Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

2 issues:

1 - Friendlies cancel themselves immediately after being agreed. (Internationals)

2 - Press conferences ask redundant questions - i.e. "Rooney is about to break the record for goalscoring for England." - He's been removed from the squad injured.

3 - I lied, 3rd issue - Managers get sacked too much for curious reasons:

Two easy examples:

Van Gaal is sacked with United at 4th, in the 6th round of the FA Cup and in the Euros. He had a rough run of fixtures, lost four or five on the bounce, but they looked like close games. He was sacked to 'change their fortunes', but really he wasn't that far off what United might have been expected in the first season!

Rodgers - Sunderland get him after sacking Allardyce, they're rock bottom at 20th and they manage to get up the table but in the end can't survive and relegate. He gets sacked immediately. Surely, Sunderland should have been keeping hold of him for rebuilding rather than basically going through 2 managers within 3/4 months? He was picked up right at the back end of the season too, so not really much leeway for him to pull off the great escape.

One thing that has stood out for me in the last few incarnations of the game is the amount of players who get dropped from their national teams if they aren't playing regular football. IRL with all the home nations they have players playing for the national side who aren't regulars for their Club and it certainly isn't cut and dried that if you aren't a regular for your Club you won't be picked for the national team. Ok they may not necessarily start but they are often in the squad. Even at England level with players like Townsend at Spurs, Milner when he was at Man City, Kieran Gibbs and Ryan Mason this is the real life situation. Unfortunately in FM as soon as a player hasn't been playing for his Club he is seemingly dumped very quickly from the National squad.

can someone explain to me what Mathieu is doing here ? tackling the player.. staying around and then he runs away instead of taking the fkn ball :mad: a bug ? happened a few times before .

I think he just gets dispossessed after making the initial tackle. Probably just an instance of the 3D animations not being that great rather than a bug.

95ae949d6b04a021dd45d868bc865a0d.png

10 woodworks :D

Why are shots that hit the woodwork not counted as shots?

I guess I just don't understand the math. 8 shots. 2 on target, 5 off target, 1 blocked, and 10 woodwork. what?

I guess I just don't understand the math. 8 shots. 2 on target, 5 off target, 1 blocked, and 10 woodwork. what?

I think there are some instances where woodwork hits are being registered wrongly.. I had a game today where one shot that hit bar counted as 4 towards the woodwork stat.

Have a look at the clip below that screenshot and it'll be much clearer.

aha.gif

can someone explain to me what Mathieu is doing here ? tackling the player.. staying around and then he runs away instead of taking the fkn ball :mad: a bug ? happened a few times before .

Just a lack in the animations, I suppose. I played against that winger today and was wondering why his name is I.CAVALEIRO on the pitch and not just his surname in regular non-shouting letters.

Van Gaal is sacked with United at 4th, in the 6th round of the FA Cup and in the Euros. He had a rough run of fixtures, lost four or five on the bounce, but they looked like close games. He was sacked to 'change their fortunes', but really he wasn't that far off what United might have been expected in the first season!

just though I'd point out that Van Gaal on FM now has the [joint] most reputable squad in England right now - so the board expectations have been increased (many ManUtd managers complained that a title win on the RC build was a massive increase from continental qualification on the beta)

of which I would take a guess that it's been due to a Chelsea nerf, given where they currently are IRL

Have a look at the clip below that screenshot and it'll be much clearer.

5 shots off target hit the cross bar 2x or more? OK. Happens all the time.

5 shots off target hit the cross bar 2x or more? OK. Happens all the time.

So you didn't look at the clip then.

This happened

b4c436932e7e1d4ab2fc320046a0e7fe.gif

Mind telling me how many times it hit? Or is there a pixel in there when it's sitting on top that it keeps vibrating on?

Mind telling me how many times it hit? Or is there a pixel in there when it's sitting on top that it keeps vibrating on?

It looks as though most or all of the hits are because of that buggy incident. Just visibly it looks like around 5 hits, but I'm just going off the .gif.

Enjoying FM16 so far, match engine is looking good. Only downside for me is the user interface and alot of the games layout.

I've never really got used to the UI in recent versions, just can't get into the game like I could with FM12 and backwards. (hours spent on FM have steadily dropped with each version since FM13)

Also, still no way to get the matchday screens to switch between the 'overview' and 'pitch' screens between highlights, which people have been asking for ever since FM14.

We've got all that information now on the default overview screen, but no auto switch while there are no highlights.

