Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Loud Fans/Poor Performance/Overheating on Mac

A few users have suggested there is an issue with some Mac setups running the game. To narrow down this issue, if you are encountering this issue please answer the following within this thread:

How many leagues are you running in what sized database for your effected save?

What resolution is your Mac set to via the System Preferences?

Are you running in Full Screen (if so, what Resolution), Windowed or Maximum Borderless Windowed Mode?

Are you running the game with Retina Mode ticked?

What graphics quality does it recommend your system to run at?

What graphics quality do you set your system to (High, Medium, Low etc)?

If you lower the graphics quality does it make any difference to the fans/performance?

How does 3D run in game - does it lag, skip etc or does it play without any performance issue?

What temperature does your system run at when running matches? (You can use TGPro on a 3 day trial to see, but bear in mind this program is not made by or supported by Sports Interactive) - https://www.tunabellysoftware.com/tgpro/

Can you also please send your System Information to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username? Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524658&viewfull=1#post10524658

Many thanks.

Just an example on how to answer:

Running two leagues with a small db and 10,000 players

More space, looks like 1900x1200

Are you running in Full Screen (if so, what Resolution), Windowed or Maximum Borderless Windowed Mode?

Windowed Mode

High

High

If you lower the graphics quality does it make any difference to the fans/performance?

Only if I lower it to low, it's the same on Medium

How does 3D run in game - does it lag, skip etc or does it play without any performance issue?

For me, when running on High there is slight lag

What temperature does your system run at when running matches? (You can use TGPro on a 3 day trial to see, but bear in mind this program is not made by or supported by Sports Interactive) - https://www.tunabellysoftware.com/tgpro/

GPU runs at about 88C and the CPU runs at 94C

Can you also please send your System report to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username?

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - Neil Brock'

1. 24 leagues/9 countries, large database

2. Looks like 1680x1050

3. Windowed with 95% zoom (but problems prevail in Full Screen 1680x1050 w/ 95% zoom)

4. High recommended, 4.5 stars/5.

5. Low, 60fps, no anti-aliasing, all objects shown.

6. No difference to fans, but 3D is running smoother.

7. Skips frames once in a while.

8. I post screenshots as links, as due to resizing they are huge in the post:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2gshle1.png

http://i63.tinypic.com/2eai9w3.png

GPU runs at 95-100C and CPU at 97-102C

9. (EDIT) Sent with title 'Overheating FM16 - kacperwozniak'.

I play the game in the 2D mode

Running one leagues with a large db and 10,000 players

default, looks like 1440x900

Full screen,2880x1800,zoom 175%

Very high,but i didn't select 3D mode,i play in the 2D mode

High

only if i set the resolution to 1440x900,otherwise the fan noisy when running matches

slight but clearly lag when i click the "continue "

What temperature does your system run at when running matches?

will be updated later

Can you also please send your System report to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username?

yes if I have one

Running 6 leagues with a large DB and 70,000 players

13 inch, 2560x1600

Full screen, 1280x800

Very high

Medium

Unnoticeable change

No lag but machine heats up and fan is scarily loud, louder than older machine on FM15

CPU Core 1: 102 degrees C

CPU Core 2: 105 degrees C

CPU GFX Core: 98 degrees C

CPU PECI: 102 degrees C

CPU Proximity: 79 degrees C

https://imgur.com/odwjqtG

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - wpmk'

Note: CPU results run in "windowed" mode, not full screen in which I usually play, so I can use the TGPro program.

Running 5 leagues with a medium database and 29,000 players

13 inch. Currently using 1280 X 800 zoomed out 95%/full screen as this reduces the amount of times the fans are going crazy but it still happens during 3d matches and the laptop gets very warm. I have tried retina mode and 2560 x 1600 (zoomed 175% full screen) which makes the game look good and removes the horrible pixelated graphics but it lags too much, the 3d match engine is jerky and the fans run constantly and the laptop heats up far too much. even on very low graphics. so much so it is too hot to touch in places. I am to afraid to play using these settings.

