[FM16] Tactic screen

bdixon

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've messed about with it, but can't seem to get it to work correctly. But is there a way of keeping the helveticalite dark skin, but having the same tactics screen as the Andromeda one? I'm not overly keen on the big positional borders under the player names in the helvet skin. They're too big! Cheers.

Yeah that's what I did. Forgot to put the icon info in too though! Yeah, it kinda works, apart from the lettering is a bit thicker, and there's no offside flag! I noticed too, that under the club info screen with the Andromeda skin, it has the proper trophy pics. How do I get that into the helvet skin, if possible? Lol.

Yeah that's what I did. Forgot to put the icon info in too though! Yeah, it kinda works, apart from the lettering is a bit thicker, and there's no offside flag! I noticed too, that under the club info screen with the Andromeda skin, it has the proper trophy pics. How do I get that into the helvet skin, if possible? Lol.

Trophy pack is on fmscout. the maker of helv will be your best bet to get it in, hes updating it at the min.

Michael, it's working :)

In the upper panel where it shows the opposition tactic, how can I make the pitch larger so that the font would also be larger ?

FC_Porto_SC_Braga_Campo_Completo.png

You cannot really do much as the pitch size is dynamic depending on the space you have, if its using the default files the formation panel is controlled by 'match formation panel.xml' Though that file also controls the other formation panels so you might want to give it a different name and then in the 'match in between highlights.xml' file point the formation screen to your new file, then in the new file you can try messing around with some of the code to increase the room - try decreasing the pitch padding, or remove the 'show_role_duty_labels' bit to remove the roles to give more room for the names, you can also try changing the widget class at the top of the file from a subsection box to bordered or plain (and remove the appearance bit) that should remove the tactic name bit to free up more space. You also might be able to change the vertical bit from true to false to get a horizontal pitch which might give you more room (though I haven't tried that with a formation panel so it might not work).

Michael. Thanks for the info so far.

Where do i edit the tactics pitch player icon. I have followed your instructions and have the look you have posted at the bottom in post #8 of this thread (the kits in stead of the box through editing the config file in the kits folder under graphics.

But as in your picture, i have the dark name box overlapping the kit, so would like to darken the background and lift up the kit so it sits on top of the box, not under it. I have done this in the pre match line-ups, where the icon is controlled by the 'tactics icon info panel.xml' file, but as it haven't changed the tactics pitch kit icon i guess they have to be edited in two seperate places?

Please see photos. First is from pre-match, everything ok. Second from tactics screen. Not ok. Need to center kit number, reduced height of black box behind name, decrease transparency and make name text slightly smaller. But where, i don't know.

Could you guide me to the location, thanks.

OK:

CJrq6ZF.png

Need to be edited:

WEcO8YY.png

Thanks wkdsoul, but i think you misunderstood my intentions. It's the icon itself i want to edit, not the whole tactics screen file (which i have been looking at by the way before) and there is no code apart from the one below, in regards of the player icons (which Michael also mentioned earlier up). The icon is loaded through another panel file, and not directly written into the 'tactics overview panel.xml', hence no possibilty to edit it there. Again, i changed it in 'tactic icon info panel.xml' but that seems only to affect the pre-match line-ups icon, as that one have changed - but it doesn't correspond to the icon shown on the normal tactics screen (as you see in my post above) which is why i am guessing there must be another location/file to change?

<!--pitch/next match-->

<container class="minimisable_container" minimum_width="60" maximum_width="390" hide_on_minimise="true" save_default_state="true">

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="8" width="400">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,vertical" inset="0"/>

<!--pitch-->

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pitc" icon_flags="show_name,use_overview_icons,show_extra_details,drop_initial_if_possible,show_position_role_duty_suitability,show_selection_image,show_number,show_role_duty_labels" priority="1" default_height="-1" minimum_height="570">

