Sports Interactive Community
Jogo Bonito

FM16 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Surely the financial situation will make it a better game/challenge?

I agree. Put yourself on a transfer embargo, cut down the wages of those players who aren't going to be in your plans or release on loan and etc. Lots could of been done to regain the financial situation.

Hello lads, I am looking to start a career with Millwall in League One. I've never managed below Championship to be honest because I thought there would be too much of an effort to promote teams from League Two/One to Premier League. Since I have a soft spot for Millwall and relegated recently in League One, I thought it would be a nice challenge to get them back right to Championship then build a side to promote in Premier League.

Anyway, I have no clue about their players, who are their best players, what tactics should I be looking to employ and most importantly, what players should I bring it (just generally which players are good enough to make an impact in League One).

If you could help me with some transfer targets, would be wonderful.

Thank you.

Hello lads, I am looking to start a career with Millwall in League One. I've never managed below Championship to be honest because I thought there would be too much of an effort to promote teams from League Two/One to Premier League. Since I have a soft spot for Millwall and relegated recently in League One, I thought it would be a nice challenge to get them back right to Championship then build a side to promote in Premier League.

Anyway, I have no clue about their players, who are their best players, what tactics should I be looking to employ and most importantly, what players should I bring it (just generally which players are good enough to make an impact in League One).

If you could help me with some transfer targets, would be wonderful.

Thank you.

You should look at their squad and figure that out. Players can only be good as you want them to be, so you're the one who's going to have to build a tactic around them and which suits them.

I personally recommend, if you want a young top class GK who is 19 years old go for Bleves from Lecce (Serie C/C).

I was getting bored of the save after the 3rd season, I always tend to get bored after a few seasons, anyway started as Wolves.

Transfers wise I signed Max Urruti again, also signed on free's were Diego Tiendelli, Steve Harper and Richard Dunne, signed Michael Kightly back to the club he made his name with for 1.5m, signed some players on loan in Cammy Smith from Aberdeen, Gideon Jung from Hamburg and Tomas Pochettino from Boca.

Will let you know how I get on with this save as I go along.

Since I have a soft spot for Millwall

You've got to be the only person in the world with a soft spot for Millwall! ;)

Think this link will work http://imgur.com/yZIk1K0

Basically unbeaten so far with Wolves.

Another bargain I signed was Andres Tunez, only cost 20k compensation from Burinam United, signed Joshua Nadeau on a free, managed to get Man Utd as my parent team so loaned in Jesse Lingard, Will Keane and Andreas Pereira.

Le Fondre, Lingard and Keane are my joint top scorers with 3 goals each so far, Lingard is my best player so far with 8.35 average rating, I play him as an Inside Forward.

Just gone in at the end of the first season to Mansfield. Had about a week there, to be greeted with a news bulletin saying the Chairman is looking to sell the club...

My football manager ****ed up. I'm raging, it would stay on loading screen for ages and not load up. So gotta reinstall, hopefully I won't lose my saves.

Yeah I deleted everything, reinstalled and go it working again without the saves. So I decided **** it. I'll go for another challenge for the team I support personally which is Blackpool and their return to the BPL and I end up at Portsmouth lol

I don't normally like to buy players in January but might have to this time:

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-3_zpsdeqmuj3h.png

The new TV money in the prem is INSANE.

I'm doing pretty well, 9th with 14 points after ten games, W3, D5, L2. Away win at Newcastle and home draw against Liverpool (top of the league with Morata having scored 14 goals in 10 games for them) best results so far.

BCFC_Mike - Fellow North Somerset here! Always on the Tottenham Thread but interestingly started a Bristol City save myself and I am really enjoying it!! Only browsing quickly on here as @ work but interested to see who you signed first window to give me some idea. Cheers in advance

Sorry fella, been busy last couple of days. Where abouts in North Somerset? You can find a screenshot of my signings from the first window below :thup: Anything else, give me a shout!

Bare in mind, I acquired Man United as Parent club.. So raided some of their top youth players haha!

