FM16 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

Coventry%20City%20Profile_zpsptoeszgg.png

A long overdue proper update from me. So why Coventry? Well, they were the team I was managing in FM13 when the original creator of the Football League thread set up this concept. I took them on a great journey and set them up as a club that could survive in the Premier League. I haven't managed them since, but they are a club who have a bit of history, a decent fan base, and having returned home from exile (in Northampton) they currently have a stadium big enough to support progress. They don't have the wealth of Sheffield United, but have some good young talent produced by their own youth system and this gives an exciting opportunity to bring a fresh young squad back up the ladder. The graph above shows their decline from being an established top flight side, and it's a chance for the new manager to honour the late Jimmy Hill. Welcome (back) to the Ricoh Arena, Jimmy Hill Jr...

Jimmy%20Hill%20Jr_zpsyer61nwd.png

Below are the results of the first season, and final league table. We sat in mid-table for much of the campaign, looking good but not quite putting a real run together. Being overly critical, the home record of 11 wins, 11 draws and a solitary loss was solid, but a little bit frustrating as we often threw points way near the end of games that should have been won. The loss to Oldham was a bit of a let down, as I felt we had done enough in the first leg to see the job through. However, as you can see three minutes from the end of Extra Time they broke away from a corner at the other end, and fired in a long-range scorcher to stun me and our fans.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zps0ihzw8o0.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2_zps26udbcsl.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-3_zps3ixri0yt.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox_zpsaqjsrvd5.png

Sky%20Bet%20League%201_%20Overview%20Stages_zpshb2sfxfo.png

Here are the squad stats for those ending the season with the club. Not included are the loan players that returned in the winter to their parent clubs (Bryn Morris, terminated early as never needed) and Ryan Kent (did OK but we had plenty of permanent options for the flanks) plus the players sold that never featured.

I've also put the injury details in, just for something a little different. Both James Maddison and Jordan Wills started injured, but made a good contribution when they forced their way in to the team. Maddison was a particular highlight, with an amazing average rating for somebody who didn't score much (or even assist that many). His availability also allowed me to make subtle changes to my 433 (wide) formation, with him being deployed in the middle as the central figure in my flat three-man midfield. I gave him 'attack duties' with licence to impact games from a deeper position and he excelled. He won 50% of the fans votes for Player of the Season, but the other two stars were loan players at the club when I started out.

Adam Armstrong was set as a lone striker (DLF, attack) with 26 of his 27 goals being in the league - a phenomenal record for a teenager - and looked a class above League 1. The other notable mention goes to Jacob Murphy (used as an inside forward, attack) where his ability to move in to central (dangerous) positions paid real dividends. I balanced his role on the left by using a winger on the right with support duties, and although that place was rotated, the combined performances of those that played there were quite decent too.

Squad_%20Players%20Players_zps4xx4fb8j.png

Squad_%20Players%20Players-2_zpshusota8n.png

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-2_zpsqwvfbhfw.png

You will see a couple of names in there that would not be showing in the original squad list. I signed both Andrew Keogh and Sanchez Watt on pre-contract agreements from their clubs in India early on, and both arrived at the start of January. Gael Bigirimana was a former favourite that I recruited on loan early on, and he was a useful player to supplement my central midfield options. I also took Jimmy Spencer on loan for three months, just as a bench option as he wasn't as good as Armstrong. He did start a few games when injury left me without my main goal threat, and was definitely a bit better than any of the other alternatives I would have found from within. Icelandic goalkeeper Haraldur Bjornsson was an absolute star for me at Mansfield, and I signed him to provide more competition for my two young custodians. As you can see, he never got to play (which was not a negative against him in any way), but it was good to have reliable cover. Finally, young striker Dominic Samuel was not that impressive and didn't really offer too much despite his great spell at the club in real life last year. I knew when I signed him that he could never displace Armstrong, but I had hoped for a bit more of an impression from the bench against tired defenders.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpselhh4qwy.png

