Football Manager 2016 16.1.0 Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please upload even more examples :thup:

You are the only person in the whole of the public Beta to raise this so far, so either you are a lone voice or nobody else has seen it / been bothered to raise it. As ever, SI will focus attention on fixable issues where there is sufficient evidence to warrant attention.

Have to echo RTH's sentiments here Analog. Have to say, been waiting to see how many others might spot this. Keep uploading PKMs :thup:

When making a mangager avatar, if you choose the smiling version in one game, it always goes back to the not smiling one if you start a new game.

I think it changes based on how well you're doing. I'm currently doing quite well in my season and he's smiling. He also seems to have a bad moustache during November, no messages about it, only 1 player taking part in Movember.

It happens with newgens as well i believe.

I minimized the game having pressed "Continue" to search for sth in my browser and something weird happened when I reopened it. It was like the game was still processing, but I could click on stuff and the game responded, although the blurry "Processing" overlay was obstructing my view.

do not like it wear the players attributes are always highlighted.

Now you cant even select the no highlight option

and the players duty is always selected on defend so if hes a deep lying play maker or central midfielder and hes best duty is support it will all ways be on defend

HUM and CPU use the same match engine :brock:

Yes, but that actually a pretty big omission.

The data that the game and the Player can put into the ME is not the same. The game controlled team can do stuff, that's not possible to archive for players.

At the same time the game controlled teams doesn't have access to the full tactical system, because how would you program that to work well, it would be silly if it used some random chance for every tactical option.

The data that the game and the Player can put into the ME is not the same. The game controlled team can do stuff, that's not possible to archive for players.

At the same time the game controlled teams doesn't have access to the full tactical system, because how would you program that to work well, it would be silly if it used some random chance for every tactical option.

Incorrect on all levels. The AI has the same Tactics Creator access as we have. There is a long-standing FM myth that the AI has access to stuff that we don't, and it just is not true and I'm surprised that people still suggest that it is.

In game managers have tendencies to react in certain ways depending on the situation.. defence minded coaches will bring on another CB while drawing a game to see out a game, where as an attacking coach is more likely to throw on another striker to see the game off.

They use the same system we can as managers, the same options and the same instructions.

Please upload examples to the Bugs Forum where you feel this occurs. Please also detail your system: Formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties, TIs and PIs:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

Yes, I sent PKMS matches with Goals that after the upgrade stopped from happening, because of lack of fluidity, I think...

Question: where I post my tactic? Formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties, TIs and PIs?

sorry, even noticing the problem for a long time is the first time I do it.

• Administrators
:(Hi!After the 10 November 2015 update;what have you done to my players?They are flying.Can you give a hint to fix this?http://dai.ly/x3d8t3n

Do this in the exact order listed:

Delete Cache

Delete Preference

Reverify Cache

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Yes, I sent PKMS matches with Goals that after the upgrade stopped from happening, because of lack of fluidity, I think...

Question: where I post my tactic? Formation, Mentality, Team Shape, Roles, Duties, TIs and PIs?

sorry, even noticing the problem for a long time is the first time I do it.

I searched your post history and cannot see any sign of uploaded .pkms. It could be just because the search function on the forum is poor, but you haven't made many posts.

This is how to upload a .pkm:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

And this is where to create a thread detailing the name of the .pkm (and the time of the incidents), and all your tactical settings:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

No reply to the international management questions I posed in the other thread. So I'll repeat them here.

- Why is there no match preparation for international teams any more?

- Why don't we have the option to give players rest from training between qualifiers? (usually only 3 days apart, which means half the side can't play)

Now onto something else, I've been holidaying, seeing how the game develops over a number of years. One thing I've noticed is the severely poor attributes for retired players who turn into managers. Here are the ones that were actually 'good' enough to get jobs:

w1qpo4.jpg

ofo66w.png

157kuv6.png

2pt7bth.png

xfrhhc.png

2ir0z2a.png

wlajjt.png

- As you can all of them are poor judges of ability and talent.

- All of them are poor motivators

- All but one lack decent tactical knowledge

And this is just September 2021. Obviously going up against these types of managers would be a breeze for the human user. Really hope something can be done to improve these former players turning managers. I realise not all of them can become great managers, but a more balanced attribute set would be preferable.

No reply to the international management questions I posed in the other thread. So I'll repeat them here......

And this is just September 2021. Obviously going up against these types of managers would be a breeze for the human user. Really hope something can be done to improve these former players turning managers. I realise not all of them can become great managers, but a more balanced attribute set would be preferable.

