FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a tricky start to my tenure, CL qualifying rounds were tough and poor which sets the tone. I needed away goals to get past Trencin of Slovakia and then was dumped into the Europa by a late FC Midtjylland goal. I thought it may be a blessing in disguise as we're second seeds but I was drawn into a group containing Dortmund, Krasnodar, and Slovan Liberec!! Ouch!

League form has been scrappy too but I've played three won 2 drawn 1, and the draw was away to Dundee where they didn't have a shot on target all game and it still finished 1-1 but an away win at Hibs needed a late late goal and an away win over St. Johnstone again needed a late goal to make it safe.

I'm playing a 4-4-2 but i think I'm struggling for a bit of creativity. The only other thing to note is that I sold Johansen and Griffiths oo he wasn't happy. His morale has been rock bottom ever since and now he wants to go to the EPL but I'm not getting rid for ~£2m. Plus the window has closed and I'd be left really short up front if he were to go but he's just not finding the back of the net for me so far. Jason Cummings is looking very tempting seeing as though he also had the cheek to score against me for Hibs!

did you remember to adjust the ticket and season ticket money so they would match EPL prices? if not you will be missing a fair amount of money compared to other EPL teams

Nope forgot :( Do they stay the same throughout or does it adjust to your reputation? If they adjust over time I can live with that, if not I might need to change it.

This is tough, really tough! I'm at the halfway point of the first season and it's time for a little update.

prem15half.png

This is about as good as I could have hoped for. I've just gone top now after defeating Ross County 3-2 at their place, quite thrilling really. I'm finding our squad to be very injury prone, I thought that we had a very deep squad even after I trimmed it slightly but I'm having to do some real tinkering to keep putting out a team and with both Brown and Mulgrew getting injured on Scotland duty it has left me a little weak in the heart of the team.

Thankfully though going two up front has seen quite a lot of goals scored, Griffiths is still throwing a hissy fit but Ciftci is banging them in after a slow start. With 11 wins, 3 draws, and one loss I probably deserve to be further in front of Ross County but hopefully me beating them will curb their enthusiasm and let me break away.

Europe has been a mixed bag, I mentioned earlier that I was struggling in the CL qualification rounds and was dumped into the Europa League. I drew a group of Dortmund, Celtic, Krasnodar, and Slovan Liberec.

euroC15group.png

I was taught a lesson by Dortmund and only salvaged some pride by abandoning my defensive approach and attacking them, very nearly pulling it back to 3-3 away from home only to be thwarted by a dodgy penalty call to allow them to make it 4-2. Other than that comprehensive drubbings of Liberec (and them beating Krasnodar) and Krasnodar saw us really nail down that second spot and we have drawn St. Etienne in the first knockout round. There's some very big teams in this competition though and I can't see us progressing much further.

We're in the quarter final of the Scottish cup and play Aberdeen (no league cup remember) and hpefully now we can get a few players back fit and see out the last 15 games. Really looking forward to intake day too.

I'm craving playing with an enganche though...

Edit: You know how I was really looking forward to the intake?

"McCart has indicated that no single player stands out from this year's youth intake"

Yeah, that.

midway through 2nd season, won treble in 1st season, finished 3rd in champions league group with bayern munich 10 points, man utd 10 points, celtic 8 points, basel 2 points so ended up in europa league, won 4-1 on agg against viktoria plzen, then lost 5-1 to psg in nxt round. in my 2nd season so far i finished 2nd in my champions league group with psg 14 points, celtic 9 points, schalke 9 points, lech poznan 1 point, so into the last 16 and end up getting bayern munich lol, so dont think i will make it into the last 8 haha

my squad looks like

GK - C.Gordon , P. Rajkovic

DR - S.Byram , J. Flanagan

DL - L. Augustinsson , K. Tierney

DC - J. Simunovic , J. Veltman , J. Souttar , D. Boyata

MC - S. Brown , N. Bitton , S. Johansen , A. Balic

AMR - A. Zivkovic , J. Forrest

AML - G. Mackay-Steven , M. Elyounoussi

AMC - S. Armstrong , R. Christie , S. Allan

ST - L. Griffiths , J. Cummings, N. Ciftci

What do use think of my squad folks?

