Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

My chairman took the matter into his own hands and flogged him for £300,000! :(

You were clearly doing a bad job of it, so someone had to step in. :brock:

Do Bolton go to crap on everyone elses saves?

Relegated from Championship here (I won it on final day :D) FcHI6YU.png

And relegated from League One on another save

You were clearly doing a bad job of it, so someone had to step in. :brock:

Although it is so frustrating, I like this chairman stepping in feature (I am aware it is not new) - it is very realistic.

Although it is so frustrating, I like this chairman stepping in feature (I am aware it is not new) - it is very realistic.

I agree with that. Frustrating, but I like it. Tough balancing act though as you can imagine the outcry if it happened too much.

I'm not sure if that is new in FM16, since I didn't play FM15, but it didn't occur in FM14:

Sometimes when assign an additional individual focus for a player, he will complain that he doesn't see that as being beneficial.

Now what is that going to tell me? Will his training performance suffer? Will he not focus on that additional attribute?

Do those questions depend on his personality?

I don't think it should be the players' concern if an attribute focus makes sense (my youngster goalkeeper was complaining about me training his jumping reach). At least I would like to have more feedback from the game what the result might be.

I agree with that. Frustrating, but I like it. Tough balancing act though as you can imagine the outcry if it happened too much.

Well this thread would be twenty pages by now. :D

This chairman feature used to be way more aggressive in older versions (around 2007-2009 or so). I wish it still was tbh, not because I enjoy having to sell my best players but rather because it would stop other clubs from knocking back offers they clearly shouldn't be in a position to reject.

I'm had a few instances of really tame headers been shot at goal, and the keeper taking an age to react so it just bounces on past them and into the net. Then they dive for it just as it crosses the line.

Never been a fan of the way you talk to your players/team either, and it doesn't seem much has changed there. Playing as Liverpool and made a bad start with two wins in seven, but losses were to Man City, Chelsea, Southampton, and a ridiculously unlucky one to Arsenal. Then I had players come to me saying they weren't happy with how I was managing the team. After one response, Emre Can was the only one still unhappy, but there was no option to just talk to him, so I had to either be firm with all the players, including the ones who had already backed down, or else settle for Can being unhappy.

And that came after four games in which we won two, went out narrowly to Man Utd in the league cup, and the aforementioned Arsenal game. We played relatively well in each of the four after a rough start, so it seemed an odd time for the players to suddenly start kicking up a fuss.

The changes to the me from the original beta release have definitely been for the worse in my opinion. My form hasn't changed, and I'm doing just as well, but seeing the one touch, laser precision, counter attacks from mediocre teams others have mentioned, has certainly made me feel less like I'm playing a realistic depiction of football.

This is bugging me also.

Is favoured personel removed from the player information screen? Need to sign a friend of my player to keep him happy. Where can i find what player is one of his friend?

Edit: Oh, hasn't been removed, only on the player who did the request it isn't showing. So no favoured personel i guess. How do I know who to sign? :D

Now what is that going to tell me? Will his training performance suffer? Will he not focus on that additional attribute?

Do those questions depend on his personality?

Would also like to know about this.

Please share your tactics!

I want this too. :)

(just lost 3-1 at home to Man City today :(

Here you go

X1wtKkF.jpg

As I have posted before, my concerns pre and post update.

How easy the game has become after the 1st update, please rectify SI there is no challenge anymore.

QKKreya.jpg

The changes to the me from the original beta release have definitely been for the worse in my opinion. My form hasn't changed, and I'm doing just as well, but seeing the one touch, laser precision, counter attacks from mediocre teams others have mentioned, has certainly made me feel less like I'm playing a realistic depiction of football.

It's more to do with defender positioning I think and has been raised a few times in the bugs forum. They are annoying but I'm sure it'll be improved.

That's not many games, and I notice you lost your last one. Maybe play a few more?

I play all games on full match highlights and the manner of control my team is enjoying now is at godlike levels.

look at the goals 30-3

p.s West brom were just lucky.

Would you post a screenshot of your Reports->Teamtalk feedback please?

