Gundo's FM16 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2020/21

As reigning champions after last season surprise win, we were one of the favorites to take the title this season. While we lost the first match of the season we did manage to get a pretty good start, and after a while 4 teams had gotten ahead of the rest. Along with Red Bull Salzburg, Sturm Graz and Rapid Wien, we were part of the quartet that fought for the top spots the entire season. I was rather surprised we managed to put up a fight like that seeing as the board did their best to harm us as the start of the season when they slashed out wage budget in half from last season. This meant we had some problems getting in replacements for the important loans we had last season. We did get a new budget just before the transfer window opened in January, so I brought in some much needed talent. The most successful one was Cypriot Xander Wright who scored 14 goals in the 15 league games he started. Much thanks to that we went into the last few matches at the top of the table, and when Red Bull Salzburg lost some surprise matches we clinched the title for the second time in a row!

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat SV Grödig, SCR Altach, SVG Reichenau, SV Reid and SC/ESV Parndorf to reach the final. The final itself was a poor match that went to penalties. Luckily we managed to keep our cool and won the cup!

We also got to give Champions League a go and we went straight into the group stage. Our opponents were Real Madrid of Spain, Dynamo Kyiv of Ukraine and Monaco of France. We managed a draw against Dynamo Kyiv at home and lost the rest to finish 4th in the group. A good learning experience and a lot of cash in the coffers.

The best players this season have been right back Pavel Necas with an amazing 28 assists, attacking midfielder, João Pedro and our top scorer Támas Lázár.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer           |    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	|    Erste Liga       |	     3rd	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (21)      |   Solid first season
2017/18	|    Erste Liga       |	     1st	|      N/A	|  Simon Zangerl (14)     |   Promoted as champions, cup runner-up
2018/19	|    Bundesliga       |	     5th	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (13)      |   Mid table, cup winners
2019/20	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   EL Group 	|  Stefan Machielsen (13) |   Won the league title
2020/21	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Támas Lázár (29)       |   Domestic double

Season 2024 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: Ok, there's good and there's bad this season. Good is that we won a treble. League and 2 cups. Bad is I hate my board and the club structure. My club has this weird structure whereby the board has to go through an annual election which changes the chairman. So this means that almost every year, I have to deal with a new chairman which makes it difficult to get requests approved. I'm starting to think I can never turn pro or get my scouting range upgraded unless we get taken over. Oh, and they sold my GK!!

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Top Half

Media prediction: 3rd

Icelandic Cup: Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Icelandic Champions Cup: Not important

Champions League: Third Qualifying Phase

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

Icelandic Cup: Winner

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Quarter-Finals

Icelandic Champions Cup: Winner

Champions League: Second Qualifying Phase

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Viktor Karl Einarsson: As usual, performing well. However, I think I need to replace him soon if I want to remain competitive. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven, Supporter's Player of the Year, Icelandic Team of the Year and the runner up for Fair Play Player of the Year.

Aleksandar Stojanovic: Since I'm thinking of switching my RP to AP, I'll be training him as a B2B going forward. I'm actually slightly suprised he is not in the Icelandic Team of the Year, but at least he's still named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Kasper Bjerregaard: My new RWB to replace the one that was sold last season. I only have a slight concern with his disciplinary record but other that, he's performing really well. He's still young, so I hope he stays with us for a long time. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven and Icelandic Team of the Year.

Youth Prospect:

2024 Intake

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain league title, so that we can get into Champions League again.

2) Turn Pro

3) Improve scouting range.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup             Euro Cup           Champions League        Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals
2019   Premier Division    7th      Quarter-Finals      Group
2020   Premier Division    5th      Third Round         Quarter-Finals
2021   Premier Division    2nd      Semi-Finals         Group
2022   Premier Division    3rd      Fourth Round        Quarter-Finals     3rd Qual Rnd
2023   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Semi-Finals        2nd Qual Rnd
2024   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Quarter-Finals        -               2nd Qual Phase          Icelandic Champions Cup Winner

Great progress guys.

XaW and larxus, looks like you have the domestic scene well and truly conquered.

Thanks! Though I wouldn't say it have it truly conquered quite yet. Last season it came down to the final matches, so a small slip from us could easily cause us to lose the title. This year we the tycoon-team got promoted to the top tier and are buying players left and right, and could fight for the top if they get the players to work well. It's exiting in Austria still.

bsv_logo_zpsyzp0kc31.png

Arnoldinho ¦ Boldklubben Sollerod-Vedbaek ¦ FMT

Jun 2017 - End Season 1 Review

The Date File ¦ Squad ¦ Transfers ¦ Finances ¦ Results 1 ¦ Results 2 ¦ Autumn Group Table ¦ Relegation Phase Table

The Review

First half of the season review can be found here. Having failed to qualify for the promotion phase I set out there that may aim was to top the relegation phase table. This we did - in style. Only one defeat in 16 games (22 counting the games from the Autumn Group that counted towards it) meant we clinched the top spot with 4 games to spare and wound up a whopping 17 points clear. That probably flatters us slightly - we won a lot of games by only one goal - but we were pretty clearly a cut above the rest. The main difference from the autumn was the goal threat we carried up front. Mid-season signings Boateng and Flygger were terrific, and I finally found the right balance in my tactics by having one full back hang back and the other bomb forward. This combination of having a symmetric formation on paper but asymmetric attacking options seemed to serve us really well and I reckon around half our goals came from an AMR or AML popping up at the back post or cutting in from the wing. Towards the end of the season we were able to blood some youngsters a bit as well, with somewhat mixed results (see below).

Manager's Players of the Year

Sebastien Gregersen Once again our most consistent player, Gregersen was the fans' player of the year as well as mine. Best coming forward from midfield but also ably deputised up-front during the autumn when we were short. Finished the season with a 7.34 average rating. Doesn't seem to realise just how good he is at this level, having just agreed to a contract extension at 70 euros a week.