Here is the season review. Despite the disappointment of the loss in Extra Time of the Play-Off semi final, you can see from the graph that we only made the top six on the final week of the season, ironically with an away win at Oldham in the final league game. It was certainly better than the top half finish that the board had demanded, and I always knew season 2 was going to be a more realistic target for promotion. Overall, I was very satisfied with the first year - mainly because I knew this young team could become a much better outfit in the future.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox%202_zpsijhsudps.png

Despite the success of the first season, the board didn't feel we should have a very good budget for season 2, which was a bit disappointing. But I knew we could strengthen the squad without paying much in transfer fees, so I was comfortable with this anyway.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-3_zpspdgwgbxe.png

My aims for the second term? To reduce the number of loan players, to continue giving our youthful talents real opportunities to flourish, to move on most of the older players, and to have a serious crack at automatic promotion. Takeover stories have started to emerge, but nothing has yet happened so we will see what the future holds...

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jogo - Love the update mate. Unlucky on not getting that second leg result against Oldham. Some cracking results in there mind, with Armstrong sounding like he could go on and be a top player if used right in this year's FM.

I am gutted as Liverpool fan that Kent didn't excel though ;)

Any "bigger" clubs registering an interest in Maddison?

Be interesting to see if any takeover materializes... :thup:

Thanks mate, it got much more enjoyable from the winter when the squad became more my own. Season 2 is underway and I'm very enthused by it now. I'll do those updates later with any luck...

No bids for Maddison yet, but I turned down big bids for Reda Johnson and Ryan Haynes in the summer (about £700k for each) and John Fleck once the season started (about £800k). Armstrong is doing even better in season 2, has been a joy to manage him.

Kent did ok, but his loan expired in January and I had Watt coming in. In total Kent made 21 appearances in all competitions (12 starts), scoring three and assisting three with an average rating 6.95.

Thanks Gizmo. Yes, good to 'lose' Sheffield United, now you mention it we also lost 3-0 at Sheffield Wednesday in the early cup match so clearly we are not good in the steel city. Swindon were surprisingly good, that wouldn't have been my prediction!

Huddersfield, Rotherham and MK Dons came down (Huddersfield look strong). Carlisle, Plymouth, Oxford and Notts County came up from League 2. Relegated from League 1 were Blackpool, Bury, Colchester and Port Vale.

Nice to see someone with a Coventry save. I've been playing a while and am just going into my 5th Season with them.

Season 1: 1st in L1.

Didn't make too many changes, brought in Kosnic on a free plus Milinkovic-Savic and Iheanacho on loan with all 3 of them still with me going into Season 5.

Season 2: 21st in the Championship.

Struggled mightily here, only managing to stay up on the last game of the season. Used all my funds on signing Giandonato + Vass and Parr on a free. A few more loans but no one special.

Season 3: 3rd in the Championship, Lost 1-0agg to Burnley in the Play-off Semi-Final.

Got given a decent budget this season and bought in a few quality players. RB Patric from Lazio for £2m and RW Robert from Valencia for £1.2m being the two stand-outs. They finished with a 7.90 and 7.58 match rating respectively, Robert ended up with 15Goals + 11Assists.

Season 4: 1st in the Championship.

Only just managed to pip Reading to the title, winning it by 3 points in the end. Didn't have any budget at first but clubs came in for most of my top performers and activated there release clauses so I ended up bringing in £22m from sales. Brought in a lot of young players with this and overall the squad improved from it.

34pakqq.png

Here's the squad about to go into the 5th season. Only 5 of the original team remain and with 3 of them due to leave on frees, only Maddison + Fleck will be left.

11iimig.png

They've given me £20m to spend this season and I'd imagine I'll need to make major changes, particularly to the defense, to stand any chance of staying up this season.