Are Mohicans coming back ? Seems like most regens have just joined the US Marine Corps

Last few years I noticed an AI issue that haunts players who are natural only in positions, which aren't available in their manager's tactical formation. Started noticing when over many different saves always the same names popped up, after their non-inclusion for a national team match. Especially Götze's fate is sealed many times, as he's only natural as AMC. Seems like "accomplished" isn't favoured too heavily by the AI when picking their squad... Anyone else noticed something similar?

Are Mohicans coming back ? Seems like most regens have just joined the US Marine Corps

I have noticed this too.

Probably, although his personality really changed.

Before

j34YQbn.jpg

After

fPFLFRZ.jpg

Just curious if this was something I could influence. I'm hoping more of my youngsters get this. :)

This comes as a result of young players influenced by the squad personality. More of them can as long as you maintain a professional squad. It's a great step in the right direction that hopefully will see tutoring on the scrapheap .

5 games in a row with the gk of the oposition team with ratings ~8.5... no its not a bug lol

schmeichel just did 10.0!!!!!! saved 20 shots on target!!!!!

-----Dybala------Sturridge-----

----------Coutinho--------------

-----Pogba------Henderson---

ffs

This weird behavior in defending, like lack of marking and positioning from world class defenders against poor teams in pre season and cup matches is starting to **** me off.

Why in gods name would someone create such a game, release it and Call it "the full game". Its not even Complete With all these major bugs and stupid Player movements in matches.

Been seing so many stupid movements. And the Home vs Away in this years ediot, WTF!

2 issues:

1 - Friendlies cancel themselves immediately after being agreed. (Internationals)

2 - Press conferences ask redundant questions - i.e. "Rooney is about to break the record for goalscoring for England." - He's been removed from the squad injured.

These are bugs. Could you post in the bugs forum and upload a save game for each, just before the events please?

Why do my player attributes suddenly become highlighted for a specific role? I don't want this! How do I turn it off?

Game endings seem to be extremely anticlimatic. In 1.5 seasons I've only seen 2-3 matches where 4 minutes have been added, in 80% of matches there are no highlights in the final 5 minutes and referees blow the whistle at exactly x:00 seconds, not letting even a few seconds to be overplayed even when one of the teams is in attacking position.

Same... even me!! I'm in the game as a 1st season youth player.

Xg6QcmL.png

Was picking my team for a pre-season friendly just now.

Decided to pick the team a day in advance as my U20s are playing a match the same day.

So i make sure none of my players in the first team are available for the U20 game.

Then i pick, for my main squad friendly, the U20s that i want to take a look at as well.

What i discover is that i can't set my picked U20 players to not be available for the U20s match.

I don't want them to play in their match as i need them for my own friendly.

What i end up with is a bunch of them (after continuing on to matchday) being ineligible, due to me not being able to set them to unavailable.

Is it working as intended or is it an error?

Surely i should be able to tell my U20 manager to not use them, or?

Must say I am seeing the opposition score loads through crosses with defending positioning especially my full backs extremely poor. Tried several things to remedy it but no joy.

Went back to play the game after leaving it for a week because I was hoping a patch would have come out at this stage to solve some of the problems with the match engine. Decided to give the game another shot but I couldnt get through a few games without just switching it off because all I saw was poor defending of wings and every goal coming from a cross, it really makes me feel like the game isnt worth playing yet because the ME is so imbalanced. Frustrating because I really wantto get into a save. Anyone have any idea when an update might happen?

Must say I am seeing the opposition score loads through crosses with defending positioning especially my full backs extremely poor. Tried several things to remedy it but no joy.

Mate, please...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440965-Unnecessary-Decisions-to-Double-Mark-Leaves-Acres-of-Space-Generally-Wonky-Defensive-Shape

Regarding the bizarre instances (some) people are experiencing in the defensive part of the game - positioning, decision making, ect... - I have come up with a little theory. Now, I haven't been playing the game long enough to go through all the aspects, but can contribute with somethings I have encountered during the tactical set-ups I have been testing with the team strategies and individual player settings.

If, for example, that you are implementing tactics that use more lower or middle Mentality Frameworks and you play Attacking Duty Full Backs/Wing Backs or that you implementing more higher Mentality Frameworks with Defensive Duty Full Backs/Wing Backs - the positioning and decision making gets somewhat distorted. Also, if you are playing wider and having your Full Backs instructed to sit more narrow might cause some graphical mishaps.