Full screen, 1280x800 currently as my macbook does not seem to be able to handle higher resolution.

Very high

low

Unnoticeable change between very high and medium and between low and very low. There is some difference between medium and low however

No lag using Full screen, 1280x800 but machine heats up and fan is scarily loud. In retina mode or using 2560 x 1600 (zoomed 175% full screen) the 3D has a lot of lag and skips and the fans are louder that the value of the game.

GPU 94-102C CPU 98-104C using full screen, 1280x800. CPU 101-106C using retina mode

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - Baggie23'

Running 36 leagues in 14 countries with a large db - think it was around 60-70,000 players

Default, looks like 1280 x 800

Full screen 1280 x 800

High

Low

I set it to low as soon as I ran the game for the first time so not sure on this one

3D runs perfectly smooth

Temperature raised significantly as soon as the 3D replays kicked in. CPU Core 1 - 102; CPU Core 2 - 100; CPU GFX Core - 94; CPU PECI - 101; CPU Proximity - 80. My fan tends to go craziest when the game is processing outside of the matchday though, maybe because I have a lot of leagues loaded. Still, it shouldn't be making this much of an impact on the machine.

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - King Costly'

7 leagues. Large database

1440x900

Maxed Windowed

High

Medium

No. But the game drains battery even when not in match day. On my system, FM is constantly using about 35% of CPU even if I don't do anything

On Medium it lags occasionally, but overall it's fine

What temperature does your system run at when running matches? (You can use TGPro on a 3 day trial to see, but bear in mind this program is not made by or supported by

Sports Interactive) - https://www.tunabellysoftware.com/tgpro/

Just going past Aug 14 2016 (3rd Qual Round of Italian Cup) raised avg temp to 83C degrees. Merely saving the game increased temp up to 85C. When FM is in background, it still warms my battery to 60C

Now, during the match temp goes up to average of 98C

Can you also please send your System Information to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username? Details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...1#post10524658

Sent!

Running 6 leagues with a large DB and 70,000 players

13 inch, 2560x1600

Full screen, 1280x800

Very high

Medium

Unnoticeable change

No lag but machine heats up and fan is scarily loud, louder than older machine on FM15

CPU Core 1: 102 degrees C

CPU GFX Core: 98 degrees C

CPU PECI: 102 degrees C

CPU Proximity: 79 degrees C

https://imgur.com/odwjqtG

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - wpmk'

Note: CPU results run in "windowed" mode, not full screen in which I usually play, so I can use the TGPro program.

Lucas, Neil—I've asked a few times, in my own thread that was archived and by PM, but never really got an answer. Based on these temperature results, is it safe to continue playing FM16 on matchdays without damaging my machine?

All I need is a yes, but if the answer is no then I need answers, or passing onto an SI representative who can give me answers, as to why I can't play FM16, what you're going to do to fix it and when we can expect a fix (bearing in mind FM16 has been officially released).

Cheers

What I don't understand is how come this hasen't been fix already? Don't they test the game on macbook pros?? So disappointed right with SI now!

Running four leagues with a large db and 25,000 players

More space, looks like 1440x900

Full Screen

High

Low

Maybe a little bit less extensive but I'm to scared to find out

No Lag

What temperature does your system run at when running matches? (You can use TGPro on a 3 day trial to see, but bear in mind this program is not made by or supported by Sports Interactive) -

I dont know

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - Neil Brock'

England (6 leagues). Large database

2560x1600

Full Screen, 2560x1600 175% zoom.

High

Low

Not much, maybe slightly?

Quite laggy on high, not too bad on low.

What temperature does your system run at when running matches? (You can use TGPro on a 3 day trial to see, but bear in mind this program is not made by or supported by

Sports Interactive) - https://www.tunabellysoftware.com/tgpro/

Not done this yet.

I tried CPU throttling the FM16 process and also changing FM rendering to "software" but neither of these changes made a huge difference. I have also noticed much greater battery drain with this version of FM.