<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="0" />

<boolean id="vertical" value="true" />

<integer id="pitch_player_radius" value="4" />

<integer id="pitch_player_icon_text_size" value="5" />

<real id="pitch_length_multiplier" value="1.15" />

<integer id="pitch_player_icon_text_size" value="5" />

<flags id="pitch_alignment" value="can_scale" />

<boolean id="allow_attributes_popup" value="true" />

<!-- This controls how large the players on the pitch are allowed to get in narrower formations, as a fraction of the pitch size. -->

<!-- For example, in 5 man wide formation the size of the players will be about 0.18 while a 3 man wide formation may get up to 0.25 or so -->

<!-- Clamping this size gives more consistency across the formations. -->

<!-- You can also set miinimum_player size which mainly has the effect of decreasing the space taken by positions (like the sweeper) that are not currently filled. Default is 1/18 -->

<real id="maximum_player_size" value="0.22" />

<!-- normal run, darkened run, drag run colours -->

<colour id="ncol" name="tactics normal run" />

<colour id="dcol" name="tactics darkened run" />

<colour id="gcol" name="tactics dragged run" />

</widget>

<widget class="team_next_match_opponent_panel" id="oppo" minimum_height="200" priority="2" />

</container>

<!--superimpose the minimise button over the rest-->

<widget class="toggle_button" id="MaMi" height="50" width="50" appearance="buttons/custom/pitch toggle/button" icon="switches/panel toggle/button" icon_alignment="centre">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top,right" inset="0"/>

</widget>

</container>

</container>

<!--subs bench icons-->

<widget class="subs_bench_panel" id="Subs" minimum_width="119" default_width="119" priority="2" />

Thanks wkdsoul, but i think you misunderstood my intentions. It's the icon itself i want to edit, not the whole tactics screen file (which i have been looking at by the way before) and there is no code apart from the one below, in regards of the player icons (which Michael also mentioned earlier up). The icon is loaded through another panel file, and not directly written into the 'tactics overview panel.xml', hence no possibilty to edit it there. Again, i changed it in 'tactic icon info panel.xml' but that seems only to affect the pre-match line-ups icon, as that one have changed - but it doesn't correspond to the icon shown on the normal tactics screen (as you see in my post above) which is why i am guessing there must be another location/file to change?

just under <pitch> in the widget class, you pick from the icon_flags=" xxxx " all the bit that make up that panels.

'tactics overview panel.xml' file (and the 'tactics overview panel match.xml' file for the match screens) which is found in the panels folder.

There is also the tactic icon info panel.

where do i find the tactics overview panel match file and where do i put it?

i have only tactics overview panel in panels.

Yeah i get that, but that doesn't allow me to micro-manage the container/layout of the icon. Only add or delete stuff. As i wrote, i am looking to center the kit number to fit the actual back of the kit as it is not a box anymore, and edit the black overlay behind the name and so on... Must all be coded into a panel file no?

where do i find the tactics overview panel match file and where do i put it?

i have only tactics overview panel in panels.

Either use the Football Manager 2016 Resource Archiver that comes with the game to extract ALL panel files from the base skins, or download whichever skin (most of them has it the panels folder) and edit it from there. You won't find it by default in your skin folders.

Yeah i get that, but that doesn't allow me to micro-manage the container/layout of the icon. Only add or delete stuff. As i wrote, i am looking to center the kit number to fit the actual back of the kit as it is not a box anymore, and edit the black overlay behind the name and so on... Muct all be coded into a panel file no?

Ah i get you, now as far as ive seen that overlay is defaulted, never seen it changed.

Yeah i guess your're right. I was looking to do it through panel coding, as your setup is good, but does erase the donut and the role/duty setup (even though it's still accesible through right-clicking which is nice). It's ok though, everything can be setup from the left side anyway. Thanks again.

And a last thing, did you manage to find out how you added a paper file to the "news" section header - the other thread you startet some weeks ago i commented on yesterday?

Yeah i guess your're right. I was looking to do it through panel coding, as your setup is good, but does erase the donut and the role/duty setup (even though it's still accesible through right-clicking which is nice). It's ok though, everything can be setup from the left side anyway. Thanks again.

