• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Season 2026 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: Been a while since my last update. Have been busy with work so took a break from FM for a bit. Finally finished the season. So highlights are qualifying for the Champions League Group Stage, which brought us close to 10 mill. but we crashed out spectacularly. Was beaten left right centre. Hahah

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Win

Media prediction: 1st

Icelandic Cup: Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Icelandic Champions Cup: Not important

Champions League: Third Qualifying Phase

Europa League: Can't remember

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

Icelandic Cup: Quarter-Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Winner

Icelandic Champions Cup: Finals

Champions League: Group Stage

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Nikola Vujicic: Named in 2026 Icelandic Team of the Year

Aleksandar Stojanovic: 3rd Placed Footballer of the Year and named in 2026 Icelandic Team of the Year.

Nikolaj Møller: A new purchase who performed very well following the departure of my previous RWB.

Youth Prospect:

2026 Intake

Next Season's Goals:

1) Qualify into Group Stage of Champions League but be more competitive.

2) Improve youth recruitment.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup             Euro Cup           Champions League        Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals
2019   Premier Division    7th      Quarter-Finals      Group
2020   Premier Division    5th      Third Round         Quarter-Finals
2021   Premier Division    2nd      Semi-Finals         Group
2022   Premier Division    3rd      Fourth Round        Quarter-Finals     3rd Qual Rnd
2023   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Semi-Finals        2nd Qual Rnd
2024   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Quarter-Finals        -               2nd Qual Phase          Icelandic Champions Cup Winner
2025   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Winner             Playoff            3rd Qual Phase          Icelandic Champions Cup Winner
2026   Premier Division    1st      Quarter-Finals      Winner                -               Group Stage (4th)       Icelandic Champions Cup Finals

Hello, i would like to participate in this challenge and i have queston about the rule of "only one natioan loaded". IS it strictly against the rules of this challenge to load more nations or is it now more lenient and we can load as many nations as we want as it is now possible in similar challenges like dafuge's, san marino, etc?

tK33whY.png

Frigg Oslo FK | Season 2018

Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1: 5th

Much better than last season, and I consider us unfortunate to have not finished 3rd falling off at the end with 1 win and 5 draws from the final 6 games. Our defence was strong, but too often we didn't have enough firepower to make the difference hence the number of draws.

Cupen: 1st Round

Made a few changes to the team in the first round against lower league Drobak-Frogn, and were edged out 1-0. Not too bothered about this, it's difficult to field strong teams in the cup with a small squad.

Transfers: Summary

All incoming players were good players at this level. I raided Grorud who were surprisingly relegated last season but have some strong players on their books.

Top performer: Havard Lysvoll

Lysvoll, a new signing, was my best performer this season playing just behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1. His attributes are suited to this type of role and was consistently a handful for opponents.

Top goalscorer: Christian Tveit

Another new signing. He did OK, getting 8 goals, but I struggled to get anyone scoring regularly playing the lone striker role.

Aims: Add more firepower in forward positions. The defence is good but we really need to be hitting the net a lot more frequently if we're going to challenge for the title.

| Season | Team       | Division                | Position | Cup       | Top goalscorer      | Attendance |       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   2016 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |      6th | 1st Round | Andre Bakke (13)    |        286 |
|   2017 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |     10th | 2nd Round | Vetle Dragsnes (5)  |        217 |
|   2018 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |      5th | 1st Round | Christian Tveit (8) |        234 |

Hammerfestfk.png

Hammerfest FK - 2025

Going to give this another try as I found a club I couldn't resist. Got into the mid 2020s in another career and saw this club come up for Norway. Hammerfest is the northernmost city in the world with over 10K people (10,217 to be exact). For how far north it is though, it doesn't actually get that cold in the winter thanks to the nearby Norwegian Sea.

Breidablikk stadion

9111.jpg

My Profile

I'm not under any illusions about my chances for success with this one. The team is very old and slow on defense with a 28 year old striker being the youngest non-grey player to start out. We do have some money to spend if any players are available though. Let's see if I can survive.

Good luck Tecmo, I have a career in Hammerfest as well (started there quite a few times, including current save in FM16). Are Hugo Andre Isaksen and Vegard Eriksen still in the team? Probably they are very old though :D

Good luck Tecmo, I have a career in Hammerfest as well (started there quite a few times, including current save in FM16). Are Hugo Andre Isaksen and Vegard Eriksen still in the team? Probably they are very old though :D

Hugo is on the team, should be a pretty important midfielder for us despite being 34. Vegard Ericksen is playing for Kristiansund in the Premier Division. Left the club after 2015, bounced around some, now is backup who doesn't look to be quite good enough for that level judging by his stats.