Running 17 leagues from 5 countrys

2560 x 1600

Full screen 1280 x 800

High

High

No difference

It lagged until i turned the retina off. It now runs fine

CPU core 1: 105oC

CPU core 2: 98oC

CPU GFX core 3: 96oC

CPU PECI: 104oC

CPU Proximity: 75oC

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - AndyGFC'

To clarify to everyone who has posted so far we appreciate you taking the time to raise this. Macs aren't built specifically to run games so do have issues with heat - be aware that your system has measures in place to turn the machine off if it 'overheats' and is in a position to cause damage to your machine - this is at above 110c.

It would be useful if you could try another intensive game on your machine and see if you have similar findings in terms of how hard it works and hot it runs. Many thanks.

Thanks Neil - could I ask - are the demands of FM 16 significantly more than FM 15? As that used to run perfectly without any problems. Cheers

I've got a macbook pro (been playing FM on macs for years), and I don't have this issue.

Yeah that's the thing - it doesn't seem to effecting all Macs, only a handful - we're gathering up info to try and figure out why these specific Macs are having the issue. FM16 is more demanding and has been optimised in such a way that the game runs quicker. It would appear at the moment for some machines this is doing so by pushing the machines hard - which is a good thing in some ways. Obviously you want your machine to run the program/game as well as it is possibly can. However the cost of doing so is that the machine warms up and the fans get louder. We're looking into it as said.

If the Mac shuts down due to heat then there's a problem, but no-one has reported this happening yet as far as I'm aware, so it's always running within the boundaries of the Mac. It's just compared to FM15, the systems are working harder to make the game run quicker so the systems are being pushed more. I'm not a Mac expert but I have found from researching that Macs do tend to run a lot warmer when gaming generally. We are investigating how FM is performing on Macs - if you run on 2D you will note the system isn't pushed as hard - but if the machine isn't shutting down from overheating then there isn't any harm coming to your machine.

Hope that is clear to everyone.

exactly i play in 2D with one league and large database on a brand new mac pro(15inch early 2015),with the spec i7 2.8g,16g.

when i set in the retina mode and zoom 200%(fonts are too small in zoom 100%) ,matching day makes the fan keep working.

to be frank ,i can hardly accept my computer is low in specs,but why running fm2016 made it so hard?

so if SI can't optimized fm for mac ,admit it to mac players ,frankly,we will accept the fact,because of the love to the game,and we will continue play the game in a relatively low resolution,such as 1440x900;and if you guys wouldn't going to admit it ,then fit it,we certainly will love you more!

and if i play fm2016 in a win pc with a same specs as my mac ,i have the utmost confidence the fan will not work so hard and will not make so much noise.

my dearest SI friends,try to imagine in my situation,buy a computer with a not cheap price,and high specs,and play fm with fan working,how does this feels?retina is a key feature on mac ,if SI can't make fm fully support it ,then just tell us,please!!!!!!

if you run on 2D you will note the system isn't pushed as hard .

Yeah that's the thing - it doesn't seem to effecting all Macs, only a handful - we're gathering up info to try and figure out why these specific Macs are having the issue. FM16 is more demanding and has been optimised in such a way that the game runs quicker. It would appear at the moment for some machines this is doing so by pushing the machines hard - which is a good thing in some ways. Obviously you want your machine to run the program/game as well as it is possibly can. However the cost of doing so is that the machine warms up and the fans get louder. We're looking into it as said.

If the Mac shuts down due to heat then there's a problem, but no-one has reported this happening yet as far as I'm aware, so it's always running within the boundaries of the Mac. It's just compared to FM15, the systems are working harder to make the game run quicker so the systems are being pushed more. I'm not a Mac expert but I have found from researching that Macs do tend to run a lot warmer when gaming generally. We are investigating how FM is performing on Macs - if you run on 2D you will note the system isn't pushed as hard - but if the machine isn't shutting down from overheating then there isn't any harm coming to your machine.

Hope that is clear to everyone.

