FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

How are the bugs in fm16 at the moment.

I started an attempt not too long ago and got a too quick promotion to serie A and now I'm being destroyed every match (resigned from NT job because that is futile at the start, arranged a friendly vs Bhutan and couldn't even win that). Now I'm not sure to carry on or move it to fm16.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone else had a problem registering their squad for the league?

I have the news article up telling me that which players need registering, but when I click on "squad registration" it just takes me to my main squad page. I can't work out where I would need to go to actually register players!

I'm pretty sure I didn't register anyone at any point and all my new Youth Intake have just been available without registering, (although that could have been related to their ages).

Sven. I would say that it is part of the rules that the IGE is disabled, regardless of the intention. Starting in 2017 is no real issue as far as Im concerned

I would agree, but at the same time I have added Sven's save to the top of the page. It is against the rules, but everyone plays their own way. If Sven wants to do that then good luck to him and I still welcome him to the thread.

Database for Campionato Sammarinese 2015/16. Pretty much just an update to the version I put up last year, but with some changes to the league structure. Suggestions on how to improve it are as always more than welcome!

Brilliant. Thank you.

Has anyone tried this? How does it work with the guidelines that we have set up for San Marino in Italy? Are they compatible?

[Edit]

If so I will add it to the opening posts.

col, under your 'Players' drop down menu, do you have a squad registration page then? I dont have anything to register players, nor does it say anything about registering players in the league rules

Yeah, I have the squad registration page under the players drop down menu.

Lega Pro Girone B rules on my game

Lega%20Pro%20Girone%20B%20rules.jpg

Re-created my save, now have all the real players in the club. So many newgens in the youth squad... 0% of the are crap and on wages...

Will try to build a defensive tactic for club and NT. And yeah, my first game as NT manager will be against Germany... :)

After tough games in qualifiers for the World Cup losing to Germany, Norway and Czech Republic and drawing against Azerbaijan, we have won our first game against Liechtenstein in a home friendly 3-2. We were winning 3-0 but faded badly in the second half and in the end we were hanging on to the lead and pleading with the ref to blow the whistle for full time.

I changed formations from our usual 4-2-3-1 deep to a 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-3 (Barca Style) and in the first half it certainly improved us.

San%20Marino%203-2%20Liechtenstein.jpg

EDIT: We followed up that win with another a few days later at home to Luxembourg in another home friendly, with Matteo Vitaioli bagging himself a hattrick in a 4-2 win :D

Good going with the NT there col. I don't give Viatoli that many minutes in freindlies so I can keep him fresh for the club side!

He's been superb for me on the right wing as a Inside Forward but he's not good enough for me to sign him for the club side.

Has anyone else been getting a ridiculous number of injuries in there games ? I have 8 injuries in my 24 man squad and 3 suspensions, talk about being down to the bare bones :(

I will be starting this challenge this afternoon! Have downloaded the small database file so we'll see if I can be as instantly successful with the club side this time (doubt it)!

Edit: Just started up the download game and San Marino only have youth players, not their real team. I'll reload this myself this afternoon.

Ok. I am not sure that I have ever worked this hard at a save in my life, but now, against all the odds, I am in touching distance of a quite spectacular survival.

League table with just 1 game to play.

SMR%20Table%20with%201%20game%20to%20play_zpsxpyoiouh.png

We are playing Tuttocuolo who are in 11th place and are safe and have nothing to play for. Maceratese are playing Virtus Entella who have already been crowned (Champions, setting a new points record in the process).

SMR%20Last%20wk%20fixtures_zpsy0uxsezr.png

Maceratese are never in a million years going to win away against the Champions and I really don't think they have much hope of even getting a point, (Virtus have taken all 3 points in 24 of their games this season where Maceratese have only taken 3 points on 9 occasions). That all sounds great, but the bigger problem is that we have only taken 3 points on 8 occasions, and more worryingly, we are playing away where we have only managed to win 3 times. A draw isn't good enough for us. Only a win will do.

The smart money is probably on Maceratese getting smashed by Virtus and we holding Tuttpcuolo to a draw but being unable to collect all 3 points required.