One piece of good news for us, we immediately got a youth intake before the preseason even begun. Even better, I think there are some players in it who can contribute immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
Hugo is on the team, should be a pretty important midfielder for us despite being 34. Vegard Ericksen is playing for Kristiansund in the Premier Division. Left the club after 2015, bounced around some, now is backup who doesn't look to be quite good enough for that level judging by his stats.

One piece of good news for us, we immediately got a youth intake before the preseason even begun. Even better, I think there are some players in it who can contribute immediately.

Ouch, did not go so well. Even with the youth intake we were totally outclassed and only had 1 win and 1 draw halfway through. Oh well.

tK33whY.png

Frigg Oslo FK | Season 2019

Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1: 1st

Champions! Such a good season where we dominated the league, winning the title with impressive final points total. The defence performed just as well as the previous season, conceding only 21 goals however this time we significantly improved at the other end of the pitch turning those draws that killed us in 2018 into wins. After the season had concluded the board had to take a loan of £1.32m to improve the stadium to meet OBOS-ligaen requirements, hopefully this won't affect next season's budget too much.

Cupen: 2nd Round

Comfortably progressed through the first round, but Stromsgodset proved too strong in the second.

I spent quite a lot on fees to boost the squad, mainly during the mid-season window to ensure we had enough quality to keep our excellent form going. I had to let Dragsnes go cheaply before the season started as he was unhappy and wanted to move to a bigger team. I didn't stand in his way because I have another excellent left winger in Lars Fuhre.

Top performer: Lars Fuhre

Fuhre performed brilliantly on the left wing, scoring 6 goals and assisting 10.

Top goalscorer: Kim Roger Aksoy

Signed this guy on loan from Sarpsborg and his ridiculous pace absolutely decimated defences at this level. He scored 14 goals in 17 appearances before he broke his leg in a Norway U19 game and I had to cancel his loan. Fortunately my decision to bolster the squad mid-season meant that this wasn't as big loss as it could have been, Torbjorn Agdestein arrived and scored 10 goals in 13 appearances.

Aims: I'm not quite sure how big the jump to the OBOS-ligaen will be, so I guess at this stage avoiding relegation would be a sensible target to set for next season.

| Season | Team       | Division                | Position | Cup       | Top goalscorer       | Attendance |       
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   2016 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |      6th | 1st Round | Andre Bakke (13)     |        286 |
|   2017 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |     10th | 2nd Round | Vetle Dragsnes (5)   |        217 |
|   2018 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |      5th | 1st Round | Christian Tveit (8)  |        234 |
|   2019 | Frigg Oslo | Oddsenligaen Avdeling 1 |      1st | 2nd Round | Kim Roger Aksoy (14) |        256 |

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huginn.png

Huginn - 1. delid - 2016

Me - Club

League - We did really well this year. We seemed to hold our own against even the best teams in the league. I would say in parts we probably lost games that we could have won. We suffered when our striker was injured and this cost us dearly at the end of year.

Competitions - Not great but ok for the first year.

Transfers - A lot of players left just before I took over, so I had to replace them with as many frees as I could find

Finance - Awful

Stars

Olaf Alur Petterson - Sat in front of the defence and did amazing was already to push forward when needed

Runar Feynr Porhalisson - Played in front of the defence and did superb

Elmar Bragi Einarrson -Solid all year did really well

Next Year

Really good this year, I would expect us to finish around the same sort of area next year

Season       Team                 League     Position     Upper League Cup        Icelandic Cup          Europe           Notes and Achievements
2016         Huginn               1.deild       5th           Group stage          4th Rnd                N/A              Survived

Huginn.png

Huginn - 1. delid - 2017

Me - Club

League - Not a great season, we started off decent enough but couldnt keep it going. We had an awful mid season which put us right at the bottom of the league. Only a decent end kept us up

Competitions - Awful, out in first round of both

Transfers - Added players to improve my squad, or so I thought

Finance - Finance looking good, new chairman adding a lot of cash to the club

Stars

Olaf Alur Petterson - Another cracking season from one of stars

Bjarni Mark Antonneson - Really did well in his first season at the club

Jonas Bjorvgin Sigurbergsson -Created a lot of chances did really well for us

Next Year

Bit of a disappointment this year, I would expect more next year from this time.

