Gundo's FM16 European Adventure Challenge™

Congrats on the invincibles season Quacky. I totally understand the domestic dominance thing.

I also get frustrated at not getting full value for players, but believe this is realistic and is the same in real life. Players sell for a lot less if they are not tested at a high level as they represent a larger risk for the buying club and have a greater chance of not stepping up to the level.

Looks like you need a couple of group stages in Europe to increase the co-efficient both of Wales and your own for seeding purposes.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am speechless. 3rd place is more than I could ever hope for and it also means that we are qualified for the EL. For most of the season we were Leicestering (it's a verb now :D). The comparison to Leicester is relevant since we played similar to how they do irl with focus on deadly counter-attacks and it worked for most of the season although the big boys got us figured out a bit during the end of the Champions group. In the end Dynamo and Steaua Bucarest was a number to big for us and will prove to be tough nuts to crack in the future.

Key players

Fabio Novo: What a monster. 27 goals and 12 assists in 37 games is just brutal.

Nico Varela: The main link to Novo. His crosses, free kicks and corners in the end got him 18 assists and 7 goals.

Daniel Dajbog: No need to repeat myself with this guy, solid as ever.

Youth intake:

My coaches rate this guy very highly but personally feel he has way too much he needs to improve but we will see, might get some use out of him.

Next season

I am looking forward to getting murdered in the EL and I am a bit worried that our participation there might hinder our progress domestically. Hopefully it won't be so and we can aim for Europe next season as well but we will require serious strengthening and more importantly some depth in the squad as injuries is a big threat currently.

The board has given me a little gift, seems they have learned how to negotiate with the local politicians this time :D

Season     Division                Romanian cup     Romanian league cup   Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               11th
2017/18    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               6th
2018/19    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               2nd           Promotion
2019/20    Romanian division 1        N/A               First round       9th
2020/21    Romanian division 1        Qtr. final        Qtr. Final        9th
2021/22    Romanian division 1        7th round         Qtr. Final        3th           Qualfied for EL 

Overview

A return to domestic dominance. Our life was made a lot easier with an injury to Újpest's top striker, Emmanuel Salami. The man who has caused us the most problems over the last 5yrs.

In Europe, the North London teams undid us. Arsenal in the Champions Cup and Tottenham in the Europa Cup. The top three Hungarian teams all made the knockout rounds and we took Újpest out in the 2nd round.

The league: 1st by 10pts

Hungarian Cup: Winners. 2-0 win over Ferencváros in the final

Hungarian Super Cup: 5-0 thrashing of Újpest

Europe: Europa Cup Semi final. 2-3 aggregate loss to Spurs.

Under 19s: A third title

The Players

Several teams were making offers for Quesnal and they were coming close to his 10m release clause. So I ended up negotiating a 9.5m fee plus 4m in future fees for him from Liverpool.

Liverpool also made a 4.9m offer for Butler. He got upset when I refused, so I said I would accept a reasonable bid and he ended up going to Al-Nassr for 10m.

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th
2031/32    Baja          Div I                    12th             Relegated
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2035/36    Baja          Div I                    8th
2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round
2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage
2040/41    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Europa League semifinal
2041/42    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League semifinal

Nicely done Fastbasher, How far did you go in CL?

Lost in the best placed playoff round to Arsenal, 0-0 away, 1-2 at home. The Hungarian champions go straight to the group stage, so I thought this was our chance to get two teams in the group stage. But the draw for the playoff round is tough if you're not a seeded team.

I've been away for a few weeks and have just been catching up on everyone's progress.

Amazing progress in Wales, Quacky! Good to see at least one of us can win the league and start making some progress.

At least Lido can win the league in your game Taunton, if not in mine!

And good luck Malteser! The first season is always the trickiest.

Some great work in the other leagues as well - good job Fastbasher for winning the league and for everyone else making progress.

I'm still in the pre-season of 2021/22 and have just played my first match in a while - losing 7 - 2 to a non-league team in what should have been a simple warm-up! Lots of work needed before the season starts I think...