:(

I will be starting this challenge this afternoon! Have downloaded the small database file so we'll see if I can be as instantly successful with the club side this time (doubt it)!

Edit: Just started up the download game and San Marino only have youth players, not their real team. I'll reload this myself this afternoon.

coady. The small database is my save and I had lots of real players. They are young players, but they are very real and you have to remember that the game has progressed 2 full seasons.

End of season climax. (was it as good for you as it was for me?).

SMR%20Last%20wk%20results_zps7nutjaac.png

Try as we might, we just couldn't beat Tuttocuolo and we eventually succumbed to a late 1-0 loss. A far from embarrassing result, but still one that secured our fate.

SMR%20Really._zpssawgrwf2.png

What? :eek:

We survived relegation? :D

No. Of course we didn't. The game lies. The game just damn lies! :seagull:

We are of course in the Relegation Playoffs, (no matter what the eegit reporters say!)

I think we have done decently against Rimini this season....

SMR%20Record%20against%20Rimini_zpscf3vgzyu.png

Hmmmm. Well maybe not so good. I obviously remember the 4-2 away win. The 2-0 loss at home less so. In my defence, we lost to everyone at the beginning of the season so it was very forgettable.

We should be able to beat Rimini over 2 legs, (I think). They were poor throughout the season and there is a reason that they finished 12 points behind us, (and we are particularly rubbish).

It may be the away leg of the relegation playoff, but let's get our GK up in their box and see what sort of havoc he creates! (Actually, while he hasn't scored from a corner he has seemed to cause the opposition no end of problems in trying to mark him).

SMR%20SKa_zpse5bfzv1y.png

It's actually only cost us 1 goal all season, and that goal cost us 0 points, (we were already losing heavily), (and I have been watching carefully).

SMR%201st%20Leg%20Relegation%20Playoff%20AWAY_zpsx8y8vnhf.png

I'm not bothered at all that we conceded possession. All that matters is that we score more than them. We did and that's that!

3-1 away should mean that survival is just about a foregone conclusion now. (We don't have to play another round after the 2nd leg I don't think).

SMR%20Relegation%20Playoff%202nd%20leg%20HOME_zpss9gt7kzf.png

Again, we let them have the ball, but were far more clinical with it. I have struggled with keeping possession all the way through the Beta, and I'm not entirely sure if it's the Beta or just me that is causing this. I have been happy to just survive this season, but now, assuming that's it, I will have to have a bit of a tactical overhaul.

coady. The small database is my save and I had lots of real players. They are young players, but they are very real and you have to remember that the game has progressed 2 full seasons.

had the 2016 small one, not yours. Will try with yours now, as the other just had regens + stefanelli.

had the 2016 small one, not yours. Will try with yours now, as the other just had regens + stefanelli.

The top one was mine, (I've added my name to it now).

I think the other one has been created without adding the extra (SMR) players in as per points 4. & 5. in the instructions.

San Marino club side. End of Season update.

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

SMR%20League%20Table_zpsv2pjza26.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Cup Fixtures.

League History.

SMR%20League%20History_zpsoiqj26w0.png

Facilities.

SMR%20Facilities_zpswfvvl8vk.png

Board Confidence.

SMR%20FInances_zps77zexo2o.png

Finances.

SMR%20Board%20Confidence_zpsv728ud1d.png

Goal-scoring GK watch.

To those that have followed my threads over the past few years, you will be aware that I have somewhat of a penchant for getting my keepers up the other end and sticking the ball in the back of the net. I wasn't willing to give my GK pens or free-kicks this season, (I really didn't want to get sacked again), but I was willing at least to let him go up for corners, (no really).

SMR%20SKa_zpse5bfzv1y.png

I have a set-up that I thought would allow me to recycle the ball again and again if it was cleared and throughout the whole season, we only conceded once from my GK being upfield for corners. The jury is still out on exactly how effective his presence in the opposition box is, (the stats say we only scored 1 goal direct from a corner), but I know that we scored many more from 2nd phase corners and these should still count in my book.