Coventry City - Season 2 update (part 1)

Season 2 transfers

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History%202_zpsjhl9dsq3.png

Season 2 staff

Staff_%20Overview%20All_zpsq0xmru6c.png

Season 2 results and current league table

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2%202_zpsph3olajl.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures%202_zps7dmapurk.png

Sky%20Bet%20League%201_%20Overview%20Stages%202_zpss4g0tpe8.png

Tactics and formation

Tactics_%20%20Overview_zpsk5lvn8yi.png

Player profile - Adam Armstrong

Adam%20Armstrong_%20History%20Career%20Stats_zpsmpkxbq6r.png

So far, so good as I push Coventry towards promotion. Pre-season results were solid and consistent and the league campaign has gone pretty well so far. Relegated Huddersfield look a strong outfit, but are probably the only team we should fear this season. The point at their ground in our last outing was therefore a good result, although it could have been better if we hadn't conceded a late equaliser.

Right-back Neal Eardley has been the only new player to be a regular starter so far, but that was always the plan. Central defender Curtis Nelson is a great signing for the club (my number one target for that position), and has played quite a few times when Reda Johnson needs a rest or is away on international duty. George Saville, Caolan Lavery and Joe Lolley are all very good options to have on the bench, whilst Andrew Tutte and Cameron Carter-Vickers were only signed to add some depth and cover to the squad.

Tutte was a cheap option who I thought wouldn't complain at being a fringe member of the squad - something I pursued only after failing to land the two men I had been chasing all through the summer. Jamie Allen (Rochdale) and Romain Sawyers (Walsall) were the men concerned, as both were going to be available on free transfers before they extended their deals with their existing clubs and got priced out of my reach. These decisions were a real blow to my ambitions, but I will continue to monitor them.

You'll see that most of my goals have come from the same source - Adam Armstrong. I was delighted that I could renew his loan (and that of Jacob Murphy) for another year, and he has improved on the form that saw him hit 27 goals last season. Lavery, however, doesn't seem to see what everyone else sees. I thought he would be happy as a rotation/bench option, but he complained early on about a lack of starts. I told him that Armstrong was in the form of his life (he had eight in seven games at that point) and Lavery told me that Adam hadn't been playing very well and didn't deserve to start ahead of him! Yes, right Caolan, I can see we are not going to see eye-to-eye here. So far for me at Coventry, Armstrong has grabbed 43 goals in 57 league games, an incredible return for a teenager.

I've loaded up an image of our formation, tactic and instructions. This has remained the same as last year. I've also put a shot of the club staff up, as this area has been vastly improved from when I took over.

Nice update Jogo, looks like things are going well for you at Coventry.

Curtis Nelson is a player that I've had my eye on for a while too, so for you to get him at just £8k looks an absolute steal.

I've been playing a similar formation with Morecambe to yours too, although I keep chopping and changing as it seems the AI keep working me out...

Cheers mate. Yes, I've always wanted to manage Nelson but having never taken control at Plymouth it hadn't happened. He was exactly the right type of player for me - young, with scope to improve, and affordable. The £8k fee was because he wasn't going to sign a new contract there, but I didn't want to pay the £130k compensation fee! It's definitely an enjoyable save, at least from January 16 onwards.

Really love this thread. It's interesting.

About to go into my second season with Fulham. Brought in some players, no one who stands out though (just more of backup). I'm struggling with my GK search, no one stands out and it's disappointing since its my worse area on the pitch.

Despite all of that, I'm thinking about trying a team from league 1 or 2. No money and etc for a real challenge. Anyone any recommendations? I like the look of Blackpool but I ain't entirely sure.

Edit: Just started with Bristol Rovers, looks like a real challenge. Very limited on youth and the squad itself is very limited. No credit for transfers. So a couple of low wage free agents is being looked at.

Really love this thread. It's interesting.

About to go into my second season with Fulham. Brought in some players, no one who stands out though (just more of backup). I'm struggling with my GK search, no one stands out and it's disappointing since its my worse area on the pitch.

Despite all of that, I'm thinking about trying a team from league 1 or 2. No money and etc for a real challenge. Anyone any recommendations? I like the look of Blackpool but I ain't entirely sure.

Edit: Just started with Bristol Rovers, looks like a real challenge. Very limited on youth and the squad itself is very limited. No credit for transfers. So a couple of low wage free agents is being looked at.