Christoffer Boateng A fantastic mid-season signing, Boateng carved up defences in the spring, bagging 8 goals in 16 appearances, including a hat-trick in only his third match at the club. Unfortunately he does know his value, having refused to sign a new contract and trying his luck in free agency. I'm still trying to negotiate a deal to get him back though, if we can afford it within our wage budget he'd be worth every penny.

Flemming Meyer This third selection is perhaps a bit tough on left-back Jens Riis, who was terrifically consistent and created numerous chances bombing up the flank, but Meyer's ability to single-handedly win games when he was on song got him the nod. Our top scorer, he had 10 goals, 8 assists and a 7.08 average rating. If he could be as consistent as Boateng, he'd be at least as good as him.

Youth Corner

Mikael Rasmussen ¦ 2016 ¦ 2017 ¦ 2018 ¦ I was hoping for a big step-up from Mikael this year, but it never quite happened. He's not helped by the fact that our formation has only one central striker in a deep-lying position, which limits his opportunities to play and then get on the scoresheet when he does, but still he's just a bit anonymous when he's on the park. I've signed him again for next season, but starting to doubt he's going to make it.

Frederik Christensen ¦ 2018 ¦ The one that got away. An exciting young prospect who I managed to pick up on a free, worked his way in to the side in the spring, and then decided (probably rightly) he had too much potential for us and refused to sign a new contract. He's since moved to a Superliga side. I might have a crack at getting him back on loan.

Jakob Nielsen ¦ 2017 ¦ 2018 ¦ A solid start to life at the club from Jakob. Got more game time towards the end of the year as we were coasting the league and stepped up competently. Will likely again split time between the first team and reserve team this coming year.

Daniel Christensen ¦ 2018 ¦ The only youth player to come through our system this year but he looks a cracker. My assman already rates him as my best keeper, but then he does seem to consistently under-rate my existing keeper Johansen.

Where Next

The aims for this year are pretty simple: qualify for the promotion phase and be competitive in it. I don't expect to go up, but we are steadily getting better and I am convinced we are already better than some of the sides in the promotion group; we just miss out as a result of the difficult autumn group. Although the finances are gradually going down we're not haemorraghing money and the board have agreed to maintain a workable wage budget. It feels like we're making progress. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.

Career Summary

Season	| Autumn		| Spring			| Cup		| Europe| Top scorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	| 7th in D2 Group 1	| 3rd in D2 Relegation Group	| 2nd Round	| N/A	| Sebastien Gregersen (10)
2017/18 | 6th in D2 Group 1	| 1st in D2 Relegation Group	| 2nd Round	| N/A	| Flemming Meyer (10)

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2021/22

2 in a row before this season, and I was looking for a third. I got in a couple of good additions to the team while once again getting rid of deadweight. The season started good, though Sturm Graz started better as they won their first 8 matches before going into a slump. Kapfenberger, the tycoon team, were going good for a while, but they fell short as the season went along. Halfway into the season we managed to get a rather good lead on the rest. As the season progressed we held a fair lead on the rest and we won it comfortably in the end.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat SAK Celovek/Klagenfurt, SCR Altach, Floridsdorfer AC, LASK Linz and Kapfenberger SV 1919 to reach the final. There we met Red Bull Salzburg and lost 0-2.

We had another go at Champions League again. Once again we started in the group stage where we drew Sevilla of Spain, Galatasaray of Turkey and Juventus of Italy. Though we managed to win at home to Galatasaray we lost the rest and finished 4th.

The best players this season have been right back Pavel Necas, attacking midfielder João Pedro and loanee left back Matías Diosquez.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer           |    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	|    Erste Liga       |	     3rd	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (21)      |   Solid first season
2017/18	|    Erste Liga       |	     1st	|      N/A	|  Simon Zangerl (14)     |   Promoted as champions, cup runner-up
2018/19	|    Bundesliga       |	     5th	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (13)      |   Mid table, cup winners
2019/20	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   EL Group 	|  Stefan Machielsen (13) |   Won the league title
2020/21	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Támas Lázár (29)       |   Domestic double
2021/22	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Xander Wright (25)     |   Won the league title

Meanwhile, great progress XaW, fastbasher and larxus - I'm still at the stage of being pleased at dominating the lower half of the lowest division whilst you guys are fighting it out in Europe!

Hahah wouldn't call it fighting it out. The standard is just too high at the moment even among the qualifying phases. Just trying to get decent results at the moment.

Meanwhile, great progress XaW, fastbasher and larxus - I'm still at the stage of being pleased at dominating the lower half of the lowest division whilst you guys are fighting it out in Europe!

That's actually quite good arnoldinho. I got sacked 4 times before getting a run together. The first few seasons can be brutal and just staying up is a success.

Overview

I'm declaring this the season of injury. I keep a small squad of first teamers, usually around 18-20 players, so these injuries hit hard.

Our top midfielder missed half the season, wonderkid Felip Fran was out for 3 months hampering his development and goalscoring phenom Dean Keenan was out for two months after the first game of the season.

We had four key players out with lengthy injuries for the Champions Cup knockout round.

Despite this, we still managed to come out on top in a dramatic end to the season. Three teams were in first equal on 63pts going into the last round. Ferencváros were top on tiebreak, we were second and Újpest third.

Us and Újpest won, while Ferencváros could only draw to allow us to take the title ahead of Újpest on tiebreak. Tiebreak is head to head results first in this division.

The League: Winners

Hungarian Cup: 4th round. Lost 2-3 in both legs to Videoton

Hungarian Super Cup: Winners. 2-1 vs Ferencvaros

Champions Cup: 1st knockout round. Lost 0-3, 2-3 to Atletico

Under 19's: Won their 4th U19 Cup

The Players

During Keenan's absence Boubacar Bangoura stepped up and managed to be the top scorer this season.

Keenan came back and hit form quick enough to win his second Division I player of the season award.