As long as I have played the game, there is a certain risk/reward element that comes with the tactical choices one makes in conjunction with the next league/cup/international fixture on your list...

Again, this is just an insight from my part and an educated guess - but in my experience, the more 'in tune' your tactical instructions are within the different frameworks/strategies the less mishaps you will encounter in the ME...

Regarding the bizarre instances (some) people are experiencing in the defensive part of the game - positioning, decision making, ect... - I have come up with a little theory. Now, I haven't been playing the game long enough to go through all the aspects, but can contribute with somethings I have encountered during the tactical set-ups I have been testing with the team strategies and individual player settings.

If, for example, that you are implementing tactics that use more lower or middle Mentality Frameworks and you play Attacking Duty Full Backs/Wing Backs or that you implementing more higher Mentality Frameworks with Defensive Duty Full Backs/Wing Backs - the positioning and decision making gets somewhat distorted. Also, if you are playing wider and having your Full Backs instructed to sit more narrow might cause some graphical mishaps.

As long as I have played the game, there is a certain risk/reward element that comes with the tactical choices one makes in conjunction with the next league/cup/international fixture on your list...

Again, this is just an insight from my part and an educated guess - but in my experience, the more 'in tune' your tactical instructions are within the different frameworks/strategies the less mishaps you will encounter in the ME...

Great to see you back and around.

So the much derided "Automatic" duty full backs may have a place at the moment :)

as a serial champ man/FM addict for many a year, for anyone from SI who might read this, I just want to say thank you and well done for delivering a quality addition to the series. love it

Was picking my team for a pre-season friendly just now.

Decided to pick the team a day in advance as my U20s are playing a match the same day.

So i make sure none of my players in the first team are available for the U20 game.

Then i pick, for my main squad friendly, the U20s that i want to take a look at as well.

What i discover is that i can't set my picked U20 players to not be available for the U20s match.

I don't want them to play in their match as i need them for my own friendly.

What i end up with is a bunch of them (after continuing on to matchday) being ineligible, due to me not being able to set them to unavailable.

Is it working as intended or is it an error?

Surely i should be able to tell my U20 manager to not use them, or?

They'd need to be moved up to the first team.. which is the case irl mostly too.

They'd need to be moved up to the first team.. which is the case irl mostly too.

Ah, that's too bad.

Very cumbersome having to move them up for a game, move them back down and then up again for the next game etc.

Is it new in FM16? I didn't do that in FM15. I just selected my 23 players and then marked them, on the news screen, as unavailable

I can understand the thinking behind it but it doesn't really make sense to me the way it is now.

Why would i move someone up to the main squad just for a game, when they belong to the U20 squad?

If i had to announce, to the players, the match day squad i would get it. Like, "you guys are in the squad for the game, the rest of you stay behind" kind of thing.

When, or if, i move to a bigger club that will be a nightmare. I will have to shuffle 11-23 reserves/youngsters for the first half of my pre-season friendlies.

Moving them to and from the main squad all the time during that period.

No point in having players in separate reserve and/or youth squad then. Just move everybody up to the main squad and forget about the moving of players.

Just set them as available or unavailable from the news screen, like i normally do.

But i also get the feeling i'm missing a detail or two here.

Defending definitely has some wonky moments, but clearly still viable even if it looks really ugly at times. Using Structured/Very Structured and/or Stick to Positions helps. Granted, I've had some REALLY lucky moments throughout the season that saved me probably at least 5 goals, but still.

WQ4Ps3N.jpg

Arghh

Start of the 3rd season and half the players I'm trying to sign are asking for non negotiable Minimum Fee Release clauses for way below what it'd be worth me accepting (trying to sign a 28yr old winder with a value of 1.4 million , he is listed with a asking price of 650k and his agent is demanding a non negotiable 950k release clause).

Same thing with my star midfielder. He's valued at 1million but his Agent keeps putting a non negotiable 1.7 million release fee in his contract.

I've no issue with the agent demanding one , but I'd be much happier if I could negotiate it up to something more realistic.

as a serial champ man/FM addict for many a year, for anyone from SI who might read this, I just want to say thank you and well done for delivering a quality addition to the series. love it

I agree 100% with this.

Started three saves, two with Manchester United and one with Watford. In all three saves, my first choice keeper got injured during preseason , first choice left back got injured within the first 3 matched and first team right right back constantly get send off. Created a super team in the editor with all players injuries proneness set to 1 and the same thing happen. The game clearly hates me.