Boy am I glad I got a refund from Steam a day before the official release. The overheating and over processing was an issue in the Beta and part of me hoped it would be fixed for the full release so I kept a close eye on this forum yet this comment by Neil really doesn't instil any confidence at all. It's ridiculous to claim "yeah it's more demanding but it's not really an issue cuz it's not bricking your brand new Macbook Pro... carry on". I was running FM15 on a 7 year old macbook pro and it ran perfectly fine, yeah it got a bit hot and the fan would kick in at times during the 3d playback but it doesn't even compare to the energy and effort my brand new macbook takes to play FM16. Let's be honest here, it's not like you've upgraded the graphics to Fifa 16 levels... it looks fairly the same as fm 15 so I can't imagine it's anything other than bad optimization.

running it on a just england large database on low quality 3D should not be making fans go crazy on a retina 3.1GHz i7 early 2015 macbook pro with 16GB memory, Intel iris Graphics 6100 card with 500GB flash storage. This is not about our MacBooks being unable to cope - theres another reason here surely.

Just England down to League 2 with a large database

2560 x 1600

Full screen retina mode x 200 zoom

it says run at high quality

Low 3D

no

no lag

around 100 degrees C

Having read through the forums, it seems that this issue is happening mainly with the 2015 model of Retina Macbook Pros.

I bought mine last month and am having the same problems with the heat and the fans.

Running 10 leagues in 5 Countries with a Small DB and 30,000 players

13 inch, 1440x900

Full screen, 1440x900

Very high

Low (Anti-Aliasing Off)

Not really

No lag but machine heats up and fan is loud.

CPU Core 1: 101 degrees C

CPU GFX Core: 97 degrees C

CPU PECI: 103 degrees C

CPU Proximity: 77 degrees C

Fans during the 3D match run at about 5300 RPM

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - divij13'

I posted in the beta bugs forum about the game running slowly on my Macbook Air but other than a quick query, I got no other feedback - it's exactly the same still, so I'll repost here. It's only slow in game, and when viewing the game on pitch view. If it's in 2D, and using overview, with 'just commentary', it runs fine. The actual 3D highlights run OK, it's just in-between the highlights that it runs very slowly.

Doesn't matter - I've had a save with one league running or ten, and with different sized databases, but the in game match screen still runs very slowly in-between highlights.

Running windowed on native resolution - 1366x768

Windowed, but it's slow on any mode.

3.5 stars - everything on medium, but I've tried it on several settings. What has happened now is that a lot of the graphic detail has gone - the tactics screen and background on the main menu has disappeared (it's gone all grey).

Currently set to low and 2D, but running matches in commentary only otherwise it just stutters and run too slowly, regardless of graphical quality.

Very marginal, if lowered. As mentioned, it's in-between the highlights it runs slowly.

No.

Haven't done this, but it's a as hot as it gets when running more complex programmes and the fans whirr. It gets a lot hotter than when running FM2015.

Can you also please send your System Information to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username?

Done

3 leagues only

1440x900

Fullscreen

5 Stars

Medium

Yes, with very low it is possible to play.

Over very low it's lagging

Bildschirmfoto2015-11-15um10.43.11.pngBildschirmfoto2015-11-15um10.43.21.png

Can you also please send your System Information to forums@sigames.com and include your forum username?

Done

I've got a macbook pro (been playing FM on macs for years), and I don't have this issue.

With which resolution and graphic settings are you playing? I think all over very low is with a macbook pro not possible.

Out of curiosity, does anyone having these problems have Bootcamp installed on their OS?

Does playing FM 16 on Bootcamp make the gaming experience any better?

I would have tried it but don't have Windows on my mac.

Yeah that's the thing - it doesn't seem to effecting all Macs, only a handful - we're gathering up info to try and figure out why these specific Macs are having the issue.

Again, with which mac and with which graphic settings are you testing? Is it a macbook pro? I think you can't run the game with graphic settings over very low with this mac, better is playing in 2D.

