[FM 16] Olympique de Marseille: Allez l'OM !!!

nico_france

That's an option yes, but a few of the above guys did sell for big money so I was wondering how they did it.

I think that the big money offers for him as gone with 16.3 - the most offers I had was in the region on £9m-£12m (after the update) I think - you did get higher offers before the update

And you don't get a homegrown quality defender/defensive midfielder for that price

Any player you transferlist will attract lower offers than if you don't transferlist him

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys! Just started a save with Marseille and really looking forward to getting stuck into it after reading this great thread. Squad can be excellent with a couple of key signings and suits the tactical direction I want to go in.

Just a question before I start....

With N'Koulou.... how do you sell? Transfer and List and Offer for big number early? Or wait for clubs to come in?

Hi Quinby and welcome in !

In my first OM save (without the last winter update) i sold him right away in the 1st transfer window, waiting for a bid and then ask back for big money and the team accepted,

Now i started over a new save with the last update and decided to keep him as teams don't bid that much on him now

He will accept to renew a contract on almost the same basis which worth it,

Enjoy your time in the Velodrome! ;)

Regarding Mandanda he will easily signs a new contract,

I didn't try to offload him at the start, so i don't know if you can get big numbers right away

But i did it at the end of the first season (not the the winter update patch), and didn't get big money for him, had to sell him under his market value unfortunately

I'm almost done with my first season in the last patch, so i will give you feedbacks as i intend to sell it in the sumemer

OM Season 2015/2016 (16.3.1Winter update)

Objectives of the save...

So i'm back on the track, a bit lately, to give Marseille a new breath after that horrible season IRL where we just avoid relegation last week...

We can still win against PSG in cup to "save" our season; but it had been a disaster, the squad is now in sale IRL and i truly hopr that we are going to have a serious buyer around which can pump huge money to compete with PSG

After that paranthesis, back to the FM world, it's simple, i want to break PSG dominance, and i have to be careful of squads like Monaco and Lyon

My priority is to focus on the domestic competition and the Ligue 1, if i can perform well in Europa League this would be a huge bonus, same story for domestic cups, bonus at least for this year as the squad is too tight and lacks of quality on the bench

I also want to rely on the existing squad and made few addition to it in my starting XI

Let's hope i will have

16.3 changes

With the latest patch, you have a few additions to the squad, hopefully, but nothing spectacular anyway, just 2 more loanies, a well known Marseille face first, Florian THAUVIN, who can play everywhere upfront and Steven FLETCHER who's going to provide depth to the striker area where Michy spent the mid season all alone...

Transfer budget has not changed from the release, so roughly you will be able to spend 6M€ on the market and will have some space for the wages

Shifting players away, like i used to do for NKOULOU in my previous save, no longer gives you that big money, so it's a different story to be written

Transfers

A new summer, and new faces to start with

As i don't like the type of striker FLETCHER is, i cancel his loan, same stuff for ISLA, as he's non EU, big earner and most of all not good for my standards

Transfers%20S1_zpsrbun9gd3.jpg

Shift players that i don't like IRL such as Alessandrini, Romao which is too old and the two hot prospect Boutobba and Porsan Clemente to get cash

Regarding the 2 young lads it's a tough decision, but in my previous saves they never reach their potential so better cash out, but it's the just the way i think

Regarding the new faces: ZIVKOVIC is still an absolute steal ;) and he performed well this year we'll see that later

I also brought BARBOSA in as i like pacey strikers, and he did ok with Michy upfront and on the right wing as well

FERNANDEZ is the typical argentinian BWM and like it ! Very young and cheap, he had a good season and is developping well,

As i'm going to sell Mandanda at the end of the season, i needed to invest on a hot french prospect for the future, as i result i cashed in young Toulouse hot propsect Alban LAFONT a 16 y/o GK which has the potential to be a world beater, already had game time with me and he's tutored by Mandanda

The 3 others signings are options for the future

I also have brazilian starlet LINCOLN on his way for a tiny fee when he'll turn 18, and BIRAGHI (Inter) and BENASSI (Torino) joining on a free as free agents

A good activity, focus on youth as usual,

Tactic

Starting%20XI_zpsnq3sjet2.jpg

I was a bit disappointed in my previous save of Lucas SILVA impact, as a result i changed my set up and tactic to this one with always a strong midfield and good quality upfront

I got a lot of possession with this set up, as Diarra and Silva make a wonderful job, and Silva scored me insane goals out of the box