Season       Team                 League     Position     Upper League Cup        Icelandic Cup          Europe           Notes and Achievements
2016         Huginn               1.deild       5th           Group stage          4th Rnd                N/A              Survived
2017         Huginn               1.delid       9th           Group stage          3rd Rnd                N/A

• 2 weeks later...

UOZ9Pme.png

MŠK Púchov | Season 2016/2017

My Profile | Club Profile

Doxxbet Liga :Winner

I really did not expect us to get promoted in the very first season. According the media were supposed to strugle with relegation, but we found ourselves fighting at the top from the start to the finish. We were top of the table for most of the season but a series of 3 defeats in the last 5 maches of the season almost cost us the title, in the end we managed to retain the top position by a single point.

Slovnaft Cup Semi Final

Another fantastic surprise, altough I did not regarded this competition very high because of the lack of prize money, with big help from easy draws our rotated squad managed really good run. In the end we squandered our chance to go to the final and lost against lesser quality opposition only by margin of one goal over two legs.

Capture of free agent Jakub Vojtus was the highlight of the transfers, another one was Sinan Medgyes who got average rating 7.35 this season. We got in also few loanees for very little wage cost since our financial situation is not very good

Three Stars:

Jakub Vojtus (STC) Our top scorer. P37 G23 A6 plus made the most (137) key pases of all our players. True leader of our offense.

Jan Podolsky (MR) Managed record breaking 19 assists in 40 matches. Terorised left sides of our opponents, made plenty of key passes.

Branislav Gambos (AMC) Scored many important goals and provided his mates with great passes.

Finances: Poor

Despite using only the half of our wage budget we were leaking money left, right and center. For next season I hope for much better sponsorship (only €64k this season). For winning the league we received €128k which is more than for winning league above us (€113k).

Aims:

Aim for the season was to avoid relegation battle. With perfect additions to the squad we managed much better and I am really happy with that :)

For the next season I hope we will stay up and somehow manage to improve our financial situation.

[TABLE=align:center, width:90%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 80]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 50]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 100]Slovnaft Cup[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 100]Champions League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 100]Europa League[/TD]]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 200]Notes[/TD]]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]16/17[/TD]

<!-- League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Doxxbet Liga[/TD]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]1st[/TD]

<!-- Slovnaft Cup --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Champions League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a[/TD]

<!-- Europa League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a[/TD]

<!-- Notes --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Winner. Promotion.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

UOZ9Pme.png

MŠK Púchov | Season 2017/2018

Fortuna Liga :9th

We were predicted to be safely relegated and started te campaign accordingly. We were a good few point from safety but good run of form in the second half of the season saw us move out of the last place and we finished 9th with 10 point cushion.

Slovnaft Cup :First Round

I "sabotaged" the cup in favor of having more time for our league matches. We lost in the very first match of the tournament against second division side.

Transfers :Summary

We brought in a lot of loanies from Viktoria Plzen(CZE) and polish Legia Warszawa(POL) (our first senior affiliate) and the youngsters were much better than most of our own players. We also managed to get gk Dusan Kuciak on free, which really surprised me as he was maybe two levels above the rest of the team.

Three Stars :

Branislav Gambos(AMC) despite playing only 16 matches this season he was our best player with 7.62 av. rating and impressive 8 key passes per game.

Dusan Kuciak(GK) Dusan joined su later in first half of the season and was really great ever since. His ability is way off the rest of our team and he really helped us stay up. Managed very nice (for GK) 7.03 av. rating.

Jakub Vojtus(STC) despite scoring only 13 goals in 33 matches he was our top striker and provided a lot of key passes for his teamamtes.

Finances :Not good

We were still leaking money despite having better sponsorship deal (€160K) and having many cheap loanees. Board had to invest €335K to help with our situation. Despite that we finished the season some €150K in red.

Aims :

Aim for the season was successfully accomplished, only minor problem are still the money, but that will sor out itself somehow :)

For next season I aim for safe midtable position and saving some money through loanees from senior affiliation.

