[FM 16] Olympique de Marseille: Allez l'OM !!!

nico_france

I'm facing the sack i'm 17th after 10 games on 10 points just been told by the board 11 points from the next 5 games. Can't get my tactics from FM15 to work on FM16. I'm playing the ball out from the back with a high line short passes. Hasn't helped having Lucas Romero and Silva and Mammana always picking up knocks.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick update for my current tactic,

You don't have the whole thing as i tweaked each player, Free kick combination and stuff, but at least it's a good start

Switched the game in english, easier for the roles and duties i think, hope this will help

Keep it up Luis, you can't be sacked !

Hoarau, Meli is a real strong player i experienced in the past, but he doesn't have passport, so i think you should stick to Romero

Team set up

OM%20current%20tactic_zpst46r0rmn.jpg

Team instructions

team%20instructions%20om_zpsvll9iisx.jpg

The Marseille fans are hating me..... Sold Mandanda aswell now!

He made me do it though, he refused to talk terms on a new deal.. Off to Benfica you go.

**EDIT** Oh an I love Porsan-Clemente, first league game of the season drawing 1-1 with Cean and he slips in an 89th minute winner!

My Transfers 1st Window - No Intention of making anymore or selling anyone else.

msa2dT7.png

I've had a good Pre Season, Michy has scored 26 Goals so far in Pre Season - Lets hope he continues in this way when the real games start.

Trying a mixture of Fiorentina & France 1982 (May have got the year wrong)

PpKErd4.png

I like the 3 at the back and packing the Centre Mid - Will see how it goes

This will be my final OM attempt - Lets get this rocking!

Varying results from you guys, an enjoyable read though.

Pleased to see JPC get a mention. There are always so many good young prospects in France - and plenty more to find in Africa that would be realistic signings ;)

Don't hold out on me! You know I love a unknown, young bargain...

The Marseille fans are hating me..... Sold Mandanda aswell now!

He made me do it though, he refused to talk terms on a new deal.. Off to Benfica you go.

**EDIT** Oh an I love Porsan-Clemente, first league game of the season drawing 1-1 with Cean and he slips in an 89th minute winner!

He came off the bench for me against St Etienne and scored twice super sub!!!

What reputation did you lads use on your manager profile? I used semi pro football but once something went wrong the players turned and couldn't get the back onside.

End of the season 2016/2017

Here we are, it had been a very long and exciting season, you'll see what's going on...

Domestic Competitions

Ligue 1

So we start by a bad news...PSG thrashed the league

PSG%20won%20S2_zpswmz9ljff.jpg

We were unable to recover from our horrible start that costed us the title (will put the fixtures i had tonight forgot to copy them)

final%20table%20s2_zps0ohrmaoa.jpg

Too many draws had been the main problem as i only lost 3 games, the first 2 were in August...

Even if i scored quite much, too many goals conceeded, definitely to improve for the next season...

Coupe de la Ligue

So this is my first final, that's not the biggest cup in France, but we already won it quite a lot, and most of all we need a new trophy on our shelves !

And that's what we did ! A difficult win 1/0 against Reims by OCAMPOS (forgot the screen will update it)

At least one trophy this year, fully deserved !

Champions League

For our return in Champions League, i settled low objectives, i had quite a tough group and was already happy to go through,

Here are our results

cl%20fixture%20s2_zpszdf3v1lk.jpg

Absolutely unbeatable at home !

Trashed Leverkusen, had a lucky victory away thanks to a penalty to Juventus and then secured a victory home, and most of all, after a 2-0 loss away at City where we have been outplayed i thought it was over but i was already pleased,then we realized an incredible performance home

We had a 2-0 lead at half time, and couldn't score anymore, so it ended up to penalties, Kun missed his shot and as a result...

We are in finals !! 1993 is on my mind obviously...

So this is the problem, we are facing a team which definitely trashes his league for two years in row (they even have more than 20 points for their second title), let's see how my young lads can overcome this...

final_zpsq0dhy7nv.jpg

Won't be easy but how knows in football...