**** sake McGougan :D

Caley or Dundee been took over or just smashing it with a **** squad? On the beta Dundee United got took over in Nov first season and saw something in my inbox that the new owners were giving them a 40M transfer budget. :D Think they spent something like 12-15M in Jan alone. :D

fixture%20disaster_zpsx0ooxobl.jpg

horrid%20season%204_zpsjxrmkcgf.jpg

This has been an unmitigated disaster of a season, and I have a pretty damn impressive team, certainly fair better than what we started off with, all of a sudden teams are just swanning all over us.

Still playing Efe I see ;-)

**** sake McGougan :D

Caley or Dundee been took over or just smashing it with a **** squad? On the beta Dundee United got took over in Nov first season and saw something in my inbox that the new owners were giving them a 40M transfer budget. :D Think they spent something like 12-15M in Jan alone. :D

Still playing Efe I see ;-)

Lets just say your old dad has turned it around, it required a complete abandonment of my own philosophy, and I read PompeyBoyz thread on 3cbs, and it changed my season.

I am sitting top, but inverness are on the same points as me.

No takeovers as far as I can see, just seems to be an absolute freak season. I think I might return to my old Philosophies at the start of the next season, for now this is working.

Well done on the turnaround McGougan33, though I have no idea how you got into such a pickle in the first place ;) every season has been a doddle for me so far, so much so that this happened last season:

2nbvhp5.jpg

An unbeaten season and a new record for total points accrued. Though success in Europe still eludes me despite making it into the UCL group stages every season, in five seasons the furthest I've got is the quarter final of the UCL, where I was knocked out by Real Madrid 6-4 on aggregate. I've enjoyed great success in the loan and free transfer market, picking up players such as James Wilson, Hirving Lozano, Marco van Ginkel and Suso to name a few for nothing.

Lads, I may have to return to a Celtic save later! I'm finding it to be very dull! I left you at the halfway point with us having just regained top spot from Ross County. As expected they couldn't match their early season form and we pulled away and eventually won the league by 16 points. Europe was also a decent run out, we carried on our good form in the group to qualify behind Dortmund. Over two legs we beat St. Etienne and Marseille and were knocked out in the quarters by Valencia. It was a very good run, especially overcoming a home leg loss to Marseille but I found my tactics to be far too much pot luck! It was like we either turned up and battered a team with our 4-4-2 or got battered there was no middle ground. And in the league I usually watched matched on key highlights, not really how I want to play the game!

Lads, I may have to return to a Celtic save later! I'm finding it to be very dull! I left you at the halfway point with us having just regained top spot from Ross County. As expected they couldn't match their early season form and we pulled away and eventually won the league by 16 points. Europe was also a decent run out, we carried on our good form in the group to qualify behind Dortmund. Over two legs we beat St. Etienne and Marseille and were knocked out in the quarters by Valencia. It was a very good run, especially overcoming a home leg loss to Marseille but I found my tactics to be far too much pot luck! It was like we either turned up and battered a team with our 4-4-2 or got battered there was no middle ground. And in the league I usually watched matched on key highlights, not really how I want to play the game!

id urge you to stick with it. when playing celtic, its always going to be a limited challenge in the first 5-10 seasons in terms of wining silverware. the real challenge comes with raising the league standard and reputation through co-efficients, allowing more money to be brought in to it and allowing the other teams to bring in a higher standard of players and compete at a higher level.

if you stick with it long enough you could see the league turning into a 3 or 4 horse race, teams like hearts or aberdeen reaching europa league finals, and teams like st johnstone producing wonderkids. it can get really exciting and interesting if you stick it out

Well done on the turnaround McGougan33, though I have no idea how you got into such a pickle in the first place ;) every season has been a doddle for me so far, so much so that this happened last season:

2nbvhp5.jpg

An unbeaten season and a new record for total points accrued. Though success in Europe still eludes me despite making it into the UCL group stages every season, in five seasons the furthest I've got is the quarter final of the UCL, where I was knocked out by Real Madrid 6-4 on aggregate. I've enjoyed great success in the loan and free transfer market, picking up players such as James Wilson, Hirving Lozano, Marco van Ginkel and Suso to name a few for nothing.

Genuinely no idea either!! Just hit a severe dip in form and took a change of tactics to sort it out.

Very impressive! How are you playing? And whats your squad?

What exactly is boring you about it? Tactics were pot luck for me aswell, I thought I had nailed it until it went tits up as I mentioned above, then took a complete change of tactics to make it seemingly much more solid and in control.