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th
2031/32    Baja          Div I                    12th             Relegated
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2035/36    Baja          Div I                    8th
2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round
2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage
2040/41    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Europa League semifinal
2041/42    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League semifinal
2042/43    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League 1st K/O round
2043/44    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Hungarian Cup winners, CL 1st K/O round
2044/45    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League Runner Up
2045/46    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL semifinal
2046/47    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL 1st K/O round

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2022/23

Before the season started I struggled to find good enough replacements for the weaker points of the squad within my price range. In the end this meant we only had one single right back. To remedy this I've begun transforming another player to be a decent backup there. When the season stared we flew out the gates, we went the first 16 matches without losing. The only problem is that Red Bull Salzburg followed right behind us, and threatened to take over the lead at any point should we slip up. Two times towards the end of the season they overtook us, though we fought back to the top each time. With two matches remaining we were ahead of Red Bull Salzburg on goal difference, the penultimate game where we would play at home to Red Bull would just about clinch it for us with a win. Luckily we won 2-0 and with a single game left we were 3 points ahead with a massive goal difference. Ultimately, we won the last game as well to win our 4th consecutive title.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat SV Austria Salzburg before we, embarrassingly, lost to non-league SVG Reichenau in the second round.

We had another go at Champions League. As usual we started in the group stage where we drew Man City of England, Inter of Italy and FC Porto of Portugal, a very tough group. Though we managed to win at home to Man City we lost the rest and finished 4th.

The best players this season have been right back Pavel Necas, loanee left back Juan Manuel Alonso and attacking midfielder João Pedro.

2021/22	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Xander Wright (25)     |   Won the league title
2022/23	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Xander Wright (28)     |   Won the league title

7GBLFFa.png?1

Okay, this is my first official try with this one. I'm going with Cove Rangers in Scotland. I've never really had a favorite team, so I tend to go after whatever logo looks cool to me. Hopefully I stick with this one! My profile is here :http://imgur.com/W6ceLis. They have pretty bad facilities, but the cool logo should be enough to prevent relegation I think.

Nice win against City XaW. Completely against the run of play, would love to hear the opposing manager in the press conference.

Those players look decent. Amazed at that wage budget at this stage. Is the prize money decent in Austria?

Good luck ShuttleCroc. That is indeed a cool logo!!!

Nice win against City XaW. Completely against the run of play, would love to hear the opposing manager in the press conference.

Those players look decent. Amazed at that wage budget at this stage. Is the prize money decent in Austria?

Thanks, Fastbasher! City bombarded us throughout the game, but my defense and gk had a great match. Their manager (David Moyes!) wasn't happy after the match.

The players available to us are very good, it's just a question of having the money for it. Since I've been in CL for some years now, I've gotten the group stage prize a lot and that's a lot of cash for us. This is turn have given us the cash for wages and transfer fees. I have, since I took over, tried to get a scouting network going and I now have a decent one in most parts of the world (a bit short in Asia and Oceania) to get a good overview of the talents around. Then it's just the matter of getting the best ones at a good price.

Most of my players have been with me for a while. And I'll just type up a quick overview of my players:

Goalkeepers:

Jan Vik - Our first choice goalkeeper. Into his 4th season with us now, and have amazing stats. Dubbed "The new Peter Cech" by the media.

Diego Zugarramurdi - Newly acquired backup goalkeeper. Plays for the Uruguayan national team.

Kim Hansen - Just picked him up from a Danish club. He is just 16, but might become a superstar.

Defenders:

Pavel Necas - Been one of our best players the last seasons.

Alan Parise - Brazilian on loan to give us a good alternative on left back.

Tom Faust - From our own academy. Backup and prospect for the future.

Patrizio Stronati - 3rd choice centre back.

Alan - Towering centre back and my biggest buy yet.

Filip Savic - Makes up the defensive pair with Alan.

Dragovan Ilic - New right back I picked up for free from Olympiakos.

Geir Ove Dahl - Loaned out to Malmö FF to get first team experience.

Midfield:

Thorodos Angelidis - Been with us since the second season and have grown all the way.

Patrick Strauß - 3rd season for him. A backup now.

Zika Pantic - Bought him from Gent in Belgium, he is the defensive anchor man in our squad.

Marek Sindelar - Very good all-round midfielder I think will be great.

Dale Marlow - Been tracking him for some time now, but Liverpool won't let him go. Though I'd loan him in order to try him out.

João Pedro - Our vice captain and the one who leads our attack from his attacking midfield position.

Tamás Szántó - Captain and into his 8th season with us.

Lucas Alster - Homegrown and a talent.

Oliver Granseth - Another one on loan from Liverpool, though I've tracked him since before they bought him from under my nose.

Felix Ahrenhöfer - Local lad, now out on loan.

Strikers:

Bjørn Håkon Nilsen - Our Norwegian wonderkid striker. Got him for free when his contract with Stabæk expired.

Tamás Lázár - Very good striker who have been overshadowed a bit by Nilsen, though he fights for his spot.

Xander Wright - Our topscorer the last couple of seasons. Have some on and off periods, but a natural scorer.

Tino Brungs - Local lad, talented striker.

Andreas Petrovic - Big talent, out on loan this season to get more matches under his belt.

Well, there you go, the players who try to make me proud.

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2023/24

Before the season I once again got in a couple of players to boost the squad. Though when the season started we didn't have the best of starts as we only won 2 of the first 6 matches. After a while we got ourselves together and went on a good run and didn't lose any matches until after the winter break. The new players settled in great after the initial start problems and in the end we won our 5th title in a row without much problems.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat FC BW Linz, SV Schwechat (11-0!) and SV Mattersburg before we lost to SK Rapid Wien in the quarter final.

We had another go at Champions League. As usual we started in the group stage where we drew Chelsea of England, Fiorentina of Italy and Monaco of France. Once again a very tough group. For the first time we did good and it was enough to secure the 2nd spot to progress! In the first knockout round we got drawn against Sevilla of Spain. We beat them thoroughly in the home match with 6-0 somehow, and drew 1-1 away to go past them. In the quarter final we drew Juventus of Italy. In the away match we held them from scoring and somehow found a lucky goal in overtime to win 1-0 in Turin. At home we couldn't do the same and lost 0-2 and got knocked out. Still, an amazing run we can be proud of.

