Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

I don't believe you still haven't fixed that bug where game just freezes when there is freekick of some sort, and the game time just goes to the end, and full whistle. It's a bug that has been here since first beta, ffs.

I can't believe the bug with the FIFA rankings on FMC have not yet been fixed. This is a gamebreaker for me. There's no way I can take a save seriously when the Maldives are ranked as the No1 team in the world. Tonga and American Samoa also quickly rise up the rankings - even though they always lose their games.

When will this bug be fixed?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe the bug with the FIFA rankings on FMC have not yet been fixed. This is a gamebreaker for me. There's no way I can take a save seriously when the Maldives are ranked as the No1 team in the world. Tonga and American Samoa also quickly rise up the rankings - even though they always lose their games.

Issues will be fixed when it is safe to do so, SI need to code & test any changes then make sure they do not impact other areas of the game before waiting for a suitable window to release an update.

It's frustrating but these things take time.

Nothing winds me up on this forum than people who think they speak for everyone. No one speaks for me other than me.

Is the game perfect? No.

Is it playable and enjoyable? Yes

Are fixes needed? Sure but there's nothing game breaking.

I fully agree with you. This ME is far from perfect but it's really really nice. Instead of having a new untested ME, I'd rather prefer to go on with this till a BETTER one is ready (non just a DIFFERENT ONE). Of course the full back are a little overpowered, but some overlapping movements are incredible this year.

Of course too many goals arrive from the flanks, few centre build up and few long shots, but I don't think it's a bug, just a bit of finetuning.

With reference to the defenders: in my own experience I've managed to build a solid defence, I concede few easy shots and few goals, I've to say I'm happy with it.

So, please SI: test test test the ME before providing us a new one, the current one is already quite good!!!

How is the Maldives being the number 1 ranked international team a 'gamebreaker' for you? Unless you're an international manager, this will have no effect on your save whatsoever.

How is the Maldives being the number 1 ranked international team a 'gamebreaker' for you? Unless you're an international manager, this will have no effect on your save whatsoever.

don't you want to hoard up Maldivians due to a newly improved WP system?

First time this has happened in 10 seasons. I got in a new U-19 manager and every week i'm getting news that the board has blocked his departure. He has 2 years on his contract and i have not tried to release him?

Also was asked to play a Testimonial, only to find the player had already been injured for 1 month (7-8months total) before they asked to play? surely the whole point of the Testimonial is that he plays? It's not that much of a problem really, a one off i imagine.

but is the board set to 'hire/fire staff' or something, maybe your man in charge of it doesn't think he's needed

and I think the testimonial thing is weird - I had Buffon miss his due to getting a shoulder injury, which I found rather funny (unfortunate for him, but a match in his honour that he doesn't play in should be rescheduled imo)

These ridiculous rankings will have affect the qualifying groups for international tournaments, so you'll end up with groups of terrible teams and "groups of death" quite often. I would like to move into international management at some point in my save, so yes it would affect me.

I read somewhere on here a few days ago that clubs view players differently if they are regulars for a high-ranking team. The worry is that you'll get top clubs going after regular Maldive internationals because they are perceived as playing regularly for a big country.

This bug has a massive knock-on effect throughout the game world, and I for one will wait until it is fixed before I start a proper save.

Hadn't noticed that bug before... In my game.

1. Maldives 2. Argentina 3. Brunei 4. Tonga 5. Germany 6. Belgium 7. Romania 8. Wales 9. England 10. Portugal 11. Colombia 12. Holland 13. Chile 14. Brazil 15. Spain

Brilliant!!!! :lol:

Must say it really feels like the AI can pull a rabbit out of the hat when needed in FM16. I can honestly say that 95% of all goals I have conceded are either crosses that evade several defenders leaving a tap in for a striker, Slide rule passes from an opposition player on the byline due to my players ganging up on him leaving major spaces in the penalty area, bad pass backs from my players leading to chaos ending up in a goal, free kicks just launched into the area where one player reacts and that's one of their players to volley home whilst everyone else watches and penalties are also a good option for an opposition winner or equalizer. Oops forgot to mention own goals on my part as well!! Oops also forgot a saving slide tackle from my defender that goes straight to the oppositions striker!!!

You can guarantee if I am winning or drawing one of those above will occur almost suggesting the AI needs to score somehow and just thrown in for good measure if time is really ticking away I will have someone sent off (5 red cards and I am only in December, all of them second yellow) and at times will also have a goal disallowed myself for offside (4 last minute goals disallowed for offside).

