FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

I set myself out to do the exact same thing and no surprise it didn't last lol. Think the worst thing I did was come on here. You still at fm15?

yeah find myself trying to get into a game more than one season, so skipping around some old saves I have, but not long to Xmas and then I'll join in with Celtic updates

how are Henke jnr and Tierney coming along? could you put up some screens, so i could see them a few years down the line

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is everyone's regens? My youth that are coming through have been pretty terrible. Out of 3 seasons my best player has had a pa of 110. Hamilton and Rangers are producing better players than me even though I have better staff and facilities.

Mine have been very poor too, been wondering if it was the same for others too. Only had 2 intakes but best players have only been 1 1/2 star PA. Training and Youth facilities both upgraded twice now so hopefully this will change soon!

Yep I've had 2 intakes and they were both poor, 3 actually including the beta.

Some great updates knocking about which are a pleasure to read.

Larsson1888, that team is amazing. Keane is everything I look for in a CB, quick, good at actually defending, and good on the ball. Class.

Seems like a lot of money is being spent, how is this harming people's finances?

Larsson1888, that team is amazing. Keane is everything I look for in a CB, quick, good at actually defending, and good on the ball. Class.

Seems like a lot of money is being spent, how is this harming people's finances?

I went a bit over the top with my second season signings but I'm finding the CL money is covering it and more. Right now I'm roughly around £35m in the black in mid-September 2017, I think it's vital to get to at least the group stages or I can imagine the finances would take a big hit.

I'm finding Scott Brown is getting a lot of yellows and reds for me, is this the same with anyone else? Could just be my tactics though :p

I'm finding Scott Brown is getting a lot of yellows and reds for me, is this the same with anyone else? Could just be my tactics though :p

He regularly gets a red for me, especially in European games.

If anyone wants a wee bargain then Oussama Tannane is a really good inside forward on the right side. Bangs in goals from everywhere.

yeah find myself trying to get into a game more than one season, so skipping around some old saves I have, but not long to Xmas and then I'll join in with Celtic updates

how are Henke jnr and Tierney coming along? could you put up some screens, so i could see them a few years down the line

j%20Larsson_zpsghbt35wt.png

Jordan Has been decent but not great for me but he is back up to Fierro at the moment.

Thanks mate. Keane has been brilliant for me. I was really struggling to get any decent centre backs interested so was delighted when he agreed to come.

My finances are getting a bit out of control. In my second season I got a transfer budget of £23 million!!! Problem I am facing now is because some of my players have got big clubs interested in them they are demanding ridiculous wages. I think I am going to have to set myself a cap for wages and sell some players.

My highest earners are:

Zivkovic - £60,000 per week.

Kristoffer Ajer - £52,000

Carlos Fierro - £45,000

Jack Wilshere - £41,000

Can anyone recommend a good youth scout as all my youth players being promoted are pitiful?? Thanks hoopfully HAIL HAIL

Everyone seems to be have the same problem mate. I think you mean Head of Youth Development. Go to the staff search and select the following stats for him:

Determination

Level of Discipline

Motivating

Working with youngsters

Judging Player Potential

Try setting it to say 15 and see what you can get. Try looking at the adaptability as well you want that averagely high.

Unfortunately i think it also depends on youth facilities, youth recruitment and junior coaching. Iam getting quite frustrated with it as other teams with worse facilities and staff seem to be producing better regens than myself.

ive finished my first season and will post a review in the next day or two. safe to say it was successful, with jock stein status granted. brought the champions league home to paradise! im sure there will be people who are sceptical about whether this is possible without saving before big matches and reloading as someone on TalkCeltic has suggested, but i hope that anyone on here who is somewhat familiar with my posts knows that im an advocate of playing the game unaided so im not the type to do save and reload. anyway, full season review in a day or two.

in the meantime, i really need a deep lying forward. less of a project and more of a finished article. griff and ciftci have been moved on and prince isnt ready to lead the line yet so i need a starter who is a extremely competent in a DLF role or at least has the attributes to be trained fairly quickly into one - any suggestions? budget of about 12-15m to spend on him

Congratulations mate! :thup: what was your run?