Barrada kept Cabella out of the squad, assisting for fun all year long

Mendy and Manquillo had been IMMENSE on the flanks

O'campos is still a monster IG, banging and assisting for fun, i wish he could have half of his FM talent Irl ;)

Most of all, i kept 90% of the original squad, and even start with NKOUDOU at the AML spot while ZIVKOVIC was injured

At least you see that you can do something really interesting in the short term with that existing squad

Season overall

OM%202015%20review_zps3ipsxmw7.jpg

As you can check the main objective is secure PSG DID NOT WIN the Ligue 1 :)

I must admit that i won it with realtive ease, that tactic perfectly suited my team and i'm going to stick with it for the next seasons,

Our thrilling win agaist PSG at home had been a good indication of our force this year, had been surprisingly trashed by Lyon away when i blast them home anyway

As usual, knocked out from the Europa League after two poor matches against Lazio, lost 1:0 away and 0:0 home, i wish i would be more efficient in Champions League next year

I also secured the Coupe de la Ligue, facing the terrific Guingamp team in final ;)

A very good first season with lots of satisfactions!

League table

End%20of%20S1_zpsfw7umv6n.jpg

Monaco and most of all OGCN had an awful season, Ben Arfa is going to be happy as he renewed with them for 3 more seasons ;)

PSG performed quite poorly, and i do think that's going to be really difficult to secure the title next season as they're ging to splash the cash,

Players awards

Team of the season

OM%20team%20of%20the%20year_zpsmfgmyz1x.jpg

Best rookie

Rookie%20S1_zpsgmwyferq.jpg

His value already rised at 20M€...

Best assits man

Best%20assist%20man_zpsizbjawzy.jpg

MENDY had been called by Deschamps for the Euro, his value rised to 19M€...

That's all for the moment !

I'm now going to check the transfer market, i will need to find a good replacement for SILVA, to get a new CB as i'm going to loan DORIA out for one more season in Spain to get his 2nd nationality, and to decide or not to buy MANQUILLO which had been immense so far

Just finished my second season as Marseille manager

The first 6 months or so must have been the worst I've ever tried as manager going between nr 11 and nr 16 - crises talks with the board trying to convince them not to sack me - But then mid January it turned around and i managed to climb to 3rd in table when the season finished

Going into the second season - despite having qualified for the Champions League by two draws against Basel, I made the league the nr 1 priority. The reserves started by b*tch slapping Barcalona 5-1, then added another win with 2-1 against Midtjylland, two defeats against Benfica and one against Barca followed, before another win against Midtjylland moved us to 2nd in the group and the knock out stage where Bayern Munich proved to strong for my reserve side

The league cup was won with a 2-0 win against Racing Club de Lens, while a very very defensive QSG side managed to scrap a 1-1 to penalties against me despite totally dominating them in the French cup final and then winning

The decision to prioritize the league proved a wise move

BqqRkwH.png

As shown it was pretty convincing, The team was flying in the league setting a new league record for most points - with QSG and Lyon a fair bit away in the league and Monaco totally lost

The team were honored at the end of the season

SeolE0w.png

ZGmjy7h.png

9ojqLnR.png

NkW4Qp8.png

JkGfam1.png

EHBn8TN.png

OM Season 2015/2016 (16.3.1Winter update)

Objectives of the save...

So i'm back on the track, a bit lately, to give Marseille a new breath after that horrible season IRL where we just avoid relegation last week...

We can still win against PSG in cup to "save" our season; but it had been a disaster, the squad is now in sale IRL and i truly hopr that we are going to have a serious buyer around which can pump huge money to compete with PSG

After that paranthesis, back to the FM world, it's simple, i want to break PSG dominance, and i have to be careful of squads like Monaco and Lyon

My priority is to focus on the domestic competition and the Ligue 1, if i can perform well in Europa League this would be a huge bonus, same story for domestic cups, bonus at least for this year as the squad is too tight and lacks of quality on the bench

I also want to rely on the existing squad and made few addition to it in my starting XI

Let's hope i will have

16.3 changes

With the latest patch, you have a few additions to the squad, hopefully, but nothing spectacular anyway, just 2 more loanies, a well known Marseille face first, Florian THAUVIN, who can play everywhere upfront and Steven FLETCHER who's going to provide depth to the striker area where Michy spent the mid season all alone...