150px-Cabinteely_FC_crest_2015.png

Ok, next attempt, this time we're going to Ireland to take over Cabinteely FC. They were granted admission to the Irish First Division for the first time in 2015 and finished last in their first season, 1 point behind Waterford United. I've always wanted to try Ireland and taking over a newly promoted team in Dublin should be fun.

My Profile

Club Profile

2015 Table

On first glance, the team looks pretty good so, if nothing else, I like our chances of not finishing last and that should be enough to keep us around a second season.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2024/25 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]Champions!! "](Positions)

Finally we managed to win the league, and in convincing style as well. It was a matter of being a bit more adventurous and then the title was ours. It was about time, and now I hope we can get some money from CL-qualification to finally go professional.

We played our reserves in the cups and went out because of that, our squad doesn't have the depth to challenge on all fronts yet. More upliffting was that our left side has a 16 year old and a 17 year old getting their break throughs and are valuable members of the team.

Oh, and we went out in the first qualifying round of the Europa league as usual, this time against Lech.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: Third year in a row. What a player.

Top scorer: "]Sean Miller: Changed his role to an inside forward and he scored a lot.

Next season: Earn some money. Defend the title.

Season  | Welsh Prem | JD Welsh Cup |  theWord Cup |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre      (12)
2017/18 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird     (14)
2018/19 |    2nd     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Jack Laird     (13)
2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell (24)
2020/21 |    2nd     |   3rd rnd    |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey   (18)
2021/22 |    4th     |   3rd rnd    |    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (11)
2022/23 |    2nd     |  Semi final  |  Semi final  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (21)
2023/24 |    4th     |  Semi final  |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    ( 9)
2024/25 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   3rd rnd    |   3rd rnd    | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Sean Miller    (22)

Well, already off to a better start in Ireland as we knock off Premier League side Wexford in our first meaningful game, a 3-2 come from behind extra time win in the Leinster Senior Cup.

Season 2019 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: This was a loooonngg season. At one point, I was really convinced we were going to be relegated or end up somewhere there. We scored the least number of goals in the league: 19 goals. Maybe it was partly my fault, because I was tinkering my tactics a bit, but trying to get them settled into the new one. Trying to convert my midfielder into a false nine.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Try to avoid relegation

Media prediction: 11th

Icelandic Cup: Fourth Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Results:

Premier Division: 7th | League Table | Player Stats

Icelandic Cup: Quarter-Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Group

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Viktor Karl Einarsson: Ok, he's my best player this season without a doubt. Mentioned that I had doubts last season but this season he was great. Most PoM in the league with his consistent performances. I am also telling him to cut down on his long shots as he was attempting them too often for my liking. Supporter's Player of the Year and named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Andri Fannar Stefánsson: A new signing playing in the B2B role initially. He's the one I'm training to be a F9 as my striker had low anticipation and was not performing well in the role. Still awkward in the role but I hope he adjusts to it soon. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Atli Fannar Jónsson: Another new sigining. He was my striker. Top scorer in my team with 8 goals (T-T). Now converting him to an AML AP(s) and there's been a noticeable improvement in how involved he is in the team's build-up. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

No Youth Recruitment.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Mid-table position

2) Get board to approve youth recruitment.

3) Sharpen the attacking team.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup         Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           -
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals
2019   Premier Division    7th      Quarter-Finals      Group

Overview

This was a really strange season. Low scoring in the league for everyone, several upsets and in the end Újpest failed to qualify for Europe at all.

Us, Ferencváros and Újpest all got knocked out of the cup in the early rounds when they were held on an international weekend, leaving it wide open. Gyirmót ended up beating Győr on penalties in the final.

In Europe four Hungarian teams reached the group stages for the first time ever. Us in the Champions Cup, Újpest, Ferencváros and Győr in the Europa Cup. All except Ferencváros made the Europa Cup knockout stages and the Hungarian coefficient is now 8th in Europe.

There were also three takeovers in the 1st division, including us. A power swing perhaps?