Cant help but state the irony in playing unaided, then asking for suggestions :p, I do believe you though :D

When you got to season 8 and the clubs get more money etc , does the sponsorship each year increase to? And money for winning the league?

I am in season 6 mate, massively improved the leagues standing worldwide, sponsorship money increases year on year, but not by a great deal. Same for league instead of 3 odd mil at the start I am now getting 4 mil

How is everyone's regens? My youth that are coming through have been pretty terrible. Out of 3 seasons my best player has had a pa of 110. Hamilton and Rangers are producing better players than me even though I have better staff and facilities.
Careful about the old lol.

Regens from our club are terrible for some reason, even though I have state of art facilities in everything and top range staff, must be to do with the nation settings.

You are old :D

Thanks mate. Keane has been brilliant for me. I was really struggling to get any decent centre backs interested so was delighted when he agreed to come.

My finances are getting a bit out of control. In my second season I got a transfer budget of £23 million!!! Problem I am facing now is because some of my players have got big clubs interested in them they are demanding ridiculous wages. I think I am going to have to set myself a cap for wages and sell some players.

My highest earners are:

Zivkovic - £60,000 per week.

Kristoffer Ajer - £52,000

Carlos Fierro - £45,000

Jack Wilshere - £41,000

Those are ridiculous wages! I dont think any of my players are over 40k per week yet, and I have a team that would blow your mind!

These are some screenshots of the talent in my squad, which should be good enough to be banging in 100+goals a season in the spfl and conceeding less than 30, which frankly just does not happen, I think this must have something to do with the league competitiveness settings.

nardi_zpscpnjoy9q.jpgbasilla_zpsgtdyrkls.jpgmensah_zpsaskptwi2.jpgzivko_zpsml8wriwe.jpgrzivko_zpsxexmjely.jpg

And simply the best for last.

best%20player_zps4cckyrnm.jpg

Everyone seems to be have the same problem mate. I think you mean Head of Youth Development. Go to the staff search and select the following stats for him:

Determination

Level of Discipline

Motivating

Working with youngsters

Judging Player Potential

Try setting it to say 15 and see what you can get. Try looking at the adaptability as well you want that averagely high.

Unfortunately i think it also depends on youth facilities, youth recruitment and junior coaching. Iam getting quite frustrated with it as other teams with worse facilities and staff seem to be producing better regens than myself.

Don't forget personality! The least I'd look for is determined, and I'd aim for model professional.

These are some screenshots of the talent in my squad, which should be good enough to be banging in 100+goals a season in the spfl and conceeding less than 30, which frankly just does not happen, I think this must have something to do with the league competitiveness settings.

nardi_zpscpnjoy9q.jpgbasilla_zpsgtdyrkls.jpgmensah_zpsaskptwi2.jpgzivko_zpsml8wriwe.jpgrzivko_zpsxexmjely.jpg

Quality players pal....and on decent wages!!!! I'm jealous lol.

strange%20bug_zpsqsjctuzv.jpg

Such a random bug been throwing at me here, never had an issue with Nardi, he never asked me for a transfer at all. As soon as tete asked to discuss a move to ajax that, they had not came in for him for, I said wait until an offer has been made and he said ok. Then this.

Would anyone else like to share their tactics for Celtic?

I'm having a surprising struggle - first save I got sacked in Feb of 1st season after falling to 4th in the league (yet making CL group stage). On my second save, I've made the CL groups, but already showing signs of struggle in the SPFL Premiership.

This is off the back of FM 15 where in four seasons I won

- 2 x Europa League

- 4 x SPL

- 2 x Scottish Cup

- 2 x Scottish League Cup

As well as reaching the Quarter Final and Semi Final of the Champions League in two further seasons.

On the first save I played a 4231 (Wide) with

GK - Gordon (SwKp, D)

DR - Lustig (WB, Au)

DL - Izaguirre (WB, Au)

DC - Mulgrew (BPD, X)

DC - A bit of a problem position, mostly Boyata (LD, C)

MC - Brown (BWM, D)

MC - Biton (DLP, S)

AMR - Zivkovic (IF, A)

AML - Commons (IF, S)

AMC - Johansson (SS)

FC - Griffiths (AF, A)

The above is similar to my successful FM15 formation, with wing backs instead of Full Backs, and a Second Striker (SS) instead of an Attack Midfielder.