Transfer budget has not changed from the release, so roughly you will be able to spend 6M€ on the market and will have some space for the wages

Shifting players away, like i used to do for NKOULOU in my previous save, no longer gives you that big money, so it's a different story to be written

Transfers

A new summer, and new faces to start with

As i don't like the type of striker FLETCHER is, i cancel his loan, same stuff for ISLA, as he's non EU, big earner and most of all not good for my standards

Transfers%20S1_zpsrbun9gd3.jpg

Shift players that i don't like IRL such as Alessandrini, Romao which is too old and the two hot prospect Boutobba and Porsan Clemente to get cash

Regarding the 2 young lads it's a tough decision, but in my previous saves they never reach their potential so better cash out, but it's the just the way i think

Regarding the new faces: ZIVKOVIC is still an absolute steal ;) and he performed well this year we'll see that later

I also brought BARBOSA in as i like pacey strikers, and he did ok with Michy upfront and on the right wing as well

FERNANDEZ is the typical argentinian BWM and like it ! Very young and cheap, he had a good season and is developping well,

As i'm going to sell Mandanda at the end of the season, i needed to invest on a hot french prospect for the future, as i result i cashed in young Toulouse hot propsect Alban LAFONT a 16 y/o GK which has the potential to be a world beater, already had game time with me and he's tutored by Mandanda

The 3 others signings are options for the future

I also have brazilian starlet LINCOLN on his way for a tiny fee when he'll turn 18, and BIRAGHI (Inter) and BENASSI (Torino) joining on a free as free agents

A good activity, focus on youth as usual,

Tactic

Starting%20XI_zpsnq3sjet2.jpg

I was a bit disappointed in my previous save of Lucas SILVA impact, as a result i changed my set up and tactic to this one with always a strong midfield and good quality upfront

I got a lot of possession with this set up, as Diarra and Silva make a wonderful job, and Silva scored me insane goals out of the box

Barrada kept Cabella out of the squad, assisting for fun all year long

Mendy and Manquillo had been IMMENSE on the flanks

O'campos is still a monster IG, banging and assisting for fun, i wish he could have half of his FM talent Irl ;)

Most of all, i kept 90% of the original squad, and even start with NKOUDOU at the AML spot while ZIVKOVIC was injured

At least you see that you can do something really interesting in the short term with that existing squad

Season overall

OM%202015%20review_zps3ipsxmw7.jpg

As you can check the main objective is secure PSG DID NOT WIN the Ligue 1 :)

I must admit that i won it with realtive ease, that tactic perfectly suited my team and i'm going to stick with it for the next seasons,

Our thrilling win agaist PSG at home had been a good indication of our force this year, had been surprisingly trashed by Lyon away when i blast them home anyway

As usual, knocked out from the Europa League after two poor matches against Lazio, lost 1:0 away and 0:0 home, i wish i would be more efficient in Champions League next year

I also secured the Coupe de la Ligue, facing the terrific Guingamp team in final ;)

A very good first season with lots of satisfactions!

League table

End%20of%20S1_zpsfw7umv6n.jpg

Monaco and most of all OGCN had an awful season, Ben Arfa is going to be happy as he renewed with them for 3 more seasons ;)

PSG performed quite poorly, and i do think that's going to be really difficult to secure the title next season as they're ging to splash the cash,

Players awards

Team of the season

OM%20team%20of%20the%20year_zpsmfgmyz1x.jpg

Best rookie

Rookie%20S1_zpsgmwyferq.jpg

His value already rised at 20M€...

Best assits man

Best%20assist%20man_zpsizbjawzy.jpg

MENDY had been called by Deschamps for the Euro, his value rised to 19M€...

That's all for the moment !

I'm now going to check the transfer market, i will need to find a good replacement for SILVA, to get a new CB as i'm going to loan DORIA out for one more season in Spain to get his 2nd nationality, and to decide or not to buy MANQUILLO which had been immense so far

That is a really impressive first season - well done :D

Thanks DKB?

Hope i Will be even better next season!

Cabella had been superb with you!!!

I m going to buy him anyway, his release clause is so cheap

I saw that you liked Bordeaux young right FB ?, Guilbert is very interesting

How much did you pay for Lukaku? Quite curious?

You had a very Nice 2nd season, hope that you Will improve in CL as well!

It s weird as Monaco is awful in our saves, they have such a nice team Imo

I m trying to get Lemar but they ask for silly money,

I really look forward to hearing from your 3rd season !

Thanks DKB

Hope i Will be even better next season!

Cabella had been superb with you!!!

