FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

Fair enough, perhaps the experiment backfired as we seemed to get more money than that. 10 mil should be enough to enable you to do business if you want though.

did you get more than a brand new £10m transfer kitty for the January window in the first season???

first i got £6m + extra wage money and then an extra £4m

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gents, Fantastic contributions as usual. Always make sure the Celtic page is the first read when I get the new FM. Of course, the first game has to be with Scotland's finest. I thought this year I would add my input and share my frustrations!

I decided to start the game in November 14 by adding the Argentinian League to give me 6 months to get rid of the duds, get the Scouts working and finding some good talents.

1st Seasons In's: Ron Vlaar, Ricky Alvarez, Samaras (all frees), Divock Origi, Gino Peruzzi, Hector Villalba, Sergi Palencia (Loans), Gaston Romero - 3.5m, Jose Javier Abella - 4.5m (Celtic should look at him irl), Nicolai Naess - 300k, Walter Kannemann 4.5m, Predrag Rajkovic 2.2m, Martin McGregor - 100k - regen from Falkirk and to top it off..... Youri Tielemans - 11.5m.

Out's: Stokes - 1.1m, Efe - 2m, Cole - 140k, Johansen - 4m, Lustig - 3.1m, Bitton - 4.5m, Boyata - 1m, Izzy - 1m, Commons 375k, Allan - 275k, Mulgrew - 1m

The above is over 2 windows and with 2 transfer budgets :D

1st Season Summary: Won the league at a canter with St Johnstone finishing 2nd and Aberdeen finishing 3rd. Won Scottish Cup as well v Partick but went out the League cup at home to Queens Park. Not sure how!?!?

Got to Group Stages of Champs League and then was drawn against Atletico, Zenit and Basel. Problem I had was the lack of discipline especially away from home. Ended up with 4 points and pumped out last.

Pluses....

Ryan Christie, recalled him before the season started and he was a fringe player for the first 6 months, then I put him in CM as a Deep Lying Playmaker and wow! Finished the season with 10 goals, 7 assists and an average rating of 7.50.

Leigh Griffiths - when he wasn't being a moody brat he was phenomenal. 39 goals in 46 games. Nuff said.

Keiren Tierney - This lad is amazing. As I started 6 months early, I punted the young lads off on loan to save wages and played friendlies. This lad just stood out. I started him ahead of Izzy in the early Euro Qualifiers and he was just consistent, never made mistakes. Tweaked his training to be an attacking wing back and got 15 assists out of him and an average rating of 7.50 over 49 games.

GMS - Wee super sub for me and good on either wing, happy just being a bit part player and produces from the bench. 10 goals and 10 assists from 23 games.

Origi - If Griffiths didn't score, this laddie would. A must in the first season. 34 goals and 11 assists in 51 games. Liverpool wouldn't let me have him back as he is now a 1st team player there.

Negatives

Broony - laddie just can't stay out the book. No matter what I do. I like my sides to be under 26 with the odd superstar older so will be phasing him due to new signings.

Derk - Can't get rid of this guy for love nor money. Had to settle for letting him away on loan for 30% of his wages.

Board have been very good with me and always had the cash to spend, not tons, but enough. They are restrictive with some of the fees I bring in, but that always plays into my hands when asking for more cash.

Season 2......

Decided to learn from last year - couldn't fill the bench at times so quality n depth are key:

In's - Craig Wigton - 1.3m, Sergio Diaz - 1.2m, Kristoffer Ajer - 1.3m, Hector Villabla - 2.9m. Also got Leon Goretzka, Ladislav Krejci, Jesus Vallejo and Bilal Basacikoglu on Loans and Adam Johnson on a free.

Out's - Alvarez - 7.5m, Scepovic - 1.9m, Rogic - 190k, Naess - 600k, Bailly - 300k, Ciftci - 1.5m and Mcgregor 475k.

Liking the look of my squad so far, but feel I need a top drawer striker to help compete in Europe. Have about 5m and 40k in wages to spend!