And...WE DID IT !!!

VICTORY_zpsynqtjftf.jpg

Incredible final where we were soooo easy against one of the best team in the world

WILSHERE decided to score one of his (lol) 4 goals of the season tonight in the first half, then ROMERO after a panic corner, gave us a 2-0 lead at half time

Then danger incoming, as Ronaldo scored for Madrid

But not matter what, i still have super PAVON to secure the victory...

ROMERO man of the match, what a player...

MOM%20romero_zps8ottnkrv.jpg

So after the legacy of Basile, Didier and Abedi i'm bringing back to Marseille that's fantastic trophy to my fans

Absolutely unexpected to be honest, but when you look at numbers, seems legit

Most%20goals%20scored%20in%20cl_zpssmafbsrp.jpg

Best offensive records in Champions League and OCAMPOS is part of the team of the CL, fully deserved for him

Season overview

A great season ! Just sad that we couldn't secure one more League title, but at least PSG has not a Champions League trophy on its shelves :)

Season2%20overview_zpslgdrblgf.jpg

Team and player awards

Best GK of the season

Rulli%20gk%20of%20the%20year_zpswjymdnoz.jpg

No regrets to sell MANDANDA at all, as RULLI had been very solid in every competition, absolute bargain and must buy !

Best assist man

ocampos%20assit%20man_zpsiwtq8xlu.jpg

Lucas is still there on the right wing, one more time had been immense, 9 goals and 13 assists in the League is really good!

Team of the year

Team%20of%20the%20year%20s2_zpsndw9h1gw.jpg

Half PSG and Marseille players, strong team with very nice performers on the pitch, but wait a seond, why PAVON has no award yet ?

So now, let me introduce you the already mighty CRISTIAN PAVON....

As a reminder, i brought him to Marseille this summer for 13.5M€, he was there to rotate with MICHY but due to his injury, i had to play hime more than expected and wow, what a player...

Ligue 1 star player

Pavon%20golden%20star_zpso7cbunnb.jpg

Ligue 1 player of the year

Player%20of%20the%20year%20pavon_zpsfekemjnf.jpg

Top Goal scorer

Pavon%20best%20scorer_zps0liziz1a.jpg

Worth saying that he outplayed just a little bit the two others striker ;)

Just hav a look to his goal ratio per minute, not bad for a first year in Europe...

Pavon%20ratio_zpsklqkevfs.jpg

European Golden Boot

PAVON%20european%20golden%20boot_zpsywgzoeab.jpg

Fans players of the year...obviously

Player%20of%20the%20year_zpszgeyfuc4.jpg

So few goals...

Great season overall, next step is to reinforce the squad, so i think i'm going to spend some time in the transfer market, my budget is not bad at all and i already made several moves in departures, but you'll see that in another update ;)

I hpe you guys are enjoying your saves so far, i look forward to read your experiences !!

Allez l'OM!!!

Great transfers so far Christy! and so cheap!

Your formation should work really well indeed, i used that kind of set up last year with no wingers and it was really efficient, that's a bit a shame for Ocampos, as he's one of the best player in the team an you can't use him with this tactic

Otherwise keep it up guys !

Started again, Think i've a decent set up now but missed out on Pavon to Benfica. Undefeated in pre-season just about to play my first league game. How's everyone else getting on?

Hope this time will be the good one Luis !

Bad luck for Pavon, such a monster...

Currently in summer transfer window, struggling to get a great EU DM, a,d i desperately need one, if you have any ideas !

I've went signing crazy after moving on Nkoulou & Mandanda.

All young, promising prospects so this could be a season of experience and development. We're sitting 4th after 8 games, we're the only team to have taken full points from top of the league Lyon.

United with a deadline day bid for Nkoulou the fee could rise to 35.5M think i'll have to accept it because i went to offer him a deal and he said Marseille isn't big enough for him. Will have a couple hours to find a replacement any suggestions lads? Will only have Rolando and Rekik as my CB's. Playing a high line so someone with pace would be a bonus.