[TABLE=align:center, width:90%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 50]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 80]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 50]Position[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2016/2017[/TD]

<!-- League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Doxxbet Liga[/TD]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]1st[/TD]

<!-- Slovnaft Cup --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Semi Final[/TD]

<!-- Champions League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a[/TD]

<!-- Europa League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a[/TD]

<!-- Notes --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Winner. Promotion.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2017/2018 [/TD]

<!-- League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Fortuna Liga [/TD]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]9th [/TD]

<!-- Slovnaft Cup --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]First Round [/TD]

<!-- Champions League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a [/TD]

<!-- Europa League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]n/a [/TD]

<!-- Notes --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Survived. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

97c235a5-5a8d-49d9-ba2f-16d27a9877f2_zpsad224411.jpg

IR

1. Deild Karla

Season 2016

League: A great first season as we secure promotion, we could have even won the title if not for a bad last two games

Icelandic Cup: A good run to the 4th round where we lost to professional side KR

Icelandic League Cup: Went out in the Group Stage, bottom of the league

Finances: Very poor, also had a facilities downgrade

Transfers: Usual changes needed at this level. I have too many players really.

Key Players

Gauti Porvardarson: on loan from IBV, was our top scorer

Darri Steinn Konradsson: our second top scorer

Ingolfur Porarinsson: great midfield work

[u]Season[/u]      [u]League[/u]         [u]Position[/u]       [u]Icelandic Cup[/u]    [u]League Cup[/u]        [u]Europe[/u]    [u]Notes[/u]   

2016      1. Deild Karla      2nd        4th round          Group Stage          -        Promoted

• 2 weeks later...

After bitter dissapointment with being sacked in my FK Puchov career i decided to start over with another team in my homeland :)

My profile

Club profile

9QnNmNt.png

MŠK Námestovo | Season 2016/2017

Doxxbet Liga - 20th

With 5000/1 to win the competition we were by far the worst team in the league by media. We started accordingly and struggled throughout the whole season. I tried many tactics what in the end hurt us more than helped. Finally in the last third of the season we managed to get some good results vs other teams in the relegation stage groups.

Slovnaft Cup - 2nd round

I didnt expect us to get through the first round since we were against strong Trnava side from league above us. Despite the odds we held our own and managed 1:1 draw in regulation time and snatched 3:2 win on penalties. 2nd round draw wasn't kind to us either and we got another Fortuna Liga side Trencin. This time we didn't stand the chance at all and duly lost the game 2:0.

Transfers

A lot of loanees to keep the wage budget as low as possible.

Three Stars :

Ante Jurkovic - Our top striker altough only with 10 goals in 28 matches. He added decent 6 assist and provided the most key passes of the team.

Lukas Luhovy - Right winger was with 4g + 7a in 29 matches the second most productive player in the team.

Malcolm Marschel - He joined us late in the season but played in most crucial last 6 games of the season. Managed to score 3 goals in his 6 apps and lead the team chart with 7.72 av. rating.

Finances - Decent

I kept us over the red line only by spending very small portion of the wage budget. Our sallary per annum was only one third of the second last team in the league. Free loanees was the only way to go this season, otherwise we would be deep in the red.

Aims :

Avoiding relegation was the plan and we succeeded, altough it was in the 11th hour. The cup was expendable and we ended like that.

For next season I aim to bring loanees with quality that can keep us up. Saving money will also be high priority.

[TABLE=align:center, width:98%]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 5%]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 70]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 5%]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #cccccc, width: 50]Avg. Attendance[/TD]]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2016/2017 [/TD]

<!-- League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Doxxbet Liga [/TD]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]20th [/TD]

<!-- Slovnaft Cup --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2nd round [/TD]

<!-- Champions League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee] [/TD]

<!-- Europa League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee] [/TD]

<!-- Average attendance --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]507[/TD]

<!-- Notes --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]Survival. [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

9QnNmNt.png

MŠK Námestovo | Season 2017/2018

Doxxbet Liga - 18th

Season full of ups and downs, we were rally inconsistent with few spells of wins and many losses. after entering relegation phase of the league we managed few wins here and there and that kept us safe till the finish.

Slovnaft Cup - 2nd round

The draw was again against us and we got two Fortuna Liga teams. In the first round we surprised Podbrezova team and won 3:1. Next round was much harder against Senica team, they dominated us and we were out.

Transfers

We brought in a lot of loanees who were much better than our own players.