23m3g60.jpg

All but 2 infact were loans. Lloyd Isgrove is definitely worth the money, Abdou was just purely a backup option I got in January

Great updates here, a few club changes for some of you I see too. I'm finishing my second season in Zurich today, and then picking up Coventry season 2 again. I still have about five or six other Football League clubs set up and ready to go before the data update - looking like that is being optimistic :eek:

Hi - this is my first post on this forum so I hope I get this right. Really enjoyed reading all these updates on some exciting-sounding Football League saves, and have been inspired to start one of my own. I'm currently in the early stages of a save with local team Southend United (who, I've noticed, are not really a popular choice on here ;) ), and was wondering if I could post updates here or if that would be something anyone would be interested in seeing. Thanks!

Welcome Guninho!

Sure, post away with your updates in here, we all love to share our lower league managerial struggles with each other! ;)

Absolutely! Welcome Guninho, it's always nice to see how people get on with other clubs. Good luck with Southend. I like Bentley and Leonard from the starting squad, but I'm sure you know more about them than me!

Yeah try get Bentley on a new contract Guninho, his contract expires in the first season so try tie him down if possible.

Currently top of the league with Wolves, had a good start winning the first 4 league games and also beating Stevenage and then Bristol City in the Capital One Cup, lost to Watford in the next round though.

Lingard has been amazing for me and so has Will Keane, both getting 6 goals each so far and joint top scorer, Kightly is the assist king after not starting then I decided to start playing him and he has been amazing with his assists.

Thanks a lot Jogo Bonito , Gizmo7 and Ronaldo Beckham !

I've been trying to tie down Dan Bentley early on but he is apparently cynical about the quality of the squad and his wage demands are too high for me to meet at the moment which is a real shame. He's a top keeper and hopefully I'll be able to work something out for him! Our wage budget has already proved to be a stumbling block when looking to keep/sign players.

Leonard's also a solid midfielder but picked up a 4-5 week injury in our first pre-season friendly :( There are some other good prospects and solid players to build the squad around though, which is a plus.

I'll post a proper update as soon as I can. Thanks for being so welcoming! :)

Signed a guy Calvate, free transfer and seems quality enough for league 2. Opened the season against Dag and reds, won 3 1 at home. Bristol City capital one cup, losing 2 0 as we speak. Completely horrible.

Coventry End of 1st season update:

Transfers - I brought in Thierry Ambrose and Gael Bigirimana on loan. Also brought in Peter Ramage on a free. Ambrose was a fantastic addition scoring 15 and assisting 7.

League - Got off to a great start, unbeaten in the first 9 winning 8 of them. I had a great set of results between the end of October to the end of March losing only 6 games. I was at the top of the league for the majority of the season. However, things started to go a bit downhill around mid April losing 4 of my last 5 games. This cost me an automatic promotion spot. I was drawn against Oldham in the playoffs, who gave us a 4-1 thumping on the last day of the season so was a bit nervous going into this tie. Scraped a 1-0 win in the first leg in a pretty even match. I lost 2-1 in the second leg taking it to extra time and penalties which thankfully we won!! I was then drawn against Barnsley in the playoff. In a high scoring match we unfortunately lost 5-3. Devastated to have missed out on automatic promotion by 2 points and unlucky to lose the play off final but looking at the positives we achieved a lot more than what was expected of us.

Players - There were a few players who impressed me over the course of the season.

Aaron Phillips - was a consistent performer over the season. Taking advantage of Jordan Willis being out injured at the start of the season, he eventually ended up with an incredible 18 assists in the league and an average rating of 7.34.

Ryan Haynes - I decided to put him ahead of Chris Stokes and it paid off contributing with an impressive 15 assists and average rating of 7.28.

Ruben Lameiras - Played mainly as AML and contributed with 16 goals and 7 assists which helped take the burden off the strikers.

Adam Armstrong - Outstanding player for the team, scoring a tidy 24 goals and chipping in with 10 assists and a great average rating of 7.47.

Cups - Not a great time in the cups went out in the first round of both the FA Cup and the Capital One cup. However, had some minor success in the JPT getting to the quarter final.

Excited to crack on with the next season. Looking to secure at least the playoffs and hopefully be able to secure some great signings!

Coventry End of 1st season update:

Transfers - I brought in Thierry Ambrose and Gael Bigirimana on loan. Also brought in Peter Ramage on a free. Ambrose was a fantastic addition scoring 15 and assisting 7.