The best players this season have been attacking midfielder João Pedro, right back Dragovan Ilic and top scorer Bjørn Håkon Nilsen.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer            |    Achievments
2016/17	|    Erste Liga       |	     3rd	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (21)       |   Solid first season
2017/18	|    Erste Liga       |	     1st	|      N/A	|  Simon Zangerl (14)      |   Promoted as champions, cup runner-up
2018/19	|    Bundesliga       |	     5th	|      N/A	|  Héctor Núñez (13)       |   Mid table, cup winners
2019/20	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   EL Group 	|  Stefan Machielsen (13)  |   Won the league title
2020/21	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Támas Lázár (29)        |   Domestic double
2021/22	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Xander Wright (25)      |   Won the league title
2022/23	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Group 	|  Xander Wright (28)      |   Won the league title
2023/24	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL Quarter 	|  Bjørn Håkon Nilsen (41) |   Won the league title

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2024/25

The last few seasons we have started rather slowly, but this time we stared off with a flyer. We actually went 31 games without losing, and in the end it was our only loss in the league this season. Needless to say, we won it, we won it by a mile this time. Early on our quality showed through as we just kept on scoring and only conceded 7 goals in the first 25 games. Now we have what I call domestic dominance, and I should be able to win it without much effort unless something happens with the other teams, now I set my sights on Europe.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat SKU Amstetten, SK Austria Klagenfurt, SC/ESV Parndorf, LASK Linz and SK Sturm Graz to reach the final. Here our wonderkid when ham on Austria Wien to win it 5-1 for us.

We had another go at Champions League. As usual we started in the group stage where we drew Manchester United of England, Real Madrid of Spain and Roma of Italy. This must be the toughest group we've faced so far, however we managed to avoid the last spot. A 3rd place saw eliminated from Champions League, but entering the second best cup. We entered the Europa League in the first knockout round where we drew Olympiakos of Greece. A 1-1 draw away was followed by a 3-2 win at home to progress further. Tottenham of England turned out to be our next obstacle. They proved to be better than Olympiakos by beating us 3-2 in Austria before beating us again 2-1 in England. Another good European run for us.

The best players this season have been attacking midfielder João Pedro again, right back Dragovan Ilic and attacker Bjørn Håkon Nilsen.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|     Europe       |    Top scorer            |    Achievments
2016/17	|    Erste Liga       |	     3rd	|      N/A	   |  Héctor Núñez (21)       |   Solid first season
2017/18	|    Erste Liga       |	     1st	|      N/A	   |  Simon Zangerl (14)      |   Promoted as champions, cup runner-up
2018/19	|    Bundesliga       |	     5th	|      N/A	   |  Héctor Núñez (13)       |   Mid table, cup winners
2019/20	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|    EL Group      |  Stefan Machielsen (13)  |   Won the league title
2020/21	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|    CL Group      |  Támas Lázár (29)        |   Domestic double
2021/22	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|    CL Group      |  Xander Wright (25)      |   Won the league title
2022/23	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|    CL Group      |  Xander Wright (28)      |   Won the league title
2023/24	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|    CL Quarter    |  Bjørn Håkon Nilsen (41) |   Won the league title
2024/25	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	| CL grp/EL 2nd KO |  Támas Lázár (31)        |   Domestic double

7GBLFFa.png?1

Season 2016-2017 Review

Ok, so we were predicted to finish 10th/10, and after our first 6 games or so, that definitely seemed possible http://imgur.com/Nl6mxZi. After our first game, we went on a 5 match losing streak. Luckily, things got much better after that, we went on an 8 match unbeaten run with 6 wins. We got knocked out of the league cup and league challenge cup pretty quickly, but somehow we made it all the way to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup (beating a Championship and a league 1 side along the way) , when we were predicted to lose in the round in which we started (2nd). We finished the season 4th and in the promotion playoffs , we ended up beating league 1 Albion Rovers 4-0, all away from home, before losing in the final to Airdrieonians. We actually made money over the course of the season, which is pretty rare for lower league management, but the Cup run, plus the smallest payroll I've ever had the pleasure of working with made it happen. In terms of youth recruitment, it was a pretty disappointing year, with only one good prospect: John Millar YP01a. This is our squad, Craig McLeish was probably our most important player, setting up Craig Sutherland for almost all his goals and assists. Hopefully next year, with the right additions to the squad, we can secure promotion!

bsv_logo_zpsyzp0kc31.png

Jan 2019 - Mid-Season 3 Review

Good news to report for our winter break update: we have made it in to the promotion phase for the first time! It was a slightly strange autumn period. We started really poorly, losing 2 of our first 3 in the league (including to bogey club Frem) and crashing out of the Danish Cup in the first round to lower league opposition. Then we went on a nice little unbeaten run and managed to sustain it despite a string of injuries in our central midfield core - including club captain Kristoffer Bonde going down for 2 months with a hip injury. The streak came to an end after 8 games (5 wins, 3 draws) and then promptly we looked awful again: being hammered by recently promoted Herlev and rivals Bronshoj in two of our last three games. But in between we squeaked a point against Avarta, which was enough to keep us in fourth place and hence in to the promotion phase. Our overall record was W6, D4, L4.

Despite our inconsistency we had some terrific individual performances. In fact at one stage, we had the Division 2 (i.e. across all three autumn groups) leaders for goals, average rating, assists and POTM awards all in our squad! Top of the pile though was clearly striker Daniel Flyger, who racked up a fantastic 13 goals in 13 league games. He looked a threat every time he was on the ball, and had several terrific long range efforts which I find is unusual at this level. He was also named as the Danish Division 2 player of the year for calendar year 2018, a richly deserved award albeit one I almost buggered up for him by voting for the guy who ran him a close second! Unsurprisingly Flyger was backed up well by Gregersen, who racked up a 7.82 average rating in the league. The guy is a machine. Jens Riis chipped in with 4 assists from left-back which was also helpful (although we conceded a few goals from the gaps he left when bombing forward).