I m going to buy him anyway, his release clause is so cheap

I saw that you liked Bordeaux young right FB , Guilbert is very interesting

How much did you pay for Lukaku? Quite curious

You had a very Nice 2nd season, hope that you Will improve in CL as well!

It s weird as Monaco is awful in our saves, they have such a nice team Imo

I m trying to get Lemar but they ask for silly money,

I really look forward to hearing from your 3rd season !

Guilbert was called up and capped by France in his first season with me (season two) 2 caps - 2 goals for France - was brought in as back up to Djedje, until I discovered that Djedje's passing is fairly bad for a player at this lvl, so he was sold on, I then bought Gajic as my new right back, but an injury to him gave Guilbert the chance and he has taken it (Bordeaux were relegated in season one, so could get them fairly cheap Guilbert £3.5m and Gajic £2.3m)

I paid £20.5m upfront with some hefty add ons - going to pay Everton £7.5m in 15 matches time and the same after another £7.5m after another 12 International matches + £7.5m in rates for the next 3 years (so must have been £10m from the start of the transfer) + 20% of the profit of the next transfer to Everton + 5% of the next transfer to Lukaku - Yes I was desperate to sign him, but 39 goals in 39(2) matches in his first season is a pretty decent return

@nico

you sold Bilal and Porsan-Clemente, why oh why???

almost made me sad when I saw that

I know it could be considered as a weird move, the fact is that in my previous save, they both did not break into the 1st team and did not develop in top players for my side where i used to have far better options

As a result i prefer to get cash for them + extra bonus on the future sale on

I agree this is not something which needs to be Absolutely made but this allows me to get young players with massive impact right away

Porsan-Clemente is better than Michy for me now, scored 28 goals in 3rd season.

Boutobba has been a bit of a disappointment though, might sell him at the end of this season.

How has Maxime Lopez done for you guys, absolute beast for me!

Porsan-Clemente spend second season out on loan and is progressing very well, will start at Nantes in season 3 where he is promised first team football. With Lukaku, Michy infront if him there were noreal chanceof getting regular first team football this season but his time will come, so when Porto agreed to loan me Andre Silva for anorther season for free Nantes seems like the perfect place to progre with their history of bringing through young players. He will be joined there by Bilal. Ødegaard were still on £8.25m min clause and interested in joining and when Real offered him a new contract I had to move, so Roman will get a other season in the rigt wing as first choice before been move on with Ødegaard ready to step in with Bilal ready to be backup. Lopez will also be sent out on loan, with Cabella in the form he is in and a very progressed Lincoln joined in the summer he will have to get first team football somewhere else next season

Porsan-Clemente is better than Michy for me now, scored 28 goals in 3rd season.

Boutobba has been a bit of a disappointment though, might sell him at the end of this season.

How has Maxime Lopez done for you guys, absolute beast for me!

Hi Thomas,

For the moment Lopez is out on loan where he got game time

In my previous save he did not make it to the 1st squad as well and he left the club on a free

If you can make a screenie of Lopez that would be interesting to see how he is now ?

Glad you had some great success with porsan clemente, i never trusted him and most of all i got michy and Pavon firing in my old save so it was difficult for me to give him space

How is Sparagna doing for you? By far the one of the young Marseille players that get the most senior football for my side, being 3/4 choice at CB and still room to improve

Guilbert was called up and capped by France in his first season with me (season two) 2 caps - 2 goals for France - was brought in as back up to Djedje, until I discovered that Djedje's passing is fairly bad for a player at this lvl, so he was sold on, I then bought Gajic as my new right back, but an injury to him gave Guilbert the chance and he has taken it (Bordeaux were relegated in season one, so could get them fairly cheap Guilbert £3.5m and Gajic £2.3m)

I paid £20.5m upfront with some hefty add ons - going to pay Everton £7.5m in 15 matches time and the same after another £7.5m after another 12 International matches + £7.5m in rates for the next 3 years (so must have been £10m from the start of the transfer) + 20% of the profit of the next transfer to Everton + 5% of the next transfer to Lukaku - Yes I was desperate to sign him, but 39 goals in 39(2) matches in his first season is a pretty decent return

Lukaku is Marseille history for now, finances wasn't looking to good and with a certain £7.5m payment on him in the waiting doing the season it would have gone really bad, so £47m and some add ons to us and the Belgium wonder to Man U

So Giovani Simeone has been brought in for £6m, so £40m+ profit on those deals - he will start as back up for Michy but lets see how he will performs