Prize money in the Hungarian division one has also tripled since we came up.

The League: 1st by 13pts

Hungarian Cup: Lost 0-1 to SZEOL in the 3rd round with youth and reserve players

Hungarian Super Cup: Lost to Újpest on penalties after a 3-3 draw

Europe: 3rd in Champions Cup group, then lost the Europa Cup 1st knockout round 1-2 and 1-3 to Monaco

The Players

I streamlined the playing staff this year in an effort to raise funds and reduce wages. I also wanted to try to bring more Hungarians back into the team, so used the youth products as substitutes and cover for injuries.

Gyula Kelemen is one promising player that has been attracting attention from big teams recently.

We raised 48m in transfer kitty and 63m overall, so I'm hoping to attract a couple of star players for next season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round
2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage
2040/41    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Europa League semifinal
2041/42    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League semifinal
2042/43    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League 1st K/O round

Looking good, Fastbasher. How far away are you from European glory you reckon?

Well, the Europa league could happen any season. We are as good as any of the clubs winning it.

Champions league will be a bit more difficult. The top 16 in Europe seemed to have opened up a gap over the others and have consistent solid victories.

Having said that, we made some good signings this off season and won our first CL group game 4-1 over Liverpool.

This season I think Hungary will become 7th in the European coefficients. This gives a top seeding to the top Hungarian team which should mean consistent CL knockout rounds and the ability to sign some of the top players.

So, it is possible any time now, will have a much higher chance in about 3 seasons I guess.

Taunton I've only gotten up to 5 in a game, sad to see you smashing Cefn Druids. It was the club I started with before the sacking train and it has the best name by far.

Fastbasher Does the league reputation increase about the same rate as the coefficients? And does that increase the amount your players are worth. I remember in previous versions I was playing in San Marinese league and the value of players never increased despite the rep/coefficient going up. Still a lot of seasons left for me though despite having an absolute stormer in Europe this year.

Taunton I've only gotten up to 5 in a game, sad to see you smashing Cefn Druids. It was the club I started with before the sacking train and it has the best name by far.

Fastbasher Does the league reputation increase about the same rate as the coefficients? And does that increase the amount your players are worth. I remember in previous versions I was playing in San Marinese league and the value of players never increased despite the rep/coefficient going up. Still a lot of seasons left for me though despite having an absolute stormer in Europe this year.

I don't know if the league rep and coefficient have a direct correlation, but I think it's fair to assume that if one is going up, then the other should as well.

The values of my players are very low compared to previous versions. They are going up slowly. I assumed this was because I was getting better players, but league rep could have something to do with it. There are too many variables for me to know for sure.

oSLLtOQ.png

Flint Town United - 2016/17 season review

League: 10th

Better first season than I had hoped when I started this save. I was expecting to have to struggle until the last games of the season and thought I was likely to be relegated. Instead we survived very comfortably in the end, seven points ahead of Llandudno. I can't put this down to us being any good, just that the two below were quite a bit worse than us. Our attack was the worst in the league by quite a way, something we should look to improve before the start of next season.

Cups: Word Cup 3rd Round/Welsh Cup Quarters

Managed to get to the quarter finals in both cups, which isn't too bad. Probably could've gotten further in the Word Cup as we should've beaten Barry but it doesn't really matter.

Top scorer: Steve Connor - 9 goals (I really need better strikers)

Key player: John McKenna (No-one really stood out, did a decent job at defensive mid)

Youth intake: 1 2 3

Couple of players my coaches rate well. All attacking mids/wingers which is unfortunate but they've all got a bit of versatility. Might be worth giving a chance in a few games next season.

Next Season: Score more goals, improve on 10th place

Season  |  Welsh Premier  |  Welsh Cup  |  Word Cup  |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
2016/17 |      10th       |   Quarters  |  3rd Round |     N/A     |  Steve Connor (9)

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2030/31

It was about time for a big season, it started against Sparta Prague with a good home draw and a win away, tricky but job done. Next up a glorious draw, Azeri champions Qarabağ, who were easily dispatched to send us into moneyland. Finally I had a chance at the champions league group stage with just Dinamo Zagreb in the way but they played too well over the two legs despite being a team I should have a shot at.