Are you serious?

I will just point out the obvious here.

You play as Spurs who are one of the better teams in the league, the games you lost as you said in 'the original build' are away to Man Utd, away to Man City and away to Arsenal, games that would be a struggle for Spurs in RL, the only other game you lost was against West Ham.

In the 'Post Update' the only top team you had to play was at Home to Man City, you also played 2 FA cup games against lower sides, be it luck or not you lost to West Brom.

I am not seeing the issue here, not with the screenshot you have posted, you lost against teams you could lose to and won the games you should have won and then after the update you won against teams you would, for the most part, expect to win against.

Here you go

X1wtKkF.jpg

I play using a very similar tactic to great success. I sometimes swap the AMC for a DM in the harder away games, otherwise not a lot different!

I will just point out the obvious here.

You play as Spurs who are one of the better teams in the league, the games you lost as you said in 'the original build' are away to Man Utd, away to Man City and away to Arsenal, games that would be a struggle for Spurs in RL, the only other game you lost was against West Ham.

In the 'Post Update' the only top team you had to play was at Home to Man City, you also played 2 FA cup games against lower sides, be it luck or not you lost to West Brom.

I am not seeing the issue here, not with the screenshot you have posted, you lost against teams you could lose to and won the games you should have won and then after the update you won against teams you would, for the most part, expect to win against.

This. Would like to see how you finish the season.

For me there's only a couple of tough fixtures that you've got good results in.

Also, remember you've signed one of the best midfielders in the game.

I have an annoyance that the game seems to lag in game especially im in tactics and dragging players off/ moving positions.

Any suggestions to improve that?

I have zoom in 125% but on standard size of text it works fine but the writing is too small

I have to say that the whole player complaining about this and that is really getting annoying. I'm playing FM 16, not the Sims …

I.e. in national management, a player was injured and recovered from that. Then he was used in approx. 30-40% of the games for his club, the rest being an unused sub.

Now I've dropped him from the team and he asks why. I tell him, that he should play more often and then I'd reconsider.

He says that he played plenty of games (yeah, right) and is pissed off when I still tell him to play more.

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I have to say that the whole player complaining about this and that is really getting annoying. I'm playing FM 16, not the Sims …

But it is realistic and should even be turned up, especially when a player wants to move to a bigger club.

But it is realistic and should even be turned up, especially when a player wants to move to a bigger club.

Is it?

I doubt, that players constantly run to their coaches and tell them what they want and don't want to train.

Also in the case mentioned above, basically you have three options. Tell him he didn't play enough. Tell him that you made a mistake. Can't remember the last one right now but it was pretty negative, which was inappropriate given that I didn't "fully" want to drop the player.

I mean yeah, in real life there certainly is a lot of contact between players and managers, but what we have here (there are quite a few examples) is just players complaining about stupid things with ridiculous answers to choose from.

Yes I'm serious. I want to see what your ass man says about the player's level of understanding.

h5igy2E.jpg

Is it?

I doubt, that players constantly run to their coaches and tell them what they want and don't want to train.

Also in the case mentioned above, basically you have three options. Tell him he didn't play enough. Tell him that you made a mistake. Can't remember the last one right now but it was pretty negative, which was inappropriate given that I didn't "fully" want to drop the player.

I mean yeah, in real life there certainly is a lot of contact between players and managers, but what we have here (there are quite a few examples) is just players complaining about stupid things with ridiculous answers to choose from.

Maybe not everything but regarding transfers, in real life it is nearly impossible for small teams to hold onto players , while in fm it is not that difficult.

I've always been a bit baffled by the graphics in FM. Look at FIFA and Pro Evo and consider that those animations have to be controllable in real time, yet still look wonderfully fluid and realistic. It hardly matters to me because I’ll end up watching everything in 2D anyway but the matches on FM truly look like something from the mid 90’s. The ball and players don’t look like they’re actually rolling or standing on the ground - everything kind of glides and floats about. I don’t understand why one of the biggest selling games out there in the year 2015 needs to look so poor. It’s so stilted and poorly animated, it simply looks nothing like football and I find you’re better off with a 2D view, treating what’s on your screen as nothing more than a vague tactical diagram. I’m no stickler for flashy graphics but these look genuinely primitive.