Hi Thomas,

For the moment Lopez is out on loan where he got game time

In my previous save he did not make it to the 1st squad as well and he left the club on a free

If you can make a screenie of Lopez that would be interesting to see how he is now

Glad you had some great success with porsan clemente, i never trusted him and most of all i got michy and Pavon firing in my old save so it was difficult for me to give him space

F46935F0CFC9667792511D3814A85A9FBF738B4C

7181C6EE4A2CC21ECD6DC30E9554F39DD86451CD

Hmm QSG responds to my championship by having a net spending of £98 in the summer transfer window, compared to my net proftit of £52m

My major moves

In:

Lincoln £12m

Martin Ødegaard £8.25m

Giovani Simeone £6m

Jeff Reine-Adelaide £23.5m

Out:

Mandanda £3.7m (I know that is its a huge financial transfer, but good bye to an institution in Marseille, but he lost his place to Rajkovic doing the season and couldn't have a£60k player on the bench)

Tonny Trindada de Vilhena £14.5m

Isaac Succes £18m

Lukaku £47m + loads of add ons

Diego Rolan £15.5m + loads of add ons

How is Sparagna doing for you? By far the one of the young Marseille players that get the most senior football for my side, being 3/4 choice at CB and still room to improve

He s out on loan for my first season

May keep him for my 1st team as back up, but for me he s not good enough to make it to the first team

That s a pity you Had to sell Lukaku, such a beast, i wish Simeone will be a good move

The 2 lads had developed quite well for you Thomas, i may try to play Lopez more next season

I could not play this week end,

I guess i will go further in my save this week?

He s out on loan for my first season

May keep him for my 1st team as back up, but for me he s not good enough to make it to the first team

That s a pity you Had to sell Lukaku, such a beast, i wish Simeone will be a good move

The 2 lads had developed quite well for you Thomas, i may try to play Lopez more next season

I could not play this week end,

I guess i will go further in my save this week

So far I can't complain 7 goals in 4(1) matches

I had major problem in season 3 after getting knocked out of the champions cup group stages, and went into the euro cup, as in the winter transfer window everyone who wanted to sign the likes of Mendy, Talisca, Romero, Wimmer were champions league and they all started moaning about leaving..

The hardest part i think of managing in France (apart from PSG) is that every other decent team in Italy, Germany, Spain or England seems to be a much better prospect for my players because of being a higher reputation league.

OM Season 2016/2017 (16.3.1Winter update)

Objectives of the season...

First of all i really want to retain the Ligue 1 trophy, this will be my priority

I need to improve the squad in order to be more efficient in Europe this year as we are with the big boys this time,

Hopefully we will try to lift the French cups as well so PSG won't have a lot of trophies to put on their shelves ;)

Transfers In

Lots of improvements there, i try not to spend silly amount even if i had to splash on MAIA, but i'm covered for the next decade with that lad!

1894cf012c88f589ede044b933dbcabd.png

For the new faces: ROMERO had been brought in to replace SILVA which is now back in Madrid to be my regista, his dual nationality is very useful for the french rules, had been very reliable, as usual

I also brought CABELLA and MANQUILLO triggering their release clause, i don't regret it all, even if i had been unlucky with the spanish lad (who is now a Spain A player) as he had a five months injury (reason why i brought DEBUCHY in January

BARTRA was transfer listed for half of his value, so it was too good to refuse, and as i have Doria out on loan to get his spanish nationality i needed a quality CB, brought JONES from MU on loan to get a nice cover

SISTO is one of my favorite winger in the game, always reliable, he played far more than expected dur to OCAMPOS injuries, a really solid season for him

I also have the french starlet ADELAIDE to provide competition to ZIVKOVIC on the left wing, he can play on the right spot as well, he didn't spend a good season , i may send him on a loan for the next one as i have 3 free top quality wingers incoming

Brought the dutch GK ZOET for a decent fee, good performer and tutor for LAFONT which is my first choice

BELLA is a solid CB regen from argentina, and RENAN a DM with loads of potential,

Really happy with these new lads, even the freebies were solid but BENASSI picked up a 9 month injury at the end of the season...

Transfers Out

b3c8fe96f4d7850dd654abf7336303c5.png

Good deals out there, sad to sell Mandanda but he was my big earner, that kind money was interesting for him

Pleased with the Barrada deal, may be cagliari got a tycoon, i don't know but who cares :)

Shif all the deadwood including the young lads, so i gaot a decent amount of cash in

Season overall

08bbbfd0591f09331079e650ea20a2f5.png

Main objective achieved, one more Ligue 1 on our shelves !