I'd also bought (from memory) Patrik Ekeng as a backup MC or as a DMC when I played 433 (with DM) in the CL.

On the second save, I've tried a 4231 Narrow with

GK - Gordon (SwKp, D)

DR - Lustig (WB, Au)

DL - Izaguirre (WB, Au)

DC - Mulgrew (BPD, X)

DC - Squillaci (LD, C) - He is awful!!!

MC - Brown (BWM, D)

MC - Biton (DLP, S)

AMC® - Christie or Armstrong (AM, S)

AMC(l) - Commons (AM, A)

AMC - Johansson (SS, A)

FC - Jorge Molina (from Real Betis) (CF, S)

I've also bought Patrick Ekeng again for the 433 formation.

Same with me with wages. Think my max is on about £35K. I had Zivkovic but I sold him for £31Million. Porto offered £6, I asked for £31m and they accepted straight away so god know how high they'd have gone. Has anyone had any issues with the board selling players? They've sold two of mine, my keeper ( the polish boy) and Luka Jovic for about £10M each. Your DM is amazing, where did you nab him from? My best regen currently is probably a young Scot I nabbed from DUFC. My own regens have been as bad as the rest of you though lol.

Same with me with wages. Think my max is on about £35K. I had Zivkovic but I sold him for £31Million. Porto offered £6, I asked for £31m and they accepted straight away so god know how high they'd have gone. Has anyone had any issues with the board selling players? They've sold two of mine, my keeper ( the polish boy) and Luka Jovic for about £10M each. Your DM is amazing, where did you nab him from? My best regen currently is probably a young Scot I nabbed from DUFC. My own regens have been as bad as the rest of you though lol.

Yeah my board accepted a bid for riedewald from some club a few years back for 20 mil, when I know I could have gotten higher, but they overruled me. They dont do that anymore know seeing as I am a club icon, teams were offering like £51 mil for Papuga and it was still going up but the transfer window ran out, plus I wasnt selling anyway - so glad the board did not interfere or I would have resigned there and then.

I got Papuga from Slavia Prague in 2018 for 6.75 mil and he was ok then, not outstanding looking, but way better than any of my youths so I thought he had potential, little did I know he had that much potential!

I loaned him out first season to Celta where he played 15 games, and improved a bit. The next 3 seasons he stayed at Celtic, and I think the combination of the improved facilities plus good tutoring enabled him to grow and flourish. My thinking behind that was after he came back from Celta the following season he only played 12 games for me, 23 the following and this season currently 15 and we have just hit the end of January, So I feel as though steady exposure to first team football and the above factors culminated in making him a world class player that the elite want.

So we have lift off

Massive clear out in the backroom staff

Fair amount of "revolution" on the transfer front as well

Good by and thanks to...

Tyler Blackett was sent back to Man U

Kris Commons was sent to QPR

Stefan Johansen wa sent to Hoffenheim

Mikael Lustig was sent to Torino

Efe Amrbose was sent to Evian

Anthony Stokes was sent to Brentford

New faces at Celtic Park

Christie's loan was cancelled

The "big" ones...

Lucas Romero joined from Velez

Andrija Zivkovic joined from Partizan

Pione Sisto joined from FC Midtjylland

The "ones for the future"

Harry Soutar joined from Dun Utd

Rafik Zekhnini joined from Odd

Kristoffer Ajer joined from Start

Morten Konradsen joined from Bogø

---

Downside to the squad

Mulgrew are 1th choice partner to Jozo

Janko are 1t choice RB with really no backup

interesting aspect to the game

---

Wauw factor to the game

Sisto and Zivkovic are hopefully going to rule the wings, so no one will notice the weak spots

So we have lift off

Massive clear out in the backroom staff

Fair amount of "revolution" on the transfer front as well

Good by and thanks to...