It's nice to hear you like the thread - and good luck at Bristol Rovers!

I like the forward pair of Harrison and Taylor. I'm not sure who is on the staff now, but Rovers used to have some good people there with previous playing connections. Several more of their better players from the past are also unattached staff, you could try and get some of them back. To be honest, a challenge like this is much more satisfying - and I really don't think you will go down when you get going.

I like the forward pair of Harrison and Taylor. I'm not sure who is on the staff now, but Rovers used to have some good people there with previous playing connections. Several more of their better players from the past are also unattached staff, you could try and get some of them back. To be honest, a challenge like this is much more satisfying - and I really don't think you will go down when you get going.

Yeah. It's more of a challenge for sure. It's great, just means I'd start to focus more on the analysis side due to my staff being very poor technically. However I've got to keep them due to limited funds.

To end it for the night. I'll give a quick brief on tonight's antics. Brought in several poor scouts (affordable ones) and a physio for my backroom staff.

4 games played tonight.

D 0-0 (H) Northampton.

L 0-1 (A) QPR capital cup.

D 1-1 (A) Yeovil.

W 7-2 (A) Luton.

Transfers.

In:

Jonathan Mitchell (Loan)

Cole Stockton (loan)

DJ Campbell (free)

Adam Boyesf (9k)

Joe kerridge (free)

Amos Nash (14k)

Out: N/A

Sitting 9th in league with 5 points.

Brought Jake Gosling as A sub against Luton, played 20 minutes. Picked up a rating of 8.50 and 2 goals. His stats aren't even that good so I'm suprised but may be a shiner for me I hope.

Going to have to hope to limp over the line in the end I think.

Here's the current league table - looks nice, right? Well, I have 5 of my first-team injured, and I'm struggling to put in any half decent performances of late, couple that with the fact that Carlise, Crewe and Accrington are all looking ruthless, I think it's going to be a very unpleasant last 15 games... :(

I ended up having a massive turnover of players again in the summer, with 12 first team players leaving (including finished loans) and 12 coming in, again including loans. The money from Garufi's sale has really helped on many fronts. Wage budget is now 95k per week, currently spending 85k, compared to 68k budget with 50k spent at the end of last season. Tom Lawrence from Leicester for 300k also became the club's record signing, signed him as Garufi's replacement. Improvements to training facilities are scheduled as well, should be completed early next season. Bank balance is now at 4,6 million. I'm not sure how long it will last with this spending but I'm looking at really pushing for promotion next season after using this season to make my squad really gel and click. Last season I probably had on average 3 loaned players in my starting line-up, now I only have 3 at the club and none of them are starters. Average age is only 24 as well, with only 4 players over 30, one of them the backup GK who never plays. For the next season I'll hopefully be looking at 4-5 departures and arrivals at most. Currently I'm liking the look of our squad but we've signed plenty of foreigners (again) so only time will tell how they will adapt and perform. Getting promoted would obviously change things because I don't think this squad is really up for the championship, but I don't imagine we'll get there this season.

In terms of tactics I've now abandoned the 442. A lot of times last season I felt that the opposition had too easy a time overrunning us down the middle, as evidenced by 77 goals conceded in the league - 3rd worst even though we finished 11th. Granted, our CB's aren't exactly top notch but all the more reason to solidify us at the back by adding more bodies. I'm using 4231, 4123 and 532, mentalities are control, counter and defensive but I change these around on a game-by-game basis. Ten games into the new season and we're currently 5th on goal difference, one point off the top, so looking good so far. In the first few games I saw a lot of our main problems from last season, not clinical enough in attack and too many mistakes at the back, but it's been improving lately. Board expectation is to avoid relegation, so I'm under no real pressure. I'm expecting a mid-table finish myself and, if we can turn good performances into good results (much) more consistently than last season, maybe even a playoff spot.

Good luck Gizmo, I'm sure you'll get over the line! SirManager, we look forward to seeing your updates whether there are images or not. Finally kozmik, that was a tremendous amount of money you received. It seems like you have very clear plans of what you want and how to achieve it, good luck with that.