The ball and players don’t look like they’re actually rolling or standing on the ground - everything kind of glides and floats about.

The ball physics have had massive rework over the past 2 versions of the game, there's not much wrong with the ball movement now. The "gliding" is an inherent limitation of the graphics engine; there needs to be a contact point with the pitch in order for running to "work". Of course everyone would like to have a perfect ME and perfect visuals. I'd rather have a decent ME and "primitive" graphics than a FIFA or Pro Evo ME with snazzy graphics. One things for sure: it has taken 20+ years to build a ME like we have in FM, so there's a bit of a wait before the other games catch up in that regard.

The ball physics have had massive rework over the past 2 versions of the game, there's not much wrong with the ball movement now. The "gliding" is an inherent limitation of the graphics engine; there needs to be a contact point with the pitch in order for running to "work". Of course everyone would like to have a perfect ME and perfect visuals. I'd rather have a decent ME and "primitive" graphics than a FIFA or Pro Evo ME with snazzy graphics. One things for sure: it has taken 20+ years to build a ME like we have in FM, so there's a bit of a wait before the other games catch up in that regard.

Edit , never mind , reading comprehension fail :p

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather work was put into making the ME work tactically than have a beautiful looking game (see above, I watch on 2D anyway so I can see what everyone is doing), and I appreciate that the ME has taken a lot of getting right, but I find it surprising and slightly disappointing that it is so unwatchable and primitive-looking in 3D, given the stratospheric sales of the game over such a long period. It's one of the biggest games ever but it looks really low budget.

I disagree that there's not much wrong with the ball movement anymore - it looks like there's a game of air hockey going on. If the "gliding" is an inherent limitation of the graphics engine then... use a different one that works? Other games manage to represent balls rolling and people running about just fine but the best SI can do is have them floating around in this eerie way, waggling their legs in the air. Everything about the movement of the ball and players looks unnatural.

If the "gliding" is an inherent limitation of the graphics engine then... use a different one that works?

I'm not sure if you're an expert on this stuff, but I'm not. Maybe it's just not that easy? If it was, all football simulation games would just be a case of "We'll have that Match Engine, that animation engine, that lighting module, that interaction module and it'll all look tickety-boo".

I'm not sure what games you feel have got these elements right, but if it is limited to FIFA and Pro Evo, then it's fair to assume that their respective development budgets are a tad different to SI's. The SI team is still a bunch of blokes in a big, dark cupboard in London.

Here you go

X1wtKkF.jpg

Why have you called this tactic counter? I can't see anything that resembles a counter oriented approach :)

Why have you called this tactic counter? I can't see anything that resembles a counter oriented approach :)

lets see your 7 team instructions :p

lets see your 7 team instructions :p

you can see them in the top line on the right ("Retain possession, Shorter Passing,Play out of defence, etc.")

I'm not sure if you're an expert on this stuff, but I'm not. Maybe it's just not that easy? If it was, all football simulation games would just be a case of "We'll have that Match Engine, that animation engine, that lighting module, that interaction module and it'll all look tickety-boo".

I'm not sure what games you feel have got these elements right, but if it is limited to FIFA and Pro Evo, then it's fair to assume that their respective development budgets are a tad different to SI's. The SI team is still a bunch of blokes in a big, dark cupboard in London.

Yep, and I'm sure they're doing all they can. Just seems odd to me. There are clearly lots of examples out there of games with realistic physics, people that look like people etc etc etc, not just sports games and not just games with huge budgets. FM sticks out a bit in the wonky graphics department for some reason.

Ignore the title, I messed up the saving.