It's weird as i got less points than last season and i dropped points against the ones from the bottom, Bordeaux, Troyes, Reims...

I'm lucky that PSG is still underperforming but i really need to improve my self otherwise i won't secure one more title

Our Champions League was running smoothly, first of the group with 15 points, drawn Man City...A loss away 3:0 which was too hard to cope home where we just won 1:0, an absolute objective for the next season, i need to be a dominant force in Europe as well

What can i say about that Coupe de la Ligue semi final...

We drew PSG home which was a really good stuff, and then we had THE SIRIGU, impossible to score a single goal, lost on penalties sadly, there are games like that, you all know it...

Time for revenge in the France Cup Final ! An easy 2:0 secured by LINCOLN and SISTO, had to play that game with OCAMPOS as striker; i got both Michy and Barbosa out

Pleasant season anyway, disappointed by that loss against PSG for the Coupe de la Ligue and most of all for our knock out games again Man City (where Guardiola had just been fired at the end of the season ;))

League table

c87673db795e7f0622044d3941899d04.png

Best attack and best defence :)

Still a really disappointing Monaco this year, i really don't understand how it can be possible two years in a row...

Lyon is still very solid and made some nice moves on the transfer market

I still don't understand how on earth i lost against Reims, Bordeaux, Troyes and le Havre...

Players awards

Team of the season

436db4467c2e9e4f7cbb86631a9b39df.png

Best rookie

f0f6adf76ead0a30d1630d60aa11bad8.png

Never disappointed with him

Top scorer+player of the season

fed414f6dc8045a1149500348ec937b0.png

When i got Michy on my side, everything becomes esaier...btw quite sad that he's leaving us this summer IRL :(

75dd48870ac94a5681a3d10d313a964c.png

CABELLA was not that far, price tag 25M€ ;)

Gk of the season

So now, let me introduce you the french Donnarumma for that patch, first time ever i signed him, and i think i'm covered for a couple of years ;)

Far less cheaper than the new Buffon, but i'm convinced that he will develop on a top GK

103ad183990a084b4280832a375e63a9.png

For memories, i bought it in January 2016,

Both Mandanda and Zoet had tutored him

He's my number one GK

36afb2b62ad2432603ac31de8659aa4a.png

After one year and a half under my management, promising...

Objectives for the next season

-Improve my run in Europe

-Lift all the french trophies

Enjoy your saves !

I had major problem in season 3 after getting knocked out of the champions cup group stages, and went into the euro cup, as in the winter transfer window everyone who wanted to sign the likes of Mendy, Talisca, Romero, Wimmer were champions league and they all started moaning about leaving..

The hardest part i think of managing in France (apart from PSG) is that every other decent team in Italy, Germany, Spain or England seems to be a much better prospect for my players because of being a higher reputation league.

Once Marseille reached a worldwide rep (which is really doable quickly) , you won't get that kind of behaviour from your players, except the likes of Europe Giants (Barca, Real...)

Try to speak with them, telling them you will offer them Champions League football next year etc etc,

Ask your captain to talk to them as well,

You should be able not to sell the ones you don't want to playing with Marseille

I had the same issue with Rekik after his brilliant 1st season where i got Real bidding on him, i reject everything and let him on the pitch anyway, then he wanted to remain, just need to keep them playing and they will stop moaning

Yeah its a case of tactically outplaying PSG in the league at the moment as I can't get the world class players they are buying every season to win the league :( most are fine though cause i can promise champions league this season

congrats on winning the league again, good to see i'm not the only one struggling against considerably weaker teams :p

• 3 weeks later...

OM Season 2017/2018 (16.3.1Winter update)

Objectives of the season...

-Secure one more Ligue 1, still the priority

-Improve my run in Champions League

-Lift all domestic cups

Transfers In

6678c26b9affa64dd2623c1caacafa1c.png

For the new faces: AJER had been brought in from Celtic for a very reassonable fee to replace ROMERO which is now injured in Liverpool ;)

He will be my new regista for many years to come

I also brought ESPINOZA, BARBONA and LOZANO on a free, all great players, but due to french rules i had to loan the first two, they might be sold if good money come for them, the mexican winger is the only one remaining, very useful player as he can cover both wings

GARCIAis a young portugese left full back, he's providing good competition for MENDY, and most of all the fee is not too scandalous for that quality

JEDVAJ was surprisingly transfer listed by his club, the occasio was too good to refuse, may replace MANQUILLO on the right wing of my defence really soon