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

Rhyl 1-1 Sparta Prague

Sparta Prague 1-2 Rhyl

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Qarabağ 1-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 3-0 Qarabağ

Champions League Playoff

Rhyl 1-2 Dinamo Zagreb

Dinamo Zagreb 1-0 Rhyl

Into the Europa League we went, meeting Rapid Wien, 3 points, Viktoria Plzen, 3 points and Fenerbahce a fortunate 1 point leaving us mostly qualified after the first 3 games and top of the groups. A draw against Rapid Wien confirmed our qualification despite a poor collapse against Viktoria Plzen. This set up the classic game too far, Fiorentina too strong. A very sucessful European campaign all round.

Europa League Group L

Rapid Wien 0-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 2-0 Viktoria Plzen

Rhyl 1-1 Fenerbahce

Fenerbahce 3-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 0-0 Rapid Wien

Viktoria Plzen 5-2 Rhyl

Europa League 1st Knockout

Rhyl 0-3 Fiorentina

Fiorentina 2-1 Rhyl

Domestically, we win again, there was a board takeover which gave us £2.5M injection (not that it was needed) but then they paid themself £2M bonus from the profits at the end of the season. Money grabbing w***ers.

Key man: Danny Baines

Top scorer: Charley Holmes, an impressive 50 goals on the season. We lost last years poacher but it isn't a position that is hard to find players for (Unlike the critical wingbacks in my system).

Season  | Team        | League | Welsh Cup | Word Cup  | Europe     | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | 4th Rnd*  | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 24th Jan
2017/18 | Prestatyn   | 11th   | Qtr Fnl   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Relegated
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 10th Nov
2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 2nd Feb
2021/22 | Newtown     | 12th   | 4th Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Quit, 1st Mar
2022/23 | Rhyl        | 6th    | Semi Fnl  | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | SURVIVED!
2023/24 | Rhyl        | 2nd    | Qtr Fnl   | Runner Up | N/A        | Europa League
2024/25 | Rhyl        | 4th    | Runner Up | 2nd Rnd   | EL 2nd Rnd | Europa League
2025/26 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Runner Up | Semi Fnl  | EL 1st Rnd | Champions League
2026/27 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Champions League
2027/28 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | Winners   | CL Playoff | EL Group Stage
2028/29 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Qtr Fnl   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Awful draw
2029/30 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 3rd Rnd | EL Playoff
2030/31 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | Semi Fnl  | CL Playoff | EL 1st Knockout

Good stuff Quacky. That will have a positive effect on the coefficient.

How are the other Welsh teams doing in Europe?

Badly. TNS has been struggling a bit and unable to keep their best players, I also stole quite a few of them past few seasons. Bala is also professional and has been fighting them hard in the league and Aberystwyth has been going well too and I would expect will turn professional soon. The problem is with 3 teams all fighting for 2nd spot behind me there isn't enough quality to go around and they are all doing terribly in Europe. From my experience it only really changes when you get the coefficient high enough to have 2 champions league slots, that way the 2nd place is guaranteed so much money and reputation they have to improve.

oSLLtOQ.png

Flint Town United - 2016/17 season review

League: 10th

Better first season than I had hoped when I started this save. I was expecting to have to struggle until the last games of the season and thought I was likely to be relegated. Instead we survived very comfortably in the end, seven points ahead of Llandudno. I can't put this down to us being any good, just that the two below were quite a bit worse than us. Our attack was the worst in the league by quite a way, something we should look to improve before the start of next season.

Cups: Word Cup 3rd Round/Welsh Cup Quarters

Managed to get to the quarter finals in both cups, which isn't too bad. Probably could've gotten further in the Word Cup as we should've beaten Barry but it doesn't really matter.