The game really has it in for you at times.

Watching Bayern playing with the ME in it's current state is like if Bayern and 1860 Munich switched bodies... SMH!!! Like Sussex mentioned in his post above, same procedure as every day. you might have guys with 20 positioning, 20 anticipation etc. doesn't matter at all. Strikers like Müller and Lewandowski missing 100% like chances as if they just started playing professional football. this is the last time i bought this game on release day, i might pick it up again if the patches fix the FLAWS!

and the passing game, don't get me started on that...

this is the last time i bought this game on release day, i might pick it up again if the patches fix the FLAWS!

9 days ago you posted this on this very thread...

i really like the ME as it is right now

Reading this forum for 9 days really does change some people's perception of this game at times.

• SI Staff
These ridiculous rankings will have affect the qualifying groups for international tournaments, so you'll end up with groups of terrible teams and "groups of death" quite often. I would like to move into international management at some point in my save, so yes it would affect me.

I read somewhere on here a few days ago that clubs view players differently if they are regulars for a high-ranking team. The worry is that you'll get top clubs going after regular Maldive internationals because they are perceived as playing regularly for a big country.

This bug has a massive knock-on effect throughout the game world, and I for one will wait until it is fixed before I start a proper save.

Hey Golden Boot,

Just a quick one to alleviate your fears of the top clubs going for Maldivian players.

Whilst form and reputation have an impact, the AI is not going to sign a player that falls well below the required level when it comes to CA. Barcelona won't be signing a Maldivian unless he is very good or is perceived to have the potential to be very good (i.e. very good at a young age).

If they do, please do head over here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/523-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues - and post your save.

Cheers,

Seb.

9 days ago you posted this on this very thread...

Reading this forum for 9 days really does change some people's perception of this game at times.

the more you play the more flaws you will see. i also changed from extended/comp. to full. and then it's a different story. and it's the same with every game, the more time you spend on it, you will discover certain bugs/flaws etc. it's simple!!!

my first impression was "i really like the ME as it is right now", BUT since then a lot of hours went by and some issues became more obvious! it might be my tactics masked certain bugs/flaws or whatever you gonna call it. i mean be honest, is there a big difference in 3D-gameplay between 2015 and 2016...

Generally enjoying this years FM. A year which encourages hunting for many small tweaks and improvements over flashy new features.

My only complaint with the game this year is about the 3D match engine, specifically the following.

Too many blocked shots: I've seen this mentioned by several others too in the feedback. And it's not really about the number of shots blocked itself, but rather the way it happens. The strikers seem to belive that they are able to strike the ball directly through the defenders. Time and time again they simply blast the ball into defenders which are hardly moving. I'm guessing this is due to some balancing thing, keeping the scores from getting too high, but I hope it can be toned down somewhat for the second/third patch.

Shooting from impossible angles: This is probably my biggest disappointment for fm16. As was the case with fm15, way to often strikers tries to score from almost impossible angles. As per tradition, I tend to start a game with Barcelona, just to get a feel of the "best of this years match engine". Seeing Messi blasting the ball into the goal keeper from somewhere along the goal line, while Neymar and Suarez is waiting for a simple pass to score is just sad, not to mention wildly unrealistic. I do understand a player with low team work, vision ect doing this, but MSN? Hardly.

Strikers seems to pass to the keeper: I feel that a bit too often, shots fired from inside the box are way to weak. Sometimes it actually looks like the strikers are giving the ball to the opposition goalkeeper rather than trying to score. Sure, this will happen, if the striker places the shot, but the aim is poor. But I do feel it happens a bit too often. Generally, if a striker hits the ball from a position inside the box, most shots saved will be punched to the sides or over for a corner. by the goalkeeper. Its simply too risky to try to hold a shot from close range. This issue is also present for headers, where the players for some reason tries to head on goal from the edge of the box, instead of to a teammate, resulting in a very simple pick up for the goal keeper.

Too many shots straight on the goal keeper: Again, this will happen for sure, but I feel it's a bit too much. It would be more realistic that more shots missed the target going out for a goal kick. Surely, the only place a striker would never aim at, is straight into the chest of the keeper. I'm guessing this may be related to shortcomings in the match engine, as the goal keepers doesn't really have all the needed animations for realistic one-on-one behavior yet.