Ive just ran FM15 and using TGpro, I noticed my CPU core 1 went up to 101c. Its not something I ever noticed playing FM15.

Ive just ran FM15 and using TGpro, I noticed my CPU core 1 went up to 101c. Its not something I ever noticed playing FM15.

Did the fans kick in the same?

Having serious issues running FM16 on my 2012 Macbook Pro 15" (1440x900 native resolution, 16gb RAM, Nvidia GF650M 512mb). Fans go bananas as soon as i start a match, and the whole machine runs very hot. On recommended GFX/3D settings the game freezes instantly when i enter the match from the Team Talk dialogue, on lower settings it runs, but skips and lags so much its hard to make out whats happening. It runs on 2D, but the CPU still gets very very hot.

Will include the information from a random save i´m running here, as the problems are the same, regardless of 3D-settins or database size. Please note that i run several other games on this computer with no issues whatsoever.

5 leagues, large DB, around 30k players

Native, 1440x900 (Non retina)

Same issues with all modes

Four out of five stars

Low, Medium, High - all tried.

Its the same in all 3D modes.

Lags on all 3D-modes, freezes when i enter match on anything above medium

CPU: 95-100 celcius

GPU: 80-85 degrees

(Used MiStat since i already had that installed)

Done

I am playing on a late 2013 15' macbook pro and have had the loud fan issues especially when playing a game but I have now disabled the retina mode in the settings in the game and play 2D in windowed mode and the fan noise has basically gone for me, the laptop doesn't get hot either which has to be a good thing!

Okay it would be nice to use the retina mode but until a fix is sorted it will have to do.

On a side note I simply cannot play Cities:Skylines due to the fan noise and heat so its not just this years FM which is an issue.

I'm done with this game until it's fixed. Sick of having to wipe my hard drive clean and re setting my entire 1 month old Mac book pro to actually use it

Answers below. Just to make you aware watching one match my battery has dropped from 31% to 10% and the fans are going crazy. This is on medium graphics.

Running English leagues to League Two with a small db and 7,200 players

Looks like 1440 x 900

Full Screen, 2560 x 1600 zoom in 150%

Unknown, 3 star performance

Medium

Not really.

For me, when running on medium there's still lag. Fans noisy, and image jumps.

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - Neil Brock' - done.

Hi,

I'm so disappointed ! FM2016 is very very slow (UI, matchs... 1 or 2 sec lag between each action) on my brand new Macbook 12"

2015 version was very fast, so i never expects so much difference... specially when the system says computer performance is 5 stars, even 3D engin evaluation.

Note another comment : when i quite the game, i can't launch it again unless i restart my laptop...

Help please !

--------

5 leagues, large DB, around 30k players

but same issue with 3 leagues 13K players

Native : 2560x1600 (retina)

Same issue when windowed and uncheck (use retina)

five stars

Low, Medium, High - all tried, same result

Olny tested comments only mode

I have lower any video option to the minimum and chosen comments only : same result

CPU: not tested but not i don't feel it is hot

GPU: not tested but not i don't feel it is hot

Done

1 League, Custom DB 39k players

2560x1600

Full Screen (2560x1600)

High (5*)

Medium

No

For me, when running on High there is slight lag

GPU runs at about 83C and the CPU runs at 81C during normal simulation, 97C CPU and 92C GPU during matches

Email sent with title of 'Overheating FM16 - cynathor'

2 leagues - small database

2880x1800

full screen 2880x1800

Are you running the game with Retina Mode ticked?

yes

very high

not sure where to find this?

No

runs smoothly

97c 5310 rpm

To clarify to everyone who has posted so far we appreciate you taking the time to raise this. Macs aren't built specifically to run games so do have issues with heat - be aware that your system has measures in place to turn the machine off if it 'overheats' and is in a position to cause damage to your machine - this is at above 110c.

It would be useful if you could try another intensive game on your machine and see if you have similar findings in terms of how hard it works and hot it runs. Many thanks.