Never been one to moan about injuries on FM before but i'm a bit worried about the number of Medium/Long term injuries my team has picked up recently. I'm now in November and here is a list (of only the more serious ones) of injuries my team has picked up in only 19 games in all competitions (though no player has played in all those games)

Markovic - 4 weeks - Sprained Ankle - In Match

Moreno - 3 months - Broken Foot - In Match

Romero - 5 Weeks - Sprained Ankle - In Match

Sa - 3 weeks - Twisted Ankle - In Match

Clyne - 7 to 9 weeks - Damaged Spine - In Match

Coutinho - 2 Months - Dislocated Shoulder - In Match

Flanagan - 2 Months - Dislocated Shoulder In Training

Ibe - 4 Weeks - Sprained Ankle - In Match

Enrique - 2 Weeks - Sprained Ankle - In Match

Enrique - 2 Weeks - Twisted Knee - In Match

Can't say i've experienced so many injuries like this before in FM. Thought it would be worth raising. Nothing has changed in my training since i've started the game (this is my 3rd season) and i've not had the injuries like this before so not sure if it's something to do with the most recent update

Edit: Can add Sturridge - 5 - 6 months - Broken Leg - In Match

He just picked up this injury on international duty. This is a nightmare to manage!

My 2 CB split and my DLP sits between them when my keeper has the ball - this is fine as it's exactly what I want as its these 3 that I want the keeper to pass to :)

The issue is however that my 2 WBs end up standing about 5 feet away from each of the CBs which looks very odd.

The WBs should be further up the pitch

Will try to get a screen shot of this.

The problem is that your £1m valuation is unrealistic. It's far too high. What's he worth? For what kind of money do the other 'big' players in that league typically go for?

I have to ask, why is it unrealistic?

You see players go for extortionate amounts all the time? ..well over their valuations.

See this is what I also don't get

:seagull:

My 2 CB split and my DLP sits between them when my keeper has the ball - this is fine as it's exactly what I want as its these 3 that I want the keeper to pass to :)

The issue is however that my 2 WBs end up standing about 5 feet away from each of the CBs which looks very odd.

The WBs should be further up the pitch

Will try to get a screen shot of this.

This is annoying. You also get some weird stuff if you use two DMs. Examples in the Bugs Forum would be appreciated :)

- I like that there are some offside calls, but there are some truly horrendous offside calls happening. Consistently. And there don't seem to be any calls *not* made which are offside. The errors seem to always be when the player is not offside.

- I like that it's harder to score, but there is some truly diabolical finishing going on. Players that are 8 yards out missing by 8 yards. If I don't score from a midfielder with a laser, I don't seem to score.

- Keepers are super. As in Da-Da-da-DAAAAH! Crazy saves going on.

Is this happening for other peoples games or just mine? Just come across it on my game. My first team gets average attendances of between 200 to 350. This is a screenshot of my U21's. Note the Oldham and Barnsley games. Why are they getting higher attendances than the first team?

89571b559a670efaf92d659d48a2a6a9.png

not sure if it's something to do with the most recent update

No, it's called you having an injury crisis.

Loaning players seems to be much more difficult than in previous versions. Perhaps that was the intention. Scouts also appear to be much slower in producing reports on assignment.

My least favourite interface change is the inability to highlight key attributes for a player unless you have already scouted him. I always liked having that ability and miss it greatly.

Scouts also appear to be much slower in producing reports on assignment.

I've been testing out the scouting, and as far as I can tell if your scout has higher determination he will report back faster, at least it seems that way. In my previous save it seemed like general report cards took one or two advances to come back, but my current scouts have higher determination and the report cards are literally instant as soon as I advance.

I have to ask, why is it unrealistic?

You see players go for extortionate amounts all the time? ..well over their valuations.

See this is what I also don't get

:seagull:

Because it is far too high. Looking at last year's transfers in that league:

BREIDABLIK KÓPAVOGUR

Sold 1 player for £105,000

FH HAFNARFJÖRDUR

Sold 1 player for £17,500

Two 'big' transfers the entire season and it was for peanuts.

The year before that? The total amount (when taking all the players sold into account) was £280,000 and that was for 4 players sold.

It is mostly loans and free transfers over there. Selling a player for £1m is 9-10 times what's 'expected' around there, so he did well to get £300,000.