Tyler Blackett was sent back to Man U

Kris Commons was sent to QPR

Stefan Johansen wa sent to Hoffenheim

Mikael Lustig was sent to Torino

Efe Amrbose was sent to Evian

Anthony Stokes was sent to Brentford

New faces at Celtic Park

Christie's loan was cancelled

The "big" ones...

Lucas Romero joined from Velez

Andrija Zivkovic joined from Partizan

Pione Sisto joined from FC Midtjylland

The "ones for the future"

Harry Soutar joined from Dun Utd

Rafik Zekhnini joined from Odd

Kristoffer Ajer joined from Start

Morten Konradsen joined from Bogø

---

Downside to the squad

Mulgrew are 1th choice partner to Jozo

Janko are 1t choice RB with really no backup

interesting aspect to the game

---

Wauw factor to the game

Sisto and Zivkovic are hopefully going to rule the wings, so no one will notice the weak spots

Backroom staff are always the first casualties in a long term save for me!

Some interesting signings and outs there, did you bring in money equivalent to what you bought or more?

If you want to know how youth etc turns out including your signings, you can let me know as I am a good distance into the game, and it would save you making any not worthwhile signings!

The same applies to others who are not so far ahead.

Backroom staff are always the first casualties in a long term save for me!

Some interesting signings and outs there, did you bring in money equivalent to what you bought or more?

If you want to know how youth etc turns out including your signings, you can let me know as I am a good distance into the game, and it would save you making any not worthwhile signings!

The same applies to others who are not so far ahead.

Think that Tierney have random stats, he looks by far the worse I've seen (in the demo, and in the first loan up, where I forgot to add stuff, so had to start over), so don't have high hopes for him

Brought in players for £12,45m

and sold players for £8,45m

so just £4m in red there, which is pretty good for me in the first season revolution windows

but hoping for a November transfer kitty bump, so I can bring in a new defense, as it is as bad as IRL - if not then topscorer Cole, Bitton and Rogic will be on their way to free up wages and some transfer money

Made it through to the group stage of the Champions League - Vardar, Pyunik (They beat Partizan) and FC Midtjylland (after I had bought Sisto from them) was beaten on the way

Real Madrid, Benfica and Olympiakos are waiting, but are going to "sell it cheap" to concentrate on winning the league first season

Think that Tierney have random stats, he looks by far the worse I've seen (in the demo, and in the first loan up, where I forgot to add stuff, so had to start over), so don't have high hopes for him

Brought in players for £12,45m

and sold players for £8,45m

so just £4m in red there, which is pretty good for me in the first season revolution windows

but hoping for a November transfer kitty bump, so I can bring in a new defense, as it is as bad as IRL - if not then topscorer Cole, Bitton and Rogic will be on their way to free up wages and some transfer money

Made it through to the group stage of the Champions League - Vardar, Pyunik (They beat Partizan) and FC Midtjylland (after I had bought Sisto from them) was beaten on the way

Real Madrid, Benfica and Olympiakos are waiting, but are going to "sell it cheap" to concentrate on winning the league first season

Did his stats change for you?

Thats not bad value at all tbf - I think I spent more than that in the first season, cant remember though!

You definitely should get some kind of bump in November especially seeing as group stages is secured.

I would keep bitton, I have had him for 10 years now, surely he is due a testimonial soon?

What formation have you decided to go with and what style of play?

So something wonderful happened the other night, something completely unexpected and I am very proud of my bhoys!

europa%20league%20winners%202_zpszhxmhjyu.jpg

europa%20league%20winners_zpsoqzypidi.jpg

europa%20league%20winners%204_zpsn8fqms0h.jpg

europa%20league%20winners%203_zpsyq87sod9.jpg

As you can see it was not an easy ride, and we certainly rode our luck from time to time, but these moments deserve to happen for a club such as ours.

Did his stats change for you?

Thats not bad value at all tbf - I think I spent more than that in the first season, cant remember though!

You definitely should get some kind of bump in November especially seeing as group stages is secured.

I would keep bitton, I have had him for 10 years now, surely he is due a testimonial soon?

What formation have you decided to go with and what style of play?