Turned the season right around as mentioned fella`s

Will post a wee screenshot of last seasons competition highlights, including a very impressive european run which I was unfortunately finally taken down by Dynamo Kyiv.

On a plus note, in season five, No qualifies for the CL needed, straight into the group stages which im very happy with as that cuts 6 games out of the season!

id urge you to stick with it. when playing celtic, its always going to be a limited challenge in the first 5-10 seasons in terms of wining silverware. the real challenge comes with raising the league standard and reputation through co-efficients, allowing more money to be brought in to it and allowing the other teams to bring in a higher standard of players and compete at a higher level.

if you stick with it long enough you could see the league turning into a 3 or 4 horse race, teams like hearts or aberdeen reaching europa league finals, and teams like st johnstone producing wonderkids. it can get really exciting and interesting if you stick it out

What exactly is boring you about it? Tactics were pot luck for me aswell, I thought I had nailed it until it went tits up as I mentioned above, then took a complete change of tactics to make it seemingly much more solid and in control.

Cheers lads, you both seem to be having a lot of fun with the bhoys along with a couple of others!

I just seem to be watching it and not having to pay a lot of attention to getting tactics to work, like I say I just banged in a 4-4-2 and won the league at a canter and did well in Europe. When I play I like to have to micro-manage! Like I've just switched to playing as Aberdeen and I feel like I've got to watch games a lot closer and focus on a lot of things which to me is just more fun!

I understand the co-efficient thing though and that gets my nerdy numbers side going! Realistically, how long are we talking for that and has anyone seen SPL sides buying higher reputation players and developing decent squads yet?

Cheers lads, you both seem to be having a lot of fun with the bhoys along with a couple of others!

I just seem to be watching it and not having to pay a lot of attention to getting tactics to work, like I say I just banged in a 4-4-2 and won the league at a canter and did well in Europe. When I play I like to have to micro-manage! Like I've just switched to playing as Aberdeen and I feel like I've got to watch games a lot closer and focus on a lot of things which to me is just more fun!

I understand the co-efficient thing though and that gets my nerdy numbers side going! Realistically, how long are we talking for that and has anyone seen SPL sides buying higher reputation players and developing decent squads yet?

Im in my 5th season and the other teams are starting to buy well, get some good players in.

Hi Bhoys n Ghirls,

Have found the hoops to be a mixed bag this year. Some decent potential to work with but true to real life you miss big Virgil.

First season was a bit of a slog tbh. Won the league but was defensively hopeless throughout the season and injuries to key players really stopped me building any momentum.

Main movers and shakers in and out were:

2015/16

Andre Martins - S.Lisbon for 1.3mil - A very good central midfielder who keeps the team ticking alongside Brown. After Martins it was mainly loans with Wimmer (Spurs), Traore (Chelsea) and in the Jan window Shane Long (Southampton) all being key players.

Out went Stokes for 2mil and Johansen who took the huff early doors for 3.3mil with lots of add ons.

2016/17

Reynet - 3.9mil (Dijon) - Gordon was getting injured a lot so I needed a new goalie. Reynet is very good at one vs one situations and does everything else well enough.

Tosca - 2mil (FC Steau) - Scouts picked him up doing well for Romania. Can do a job at left back or in the centre of defence.

Cummings - 300k (Hibs) - seemed like sweeties for a capable SPL striker who helped with the homegrown / trained players in Europe.

Out went Scepovic and Boyata for a few hundred grand each and a lot of folk left on free transfers.

Cruised the league but got slapped about in Europe.

2017/18

Mark Uth - 4mil (Hoffenheim) - Big striker who seems a good all rounder

Lasse Schone - 2.5mil (Ajax) - Needed a decent playmaker to supplement what I already had

Lots of guys left on freebies as I wanted to really gut the team and take the squad down to a solid 24 players and then use youth team players to cover if required. Lustig, Forrest, GMS , McGregor, Bailly and Boeriggter all went. Then Bitton went very late in the window to Valencia for 4.5 mil with lots of add ons to take it up to around 8mil.

There have been other signings and some great bargains picked up on free transfers with Michel a right back, Tannane a attacking wide player and a big risk on Giuseppi Rossi who obviously has injury problems. All 3 have been excellent.

The hardest part with Celtic is the amount of injuries you get in the first 2 seasons. Brown, Gordon, Forrest and Mulgrew all picked up bad ones at various points. My saving grace again similar to real life was Griffiths kept me going by playing upfront and in the attacking midfield areas.