"Macs aren't built specifically to run games"

This may be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

"Macs aren't built specifically to run games"

This may be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard.

Actually, it's not. MacBooks specifically are built as productivity machines on the go - have a look at Apple's promotional material and showcase software for Retinas are productivity applications and not intensive games. When it comes to running a game thats graphically and processing intense there will be compromises, that's true with any laptop - Mac or otherwise. Issues are compounded by a laptop's high definition, resolution display such as Apple's "Retina" or equivalents on other OSes. It requires a lot of horsepower, and it is to be expected that the fans will kick in at certain graphics levels and settings you have set.

The suggestions we can give at the moment are:

- Turn Retina mode 'on' if you have a Retina machine,

- Use the lowest window size possible

- Turn down your 3D graphics rating to Very Low if necessary

Bear in mind as your system gets older (ie., the older Retina machines), it will be working harder to render and perform on the system with games that have become graphically more demanding. As with any machine, over time there will be a performance hit as you play newer titles and thats something to bear in mind. Rest assured the machines are not blowing up or causing damage, there are safeties built into the machines to power down when overheating.

If the machine actually is overheating and shuts itself off, then environmental factors could also be a factor in that also.

With regards to this thread we are still very much looking into the issue and feedback you have raised. Please try what I have suggested. There is only 'silence' because there is no news to report to you at this time. We are investigating and any fix would be rolled out in a future update.

Thanks.

Then you should say to your customers, that the game isn't playable on a 2015 MacBook Pro in 3D. And please remove the 5 stars rating in the graphic interface. Set it to 1 or zero stars.

I can't understand why FM15 runs smoothly in high graphics quality on the same machine and FM16 hasn't the ability to play in 3D. The graphic isn't so much improved

from FM15 to FM16.

Actually, it's not. MacBooks specifically are built as productivity machines on the go - have a look at Apple's promotional material and showcase software for Retinas are productivity applications and not intensive games. When it comes to running a game thats graphically and processing intense there will be compromises, that's true with any laptop - Mac or otherwise. Issues are compounded by a laptop's high definition, resolution display such as Apple's "Retina" or equivalents on other OSes. It requires a lot of horsepower, and it is to be expected that the fans will kick in at certain graphics levels and settings you have set.

The suggestions we can give at the moment are:

- Turn Retina mode 'on' if you have a Retina machine,

- Use the lowest window size possible

- Turn down your 3D graphics rating to Very Low if necessary

Bear in mind as your system gets older (ie., the older Retina machines), it will be working harder to render and perform on the system with games that have become graphically more demanding. As with any machine, over time there will be a performance hit as you play newer titles and thats something to bear in mind. Rest assured the machines are not blowing up or causing damage, there are safeties built into the machines to power down when overheating.

If the machine actually is overheating and shuts itself off, then environmental factors could also be a factor in that also.

With regards to this thread we are still very much looking into the issue and feedback you have raised. Please try what I have suggested. There is only 'silence' because there is no news to report to you at this time. We are investigating and any fix would be rolled out in a future update.

Thanks.

Im playing on a Model Name: MacBook Pro

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Memory: 16 GB

please don't give me this excuse. Its a far better computer than most of the PCs that are running this with no problems. This is not an excuse. You have a mac specific problem that needs fixed, not ignored.

If there's no news to report at least tell people that. You could have let us know you're looking in to things before it got to this rather than try and blame the issue on high spec machines.

An open letter to SI from a once loyal fan…

I have a 2015 15” Macbook and I am unfortunately experiencing exactly the same problems as the others on this forum. I’ve been monitoring this thread hoping for and answer and ultimate fix to the issue, but am losing hope fast as well as faith in the Football Manager series and the SI team.

Firstly i’d like to say that i’m very disappointed by the response from SI to this obvious problem. There seems to be a distance yourself from the problem rather than fix it policy.

You can’t advertise a game as available on mac then back track in this thread with comments such as…

Macs aren't built specifically to run games

Turn down your 3D graphics rating to Very Low

You will find that the majority of FM players are not your average gammers who spend their life on graphic heavy games like COD. The only game I have played in the last few years is FM for the reason I love being the manager and building my team. That is the whole point of the game and although I like the 3d match engine I was happy with the one FM15, not that I can see a huge amount of different in this one.

I’ve been a mac user for 10 years now and wouldn’t touch a windows machine with a bargepole. My mac runs photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects on a daily basis with ease yet it comes to the FM16 match engine and it feels like my macs going to take off.

If you are advertising that the games for mac it should have been fully tested and made to work on mac before being released. It is not acceptable to sell a game to someone for £30 then say “oh you have a mac, you’ll have to drop the graphics down to low, use the 2d match engine” or some other work around which means your not getting the full game that other users are.

Can you honestly tell me that this problem will be fixed or is it a case of getting a refund and never playing a game that I have brought, played, loved and championed from the beginning again?

There are a lot of unhappy mac using FM fans that have supported SI for many years, so how about SI support us and sort this problem out.

Lucas, I don't agree with you statement at all and I'm very disappointed with SI. Been playing since cm3 and always bought every version and promoted the game but the you guys handle this makes me want to just forget all the love I have for you guys and maxim tsigalko. If the game dosen't work properly on some MacBooks I would have loved to hear that before I bought the game! This issue was reported during the beta version! By your answer it seems that it's not a priority of SI to fix this and you guys are blaming it on your customers computers. All I want to hear from you guys are apologizes, progress reports and if this is going to be fixed anytime soon.

I have a 2015 15” Macbook and I am unfortunately experiencing exactly the same problems as the others on this forum. I’ve been monitoring this thread hoping for and answer and ultimate fix to the issue, but am losing hope fast as well as faith in the Football Manager series and the SI team.

Firstly i’d like to say that i’m very disappointed by the response from SI to this obvious problem. There seems to be a distance yourself from the problem rather than fix it policy.

You can’t advertise a game as available on mac then back track in this thread with comments such as…

You will find that the majority of FM players are not your average gammers who spend their life on graphic heavy games like COD. The only game I have played in the last few years is FM for the reason I love being the manager and building my team. That is the whole point of the game and although I like the 3d match engine I was happy with the one FM15, not that I can see a huge amount of different in this one.

I’ve been a mac user for 10 years now and wouldn’t touch a windows machine with a bargepole. My mac runs photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects on a daily basis with ease yet it comes to the FM16 match engine and it feels like my macs going to take off.

If you are advertising that the games for mac it should have been fully tested and made to work on mac before being released. It is not acceptable to sell a game to someone for £30 then say “oh you have a mac, you’ll have to drop the graphics down to low, use the 2d match engine” or some other work around which means your not getting the full game that other users are.

Can you honestly tell me that this problem will be fixed or is it a case of getting a refund and never playing a game that I have brought, played, loved and championed from the beginning again?

There are a lot of unhappy mac using FM fans that have supported SI for many years, so how about SI support us and sort this problem out.

Can't agree more!

I'm new to Mac though (Macbook pro 2015) - have played FM since -95 on PC.

I'm NOT the one who normally criticize, for me SI is the best out there, no one does games better. I just want to play the best game ever created, on my Mac. Haven't even started a serious save yet and it's 1 week since release. That feels weird but the game is nearly unplayable right now.

* Overheating

* Start a match with 100% battery, 5 minutes later you have 75-80%.

Prays for a fix!

Can't agree more!

I'm new to Mac though (Macbook pro 2015) - have played FM since -95 on PC.

I'm NOT the one who normally criticize, for me SI is the best out there, no one does games better. I just want to play the best game ever created, on my Mac. Haven't even started a serious save yet and it's 1 week since release. That feels weird but the game is nearly unplayable right now.

* Overheating

* Start a match with 100% battery, 5 minutes later you have 75-80%.

Prays for a fix!

Agree with both posts here.

