Football Manager Touch 2016 Feedback Thread

Sooo, for anyone who has played it. Is an 8" screen easily playable, or does it really need more like the 9-10" models?

I'm tempted to buy a Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 8" but the 10" isn't a lot more.

I am playing in a Xperia Tablet Z3 Compact (8,1"). In my opinion is perfectly playable. The game runs perfect and this is the size thats allows you to bring the game with you everywhere. I recommend it so much.

Perhaps it depends of the portability you are looking for. If you only want it to play at the sofa buy better a 10" tablet. But if you want to carry on it with you maybe you will prefer a 8"...

Sorry for my english! :rolleyes:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am playing in a Xperia Tablet Z3 Compact (8,1"). In my opinion is perfectly playable. The game runs perfect and this is the size thats allows you to bring the game with you everywhere. I recommend it so much.

Perhaps it depends of the portability you are looking for. If you only want it to play at the sofa buy better a 10" tablet. But if you want to carry on it with you maybe you will prefer a 8"...

Sorry for my english! :rolleyes:

That's great, thanks. It'll be for train and sofa, so 8-9" is far better than 10"+

Could you please clarify if FMT2016 cross save is 30 seasons limited as FMT2015 normal version was??

I would believe that since the game is now cross-save compatible and since the PC version is limitless that this one would also be limiteless.

So, the important for me is if there is any season limit in the FMT2016 android version ??

I will probably get the game but only if its limitless, the 30 season limit last year was really a turn down.

Could you please clarify if FMT2016 cross save is 30 seasons limited as FMT2015 normal version was??

I would believe that since the game is now cross-save compatible and since the PC version is limitless that this one would also be limiteless.

So, the important for me is if there is any season limit in the FMT2016 android version ??

I will probably get the game but only if its limitless, the 30 season limit last year was really a turn down.

There is still a 30 season limit to FMT on iOS and Android purely because of the memory restrictions on tablet. Once a save game gets to the limit on tablet you will receive a message saying that you can't play it any further. Similarly when you reach the limit on PC you get a warning that the game will no longer be tablet-compatible beyond that point. You can always cross-save your game to a PC at that point and carry on indefinitely on there though :)

Having an issue whereby if I touch and drag, the location of my press is nowhere near the action underneath. As if the screen calibration is wrong. I have to press above my LM to get my MCR to move etc. Works perfectly well just clicking on an item but that's pretty much it. Brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (10inch).

How do you exit the game?

I can't see a quit game option, son always have to resort to hitting the home button to leave the game.

Just press the Home button on your device. You can fully exit any app manually instead of waiting for the OS to do it by bringing up the list of active windows, then swiping the app away. To bring that list up, on iOS double tap the home button, on Android it's usually tap the double rectangle button but can vary from device to device.

Guys there are some issues that really need addressing:

FMC has a lot of issues in the UI. Some are small details, but, they add up fast.

- custom views don't stick unless you make a copy of a copy of the view

- filters in squad views / team selections don't stick AKA if I tick "hide players not at club" leave the screen, come back, and those players are back there. Happens in "Squad" screen as well as the tactics board + squad selection. Super annoying.

- In game widgets are really poorly set up. Some don't resize, some are too chunky, some have too much going on, etc. Widgets seemed really great in the last FM. I feel like too much information is being crammed into this game at times. This is a good example of that, if you look at widgets like team ratings or match information. Why on earth is match information such a huge box with all that blank space? And why does the team ratings box need to be so chunky? A simple number/name/rating would have been effective.

- Color clashes during a match can occur if you're bringing up a player's attribute screen while making changes to a tactic. In other words, if I click on the player "box" on the tactics pitch, the player profile is blacked out. Really really bad bug.

- Prozone is just chuck full of problems in FMT. It feels like it's incredibly complicated to select what you want to see. It's just really bad UI, IMO. If I want to see what 1 player's passing looks like, and then check another player's passing, I have to de-select and re-select too many times. It's just a waste of time really. Also, a lot of times the boxes you tick don't stay ticked, or it glitches. It's just bad.