If you can try to give O'Connell, Nesbitt and Tierney as many minutes as possible and there is no harm in keeping Henderson once he come back from Hibs as a solid back up for the centre of midfield.

Hail, Hail

Right then lads, I'm carrying on with my save. I've worked through the off season working on a couple of new shapes to try and get an undefeated season, which I know will be very tough. They'll both be possession based and look to pack the defence and midfield to control games. My starting shape will be a 5-3-2 which allows me to keep the pairing of Griffiths and Cifcti who both got 25 goals last year and the secondary shape will be a deep 4-2-3-1 so I can on my tricky wide players and push the likes of Allan into an enganche role!

Naturally I needed a couple of reinforcements and in come young Scottish prospects, Bain, Soutar, Mallan and Leitch, with Henderson and Christie coming back from loan. I'm actually really excited about this next season.

So thanks for the encouragement lads, and the continued posting of people enjoying their Celtic saves!

Im liking the way this thread is shaping up lads, good to see some fresh blood aswell!

Have continued on very well into this season, won 10 out of 10 in the league, drew my first game against Juventus 0-0, albeit got demolished 0-4 against Man City, nothing I could do as they were just far superior. I think we are quite a bit of the pace still in europe, and in this current group I am hoping for 3rd place as Heerenveen I hope have not bought well.

Burst my knee and ankle at football the other day, so should have more time for FM in the mean time :D

Good to see you are continuing on 1967, need folk like you to remain passionate in this great club.

I think we can all agree, we are a club in transition and a realistic european challenger is a 10 year project, unless you have modded the club in anyway of course.

I'm now in my eighth season, and I'd definitely echo what this poster said. After doing reasonably well in Europe over the years the league co-efficient has bumped right up, allowing for two teams in the UCL, and three teams in the Europa. The league has seen some big name managers such as Fernando Hierro and Roberto Mancini come and go. I am starting to notice now that a lot of teams in the league are spending into the millions on transfers, and thus, the quality of the league has seen the rise of some of the most touted wonder kids in the world and the establishment of seasoned internationals for esteemed nations such as England, Italy and Portugal to name but a few.

I have won the league every single season, as well as both cups, save for the League Cup once where I was beaten in the final on penalties. However, slowly but surely I am seeing improvements, no longer am I banishing the vast majority of the league 4/5/6-0 every week. Hopefully in another eight seasons Scottish teams will be challenging in Europe on a regular basis.

Im liking the way this thread is shaping up lads, good to see some fresh blood aswell!

Have continued on very well into this season, won 10 out of 10 in the league, drew my first game against Juventus 0-0, albeit got demolished 0-4 against Man City, nothing I could do as they were just far superior. I think we are quite a bit of the pace still in europe, and in this current group I am hoping for 3rd place as Heerenveen I hope have not bought well.

Burst my knee and ankle at football the other day, so should have more time for FM in the mean time :D

Good to see you are continuing on 1967, need folk like you to remain passionate in this great club.

I think we can all agree, we are a club in transition and a realistic european challenger is a 10 year project, unless you have modded the club in anyway of course.

It is shaping up well, got quite a popular thread going on here! I think I bored myself a little with my 4-4-2 and key highlights so I've started again. Playing my way and probably a lot like Ronny, I conceded a shed load of goals for a club our size last time and my first aim is to tighten us up, van Gaal anyone?

We've started well so far, pre-season has seen us progress to the playoff of the CL against Dila of Georgia (who?). A little tour of Switzerland saw two 4-0 wins followed by 5-0 on aggregate against Zalgiris and 5-1 against M. Tel Aviv. I'm trying to keep hold of everyone and give the likes of Stokes and Johansen a chance. Really, really aiming for an undefeated season, with a secondary target of the steam achievements like parked the bus and iron curtain.

I'm now in my eighth season, and I'd definitely echo what this poster said. After doing reasonably well in Europe over the years the league co-efficient has bumped right up, allowing for two teams in the UCL, and three teams in the Europa. The league has seen some big name managers such as Fernando Hierro and Roberto Mancini come and go. I am starting to notice now that a lot of teams in the league are spending into the millions on transfers, and thus, the quality of the league has seen the rise of some of the most touted wonder kids in the world and the establishment of seasoned internationals for esteemed nations such as England, Italy and Portugal to name but a few.

