FM16: How to make the profile pic bigger?

holup

You can open the archives with a text editor. I've already made them bigger in my skin.

The problem with that is it merges all the xml files within the fmf file into one file and without filenames, so unless you know what you are doing it is best to wait for the full release when the files can be extracted in a more user friendly way.

You can open the archives with a text editor. I've already made them bigger in my skin.

I'm using your skin atm, is it simple to do myself? Or could somehow do it for me if you have 5 minutes to spare please mate? I'm playing on a monitor too and the profile pictures are pointless because they're hard to see.

• 2 weeks later...

You need to edit:

player overview panel.xml

player personal details panel.xml

both obtained from the panels.fmf file (if you don't know how to do this read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure)

in the player overview panel.xml file locate this line from the top of the file:

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="90, 355, -1" offset="0" gap="1"/>

First value determines the vertical height of the first row (pic), second number is for the middle row with attributes and last number is for the extra rows, adjust those values to change the sizes of the panels.

Then in the player personal details panel.xml file locate this line near the top:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="90, -1, 10, 1" offset="0" gap="0" />

And the first value determines the width of the player pic container, and again adjust those values to suit.

And the first value determines the width of the player pic container, and again adjust those values to suit.

What would you says are good values? For example I've changed the first value to 190 but the scouting panel has also changed size! See the screenshot

5t5Q4CX.png

You need to edit:

player overview panel.xml

player personal details panel.xml

both obtained from the panels.fmf file (if you don't know how to do this read this: [FM2015 Guide] How to Extract Default Files & Understanding File Structure)

in the player overview panel.xml file locate this line from the top of the file:

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="90, 355, -1" offset="0" gap="1"/>

First value determines the vertical height of the first row (pic), second number is for the middle row with attributes and last number is for the extra rows, adjust those values to change the sizes of the panels.

Then in the player personal details panel.xml file locate this line near the top:

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="90, -1, 10, 1" offset="0" gap="0" />

I have got the 2 files (player overview panel.xml & player personal details panel.xml) from the Resource Archiver, and I have increased the above sizes but they are still small pictures.

I have put the 2 panel files in the following path:

C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\panels

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Andrew

What would you says are good values? For example I've changed the first value to 190 but the scouting panel has also changed size! See the screenshot

Values depending purely on your preference, the bigger the picture the less room for the other panels.

Everything on that row is linked you cannot increase the picture size without also increasing the rest of the items on that row without completely re-designing the entire screen.

I have got the 2 files (player overview panel.xml & player personal details panel.xml) from the Resource Archiver, and I have increased the above sizes but they are still small pictures.

Cheers

Andrew

Make sure you have turned off the skin cache and reloaded your skin.

If you are using a custom skin they might need to go inside the panels folder for the skin.

If you are using an FMTouch skin they won't work as it has different coding in the files.

Make sure you have turned off the skin cache and reloaded your skin.

If you are using a custom skin they might need to go inside the panels folder for the skin.

If you are using an FMTouch skin they won't work as it has different coding in the files.

Thanks Michael all sorted :) - I just hadn't turned off the skin cache and reloaded, its all working fine now

I have one last question do you know how I would reduce or increase the brightness when you have your inbox selected from the main menu?

Many thanks for your help

Thanks Michael all sorted :) - I just hadn't turned off the skin cache and reloaded, its all working fine now

I have one last question do you know how I would reduce or increase the brightness when you have your inbox selected from the main menu?

Many thanks for your help

If you mean the background on the inbox (shown in the image in the quoted link) have a look at this post: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441845-FM16-SKIN-Football-Manager-2016-Base-Skins?p=10570819&viewfull=1#post10570819

Cheers

Andrew

how do your screens look?

Michael, i am havin problems with regen face scaling. Have tried panel files from 3 different authors/skins now, and they all seem to scale .png/facepack pictures fine, but doesn't do the same with regenerated faces. I tried to change scale from false to true, but they still dont fit. Do you know how to solve this be any means? Please see photos:

Working fine here (with .png file):

9LUjqA7.jpg

But regens don't, same skin/.xml file, no changes done to that part of the panel file:

EQIGUzC.jpg

and here with a panel file from another skin:

Zi8Wgf6.jpg

Archived