And a last thing, did you manage to find out how you added a paper file to the "news" section header - the other thread you startet some weeks ago i commented on yesterday?

did exactly as Mike said, change the first container in Inbox Items to <container class="plain_box" appearance="boxes/bordered/standard/paper" >

This is the code:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<panel>

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<boolean id="save_session_state" value="true" />

<!-- IMPORTANT Need to keep this synced up with number of panels or we won't fill them all, we use this to minimise the amount of data the panel needs to request -->

<integer id="number_of_stories_to_request" value="75" />

<boolean id="show_daily_news_request" value="true"/>

<boolean id="show_related_news" value="true" />

<!-- Note that the id is important so that the league selector panels have their popups display correctly -->

<container class="horizontal_adaptive_container" id="Pnlf" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0">

<container default_width="-1" minimum_width="600" priority="1">

<widget class="formatted_label" id="none" multiline="true" alignment="centre_x, top" font="fonts/letterpressed" size="xxlarge" hidden="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="10" />

<!-- Choose string based on object type -->

<list id="format">

<record value="3">

<translation id="format" translation_id="395482" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this club.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />

</record>

<record value="5">

<translation id="format" translation_id="395484" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this continent.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />

</record>

<record value="9">

<translation id="format" translation_id="395485" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this nation.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />

</record>

<record value="25">

<translation id="format" translation_id="395483" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display for this competition.[COMMENT:FR 11005; FM news panel; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user]" />

</record>

<record default_value="true">

<translation id="format" translation_id="388376" type="use" value="There is currently no news to display.[COMMENT:FMC competition news; String displayed when there is not yet any news to display to user in the currently selected category]" />

</record>

</list>

</widget>

<container class="scrolling_box">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" />

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Top story panel + related items -->

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" appearance="boxes/subsection/standard/paper" index="0" file="none" usoc="true" >

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="18" gap="0" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="18" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="18" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Top story panel -->

<container height="240" class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none" >

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 280" offset="0" gap="10" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- Content -->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" offset="0" gap="6" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="4" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="4" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="label" size="large" auto_size="vertical" colour="white">

<translation id="text" translation_id="395390" type="use" value="The Big Story[COMMENT: FR 11005; Competition news panel; panel title for top news story, i.e. the most important one]" />

</widget>

<!-- Main object link -->

<widget class="text" id="brif" auto_size="vertical" multiline="false" colour="faded white" />

<!-- Story title -->

<widget class="text" id="titl" size="xxlarge" style="bold" auto_size="vertical" colour="white" />

<container />

</container>

<!-- Full news text -->

<widget class="text" id="news" font="fonts/inbox_body" colour="faded white" />

</container>

<!-- News image -->

<container>

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="competition_news_image_panel" id="impl" alignment="top" height="192" />

</container>

</container>

<!-- Related news -->

<container>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" alignment="fill" offset="0" gap="8" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="0" height="50">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="85,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- News image -->

<widget class="competition_news_image_panel" id="impl" />

<!-- Story title -->

<widget class="text" id="titl" size="large" style="bold" multiline="true" colour="white" alignment="left,centre_y" />

</container>

</container>

<container>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical" offset="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="top, horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="none" index="0" related_news_index="1" height="50">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="85,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<!-- News image -->

<widget class="competition_news_image_panel" id="impl" />

<!-- Story title -->

<widget class="text" id="titl" size="large" style="bold" multiline="true" colour="white" alignment="left,centre_y" />

</container>

</container>

</container>

</container>

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container height="110">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,2,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="1"/>

<widget class="picture" file="dividers/standard/vertical/line" width="2"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="2"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,2,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="3"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="4"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="5"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="6"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="7"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="8"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="9"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="10"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="11"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="12"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="13"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="14"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="15"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="16"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="17"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="18"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="18"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="19"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="20"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="21"/>

</container>

<container height="110">

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="22"/>

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" file="competition news item medium" index="23"/>

</container>

</container>

</container>

</container>

</container>

<container class="competition_news_side_panel" id="side" default_width="290" priority="2" />