I have won the league every single season, as well as both cups, save for the League Cup once where I was beaten in the final on penalties. However, slowly but surely I am seeing improvements, no longer am I banishing the vast majority of the league 4/5/6-0 every week. Hopefully in another eight seasons Scottish teams will be challenging in Europe on a regular basis.

This is really great to hear and makes me want to get so far into the game! Good luck Lewis007!

Also interesting thing I was chatting to 1967 about, Last year I went straight into the group stages (screenshot above is current season)

The screenie provided I have had to go into the third qualifying round for some bizarre reason, even though the nation as a whole had improved and went up the rankings, so had the league as you can see. Unless there is a valid explanation for that, then I fear it may be a belter of a bug.

ive finished my first season and will post a review in the next day or two. safe to say it was successful, with jock stein status granted. brought the champions league home to paradise! im sure there will be people who are sceptical about whether this is possible without saving before big matches and reloading as someone on TalkCeltic has suggested, but i hope that anyone on here who is somewhat familiar with my posts knows that im an advocate of playing the game unaided so im not the type to do save and reload. anyway, full season review in a day or two.

in the meantime, i really need a deep lying forward. less of a project and more of a finished article. griff and ciftci have been moved on and prince isnt ready to lead the line yet so i need a starter who is a extremely competent in a DLF role or at least has the attributes to be trained fairly quickly into one - any suggestions? budget of about 12-15m to spend on him

Anyone sticking with the current squad- was curious how the MFs developed for Celtic managers. For some reason Callum McGregor did really well for me in FM15 and wondered if Scott Allen, Ryan Christie, or Liam Henderson were worth keeping.

Anyone sticking with the current squad- was curious how the MFs developed for Celtic managers. For some reason Callum McGregor did really well for me in FM15 and wondered if Scott Allen, Ryan Christie, or Liam Henderson were worth keeping.

I've only played a season as the hoops but I was seeing improvements from those players. Game time and training! Ok Henderson was out of my control but game time at Hibs helped him a little, although I do find Henderson to be a tricky player to use, not a defensive midfielder but doesn't really have the flair or technicals to be an attacking midfielder. Good enough for the SPL though. I'm a massive advocate of giving our young bhoys game time.

I've only played a season as the hoops but I was seeing improvements from those players. Game time and training! Ok Henderson was out of my control but game time at Hibs helped him a little, although I do find Henderson to be a tricky player to use, not a defensive midfielder but doesn't really have the flair or technicals to be an attacking midfielder. Good enough for the SPL though. I'm a massive advocate of giving our young bhoys game time.

I completely agree. I try to sign as many Scottish or Irish players as I can, then supplement with Scandinavian players. On occasion I would go into Eastern Europe, but not too often. I just try to play somewhat realistic. Celtic are not going to sign too many South Americans (Schiedt).

I tried to use Henderson as a BBM in a midfield diamond and he just did OK. Also tried him out as a DLP (s) but didn't think he fit in well there

Christie has the highest potential of anyone in the squad so definitely keep hold of him. Allan also pretty good on that front so probably worth keeping although unlikely to be anything more than a squad player. Henderson has a random PA so depends on your luck, he'll either develop into a really decent squad player or be nowhere near good enough.

Decided to start a Celtic save after reading through this article and just finished my second season. The league both times have been fairly easy as it would be expected, so the challenge is really in Europe.

2015/16:

8VpUZWs.png

Transfers in the first season, Augustinsson was particularly good, has left now to Real Madrid for £5m + 40% of next sale

Notable outs were Izaguirre to Marseille for £2m and Johansen to Wolfsburg for £6m after he kicked off for not being allowed to leave

I1rRnCp.png

Won the league easily, looks closer than it was due to me not winning any games after the league split. Knocked out in the 4th round of the Scottish Cup and the semis of the League Cup

Q4fGavk.png

Done well to get through the Champions League group stage but were battered by Barcelona in the knockout stages

2016/17:

vFQZlcl.png

Big spending spree in the 2nd year after getting a very generous £20m+ budget. Rajkovic my goalkeeper for years to come, already displaced Gordon, Rhodes can't stop scoring with Dijks coming in to replace Augustinsson who left in January. Notable outs were Rogic, Stokes and Scepovic

S4aPR74.png

More of a gap between us and second this season

gfysZPQ.png

Champions League good again in an extremely hard group, but easily knocked out in the 1st knockout round again

Really enjoying this save so far, hopefully won't be too long before I can have a real run in Europe!