You have a very valid point. Have you raised these in the bugs forum? If you raise them there, you will end up getting direct feedback from SI staff who deal with that area of the game. I'd suggest raising it here with a save game uploaded:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Play a game on it and let me know if you think there is one or not! :brock:

Played 4 games, my defenders are all better than Kompany in his best days, and my strikers that had more than a goal a game now all look like Wayne Rooney and Torres put together, seriously, in 2 games i had more than 15 shot's off target, it's so strange that i'm speechless, it's not tactics, the ball gets forward, everyone just seems incapable off finding the goal !!!

I searched your post history and cannot see any sign of uploaded .pkms. It could be just because the search function on the forum is poor, but you haven't made many posts.

This is how to upload a .pkm:

And this is where to create a thread detailing the name of the .pkm (and the time of the incidents), and all your tactical settings:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

ok, thanks, now i make a post.

in 2 games i had more than 15 shot's off target, it's so strange that i'm speechless, it's not tactics, the ball gets forward, everyone just seems incapable off finding the goal !!!

This sounds very Sam Allardyce ;)

If you feel there are issues with strikers finishing poorly, please raise then (supported with evidence) in the Match Engine section of the bugs forum.

I'm pretty sure the main difference between "Can play" and "Can partially play" in the scouting screen filters is that "Can play" means that the player is natural in a position, whereas "Can partially play" means that the player is at most accomplished.

Well, in this patch there is no difference. No players are filtered out when changing from the one to the other.

Played 4 games, my defenders are all better than Kompany in his best days, and my strikers that had more than a goal a game now all look like Wayne Rooney and Torres put together, seriously, in 2 games i had more than 15 shot's off target, it's so strange that i'm speechless, it's not tactics, the ball gets forward, everyone just seems incapable off finding the goal !!!

Yet, other people have been saying there are a load more goals scored now. Not just in this thread I might add.

Yet, other people have been saying there are a load more goals scored now. Not just in this thread I might add.

Lucky for them...

But even though i'm a bit lost in the attacking front, i feel that the ME is more fluid, looks like that, and i like a lot more to see my team defending, and building the plays from the defense, i just have to figure out the last third ;)

Have there been any player upgrades in the new patch? I know there's a balancing act with players ability but can't help feel that certain players like Vardy, Mamadou Sakho & Aubameyang to name but a few are pretty underrated

It didn't help,problem continues :(

I have seen such an issue before. This was however, back when I used to play fm10. I never managed to pinpoint the actual reason for players moving like this, as I assumed it was due to the graphics card my computer had at the time. Hope this helps clarify the issue a bit lol

You have a very valid point. Have you raised these in the bugs forum? If you raise them there, you will end up getting direct feedback from SI staff who deal with that area of the game. I'd suggest raising it here with a save game uploaded:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/436044

Ultras5314, please raise your issue in regards to both of these within our beta bugs forum here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/506-Other-Gameplay-Issues

Thanks.

Done, on both accounts. Game files uploaded as well.

regarding the EPL (without the editor unable to check instantly) has anyone got to find out what the TV deal is from 2016 onwards

or if a mod has a definitive answer that would be great

cheers

News item before start of season said £87 million per club, up from 56, and £1.1 million per live game, also up but can't remember old amount.

I have played 3 seasons and not a single penalty scored :p
I have seen a mix of missed, Saved and scored in my 2 seasons

I've been REALLY critical of many things about penalties in the past.

Whether or not pens are now "good" in the game, it's a HUGE step in the right direction. :thup:

16.0.x game continued in 16.1

Got FC Twente the Ed title and got headhunted by FC Barcelona on the day of the first Spanish Super Cup Leg, won it even while Olympic's and injuries gave me headaches to create a tactics around the players that was left and among those I had injuries and low condition to reduce the choices even more. Won 4-1 in the 16.0 ME.

Loaded up 16.1 and got ready for the second leg, Suarez decided he was put into the world to prevent our team from scoring and most of Real Madrid was motivated and my tactics had rough spots, so it wasn't looking good, but RM decided they were too cool to score and I finally tinkered my tactics into something sane and told the team to get their head out of their behind. Bam, two goals at the end of the second half. The tactical changes resulted in other players getting chances.

My Wing Backs Attack isn't getting silly scores so far and the ME seems fine, 3D view might be smoother than before.

A question was asked in the old thread about what manager I had created, I went with a maxed out one.

Not sure if this is a bug or not but i thought it only appeared when playing for a team struggling. Jordan Henderson has in his Club Happiness section that he will "strive to help club improve league position". I'm currently 3rd in the league and if i win my game in hand will go 2nd

News item before start of season said £87 million per club, up from 56, and £1.1 million per live game, also up but can't remember old amount.

that's about spot on many thanks....it was going to be top £80's possibly reaching £100m with overseas tv rights but that still hasn't been ratified so SI has it as just about right as things stand:)

cheers

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else or just me, But when in a game and i try to make a substitution (Off the match screen not via the drop down) i sometime can't do it because the players don't drag when i click on them, This has just happened since the update

Archived