FM16: Everton FC - Howard Kendalls Blue and White Army

IUsedToBeGreat

Guest El Payaso
Gotta be honest I don't get why people start at a club and then get rid of almost the entire squad in the space of a couple of years, defeats the purpose of managing that particular team when it's completely unrecognisable within 3 seasons.
I am with you on this but I guess everyone has their preferences on how to play. Although I am hoping that at some point players would think more logically whether they want to move to clubs or stay with the current employer and also AI properly competing in signing those players. Especially these cheap wonderkids are too easily poached with any club.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hax some really good transfers in my first season. Managed to sell Mirallas for 29m USD and get him back on January for 6.5m! Alo signed Goretzka in January for 9.5m USD as he wasn't happy with hwhere he was. Also brought in Jefferson, Bender and Barabosa (not so original, I know). I can't get rid of Mcgeady no matter how hard I try!!!

Currently battling for 4th place, Im really happy with my team.

Sorry for any English mistakes..

Did anyone ever tried using Barkley on the wing? If he'll work on his speed, will this work?

Now thinking about it I don't think Barkley is suited to the current match engine. Shooting from outside the box is a. too weak, b. too inaccurate and c. too often blocked by defenders. The attackers are not quick enough to make a yard of space for themselves. Generally when i look at goals from last 50 matches I've conceded 2 from outside the box (at about 5% of total goals) and scored about 6 (at 7% of total scored). It should be around 13%.

I played him as a CM or AM with attacking mentality. In the last 2 seasons he has 12 goals in 59 league games. I guess 1 in 5 is not bad but I think I will play him as a winger this season and leave the more creative players in the middle. He has good composure, dribbling and decent finishing so maybe he will do better there.

Can you give an update on how Barkley's doing as a winger? What role do you give him?

Just started pre-season and it's been a nightmare...

United have upset Coleman, who now wants to join them. Jagielka the same for Chelsea.

Plus, Barkley is out for the first two games of the season (Chelsea and Arsenal) and Lukaku the first 3-4 weeks... Got Ricky Alvarez on a free, but he too is injured now for 4-5 weeks... I feel like i've got Physio's worse than Arsenal with all the other injuries too.

Plans to sell Naismith and Kone are now out the window until deadline day...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, just a helpful little tip for any unsettled players at the start of the season. If they come to you asking why you didn't let them leave (For me it's usually Barkley, Baines, Stones, Coleman) - say that you can get continental Football for them next year, and remind them of the great Youth players you have coming through. For me that always settles them so you can plan replacements a bit more, or get them tied down.

Hi folks, just a helpful little tip for any unsettled players at the start of the season. If they come to you asking why you didn't let them leave (For me it's usually Barkley, Baines, Stones, Coleman) - say that you can get continental Football for them next year, and remind them of the great Youth players you have coming through. For me that always settles them so you can plan replacements a bit more, or get them tied down.

Roberto's got a problem next season then in real life!!!

Guest El Payaso

I guess no-one wants 'cheats' like these shared here.

That would largely depend on your opinion more than anything...

There has been no announcement about how he may or may not invest.. only speculation

So the point is mute really...

You should just decide what you think he'll do and implement that. Add him as a board member and push some money into the club.

That would largely depend on your opinion more than anything...

There has been no announcement about how he may or may not invest.. only speculation

So the point is mute really...

You should just decide what you think he'll do and implement that. Add him as a board member and push some money into the club.

Cheers pal, didn't know much about it so thought would ask. I'll have a bit of a read and adjust accordingly.

won the league in the 2nd season, by the skin of my teeth!!!! At one point was 10 points ahead at the top of the league due to an easy run, but at the end won by 1 point.

Got very very lucky transfer wise, bringing in Rulli, Zivkovic and ljajic on free's whilst selling Lukaku for 50 mill and Mirrallas and Romi for around 10 mill each.

Also bought in Berahino for about 25 mill and Callum Wilson for 20 mill to make up for the lack of strikers. Berahino blew hot and cold, but Wilson was quality. Wilshere also came in at Jan for 10 mill.

Got Lewis Cook and Demarai Grey in for the future too, as you can probably tell im working the English/UK thing, even if im also France U21 gaffer!

Not too sure about the next season though, sold Delofaeu for 35 mill as it was a good offer. But the other big English teams and gone in on the transfer.

Btw, anyone else found Aaron Lennon to be quality? He's been a star performed as a AMR Winger for me. Kieron Trippiers also been top draw as a right wing back for me, keeping Coleman out (although I understand theres a bit of an issue some people are raising with LB and RBs getting assists!).

Really struggling to find a tactic that works for Everton; any tips?

Really don't see how a 4-1-2-3 (IF/Wingers) won't work out with the players Everton have. My original FM 16 Everton save bombed in my fourth season but it worked out alright in the first 3 (7th, 5th, 5th)...

Just if I had my time again I would use control instead of attacking and for my midfield triangle I would go...