- Attribute highlighting is a joke. It's ridiculously silly to have a tiny little line on the side of the box as the highlight of an attribute. It's so easy to just put a freaking yellow or blue slightly transparent line across. Honestly, I don't understand how this is even a debate, and unfortunately I've been told that this is something that will not change. Regardless, I'm still not happy about it.

RILGTTR.png?1

- There is a general feeling of wasted space. For example, look at the "match stats" for a team in a game. There's the left side which is the player name and all that jazz, then a HUGE freaking chunk of un-used space, and then everything is crammed into the right in tiny text. Some column headings are cut off, and you can't even resize them. I don't understand this at all. This is elementary UI design at best. I expect better for my money guys. Seriously.

gYwyGho.jpg

I don't even want to comment on the match engine because certain aspects are absolutely infuriating. I'm glad I only spent 30 dollars for FM this year (FMT compared to the full game at 50 bucks).

Does anyone have any idea how to scout foreign countries on FM Touch - for some reason I can only scout UK & Ireland - no option to scout internationally.

This may be down to who you're managing and your scouting range. Who are you managing?

Not sure how FMT will run on my galaxy note 12.2 tablet? Is anyone playing it on that tablet and if so what's it like?

Hi,

I bought the game on Sunday 12/06 (Happy Birthday to me) and jumped into the touch version (I used to play FMH15)...

I "play" FMT2016 on a Galaxy Note 10.1 Edition 2014 SM-P600 which actually embeds almost the same hardware as the Galaxy Note 12.2. Unfortunately, I find the game choppy (it uses the full 2560 x 1600 definition) and I find the UI very unresponsive. It's even worse watching a 3D game while scrolling through all boards. I read that IPad Users have a "retina" option which can be switched off to improve performance, but I can't find any similar option for the game under Android (it may be hidden somewhere though...).

I may change my mind in the future but I am now a bit disappointed with how the game works. That's why for now, I cannot recommend playing it on such a device (although it's quite high-end), but an update with an option to lower the resolution may improve user experience.

P.S. : Sry for my bad English, not my mother tongue.

I have some questions, don't want to start new dedicated thread, may be someone will help me here...

I am playing for Real Madrid currently, they have second team in 3rd division.

The questions are:

- Is there any possibility to instruct assistant manager handle contract negotiations with young players of 2nd team?

The game have strange "Handle Contract Negotiations" with 2 options "R.Madrid" and "Castilla" on each player

If I choose Castilla, it shows "CRH" (Contract renewal handled) that I am responsible now for contact negotiations with this player, but "Offer Contract" disappears, very weird

If I choose R.Madrid which is default I can offer the contract, but I want to instruct my assistant manager to do this for this player

- Question about scouting

I sent my scout to scout Central Europe (among the others - Central America) on 12/Jul/2015, now is Jan/2016 and all the scout assignments are still going, even West Africa with 0 findings

When will he finish or is this a bug?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I bought the game on Sunday 12/06 (Happy Birthday to me) and jumped into the touch version (I used to play FMH15)...

I "play" FMT2016 on a Galaxy Note 10.1 Edition 2014 SM-P600 which actually embeds almost the same hardware as the Galaxy Note 12.2. Unfortunately, I find the game choppy (it uses the full 2560 x 1600 definition) and I find the UI very unresponsive. It's even worse watching a 3D game while scrolling through all boards. I read that IPad Users have a "retina" option which can be switched off to improve performance, but I can't find any similar option for the game under Android (it may be hidden somewhere though...).

I may change my mind in the future but I am now a bit disappointed with how the game works. That's why for now, I cannot recommend playing it on such a device (although it's quite high-end), but an update with an option to lower the resolution may improve user experience.

P.S. : Sry for my bad English, not my mother tongue.