Tierney haven't changed much so far

Asked for a new transfer kitty, and got £6m + extra wages in the end of September, not sure if I should start recruting now, or save the money and the wages to January and try to bring in as much quality on bosmans in the summer, and try to get though the season with the shaky defense

Bitton's physical stats are far to low for my liking, so he will be on his way in either the winter or summer break - Romero are playing "his" position and Ajer will do as back up

Gone 4-3-2-1 (with reverted wingers)

So something wonderful happened the other night, something completely unexpected and I am very proud of my bhoys!

europa%20league%20winners%202_zpszhxmhjyu.jpg

europa%20league%20winners_zpsoqzypidi.jpg

europa%20league%20winners%204_zpsn8fqms0h.jpg

europa%20league%20winners%203_zpsyq87sod9.jpg

As you can see it was not an easy ride, and we certainly rode our luck from time to time, but these moments deserve to happen for a club such as ours.

nice job on the win

The SPFL is such a tough competition. Even when one of my attempts got me to the CL, I still ended up in trouble with the league. I'm fighting for first place with Aberdeen, and I've had some 5 or 6 defeats thus far. I got into the Europa League as 3. from my CL group. And to boot, lots of moaning about first team football. Now I know how managers feel.

Tierney haven't changed much so far

Asked for a new transfer kitty, and got £6m + extra wages in the end of September, not sure if I should start recruting now, or save the money and the wages to January and try to bring in as much quality on bosmans in the summer, and try to get though the season with the shaky defense

Bitton's physical stats are far to low for my liking, so he will be on his way in either the winter or summer break - Romero are playing "his" position and Ajer will do as back up

Gone 4-3-2-1 (with reverted wingers)

I see, he is nowhere near as good in this as he is irl.

Hmm why did you ask? I would have just waited and been given a war chest, will be interesting to see if you now get a top up! I would maybe hold off I was you! At least until mid november.

Fair enough, I really like him as a player and he has been an animal for me over the seasons, no matter what role I have asked him to do.

The SPFL is such a tough competition. Even when one of my attempts got me to the CL, I still ended up in trouble with the league. I'm fighting for first place with Aberdeen, and I've had some 5 or 6 defeats thus far. I got into the Europa League as 3. from my CL group. And to boot, lots of moaning about first team football. Now I know how managers feel.

It is fairly tough yes, and it does not get that much easier over the years! Is it maybe your tactical approach that is hindering you?

I see, he is nowhere near as good in this as he is irl.

Hmm why did you ask? I would have just waited and been given a war chest, will be interesting to see if you now get a top up! I would maybe hold off I was you! At least until mid november.

Fair enough, I really like him as a player and he has been an animal for me over the seasons, no matter what role I have asked him to do.

To see how the board reacted to it, got an extra £4m at the end of November, so got a £10m transfer kitty going into the January transfer window

To see how the board reacted to it, got an extra £4m at the end of November, so got a £10m transfer kitty going into the January transfer window

Fair enough, perhaps the experiment backfired as we seemed to get more money than that. 10 mil should be enough to enable you to do business if you want though.

Playing a pressing system, as that apparently suited Johansen and Brown the most.

The biggest thing I have learned in this FM is you have to balance risk vs reward.

If you are playing attacking football within a fluid system then try dropping it to standard and flexible - It should shore up a little bit, but not lose a massive amount of attacking prowess

So I have been knocking back several jobs over the years from top european clubs and top nations, Knocked back Spain twice before, but when they came calling this time I thought why the hell not.

So this new international league thing that is going on is my first test, I have picked a squad balanced full of experience and youth and energy.

I now feel bad, as my group is Scotland and Austria, and I destroyed Scotland 3-0 in my first match with my tactic being at the lowest end of awkward!! I would hate to think what would have happened if it had been fully fluid!

Is there no way to control international training in this?

The biggest thing I have learned in this FM is you have to balance risk vs reward.

If you are playing attacking football within a fluid system then try dropping it to standard and flexible - It should shore up a little bit, but not lose a massive amount of attacking prowess

I play Structured and Stndard, or even Counter.

Archived