So on we go to the promotion phase. We will take with us a record of W3 D1 L2 which makes us one of new fewer than six teams to begin the phase on 10 points. So everything is to play for. As I said at the start of the season, my aim is to finish in the top half. If we play like we did at the start and end of the autumn season there's no way we'll achieve that. But if we play like we did in the middle we might even have an outside chance of going up. So it should be an interesting time. Qualifying for the promotion phase seems to have resulted in a wider range of players being interested in joining the club so I might make a couple of winter break signings as well. We could use a centre-back (offseason signing Potoker has not been great) and we're still looking to fill a gap at left-wing after Christoffer Boateng eventually chose to sign for "bigger club" Marienlyst on half the wages I was offering him. It was therefore with great pleasure that I watched Marienlyst finish seventh in Group 2 and are actually now in danger of relegation. Oops.

More generally, I am now really enjoying this save. The two mini-seasons within a season means there is always something to play for and every game matters. And the club has enough money to at least be competitive. I'm hoping that will continue and we can keep making some steady progress.

ETDRWlf.png

Afan Lido - 2021/22 Season - 2nd

After a long break, back to more of the same!

League - as with previous seasons, we had a wobbly start and hovered in mid table for the first few games before climbing up towards the top. We finished a point lower than we did last year, which felt fair as we're struggling to bring in players to try and push us on to the next level. The biggest change was the improvement of Bangor, who now aren't far behind us. They seem to be finding it easier to retain their best players than I am.

Cups - a very good season in the cups! Out in the first round of Europa League qualifying, but we can't argue with the big payday. We managed our first win in theWord Cup final, beating a TNS side who didn't start to fight back until they were 2 - 0 down. The Welsh Cup final was the opposite, with TNS dominating from start to finish.

Transfers - far more out than in. I've been trying hard to use some of our promising youth players this season, some of which are much better than I could transfer in anyway! Geraint Edwards starred at right back until he crippled himself mid-season, and refused to sign a new contract.

Key Players

Jamie Latham - with us for a couple of seasons on a non-contract basis, he got his chance after injuries in our midfield and was consistently excellent, keeping out one of the original midfielders when they returned to full fitness.

Jack Atherton - from the youth academy, Atherton improved dramatically when he got some first team action and has easily filled in the whole left when our star right winger left us in the previous season.

Adam Murphy - the brick wall that sits in front of the defence, consistently playing well - even if he picks up more yellow cards than I would like!

Finances - all about the Europa League money again.

Next season - Europa League is already a write-off, losing 10 - 0 in the first leg of the first qualifying round! The league is always the main aim.

Season     League     Welsh Cup     WPL Cup     Europe
-------------------------------------------------------------
2017       5th          4R            2R          -
2018       2nd          3R            2R       EL 1QR
2019       2nd          3R            1R       EL 1QR
2020       2nd           W             F       EL 1QR
2021       2nd          QF             F       EL 1QR
2022       2nd           F             W       EL 1QR

XaW - Werkssportgemeinschaft Swarovski Wattens - Tipico Bundesliga - 2025/26

Another season, another go for the title. Though our challenge for the 7th title got hit when we had to sell Swedish midfielder Viktor Berg to Napoli from £11M just as the season was about to start. I'd love to keep him, but he had already expressed a willingness to leave to a bigger club. When the season started we did get an early lead we held on to throughout to clinch another title. Though we lost some matches towards the end since my focus was elsewhere, as I will write more about below.

In the ÖFB-Cup we beat SC Neusiedl/See, SV Mattersburg, SC/ESV Parndorf, SV Seekirchen and TSV Hartberg to get to the final. There we were held to 0-0 to take it pens. In the end we didn't keep our composure and lost it.

We had another go at Champions League. As usual we started in the group stage where we drew FC Porto of Portugal, AC Milan of Italy and Borussia Dortmund of Germany, another tough group. We fought well, and even beat Milan and Dortmund at home. In the end we finished on a very decent 3rd place. This of course meant we had another go in the Europa League. In the first knockout round we drew Inter of Italy. A very good 2-2 draw was followed by a 1-1 at home to progress to the next round. Here we drew Athletic of Spain. A 1-2 loss away and a 4-2 win at home meant we were through. In the quarter final we were up against Roma of Italy, the 3rd Italian side we faced this season. At home it ended 0-0, while we we played one of our best matches of the season to win 2-0 in Rome. In the semi final we were up against one of the other surprise teams in Braga of Portugal. A 3-2 loss away was followed by a 1-0 win at home to progress on away goals. We were in the final of the Europa League. Our final opponent turned out to be Arsenal of England. In a very exiting game, Arsenal took the lead while we equalized to end the 90 minutes at 1-1. In extra time Arsenal managed to get the wining goal. So close, but no cigar this time. Still, a fantastic run.

The best players this season have been right back Dragovan Ilic, attacking midfielder João Pedro and striker Bjørn Håkon Nilsen.

I also got a youth player through the system whom my coaches thinks might be "one of the best of his generation". He should be part of the main squad next season. Meet Jens Albert.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|       Europe        |    Top scorer            |    Achievments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	|    Erste Liga       |	     3rd	|        N/A	      |  Héctor Núñez (21)       |   Solid first season
2017/18	|    Erste Liga       |	     1st	|        N/A	      |  Simon Zangerl (14)      |   Promoted as champions, cup runner-up
2018/19	|    Bundesliga       |	     5th	|        N/A	      |  Héctor Núñez (13)       |   Mid table, cup winners
2019/20	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|      EL Group       |  Stefan Machielsen (13)  |   Won the league title
2020/21	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|      CL Group       |  Támas Lázár (29)        |   Domestic double
2021/22	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|      CL Group       |  Xander Wright (25)      |   Won the league title
2022/23	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|      CL Group       |  Xander Wright (28)      |   Won the league title
2023/24	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|      CL Quarter     |  Bjørn Håkon Nilsen (41) |   Won the league title
2024/25	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	|   CL grp/EL 2nd KO  |  Támas Lázár (31)        |   Domestic double
2025/26	|    Bundesliga       |	     1st	| CL grp/EL runner-up |  Bjørn Håkon Nilsen (32) |   Won the league title, EL runner-up