Three Stars :

Malcolm Marschel - Our "central winger" was lethal in his CM(a) position, 2nd best scorer with 11 goals in 35 apps and provider of lots of key passes. His surges from midfield provided us with many opportunities. He also scored many important goals especially in the first half of the season.

Danijel Sutic - On loan from Rijeka, this guy as our top striker with 17 in 28 games and together with Marschel they kept us up this season.

Abdulai Asamoah - A right winger cant miss from our 3 stars of the season. Put in pretty solid performances troughout the season with 4g + 7a in 30 matches and load of key passes on top of that.

Finances - Poor

Despite saving a lot of money on player wages we got more than 120k in the red. Despite that the board refused more than 5 of my attempts to get a senior affiliate. They value the independency really high.

Aims :

Survival I wanted and that I did get. The money are still not good, I hope the board allow me at least one parent club otherwise we will be again dependent on lot of loanees. For next season I would like to get to promotion group so we can avoid relegation battle and give some more play time to our own players instead of loanees.

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Champions League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee] - [/TD]

<!-- Europa League --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee] - [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]18th [/TD]

<!-- Average Attendance--> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]440[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

9QnNmNt.png

MŠK Námestovo | Season 2018/2019

Doxxbet Liga - 3rd

First stage of the league was a walk in the park for us, later though, in promotion stage against stronger opponents we were not good enough to secure first place and gain promotion. Zlate Moravce ,who were only two seasons ago relegated from Fortuna Liga, bossed the promotion stage with 9-3-0 record and finished the season way above everyboy else points wise.

Slovnaft Cup - 2nd Round

In the first round we had a wild 6-3 game against Bardejov. The next round was again the finish for us as we drew Slovak champions Trencin.

Transfers

Loanees again! Lack of money leaves us with no other option if we want to stay competitive. One of few permanent transfers was promising 18 y.o. Igor Nemec to help us with homegrown players in the future.

Three Stars :

Malcolm Marschel - Central midfielder who again run the show. Some clubs start to be interested in him, hopefully he will not be too ambitious.

Abdulai Asamoah - This season he played as IF on the left and again delivered his best. Although he is not so good going forward attribute wise, his defensive ability always help.

Marek Vavrik - Playe at the heart of our defence and was solid through the whole season.

Finances - Very poor

350k in red is really bad. I hope board will invest some money. Board again refused all my attempts to link with a parent club.

Aims :

We jumped 15 places this season which is wonderful.

For next season I hope at least for the same end result.

And I pray for the board to pump in some money.

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]18th [/TD]

<!-- Average Attendance--> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]440[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

<!-- Season --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2018/2019 [/TD]

<!-- Position --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]3rd [/TD]

<!-- Slovnaft Cup --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]2nd Round [/TD]

<!-- Average Attendance--> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]623[/TD]

<!-- Notes --> [TD=bgcolor: #eeeeee]- [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

About time I did a Gundo challenge on FM16 I reckon. I always do one in Finland and I've been looking forward to playing as Viikingit since I saw they got relegated last year. They used to be a favorite of mine before I did Gundo challenges to take on my obscure foreign league desires, so time to re-acquaint with an old friend. Who could resist 'the vikings'.

FC_Viikingit_logo.svg.png

FC Viikingit | Season 2016

Ykkonen - 1st
Suomen Cup - 5th Round

In our first season out I didn't have massive expectations. My team was young and key positions not filled with the best players. We started weakly but by mid-June we were winning every week. We hit top at the halfway mark and as we entered the run in had a health lead over 2nd placed FC Lahti but then we faultered. Injury to striker Pekka Welling blunted the attack and we drew to many games. By the final two games of the season we led by a point. We were lucky in the final home game and won 1-0 to Oulu by virtue of a dubious 88 minute penalty. This maintained our lead at the top but the final game was away at Honka who at one stage had been in the title race. By contrast FC Lahti were at home to bottom placed TPS. Lahti were 2-0 up after 20 minutes so we had to win, we led at half time by a single goal but concede an equaliser on 50 minutes. Another season in the second tier beckonned as we entered injury time but with only second left on the clock striker Mamadou Diouf broke away on a counter attack and played in Xhaferi who scored an unlikely winner to secure promotion.

We will need to strengthen for next season and I am looking at young Finnish players for this.

Key Players

Kevin Larsson
Henry Makarainen
Ymer Xhaferi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived