[FM2016] Scotland - Full (Real Life) Pyramid System

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a quick question about this: if you take over a non-SFA club, will the entire save.even if you can advance through the leagues, see you not entered in the Scottish Cup?

Have a quick question about this: if you take over a non-SFA club, will the entire save.even if you can advance through the leagues, see you not entered in the Scottish Cup?

You will be entered into the cup eventually, by virtue of the league you are in - I didn't mess with many of the cup settings, so it takes Highland and Lowland sides (and EoS, junior champs) as normal, as well as all SPFL sides.

You will be entered into the cup eventually, by virtue of the league you are in - I didn't mess with many of the cup settings, so it takes Highland and Lowland sides (and EoS, junior champs) as normal, as well as all SPFL sides.

Excellent, thanks for the response, and thanks for the file and the hard work. I had great fun with it last year and it's shaping up to be another good one :)

Untitled.png

Unlocks all of the Scottish real-life pyramid system. Can you take a non-league team through the new trapdoor into the SPFL and beyond?

As with last year's game, I have again completed the full pyramid system for Scotland - the bonus this time being that all the playoffs work properly, and promotion/relegation have no issues thankfully! Can you take a smaller club to the top? How about a brand new club? All possible challenges in this database.

***NOTE: It is recommended that you select "Add players to payable teams" from the Advanced Options box when selecting your leagues.***

Final database file can be downloaded here, and also on the FM2016 Steam Workshop.

Full Logopack can be downloaded here.

Highland & Lowland League kits (standard) can be downloaded here.

Full Change List

Added all relevant divisions

Added main regional and lower cups

Amended prize monies

Updated club reputations

Added awards for new divisions

Create logo pack

Create kit pack (Highland & Lowland)

Corrected kits, colours

Created & added correct managers

Fill out with real-life squads (WIP) - use "add players to playable teams" for now.

----------------------------------------------

The setup - this reflects the real-life pyramid, as shown below:

SPL

Championship

League 1

League 2

Highland & Lowland Leagues

East of Scotland & South of Scotland Leagues (both feed into Lowland League)

Newly added cup competitions:

Highland League Cup

Lowland League Cup

North of Scotland Cup

South of Scotland Cup

Aberdeenshire Cup

East of Scotland Qualifying Leagues

Southern Counties Cup

what a lovely database you have :) great work , may i ask will it be possible to use this database along with the full english pyramid systerm?

Excellent work mate

But there are not the correct amount of Cups for South of Scotland League, I know they enter too many and all more or less the same but i wondered if they will be included.

Also East Of Scotland has the Kings Cup which is a Knockout too

Yeah, I couldn't squeeze them all in unfortunately. Just went with the main ones for safety!

Colster, should all be fine buddy :)

The regional cups can get messy though if a team gets promoted up the leagues and as far as I know it's not possible of giving the option to 'send reserve team' when a certain level is reached. Having them in could lead to a team playing in like 6 or 7 or more cups so I understand him excluding them

The regional cups can get messy though if a team gets promoted up the leagues and as far as I know it's not possible of giving the option to 'send reserve team' when a certain level is reached. Having them in could lead to a team playing in like 6 or 7 or more cups so I understand him excluding them

Couldn't have said it better! I didnt want to have any teams hamstrung essentially.

What english pyramid system is it you are talking about? i tried one before and it caused crash dumps :(

i run english league from the Evo Stick Premier ,the one that Salford is in an this :),nps so far,mind u i have just restarted though

i run english league from the Evo Stick Premier ,the one that Salford is in an this :),nps so far,mind u i have just restarted though

Sorry Banty i should have been more clearer,i meant what DB for the english one is it you are using alongside the scottish one?

But they are league cups not county ones.

But you missed off South of Scotland cups.... if you wanted it to be realistic you would have included them

I am okay without them and here's why: FM, because it uses the same engine for all leagues across the world, cannot handle the busy schedule that these cause. The teams actually play these cups and leagues and they do it with small squads. The way FM calculates player fatigue and condition recovery makes it too much if you have too many of these competitions. Your starting 11 would play only every other match at best, especially given the relatively crap levels of stamina players at the lower leagues tend to have. It would be nice for realism's sake, yes, but it would be too punishing for your squad. You'd need a 25 man first team to handle it and how realistic is that?

Just got to the end of my first season and weirdly my players didn't go on holiday. Other teams players did but my pre-season meeting was the day after the end of the league. Is this a database problem or should I report it as a bug?

Simming forward a few seasons there appears to be a problem with incorrect number of teams in East of Scotland league... by 2017/18 I end up with an error and there is only 14 teams in the league... strange

*Edit*

Loaded it up in editor, tested data a few seasons and same happens. It appears to be changing the number of teams in East league from 15 to 14. Then for some reason that missing team ends up in South of Scotland league, so that goes from having 14 teams to 15... Hope this gets fixed, I'm hopeless with editor :(

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, this means i can reimplement my British cup file into the game :) (All non prem teams from UK+Ire in a FA Style cup).

Any chance you will upload your British cup? Been dying to implement some sort of British cup into the game! Been looking for a British Super League type thing aswell but can't find one!

I may have a very simple fix for the Sos league problem. I have been trying to add Bellshill into the game in as low a division as possible but kept getting an error about the number of teams in the Sos football league. I checked as much as i could and everything seemed to be correct so gettin a bit fed up i tried just adding the team into the Sos league as an extra team instead of a replacement making the league 15 instead of 14. Had to change a few details to make the league 15 teams but that's it. Ran the tests on editor and it verified everything. Started the game no problem. I'm not sure how the game will hold up long term but it's a start.

i tried just adding the team into the Sos league as an extra team instead of a replacement making the league 15 instead of 14.

The only thing you would need to change is to increase the maximum number of teams allowed in the division by 1, and there should be no problems whatsoever...

• 3 months later...
In my third season of using this, Celtic have been entered into the EoS Qualifying groups

Did this bug ever get fixed? I'm playing as Rangers just now and in the first season Celtic are in the Qualifying League.

I think it might have something to do with Kelso United leaving the EoS League due to financial issues IRL and the league dropping to 15 teams instead of the usual 16. Kelso are in the FM16 database but as a dead team.

I'm in 2026, with Forfar in the Premiership, won the league 3 times straight, and yet somehow I'm ALSO in the EoS qualifying league. I imagine I'll make short work of them, but I'm hoping it won't send me down to the EoS at the end of the season.

I've given the logos once over to match them up with the metallic set from SI, if anyone wants em i'll throw them up for d/l when i'm done with the clubs and comps.

Before - 4v5tgx.jpg

After - qq9xlz.jpg

Archived