Been a loyal fan for over a decade now and on this first year with a Mac it's been a nightmare. Virtually unplayable. My machine meets the system requirements yet still gets extremely hot when I play even on the lowest settings. So disappointed.

Then you should say to your customers, that the game isn't playable on a 2015 MacBook Pro in 3D. And please remove the 5 stars rating in the graphic interface. Set it to 1 or zero stars.

I can't understand why FM15 runs smoothly in high graphics quality on the same machine and FM16 hasn't the ability to play in 3D. The graphic isn't so much improved

from FM15 to FM16.

It is playable - we've offered suggestions, all we can ask is that you try them. Fill out the feedback that's been asked in the OP and we will investigate. And yes, many improvements have been made from FM15 to FM16.

Im playing on a Model Name: MacBook Pro

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Memory: 16 GB

please don't give me this excuse. Its a far better computer than most of the PCs that are running this with no problems. This is not an excuse. You have a mac specific problem that needs fixed, not ignored.

Thanks for sending us your feedback. I'm not giving excuses, I'm trying to help you with suggestions to reduce the issues you are having, so this issue isn't being ignored, far from it. What I will say though, one thing I've tried to explain why it's more taxing on your systems is the display. Most PCs do not have a Retina display, which requires considerable resources.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. We're asking that users fill out the feedback so we can investigate. It would be very much appreciated if you could do the same.

As stated above, games will increase in demands year on year, and there have been improvements and increase from FM15 to FM16. Comparisons with productivity applications to a game like Football Manager are not comparable. FM is both graphically and processing intensive. Design applications are completely different.

As stated, the issue is being fully looked into and investigated. Quite frankly, the reception is becoming overtly hostile after offering suggestions to help you out, which is not constructive and unfair. I understand the frustrations at having an issue, but please don't ignore our feedback and help given to you which should help improve things for you.

We provide many settings and preferences so that users can change them and find the settings they are most comfortable with using on their system for performance and their own preferences to play the game. That's what they are there are for. We are offering suggestions how best to make use of them to find something more acceptable for yourself to get the most out of your experience. At this time, I don't have any news re: this issue but would ask that you bear with us and provide the information we are asking for in the OP so we can continue to investigate.

From here I will have to ask that any general feedback not asked in the OP request is kept in the Feedback Thread of the General Discussion Forums.

Thanks.

It is playable - we've offered suggestions, all we can ask is that you try them. Fill out the feedback that's been asked in the OP and we will investigate. And yes, many improvements have been made from FM15 to FM16.

Thanks for sending us your feedback. I'm not giving excuses, I'm trying to help you with suggestions to reduce the issues you are having, so this issue isn't being ignored, far from it. What I will say though, one thing I've tried to explain why it's more taxing on your systems is the display. Most PCs do not have a Retina display, which requires considerable resources.

I'm sorry that you are disappointed. We're asking that users fill out the feedback so we can investigate. It would be very much appreciated if you could do the same.

As stated above, games will increase in demands year on year, and there have been improvements and increase from FM15 to FM16. Comparisons with productivity applications to a game like Football Manager are not comparable. FM is both graphically and processing intensive. Design applications are completely different.

As stated, the issue is being fully looked into and investigated. Quite frankly, the reception is becoming overtly hostile after offering suggestions to help you out, which is not constructive and unfair. I understand the frustrations at having an issue, but please don't ignore our feedback and help given to you which should help improve things for you.

We provide many settings and preferences so that users can change them and find the settings they are most comfortable with using on their system for performance and their own preferences to play the game. That's what they are there are for. We are offering suggestions how best to make use of them to find something more acceptable for yourself to get the most out of your experience. At this time, I don't have any news re: this issue but would ask that you bear with us and provide the information we are asking for in the OP so we can continue to investigate.

From here I will have to ask that any general feedback not asked in the OP request is kept in the Feedback Thread of the General Discussion Forums.

Thanks.

Wow thats going to help the situation isnt it?! Quite frankly I'm lost for words with your contempt for loyal paying customers who simply just wants answers to reasonable questions.