Player complaints about playing time need to either be toned down or at least given context. I just had a rotation player complain 1 month into the season when he'd started 2 of the last 3 matches. Even if he was annoyed he hadn't started the first several matches, why would he wait until he had started 2 of 3 to complain? It just makes no sense.

2015-11-26_00002_zpssifdaonu.jpg

And this wasn't like that situation posted earlier where the ball rolls along the crossbar. I have also had 6 other matches this season where I hit the woodwork 3 or more times. It's probably my fault though, I must have ticked the "Aim for the post" PI.

That does seem high. Was this a one-off thing?

Player complaints about playing time need to either be toned down or at least given context. I just had a rotation player complain 1 month into the season when he'd started 2 of the last 3 matches. Even if he was annoyed he hadn't started the first several matches, why would he wait until he had started 2 of 3 to complain? It just makes no sense.

The player will be looking at more than just the last 3 matches. I'm not sure if the number is 5 or 7, but either way if he only started 2 of 5/7, it's not enough. If you are playing him lately, you'll have an easy conversation with him. ;)

I have 2 suggestions in regards to transfer centre UI which if implemented in one of the patches would make it 20 times better in my opinion:

Add an indicator to transfer centre that the offer is non-negotiable. I offer a player for 10m, get 50 offer for 5m. I'd like to negotiate them all, so I select them all and want to choose Respond to all selected offers > Negotiate. But no, one of those 50 teams submitted an non-negotiable offer and because of it I can't bulk negotiate. There is no indicator which team it is and it's very frustrating and time consuming.

Add an option to decline all loan offers with a specific squad status. If I offer a player for loan and want him to be a starter, I don't want to sift through 50 offers for the first team cover.

The player will be looking at more than just the last 3 matches. I'm not sure if the number is 5 or 7, but either way if he only started 2 of 5/7, it's not enough. If you are playing him lately, you'll have an easy conversation with him. ;)

I did trial and error on the beta prior to full release, working out the best answers to give when these situations occur.

If it's a rotation player apologise and tell him he'll be starting more games in the near future, he'll go away happy but make sure you play him.

If it's a back up, tell him it's a long season and it's a squad game, so he'll get his chance to shine soon enough, he should be happy with that.

I did trial and error on the beta prior to full release, working out the best answers to give when these situations occur.

If it's a rotation player apologise and tell him he'll be starting more games in the near future, he'll go away happy but make sure you play him.

If it's a back up, tell him it's a long season and it's a squad game, so he'll get his chance to shine soon enough, he should be happy with that.

Nothing against you but I hate the 'best answer' type thinking. People always seem to want concrete, black and white answers. There's never any context.

In jujigatame's case for instance, he's played 2 of the last 3, so it's quite likely (I'm guessing) that he'll play him quite often from now on. That's an easy conversation to have. "You'll be starting games in the next month", which is the plan anyway.

Treat each player/"person" on a case by case basis. Players have different personalities, so they won't always respond the same. How much they have played, their age, squad status, their competition for the starting spot will most likely be different too.

What I do now, and I do get the odd request for a chat, is to do some homework before entering the chat. In what percentage of games did he start? How many starts did he have recently, say the last 5 games? What's his squad status? Who's ahead of him in the pecking order and how do their abilities compare? What's his personality?

From there, I can determine whether he has a case or whether my starters (and possibly their backups) are good enough for this player not to have a shot. From there, I see what the conversation options are.

If you're going to tell him "It's still a long season, you'll get your chance", does it create a promise? If so, you'll be expected to play him at some point. It's also not 100% guaranteed that the player will accept this. I've actually had a youngster recently who didn't want to wait that long and felt he could make an impact immediately.

Before I even enter a chat, I know whether I can be firm with a player or whether I need him, so I'll have to cave, if necessary. I usually take the straight and honest approach and then either cave or stand my ground depending on his importance to me.

Add an option to decline all loan offers with a specific squad status. If I offer a player for loan and want him to be a starter, I don't want to sift through 50 offers for the first team cover.

When I offer players out on loan and make the squad status "First Team" and non-negotiable then I only get acceptable offers. Do you padlock the squad status when offering out? You'll still get unsolicited offers of any status at other times if you leave them on the loan list.

How is that even a thing?

There is no trial & error as to the best answer. You take each situation on its individual merits, look at whats happened, consider what options you have for an answer and use the one you feel best fits that situation.

Nothing against you but I hate the 'best answer' type thinking. People always seem to want concrete, black and white answers. There's never any context.