League - Got off to a great start, unbeaten in the first 9 winning 8 of them. I had a great set of results between the end of October to the end of March losing only 6 games. I was at the top of the league for the majority of the season. However, things started to go a bit downhill around mid April losing 4 of my last 5 games. This cost me an automatic promotion spot. I was drawn against Oldham in the playoffs, who gave us a 4-1 thumping on the last day of the season so was a bit nervous going into this tie. Scraped a 1-0 win in the first leg in a pretty even match. I lost 2-1 in the second leg taking it to extra time and penalties which thankfully we won!! I was then drawn against Barnsley in the playoff. In a high scoring match we unfortunately lost 5-3. Devastated to have missed out on automatic promotion by 2 points and unlucky to lose the play off final but looking at the positives we achieved a lot more than what was expected of us.

Players - There were a few players who impressed me over the course of the season.

Aaron Phillips - was a consistent performer over the season. Taking advantage of Jordan Willis being out injured at the start of the season, he eventually ended up with an incredible 18 assists in the league and an average rating of 7.34.

Ryan Haynes - I decided to put him ahead of Chris Stokes and it paid off contributing with an impressive 15 assists and average rating of 7.28.

Ruben Lameiras - Played mainly as AML and contributed with 16 goals and 7 assists which helped take the burden off the strikers.

Adam Armstrong - Outstanding player for the team, scoring a tidy 24 goals and chipping in with 10 assists and a great average rating of 7.47.

Cups - Not a great time in the cups went out in the first round of both the FA Cup and the Capital One cup. However, had some minor success in the JPT getting to the quarter final.

Excited to crack on with the next season. Looking to secure at least the playoffs and hopefully be able to secure some great signings!

A very similar end to my first season at Coventry, although we kind of got there in reverse fashion as our early form was poor and we only got in to the play-off spots right at the end (before failing). The board won't give you much in the summer, so free transfers and loans (extensions should be possible) are the way to work ahead of season 2. I think there is lots of potential at the club and was also excited ahead of the second year.

I'm getting a few games in now, edging towards the end of November. Doing ok in League 1, but got thumped 3-0 by Wigan in Round 1 of the FA Cup. Constant rumours about the chairman potentially selling up, but nothing has really happened and no embargo has been applied yet.

Got a transfer budget of abut 90k but that's been lowered to cover the wage budget. Rumours of a takeover are circulating. Like you said, loan extensions and free transfers it is so far in the window. Best of luck to you in season 2, look forward to the next update.

Parallel saves by the sounds of it. You should be able to assemble a good squad even without spending money, good luck to you too.

I'll post an update when I get to January.

Quick update from my preseason with Southend United...

Southend United

Been tasked with avoiding relegation in our first season in League 1, a tough ask but I believe we're capable of it.

Squad

Start off with a decent squad, if lacking a little in star quality. As mentioned, goalkeeper Daniel Bentley is a real talent who, despite early reservations over wage and the direction of the club, I managed to tie down to a new contract. His back up, young Ted Smith also looks really promising, and my coaches say he could exceed Bentley's ability. In defence, Cian Bolger looks good at centre half alongside club legend Adam Barrett, with left-back Ben Coker a standout player. I promoted two exciting looking prospects from the youth team, centre-back Dan Matsuzaka and left-back Harry Kyprianou, the latter of whom has been excellent so far.

In midfield, Ryan Leonard is a solid player and new signing Anthony Wordsworth is the main creative outlet. Young Jack Payne is a player I really like in a Shadow Striker role, and who I hope will be a key player in the future. Out wide, Stephen McLaughlin is very nice on the left.

Veteran strike partnership Dave Mooney and Noel Hunt are quality.

There are also some solid backups and squad players, many of whom I have given new contracts.

I would have included the stats of the above mentioned players but I'm not sure how at the moment :(

Tactics

Have experimented with some different tactics and formations in preseason, starting off with my preferred 4-2-3-1 with Mooney alone up top and a midfield three of Leonard, Wordsworth and Payne. Moved on to a 4-4-2 which I think suits my team more at the moment. Mooney plays as a Trequartista or Poacher up front with Hunt supporting as a Defensive Forward. I think I'll continue with the 4-4-2 going into the season, as we've looked solid in defence and dangerous in attack throughout preseason.