Any feedback or suggestions most welcome!

HH

That's a good effort. This I also my first time putting a wee message on this. I do always follow on the Celtic thread and I waited till Christmas for FM16 (was hard but I held off) so I'm just gonna start with the hoops. I'm looking forward to it a after reading the thread it seems most people are having a tough time of it. I also have an idea of a good set up for the current team. I like to bring in goo Scottish youngsters an try to bring my own youth through so again reading that the youth we produce is poor is rather disappointing. Well bare with me on this as this is my first time on this and I am not much of a wizard with this thread stuff so posting photos and stuff will be slow. HH!

So I've had a look at the team and done a bit of jigging. Went with a 4-2-3-1 narrow.

Gordon

Lustig

Mulgrew

Jozo

Tierney

Biton

Brown

Commons

Allan

Johansen

Griffiths

I've only brought in 2 players-

Jason Cummings

John McGinn

The only unfortunate thing about the signings is that I have weakened Hibs title challenge considerably. I got Cummings for 500k and McGinn 1m.

No screenshots as I'm away from PC but thought I'd give my latest update.

Halfway through season two, top of league, although I'm being pushed by Aberdeen all the way, they are still unbeaten and I am only ahead as I am unbeaten too.

Finished top of my CL group, beat PSG at home and drew away, beat Sevilla twice, and won one and lost one v Wolfsburg. The first knockout has just been drawn and I drew Real Madrid. I fancy my chances!

Squad :

GK : Rajkovic / Alnwick

DR : Lustig / Matthews / Janko

DC : Sviatchenko / Ambrose (He has been dependable when needed)

DC : Galloway (Bought for £8m in summer)

DL : Tierney / Galloway (Galloway at LB in big games. Tierney goes missing. )

DM : Brown / Ajer

MR : A. Zivkovic

MC : Fossum / Johansen

ML : Duelund / GMS (His flair makes him unplayable when not injured)

AMC : Commons / Christie

ST : R. Zivkovic / Saponjic

The surprising one you might think is still playing Commons. He is definitely the man for the big occasion but knowing he is on his way out, I have met Real Madrids clause and Odegaard is arriving at the end of the season for £14.5m. Even with all my ins and outs I think I have been quite prudent with finances, and the budget currently sits at £28m. However I couldn't resist Odegaard. Never had any dealings with him.

Most of my players are being courted by the big clubs, but I am knocking back everything and it is working so far.

The future is bright!

Quick note - Lustig contract expires in six months and I really don't want to give him 30k. Only Odegaard will be on more than that. What have you all been doing about a long term right back?

There is better out there for under 30k a week. I've not missed Lustig. See if you get Gino Peruzzi, Liverpool have him in my save and I got him on loan for a season. Solid, consistent and pops up with the odd assist/goal.

Gents, Fantastic contributions as usual. Always make sure the Celtic page is the first read when I get the new FM. Of course, the first game has to be with Scotland's finest. I thought this year I would add my input and share my frustrations!

I decided to start the game in November 14 by adding the Argentinian League to give me 6 months to get rid of the duds, get the Scouts working and finding some good talents.

1st Seasons In's: Ron Vlaar, Ricky Alvarez, Samaras (all frees), Divock Origi, Gino Peruzzi, Hector Villalba, Sergi Palencia (Loans), Gaston Romero - 3.5m, Jose Javier Abella - 4.5m (Celtic should look at him irl), Nicolai Naess - 300k, Walter Kannemann 4.5m, Predrag Rajkovic 2.2m, Martin McGregor - 100k - regen from Falkirk and to top it off..... Youri Tielemans - 11.5m.

Out's: Stokes - 1.1m, Efe - 2m, Cole - 140k, Johansen - 4m, Lustig - 3.1m, Bitton - 4.5m, Boyata - 1m, Izzy - 1m, Commons 375k, Allan - 275k, Mulgrew - 1m

1st Season Summary: Won the league at a canter with St Johnstone finishing 2nd and Aberdeen finishing 3rd. Won Scottish Cup as well v Partick but went out the League cup at home to Queens Park. Not sure how!?!?

