Sports Interactive Community
Cleon

So Bleacher Report did a FM piece about me........

I was put forward for this by the SI last week and it turned out Bleacher liked what I had to say so ran a piece about me and my FM'ing. You can read it here;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2587974-meet-cleon-hobson-maybe-the-best-football-manager-player-in-the-world?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-2357

Damn Cleon your a big un, going to have to watch how I talk to you from now on!

When I read the boxing part I thought you were maybe a relation to Butterbean. :D

In truth though a very good read, thanks for sharing!

Pfft...advertising on this forum :p

Good job Cleon, always good to hear the background and put a face to the name who has given so much help to FM users that want it over the years.

Very proud Cleon, you helped me a lot during these years! I have a similar story regarding FM helping me in life and you're one of the many FM highlights in my resurrection.

Good stuff...

Surely the next step is developing a boxing management game with depth like FM no?

Excellent article and well deserved praise. Always helpful and like many thought Cleon might have been a woman, clever man :)

Awesome. Great article nad some nice insight. Great to see someone who has helped so many of us FMers get some wider kudos.

Grats Cleon, interesting read. Always look forward to your threads, nice to know a little more about you.

Great article, I enjoyed that read. I also read the linked article about how Football Manager saved your life. A sad story that, with a happy ending. I have had close family members battling clinical depression; I know how bad it can be. My brother's best friend also killed himself through depression, that began with the ending of his relationship after his partner left him. A very similar story to yours except, unfortunately, he killed himself. I'm glad that you came through your ordeal. So many people still don't understand this terrible illness.

You mean you're not a woman?! :brock:

Haha, I was just thinking 'That kills off that running gag' :D

fwiw, I'm the guy who played for 30 seasons (on fm11) and couldn't win the Champions League until 2042. Which was literally a few weeks ago :D

fwiw, I'm the guy who played for 30 seasons (on fm11) and couldn't win the Champions League until 2042. Which was literally a few weeks ago :D

Yeah everyone knows, it's an ongoing joke we have behind your back... ;)

You might look like Matt Lucas' better/uglier looking brother but you're still a legend :D

You've made the game far more enjoyable for me mate so thanks so much for that.

Nice read and good to find out a little info behind the person who's posts Ive probably read the most on the tactical side.

When you became a Mod in 2003 i didn't even know what FM was and i was in year 11 last year of high school!

It was on the SI facebook feed as well, congrats. Have to say I thought picking Santos as your team this year was a bit of a strange one, Huge club, Huge amount of players with potential. Always preferred the challenge of getting Fortaleza to the top myself.

I was put forward for this by the SI last week and it turned out Bleacher liked what I had to say so ran a piece about me and my FM'ing. You can read it here;

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2587974-meet-cleon-hobson-maybe-the-best-football-manager-player-in-the-world?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-2357

You deserve it. Good article. Congratulation.

Looking forward to anything you write/publish for FM16

I've enjoyed reading this article today. Thanks for your huge contribution to the FM scene :applause:

Great read. FM isn't just a game after all. I'm sure many real life football managers play it in one way or another... :cool:

Awesome article! Cool that you were invited to visit Ajax, must have been awesome.

Thanks for all the help throughout the years!

"While many see FM as just a game it can also unite people. It's surprising how far FM can really take you at times and how it can impact real life."

I think that was the line of the article!

From playing the old CM's as a kid (well, trying to) Its lead me down the route of wanting to coach football as a career and gave me something to work towards!

FM can and has changed lives, Great article...Big props to you, well done!

On 12/11/2015 at 10:37, Neil Brock said:

You mean you're not a woman?! :brock:

:lol:

Boxing eh? No wonder the interest in training!

An interesting read. Shame the last picture had to be an Arsenal one ;)

8 hours ago, lam said:

:lol:

Boxing eh? No wonder the interest in training!

An interesting read. Shame the last picture had to be an Arsenal one ;)

2.5 years later...

Necro level: 8.5

:D