Results

In our first friendly we beat Braintree 3-1, with McLaughlin (x2) and Mooney getting the goals and Payne and Leonard both suffering foot injuries which will keep them out for the rest of preseason. Next came Carshalton who we dispatched 4-0 thanks to an O.G. and goals from Wordsworth, Mooney and centre midfielder Michael Timlin. We defeated Crawley 2-0, another O.G. and Mooney getting on the scoresheet again, and swept aside Hemel Hempstead 5-0, with Mooney, Bolger, Hunt (x2) and winger Kevam Hurst getting the goals. In our most difficult preseason game we managed a late 2-1 win over Leyton Orient, Hunt and McLaughlin both scoring again. All in all a promising preseason!

Transfers

I haven't done too well with transfers unfortunately. The club doesn't have much of a transfer budget, but the main problem is with wages. The only completed deal so far is a loan for L2 Cambridge United striker Jordan Chiedozie. He's not bad but, looking back I definitely could have got a better player in up front. I wanted a bit of pace and trickery, but Chiedozie is more of a young prospect. I had a bid accepted for Erhun Oztumer, who I really wanted to bring in, but we just couldn't offer the wage he wanted. I have since had a loan offer for Bournemouth centre back Stephane Zubar accepted, but the deal is not complete. He should add some experience to our back line.

I have accepted now that I must rely on loans and free transfers, but haven't bought any others in yet.

I would still like to add a bit more quality, as well as being in need of cover for injuries in midfield and defence, so any suggestions would be very welcome! :)

Anyway, that's where I am now, with a first League game, against Fleetwood, coming up. I'm not sure if this is too long or dense - please let me know if there are better formats or ways to post updates, this is my first time!

Hope this has been interesting, looking forward to hearing more from all of the other FL saves in this thread! :)

Won the championship title with Wolves, Max Urutti and Jesse Lingard the stand out players, Urutti got 27 goals in 43 games for me, managed to signed Lingard, Will Keane and Emiliano Martinez ready for the Prem season, wont sign many more players as I don't want to disrupt the squad harmony.

Well done RB and good luck for your next season.

I'm in to January 2017 with Coventry, still ticking along alright. Unfortunately we have been under a transfer embargo for the first two weeks of the window as Valeri Belokon (the Latvian guy involved with Blackpool) has failed to convince our board that he has the funding to complete his takeover deal. I'd actually prefer it if he doesn't get involved, as I was told that they would appoint Neil Redfearn as Manager if he takes control of the club. The same Neil Redfearn that I was delighted to appoint as my HOYD last season...

Actually I have just looked at Blackpool (who were relegated to League 2) and I am delighted to say the Oystons are no longer there - a result for football fans everywhere. Belokon is not listed there either, although I don't know if he was originally.

Definitely looks like we'll be staying up, doing even better than expected. Currently 9th with 36 points after 26 games. Also made it to the 5th round in the FA Cup, where we'll be facing a replay against Bournemouth at home after a 1-1 draw at their place.

Spent my huge transfer kitty on five players, three came in January and two are joining in the summer. Aymen Abdennour, Angel Correa and Luke Shaw came in January and Johannes Eggestein and an Argentinian regen GK will be joining in the summer. Apart from the regen all were transfer listed, Eggestein was unhappy because Bremen had apparently refused to sell a player who wanted away, rest were unhappy with lack of playing time. Shaw has had a couple of bad injuries (broken leg and damaged cruciate ligaments, over a year out in fairly quick succession) which are probably the biggest reasons he didn't play. His attributes look pretty similar to what they are at the start of the game - hopefully he can still achieve his potential to some degree. He's 23 now so it's not too late just yet, he just needs to stay fit. Correa is apparently injury prone as well but hasn't had any major injuries, but still only played a handful of games at Atletico. Since joining us he has 7 starts and 3 sub appearances in two months, 2 goals, 3 assists and 7,80 average rating so has been something of a revelation. Playing him as an AP/A mainly at CM. Abdennour hasn't played that much as he's been at the ACN, but he's looking solid so far.

A few nice away results:

Everton%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpszscvenva.png

Watford%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsm3oxscgy.png

Liverpool%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpszthqtnyu.png

Just suffered my first horrific defeat just 3 games into season 1 with Portsmouth and it came to a very embarrassing 1 0 defeat against Crawley. Completely hammered in every aspect of the game but before that a very nice victory against Plymouth 3 1 away from home. Didn't realise how small the Portsmouth squad is.

What a battle!

