Premiership Clan 2016

dcu223

logo_zpswp0wkfcl.jpg

The Premiership Clan returns for Football Manager 2016 for our 3rd Season.

For the first we have decided to introduce the Championship in addition to the Premiership therefore bringing the excitement of Promotion , Relegation and Playoffs to the game.

As with Football Manager 2014 & 2015 Performance will be measured by Trophy count and Sackings/Relegations.

For FM2016 we have reduced our numbers to 5/6 and decided to focus on quality rather than quantity. All of our managers have a vast amount of experience and have played the game from the original Championship Manager in single player and Online since 2006.

We have simplified our Clan Rules and now look forward towards Game Release.

Our website has been overhauled for Football Manager 2016 and will be updated with the members achievements and failures.

We ask you to uphold and respect both the forum and the clan rules about not posting about joining in this thread, and politely point you towards the available player advertiser thread or our website.

We also run the Online Versus Competition for Football Manager named King of the Hill. Keep an eye out for the thread soon and contact myself for details on how to join and compete with us online. This is open to everyone.

If you would like more information regarding our games please feel free to contact me.

I wish our members the best of luck.

Belly,

Premiership Clan

http://premiershipclan.myfreesites.net/

Come on Davie!!! :D Up the Wolves :D

Looks like you guys have set yourself a good pace, already a season completed, well done, keep it up :-)

Thanks Goldy - The game is moving quick that is for sure...

Come on Davie!!! :D Up the Wolves :D

Looks like you guys have set yourself a good pace, already a season completed, well done, keep it up :-)

Think we need an independent review board, because this is either some major illuminati conspiracy, game is completely broken, or he's hacked SI!

Kim - Watford

So far, so good. One might even say, well ahead to be honest. I didn't expect to be winning the league as early as the 2nd season, but I'm not going to complain. How have these 2 seasons gone then? Since I haven't posted much earlier, I will do a little summary so far.

Season 1

e69346.png[/img]

As I took over Watford, I looked at their strengths and weaknesses, and how they were playing in real life. I had a solid goalkeeper Gomez, and a decent defense. The gem here, was the right wingback Nyom, who looked like a very good player. We also had a couple of good left wingbacks, so it was obvious quite early on that a wingback system could be a good starting formation. In midfield we had good workers, and some decent allround players, but there wasn't too much attacking prowess there. Jurado, the AMC, seemed to be the only good choice of midfielders in the attacking sense. Up top we had a very strong looking duo in Ighalo and Deeney, so I went with the 352/361 variation.

The board was generous enough to start me out with a £15m budget, so I went ahead and picked up players like Lucas Romero, Mammana, Valdivia, Kristoffer Ajer and a few more. Normally on the previous clan games, I have normally been seen as one of the most attacking managers, so it was much to ie Geir's disbelief on how "boring" my side was when we played eachother. Very solid in defense, keeping a fair few clean sheets, but not scoring many either was the fact first season. However, this was my first priority, to just secure a midtable finish the first year, get that big increase in revenue from the new tv deal, and then see what kind of players I could bring in to the 2nd season.

With an 8th placed finish the first season, my board, fans and myself were all pretty happy, and with a little more luck and quality the final 5-6 games, we would have snuck into EURO league, but we had to surrender that spot to Geir's Palace in the end.

Season 2

e9dw7k.png

With a solid first season behind us, it was time to change it up a notch. I again was given a healthy purse by my board, this time in the region of £45m. This time however, I did not spread it out over 4 year deals, as I snatched up the likes of Martin Ødegaard for 8.5m as his minimum fee release clause wasn't too high. With a lot of new talent coming in, it was also time to go more attacking again. My general opinion on this current ME is that there is alot of emphasis on crosses, so my aim was again to be solid in defense, but more of a threat going forward.