In jujigatame's case for instance, he's played 2 of the last 3, so it's quite likely (I'm guessing) that he'll play him quite often from now on. That's an easy conversation to have. "You'll be starting games in the next month", which is the plan anyway.

Treat each player/"person" on a case by case basis. Players have different personalities, so they won't always respond the same. How much they have played, their age, squad status, their competition for the starting spot will most likely be different too.

What I do now, and I do get the odd request for a chat, is to do some homework before entering the chat. In what percentage of games did he start? How many starts did he have recently, say the last 5 games? What's his squad status? Who's ahead of him in the pecking order and how do their abilities compare? What's his personality?

From there, I can determine whether he has a case or whether my starters (and possibly their backups) are good enough for this player not to have a shot. From there, I see what the conversation options are.

If you're going to tell him "It's still a long season, you'll get your chance", does it create a promise? If so, you'll be expected to play him at some point. It's also not 100% guaranteed that the player will accept this. I've actually had a youngster recently who didn't want to wait that long and felt he could make an impact immediately.

Before I even enter a chat, I know whether I can be firm with a player or whether I need him, so I'll have to cave, if necessary. I usually take the straight and honest approach and then either cave or stand my ground depending on his importance to me.

I meant the best answers I have found that worked for me, obviously each case is different as you have players mentality, his willingness to accept was is given and his own desire to achieve, I think what I was getting at was players need a little carrot dangled in front of them and it's all about finding the correct answers that suits each player. There are other options which just brings confrontation and these should be avoided, no point in being pigheaded and telling them it's none of their business so stop moaning. After last years introduction of these confrontations, I decided to play around on the beta to see which works best in various circumstances, I looked at each players mentality/media handling etc before deciding what answer to give, it's more work to do in the game but worthwhile taking the time to get it right.

How is that even a thing?

There is no trial & error as to the best answer. You take each situation on its individual merits, look at whats happened, consider what options you have for an answer and use the one you feel best fits that situation.

Of course there is trial and error, choose the wrong option from the 5-6 you have and instead of keeping the player happy, he goes in the huff and you have an unhappy player.

I meant the best answers I have found that worked for me, obviously each case is different as you have players mentality, his willingness to accept was is given and his own desire to achieve, I think what I was getting at was players need a little carrot dangled in front of them and it's all about finding the correct answers that suits each player. There are other options which just brings confrontation and these should be avoided, no point in being pigheaded and telling them it's none of their business so stop moaning. After last years introduction of these confrontations, I decided to play around on the beta to see which works best in various circumstances, I looked at each players mentality/media handling etc before deciding what answer to give, it's more work to do in the game but worthwhile taking the time to get it right.

Fair enough. :thup:

Again, being pig-headed could make some players back down as well. It depends on their personality and how much of a case they have. In the end, one just has to accept that sometimes you just cannot please everyone. If a player has to have first team football now and I can't/won't give it to him, he can go. Whether that's on loan (if he's young) or permanent, he can go. :D

Fair enough. :thup:

Again, being pig-headed could make some players back down as well. It depends on their personality and how much of a case they have. In the end, one just has to accept that sometimes you just cannot please everyone. If a player has to have first team football now and I can't/won't give it to him, he can go. Whether that's on loan (if he's young) or permanent, he can go. :D

Exactly, I have one young guy who is back up but wanting more games, eventually sent him on loan as he is 6th choice midfielder and wasn't willing to wait, I didn't want to sell as he's still fairly young and has the potential to be a key player, he's happy just to get game time.

Of course there is trial and error, choose the wrong option from the 5-6 you have and instead of keeping the player happy, he goes in the huff and you have an unhappy player.

IRL there is no trial & error.

It shouldn't just be a case of just looking at the question and choosing the same automatic option all the time each situation should be judged individually just as you do IRL.

Anyway it seems like you aren't exactly just choosing the same option with no consideration at all but the point remains for those that do.

Please, please, please SI sort out the ME. It ruins everything about the game and it gets worse ever single year. Won't buy another one until there is a major improvement

Could you give examples of what you don't like about the ME, so the mods etc can discuss it with you. TBH this year's game has only got 12 pages of feedback and compared to other years that's really not bad at all, which makes me think this years game is playing quite well.

I'm liking this years game in general, yea there's still a few wee things that are an annoyance but nothing really game breaking, the ME will never be perfect but to say ruins everything about the game is a tad OTT.