Man%20City%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zpsmtrtzpu6.png

Injury time equalizer came with using overload with basically every risk-increasing TI, almost every player on attack duty etc. :lol:

Through to the semi final, where we'll be up against Aston Villa, currently 11th in the championship. Winner will face Norwich or Everton in the final. Dare I even say it?

No, I don't.

Hi all, just dropped in to say anyone playing as Birmingham city, you can get promoted in the first season, I did via the play-offs and now sit 8th in the prem. Good luck to all you bluenoses

After getting addicted to Rashids Torino Diaries YouTube videos I think I now have more goals for my Portsmouth save. I'm going to try and raise as much cash within the first 5 years of my save and limit transfers but yet sell any player who gets a great offer for their value. I aim to bring through youth players which I did on my first transfer window by buying youth only (mostly free agents) who could compete in league 1 at this stage.

Currently siting 4 with 5 wins 3 draws and 2 loses.

Just lost 2 0 to Exeter which I'm devasted about 55% possession. 24 shots 11 on target. Exeter had 2 shots on target 7 off target and won 2 0.

I have a formation which I work around 4 1 2 3 or a 4231 since the start of the save. I tweak things depending on who am playing and where am playing. Thanks to Rashid I literally have a lot more understanding of how in game analysis goes.

Next update will be when I reach February with a half way through the season update.

Second season as Bristol City is over, with a slight improvement over the first season. It honestly felt like we performed better in the first season, but thanks to a 8 game unbeaten run, there was improvement in our finishing position, unfortunately other results didn't want to go our way for a playoff spot.

28ib9qx.jpg

Performer of the season was Sean Murray, who we signed for a measly 325k at the start of the second

2060z5t.jpg

Playoffs are my target next season, and I'm expecting it to be a relatively quiet summer transfer window. (providing nobody wants to blag our top players)

If only I could screenshots and post them up.

Burton sit last place, but scored 51 goals in 11 games lol!

Just under 5 a game and bottom? That can't be right surely?

Good luck kozmik!

Thanks! Can't bring myself to start the match, can't remember the last time I've been this nervous about FM. I'm just browsing 9gag and other stuff with FM and "submit team" waiting in the background. :lol:

In the meantime, I was summoned to a board meeting to discuss club improvements. As a result, I got 16 mill for transfers (likely not the budget for new season as I haven't had the "Board set initial budgets" news item). And I managed to bag a huge, huge signing:

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-5_zpsd9vm75zc.png

That's the left wing sorted for as long as I can keep hold of him.

Good signing. How much was he transfer listed for?

Around 11 mill. Paid 15 to get Bayern to pay some of his wages, he was on 90k per week so would likely have demanded a lot more than I'd be willing to pay. Even with Bayern paying about 30k per week his initial demand was about 90k. He'll be on 70k when he joins, 80k after 30 games. Will be our highest paid player (Shaw is second at 65k) but won't completely mess up our wage structure. Huge bonuses, release clauses and 15% of future fee as well, so took a huge contract to convince him. Thankfully I had no competition, Barca was interested earlier but had dropped their interest for some reason. AML has been our weakest position the whole season even if Bautheac has done reasonably well, but having Sane there will probably make it our strongest position.

Has he improved a lot since the start of the game then?

I've never really looked at him at the start of the game, I've never used left footed wingers before at a level where he would be a relevant player. I'll post a screenshot of his current attributes when Photobucket starts working again.

I'm gonna play the final now. I'm so nervous it's ridiculous! :lol:

Here's Sane's attributes:

Leroy%20Saneacute_%20Overview%20Profile_zpssi8uusjd.png

The final's gone to penalties, 1-1 after 90 mins, no goals in extra time. Our GK is MotM so far, 9,3 rating. :lol: Norwich have had 23 shots, 15 on target, couldn't deal with their pace at all. Hopefully my man Sportiello can nick me a win in the shootout... If only I can find the nerves to press that button. :rolleyes:

Inbox_%20%20Inbox-6_zpspj7emo72.png

Norwich%20v%20Derby_%20Overview%20Overview_zps0zkfbjax.png

Yes!

What an emotional rollercoaster of a shootout. Norwich started, their first three takers missed as did our first two. The rest scored, with Pohjanpalo netting the last pen. Europa hear we come! :D

Well done kozmik, quite an achievement with Derby! Solid season for you at Bristol City too Mike. Not sure you will need a bigger squad than that to succeed with Portsmouth, but good luck Sir.