7GBLFFa.png?1

Cove Rangers FC - 2017/18 Season - Scottish League 2 - 2nd

League - We started the season very well, with our first 14 league games unbeaten. We then slipped up a bit, and Clyde traded places with us in the league, with us in 2nd and them in 1st. For the rest of the season we were chasing down Clyde, but it was not to be, with them separating themselves in the last couple games to finish with a 9 point lead on us. We went in to the playoffs with pretty large point leads on the other challengers. In the first match, we beat Peterhead 2-1 away from home. In the second, we roared out to a 3-0 lead in the first 20 minutes, but Peterhead clawed one back just before the half. In the second half, things just went wrong. Around the 50th minute, Peterhead scored 2 within 2 minutes, and now I was panicking. If Peterhead get another goal, they lead on away goals! So I turtled up, taking off both strikers, and putting in 2 DMs. Luckily, we held, and went on to the final. In the first leg, we comfortably beat Stenhousemuir 2-0 away from home, and in the last tie, we drew after they scored right before the end of the first half. Promotion!!!

We also had a very good cup run, getting to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup again, while getting a little further in the Rasmen's league challenge cup.

Transfers - Aidan Ferris played a massive role for us, while almost all the other players were consistent rotation/first teamers.

In terms of youth intake, unfortunately there didn't appear to be anybody who could ever break into the first team side. Though last year's John Millar YP01a did play a few matches off the bench, and even started a couple games. He looks like he could still do a job for us in the future as we climb higher into the Scottish leagues.

Finances - Cup money, and friendlies at Rangers and Celtic let us make a slightly bigger profit than last year, even though our payroll was ~33% bigger. It remains to be seen in this trend will continue, I suspect that we will get more financial trouble in league 1 and the championship, before making money in the Scottish Premiership.

Next season - The absolute main goal is to stay up in league 1, and ideally I'd like a mid-table finish.

Season             League         League Cup          Ramsen's Cup           Scottish Cup         Europe
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17           4th           1R                   2R                     5R                  N/A
2017/18           2nd           1R                   3R                     5R                  N/A

7GBLFFa.png?1

Cove Rangers FC - 2018/19 Season - Scottish League 1 - Fired

Soooo, we're fired :( We lost 6 of our first 7 games, including cup matches against league 2 opponents. Not really sure what went wrong, I kept the same tactic, and I only added players to the squad where we were weakest, just a striker and central defender. Somehow we lost to teams we were crushing the year before. Well, we'll go again, though I think I might pick a country with fewer tiers of play.

bsv_logo_zpsyzp0kc31.png

June 2019 - End Season 3 Review

The Date File ¦ Squad ¦ Transfers ¦ Finances ¦ Results 1 ¦ Results 2 ¦ Autumn Group Table ¦ Promotion Phase Table

The Review

First half of the season review can be found here. The second half of the season was very strange, but ultimately very successful - we got promoted! As with the first half of the season we were incredible when we went on hot streaks and awful when on cold streaks. This time we started hot, winning 4 of our first 5 and only being denied by a 94th minute equaliser (when there were only supposed to be 2 mins stoppage time...) in the other. So we were flying at the top of the league before entering a slump that saw us win only one of our next 5 and slip to 4th. Fortunately we turned it round again at the end and whilst the gap to leaders AB was too big by this point, 13 points of a possible 18 down the stretch saw us promoted in second place! The fans loved it (dancing on the streets of BSV anyone?) and the players naturally credited it all to my amazing managerial skills. Well, vice-captain Morten Andersen did anyway but then he's probably after the armband full time next season.

It was also strange on the players front. Flyger, who had been so good in the autumn, picked up three separate injuries and only played two games. With backup forward Jensen also out I therefore started youth striker Mikael Rasmussen, who had been so disappointing last year but who had already signed a pre-contract with a superliga side to leave us this summer. Now that he's on his way out of course he went from strength to strength, banging in 9 goals in 15 games including a couple of absolute screamers. I also seemed to receive training reports on his progress every other week. Doubt I could have kept a hold of him anyway in the face of top tier interest but I'm now rather annoyed for not having tried! There was better news on the left-wing where Rasmus Rheindorf arrived and was solid in a position I'd struggled for, and at right-back where Simon Ustrup finally started living up to the billing my assman constantly gives him.

Manager's Players of the Year

Sebastien Gregersen ¦ Sorry to be repetitive, but this guy is just so consistent. To celebrate his third year as one of our top players, the crazy man asked for a 5 euro a week pay rise, which I generously granted.

Daniel Flyger ¦ Only played half the season but was awesome when he did and won Division 2 player of the year for the calendar year 2018. Getting old and injury prone now though - whilst I've re-signed him for next year it may well be his last.

Morten Andersen ¦ Signed at the beginning of the season to play DM, although injuries meant he spent time at CM as well. Was solid and consistent in both.

Youth Corner

Mikael Rasmussen ¦ 2016 ¦ 2017 ¦ 2018 ¦ 2019 ¦ As highlighted above, Mikael will leave us this summer to move to the Superliga - on a free. Gutting, as he's really developing fast now. I should have been smarter with his game time and contract. But it does show the difficulty of hanging on to good young players when you're a part-time side who can only offer one year contracts.

Jakob Nielsen ¦ 2017 ¦ 2018 ¦ 2019 ¦ Another one who may be leaving this summer, disappointed at his lack of game time. Will be a loss if he does, but not on the scale of Rasmussen.

Daniel Christensen ¦ 2018 ¦ 2019 ¦ Has re-signed. Already played a handful of games, likely to get some more starts next year.

Where Next?

Well, to Division One of course! Div 1 is the simplest of all the leagues in Denmark format wise. 12 teams playing each other 3 times for 33 games. At the end of the season the champions go up to the superliga automatically, second and third in to promotion playoffs and the bottom two are relegated. Where it gets more complicated is the (significant sums of) prize money, which is awarded three times a year for your position in each block of 11 games. This might suit us as a streaky side. The league is a mix of pro and semi-pro sides and it seems like a number of teams (including AB who went up with us) have bounced between Divs 1 and 2 on a regular basis. So we're going to have our work cut out - and that's before you factor in that the season begins less than 5 weeks after Div 2 ended! 10th place will do nicely for the first year methinks.