Key Players.

Longo (ITA) (Bal) was the only ever-present in the squad throughout the season as he played all 38 games at left back.

Guido (Det) may not have much hair, (but we don't care), for a 17yo, but a return of 15 league goals in a team that was almost relegated is not to be sniffed at.

Benjamin (ITA) (Bal) was our most creative influence and he contributed 11 assists despite being first suspended and then injured during our run-in. Unfortuantely, he is the one player who I have been unable to tie down to a new contract. It looks like our 3rd best player, (rated by CA), will not be here next season. :( The good news is that we have a speedy young 15yo (ITA) waiting in the wings to step into his shoes. Not as good right now, but certainly with the potential to be more than decent.

Zafferani (F.Amb) was on the opposite flank to Benjamin, and while maybe not as creative, was far better in front of goal. I swapped and changed my tactics and wide instructions especially in the 1st part of the season, and I really need to have a long hard think about how to get the most out of him next season.

SMR%20Pennisi_zps0xugkgmx.png"]Pennisi (ITA) (F.Pro) PPM[/url] is our best player, (rated by CA), and is currently wanted by Serie B side Salernitana.

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20awards_zpsgnc1pw8n.png

2018 Youth Intake.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%2018_zpsdiha7lvb.png

Does anyone have any views/skins/facepacks/logo's/kits that they think we would be interested in sharing?

There is obviously something that we are not allowed to discuss, (so please do not do so even fleetingly), but if you do want to discuss that then pm is the way to go.:thup:

It would seem that I just got my news item in my inbox about registration too early. When I continued to the end of deadline day it did then bring up a news story which actually took me to the registration page.

Made it to the new year in 8th place, which I'd be pretty happy with at the end of the season to be honest, then aim for the playoffs next season.

With the national team we kept things respectable in qualifying and managed a goal against N.Ireland. I had hoped for better than 0-4 at home to Azerbaijan though.

| Date | Time | Opposition | TV | Venue | Result | Competition |

| Thu, 31/8/2017 | 19:30 | Germany | A | 0 - 4 | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 3 |

| Sun, 3/9/2017 | 19:30 | Czech Republic | H | 0 - 3 | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 3 |

| Thu, 5/10/2017 | 19:30 | N.Ireland | A | 1 - 5 | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 3 |

| Sun, 8/10/2017 | 19:30 | Azerbaijan | H | 0 - 4 | World Cup Quals (EUR) Grp 3 |

| Wed, 8/11/2017 | 19:45 | São Tomé & Príncipe | H | 0 - 0 | Friendly |

| Tue, 14/11/2017 | 15:00 | Eritrea | H | 1 - 0 | Friendly |

what messages? im confused :/

You can only store a certain number of private forum messages and you are already at the limit.

I have tried to send you a message and they won't go through. If you delete some, (your inbox and outbox both count to the total), then I will send you a private mail on this forum to explain.

I'd be very interested in the youth challenge with San Marino, however i'm only on FM15 and posting in an empty thread doesn't fill me with the motivation I'd need for the long slog of signing no players.

Jimbokav1971 , would you have any issue with me posting FM15 updates here?

The top one was mine, (I've added my name to it now).

I think the other one has been created without adding the extra (SMR) players in as per points 4. & 5. in the instructions.

Jimbokav1971, would you be so kind to replace my database into this one: San Marino 2016

I added the extra SMR players in the first database, but San Marino still came up with regens. I now unticked the box 'add players to playable teams' and added players from Serie D, group D and now San Marino has his real players. The rest is still the same. Thank you!

Are we ok to load up Serie D and start from there or do we have to wait for the mighty Titani to come up to Serie C?

The Serie D is currently unplayable, so without waiting for someone to create the whole structure, you will have to holiday untill they are promoted :thup:

Jimbo congrats on surviving the first season! Especially with the youth only policy :applause: Could we get a screenshot of GIARDI?

Also is the Nations League a competitive competition? I cant figure it out

I will post a pic of Giardi in a min.

Yes. The Nations League is a competition designed to replace all these meaningless friendlies. It was introduced in FM15 but I haven't ever experienced it before so this will be a first.

