Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

Just out of curiosity, what are you all doing with the editor that it's so important to you? I've never even opened it, don't see the need.

So they can increase the attributes of all the players of the team they're about to manage, and give themselves gazillions of pounds of transfer budget, then in a few weeks post a screenshot of an unbeaten season, or moan about how unrealistic it's become.

You know, the usual.

I see again a release of FM and the squad selection screen 'forgets' your sorting / custom views every time you click in and out of the squad. It may be a small thing but so infuriating for me.

This - Although it only seems to be an issue on FM Classic (I refuse to call it 'touch') this year.

Press shift+R to 'reload skin' and you can continue playing

Edit: was ment to be reply to guy with problems when alt+tabbing during processings

This - Although it only seems to be an issue on FM Classic (I refuse to call it 'touch') this year.

It's happening in the main game for me, I don't play Classic.

When the custom skins are released, it always seems to fix the problem - guess I'll just have to be patient.

As Hibs I just beat Rangers 6-0 away. Thought it worthy of uploading to youtube, highest quality required obviously. It's been a long wait on that encoding...

I am just frustrated with not being able to import tactic files.... it worked in the first BETA but not the update and not in the full game. Is it just me?

Edit: was ment to be reply to guy with problems when alt+tabbing during processings

First thoughts on the update is same at last update. The me defending is shocking would have thought it would have been fixed. Got defenders who are clearly favs for through balls stopping and letting attackers through.

Defending is the hardest part of the game to balance as there are so many factors at play, so it is never an instant fix. The issue you mention about defenders stopping when favourites for the ball wasn't raised in the Bugs Forum at all during the Beta process, so any examples you have to upload in the Bugs Forum would be appreciated.

I'm getting the same problem, annoying... but holding shift + r doesn't do anything, any ideas guys?

Crazy. FM 16 came out and it's having trouble beating FM 15 in Steam's stats.

And I just realized there's still quite a few people playing 14. Put all those players together...and FM makes top 5 :)

First thoughts on the update is same at last update. The me defending is shocking would have thought it would have been fixed. Got defenders who are clearly favs for through balls stopping and letting attackers through. No marking, which is cool for average players but when you have players who have high marking you wld expect them to mark. Attacking seems ok nice flow to it and I'm not saying the game is bad it's fantastic but just defending seems a hit off

Can you raise these issues here Smithbrad? With PKM examples we can look into them: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

I am just frustrated with not being able to import tactic files.... it worked in the first BETA but not the update and not in the full game. Is it just me?

Erik, can you confirm that you are trying to import an FM15 tactic file? It was a bug in the initial Beta that you were able to do this, as this has now been rectified you will need to create a new FM16 tactic from scratch (or import someone else's). The reason we cannot support support between versions for tactics is that the underlying settings are liable to change between games and so what once was a possible tactical setup in FM15 may no longer be possible to achieve in FM16. I hope this makes sense. :)

Just out of curiosity, what are you all doing with the editor that it's so important to you? I've never even opened it, don't see the need.

possibility of not being sacked-option, saves you setting up all the time

What the hell? Ansar (LIB) with this budget of 699 999 999 million euros

Unfortunately the amounts were put in with the wrong currency (US Dollars instead of Lebanese pounds). Fixed for any future data update.

Has the option to "show recent training changes" on the player overview screen gone?

EDIT: Sorry I've noticed its on the attributes pages, not profile.

Sorry guys quick question. There is 2 editors for FM16 right? Real Time one and main one? Just so i'm aware lol

A pre game editor which is free or the in game one which costs £3.99

Apologies, I'm probably not asking this in the right place but my laptop is giving up the ghost after five years of loyal service so am shopping around for a new one. Would someone be able to advise whether this one would run FM16 ok?

http://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-g50-45-laptop-amd-a8-8gb-ram-1tb-15-6-black/p1759617

Thanks, I haven't got a clue about the technical stuff

Has there been any changes to the Belgian competitions? Will I be able to promote from division 3? And if so, do I need to restart my bèta started game for that?

