"RKC! From outta nowwhere!! Waalwijk! What a move!!!"

Deisler26

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job getting out of a tough Champions League group (btw you've written "Europa League" which confused me!)

As for the league it seems like it's incredibly tight and could make for an epic season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been a while since I've been in here.. *blows off cobwebs*

I've been enticed back, due to the fact that I've seen this ridiculous 'England DNA' thing in the Level 1 Coaching Manual and this got me thinking about my own conceptions of how a team's DNA should be. Therefore, I've decided to come back and try to get my Waalwijk U-18 side to produce the goods.

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2026 Review

Results

We started our run at our 4th consecutive Eredivisie with a simple 2-1 win over FC Oss. We actually didn't drop a point until the end of September, that coming in a 0-0 draw with Willem II Tilburg. During that period, we put six goals past both FC Twente Eschade & FC Den Bosch and humiliated Feyenoord Rotterdam 3-0. Club and personal legend Thierry Ambrose took until almost November to score his first league goal of the season, this in a 3-1 defeat of Roda JC Kerkade. He then crashed in another 11 goals on top of that to finish 2026 with 12 goals in a 9 game stretch! Our only defeat came in an utterly shocking 1-3 reverse to PSV Eindhoven. We're near on 20 points clear at the turn, with only 8 games needed to secure the title, if current trends hold.

- Table - - Results -

In the KNVB Beker, we took the scenic route to a 2-0 win over RKAVV Volendam, with youth teamers Sjors Lucius & Leo Husting getting the goals early on. We then easily put four past HSC'21 in a 4-0 win, thanks to a double from youth striker Marc de Gruyter. Willem II Tillburg proved a tougher test in the Fourth Round as we beat them 1-0 with a single goal by Co Gootjes.

In the UEFA Champions League, we started our campaign away to Girondins de Bordeaux and we were poor in France, losing 1-2. Our next game didn't bode much better either drawing 0-0 with Liverpool. A 92nd minute winner by Thierry Ambrose saw us squeak past RSC Anderlecht in Belgium, but we were beaten by them at home by the same scoreline. Bottom of the group on goals and things looking bleak, I rotated some squad members for the next game against Bordeaux and a good 2-0 win put us into third for the last game against Liverpool. A magnificent 1-0 win over Liverpool, helped by a Liverpool sending off on 46 minutes and a nerveless Thierry Ambrose penalty on 73 minutes meant that we leapfrogged both Anderlecht and Liverpool to finish top of the group!

- Euro Results - Cup Results -

--------------------

Manager's Notes

This team is wonderful, but it's going to have to be torn apart as a lot of these players were brought in from other Dutch clubs and I genuinely want an entirely RKC-grown team in the next few years.

28441805405_14fd08b994_c.jpg

Doesn't seem like much for a wonderkid, does it? But, he's almost pure profit (signed for £350k) and he's got a 50% sell-on clause.

More importantly, he's the first non-RKC bred player out of the door!

So, at the end of the transfer window, I sold three main players and also a 17 year old winger, who I signed at 16.

To offset the losses, I recalled three players from loan, including wonderkid Kees Cocu (came through the academy, sold to Bayern, bought back and sent out on loan to Chelsea). Also, I bought back this guy. He's my longest serving player, but barely played for me.

2026 Youth Intake

28477713555_16dcf6cf0b_c.jpg

-- Ratings breakdown--

This is the first intake that I've had under my new plans. I signed a multitude of new coaches and let's see where these guys end up. I'll be giving seasonal reviews of these guys and others.

ST Jelle Lems

This guy looks to be the natural successor to Thierry Ambrose and I want to give him games almost from the very start. I'll train him in the False Nine role and have him tutored by Ambrose.

GK Joffrey Weynand

Another great prospect. Means that I can dispense with Mickey Van Der Hart as my backup and use him as the backup. Although, I may keep VdH around to tutor him. I just hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as his GoT namesake... He needs to train up on his Composure though.

MRL Mehmet Köse

Well, we've got ourselves a whippet here. Passing is a little off, but will be brilliant on the right for me. Maybe train him to cut inside. Co Gootjes will be his tutor.

DL Stef Pieters

A decent left back prospect. Hopefully he'll have time to develop behind Koch and Pinas. No one able to tutor him, but he has the luxury of time to develop.

ST Abdessamad Yilmaz

MC Nikola Bajic

Two lower level prospects that will be given low level games and be able to develop slowly.