Well thought I would post up my first update of this years game. Really struggled first two seasons. Just couldn't get the tactics right (so I thought). My biggest regret is not settling on a formation or style and sticking with it.

Heres the transfers for 2015/16:

Transfers%202015_zpsgoqml5kd.png

Bruno Zuculini - He was only brought as back up for Broonie and rarely played.

Kristffer Ajer - One for the future and although young did play pretty well. Tried not to play him too much with his age.

Andriji Zikovic - Surprisingly I really struggled to get the best out of him. I now realised it was more the way I was trying to play and constantly changing my formation wouldn't have helped.

Jordan Larsson - I got really lucky with him as he does seem to have random stats and looked like he could develop really good. Plus who could resist the kings son.

Linus Wahlqvist - Another player I was hoping to develop. Didn't play too much and was used as a squad player.

Iver Fossum - I really struggled with him but once again this could have been more my fault than anything else.

Erik Sviatchenko - Played really well for me the first season. One of the few people I did manage to play decent.

Premiership

The league looks quite good for the first season but those losses and draws came in the first half of the season. Thankfully I played better in the second half of the season and if it wasn't for the goal scoring from Leigh Griffiths I would have struggled more. The defence really struggled despite Sviatchenko playing decent I could not understand why the goals were flying in against us. This as part of the reason I assumed it was my tactics and kept changing it a lot.

League%20table%2015_zpsccgllk4f.png

Scottish Cup

What better way to win by humping your rivals.

Scottish%20cup%2015_zpsgf7mtjbx.png

League Cup

Pretty straight forward with goals from Commons and Zivkovic.

League%20cup%2015_zpsbc3skfdn.png

Europe

The champions league qualifiers started off so well but couldn't carry that form into the group stages.

europe15_zpshcszuxgx.png

finally got some time to post my first season review!

starting with summer transfers, brought in 7 signings;

john hou saeter - 39.5k

prince larsson - 500k, loaned back to helsingborg until jan

andrija zivkovic - 850k

sondre rossbach - 22.5k

vlad mihalcea - 350k

martin hinteregger - 4.5m

oscar lewicki - 1.5m

mulgrew, commons and stokes went out for a combined 4.5m and johansen was loaned to wolfsburg for the season. i then brought in ondrej mazuch on a free once he recovered from injury in October.

you might expect zivkovic to have been the best signing of the lot, but id say hou saeter was probably my best signing and probably the first name in the centre of the park for me. hinteregger and mazuch formed a pretty solid CB partnership too.

in january, i had larsson back from loan as back up strike but he soon played his way ahead of griff up front. i also brought in sven bender for 5m and miguel angel Moya for 3.5, while boyata, cole, allan and efe all went out for 4m combined.

in terms of the league, it was wrapped up in early march and finished 40pts ahead of partick in 2nd, 33w-2d-3l, 101pts.

won the league cup beating the rangers in the final, 3-1. lost the scottish cup final to aberdeen, 3-1.

champions league - qualified for group stages via zalgiris, partisan and malmo. drew chelsea, wolfsburg and sevilla and came 2nd in the group with 4 wins. 1st knockout round drew barcelona, went through on away goals after a 1-0 home win and 3-2 defeat at nou camp. quarterfinal against monchengladbach, went through 8-4 on aggregate after a 4-3 away defeat and 5-0 home win. semifinal against roma, went through 5-1 on aggregate after a 5-0 home win and a 1-0 away defeat. final against bayern, won 2-0. zivkovic finished top scorer in the competition too.

tactics were predominantly a 4-1-2-3, almost trying to replicate a guardiola-era barca style. sometimes switched to a more defensive minded 4-2-3-1 for the tough away matches in europe.

just getting into the 2nd season now with gordon, bitton, ciftci, griffiths, rossbach, bailly, johansen, rogic, mcgregor, gms, and izzy all leaving for a total of 31.5m.

brought in kepa arrizabalga for 3.5m and michy batshuayi for 8m. got about 23m remaining to spend and need to bring in left back to challenge tierney and a winger. may also need to find a new CB as hinteregger is looking to move, but hes only going if someone pays his 20m buyout clause icon_mrgreen.gif

if anyone wants any screenshots of tactics, instructions or any players then let me know and i will post them

How is everyone's regens? My youth that are coming through have been pretty terrible. Out of 3 seasons my best player has had a pa of 110. Hamilton and Rangers are producing better players than me even though I have better staff and facilities.