Finally kozmik, that was a tremendous amount of money you received. It seems like you have very clear plans of what you want and how to achieve it, good luck with that.

Yeah, it was a punt on an unscouted foreigner that really paid off. He had a 2,5 mill higher division release clause and I expected that someone might want to pay that much, never in a million years would I have thought I'd get that much. Gutted though I was when he left, it seems that I'm not at all worse off with Lawrence as he's been my best player so far with an average rating of 7,62 after 21 games.

My tactical "vision" is similar to what I've been using with high profile clubs, such as Manchester United, before. The main aim is to pick the formation for every game so that I always have an extra man in defense (DC-DM strata), preferably at center back. I came up with this system originally after having been run over time and time again by weaker teams using narrow formations in FM14. Norwich (4231 narrow) and Fulham (narrow diamond) away still give me nightmares. :lol: Playing with, say, a 4123 against a narrow diamond you always have two center backs against two strikers, one dm against one amc and so on. This means that situations where your defensive player needs to close an opposition player down always leaves a gap that can be exploited. Having the extra man at the back greatly reduces the amount of these situations. This system isn't as effective in this year's FM, with more goals coming from crosses than through balls, but it does help. Of course the problem is that when you have an extra man in defense it means that the opposition has as well. When you have world class attacking players that can create something out of nothing it isn't as much of a problem, but with league one players it's more difficult.

I'm winning and drawing a decent amount of games that I deserve to lose, but I'm drawing and losing too many games that I deserve to win. Defensive mistakes don't happen as often but we definitely lack a killer instinct in attack. Still, we're now fifth on goal difference after 21 games, three points off the top, so anything can still happen.

Updated for those who would like to follow my update on my Bristol Rovers save. I'll be keeping it updated as I go throughout save.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/450196-Experimenting-with-Gas

Despite that it's been really enjoyable but busy save. I ain't playing as much matches as I am used to in a certain amount of time. Tactical and staff is much more time consuming. Currently sitting 5 with 8 points, 4 games played and still unbeaten in the league (I'm shocked lol)

So 8 games into the second season with Accrington. Not going as bad as I initially thought! currently sitting in 5th place with 5 wins from 8, 1 draw and 2 defeats.

here are my transfers going into the season:

a45rgp.jpg

Here is the tactics

313qfdw.png[/img]

Midfield is pretty solid, Defense is coping quite well with the step up. Forwards are doing ok but we need to convert the chances created!!

Any feedback on the tactics would be much appreciated

Really got bored of all my current saves recently so I decided to give Fulham a try as I enjoyed them last year. I'm finding it way more enjoyable with Fulham. More challenging. However just over 30 games played. I've yet to be beaten in the league with 17 draws and 13 wins. Knocked out of both cups and sitting 2nd in the league.

We seem to concede every match so my defence is possibly my worse aspect of the team.

Managed to grab Jesse Lingaard from Manchester United (which he is performing well over the 2.5 I paid for him) along with manamma who is currently on loan for the rest of the season. Managed to grab Spurs kid Odunwa for the new season after he finishes his loan spell at Rangers.

That's just a brief insight of what's happening. More to follow.

Good effort that. I started one with fulham and failed miserably. After 15 games i had two wins, two defeats and ELEVEN draws. Considering how bad i done before the sacking i did enjoy it. Will eventually start a new one with them once i get use to the championship.

When one goal turns a 6-game-unbeaten streak into a 7-game-winless streak... :(

We're choking here, big time. Here's the current league table after 38 games. Still in with a shout, and helped massively with Crewe losing their last 2 and Carlisle being inconsistent too, but we just need to focus on ourselves, and we can't seem to get a win for love nor money.

When one goal turns a 6-game-unbeaten streak into a 7-game-winless streak... :(

We're choking here, big time. Here's the current league table after 38 games. Still in with a shout, and helped massively with Crewe losing their last 2 and Carlisle being inconsistent too, but we just need to focus on ourselves, and we can't seem to get a win for love nor money.