I've just got to the end of January 2017 with Coventry, so will put a brief update on here soon.

Well done kozmik, quite an achievement with Derby! Solid season for you at Bristol City too Mike. Not sure you will need a bigger squad than that to succeed with Portsmouth, but good luck Sir.

I've just got to the end of January 2017 with Coventry, so will put a brief update on here soon.

Definitely do with a lot of players getting injured. Brought in majority free 16 year old. A lot of players gonna be young and unexperienced but be playing a lot this season by looks of things.

Coventry City - Season 2 update (part 2)

Latest Results & Performance

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zps3gwa6vhp.png

Competitions_%20%20Competitions_zps99xktocn.png

It's been a while since I posted a proper update, but here it is at last. Our form in League 1 has remained similar to the earlier months, although the league is very tight with only three points separating the top seven clubs. I'm not as confident as I was originally for automatic promotion, but would be very disappointed if we fail to book at least a play-off spot. The form of Adam Armstrong has remained the major highlight, with 23 league goals in only 26 league appearances. His cup form hasn't been so good, without a goal in five appearances - but we have made it to the final of the JPT, where we will face promotion rivals Barnsley on 2nd April.

The winter transfer window came and went without any new players arriving, in fact the last new player to join the club was back on 31st August 2016. A transfer embargo due to a failed takeover bid saw us face the first few weeks of the window without the option to trade, and there was nothing that tempted me to make any move in the final week or so. The only players moving out were on loan, with U21 squad twins Dion & Devon Kelly-Evans joining non-league affiliate Nuneaton for some regular football. Fellow reserve player Ivor Lawton was also permitted to get some action, with non-league Tranmere taking him on loan.

The best news on the player front is that I have renewed the most important player contracts, with starlet James Maddison and ex-Plymouth defender Curtis Nelson both tied down to the club until 2019. The only other things worth mentioning are that Sam Ricketts (who I took as one of our U18 coaches when he retired at the end of last season) has left the club, being appointed as Manager of Braintree. I also decided to cash-in a transfer clause relating to Gael Bigirimana which added nearly £200k to the bank balance.

The start of the domestic transfer window came and went, and no sign of a "Board set initial budgets" news item. I've probably received that a lot earlier but just managed to miss it somehow. So apparently that 16 mill was all the money I was going to get. I did sign a new contract and as a part of that managed to lure the board into giving me some more money and I've sold a few surplus players, so I currently have a pretty decent 11 mill and 200k available wage budget. Slightly annoying though that I didn't get any more as we've made huge profits and our bank balance is almost 70 million.

Because of the coming involvement in continental football we'll be seeing more player traffic than I originally planned for (again), as I definitely need to add more depth. Too many emergency backup level players in the squad. Center back Bernardo who was instrumental in the championship title win ended up as fourth choice CB after the signing of Abdennour, I've sold him to Palace for 1,2 mill as he started whining about first team action. As his replacement I've got a Norwegian CB joining on a free from Krasnodar, not a great player but I don't expect him to play much either. First choice LW Bautheac will be released as he's out of contract in the summer, which was the plan all along, especially after I agreed the deal with Sane. Tosic has also left after being quite underwhelming as I had the chance to sign Ricardo Kishna on a free from Lazio and had to make room for him. Backup RB Krafth was sold to Blackburn with Javi Manquillo joining from West Ham for 875k as I don't think Krafth had the ability to be anything more than emergency backup. Ighalo also headed for the exit door as I had to make room for Eggestein, whilst I'll still be looking at selling or loaning out Garbutt. After I signed Shaw the original plan was to keep Garbutt as backup for the coming season and sell Biraghi, but again with continental football on the table I'd rather keep Biraghi as he's the better player.

So far I haven't had unwelcome approaches of my players, but a few are wanted. Hopefully I can keep hold of them. As long as I can keep Hughes I'll be happy, but I definitely need him and Hendrick as they're the only two first team worthy home grown players in the squad. Whatever else happens, I'll need to sign a central midfielder. I'm first and foremost looking for a ball winner/box-to-box type who can be a genuine threat from distance as Hendrick can't really offer this even though his long shots is a decent 14. Out of somewhat realistic options available I would love Lucas Silva, who's transfer listed at FCP. But as he's at a title winning, champions league participating club and listed by the club rather than at player's request I'm not sure he'd be that keen. I'll wait until the summer reputation increase sets in and try to make an offer then. Another player I like the look of is Sergiy Sydorchuck of Dynamo Kiev, who isn't listed but only has one year left on his contract so might be available for a reasonable fee.

