Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

Just seen the referee bring play back after an advantage which I haven't seen on FM before. I understand that you can't bring play back to send someone off, and that play has to be stopped right there. But can play be brought back for a second yellow card?

Yes, indeed it can!

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange thing: never the beta had been so balanced, well performing, nice to see...all agreed on the forum, it was the best fm ever...after the update many issues arose...it's a pity because it all seemed to be fine...any hope to be back to the beta situation with the final release???

I was saving my game and while that was doing i hit the windows button to change the music i was playing in the backround on my computer i then pressed on FM again and i noticed that it still said saving game even though i could click on the buttons in the game itself. That never happened to me in previous versions.

I had this when loading a game. The game was stuck on 100% loading but I could click on all the stuff going on in the background that was all fuzzy and blurred out.

Crosses to the far post are straight up deadly. And I'll put that on horrifying defending. Something is definitely wrong with defending in this ME. Too much illogical positioning and movement from defenders. Full backs coming narrow to close down player with the ball when there is no need for that and leaving wingers acres of space. It needs fixing please.

Upload specific examples in this thread please:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440965-Unnecessary-Decisions-to-Double-Mark-Leaves-Acres-of-Space-Generally-Wonky-Defensive-Shape

I had this when loading a game. The game was stuck on 100% loading but I could click on all the stuff going on in the background that was all fuzzy and blurred out.

I have this quite often, especially as I tend to alt-tab during processing between days. Oh well, I guess no more changing music or reading this forum during gameplay for me...

abit of a strange question of which I hope so one can help

It is regarding the beta and when it stops working - I have recently moved house and am without internet until the 25th nov.

My pc is currently at my parents house (with internet) - my new office is all decorated and ready for the pc - My question- I am wishing to bring my pc back over - I will uupdate it to the latest version before I leave but if I were to do this today would the beta stop working with steam in offline mode or should I wait until tomorrow and update to full version then I know I will be ok lol

I haven't had chance to play the beta so am keen to play tonight but I think I know the answer to my question will be it will stop working tomorrow lol

Spanish traveling fan numbers are very very low IRL

That's right, I've been to the Camp Nou last year for the opening match of La Liga, and there were five fans of the away team... five. Imagine how many are coming when their team is playing against someone smaller than Barcelona...

• SI Staff

1. I've just agreed my first bosman deal in Jan to be concluded in June. I wasn't offered the option to "buy now"

... Is that still a feature in the game?

Cheers

Option is still present. As Arsenal manager I have just signed Geronimo Rulli on a bosman deal.

After confirming the deal I receive a 'Arsenal to sign Ruli' news item. This news item contains a 'Buy Now' option.

If you have an example where you are not getting the 'Buy Now' option could you please start a thread here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Providing a save game before the issue occurred would be great too. Details on how to upload can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Cheers,

Ben

Looks to me like a player whose slipped, or has been caught slightly off balance even if this can't be displayed graphically via the 2D, 3D match engine yet due to animations. May I ask the players balance?

Definitely slipping or poor balance, it happens quite often IRL vs quick players as n°6. Nothing strange here.

100% agree that the difficulty levels are much better balanced, it makes for a better and more rewarding game. For the first time in a long time, I've needed to amend my tactics to suit the opponent. loving it!

I believed prior to the latest update that the big teams were overpowered, now with the latest ME update the smaller teams in the Prem so far seem more competitive, which creates a better balanced league table.

Great work SI

If anyone else is experiencing overheating or loud fan issues on matchdays with their MacBook Pros or retina machines could you also report this to the Mac bugs forum. Hopefully SI Games can gather as much information about the bug as they can and issue a fix as soon as possible.

At the moment I'm extremely disappointed in SI Games that this hasn't been addressed in the release candidate, particularly when the release date is tomorrow, and that there was no communication towards new MBP users that we would experience this issue for FM16.

SI officially support new MBPs and my machine clearly exceeds the minimum requirements so it's only natural that I feel cheated that I can't play the game without damaging my machine.