I brought in Balanta and Jakub Brabec from Sparta Prague while also agreeing two bosman signings of two young CB from South American who's names

Escape me. A good shout could be Mammana from River Plate, looks the real deal.

Olympique de Marseille - Season 1...A Beginning

bphCcDf.jpg

H8v5k4b.jpg

Well I started this save out with all the intentions of keeping hold of my best players and keeping the core of Marseille together but fate and bad luck has transpired to have made this a summer of turmoil and turnover. We've seen our two best players leave, both for reasonable fees at least. Due to amount of incoming players its seem an uneasy start to the season with a couple of shock loses but on the other hand we've handed defeats to both top of the league Lyon and my best result a 2-1 victory in Paris against 3rd place at the time PSG. I think partly down to my mass recruitment it has lead to some gelling issues and some players haven't found their feet with their new teammates and my new tactical set ups, which ill be honest I have chopped changed in the first few games.

Transfers :

fMRhk0b.png?1

As you can see I've brought in a lot of players, about 4 of them are back at their clubs on loan for the season to get first team football. Really happy with Stanciu he's got an eye for goal and he pops up in really good positions. Other's who've started well are Horn, Peruzzi & Barbec.

If you want to see any screenies of any of them let me know

Tactics :

Q7X0ZqP.png?1

0RGblaz.png?1

Table :

Z7IAbrg.png?1

Result :

3IDfduk.png?1

Delighted with this, PSG only scored because of slip from Rekik, we seemed composed and controlled.

I forgot about Gourcuff!!! I'll try sign him now that's a steal. My long term plan is to bring in as many top french plays as i can. Beat Monaco 3-2, Played 14 games in the leg and drew 7 my main problem is finishing teams off.

EDIT; Got Gourcuff and brought in Ron Vlaar sort at the back two year deal with option to extend if it doesn't work out Vlaar is now worth 6.5M and Gourcuff is worth 12.5M so will make some money from them.

Cheers guys;

Hoarau you bought an entirely new squad here ;)

Some really nice signings indeed

I'm glad Gourcuff is doing the job for you, so litlle money indeed, really crazy

Cracking result against PSG, especially away, as far as i remember i didn't beat them at all

Scoring seemed to be an issue for you for the start of the season, and Nice still doing the job

Luis, i'm glad you avoid the sack this time ;)

I got the same problem with draws, costes me the title last year...

Can post a screen of yours transfers and set up to see exactly when you did ???

Well done guys !

I will post a screen shot later tonight or tomorrow in work at the moment. Into December now but how annoying is Michy seems to need 5 chances to score 1 goal. I'm keeping an eye on players contacts expiring Ruilli signed a new deal with Sociedad, any other decent players running down thier contracts in season 1?

I will post a screen shot later tonight or tomorrow in work at the moment. Into December now but how annoying is Michy seems to need 5 chances to score 1 goal. I'm keeping an eye on players contacts expiring Ruilli signed a new deal with Sociedad, any other decent players running down thier contracts in season 1?

Garmash from Dinamo Kiev, solid midfielder

Edit: and Ben Arfa from ogcn

Michy has been muck for me in 3 different games, has scored 1 goal in 10. My two Wing backs & 1 cb have each scored & assisted more than him. No idea how Nico got him firing!!!

I'm on a roll at the moment 4th 3 points behind PSG and Nantes who are joint 2nd but Lyon are 12 points clear from us. Picked up Gimenez from Atletico Madrid 10M rising to 13.5 also picked up Jonas Svensson for 800k good cover for Manquillo.

Monaco knocked me out of the french cup but i'm in the final of the Coupe de la Ligue against Saint Etienne.

Season 2017/2018 Review

One more exciting season, a lot of good suprises, a lot of new faces, have a look to this one !

Transfers

transfers%20s3_zpsynr5bntj.jpg

So here a great activity in the summer most of all, sold a lot of my back up for really big money,

The funniest deal is Garmash that i picked for free, back to hi former club for more than 20M€

In January i got this offer of 65M€ for LUAN from Man U, just to good to refuse, i brought some other players thanks to that money

Massive Impact !!