Got to Group Stages of Champs League and then was drawn against Atletico, Zenit and Basel. Problem I had was the lack of discipline especially away from home. Ended up with 4 points and pumped out last.

Pluses....

Ryan Christie, recalled him before the season started and he was a fringe player for the first 6 months, then I put him in CM as a Deep Lying Playmaker and wow! Finished the season with 10 goals, 7 assists and an average rating of 7.50.

Leigh Griffiths - when he wasn't being a moody brat he was phenomenal. 39 goals in 46 games. Nuff said.

Keiren Tierney - This lad is amazing. As I started 6 months early, I punted the young lads off on loan to save wages and played friendlies. This lad just stood out. I started him ahead of Izzy in the early Euro Qualifiers and he was just consistent, never made mistakes. Tweaked his training to be an attacking wing back and got 15 assists out of him and an average rating of 7.50 over 49 games.

GMS - Wee super sub for me and good on either wing, happy just being a bit part player and produces from the bench. 10 goals and 10 assists from 23 games.

Origi - If Griffiths didn't score, this laddie would. A must in the first season. 34 goals and 11 assists in 51 games. Liverpool wouldn't let me have him back as he is now a 1st team player there.

Negatives

Broony - laddie just can't stay out the book. No matter what I do. I like my sides to be under 26 with the odd superstar older so will be phasing him due to new signings.

Derk - Can't get rid of this guy for love nor money. Had to settle for letting him away on loan for 30% of his wages.

Board have been very good with me and always had the cash to spend, not tons, but enough. They are restrictive with some of the fees I bring in, but that always plays into my hands when asking for more cash.

Season 2......

Decided to learn from last year - couldn't fill the bench at times so quality n depth are key:

In's - Craig Wigton - 1.3m, Sergio Diaz - 1.2m, Kristoffer Ajer - 1.3m, Hector Villabla - 2.9m. Also got Leon Goretzka, Ladislav Krejci, Jesus Vallejo and Bilal Basacikoglu on Loans and Adam Johnson on a free.

Out's - Alvarez - 7.5m, Scepovic - 1.9m, Rogic - 190k, Naess - 600k, Bailly - 300k, Ciftci - 1.5m and Mcgregor 475k.

Liking the look of my squad so far, but feel I need a top drawer striker to help compete in Europe. Have about 5m and 40k in wages to spend!

HH

That's a good effort. This I also my first time putting a wee message on this. I do always follow on the Celtic thread and I waited till Christmas for FM16 (was hard but I held off) so I'm just gonna start with the hoops. I'm looking forward to it a after reading the thread it seems most people are having a tough time of it. I also have an idea of a good set up for the current team. I like to bring in goo Scottish youngsters an try to bring my own youth through so again reading that the youth we produce is poor is rather disappointing. Well bare with me on this as this is my first time on this and I am not much of a wizard with this thread stuff so posting photos and stuff will be slow. HH!

Welcome to the thread gentleman on behalf of us old hands here!

Pluses....

Negatives

Season 2......

HH

A lot of good transfers in there!

I like the idea of loading Argentina to get rid of the dead wood, very smart!

How was your goals for and against looking in the first 2 seasons?

I bought richario zivkovic, who is frightening up front or off the wing. Athletic also has a young striker called Asier Villalibre who becomes incredible. Currently in my spain squad as my main striker

No screenshots as I'm away from PC but thought I'd give my latest update.

Halfway through season two, top of league, although I'm being pushed by Aberdeen all the way, they are still unbeaten and I am only ahead as I am unbeaten too.

Finished top of my CL group, beat PSG at home and drew away, beat Sevilla twice, and won one and lost one v Wolfsburg. The first knockout has just been drawn and I drew Real Madrid. I fancy my chances!