Third season as City, and finally we make the big time! I wasn't expecting to finish top, my personal expectation was just to reach the playoffs. But we were absolutely brilliant in the second half of the season.

ay7rbr.jpg

My stand out player again surprised me. a 20 year old striker who I had planned to use as a backup to Kodjia, however a short spell in the team while Kodj was injured, impressed me big time. And he was soon a regular starter and will sure make an impact in the Premier League.

jzbp5d.jpg

These were my transfers throughout the season. Didn't spend much, but profited big time on some outgoing players. Joey Bryan left to Wednesday, recently relegated from the Premier League, hence the price tag they paid. Rico Henry was different. 20 years old, already a guaranteed top flight starter.. and Bournemouth triggered his release clause.

nw07c2.jpg

Been given 25 million to spend, with 250k available to spend on wages. Bring it on

Right, season's about to start with the Community shield with Liverpool first up. I ended up selling two players who were in my plans for next season. Second choice DL Biraghi went to Everton for 14 million, couldn't refuse as it meant 11 mill profit and also Alex Telles was available for 375k. :D Key player Diego Reyes went to Leverkusen for 9,75 mill, 5 million profit and more importantly a great excuse to sign this guy, who I'd been admiring for a while:

Armando%20Barreira_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsckgkyp7o.png

Cost me an arm and a leg, but at 18 years old he's on par with Abdennour already. I bought him from Guimaraes where he's already played 40 first team matches over two seasons, second season with a solid 7,20 average rating. Even if my scouts are wrong about his potential he'll be a solid first team player as it is.

All this transfer activity, especially combined with some tactical changes, has naturally resulted in my tactical familiarity being a complete shambles, we're only at competent and the season's about to start. :lol: I've arranged a whole bunch of midweek frendlies to get some extra training done. The first fixtures of the season are extremely unforgiving and probably the toughest start I've ever had in any FM. First six league games are Spurs(A), Chelsea(H), QPR(A), Man City(H), Man Utd(A) and Liverpool(H). We'll be dropping a lot of points and I wouldn't be surprised if we found ourselves near the bottom after those games. Hopefully we can get over that run quickly and start winning games.

Reading 2015/16 Mid season update

reading_s.jpg

I'm please with how the season has gone so far. The board expectations are a mid table finish, so to be in the play off spots at this stage is a positive. The current Reading squad is very reliant on the loans, so promotion this season would be a massive bonus as the money will really help, put the squad back together when they all return to their parent clubs. As you can see, we are the entertainers of the division. We have scored the most goals in the league, but have also conceded the 3rd highest number

Reading_Jan_League_table.jpg

The January window has seen 2 in 2 out. We let Hal Robson Kanu go on a free to Brighton. He was on 20k per week and was not anywhere near the team, so I ahd to let him go. Nick Blackman also joined Brighton. We got just under £1m for him.

Replacing Blackman was a very good signing for us. Dwight Gayle joined for £950k. An absolute bargain in my eyes. He has scored goals in the prem and I am confident he will fire them in, in the Championship. The Second deal saw Junior Stanislas come in from Bournemouth. He can cover both flanks and may fill in the left wing role when Ola John's loan ends and we are unable to sign him permanently.

Fixtures so far

Reading_Jan_Fixtures.jpg

Reading_Jan_fixtures_2.jpg

Ola John has been fantastic. He is the top scorer in the league with 15 goals. Vydra is also banging them in. Unfortunately they both may not be with us next year. As you can see there have been some thrilling games. The 5-4 defeat at Sheffield Wednesday was a killer. The standout result was the 5-1 win against Huddersfield.

Congrats to you Mike, and to you kozmik.

You're doing well too sammo, and I'm interested in this as an exiled RFC supporter myself. Good to see John & Vydra doing their business consistently, a little surprised you couldn't get a fee for HRK but won't lose any sleep over the release of such a frustrating player. The big thing about the club is the young first team squad players that have come through the Academy, if I ever get to manage them again I'd try and keep as many of those in my team and squad as possible. Look forward to your updates.