That's tough, hang on in there!

A nice scalp from the FA cup:

MlZlyJ.png

A replay at home in front of a capacity crowd after drawing 1-1 away.

Turned out to be something of a last hurrah for me as Carlisle manager, as I applied for and was offered the Derby job. They're currently 3rd in the championship, expectation is to get into the playoffs. My aim in this save never was to get Carlisle to the top so can't pass by such a great opportunity, even if it sort of feels that I'm leaving some unfinished business behind. I've got some money (1,5 mill transfer budget and 50k available wage budget) and 16 hours left in the transfer window, so will be a hectic start. :D

Well, that was certainly one of the more interesting deadline days I've had on FM.

The defender situation at Derby was... Interesting. Only one proper left back at the club (and by proper I mean left footed, for a start) and even he's natural at ML rather than DL, even if his attributes make him look more like a full back. A grand total of one center back that I feel somewhat comfortable with having in the first eleven, most center backs ranging from poor to awful. And a whopping SIX players able to play right back, four of whom I'd definitely class as right backs based on their attributes.

I managed to get rid of two of the right backs, on the cheap of course, but I had absolutely no use for so many. Bought a CB from Newcastle and a 30-year old left winger from LOSC, and signed Luke Garbutt from Sheffield United and Rony Lopes (advanced playmaker) from Monaco on loan, both with fairly cheap agreed prices for a future transfer. If Lopes turns out to be as impressive as he looks like, I'll definitely be buying him, as his agreed price is 1,8 mill and his value is 5,25 mill. Garbutt is already 24 years old and hasn't really developed, 2,5 stars for current ability, so might be a lost cause.

Will be playing 4123 for this season and make more specific plans for next season later. I'm currently 7 points off second place, also 7 points above 7th, 18 games to go. Anything's possible I suppose.

Edit: And Lopes scores exactly one minute and seven seconds into his debut :eek:

So here's where we finished in the league...

Major flop, and in the end we were battling to keep ourselves in the play-off spots. 4 points off automatic, which is very frustrating given how many draws we have that should have been wins, etc. But we have to stay positive, and keep moving forward. We're in the play-offs and we play Crewe, who we have an okay head-to-head record against.

Recently switched to a 5-3-2WB formation and we look a hell of a lot better than we have looked recently, so I'm hoping that we can build on our last 2 wins in the league and get past Crewe. Would be nice to face my old club Notts County in the final... :p

So I got my wish :p

We beat Crewe 2-0 at our place and lost 1-0 at theirs, resulting in us triumphing 2-1 aggregate winners. Too scared to play this match! Going to give myself a bit of a breather before I play it :D:D

So, how did it go? Hopefully went your way.

I've had a fairly good start at Derby. W5 D1 L2 in eight league games. Lost fourth round replay to Reading in the FA cup. I'm still 3rd in the league, now 7 points behind 2nd with a game in hand. Brighton, who were 1st when I arrived, have started dropping a lot of points, with one win and one draw in seven games, and they're currently second, so I should therefore have every chance to get second if I keep doing well.

In terms of plans for next season, a lot depends on whether we get promoted or not. Current first XI looks good to me for championship level, maybe could do with improving one or two positions. It's depth that we're lacking at the moment, we've been playing two games a week and the need for rotation is hurting us too much. If we don't get promoted, I will definitely need to improve our squad options, especially in defense. If we do get promoted, it's of course all about improving the first team. DL, ST, DC, GK, AMR in order of importance.

Great stuff Gizmo, you'll always be a legend of Morecambe now! Might need to play better than your second half of the season next time though ;)

Nice stuff kozmik, keep it going. Derby are a club set for the top flight really, and it will be nice if you're the man to get them back there.

Nice stuff kozmik, keep it going. Derby are a club set for the top flight really, and it will be nice if you're the man to get them back there.

Yeah, looking at how we're doing at the moment I'm pretty confident we'll get promoted next season even if we don't make it this time around, as long as we don't end up having to sell key players.