Squad wise I need a new striker with Rasmussen leaving and Flyger injury prone. And I could use a new centre-back, Potoker who I signed last summer was already a bit of a liability at Div 2 level. Other than that I think we'll go through to the winter break more or less as we are (unless I can't get Ustrup to sign a new contract in which case I'll need a right-back as well) and then take stock. That said, I've also noticed that Div 1 sides tend to get young superliga players on loan, so I might also have a look through my parent club FC Copenhagen's prospects. Exciting times ahead, I hope.

Career Summary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	| 7th in D2 Group 1	| 3rd in D2 Relegation Group	| 2nd Round	| N/A	| Sebastien Gregersen (10)
2017/18 | 6th in D2 Group 1	| 1st in D2 Relegation Group	| 2nd Round	| N/A	| Flemming Meyer (10)
2018/19 ¦ 4th in D2 Group 1	| 2nd in D2 Promotion Group	| 1st Round	| N/A	| Daniel Flyger (13)

Hi,

I completed the Big Euro Challenge a couple of times in the past and for this year i chose to try this one in Romania. Hollidaying right now, will post update as soon as i find a team.

6mfYzND.png

Kjellerup IF - 2016/17 Season - 2. Division Denmark

arnoldinho thanks to your suggestion, I've decided to go with Denmark. Starting with Kjellerup IF. Interestingly, it's been extremely difficult to sign an assistant manager, with our board giving a maximum salary of 55 euros per week. I eventually found one, but it took at least an hour of gameplay and just offering every coach I could find.

Welcome to Denmark and good luck! I also had a few difficulties signing an assman at the start but did manage to secure a decent one eventually (not sure if it helps that I play FMT though?) What's your overall budget for player wages? My board gave me 3.5k euros per week in the first season, rising to about 5k after that.

Thanks! Ours wage budget is similar I think, 3.5ish, I'm just slightly over budget right now, but I was having a hard time getting players for cheap, and my initial squad was almost nonexistent. I don't really know the differences between FMT and regular, I just play standard FM.

Overview

We had a very comfortable win in the league going 25 games undefeated before losing in round 26.

We lost two more league games, but they were in May, after the league was won and when I was heavily rotating the squad due to fixture congestion.

Hungarian Cup: Winners (3-2 vs Ferencváros)

Hungarian Super Cup: Winners (3-0 vs Videoton)

Under 19s: Won the U19 Cup

Europe

We had 3 reasonably comfortable wins and 3 single goal losses in the CL group stage, all of which we were a bit unlucky to lose. This left us third in the group and put into the Europa League for the knockout rounds.

This was actually the silver lining as we were one of the better teams in this league.

In the quarter-final we got a bit lucky. An own goal from Man City in the 76th minute of the return leg allowed us to advance to the semi-final on away goals. Other than the run to our second Europa League final was straight forward.

This time we went one better than last with an amazing comeback against Spurs.

Down 0-2 at halftime and being completely dominated, a goal from defender Mohamed Sanou and a brace from record scorer Dean Keenan secured our first European trophy. Things were going so well in the second half, I didn't even make a sub, in case it turned bad.

The Players

Dean Keenan continued blitzing the goals, with another 39 this season.

I made a tough choice in selling his strike partner, Boubacar Bangoura, to PSG for 44.5m pounds. The money was used to buy rising German star Georg Kruska for 55m pounds. He is 4yrs younger, looks like a better player and as a target man, will compliment Keenan better.

We also managed to re-sign Zoran Jagodic. He cost us 42.5m, but Lyon had completed his training so well that I couldn't say no.

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th
2031/32    Baja          Div I                    12th             Relegated
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2035/36    Baja          Div I                    8th
2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round
2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage
2040/41    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Europa League semifinal
2041/42    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League semifinal
2042/43    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League 1st K/O round
2043/44    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Hungarian Cup winners, CL 1st K/O round
2044/45    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League Runner Up
2045/46    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL semifinal
2046/47    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL 1st K/O round
2047/48    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League Winners

Not too much comparison yet. In general, I'd say it is much easier to handle finances in Scotland, as well as sign good key staff. I had better players in Scotland on similar salaries to what I have in Denmark. I'd say the level of difficulty is a little higher in Denmark, just due to the unavailability of really good players. Also, Cove Rangers started with a much larger squad than KIF did. I don't think I can make a friendly between the two teams, they are on different saves.

Hi. I am just loading up a save in Finland. Wish me luck.

I am really hoping for FC Santa Claus but I can settle with FC Honka as they got promoted IRL.

I usually do Wales but I am still hoping for a custom league expansion for Wales and it seems a lot have taking Wales out for a spin.

It is also nice to see Denmark being popular. I used to live close to the fields of Søllerød-Vedbæk.

Edit:

I have taken control over Atlantis FC looking at the squad my staff thinks it is pretty good and it is surprisingly international without a lot of Nigerian/Finnish players.

I will see how the team will perform before signing any players. We are predicted 9th (and with 10 teams that means relegation here in Finiland).

6mfYzND.png

Kjellerup IF - 2016/17 Season - 2. division Denmark

So in my first season in Denmark, I started off with a lot of difficulty signing key staff. After requesting the board to increase assistant coach salaries, I got it up to a whopping 55 euros per week. I also started off with very few players, and given the short period till the start of the season, I had to sign players that had hardly been scouted. Our team was essentially being made up of players that would have been okay for lower Danish divisions, and were getting paid moderate wages for our division. I eventually asked the board to increase our wage budget so that I could sign a couple players that I knew were good, as well as make their opinion of my financial management better.

In the Autumn season didn't start off great for us, with quite a few draws and losses. I figured in general that we would probably end up going into the relegation division, and would probably hold out as we were clearly not the worst team in our group. I ended up changing our tactic around (I have had zero success with one striker tactics this FM) and we started winning a few games, including this beauty: http://imgur.com/pylJLCA. At the end of the Autumn season we magically ended up in the bottom spot of our group's promotion division: http://imgur.com/V2mb6HE. I was frankly stunned, this is certainly one of the worst teams I have ever has the displeasure of playing with. The only bright spot was our 1.5 star striker winning player of the year (for Autumn season?): http://imgur.com/di8pQyR.

