FMT16 Save Updates Thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE'VE DONE IT, WE'RE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!

ky9Br3q.png

Look at that possession, look at those ratings! My best performance of the season by a mile, saving the best till last. Aye, them losing players to red cards helped, but we were well in control before that anyway. Phew, what a season. The hard work starts now then. Who to keep, who to sell. Going to be an interesting summer, that's for sure.

Thanks for watching. :D

The board have given me a transfer budget of £9million and a wage budget of £525k (curr spending around 250k) for next season in the Prem. More than I was expecting given the poor state the club is in financially but I suppose TV money will solve all those issues. I can still do something with that though, and there will be extra wages freed when I get rid of the unwanted few. Not sure if Spurs will loan me Onomah next season now with us being in the same league. Lots of subplots ahead. I'll post again just before the start of the season with the details of all the transfers. For now though, the game is saved, and I'm away to play some Fallout 4 to cool down. :lol:

How does this system compare to the one in the tactics thread? You said this one was defensive, but the one in the tactics forum was anything but defensive.

This is the tactic I use for home games against better sides and similar level sides. It's the same basic formation with some key differences...

IcZhg04.png

Instructions

j6SW5ax.png

It's defensive in mentality while retaining an attacking shape overall. Whereas my more forward counter attacking tactic I use away deploys full backs and wingers, with this one, I utilise wingbacks and inside forwards. Although the mentality is one of safety first (see the instructions), I have enough attacking threat to outscore the opposition. I find I rarely concede many goals with this tactic, and I always have great possession. However, it simply doesn't work away from home, and it struggles when I play lesser sides at home for some reason. But against better or level sides, it's dynamite.

I have no idea how, but my created Vanarama South team got into the first round proper of the FA cup and held L1 side Bury to a goaless draw at home. Come the replay and I thought, fine we've had a great run but hopefully we don't collapse.

We won 2-0 and get a round 2 tie away to League 1 side Swindon, so not exactly a plub tie but a little extra money coming in and I need it. All my players are on 1 season deals, so I'm starting to offer the better performers new 2 year deals, My right winger isn't interested though and he's my best player.

Won't you get an immediate £85m TV money for being in the PL? I think that's the case from season two.

Possibly, that was just the initial budgets set at the end of the season, that might be revised when the TV money comes in. Although isn't the TV money spread out? Not sure if you get that all at once.

Well done, that's a fantastic win!

Yes it was.

2nd round against Swindon I was 2-0 behind after an hour but managed to equalize.

The replay was at home and has been moved for television, so £35K more in the coffers. I held them to 1-1 but conceeded a penalty in extra time.

Still defeating one L1 club in the first round and only losing in extra time to another L1 club isn't too bad. If I had won I would hace faced yet another L1 club, Blackpool.

One interesting thing I saw in the Swindon replay, the opponents keeper getting a yellow card for handling out of his area.

Income this month £121K, almost double the incopme from the rest of the season.

Currently in 2024 in my first FM16 save, playing as Atalanta (as I always do, since the CM 97-98 edition, for my first game). Had some very difficult early seasons, not finding a working tactical setup at all. All I have to show so far is a Coppa Italia win. Got a 4-4-1-1 working really nicely now, and found some great players. However I also just lost my biggest star, shown below. Product of my youth academy, he would only sign that deal with a minimum fee release clause at €55m (Got locked during negotiation). And after that wouldn't sign a new one, stating that he wasn't interested because he didn't believe my team had the calibre of players to match his ambition or some such. Stayed that way for several seasons. I take that to mean he wanted the team to be filled with better players, but is that all? Would winning a big title have helped? Anyway, I haven't been this gutted at losing a player in a long time. Will be hard to replace, and worried that my season will derail now; currently joint top of the league in January. He had 14 goals and 8 assists in 17 starts.

QQwgpDR.png

What a shambles that turned out to be, our best players wouldn't sign a new contract so left at the start of the season and next to no-one of any quality wanted to join us!!

Ireland is a nightmare to manage in, I played there for a while in FM 15, best source of players for me was the French low leagues, and even then, it was only slightly better ones than what I had already.

I've went a bid mad with transfers. Full recap coming up tomorrow, Unfortunately, due to Sunderland's great win and Newcastle's glorious thrashing, I'm a bit too inebriated to comment further. :D

But it should be quite an episode tomorrow...

Newcastle's thrashing was quite delicious.