Squad :

GK : Rajkovic / Alnwick

DR : Lustig / Matthews / Janko

DC : Sviatchenko / Ambrose (He has been dependable when needed)

DC : Galloway (Bought for £8m in summer)

DL : Tierney / Galloway (Galloway at LB in big games. Tierney goes missing. )

DM : Brown / Ajer

MR : A. Zivkovic

MC : Fossum / Johansen

ML : Duelund / GMS (His flair makes him unplayable when not injured)

AMC : Commons / Christie

ST : R. Zivkovic / Saponjic

The surprising one you might think is still playing Commons. He is definitely the man for the big occasion but knowing he is on his way out, I have met Real Madrids clause and Odegaard is arriving at the end of the season for £14.5m. Even with all my ins and outs I think I have been quite prudent with finances, and the budget currently sits at £28m. However I couldn't resist Odegaard. Never had any dealings with him.

Most of my players are being courted by the big clubs, but I am knocking back everything and it is working so far.

The future is bright!

Quick note - Lustig contract expires in six months and I really don't want to give him 30k. Only Odegaard will be on more than that. What have you all been doing about a long term right back?

Doing well there mate :thup:

How the hell did you get Odegaard to even be interested?

I would look at kenny tete, I got him from Arsenal for under 30k per week for the first 4 years, he has longevity and him and janko become great

Thats outstanding Mcgougan.

Re: Odegaard, I don't know. He is on loan at West Ham for the season so maybe his expectations are dropping slightly, still have to make him my highest paid player.

I did forget to mention I bought Amartey for 4.5m and have sold him to Real Madrid for £16m, that has certainly helped.

Celtic%20Squad.png~original

Transfer%20History.png~original

Future%20Transfers.png~original

Won an ugly first season, with Hearts batteleing me all the way

made it to the group stage, but after winning against Real Madrid and Olympiakos - Both Gordon and Bailly decided to join each other on the injury list, so had to put in Fasan for the next month+ not pretty, made it to the Euro League, but was put out by RB Salzburg

Cursing that big clubs now that are trying to sign my stars by putting in £6m'ish bids for them even though I've set the asking price much higher than that

10 newgens - Trindada on a free, and Mammana for £4m makes the summer spending so far

Scepovic, Brown, Allan "big name" casulties so far on the away list

Soon as January window opens Juventus make non-negotiable bid of £20m for A. Zivkovic. Getting rejected!

Barcelona are constantly doing the same for Zivkovic in my game. He did get a bit grumpy asking why I never accepted the bid but I used that one where it says something like you prob wont get much games with them and he seems to accept it.

Won an ugly first season, with Hearts batteleing me all the way

made it to the group stage, but after winning against Real Madrid and Olympiakos - Both Gordon and Bailly decided to join each other on the injury list, so had to put in Fasan for the next month+ not pretty, made it to the Euro League, but was put out by RB Salzburg

Cursing that big clubs now that are trying to sign my stars by putting in £6m'ish bids for them even though I've set the asking price much higher than that

10 newgens - Trindada on a free, and Mammana for £4m makes the summer spending so far

Scepovic, Brown, Allan "big name" casulties so far on the away list

That's some bad luck. Well done on signing Mammana. How you finding this years game now?

That's some bad luck. Well done on signing Mammana. How you finding this years game now?

Currently in the "the game is fixed" mode, to me conceding goals out of nowhere - I get that the other team can counter and score, but when I fix that and the team then scores by their only chance of the game and the goalscorer is a player 3 feet smaller than wee Maloney and he scored by a header by outjumping my central defenders, I start to rip out my hair

But think that it has been like that for most FM's until I find, or find one, that has the magic tactic

1st leg done v Real Madrid. Played a 4-1-4-1 defensive as I had a mini injury crisis.

The dilemma now is, do I do the same at home??