Top scorer: Steve Connor - 9 goals (I really need better strikers)

Key player: John McKenna (No-one really stood out, did a decent job at defensive mid)

Youth intake: 1 2 3

Couple of players my coaches rate well. All attacking mids/wingers which is unfortunate but they've all got a bit of versatility. Might be worth giving a chance in a few games next season.

Next Season: Score more goals, improve on 10th place

Season  |  Welsh Premier  |  Welsh Cup  |  Word Cup  |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
2016/17 |      10th       |   Quarters  |  3rd Round |     N/A     |  Steve Connor (9)

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2025/26 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

And we won both cups as well, our first domestic treble!! ("]theWord Cup) ("]JD Welsh Cup)

This was our best season by far. Even though we didn't take as much points as last year we were in control from start to finish. It looks like we are about to stay at the top for a while now, and our next target is getting further in Europe. To do that we need to turn professional. I will lose two players this year because they are refusing to renew their contracts unless we turn professional. It is really frustrating since they will be without a club for years since they refuse other clubs in Wales and there are no other options in my game since I play with only the welsh league.

We lost to Ferencvaros in the 2. round of Champions league qualification.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: Fourth year in a row. He is like good wine, gets better with age.

Top scorer: "]Paul Powell: Back on the throne. This season I got 5 players hitting double figures, and one player scoring seven in one game. But Powell scored the most.

Next season: Turn pro. It is all that matters.

2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre      (12)
2017/18 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird     (14)
2018/19 |    2nd     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Jack Laird     (13)
2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell ([b]24[/b])
2020/21 |    2nd     |   3rd rnd    |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey   (18)
2021/22 |    4th     |   3rd rnd    |    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (11)
2022/23 |    2nd     |  Semi final  |  Semi final  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (21)
2023/24 |    4th     |  Semi final  |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    ( 9)
2024/25 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   3rd rnd    |   3rd rnd    | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Sean Miller    (22)
2025/26 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners [/b]  | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (22)

Congrats on second championship Taunton, shame you couldn't get past Ferencvaros. The money from 3rd round turns you pro instantly.

I just got the weirdest news message ever on my game.

- I've been playing all my champions league matches in Wrexham due to capacity issues getting 10-15K attendance.

- Suddenly there is a massive new stadium in Rhyl?

- I never asked for, told I was getting or knew of any new stadium being built in Rhyl, note my league average attendance is around 1500-2000.

Here is my stadium page, and then under champions league games the new one.

- I never thought I'd have a stadium built for me until I at least fill mine in the league.

- The new one is massive, 42000.

- It is built in the future? First match 30 July 2031, built in 2032?

- Its expecting to be a sell out? I never sold out Wrexham's 15500 seater stadium.

I'm confused by this message, a bit excited, does it mean I can move into this stadium full time?

Indeed, an awful lot of people will see Rhyl aim for a record defeat this season. I have no hope, not even a whisker, San Marino qualifying group levels to be achieved. My group consists of Chelsea, AC Milan, Valencia and Rhyl :D

Indeed, an awful lot of people will see Rhyl aim for a record defeat this season. I have no hope, not even a whisker, San Marino qualifying group levels to be achieved. My group consists of Chelsea, AC Milan, Valencia and Rhyl :D

Ha ha. A wonderful quartet:D, good luck:thup:

Congrats Taunton.

Regarding stadiums, when ours was a 5k standing only, we were playing European games at Kecskemet in their 8k seater. Then something must have happened to the rep at some point and we now play European games at Videoton's 27,464 all seater. Which gives us an average attendance for the season above the capacity of our stadium.

Also funny that at a standing only stadium, there were seats on all sides when the game was playing.

Good first season going for us in Ireland so far. 2 games to go, in third place by 3 points with a slight advantage in goal differential and goals scored. If we hold on we get into the promotion playoffs, first facing the 2nd place team and then, if we advance, facing the 11th place Premier League team for a shot at replacing them.

Long weekend coming up before I'll get that opportunity though.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2026/27 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

Pretty straightforward in the end, even though Airbus ran us close most of the season. It was a big gap down to third pace.