Currently in 2024 in my first FM16 save, playing as Atalanta (as I always do, since the CM 97-98 edition, for my first game). Had some very difficult early seasons, not finding a working tactical setup at all. All I have to show so far is a Coppa Italia win. Got a 4-4-1-1 working really nicely now, and found some great players. However I also just lost my biggest star, shown below. Product of my youth academy, he would only sign that deal with a minimum fee release clause at €55m (Got locked during negotiation). And after that wouldn't sign a new one, stating that he wasn't interested because he didn't believe my team had the calibre of players to match his ambition or some such. Stayed that way for several seasons. I take that to mean he wanted the team to be filled with better players, but is that all? Would winning a big title have helped? Anyway, I haven't been this gutted at losing a player in a long time. Will be hard to replace, and worried that my season will derail now; currently joint top of the league in January. He had 14 goals and 8 assists in 17 starts.

QQwgpDR.png

He looks pretty decent, but shame he wasn't interested in new contract :(

How's your Atalanta save going?

Just went top.

ea403f03a9f123a107f0d5e7731f511f.png

No idea how this is happening.

Also, was broke, but Liverpool offered us 999k for a player of theirs we had a 15% sell on clause with(Andre Wisdom). Maybe could have got more later(he'd have to sell for more than 6.5m), but that money right now means a lot, 750k of it added to my budget, could help in January.

Really enjoying this Sporting Lisbon save; it is delivering everything I wanted my Parma save to deliver. My "all-Portuguese" plans have been scuppered by my habit of scouring Brazil for talent - at least they speak Portuguese so it doesn't feel like a complete betrayal of the original plan. Lots of overpaid moaners have been offloaded and we're 5 points clear of Porto after 21 games, with Benfica a further 5 back. Qualified for the first knock out round of the CL, with Man City the opposition. I'm using a really effective counter attacking style and it's just good fun to watch.

Scrapped through on away goals against Strum Graz ( 1-1 and 0-0) in Third Round Qualifying of Europa League, now we are drawn against AEK Athens in play off, away first leg.

Will post transfers shortly.

igFuUDX.png

Our transfers dealing over the summer, I decided to sell Pedro Leon as he's in his 30's and wants to give Vadillo, a chance at AMR.

Pre signed de Vilhena in January, delighted to have him in the squad.

Saborit - Brought him in to be our left back starter.

Bottcher - Just a back up signing to our forwards.

Lima - Completely forgotten about this signing /o\ As most of our loanee signings gone back to their parent club, decent player.

Caragena - Brought him in for back up in midfielders

Thalles - Number two to Vazquez.

Rulli - Our new el capitano, signed him on the day he was released (saw it via news so boom rest was history.)

Grujic - Another midfielder we brought in, scout recommended him as we was lacking defensive midfielder (due to new formation this season) Unfortunately he's out for 5 weeks :(

Pål Huseklepp - Scout founded him while scouting in Norway, tipped him for the top.

Also Correa, could be heading back to Gefate, after Atlético Madrid , accepted our loan offer til end of next season.

Here is our pre season/Europa League/ La Liga result,

Ig5ttEa.png

Pre season was meh, Doncasters have greyed out players and we played very poor. Rayo match - we should have won but didn't take our chances.

Delighted to get a point at Valencia, opening game of the season, with Rulli, saving Negredo's penalty in first half.

Happy to see Thalles, scoring twice on his début against AEK Athens.

He looks pretty decent, but shame he wasn't interested in new contract :(

How's your Atalanta save going?

Well turns out I was worried for nothing :D Went on to win the double, Serie A and Coppa Italia. Bit worrysome though that I have the exact same problem with my right winger, with one year left on his deal, and my AMC is unhappy about me rejecting a bid. We'll see if I get to keep them or not. That's about 30 goals and 30 assists between them.

After posting that league table, I had five.... FIVE draws in a row. Thought I was never going to win a game again. What was weird though is, at the end of that run, I was still top of the league on goal difference.

Pair of cup losses in the middle, 1-2 away at Liverpool(missed a fair few chances before Liverpool came into the game), 0-1 away at Man Utd(couldn't get near the ball, outclassed, they played a real strong team), they helped prop up the tight finances though!

Mid January now, and well, it's been damn exciting!

First, I spend 160k on this kid from a lower league Portuguese team, and the media and fans loose their minds over him. I literally poached him out from under Sporting and Porto's noses, both already had bids in. I think he's the real deal, but with one major issue. My tactic has no room for a left footed left winger. That's an issue for future BoxToBox to figure out, though!

Then I tied up a few loans,

Christoffer Nyman, a Swedish striker from Red Bull Leipzig, bit of an all rounder, valuable squad depth.