Real%201st%20leg.png~original

Watching it with closed eyes will be your best chance for making it through

Currently in the "the game is fixed" mode, to me conceding goals out of nowhere - I get that the other team can counter and score, but when I fix that and the team then scores by their only chance of the game and the goalscorer is a player 3 feet smaller than wee Maloney and he scored by a header by outjumping my central defenders, I start to rip out my hair

But think that it has been like that for most FM's until I find, or find one, that has the magic tactic

I know the feeling pal. In my first season I kept seeing an unusual amount of short pass backs for the opposition to come in and score. I kid you not it was a ridiculous amount....funnily enough Ambrose did it at least once lol.

Watching it with closed eyes will be your best chance for making it through

Well, I went defensive at home, and drew 1-1 again, and won on penalties.

Drew Bayern in next round. Won 1-0 at home and then drew 0-0 away. Man U next in semi's.

It is crazy that this years is so difficult domestically for Celtic but I am finding I am having more instant success in CL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-04%20at%2021.14.45.png~original

Well, I went defensive at home, and drew 1-1 again, and won on penalties.

Drew Bayern in next round. Won 1-0 at home and then drew 0-0 away. Man U next in semi's.

It is crazy that this years is so difficult domestically for Celtic but I am finding I am having more instant success in CL.

well done :D

my dilemma to slep on is if I should accept a £30m offer (going to £34m + some sell on) for my star midfielder Lucas Romero - I've an £11m offer accepted and terms agreed with Lewis Cook to replace him, but he just isn't Romero

gues that I'll find out tomorrow what to do...

well done :D

my dilemma to slep on is if I should accept a £30m offer (going to £34m + some sell on) for my star midfielder Lucas Romero - I've an £11m offer accepted and terms agreed with Lewis Cook to replace him, but he just isn't Romero

gues that I'll find out tomorrow what to do...

Say hello to the Romero replacements, or what his money brought in

2iqk1h3.png

2an2w5.png

291n6n5.png

71mz36.png

Got them on 4 or 5 year contracts with club option for another 3 years, and no min clauses or sell on fee's

Maia will take the dm position, pushing Ajer a step forward so he and Cook will share the b2b role

Jorge was a must as Izzy got injured 2 months with a hip injury just before the transfer window closed, and wants a £30k a week payrise to sign a new deal and he would be out of contract in 12 months, so replacement ready alreay now. And Izzy will be 31 before the next season starts, so guess he is on his last season at CP

Juventus was messing around with Richairo Zivkovic and put in a bid, so had to grap him if I wanted him in this game

Say hello to the Romero replacements, or what his money brought in

2iqk1h3.png

2an2w5.png

291n6n5.png

71mz36.png

Got them on 4 or 5 year contracts with club option for another 3 years, and no min clauses or sell on fee's

Maia will take the dm position, pushing Ajer a step forward so he and Cook will share the b2b role

Jorge was a must as Izzy got injured 2 months with a hip injury just before the transfer window closed, and wants a £30k a week payrise to sign a new deal and he would be out of contract in 12 months, so replacement ready alreay now. And Izzy will be 31 before the next season starts, so guess he is on his last season at CP

Juventus was messing around with Richairo Zivkovic and put in a bid, so had to grap him if I wanted him in this game

Brilliant signings. Jealous of the Jorge one!

Zivkovic is on target for 40 goals and CL golden boot in his first season with me

A lot of good transfers in there!

I like the idea of loading Argentina to get rid of the dead wood, very smart!

How was your goals for and against looking in the first 2 seasons?

I bought richario zivkovic, who is frightening up front or off the wing. Athletic also has a young striker called Asier Villalibre who becomes incredible. Currently in my spain squad as my main striker

In league I was 86 for and 46 against. A Theme on my Celtic Saves in recent years.... Score more than them. I am quite anal about having a keeper conceding less than one a game haha!

Zivkovic seems to be getting a game at Ajax so he's down as a key player.... bit outta my reach the now.

Is Villalibre worth 9.25m? Man City Sniffing about

Archived