Most of the teams in the EPL play 1 striker with 2 wingers/inside forwards. Having 3 centrebacks seems then as bit too much. Therefor, I shifted to a back 4, but I wasn't quite sure on how to play my midfield and strikers. Romero, who now looks almost like a young Steven Gerrard copy, being great both ways, paired with the skillful Norwegian youngster Ajer, I thought they would have enough to hold the middle. Ødegaard arriving in the summer, alongside amongst others Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy from a relegated Leicester side, I knew I had to get them all into the starting XI somehow. Playing one striker wasn't and option, so then we're left with playing 442 in some variation. After a little bit of tingering on single player, I found a way I thought would suit my Watford team, and by the looks of it, that went fairly well :)

We were the team that scored the most goals in the league, but we also had the meanest defense. We went until game nr 30-32 before we had our first loss, but by that time, the league was almost secured. The only disappointing thing this season, was that we crashed out of both cups to sides from either a division below, or in the relegation zone. That may have been a good thing in the end though, as my team were alot fresher than a few of the opponents in the latter stage of the season.

I may come back and post some screenshots of the transfers done so far, as I have been probably one of the most active on the game so far.

Season 3

24pxp9w.png

Not alot done so far in season 3, but we narrowly lost the Community Shield to Man City, and we then crashed to an injury time 1-0 defeat to Liverpool in the first game. However, I do feel that we are strong contenders for the league title again this season, but I am also looking to see how far we can go in the CL. I think I also need to keep a close eye on Grant, as I am expecting him to come roaring into gear at any stage. Great job also by Davie, being promoted twice, after being very unfortunate that his Wolves takeover resulted in them giving him the axe after the promotion.

-Kim

Geir - Palace

Just starting season 3, and as you all can see i managed to get Palace relegated in season two.

First season i found it easy to score goals, but we conceded too many. But we needed to thighten up in defence before season two. It all ended well, 7th in the league and qualified for EURO League.

So i spent a ******** of money ofcourse, with the plan of continuing the same defence as first season and slowly implement the new players. But due to long-term injuries we had to play most of the season with a new back four, and a new top two. Now we were leaking even more, and stopped scoring goals - and ofcourse this leades to relegation and me getting sacked. All the Euro games surely didnt help us regarding form and injuries. Longest run without a win was 18 games i think.

I have re-taken Palace, and now we want nothing less than winning the championship and promote on first attempt. I think this will be a good season for many of my younger players to develop and hopefylly be useful in the premiership.

Until next time...

Geir - Still Palace

Belly

Started game with Leicester. After a good start including a win over City the season deteriorated and our bad form ended up losing me my job. I was fortunate enough to take over a Leeds club with good players. We finished in the playoffs and lost to Davie's Wolves deservedly.

We are now doing poorly again and need to pick up otherwise we will be back on the dole.

Cheers,

Belly

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week 7 ( Season 5 )

S4PRC_zpsj87xgfoh.jpg

S4CHC_zpsluaytzmi.jpg

Trophies

Kim 4 Premiership X2 , Europa League, Community Shield ( Watford )

Grant 1 Championship ( Brighton )

Geir 1 Championship ( Crystal Palace )

Davie 1 Championship ( Burnley )

End of Week 8 ( Season 5 )

S4PRD_zpswdd7iuut.jpg

S4CHD_zpsjixtyhvk.jpg

Trophies

Kim 7 Premiership X4 , Europa League, Community Shield X2 ( Watford )

Belly 1 Championship ( Wolves )

Does anyone know if SI delibaretely have programmed the Watford board to be soft? I mean, I have now won 3 league titles in the first 5 seasons, and they still on the 6th season only expect a top half finish!

Bit more competition in the league last season, as both Grant and Man City were pushing me until the last game, with Arsenal also being very close. The attention have now firmly shifted towards the Champions League, and I will be very disappointed if I cannot win this at least once within the next 2-3 seasons.