I also have the norvegian wonderkid ODEGAARD on loan to provide competition to LINCOLN for the #10 spot , he performed very well, but unfortunately Madrid won't negociate a reasonnable fee, i may try to keep him one more season if i don't fin any other suitable solution

Dutch hot prospect BAZOER is a solid DM/REGISTA from AJAX, he's not my starter so far, can be helpful on the CB spot aswell

All the rest are regens SOULARD seems so immense, very excited for this great kid

c558ee9d62ce3a71d50b600e67c03fba.png

Transfers Out

190ca74a67455dedabdbf6ffe9180b41.png

As usual tons of freebies out from either reserve and U19

A few big moves, ROMERO, out for 45M + others bonuses to Liverpool, he asked for a move and was quite angry, he got a 6 month injury there ;)

As i annouced it in the past review, CABELLA was a transfer candidate for this year, bought 8M, sold 30M straight to AC MILAN, not bad

BARTRA Also left the club during January, he was complaining for his lack of first team football, Wolfsburg came in with 16,5M€ + tons of bonus

Season overall

b75d23cd6eba06a86b8ca0a7aaafac41.png

Another Ligue 1 on our shelves !!

Quite an easy run, i wish Blanc will manage PSG for ever as they are not able to lift the Ligue 1 :)

One more Coupe de la Ligue!! Against our best ennemy PSG, 1-0 after extra time, secured by Gabigol !

On the other hand, we sadly lost in final against PSG once again, 3-1....

Good season anyway, still room to improve for the next one at least ;))

League table

7860e594a2ea1bde70799e63a46e8373.png

Still an easy run in the end, was like 3 points behind PSG in December and then, their form dumped, mine was still good but 15 pts difference is quite confortable

PSG sign Morata, Embolo, Lukaku, and Aubameyang, just to make you understand the kind of the strike force they have, Blanc is still in...

The others teams are competitive as well, happy to see Monaco back in Europe...

Champions League Run

64e4e4b22265cb75a447badc311db212.png

We face some big boys right away, delighted by Bayern reaction, but on the other hand we had been quite unlucky against Madrid (H) where we had been able to score a lot of goals and conceed in the last 15min

Come back of the season and may be of my whole FM career

74135c57dd8a73909d2cc4e680536fb7.png

We were losing 4-1 away at 71st minute and then scored 4 goals in 15 minutes, what a win!!!!

I guess you saw that our former hot prospect Boutobba, had been quite effective :)

Players awards

Team of the season

be9414826e2e59f196068f060beb5ce0.png

Best rookie

9de2410360c9083901ca98890ba6c817.png

Well it seems that Romero had been well replaced

Top scorer

50f144e97662b87eee6b57bda68d7e3a.png

Still Michy....

Player of the season

de1da4d0e130411629498873d3130fbf.png

After getting the best rookie award before, he's now the best player of the league congrats to him

Players in progress

8a3092e33e2e96542cc783f1a807c24b.png

Still in progress, and still #1 for the spot,

Should be the next Barthez i think and hope!

Objectives for the next season

-At least a semi final in Champions League

-Retain one more Ligue 1

Enjoy your saves !

Wauw Soulard looks to amazing, would put him on roaming playmaker to up his natural fitness (and then add tackling or more positioning, if you want to turn defensive), other than that he is just crazy

Very well done with the season, Labant looks promising as well

Wauw Soulard looks to amazing, would put him on roaming playmaker to up his natural fitness (and then add tackling or more positioning, if you want to turn defensive), other than that he is just crazy

Very well done with the season, Labant looks promising as well

Must reckon, one of my best regen ever seen, most of all atthis age, might train him as a regista or DLP he'll be tutored by Diarra

Lafont will be pretty solid as well, one signing i can hardly recommend for any side

Must reckon, one of my best regen ever seen, most of all atthis age, might train him as a regista or DLP he'll be tutored by Diarra

Lafont will be pretty solid as well, one signing i can hardly recommend for any side

DLP won't get his natural fitness, anti or concentration up, which comes in handy if you are going to play him with defensive duties/in DMC - Regista training would be far better IMO if it was between those two as he already have more than average physical stats (not including the natural stamina)

but again I would put him on roaming playmaker training (even though he might not play him as such) it brings up his anticipation, composure, concentration, natural fitness, etc etc. It does miss the teamwork, but with him already 18 there it shouldn't be a problem - try and put him on that and then add tackling, and see what stats it focus on. I've all my central midfielders (attacking and defending) on that and then add tackling if the are defensive (in DMC position) or quickness or dribling if in MC. Round the players brilliant IMO

• 2 weeks later...
2341780E7E58F2FB6C07CA3F77394C52169870F1

Bit harsh to say we underperformed considering we missed out on the last day by two points, and overachieved massivley in the Champions Cup..