Your English was fine. Looking at the comparison between the 10.1 and 12.2. The 12.2 does look to have a more powerful proccessor.

hello guys, sorry if I am posting this to a wrong place -in case, please redirect me-

A couple of days ago I purchased FM 2016 Limited Ed. from a local store in Turkey, in boxed form. It says Limited edition includes all mobile, touch and pc versions together with documentary. I managed to get documentary and pc game via steam but there is no info about mobile version.

Can someone tell me how to install mobile version from the box? there are no keys or anything other than two steam activation keys. Do they cheated (:)) on me? does it include android version or not?

hello guys, sorry if I am posting this to a wrong place -in case, please redirect me-

A couple of days ago I purchased FM 2016 Limited Ed. from a local store in Turkey, in boxed form. It says Limited edition includes all mobile, touch and pc versions together with documentary. I managed to get documentary and pc game via steam but there is no info about mobile version.

Can someone tell me how to install mobile version from the box? there are no keys or anything other than two steam activation keys. Do they cheated (:)) on me? does it include android version or not?

Hi,

We haven't released a version of the PC game that gives access to the Tablet or Mobile versions of the game - so you should talk directly to the retailer you purchased it from if that is something they offered you.

Hi,

We haven't released a version of the PC game that gives access to the Tablet or Mobile versions of the game - so you should talk directly to the retailer you purchased it from if that is something they offered you.

Thank you for the rapid response!

First of all, to the entire SI team: congratulations. Really this is AWESOME. This is my dream come true - being able to play FM on a tablet.

I have dreamed about this for probably 10 years now, when I saw the first "tablet computers" from HP, where you could twist the screen of a thick laptop and use it that way.

When I played FMH for the last 3 our 4 years I thought that you would never make it right, because it's so, so lame. But this year... man this year YES! You've done it. IT's not perfect, but it's so close to be perfect! So first and foremost, thanks!

Now about the game, What I really regret is the impossibility to edit club names, competitions and add badges. It's really pity. Other than that, there's some bugs regarding views where the columns don't stick and I have to keep doing the same thing, redefining column width, but other than that there's nothing else that really bothers me. I'm just in love with this game. My iPad now has to be charged everyday, but I guess that's the price to pay to play FM :)

Cheers,

FMT has been a frustrating and very limited experience for me I'm afraid. I became converted to FMC after being in two minds about it for a couple of years and this year thought I'd take the chance and play in on my tablet.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.1 so it's decent spec etc but I can't play the game as it can't be converted to the SD memory. I've taken everything I possibly can off my tablets memory and am still someway short of having the required memory, yet frustratingly I have more than enough memory free on my SD card.

Please can this be looked at.

What I really regret is the impossibility to edit club names, competitions and add badges. It's really pity

You can edit club names and competition names on Android, but not on iOS...

Badges cannot be added even on Android I guess (I tried and it didn't work)

Anyway, this cannot be discussed here;):herman:

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone notice issue with too many offsides? I had 9 in 30 minutes and usually ten in every game. Should i change something inmy attacking style tactic?

Likely to be an Attack Duty striker with a PPM of "Likes To Beat Offside Trap". That's better asked in the tactics forum, but this is likely to be the issue.

Okay, I'm now five years into a save and no player of mine has fully learned a new position despite training for it and playing there repeatedly. Anyone else having that same issue (iOS)?

Yep. I'm three seasons in and I'm yet to have a player fully learn a position.

Does anybody know how to transfer save files (.fmv files) from one iPad to another? I have managed to save the "games" folder using file sharing in iTunes onto my PC, this contains the .fmv files, but when it comes to transferring them back again, I can't save those files within the "games" folder. Any ideas how to solve this?

I'm currently unable to carry on playing on my save so far because of this!

Does anybody know how to transfer save files (.fmv files) from one iPad to another? I have managed to save the "games" folder using file sharing in iTunes onto my PC, this contains the .fmv files, but when it comes to transferring them back again, I can't save those files within the "games" folder. Any ideas how to solve this?

I'm currently unable to carry on playing on my save so far because of this!

You need to copy the entire 'games' folder onto the second iPad via the File Sharing section - but this will overwrite the 'games' folder already on there, so be careful.

Archived