In the promotion group, we never really had a chance to make any noise, and ended up second from the bottom, with a few wins, a lot of losses, and a couple draws: http://imgur.com/e6UdcLU.

We won our first game in the cup run, but the drew giants Aalborg BK, and proceeded to get wrecked in the second round.

We got one potentially good player in our youth intake: Martin Bak YP1a, a central defender who looks like he will be able to do a job for us in the upcoming seasons.

Financially, we are pretty heavily in the red, so hopefully we can get out of the 2. division pretty quickly. Luckily, our board has increased the payroll size again, and I've had more time to scout players. This means that I think we have a sneaky chance at getting promotion this coming season, though I wouldn't consider us favorites quite yet.

Career Summary

2016/17	| 4th in D2 Group 3	| 11th in D2 Promotion Group	| 2nd Round	| N/A	| Martin Rokkjær (11)

So I just visited heartbreak city, my save crashed, and I had forgotten to turn on rolling autosave after holidaying... So I'm back in January of my first season with KIF. I think I'll probably start the challenge again in another nation (maybe?)

Nice one larxus. Onwards and upwards from here.

Tough luck ShuttleCroc. Crashes are annoying. I hate the ones that happen near the end of a transfer window after you've made a ton of offers all over the place and some good negotiations with players.

The media are on my back for not having any Hungarians in my first team. The truth is, I would love to do it with a team full of Hungarians, but when I look at the Hungarian national team, not a single one of them comes close to making my first eleven.

Even the best player to come through my youth setup last year was Russian.

Season 2025 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: My first season in charged where I had little problems in my matches. Seems like my team's more or less on auto now. Notable things this season are winning the quadruple and expecting to turn full pro end of the year.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Top Half

Media prediction: 1st

Icelandic Cup: Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Icelandic Champions Cup: Not important

Europa League: Can't remember

Results:

Premier Division: 1st | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

Icelandic Cup: Winner

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Winner

Icelandic Champions Cup: Winner

Europa League: Playoff

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Nikola Vujicic: I bought him before pre-season as I thought Victor would not be competitive in Europe, and also to boost the cover for my midfield positions. Glad I did, for 2 reasons. One, he's better than Victor. Two, injury crisis. In the middle of the season, somehow my team were dropping like flies to injuries. At one point, I only had 13 players who were fit. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Aleksandar Stojanovic: Another solid no-nonsense season for him. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Kasper Bjerregaard: He was injured for quite a while this season, but he is still one of the most consistent players I have. Just wonder how long it will take for him to be natural in WBR position. I realise it takes longer on FM16. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

2025 Intake

Next Season's Goals:

1) Retain league title, so that we can get into Champions League again.

2) Improve scouting range.

3) Hmm.. Can't think of any yet.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup             Euro Cup           Champions League        Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals
2019   Premier Division    7th      Quarter-Finals      Group
2020   Premier Division    5th      Third Round         Quarter-Finals
2021   Premier Division    2nd      Semi-Finals         Group
2022   Premier Division    3rd      Fourth Round        Quarter-Finals     3rd Qual Rnd
2023   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Semi-Finals        2nd Qual Rnd
2024   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Quarter-Finals        -               2nd Qual Phase          Icelandic Champions Cup Winner
2025   Premier Division    1st      Winner              Winner             Playoff            3rd Qual Phase          Icelandic Champions Cup Winner

ETDRWlf.png

Afan Lido - 2022/23 Season - 2nd

So very, very close!

League - it came so close to being our year. TNS started the season poorly, and we snatched the opportunity to drive forwards at the top of the league. The highlight of the first half of the season was undoubtedly a 4 - 1 hammering handed out to TNS at home - by far our best performance against them to date. Going into the closing stage, TNS looked impervious while we kept dropping points with occasional draws. The deciding match was certainly the final TNS meeting of the season, where we fought valiantly to draw after having a man sent off. TNS won the league by 2 points and goal difference. While I'm gutted not to get our first league title, the progress we have made is fantastic.

Cups - a disappointing year. We're pretending our brief Europa League campaign didn't happen this year! TNS put in one of their better performances against us to beat us in theWord Cup final. Flint Town knocked us out of the Welsh Cup in a game we dominated from start to finish but couldn't find the net - just one of those days.

Transfers - while initially I was focussing on bringing in promising youngsters, I was delighted to bring back former players Edwards and Lewis - who had starred for us previously but decided they were too big for the club. I like to think the growth of the club has brought them back, but I think its more likely to be the patch.

Key Players

Jack Atherton - the star of our attacking line-up, and from the youth academy as well! Won both the league's Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards. He was initially reluctant to sign a new contract, but I was luckily able to change his mind.

Danny Gosset - continues to dictate the play in our midfield, and was arguably a better performer than Jack Atherton.

Tim Lewis - led the line for us well, scoring a goal every two games in the league and finishing as our top scorer.

Finances - a break-even year. Some of our more senior players will be making way for the youngsters in the summer, which should help to boost our profit

In other news, I won my fifth Manager of the Year award.

Next season - Can we take the league? Well, there has been an interesting revelation...

Season     League     Welsh Cup     WPL Cup     Europe
-------------------------------------------------------------
2017       5th          4R            2R          -
2018       2nd          3R            2R       EL 1QR
2019       2nd          3R            1R       EL 1QR
2020       2nd           W             F       EL 1QR
2021       2nd          QF             F       EL 1QR
2022       2nd           F             W       EL 1QR
2023       2nd          QF             F       EL 1QR

ETDRWlf.png

Afan Lido - BREAKING NEWS

In a startling turn of events, Afan Lido have announced a partnership with Inter Milan.

The deal has seen both Xian Emmers and Zinho Vanheusden join the club on loan for the season. The two Belgians are certainly the best players that the Welsh Premier League have ever seen, with a combined value of almost £9m.

Will this see us finally take the league title? I certainly hope so!

Archived