IRL there is no trial & error.

It shouldn't just be a case of just looking at the question and choosing the same automatic option all the time each situation should be judged individually just as you do IRL.

Anyway it seems like you aren't exactly just choosing the same option with no consideration at all but the point remains for those that do.

Exactly, I never said I chose the same answer, I look into each players demands and their own mentality/personality but still when you get to the answers there may be 2-3 of the 6 or so answers which could be right. Tell him he'll get more cup matches, tell him the team are doing well and you don't want to change things, tell him you'll give him a chance but he must prove himself when he gets it etc etc, pick the wrong answer and it can make it worse. That is trial and error.

Okay, the match engine is really just starting to kill the game for me now.

No, it's not normal for full-backs to the best players in a team and routinely get well past double figures in assists over a season. No, it's not normal to score and concede almost all of your goals from crosses. No, it's not normal for some of the best strikers in the world to miss multiple clear-cut chances (point-blank range finishes and unopposed shots from well inside the box) every game, and no, it CERTAINLY isn't normal for no team in the Premier League to have a pass completion higher than 80%, and for numbers below 70% to be common for a team like Liverpool.

Every year now it seems to take months for us to get a match engine at least reasonably faithful to reality. It's very disappointing.

No, it's not normal for full-backs to the best players in a team and routinely get well past double figures in assists over a season.

I play with wingbacks for the most part in one of my saves, so I would expect those players to have the lions share of assists, and indeed my LB has the highest number of assists in the team, but it's only 11. From 45 games so far. That doesn't seem unreasonable. And my RB only has four assists. My two wingers have more than him.

The point is not every save is the same. Because you're experiencing these issues in your game doesn't automatically make it broken.

I guess this has been a roundabout way of saying 'its your tactics' :p

I play with wingbacks for the most part in one of my saves, so I would expect those players to have the lions share of assists, and indeed my LB has the highest number of assists in the team, but it's only 11. From 45 games so far. That doesn't seem unreasonable. And my RB only has four assists. My two wingers have more than him.

The point is not every save is the same. Because you're experiencing these issues in your game doesn't automatically make it broken.

I guess this has been a roundabout way of saying 'its your tactics' :p

How would my tactics explain every team in the Premier League in my save having a pass completion below 80%? How would it explain it being hard work to get above 70% pass completion regardless of tactics and instructions?

Of my current team, the goalkeeper is the only player out of them all that have played 10+ to have less than a 75% pass completion rate. And I've struggled with my team giving the ball away all season, so I'm actually surprised it's as high as that. Other teams in the league? Don't know and don't care to be honest, I only focus on my team. But I don't think it would ever be something I'd get hung up on. I tend to focus on enjoying the game rather than over scrutinise every single stat incase it falls below my own perception of reality.

But hey, each to their own.

How would my tactics explain every team in the Premier League in my save having a pass completion below 80%? How would it explain it being hard work to get above 70% pass completion regardless of tactics and instructions?

Well your tactics are your responsibility and your choices.

You have access to exactly the same options that AI teams do therefore if you can't achieve the completion rates that AI teams do its an indication that you aren't making the choices required to achieve them.

Whether a high pass completion rate should be the aim of a tactic is a completely different discussion.

I've just had a look at the completion rates for players in teams across my save. They mostly seem to be in the high 70s, low 80s (Championship level). I've no idea if that's normal for that level, as it's not something I've ever really thought of before. I'm more concerned with trying to sort out my own team's hopeless away form.

In the individual training screen, there should be an extra column that indicated for which position a player is currently training.

E.g. I have a player who is training for the role of Winger (W) but I don't know if the role training is inserted in which position (could be ML, MR, AML, and AMR).

Just some youth intake feedback - I'm seeing far more MC/AMC than MC/DM players - in fact I've seen very few players with DM as a position at all in over a dozen youth intakes across two saves. I'd expect to see a bit of a balance between the two, with perhaps even a bias towards the defensive minded guys given my HOYDs have had a 4-4-2 preferred formation which tends to want defensive minded players in the middle.

I don't have enough data obviously for this to be a truly scientific study but something you guys might want to keep an eye on in the soak tests, whether DM players dry up as the game goes to regens.

Along the same lines I see a lot of AML or AMR naturals who aren't trained at ML or MR. With a 4-4-2 HOYD that seems wonky to me. Why has the HOYD been training them in a position that he doesn't even use?

Archived