Anyone reported alt-tabbing out of the game causing game display issues? Like when i press continue and come back the processing screen stays on. Same case when i load a game and alt-tab out and back the loading display on top keeps showing even though it has been loaded. Only happened after this update.

as you can see it is stuck even though its not 'continuing' anymore. i can press space and click etc in the background.

http://i.imgur.com/xylYGuK.jpg

I have to say I'm pleased with the update.

Plus points,

Unlike FM15 the width of the pitch is truly used by attackers when asked and players in the center look for the wide men. The Gks are much improved especially when dealing with crosses, catching the ball rather than flapping at it. closing down and marking are also much better. There may be an issue with the positioning of fullbacks but I need more playing time to really see.

On the downside Gks recovery times are still poor as per fm15, they make a stop, palm/kick the ball away but they then stand still and rarely getting back into position to stop the follow up shot. Attackers in and around the penalty area shoot without thinking, shots are frequently blasted straight at players of either side standing in front of the striker, no attempt is made to craft a shooting chance, whether it's a defender from Barnet or Ronaldo. If I was being picky, long passes are too accurate, the passing stats ought to be split into general passing and long passing, very few players are really good long passers it's a skill in itself. Think of Hoddle, Brooking and Beckham. In FM even low passing ability defenders appear to pick out a long pass with ease.

Overall a vast improvement on fm15 and I'm really enjoying it

• Administrators
Anyone reported alt-tabbing out of the game causing game display issues? Like when i press continue and come back the processing screen stays on. Same case when i load a game and alt-tab out and back the loading display on top keeps showing even though it has been loaded. Only happened after this update.

as you can see it is stuck even though its not 'continuing' anymore. i can press space and click etc in the background.

http://i.imgur.com/xylYGuK.jpg

Read this as a workaround - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441084-The-Calendar-becomes-stuck-on-the-screen-after-I-ve-Alt-Tabbed-out-of-the-game-and-returned

Thanks.

Good Morning - I'm trying to download some short lists of the Steam Workshop and i cant implement them in game i know how its done but when i try and load/import short lists nothing appears.

I have also noticed that downloads has been greyed out so to speak is this something you are aware of' And will be have to wait for full release tomorrow for downloads to be activated.

Apologies if this has been answered already.

my left back Luca Antonelli is a left back. he is being trained to be a left back. my backroom team have just advised that he be put on an "individual training regime to work on the tactical role of fullback"

he already is!

the problems with training don't seem to have been sorted out by this update.

for whatever reason i still can't do screen shots

• Administrators
Good Morning - I'm trying to download some short lists of the Steam Workshop and i cant implement them in game i know how its done but when i try and load/import short lists nothing appears.

I have also noticed that downloads has been greyed out so to speak is this something you are aware of' And will be have to wait for full release tomorrow for downloads to be activated.

Yeah won't be activated until the game has been fully released.

my left back Luca Antonelli is a left back. he is being trained to be a left back. my backroom team have just advised that he be put on an "individual training regime to work on the tactical role of fullback"

he already is!

the problems with training don't seem to have been sorted out by this update.

for whatever reason i still can't do screen shots

It may say he is being trained as a LB I think you have to manually set it to the full back role? Also are you using the Steam Screenshots by pressing F12 rather than Print Screen?

Downloads on the main menu? Yeah, not active until full release.

As for the import issue, when you click load/save are you sure it is showing the right path to your edited files? i.e 'documents/si/tactics' for example?

It may say he is being trained as a LB I think you have to manually set it to the full back role? Also are you using the Steam Screenshots by pressing F12 rather than Print Screen?

he is on full back duty.

and i never knew F12 was a thing, thanks. now i've taken the screen shot how do i do anything with it?

I think the difficulty is spot on now. PLease SI don't nerf the difficulty, those 2-1 well worked and earned wins are much more enjoyable than thrashing every team 5-0.