We have a decent squad compared to the other teams in Wales, but it is hard to recruit. We have the best reputation in Wales, but the player pool is very limited. I hope turning professional will change that. As i had said before, this is the downside of playing FMT, you cant add players from other nations/leagues, and I get one, maximum two players a year in my youth intake. And they are usually rubbish as well.:lol: It is a test of patience, but still very much fun.

We won "]theWord cup again, and are still kings of theWord!

We lost convincingly to Qarabag in the 2. round of Champions league qualification. No progress there.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: Fiftth year in a row. This time he got an average of 8.00.

Top scorer: "]Shane Jenks-Gilbert: Inside forwards are lethal. He scored aplenty this season.

Next season: We are still waiting to turn pro. Last season I think I was a couple of thousand pounds away from making it happen.

2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell ([b]24[/b])
2025/26 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners [/b]  | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (22)
2026/27 |    [b]1st[/b]     | Quarter final|    [b]Winners[/b]   | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Shane Jenks-Gilbert (22)

Overview

A season of progress, but with mixed results. A new power emerged to challenge the 'big 3'. Fresh off last seasons cup win, Gyirmót made a good run for the title and were only 2pts off the top going into the last game, but had to settle for 3rd.

We qualified from the champions cup group stage for the first time, but got knocked out straight away.

Hungary did get up to 7th in the European coefficients and have a team as top seeds in the group stage. Unfortunately it is Ferencváros who will enjoy that advantage next season.

The League: 2nd

Hungarian Cup: Winners. Thrashed Újpest 6-0

Hungarian Super Cup: Winners. 3-1 in extra time over Gyirmót

Europe: Lost in champions cup 1st knockout round to Man Utd, 1-3 aggregate

The Players

Zoran Jagodic won the European Golden Boy award. Which was a bit strange as he was on loan at Besiktas all season and only scored 10 goals from 16 appearances.

We suffered some fairly lengthy injuries to key players which disrupted things a bit.

2042/43    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League 1st K/O round
2043/44    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Hungarian Cup winners, Champions Cup 1st K/O round

The cup is a bit of a lottery. If there are early rounds on an International weekend, then all the big teams get knocked out. If the dates don't clash, then it's only really Ferencváros, Újpest or us that can win it. Usually all three of us make the semi finals.

4 wins in 28 seasons doesn't sound great. But 3 wins in the 7 seasons we've been at the top in Hungary is a much better ratio.

Season 2020 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: At one point, we almost qualified for Euro Cup. A good enough season, if I'm honest. Still a bit lacking at the front in terms of goals, but we are tighter at the back, with the new transfers covering up the leaks. Injuries and suspensions were our bane this season, and I felt we could probably have done better if we had not suffered from those often. At one point, I had to inject my keeper, something I have never done since the first time I played FM in 2007.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 9th

Icelandic Cup: Quarter-Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Results:

Premier Division: 5th | League Table | Player Stats

Icelandic Cup: Third Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Quarter-Finals

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Viktor Karl Einarsson: Suffered injuries a few times this season. It's such a shame as he was playing well before the injuries. Nonetheless, he was playing so well and consistently at the start of the season, breaking the KV record for the highest average rating in the Upper League Cup. Also named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven and the Supporter's Player of the Year.

Ásgeir Marteinsson: Our utility man. Usually I play him in the B2B role, but due to injuries to Viktor, suspension to my DM, he has played in those roles as well. Didn't contribute as much in terms of goals this season, but I'm quite happy with his consistency. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Atli Fannar Jónsson: I think he's been great this season. Sure, his average rating isn't as high as Viktor's, but he was our main creative force. His performance this year was a huge improvements and his achievements are definitely merited. Named in the Icelandic Team of the Year, 3rd placed Footballer of the Year and the Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

None worth mentioning. (Forgot to screenshot)

Next Season's Goals:

1) Mid-table position.