From looking at Wiki, (I looked it up while holidaying my save), the competition is split into 4 leagues.

League A (12 Teams)

League B (12 Teams)

League C (14 Teams)

League D (16 Teams)

The competition will run over a 2 year period and I'm guessing each team will play the others once only.

There will be relegation and promotion between the Leagues, but I'm not sure how many.

Does anyone have any views/skins/facepacks/logo's/kits that they think we would be interested in sharing?

Well done on staying up this season, it must of been bloody tough doing it with a youth only approach :thup:.

These are the graphics I am using.

Facepack http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

Logopack http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos

Kits http://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/kits

I am also using statapp view which you can find in the steam workshop.

I noticed that this season as well, a nice touch from SI.

Are we ok to load up Serie D and start from there or do we have to wait for the mighty Titani to come up to Serie C?

As dan said, Serie D isn't playable, (please don't ask why it looks like it is playable but isn't because nobody knows). :lol:

If there is an edit released allowing you to play in Serie D then by all means fill your boots, but while you are waiting, just crack on with Serie C, (or use one of the saves that others have uploaded).

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2017/18 Season Review

Lega Pro Girone B Table

Lega%20Pro%20Girone%20B%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%201_1.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

Player Of The Season

Guido Turano

Guido%20Turano%20end%20of%20season%201.jpg

My Thoughts

I am very happy with our tenth place finish in the league this year and to be honest we were never really in the relegation zone throughout the season, in fact we were in the promotion playoff places in the first half of the season. We started to drop down the table though as the goals dried up and I think tenth was probably about right for us this season.

Our best player this season was our right wingback Guido Turano who had a excellent season and was also voted the fans players of season, young player of the season and signing of the season. So no pressure on him to perform to the same levels next year then :lol:.

If we can I need to find a way to get the best out of our forwards this year and considering our star forward Giacomo Tulli is classed as a leading Serie B player then if must be the supply that he's getting or not. I normally play with the 4-2-3-1 deep but have also played the 4-3-3 this season as well but I might also try and go with a old fashioned attacking direct 4-4-2 as our third choice or in games we are losing.

Jimbo congrats on surviving the first season! Especially with the youth only policy :applause:

I think it's safe to say that it's the hardest I have worked at FM in ages. I feel well-chuffed to have done it, but not convinced I have cracked it yet. It's going to be another few years of struggling right down to the wire I think. Hopefully I have more depth and will improve at the game too as I get used to the differences between it and FM14.

Could we get a screenshot of GIARDI?

Yeah. Here you go. He is pretty good.

SMR%20Giardi_zpsz5xbjgu2.png

SMR%20Giardi%202_zpszmxko260.png

Col. Turano looks great. :thup:

Congrats on a good 1st season.

As to your tactic, my old San Marino save was similar but the both DM's pushed into the DMC line. Aren't you letting the attacking layers become isolated, (or are the full-backs getting up to support?)

Both my Wing backs are Complete Wing Backs on Attacking duty so both of them are constantly bombing up and down the touchline. I think it's the AMC that is the problem at the moment as he seems to not do a lot, he is currently a Advanced Playmaker with Support duty but I have also tried a Trequartista and a Enganche.

Both my Wing backs are Complete Wing Backs on Attacking duty so both of them are constantly bombing up and down the touchline. I think it's the AMC that is the problem at the moment as he seems to not do a lot, he is currently a Advanced Playmaker with Support duty but I have also tried a Trequartista and a Enganche.

Please take this with a pinch of salt because I am struggling in this save, but I have had some limited success in a (GIB) save and in a Barnet save.

I really liked an AP(a) and and AP(s) in FM14, but they don't seem to be doing it for me in FM16. I have tried a few "in the hole" players and maybe it's the role and maybe it's the player but nothing has clicked so far. I have actually had more success by playing a 2nd forward and dropping him backwards via a F9, DF(s)/DF(d) or even a DLF which I had never used before.

Maybe consider an additional attacker coming back than a midfielder going forward?

Archived