22566586548_8936818463.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

End of 2026/27 Season Review

Results

Our first game of 2027, after the major surgery, was a low-key 1-0 win over FC Twente Enschade. Thierry Ambrose getting the only goal. Ambrose was on the mark yet again versus AZ Alkmaar . he hit the only goal after two mins to give us yet another unconvincing 1-0 win. A home game and a third 1-0 win on the bounce against Vitesse Arnhem. This time, teenage wing sensation Leo Huisting netted to give us the win.

Our next game and the first one after the transfer window saw two recalled players, Djeremy Wildenbosch and Kees Cocu, net to give us a 2-0 win over FC Den Bosch. We then played against Feyenoord Rotterdam where we conceded within 60 seconds. Luckily, Co Gootjes popped up on 9 minutes to give us the draw. There followed back-to-back 0-0 draws against Willem II Tilburg & AFC Ajax Amsterdam. These three draws started to worry me about whether our squad was good enough with all the departures.

This was emphatically addressed with back-to-back 3-0 wins over FC Groningen (with Djeremy Wildenbosch scoring a hat-trick) and Roda JC Kerkade. This signalled our Eredivisie win. The last 6 games were therefore only for show. A 3-2 win over NAC Breda was followed by a routine 1-0 win over FC Utrecht. This game was significant for the first senior goal by Jelle Lems, a 16 year old academy player on his debut. We then played bottom of the table,SC Telstar. We utterly battered them from one end of the pitch to the other, got hit by a sucker punch and struggled to break through. However, an 88th minute driven cross was deflected into his own goal by OUR on-loan striker Mikkel Janssen to give us a 1-1 draw.

We took revenge on PSV Eindhoven for our defeat earlier in the season by beating them 2-0. We then beat SBV Excelsior in the penultimate match, 3-1. Our final game, I tried to play the U-18 Academy players that could be stepping up in the next few seasons. And they proved my faith as we spanked sc Heerenveen 4-1. A debut goal from academy player Emillo Scholl, plus a double from Jelle Lems showed our potential available.

Board League Target: Win the Eredivisie

Actual League Result: 1st of 18, WINNERS

- Table - Results - Stats -

`

-------

The KNVB Beker was a pretty solid run-in. We easily beat NAC Breda 2-0, thanks to a Thierry Ambrose goal and a first club goal for Coen Mass. We then destroyed FC Oss in the Semi Final, 4-1. A double from wonderkid Leo Huisting set us on our way to the Final. The Final would be against Roda JC Kerkade. It was a very tepid affair with us dominating and not really taking advantage of the domination. On 30 minutes, a ball from the middle of the pitch was played out to Thierry Ambrose in the left wing channel. He galloped forwards, cut inside and unleashed a powerful drive towards the goal. The Roda JC keeper beat the ball out and it fell to Co Gootjes running in from the opposite wing. He slotted the ball home from a tight angle to put us 1-0 up. That goal proved to be the only one of the game as we ran out 1-0 winners to lift the KNVB Beker again.

Board Cup Target: Semi-Final

Actual Cup Result: WINNERS

-------

In the UEFA Champions League, we were paired with Manchester City in the First Knockout Round. It was a rough draw, especially since we won the group and we were soundly beaten 0-3 in Manchester. Two goals in three second half minutes sank us, with the crowning turd in the water pipe coming on 91 mins. We didn't fare much better at home, drawing 0-0 after we shut up shop and went into our shell. So we were out 0-3 on aggregate.

UCL Target: Make Group Stage

Actual UCL result: Out in First Knockout Round

- UEFA Champions League results -

1 minute ago, withnail316 said:

I am surprised he wasn't called Baron von Greenback by some of our...err... less classy newspapers, to be honest. 

RIGHT?!?!?!? I make this comment all the time and no-one understands

Best day! RKC took the lead with a classic FM goal. A cross from the left was emphatically fired home by Fred Benson (Freddie! Freddie Flinstone!), but in the second half, a decent finish by the Charlton forward tied it up at 1-1.

It was still 1-1 at FT, so it went to penalties. Etienne Vaessen saved the first two Charlton penalties, before Nikki Baggerman fired home the winning penalty for RKC.

rkc.jpg

rkc shirt.jpg

Charlton vs RKC, must've been a classic. :D

I didn't quite understand what are you trying to do with the team in FM, I get that you want to produce some youngsters, but why did you have to sell a bunch of stars?

Archived