Season 2 update

Transfers 2016/17

transfers%202016_zpslx3ncdia.png

I was pretty happy with the signings but really should have invested in centre backs. I thought the defenders I had were good enough but unfortunately had the same problem as the season before with some dodgy defending.

Premier League

league%202016_zpsjgkwpmuv.png

Terrible season in terms of Celtic standards. Once again letting in the goals which was due to my tactics which I'll explain in my next update.

Scottish Cup

scottish%20cup%202016_zpspbuyyim8.png

Took for granted playing Inverness in the cup. I rotated the squad a bit too much and suffered for it.

League Cup

League%20cup%202016_zpskfusucvo.png

Managed to sail through the League Cup. If only I did the same to Inverness in this than what happened in the Scottish cup.

Europe

europe%2016_zpso8mle41y.png

Europe was pretty much the same as the year before...(my Deila season)not much progress. It was a season to forget which had me considering to stop it but I am glad I stuck to my guns.

Glasgow Celtic Update 2017/18

crest_zpsimy8zdsr.jpg

Transfers 2017/18

transfers%202017_zpsz82b1uqc.png

Jon Flanagan - He got injured twice but he was pretty solid defensively.

Michael Keane - Where had he been all my short fm manager life....he was a massive player for me and madde such a difference. Really paid off investing in him.

Dennis Praet - Originally bought to back up Biton but outshone him by a fair distance. He was a great assist making playmaker.

Borek Dockal - Really disappointed in him but it is his first season so may give him another season yet.

Patrick Eckert - A young regen who has potential to be world class. Bought him to eventually replace Broonie.

Tactic

tactic_zpsniss18w5.png

This is the tactic that changed the game for me. I like to go through the game too quickly but thought I would try for a change and to sit down and watch the games live and look for what was going wrong. Two things were obvious....the goals we were conceding were coming from the flanks as I seemed to be leaving too much space on the wings. I had attacking wingbacks but I was getting too punished. The problem also came from leaving my center backs that exposed showed how bad my center backs were as they could not cope with the pressure. I also noticed the center backs I paired with Sviatchenko had either a bad marking stat or a bad concentration stat. I seemed to get more punished by this than last years game.

Changes to be made:

• Bring in another quality CB
  • Change the roles for the fullbacks

As you can see I brought in Keane and made changes to my wingbacks and made them fullbacks. I've always kept away from fullbacks but they can still be very useful attacking players. I always start on standard but that is just to figure out how the opposition team is playing and I will change depending on how the game is going. Another problem I faced was I couldn't get zivkovic into the game as much as I liked and he was getting terrible ratings. Just by changing his duty to a support duty has completely changed it for him and you can see how good his scoring record is now.

Starting to look like a rather decent team Larsson1888

Nice job on the CL Michaelhill, some times these first season wonders do happen

---

Any of you had succes by bringing in the Dun Uth youngsters (or other Scottish kids)? Coote became world class for my Celtic team in FM15, Telfer was really good as well, as were the older Souttar. This year Harry Souttar looks really promising this year

Starting to look like a rather decent team Larsson1888

Nice job on the CL Michaelhill, some times these first season wonders do happen

---

Any of you had succes by bringing in the Dun Uth youngsters (or other Scottish kids)? Coote became world class for my Celtic team in FM15, Telfer was really good as well, as were the older Souttar. This year Harry Souttar looks really promising this year

Thanks buddy. I was tempted by Harry Souttar but wasn't sure if he had random stats or not as his technical attributes were pretty bad. Wish I had took a chance on him. How far on are you in your game?

Thanks buddy. I was tempted by Harry Souttar but wasn't sure if he had random stats or not as his technical attributes were pretty bad. Wish I had took a chance on him. How far on are you in your game?

not started yet, told the wife that the kids should be getting me it for xmas, as the game usually isn't "playable" until the December patch comes out, and it is nice to get a thing that you likes for xmas instead of all socks and thighs

so I've just loaded up the demo to check out players

not started yet, told the wife that the kids should be getting me it for xmas, as the game usually isn't "playable" until the December patch comes out, and it is nice to get a thing that you likes for xmas instead of all socks and thighs

so I've just loaded up the demo to check out players

I set myself out to do the exact same thing and no surprise it didn't last lol. Think the worst thing I did was come on here. You still at fm15?

Archived