<container class="bordered_box" id="sid2" appearance="boxes/sidebar/standard/right/paper" minimum_width="340" priority="3">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<container class="titled_box">

<translation id="title" translation_id="395260" type="use" value="Leagues in Focus[COMMENT: FR 11005; title for panel showing overview of leagues from across the game]" />

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" id="ocmp" inset="0" gap="0" offset="0" mode="distribute_equally">

<container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif1" index="0" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="1" late_loading="true" />

<container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif2" index="1" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="2" late_loading="true" />

<container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif3" index="4" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="3" late_loading="true" />

<container class="competition_news_league_overview_selector_panel" id="lif4" index="4" news="false" minimum_height="250" priority="4" late_loading="true" />

</container>

<widget class="competition_stage_panel" file="none" id="cosg">

<boolean id="overview_version" value="true" />

<container id="stse">

<!-- bottom row of the stage panel is used to store cup draw buttons -->

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" offset="0" />

<!-- No game panel-->

<container id="nots" hidden="true">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" />

<!--spacer-->

<container height="10" />

<widget class="text" id="nost" alignment="centre" spec="text,large" style="semi_bold, embossed" auto_size="vertical" />

</container>

<!-- group box for stage to go into -->

<container id="stgb">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" />

<!--league stage panel-->

<widget class="league_stage_panel" id="lspn" hidden="true" view="oovr" league_table_heading_length="0"/>

<!--cup stage_panel-->

<widget class="cup_stage_panel" file="cup overview stage" id="cstp" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />

<!--group stage scrolling box (to be filled in code)-->

<widget class="scrolling_box" id="gscb" hidden="true" save_session_state="true" />

</container>

<container>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,extend" offset="0" />

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" />

<!-- The exceptions so point deductions in the league etc-->

<widget class="table" layout="-1" id="exta" stretch_to_fit_rows="true" row_height="15" hidden="true" mode="fill_rows" />

</container>

</container>

</widget>

</container>

</container>

</container>

</panel>

Do you mean 'competition news panel.xml' because 'inbox item.xml' is only for the inbox section not the news tab:

2j16dmb.png

But anyway that's what i tried, it didn't work for me.

Damn, sorry been a long week.. heres mine for that panel.. just adjust your address accordingly.

<container class="bordered_box" index="0" file="none" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper1">

thats mine code for lines 42-25 in the competition new panel

Damn, sorry been a long week.. heres mine for that panel.. just adjust your address accordingly.

<container class="bordered_box" index="0" file="none" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/tab bar/paper1">

No worries i understand :-).

Anyway i just copy pasted the lines in, and no changes (i made sure to point to a paper file i have as i don't have a paper1 in that location).

How did you set the original line michael was on about, the one that decides wether or not to recolor:

'<container class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none" usoc="true">'

Is it irrelevant or? I have tried both with 'usoc=true' and 'false' which makes no difference, even with false activated it still recolors which is kind of strange - did you have this also?

Only by erasing the whole 'usoc="true"' bit i manage to get rid of the recoloring, but then i am where you were initially - without nothing, no color nor box.... don't know where i am going wrong? And this after copy pasting your code from above, worth mentioning.

heres what I have. line 39-73

<container class="scrolling_box">

<!-- Top story panel + related items -->

<container class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none" >

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="18" gap="0" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="18" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="18" layout_children="true" />

<!-- Top story panel -->

<container height="240" class="competition_news_item_panel" index="0" file="none">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1, 280" offset="0" gap="10" />

<!-- Content -->

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top, extend" offset="0" gap="6" />

<container>

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="4" />

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical, fill" offset="0" gap="4" />

<widget class="label" size="15" auto_size="vertical" font="fonts/text2" >

<translation id="text" translation_id="395390" type="use" value="The Big Story[COMMENT: FR 11005; Competition news panel; panel title for top news story, i.e. the most important one]" />

</widget>

<!-- Story title -->

<widget class="text" id="titl" size="15" font="fonts/inbox_title" auto_size="vertical" />

Ok finally got it. Erased the whole 'competition news panel.xml' file, copied over a new one from default, and did the changes. Now working like a charm, thanks again my friend :-).