Nouha Dicko, Wolves Malian striker, more necessary depth, apparently a Premiership level prospect, if he does well, I have a 1m clause on him.

Ravel Morrison, this one I'm really stoked about, a class apart, well beyond this level, and I'm only playing a fraction of his wages. Should everything go well, I get promoted, and am given a decent budget, he has a 9m clause on the loan.

Nice updates guys. BoxToBox again conquering all.

Portugal, hmm... Don't tempt me to start another save. Due to FMT coming out I started a cross save with Lyon for very casual play time. And I started a Wolfsburg save on the PC , even though I enjoyed the Southampton save. I hope I don't end up starting 15 saves and at maximum completing 1 season as in FM15.

The new tactics screen really grew on me. I'm still slightly struggling with the team instructions. While more intuitive I kinda have to get away from just clicking on instructions. Sometimes I'm looking for the closing down more or lower tempo buttons until I realize it is this new scale thingy that I have to adjust.

Portugal. Hmm... I completely ignored it in FM15 because when you had loaded it in the beginning you didn't have the starting injuries set up correctly.

Right then, that's pre-season done and dusted, and the new look Owls are on the march to the Stadium of Light for the season opener with Sunderland.

Transfers then. Well, let's just say there's been a lot of them. So much so, they take up more than a page on the screen, so I'll split it up between fee paying transfers and freebies. I'm not one of those FM'ers who scour the world for all the best regens, as I think it makes the game too easy over time. I will however sign good young players if my scouts recommend them. My strategy in the transfer market was to get a good blend of youth and experience. So, here's the chaps I've paid money for...

VEyonsH.png

Top signing there is Spanish centre half Jordi Amat from Swansea. I'm thinking of playing Tom Pettersson more as a B2B midfielder this season, so needed another strong defender to play alongside Tom Lees and this dude fitted the bill. Rafael is a great keeper I pinched from Napoli, Esswein as you know was here on loan last season, Lewicki is a great wee Swedish defensive midfielder who I've got for an absolute steal of a price, and Holmen is another defender, also from the goldmine that is Scandinavia. The other three are promising youngsters I've nicked from other clubs.

Now, here are my free transfers in...

UVnyV0B.png

Some good freebies in there. Ben Watson might be pretty gash in real life, but he's got excellent attributes, and to get him on a free was good. Jon Toral was a legend in my Hereford save last season, so when I saw he was available for nothing, I simply had to sign him. The other main signing there is experienced fullback Jose Enrique from Liverpool. I'm not sure if Helan will be up to Premier League standard, so a man of Enrique's experience will be vital. The others are just squad fillers.

Also got three players on loan for the season. Joshua Onomah and Alex Lopez have returned for another loan spell, and I've also snapped up a somewhat experienced striker, who'll be travelling back to his old employers on the opening day.

wsKLVOk.png

He will add some much needed experience up top, and being Scottish and a Sunderland fan, I simply had to snap him up!

Pre-season has gone ok too...

n3lo0Sz.png

Three defeats to bigger teams, no real disgrace, although there was a lot of squad rotating to get the players fit.

So, that's that then. Ready for the difficult journey ahead. Going to be a bumpy ride I reckon. If I stay up this season, that'll be job done, and I can look to strengthen better next season. These guys have been brought in to keep us in the league. Hopefully they'll do just that. :D

EDIT - I had Danny Graham on trial, and as you can see, he struck a few goals. Unfortunately, his wage demands priced him out of a move on a permanent basis.

The first two league games have summed up my home and away frustrations perfectly. Lost 2-0 away to Sunderland with the whole team playing poorly, then beat Ipswich 2-0 at home in a dominating performance, similar to how we played against Hull in the playoff final.

On the back of this, I've developed a whole new away tactic, but my next away game is Arsenal, not sure that would be the best game to experiment with!

Aaargh, just realised I never saved it properly, and it's lost now. Back to the drawing board. Away games are going to be the death of me...

Going to the season and I've gotten the wages down from £27,000 to £17,200 p/w. Brought in a hell of a lot of loanees from higher division clubs and let go of some over-paid players, the only immediate worry will be that the kids won't gel together to well at the beginning but I hope they grow into their roles and into the team and play very well together.

fb8d2ac38e10cda9c246cef62e91494a.png

Also our expectations:

5534df71f9cead70cf759f9d4a8e99c1.png

Well, I sent Fletcher back to Sunderland due to his injury, so needed a replacement. Not enough in the transfer kitty to buy a good enough striker, so dipped back into the loan market for this dude.

wp0W8uG.png

Hopefully he can bang in a few goals in our aim to beat the drop.

Archived