2) Tinker with formation/tactic to see whether I can improve the attack without compromising the defence too much.

3) Improve scouting range.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup         Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           -
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals
2019   Premier Division    7th      Quarter-Finals      Group
2020   Premier Division    5th      Third Round         Quarter-Finals

2016 Season Summary

Overall a pretty successful first season although we were disappointed to just miss out on the promotion playoffs.

Competition Review

Irish Leinster Senior Cup - Quarter Finals

We won our first game here, defeating Premier League side Wexford Youths 3-2 in extra time before falling in the quarter final in a hard fought 1-2 game at Drogheda Utd.

Irish Senior Challenge Cup - Quarter Finals

We had our biggest win of the year here, shocking a strong Derry City team 3-0 at our place in the second round. We then squeaked by lower level Arklow Town 2-1 before getting roughed up 1-5 by Sligo.

Irish League Cup - First Round

We drew a bad match up here, having to play at St. Patrick's Athletic and losing 0-4.

League Table

We outperformed expectations, finishing 4th with a strong shot at the promotion playoffs all the way to the end. We had a 3 point lead with 2 games left but lost at the champions Finn before winning out last game 1-0. This wasn't enough though as Waterford United won their last two games 3-1 and 3-0, beating us on goal difference. An 8 game run of bad form midseason that saw us only score in 1 of the eight games really cost us.

Key Players

MC Garvan Broughall - Our player of the year, a do everything man in the middle who we also put on the outside at times.

DC Victor Ekanem - Our Nigerian vice-captain, really a rock heading balls out of our box.

ST Shane O'Neill - Our captain and leading scorer with 10 goals.

Top Prospects

AMC David Crossan - We rarely used an AMC this year, usually playing a 5-3-2 WB or a 4-4-2, but I may change that to get Crossan more involved.

GK Cathal Gillen - Our third string goalkeeper this season, planning on using him as a backup and Cup keeper in the upcoming season.

DC Dan Wood - The best of this season's youth intake, he may be a future starter for us.

Finances

In good shape here as we made a 40K profit.

Around Ireland

Shamrock Rovers won the Premier Division, edging out Bohemians and Dundalk, who take the Europa League places. Wexford Youths were relegated.

Dundalk won their second qualifying round Champions League matchup against Aktobe (Kazakhstan) before losing to Maccabi Tel-Aviv. They then got drubbed by AZ in Europa League.

Shamrock won their first qualifying round Europa matchup over Albanian side Vilaznia before losing to Cypriot Anorthosis. Sligo had similar success, beating Crusaders from Northern Ireland before falling to FC Midtjylland. St. Pat's also won their first round matchup with La Fiorita from San Marino before falling to Trvana from Slovakia.

The Republic of Ireland is currently 33rd in nation coefficient in Europe and 97th in the world.

The goal for next season is to get into the playoff spots. Most of our team is young and returning, just need to boost our offensive output. The striker I've already signed for next season, Michael Scott, will hopefully help with that goal.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2027/28 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

And we won the treble again. A domestic clean sweep. ("]theWord cup) ("]JD Welsh Cup)

The league is getting a bit tedious. We are pretty dominant and will be for a long time unless Welsh football will evolve in Europe. We are doing nothing to help on that front, going out every year in the second round and misses the chance to be professional. Well, we will give it another go this year as well. Some day we have to have some luck.

This time we lost to Maccabi Tel-Aviv in the 2. qualifying round.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: He is unstoppable. This was his sixth year running as our best player.

Top scorer: "]Craig Morris: Only seventeen, but scored 23 goals. Promising!

Next season: Our long long quest for Europe continues.

2026/27 |    [b]1st[/b]     | Quarter final|    [b]Winners[/b]   | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Shane Jenks-Gilbert (22)
2027/28 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Craig Morris   (23)

Hi, this will be my first attempt at this challenge, I've been reading the progress of some of the other careers in this thread and have been inspired to give it a try.

I chose to play in Denmark, for no other reason than I was reading an article about the country being having the happiest population in Europe earlier, hopefully I can also be happy there!