Climbed to second now, albeit on goal difference only. Brighton are now third and in dire straits, six games without a win and three straight defeats. Current leaders Burnley aren't in particularly scintillating form either, with one win and four draws in last five games. I'm only five points behind them now with seven games to go and I'm about to play against them soon (away though) so we've at least an outside chance at silverware. That being said, our last seven fixtures look rather difficult with only two opponents from the bottom half, and some difficult away games as well. I'm not that bothered really though, would be great to be promoted straight away but I don't mind a full season in the championship either, as long as we finish in the playoff spots and I get to keep my job that is. :p

Great stuff Gizmo, you'll always be a legend of Morecambe now! Might need to play better than your second half of the season next time though ;)

My shopping list for next season is 1 goalkeeper, 2 centrebacks and 1 striker. If I can get these 4 players then I'll be very happy with my Morecambe squad.

The title is ours!

Plenty of hard fought games, like:

Barnsley%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsu9qenbxi.png

Derby%20v%20West%20Brom_%20Overview%20Overview_zps1ccrqjqq.png

A great, genuine Fergie time comeback:

Bristol%20City%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsltzyuvl9.png

Penultimate game of the season, squad was an absolute nervous wreck throughout the whole game as we looked to secure automatic promotion:

Derby%20v%20Millwall_%20Overview%20Overview-2_zpsu0lgxkgx.png

In the last game of the season we played Crystal Palace away, while 2nd placed Burnley played Sunderland at home. We were three points ahead with a goal difference of 33, their GD was 30 but with more goals scored. So we would likely need draw to clinch the title. Burnley won their match 3-0. In our match, our GK Scott Carson saved a pen and was MotM with an 8,3 rating as the game finished 0-0! :lol:

Here's all the results after I took over:

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-2_zpsfrohkl1r.png

So, my first trophy and promotion to the prem. 19 mill transfer fund and 250k available wage budget, if we get our signings right it should be enough to get the first eleven to an acceptable premier league level.

Just started a Bristol City save, any tips, the squad is very small, signed Jack Stacey, Sam Gallagher, Rolando Aarons, Tyias Browning and Milos Veijkovic on loan, signed John Egan from Port Vale and a free transfer in Max Urruti, annoying Fielding is injured for 5 months before the season starts, gone for some more freebies, will keep you posted.

Well done kozmik, and welcome back to RB & NF - good luck at your new clubs. RB, I will be very interested to see how you get on with Kodjia, a player I have admired for a little while. NF, all I can say is...I have no idea what the reason could be for choosing them either - but I hope you enjoy it ;)

Yeah Kodjia has done ok so far, 1 goal in 3 games, average rating of 7.13, 1 assist, usually play him as a complete forward in a 4-4-2 formation.

Signed some more freebies in Gaby Mudingayi, Abdallah Yaisen, Benjamin Bertrand, Will Packwood, Abdul Razak, Maynor Figueroa and George Green, also got Everton as my parent team now so loaned in David Henen and Junioir.

Played 3 league games so far, won 1, drew 1 and lost 1, through to the 2nd round of the Capital One Cup, beating AFC Wimbeldon 3-1, got Middlesborough in the next round.

Jack Stacey has been brilliant for me so far, I reccomend any team going for him on loan if you can, will post little updates as I go along.

Just a quick update, currently 15th after 7 league games, won 2, drawn 2 and lost 3, got Leicester in the 3rd round of the cup after beating Middlesborough 3-2, Jogo you will be happy to know that Kodjia has been playing really well for me, scoring 6 goals in 9 games for so far, Jack Stacey is still the best player though with an average rating of 8.16 after 5 games for me.

Good stuff, delighted to hear Kodjia is doing well (and Stacey too). I wanted to sign Kodjia in another save at the end of my first season, but he was worth £5.25m when I checked. He obviously had a good season for BCFC in that one too, so hopefully he will keep that scoring ratio up for you. If so, you'll have a big asset on your hands.

Archived