Club signing record CAN from Liverpool had been really solid for DM spot, thx Luis as i ever manged him before, great shout here

But the best one had been another Boca player, my wonderful playmaker BENTANCUR assisting for fun, always high ratings, a must buy

What a suprise when i decided to bring in french wonderkid from Arsenal ADELAIDE after LUAN departure, scored me more than 10 goals from his left wing, and has so much room to develop, i hardly recommend him !

Brought a few regens, VRISJALKO to provide competition and replace DJAJEJE

Former Flamngo left full back and the hottest prospect for this position JORGE is there for the future, sent in on loan in my affiliated team Almeria, to gain dual nationality asap !

Competitions overview

Only lost one final, in Coupe de La Ligue, against St Etienne, otherwise i trashed everybody on my way

season%20overviex_zpsooz4st01.jpg

Ligue 1

season%202017%202018_zpsus4scysd.jpg

A terrific strike force, only 2 losses, PSG away, and St Etienne, otherwise straight forward !

You can notice, that you're only main problem is still PSG, the other ones are just too weak to compete, be careful on bad streaks, PSG is always close

Funny result

trash%20psg_zpsawva0enl.jpg

And PAVON even missed a penalty

I think it was my first win against PSG, but what a win !!

Coupe de France

With my central defender sent off in the first time...hopefully for Lyon !

coupe%20de%20france_zpsh8cg90qf.jpg

Champions League

One more time, had to face a difficult group, and look what i got on my way...

cl%202018_zpsjg2ugbka.jpg

As i finished second in the group stage, i thought it would have been over with Barca, trashed them suprsingly

A complet steal for Madrid i must admit, won away with only 4 shots on target ;)

"N"everkusen not a threat at all, a good game home and it was done

cl%20s2_zps4ns3hjwd.jpg

For the final it was a tight game, but Chelski didn't manage a single shot on target so...

Team and players award

Best GK

For the second year in a row

gk%20of%20the%20year%20s3_zpslt8zmqyj.jpg

Player of the year

poy%20s3_zpsqhxo2ps7.jpg

Amazing signing, more than 20 assists from the midfield spot, always consitent in big games

Top scorer

For the second year in a row, got european golden boy as well

top%20scorer%20s3_zpsp2kmkfy1.jpg

Team of the year Ligue 1

Should mean something i guess...

team%20of%20the%20yaer%20s3_zpsbmzy7ouj.jpg

Team of the year Champions League

equipe%20type%20cl_zpsiwoptpam.jpg

MANGALA had been really solid and useful, MAMMANA had two long terms injuries this year

Fans players of the year

For the second year in the row, broke the record of OM legend Skoblar as well

player%20of%20the%20fans%20s3_zpsgrd8708e.jpg

Extra, players called up for the World Cup

world%20cup%20call%20up_zpsujlxdtgs.jpg

Very pleased for MENDY and most of all ADELAIDE who only play, very well, for me 5 months

Funny thing, JORGE didn't even play one minute under my management, crap that i can't play him because is non EU

So what can i say ?

Won everything, Coupe de la Ligue excepted, my team is really competitive in the midfield and the wings, still lack of quality up front, and for a CD spot

Will see how far we can go next season

Should be bugged, as i didn't get the manager of the year award in 3 seasons now, a bit surprised

Enjoy your saves guys !

Allez l'OM!!!

• 3 weeks later...

aqbodOn.jpg?1

fSNaylt.jpg

It took me a good while to find a set up that could fit in all the players I brought in, which I'm guessing was half the problem with the influx of players needing to gel. There's real promise with the squad at the moment, after losing N'Koulou for a decent fee I decided to bring in a group of young players to both help us improve but to help set up a solid financial future through selling on for hopefully a large profit. From now on i'm going to follow the ethos that I had in my old PSG game before all the money came in, i'll only be signing players based in France or who have played in the French leagues. It will hopefully help due to them having experience of the surroundings and the language.