Ok finally got it. Erased the whole 'competition news panel.xml' file, copied over a new one from default, and did the changes. Now working like a charm, thanks again my friend :-).

I've done that plenty of times, i've have 3 copies of my skin, one with all the final product, one the work in progress file, and one with leftover and abandonded xmls that looks like a dogs dinner.. lol.

I've done that plenty of times, i've have 3 copies of my skin, one with all the final product, one the work in progress file, and one with leftover and abandonded xmls that looks like a dogs dinner.. lol.

Hahaha i guess that's the way to roll :-D.

While i have you, a thing that has been bugging me for a while now. The title text - yellow by FM default - for each panel (and pretty much all containers in the game) which i marked on you pic here, where do i edit that? Both font and colour wise.

dp4li2a.png[/img]

Either use the Football Manager 2016 Resource Archiver that comes with the game to extract ALL panel files from the base skins, or download whichever skin (most of them has it the panels folder) and edit it from there. You won't find it by default in your skin folders.

i have downloaded original base skin.

and this file https://www.mediafire.com/?j2lo4yd67o6ygo6 only contains 1 file. where is the second one?

i need tactics overview panel match guys....

Again, you're not getting the point. It's not the downloadable base skin - that will only give you a small percentage of all the panel files found in the game.

So again, you MUST extract them all in order to get the file you ask for (+ all other panel files) using the Resource Archiver OR go download a custom skin, as said, most have it in their panels folder. Either way it takes 5 minutes, you would have had it 1 hour ago by now.

i have downloaded original base skin.

and this file https://www.mediafire.com/?j2lo4yd67o6ygo6 only contains 1 file. where is the second one?

i need tactics overview panel match guys....

Have a good look in here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/408495-FM2015-Guide-How-to-Extract-Default-Files-amp-Understanding-File-Structure It takes abit of time to digest it but if you follow the instructions you will have a much better understanding of the skinning process. Worked wonders for me.

Hahaha i guess that's the way to roll :-D.

While i have you, a thing that has been bugging me for a while now. The title text - yellow by FM default - for each panel (and pretty much all containers in the game) which i marked on you pic here, where do i edit that? Both font and colour wise.

dp4li2a.png[/img]

Sorry Dimitri didnt see this before i logged off.

Have a look in the paper code for those panels, i think has a font="fonts/xxx" line in the actual paper.xml

Again, you're not getting the point. It's not the downloadable base skin - that will only give you a small percentage of all the panel files found in the game.

So again, you MUST extract them all in order to get the file you ask for (+ all other panel files) using the Resource Archiver OR go download a custom skin, as said, most have it in their panels folder. Either way it takes 5 minutes, you would have had it 1 hour ago by now.

can you extract them for us?

Sorry Dimitri didnt see this before i logged off.

Have a look in the paper code for those panels, i think has a font="fonts/xxx" line in the actual paper.xml

No worries amigo. I have done that, through various panels actually, but can't seem to locate it. It's like it's inherited from some global setting somewhere. Here is a example of the code from the screen posted, in the "Leagues in Focus" panel far out right - the one from your game where i marked with red circles.

<container class="titled_box">

<translation id="title" translation_id="395260" type="use" value="Leagues in Focus[COMMENT: FR 11005; title for panel showing overview of leagues from across the game]" />

Only indication i have is the "title" translation id tag, but it's not the title color from the skin settings.xml file - the settings file says green and ing game they are the default yellow. Must be controlled somewhere else?

No worries amigo. I have done that, through various panels actually, but can't seem to locate it. It's like it's inherited from some global setting somewhere. Here is a example of the code from the screen posted, in the "Leagues in Focus" panel far out right - the one from your game where i marked with red circles.

Only indication i have is the "title" translation id tag, but it's not the title color from the skin settings.xml file - the settings file says green and ing game they are the default yellow. Must be controlled somewhere else?