Brest please ?

At least you brought the champions league back to the Vélodrome!

You' ll win the title next year!

Very good job in any case!

Brest please

At least you brought the champions league back to the Vélodrome!

You' ll win the title next year!

Very good job in any case!

That was a horrific game to watch, tactically there was very little I could say we did wrong, they just played an absolute worldie of a game.

Hopefully we can finally get that league title back next season, though PSG have spent big this summer so far so as always, it's not going to be easy

• 1 month later...

I have picked up this save again from before and we are through the first part of the season, sitting at 32 points at 4th.

1. Stade Rennais - 45 pts

2. PSG - 34 pts

3. Lyon - 33 pts

4. OM - 32 pts

We lost our last two games in December dropping easy points but it seems we are out of our bad form again. We lost to Le Havre in the Coupe de la Ligue but beat Montpellier in penalties in the 9th round of the Coupe de France.

I have added Gouffran from Newcastle to our ranks for slightly over a million EUR as Lucas Ocampos is still out for 3 months (probably till the end of the season) and neither Nkoudou nor Sarr nor Allessandrini can play my desired AMR Winger role.

Current Starting 11 (backups):

ST: Michy (Ji-Dong)

AML: Allesandrini (Nkoudou)

AMC: Remy (Barrada)

AMR: Gouffran (Nkoudou)

MC: Meli (Lucas Silva)

DM: Lass (Romao)

LB: Mendy (De Ceglie)

CDL: Loic Perrin (Sparranga)

CDR: Rolando (Rekik)

RB: Djedje (Javi)

GK: Mandanda (Pele)

I am looking to sell Diaby (while he is not injured), Sarr (not good enough) and will need a new backup striker or someone to challenge Michy in the summer. Ji-Dong had several starts and came in as a sub but has yet to score. If I lose Michy I am pretty much relying on Remy to score (hopefully Gouffran will help there, as I used him in a previous save with Newcastle and he is actually quite good if used correctly).

I brought in Remy permanently for his EUR 8mn, and tried the same for Javi but he committed to Atletico. I would love to make my two midfield players Lucas Silva and Meli but Lucas Silva might be too costly (I love his long shots and attacking movement). I need replacements for De Ceglie, Javi, Lucas Silva in the summer and am planning to sell Romao then as well.

The craziest feature in your save Tyro is Rennes trashing the league ! :D

Completely agree for Lucas Silva, such an insane player out side the box, great shots from him

Unfortunately Madrid Will ask silly money for him which is not realistic

hope you Will end up in the CL spot :cool:

Yes, I know. I am still amazed that they even keep PSG away. I played them recently and lost 1-0. They weren't really "good" but managed to score from a set piece and defended deep.

Sometimes that is all you need to do.

• 5 weeks later...

Dear Sirs,

Important statement,

Be prepared for the next season,

The IRL squad for 2016/2017 is absolutely awful BUT a new owner Franck Mc Court, had taken over the club yesterday, with the objective to compete with PSG, investing a huge amount of money for that :hammer:

Get ready for the new Olympique de Marseille !!! :cool::cool:

As the closing of the deal is scheduled for winter 2016/17, I guess we will not know the exact amount McCourt is willing to invest for FM17. Maybe for FM18?

And let's hope he does actually invest. The L.A. Dodgers might tell us a tale about how everything went quite a bit different last time...

• 1 month later...

BREAKING

Olympique de Marseille has now a new boss !!

Mr Franck Mc Court, American billionaire, has officially bought the club today 

He has high ambitions for the club (in France and in Europe) and will pump the money needed to achieve these goals.

Hope you guys will implement this for the release with the correct background of investor !

1 hour ago, nico_france said:

BREAKING

Olympique de Marseille has now a new boss !!

Mr Franck Mc Court, American billionaire, has officially bought the club today 

He has high ambitions for the club (in France and in Europe) and will pump the money needed to achieve these goals.

Hope you guys will implement this for the release with the correct background of investor !

let hope so, going by hearsay he is there to clean out the club, and leave it penniless. hopefully it has nothing in it

Archived