I'll post some wee update screenshots just now and then do a more detailed update with my new scouting targets further explained..

Transfers

q8M7nua.jpg?1

League

Fb2EmZv.jpg?1

Not the worst place to be in, especially given our rocky start so happy to not be too far behind PSG, they've not been as all conquering as I had thought with the amount of points dropped already. I just need to try and get some solid form going and take advantage of it.

Players

As mentioned before I went overboard with signings, some I wish I could undo and others have worked out better than I had hoped for.

Strikers

I've got Michy, Clemente & Calleiri all battling for the lone striker spot but none of them have really caught fire yet, I'm generally relying on goals coming from all across the midfield to secure the points, perhaps I'm not giving them each enough runs of games to try and get the confidence back.

Midfield

Easily my best performing area, Remy Cabella has been a revelation, he's chipped in with 8 goals so far and a fair few assists playing IF(a) on the left side. I see he has a future fee agreed and its around the £8.5m mark, I will most definitely be taking that up. Bringing in Gourcuff has also added something we didn't have before, his range of passing and vision is quite something. Watching him ping balls out to the on running Cabella is especially satisfying, I think him having experience in the league and being French has helped the gelling process with the likes of Cabella & others.

I just signed my "Joker" transfers for the season, what a great feature for Ligue 1.. Allissanne Plea from Nice comes in for £2.4m and he's slotted in at AMR like he's been here all season.

Defenders

Due to my contact switching of tactics early in the season I really couldn't tell you who my best two players at CB are, Rolando has played and has actually looked quite composed and calm which at times is something we have lacked with the relative inexperience of both Balanta & Rekik. I think if we get any funds in the summer I'll definitely be looking to sign an established CB to shore up the back line.

So many transfers Hoarau !

You almost bring an entire new squad !

Why did you get rid of DJADJEDJE ??

He 's always reliable on my save with good ratings

I'm rejecting offers of +20M€ for him on my save

You're gonna be able to secure the CL spot i think, PSG seems already too far way...

How do you perform in Europa League ? Curious to see how far you can go in the first season ;)

Not bad at all for your first youth intake, i look forward to see how this season ends !

I'm off with my 4th season, will update it on time, but it starts to be far too easy at domestical level, and i have loads of money to spend

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party, but I finally started my first French save of FM16.

I've put off (for now) going with ASSE, and OM eventually won the battle when to came to picking them first or Angers! To be fair, the reason they won me over was that (a) I was immediately able to re-sign Nkoulou on a long-term contract for only a very minimal pay increase (b) I could sign my favourite player from Angers anyway.

Limited funds mean that I didn't do my usual of re-structuring the entire staff, as I didn't want to lose the money on terminating contracts. Instead, I have left the entire staff untouched for now.

The first part of he squad I wanted to improve was in central defence, where I wanted a better partner for Nkoulou. To facilitate this, I immediately terminated the loan of Isla, as these were wages that were not necessary. I really didn't want to have four more loan players remaining, but they were covering vital positions, so I decided to hang on to them for now. It's probably lucky that I did, as left-back Mendy has already been ruled out for three months! For central defence, I could now make two signings for this position (one a returning OM player who left a couple of years ago) and I sold Romao, who had been a good servant but was a little bit too old to keep. I've also offered out Rolando and Rekic, but unfortunately neither has left the club yet.

The second area of the squad I wanted to improve was central midfield, where I wanted a strong player to stamp his authority on the team. I made one signing here, from within France, and he was the exact target I had in mind when I took the job on. It's fair to say that I probably would not be managing OM if this player had not been recruited for my team!