I completely agree with this point. In previous versions it was too easy to get on a good run, with a team high on morale it felt as though you could send a team out and thrash anyone with weaker players. I love that you now have to earn your win, making changed based on whats happening in the match.

how do i upload it? does it get automatically stored in a steam folder or something?

yeah, after you quit game window will pop with sreenshots from last session, hit "view on disc" and you'll end up that folder

*edit* oh I forgot you can actually upload it straight to your steam account, not bother with other hostings

hi, just a quick question.

is this full back positioning problem a regular problem in the game or is it just something that happens rarely? Only because i want to start a new game but if this is a regular thing I feel it could be game breaking for me

I've just played a couple of games and have seen no problems with my wingbacks, I have them on attack duty, so that may be why, they still stay wide looking for the overlap.

Here's my feedback on my experiences so far.

The full backs issue - Yes, I think they defend narrow, but I'd say this is pretty standard behaviour for the modern full back. One goes narrow, the other goes wide, in a sliding defence. So, I don't have too much of an issue with this. I think there is perhaps an issue in terms of them anticipating the play and getting out to close down opposition wide players once the ball goes wide. It might just be that my players aren't that good, however.

Defending - Overall, I have to say I like it. It can be very frustrating to watch, but making space and getting a good shot away is tough. Lots of blocked shots. But then, I consider that true to life. It's a challenge, but I have to say 'Good job'.

Counter attacking - I don't consider it to be overpowered. I concede very few goals on the counter, and I play with attacking full backs. I also score very few goals on the counter! I think the issue here is that lots of people like the idea of playing some form of 4-3-3 with a high press. In reality, it's a very hard thing to do, and very few teams successfully pull it off. If your system invites counter attacking (players in the wide AM positions), you will concede on the counter.

General build up play - Overall, I like it. The way my players move the ball is much more realistic. Lots of long passes out wide, and a much more varied build up play. I have only played with lower league teams so far, so it might be my players, but I find that build up play can be slow and ponderous, even when playing at a high tempo.

Dribbling - Going round a defender is hard in reality, and it's a lot rarer than most people seem to think. Players generally only try it as a last resort. However, I could make some form of argument that it's been toned down a little too far. I see very few instances of attempted or successful dribbles. Just a gut feeling.

Free kicks - Really like some of the set plays, and an increase in goals from crosses free kicks is good to see.

Low scoring games - It might well be my tactics, and I'm not averse to anti-football, but in most of my games, both teams have fewer than ten attempts at goal, with five shots on target being a true rarity. I certainly haven't deliberately gone for such an approach (It's a reasonably balanced 4-5-1). I'm averaging less than a goal a game for and less than a goal a game against. I think even Tony Pulis' Stoke team did a little better than that! Seems just a little too extreme. I had a 3-3 and a 5-2 win, but most of my other games are 1-0 or 0-0.

hi, just a quick question.

is this full back positioning problem a regular problem in the game or is it just something that happens rarely? Only because i want to start a new game but if this is a regular thing I feel it could be game breaking for me

It does happen on a regular basis, but 1) it does happen for your opponent tooand 2) what happens is that they mostly can get an easy cross, which however is far from being a 100% goal (also because your fullback is now inside the area to defend the cross :) ). So while it is annoying, I think it does not change the overall balance of the game. It is by far the best match engine for release ever. I mean, there were MEs that were worse than this even after 5 patches in march of the next year. And this comes from a person that is so critical that it didn't play FM 08-15 "seriously" before December because of the bugs!

Here's my feedback on my experiences so far.

The full backs issue - Yes, I think they defend narrow, but I'd say this is pretty standard behaviour for the modern full back. One goes narrow, the other goes wide, in a sliding defence. So, I don't have too much of an issue with this. I think there is perhaps an issue in terms of them anticipating the play and getting out to close down opposition wide players once the ball goes wide. It might just be that my players aren't that good, however.

Defending - Overall, I have to say I like it. It can be very frustrating to watch, but making space and getting a good shot away is tough. Lots of blocked shots. But then, I consider that true to life. It's a challenge, but I have to say 'Good job'.

Counter attacking - I don't consider it to be overpowered. I concede very few goals on the counter, and I play with attacking full backs. I also score very few goals on the counter! I think the issue here is that lots of people like the idea of playing some form of 4-3-3 with a high press. In reality, it's a very hard thing to do, and very few teams successfully pull it off. If your system invites counter attacking (players in the wide AM positions), you will concede on the counter.