CM as DLP (S) and BBM

DM as Halfback

instead of

CM as AP (A) and BWM (S)

DM as DM (D)

I'm too invested in a Napoli save atm to give the 16.3 Everton a crack, and even if I wasn't I would be considering a Celta save in Spain since they've been buffed a bit and it seems like an Everton "level" challenge in another league.

Just started a new save with Everton after the winter update , can anyone recommend a new centre midfielder got about 10 million to spend, want someone who can go straight into the side rather than develop,

Cherrs

Really don't see how a 4-1-2-3 (IF/Wingers) won't work out with the players Everton have. My original FM 16 Everton save bombed in my fourth season but it worked out alright in the first 3 (7th, 5th, 5th)...

Just if I had my time again I would use control instead of attacking and for my midfield triangle I would go...

CM as DLP (S) and BBM

DM as Halfback

instead of

CM as AP (A) and BWM (S)

DM as DM (D)

I'm too invested in a Napoli save atm to give the 16.3 Everton a crack, and even if I wasn't I would be considering a Celta save in Spain since they've been buffed a bit and it seems like an Everton "level" challenge in another league.

Will try that midfield. Can I ask, what instructions did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i've just finished my 1st season in charge, finished 3rd in the league and lost to Arsenal in the final of the F.A cup. I'll post some screenshots later, just a quick question, would you guys accept an offer of 35 million up front for James Mccarthy, plus 10 million of 12 months, 13 million after 50 appearances, 13 million after 10 international appearances and 40% sell on fee? I think its too good to turn down, even though he had an excellent season.

Hi guys, i've just finished my 1st season in charge, finished 3rd in the league and lost to Arsenal in the final of the F.A cup. I'll post some screenshots later, just a quick question, would you guys accept an offer of 35 million up front for James Mccarthy, plus 10 million of 12 months, 13 million after 50 appearances, 13 million after 10 international appearances and 40% sell on fee? I think its too good to turn down, even though he had an excellent season.

That offer is worth 71m? If so then there is only one answer.

won the league in the 2nd season, by the skin of my teeth!!!! At one point was 10 points ahead at the top of the league due to an easy run, but at the end won by 1 point.

Got very very lucky transfer wise, bringing in Rulli, Zivkovic and ljajic on free's whilst selling Lukaku for 50 mill and Mirrallas and Romi for around 10 mill each.

Also bought in Berahino for about 25 mill and Callum Wilson for 20 mill to make up for the lack of strikers. Berahino blew hot and cold, but Wilson was quality. Wilshere also came in at Jan for 10 mill.

Got Lewis Cook and Demarai Grey in for the future too, as you can probably tell im working the English/UK thing, even if im also France U21 gaffer!

Not too sure about the next season though, sold Delofaeu for 35 mill as it was a good offer. But the other big English teams and gone in on the transfer.

Btw, anyone else found Aaron Lennon to be quality? He's been a star performed as a AMR Winger for me. Kieron Trippiers also been top draw as a right wing back for me, keeping Coleman out (although I understand theres a bit of an issue some people are raising with LB and RBs getting assists!).

Seems easier than ever to get a lot of quality English players because they are signed by the top teams and eventually someone better is bought so they are transfer listed.

Had 6 of my players involved in the last England game

Gk-Butland

RB- Walker-peters

Cb- Galloway (bought back from Man U)

DM- Lewis Cook (bought from Man C)

CF- Tom Harrison (Newgen)

AM- Barkley (off bench)

John Stones is also on the transfer list at Man U. Has about 110 caps at age 30 but no takers. I guess the 230k per week wages was a stumbling block.

I'm playing FM for the first time and it's been a lot of fun. The first game was a friendly against Everton U21s and I beat them 6-1 and my second game was a friendly against National League side Southport and I managed to beat them three goals to nil. I had a friendly against Dundee United and I committed a huge mistake by cancelling it and arranging a friendly against PSG. Lost 2-1. I was ready for my competitive debut when I played West Ham in the premier league, things were off to a great start when Barkley scored in the 22nd second but Payet scored a brace in the last ten minutes. My second match well was against City and I managed to hold them to a 1-1 draw. Third game was awful; Jordan Ayew scored the equaliser in the last ten minutes. Fourth game in charge was against Arsenal and I managed to hold them to a goalless draw. My fifth game was against Chelsea and I managed to hold them to a draw as well. Not particularly bad, yes? Three of them were title contenders but board started to lose confidence in my. My next three games were wins against Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Southampton. I have moved upto the seventh position and I'm looking forward to qualifying for the Europa League.

hey all i been playing fm for many years but never did a everton save so decided the other day to finally do one and im in the middle of december of the first season but its a weird season so far im 3rd swansea 4th chealsea 17th man utd 12th and liverpool are way down aswell so im enjoying it so far.