There is one more signing that I wanted to make still - a central striker as a back-up to Batshuayi. I do like Porsan-Clemente, but it would be asking too much for him to start if the main man got injured. Talking of which, having seen other comments above about him, and having managed him myself at another club in FM14, it was no surprise to me that Michy failed to hit one goal through the entire pre-season. However, knowing how hit-and-miss he is in FM (and having no other options anyway) I kept faith with him and he has duly started the Ligue 1 season with goals in the first couple of games. The man I wanted to support him (available for just £275k) would not consider coming to OM after only just joining his new French club, and another £3m target refused to join on the same grounds, despite us being much more likely to succeed in Ligue 1 than his own team. I've toyed around with a couple of other players, but preferred to take somebody from within France if possible (or at the very worst, a player who has recently played there). I've even made offers for a striker in Ligue 2, but his club wanted far more than I felt was justified. That remains the only piece of the jigsaw to complete, and now that I'm in the joker window, it will need to be a player from within the country, if it happens.

To complete my summary, I should mention that I also signed a young, unproven and untested winger for the reserve squad as one for the future (an injury crisis to all but one of our numerous wide players may mean he gets an unexpected early opportunity), and a 16-year old striker from Nigeria for £9.5k compensation. He will arrive 29/12/2016 when he is old enough to leave his home country.

Due to the great OM thread created, I felt it only fair to add this in here for now - but I'll also be updating in more detail in the general French football thread. It's one of three saves I have running now (also enjoying Grasshoppers and my English save) so updates might be a bit slower than usual. Anybody else still managing OM or in France?

Ah Jogo, so glad you've picked OM! Nice wee update aswell, although so vague with the names! Ha..

I've still got my OM save, I've been majorly sidetracked by my Leeds save, I've actually got 5 saves in currently itching to play, just can't find the time. If anyone could inspire me to get back into my Ligue 1 adventure its yourself good sir..

Oh and well done signing NKoulou up, that was my major failure.

Hoarau, thanks but I'm not worthy of such praise. Vague with names you say? Haha. What kind of names were you after? ;)

Joking aside, all will be revealed, but really can't do screen shots at the moment. I think for me, the main purpose of picking a side is to keep the best players. Nkoulou is a long-term favourite of mine, and I'll be doing everything I can to re-sign Mandanda too.

Hoping you get inspired to return, your updates are always a great read.

I'm in to January now. Made a new £3.4m striker signing in the joker window, with great help from the board.

Also signed another one from Ligue 2 after I bravely decided to abandon a £2m+ joker deal and commit to the above player instead in the hope that his contract would not be renewed before January. Luckily for me, I was able to pounce right at the start of the winter window, and he is joining for free in the summer. A nice £2m saved there!

In other news, I finally got Mandanda to sign a new deal until 2019 on slightly reduced wages. Squad harmony is proving tricky as I have blocked moves for Nkoulou from Bayern, Barcelona, Chelsea and Man Utd after he signed a new deal. This might really harm my progress as his morale dipped and many of the squad have reacted the same. I really expected that was a problem I'd avoided when he signed that new long term deal, so it's disappointing.

Again so vague with the names lol! Makes your updates all mysterious..

That's was precisely the problems I had with both Mandanda and Nkoulou hence why I had to let them go. I manage with the ethos of an unhappy player will not disturb the rest of my squad so as soon as it affects morale they have to go. Team morale and player happiness is just to important a commodity in FM these days that it can cost you points if they dip.

I'm just at the start of season two with OM so I'll stick up a wee update soon.

Or maybe it's not mysterious but just my old age and forgetting their names ;)

Talking of poor memory, I forgot to mention that I was finally able to loan out Rekic to Lille for £100k p/m and also sold Rolando to Norwich for £1m. That offset our transfer spending a bit, and I'm not really looking to do anything else in this window. I'm maybe a bit odd but might even terminate Lucas Silva's loan as I think we have enough alternatives to justify the massive wage saving of over £40k p/w.

I can't remember the last time I had a squad morale issue, the way I work it just doesn't happen. But why did the muppet sign a new long term deal and then go all sulky once these bids started coming in. Hoping decent results will erode the negative mood from the squad, if we can nail a European spot that might do it.

Looking forward to your update soon. It seems like you have been tempted back in mate!

Archived