General build up play - Overall, I like it. The way my players move the ball is much more realistic. Lots of long passes out wide, and a much more varied build up play. I have only played with lower league teams so far, so it might be my players, but I find that build up play can be slow and ponderous, even when playing at a high tempo.

Dribbling - Going round a defender is hard in reality, and it's a lot rarer than most people seem to think. Players generally only try it as a last resort. However, I could make some form of argument that it's been toned down a little too far. I see very few instances of attempted or successful dribbles. Just a gut feeling.

Free kicks - Really like some of the set plays, and an increase in goals from crosses free kicks is good to see.

Low scoring games - It might well be my tactics, and I'm not averse to anti-football, but in most of my games, both teams have fewer than ten attempts at goal, with five shots on target being a true rarity. I certainly haven't deliberately gone for such an approach (It's a reasonably balanced 4-5-1). I'm averaging less than a goal a game for and less than a goal a game against. I think even Tony Pulis' Stoke team did a little better than that! Seems just a little too extreme. I had a 3-3 and a 5-2 win, but most of my other games are 1-0 or 0-0.

Just to add to your last point: You can finally have a solid defense out of the box with certain formations, which is good. Your 4-5-1 seems to mean you only have 1 player in the AM / ST strata, so I would expect nothing else. Also in real life there are teams (especially outside of England) that play with a lot of men behind the ball, and if they are half disciplined they can limit chances - the opponent's or their own. However this is also a thing of your form: I've been extremely solid with a 3-2-2-2-1 for the first half of the season, but in the second half I conceded a lot of goals, probably because teams adjusted (and I did not). Then once I played 4-2-3-1 and the match ended 4-3, so I think your tactical input does have an impact, which I like

I let ass man handle transfer targets and contract offers. I have been signing youths but he seems to offer teenagers squad rotation as squad status. Already 2 complained when i didn't select them for UCL lol.

I have had the exact same issue with a 16yo Italian. Playing as Real Madrid

Do I need to use custom set piece creator for my set pieces to become remotely dangerous? Because by default my players are completely inept at set pieces. In fact I'd say that I concede a good amount of goals when my player puts a cross from a setpiece which gets headed by defender straight for the counter. I've played 2 and a half seasons and have scored 2 corner goals and one free kick goal.

Just to add to your last point: You can finally have a solid defense out of the box with certain formations, which is good. Your 4-5-1 seems to mean you only have 1 player in the AM / ST strata, so I would expect nothing else. Also in real life there are teams (especially outside of England) that play with a lot of men behind the ball, and if they are half disciplined they can limit chances - the opponent's or their own. However this is also a thing of your form: I've been extremely solid with a 3-2-2-2-1 for the first half of the season, but in the second half I conceded a lot of goals, probably because teams adjusted (and I did not). Then once I played 4-2-3-1 and the match ended 4-3, so I think your tactical input does have an impact, which I like

Whilst I agree with you, and I accept I may not have it totally cracked, it's a 4-5-1 that is supposed to morph into a 4-2-3-1 when attacking. That is, three midfielders with an attack duty, as well as attacking full backs. Maybe I'm asking too much of players that aren't up to it. Time will tell. I'll have fun tinkering with it in any case. Overall, I like the ME.

There's a difference between things that annoy you, and things that aren't working properly. :)

Whilst I agree with you, and I accept I may not have it totally cracked, it's a 4-5-1 that is supposed to morph into a 4-2-3-1 when attacking. That is, three midfielders with an attack duty, as well as attacking full backs. Maybe I'm asking too much of players that aren't up to it. Time will tell. I'll have fun tinkering with it in any case. Overall, I like the ME.

There's a difference between things that annoy you, and things that aren't working properly. :)

Sure, I understand. It can depend on a lot of things, players, tactical familiarity etc. If the overall goal per match ratio is spot on (which it is in my league), it tells you that everything is working as it should and any goals too much or too little for your team are probably tactical. It was really too easy to score on FM 15 (and the impact was seen on the goals per match average), while on FM 16 you really have to risk something if you want to score 3 goals per match

Archived