I cant see what i've tied mine to,, but the right panel should be competition news side panel have a look in that.

Have a good look in here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/408495-FM2015-Guide-How-to-Extract-Default-Files-amp-Understanding-File-Structure It takes abit of time to digest it but if you follow the instructions you will have a much better understanding of the skinning process. Worked wonders for me.
can you extract them for us?

It really is quite easy, just have a look at the link I've posted and follow the instructions. If I can do it anyone can.

Michael. Thanks for the info so far.

Where do i edit the tactics pitch player icon. I have followed your instructions and have the look you have posted at the bottom in post #8 of this thread (the kits in stead of the box through editing the config file in the kits folder under graphics.

But as in your picture, i have the dark name box overlapping the kit, so would like to darken the background and lift up the kit so it sits on top of the box, not under it. I have done this in the pre match line-ups, where the icon is controlled by the 'tactics icon info panel.xml' file, but as it haven't changed the tactics pitch kit icon i guess they have to be edited in two seperate places?

Please see photos. First is from pre-match, everything ok. Second from tactics screen. Not ok. Need to center kit number, reduced height of black box behind name, decrease transparency and make name text slightly smaller. But where, i don't know.

Could you guide me to the location, thanks.

OK:

CJrq6ZF.png

Need to be edited:

WEcO8YY.png

The layout of the items on the kit on the new style tactics screen are controlled by this file: tactics icon info panel overview.xml

To adjust the black outline around the entire box you need to edit the overlay graphic found in this location: pictures/kits/2d/outfield/back/tactics/ (your edited file needs to go in the same relative position within your skin or your graphics folder for it to be read by the game).

To shift the kit image you will need to edit the shirt graphics as the kit covers the entire panel, so if you want to shift it just make the bottom part transparent,

Hopefully some brain box can figure it a way to revert it to the same as last years. I HATE looking at those ugly boxes so much. Thanks for working on a solution guys! Your efforts are appreciated.

Its already been done, read the thread.

Take the tactics overview panel and tactics info icon panel, from andromeda skin. and put them it to you skin/panels folder.

I'm using vitrex 2.0 skin. I like very much this skin but I have a problem with he Tactic screen.

Let me show you:

27wykn4.png

What I need to modify to change the colour of player names in tactic pitch?

Thanks

Emil has included an fix for this, already in the skin folders, as it's not that easy just changing the colour on the shirts. This fix is also better imo:

Go to:

C:\ User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2016\ skins \ Vitrex16 2.0 \ graphics \ pictures \ kits \ 2d \ outfield \ back \ tactics:

You will find a couple of folders and picture files. The picture files are the ones we are after. To be exact, these two:

overlay.png

and

overlay_.png

Delete (or rename) 'overlay.png' and change 'overlay_.png' to 'overlay.png' like the one you just deleted. In other words you just erase the '_' sign from the name.

Reload game, and you are good to go.

Emil has included an fix for this, already in the skin folders, as it's not that easy just changing the colour on the shirts. This fix is also better imo:

Go to:

C:\ User \ Documents \ Sports Interactive \ Football Manager 2016\ skins \ Vitrex16 2.0 \ graphics \ pictures \ kits \ 2d \ outfield \ back \ tactics:

You will find a couple of folders and picture files. The picture files are the ones we are after. To be exact, these two:

overlay.png

and

overlay_.png

Delete (or rename) 'overlay.png' and change 'overlay_.png' to 'overlay.png' like the one you just deleted. In other words you just erase the '_' sign from the name.

Reload game, and you are good to go.

That's fine.

Thanks for helping!

Wkdsoul. I see you have erased the line of text showing your code/setup controling the icons on the tactics pitch in (please see post #71 where i thank you). Do you mind giving it again - i am trying to make the captains icon show, but seems "show_captain" doesn't work?!

Sorry dude, i dont have it. I've just taken Vitrexs pitch into mine as its far superior. Try andromeda from FM15, pretty sure i got it from that.

Archived