4522.png

From the four newly promoted teams I chose Boldklubben Søllerød-Vedbæk, known locally as simply BSV.

Good luck to all the new challengers. Hope you will have a successful journey!

DJB_1990 best of luck with Frigg. They are an old great of Norwegian football, hope you can return them to former greats. I failed miserably with them:D

2017 Season Summary

Great season as we led wire to wire to achieve promotion.

League Table

We were a fortress at home with a 12-2-0 record. Nobody will be joining us as Limerick kept their place in the relegation playoff, beating Longford. We will be replacing last year's First Division champions, Finn Harps.

I won coach of the year and my goalkeeper, Shane Redmond, was named goalkeeper of the year with 10 shutouts. Redmond, DC Darren McNulty, MC Mark Hughes and ST Shane O'Neill were all named to the first division team of the year.

Our success didn't carry over into the cups though.

Irish Leinster Senior Cup - Fourth Round

We went down on penalty kicks to Shelbourne as I probably played overly cautiously in our first game of the season.

Irish League Cup - First Round

Another bad first round matchup for us here as we fell in the first round at Dundalk.

Irish Senior Challenge Cup - Third Round

We beat Arklow Town in this cup again, this time in a 3-2 shootout before falling at University College Dublin 1-2.

Key Players

MC Mark Hughes - A midseason signing for us last year, he was our player of the year this season. Really controls the midfield with his passing.

ST Michael Scott - Our second leading scorer behind O'Neill but gave us a much needed physical presence up front.

DR Karl Byrne - A major pain for opposing sides running up the right, led the team in assists with 8.

Top Prospects

GK Cathal Gillen - Our backup goalkeeper this season and our first international player as he made appearances with the U19 and U21 teams. Hoping I can loan him to a First Division side this season.

DC Graham Keane - The best of our youth intakes so far.

MR John O'Connor - Potential to maybe be a right winger for us in the future.

Finances

In very good shape financially as we had a board takeover that injected about 70K into the team. Can't get the board to improve our youth facilities though.

Around Ireland

Shamrock Rovers won the Premier Division again with only 4 points separating first through fourth with Dundalk, St Pat's Athletic and Cork City taking the next places.

Shamrock was blanked in the second qualifying round Champions League by Dinamo Zagreb. They then got drubbed by AZ in Europa League.

Bohemians lost in the first round of Europa to NK Zagreb. Dundalk won their first round matchup against Kalev from Estonia before falling on away goals to Molde. Galway qualified for Europa on cup play but lost to Anorthosi from Cyprus.

The Republic of Ireland is still 33rd in nation coefficient in Europe but has jumped to 22nd in the world rankings after a strong run of games in World Cup qualification (but not strong enough to qualify).

Next year, we're just looking to survive the top flight. I currently have two players suitable for that level according to my coaches, Hughes and Ekanem, my best center back. Scott is also suitable but unwilling to sign a new contract thus far. I need to find a new goalkeeper as, despite his success, Redmond is just not cut out for the next level. Probably another center back too and a proven goal scorer if we can't get Scott back.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2028/29 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

Another treble. ("]theWord cup) ("]JD Welsh Cup)

Another clean sweep domestically. It is getting a bit boring because we are pretty comfortable but we can't progress in Europe, so its a bit of a waiting game. I refuse to invest in the club to save up money for being pro. But on the other side, it is always nice to win things. My target is to emulate TNS with 15 league wins. Still some way to go.

This year it was Viktoria Plzen that trashed us in the 2. qualifying round.

Best player: "]James "]Lovell: New entrance for the first time in seven years. Lovell scores a lot of goals and provides solid performances.

Top scorer: "]Shane Jenks-Gilbert: Back on the top. Scored one more than Lovell.

Next season: Sigh. Keep on fighting in Europe.

2027/28 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Craig Morris   (23)
2028/29 |    [b]1st[/b]     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | CL-2. Q-rnd |  Shane Jenks-Gilbert (22)

Archived