End of Week 10 ( Season 6 )

S6PREMA_zpsq3rknyoh.jpg

S6CHA_zpsbykzcrbt.jpg

Trophies

Kim 11 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X5 , Europa League, FA CUP , Community Shield X2 ( Watford )

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week 11 ( Season 7 )

S7PREMB_zpspmrxziot.jpg

S7CHAMPB_zpsr9ufptcj.jpg

Trophies

Kim 11 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X5 , Europa League, FA CUP , Community Shield X2 ( Watford )

End of Week 12 ( Season 8 )

S8PREMA_zpsabfx9rgb.jpg

S8CHAMPA_zpsr3krkjwh.jpg

Trophies

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week 13 ( Season 8 )

S8PREMB_zpsqp6zlnlk.jpg

S8CHAMPB_zps18vjexxl.jpg

Trophies

Kim 14 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X6 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, Community Shield X3 ( Watford )

Davie 2 Championship ( Burnley )

End of Week 14 ( Season 9 )

S9PREMA_zpsfphrb3mw.jpg

S9CHAMPA_zpsmetzdwzj.jpg

Trophies

Kim 14 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X6 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, Community Shield X3 ( Watford )

Davie 2 Championship ( Burnley )

End of Week 15 ( Season 9 )

S9PREMB_zpsx7awlkgs.jpg

S9CHAMPB_zps1ad0tg8w.jpg

Trophies

Kim 16 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X7 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup, Community Shield X3 ( Watford )

Davie 2 Championship ( Burnley & West Ham)

Grant 2 Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup

Kim absolutely tearing it up over here lads. Is that an unbeaten season I see on the horizon?

Thanks to Oli and Man Utd im afraid not Ali however he has been the stand out Manager in our game as you can tell by the trophies etc.

However as you know i am a late starter ... :p

End of Week 16 ( Season 9 )

S9PREMc_zpsc9s2e4ot.jpg

S9CHAMPc_zpsx8pplyj6.jpg

Trophies

Kim 17 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X7 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Davie 2 Championship ( Burnley & West Ham)

Grant 2 Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup

Kim absolutely tearing it up over here lads. Is that an unbeaten season I see on the horizon?

Afraid that went out the window when Oli 'Hatchet Harry' took me down in injury time, and then the same away to Mourinho's Man Utd. Expecting Grant to start winning trophies from here on out though, so gonna be at least somewhat more difficult now

End of Week 17 ( Season 10 )

S10PREMA_zpsw2ewxnlg.jpg

S10CHAMPA_zpsh66s7pt2.jpg

Trophies

Kim 18 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X7 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup X2, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Grant 4 Premiership, Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup X2

Davie 3 Championship X2 ( Burnley & West Ham)

Geir 2 Europa League, Championship ( Crystal Palace )

Unfortunately my power supply melted last week, so I missed Wednesday's session and also this Monday. Hopefully I'll still be in a job when I return, but by the looks of how my assistant is doing, I better be back asap!

End of Week 18 ( Season 10 )

S10PREMb_zpskqmehvoy.jpg

S10CHAMPb_zpszg7nhxh4.jpg

Trophies

Kim 18 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X7 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup X2, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Grant 6 Champions League, European Super Cup, Premiership, Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup X2, Community Shield

End of Week 19 ( Season 11 )

S11PREMA_zpsndjpnm7b.jpg

Jimmy unemployed

Trophies

Kim 19 Champions League ,European Super Cup, Premiership X7 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup X3, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Grant 7 World Club Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, Premiership, Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup X2, Community Shield

• 2 weeks later...

End of Week 20 ( Season 11 )

S11PREMb_zpsvigorjhq.jpg

Trophies

Kim 23 World Club Cup, Champions League X2 ,European Super Cup X2, Premiership X8 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup X3, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Grant 7 World Club Cup, Champions League, European Super Cup, Premiership, Championship ( Brighton ), FA Cup X2, Community Shield

End of Week 21 ( Season 12 )

S12PREMA_zpst5xt6lhn.jpg

Trophies

Kim 23 World Club Cup, Champions League X2 ,European Super Cup X2, Premiership X8 , Europa League, FA CUP x2, League Cup X3, Community Shield X4 ( Watford )

Archived