Apologies, I'm probably not asking this in the right place but my laptop is giving up the ghost after five years of loyal service so am shopping around for a new one. Would someone be able to advise whether this one would run FM16 ok?

http://www.johnlewis.com/lenovo-g50-45-laptop-amd-a8-8gb-ram-1tb-15-6-black/p1759617

Yes fine. Wouldn't buy from JL though, massively over-expensive. There's also a "new pc" thread on the forum somewhere.

I find the attitude to not reveal if there have been any ME changes or not a bit irritating, to be honest. By keeping people guessing all you achieve is getting 200 posts like "since the new update my strikers can't score anymore / I get two red cards a match / my tactic doesn't work any more how can I roll back the update" etc., even if there has not been an ME update (what I assume)

I find the attitude to not reveal if there have been any ME changes or not a bit irritating, to be honest. By keeping people guessing all you achieve is getting 200 posts like "since the new update my strikers can't score anymore / I get two red cards a match / my tactic doesn't work any more how can I roll back the update" etc., even if there has not been an ME update (what I assume)

Well there haven't been any ME changes. It is v1624 which is the same as the Release Candidate was.

Nope, it's the same ME as beta, even possibly the same ME as 15.

It is a (vastly) different ME to FM15, a different version to the pre-Release Beta and the same ME as the Release Candidate Beta.

I bet it's the same ME as CM93, the whole thing is just a charade. :D

Yes fine. Wouldn't buy from JL though, massively over-expensive. There's also a "new pc" thread on the forum somewhere.

Great, thanks. I'll have a look for the new pc thread.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/316085-New-Laptop-PC-Help-Needed

Has there been any changes to the Belgian competitions? Will I be able to promote from division 3? And if so, do I need to restart my bèta started game for that?

Yes many changes have been made to the Belgian competitions for the format changes from the 2016/17 season. You will now be able to be promoted from the Third Division straight away. You will however need to start a new game for the competition changes to be present.

Not a bit of a real feedback in the Official Feedback Thread, is the game really that bad this year? People, please, I want to hear a feedback, not about your technical difficulties..

I'm still convinced that all these SI guys we see crop up from time to time are all fictitious and just pseudonyms for 1 man.

Yep all these years it has really been Kevin Toms working away making the game.

Miles? well he's just a guy Kevin found sleeping rough outside his house 1 day and decided to use him as the front man.

Not a bit of a real feedback in the Official Feedback Thread, is the game really that bad this year? People, please, I want to hear a feedback, not about your technical difficulties..

You should read through this. A lot of the feedback will still apply, plus you could just download the demo:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440856-Football-Manager-2016-16-1-0-Beta-Feedback-Thread

You mean it's so awful that people are too depressed to post here? Or why are you assuming that no feedback = bad game?

brilliant :lol::lol:

people mostly post here when its something negative//problamatic.. the beta talk was as good as its ever been so take this as a good sign

I'm absolutely loving it. The ME feels really fluid and responsive. I'm still tinkering with my main tactic to get the most out of it, but I feel like I'm seeing my adjustments play out accordingly in the game, which is great.

Top work, SI. Thanks for an excellent game again.

Erik, can you confirm that you are trying to import an FM15 tactic file? It was a bug in the initial Beta that you were able to do this, as this has now been rectified you will need to create a new FM16 tactic from scratch (or import someone else's). The reason we cannot support support between versions for tactics is that the underlying settings are liable to change between games and so what once was a possible tactical setup in FM15 may no longer be possible to achieve in FM16. I hope this makes sense. :)

That is the case and in that case I understand. Thanks!

I'm getting the same problem, annoying... but holding shift + r doesn't do anything, any ideas guys?

You need to go the preferences and from within there, click the drop down [Preferences > Interface] and under the [Appearance] section, you need to tick the box "Reload skin when confirming in Preferences". This will reload the skin when confirming the preferences anyway. You will now also be able to press [sHIFT + R] whilst in a game too.