That aside I'm liking all the additional small details added in this version and morr information are presented to you as a manager.

Just saw Dumbarton win the Scottish Premiership, and Viktoria Plzen win the CL. Well done by SI getting the realism down. :applause:

Just saw Dumbarton win the Scottish Premiership, and Viktoria Plzen win the CL. Well done by SI getting the realism down. :applause:

In what season and with what leagues loaded? That in isolation isn't really going to help. Given it's Dumbarton, it's got to be at least one season on from the start, possibly more. Not sure how SI are supposed to build "realism" several years into a future that they don't know, but hey ho.

In what season and with what leagues loaded? That in isolation isn't really going to help. Given it's Dumbarton, it's got to be at least one season on from the start, possibly more. Not sure how SI are supposed to build "realism" several years into a future that they don't know, but hey ho.

I hoidayed a game till 2033 to check some settings and I've to say that nothing similar occurred...on the contrary, it's quite boring to see Chelsea-Man Utd-Arsenal dominating the premier League and the 'classic' Big winning CL...

I hoidayed a game till 2033 to check some settings and I've to say that nothing similar occurred...on the contrary, it's quite boring to see Chelsea-Man Utd-Arsenal dominating the premier League and the 'classic' Big winning CL...

It'll depend on the leagues loaded and whether you're running the leagues in full detail as well.

I agree with this point, it's impossible to predict the future and fluke wins did happen even in UCL or Champions Cup as it was called back then. Remember Steaua Bucharest and Red Star belgrade in the mid 80's and beggining of the 90's?

I always have a chuckle at posts like this, as i always look at it from the other view point:

If say YOU had taken over Plzen, and maybe after a few seasons or so of building a team, plucking away at results, getting the formation together, keeping the lads happy etc etc you got a little run going in the Champions League, got a decent group, managed to go all the way and win it with a few lucky results here, solid defensive performances there, would you then come here saying how unrealistic the game is, or would you come here, crack a thread open and declare that you had managed to take a massive underdog to Champions League success? I think we all know the answer...

Just my two cents :brock:

I'm seeing a lot of sending's off for a second yellows atm on normal tackling and also conceding a lot of goals from opposition free kicks. The ball is swung in, my defence stands still and a striker pops in to volley home. Anyone else with these two problems?

This comes as a result of young players influenced by the squad personality. More of them can as long as you maintain a professional squad. It's a great step in the right direction that hopefully will see tutoring on the scrapheap .

Thanks for the info!

Seen my first long johns on my keeper, I know it's an issue and wondered what people wee talking about but they appeared in a game against St Johnstone when we were wearing our purple away strip.

I always have a chuckle at posts like this, as i always look at it from the other view point:

If say YOU had taken over Plzen, and maybe after a few seasons or so of building a team, plucking away at results, getting the formation together, keeping the lads happy etc etc you got a little run going in the Champions League, got a decent group, managed to go all the way and win it with a few lucky results here, solid defensive performances there, would you then come here saying how unrealistic the game is, or would you come here, crack a thread open and declare that you had managed to take a massive underdog to Champions League success? I think we all know the answer...

Just my two cents :brock:

You realise Dumbarton are a part time team playing in the Scottish Championship with crowds of around 1000, if you were playing the game and this news item popped up, you would be very surprised indeed.

You realise Dumbarton are a part time team playing in the Scottish Championship with crowds of around 1000, if you were playing the game and this news item popped up, you would be very surprised indeed.

Which wasn't really the point of the post you quoted. The point was that had the human manager been the one that got Dumbarton to do that, they wouldn't come on and complain bitterly about how unrealistic it was that they achieved it. Completely correct. When the AI does it, it's unrealistic. When the human manager does it, it's an achievement. The happy dichotomy.

Out of interest, have either of those teams had a takeover (more specifically a Tycoon).

If so, makes it much more likely.

Which wasn't really the point of the post you quoted. The point was that had the human manager been the one that got Dumbarton to do that, they wouldn't come on and complain bitterly about how unrealistic it was that they achieved it. Completely correct. When the AI does it, it's unrealistic. When the human manager does it, it's an achievement. The happy dichotomy.

Come on now, we all know the AI manager never achieves anything like success the human player can, it's always been like that, I'd go as far as to say when I see people posting about taking very low league teams to champions league, I automatically think wonder tactic exploiting the ME. Teams like Dumbarton will never get the crowds or finances to compete with the higher teams in the game here in Scotland.