I have sold only one player and that was john stones for £32 million to chealsea plus 20% sell on fee and then used that money to buy some i think real bargain youngsters

brought in

joao nunes -SLB £2.4 million

carlos - atletico mineiro £6 million

gabriel barbosa - santos £12 million

juan fuentes - espanyol £952k (brought just for back up as i had lot of injurys)

I am finding the save alot off fun so far its something different with a team ive not managed before im just hoping i can keep up my form and finish in top 4

Well i have now finished my first season and it went alot better then i thought

16hksap.jpg

i also won the fa cup and during season i beat most the big clubs in both games or 3 times in liverpool case

my signings have been good barbosa this season he been on fire and on others have put in good performances

Next season i have been given £25 million to spend and my plan is to get rid off most the old players and replace some with quality and others few youths for future though im in difficult situation with leighton baines who wants a new contract but his demands are to excessive for what i want to give a 31 year old he asking for £150kpw and 2.4 million for agent and 2.4 signing bonus with equally harsh extras demands

well i solved my problem above with leighton by selling him to man city who have decided he is worth £240kpw and £6 million signing bonus with £36k appearance fee and £46k clean sheet bonus ... which is way beyond what i would be willing to pay

i also sold few other players and brought in mixture off youth and experience to everton

hvzecg.jpg

i am pretty sure im done with transfers this season i wanted to keep my spending with in what i sold other players for so i am happy that only money leaving the club is from what was brought in with other players

• 2 weeks later...

Finished 2nd with everton 1st season Bony is a good replacement and similar for when the main mans injured, Taught Barkley the gets into opposition area whenever possible ppm and play him as an amc/A behind a CFA lukaku and he got 12 goals with a fair bit of time out injured, Osman was a key player stepping up for injuries instead of the liability which is gareth barry. Lennon had a good season as well if he or mirallas lost form delafau was ready. Poli a loan signing from A.C milan ousted belic from the team and kept us up with aresenal until the end- Aresenal eestroyed the league losing just twice. Mcarthy had a 60mil offer from manu at end of season so probs move him on and reinstate belic despite 4 reds and 10 yellow cards. In the merseyside derby we got 6 yellows and were fined lol. We also won Fa cup easiest journey imaginable colchester,ipswich,birmingham,hull,leicester. Holgate was a superstar played LBtill baines returned then when Jags lost form he took the cb role and Jags is still warming the bench, he got to play in fa cup final though as Galloway was on under 19s international. Lennon got a England recall for Euro 2016 probs took Jags seat. Im proud to say (sad i know) that i accomplished this without a single re-load i had finished 3rd on a previous save but had reloaded some games but the save felt tainted and i felt dirty playing it. My FM tip its all about the team form if someones not pulling their weight warn them or drop them for a few games and play someone else who might be less talented but put in better performances thats how i found out Galloway is A BEAST!

Started a game today as Everton, decent side and there is the extra challenge of watching out for the debt which will take a hit on finances, especially for the first season so Europe will be the aim or I may have to sell one of our stars.

Looking through the squad it is decent, GK will need improving, defence is solid, midfield is talented and up front Lukaku is a beast.

Transfer wise; Kóne, Oviedo and Jags left for a grand total of £5.8m, Andre Dozzell came in for £425k and Gabriel Barbosa for £13.25m.

Stones and Barkley are already making noises about moving on, and it won't be until the summer that Lukaku and Deulofeu will want to move as well.

Well due to rl issues i had to stop playing for while but finally finished my second season and even though i started off bad it ended good.. i did how ever after starting bad shore up my defence with a january swoop for stefan de vrij for £40 million who turned my season around at the back and stopped the leaking off goals

Competitions

premier league - 2nd

champions cup - semi final

fa cup-final

I have just finished 2017 summer transfer window and it has been big spending season for me with little coming in the other way

players brought in

david de gea - £48 million ( £20 million over 48 months and 8 million after 30 matches and a insane wage package )

riechedly bazoer - £15 million (demanded £60 million release clause)

achraf lazaar - £14.5 million

kevin wimmer - £5 million

sergio oliveira - £1.9 million

alex martinez - £1 million

Total £77.65 million

Players sold

ivan strinic £7 million ( he never performed and was injured most time for me )

joel robles £5 million

muhamed besic £3 million

darron gibson £2.1 million

juan fuentes £2 million ( has been a good back up but he was rumbling about more games )

Matthew pennington £1.1 million

phil jagielka - £750k

Total - £20.95 million

Well with all the money i spent this season and having the last two seasons finishing Second i am pushing this year to win the premiership and make it to final off Champions cup

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i started a game with Everton as a fun distraction. I have won rhe league 2nd season. I now have the option of buying Kane from Spurs (23 but $40 to buy) or Wilson (26 but only about $24 mill) from Bournemouth to complement my squad (deals all lined up just need to hit confirm). What would you guys recommend as an accompaniment to Lukaka (yes still have him?

Hello all, will post proper updates when home from work laters, used to play ALOT and post on her around 09/10 maybe? I was always Lyon and we had a great bunch posting on that thread. Played a bit last year but recently got myself a copy of the latest edition and thought it time to become engrossed once again.

Anyways as an Everton fan I naturally chose to start off as Everton, having played for hours last night we sit atop the league although I admit to turning off in anger after my 10 game unbeaten run came to an abrupt end to the RS across the park, typical, even on FM they still bottled it.

As I said will post tactics/squad related screenshots this evening but essentially it's through current Everton squad and I'm playing a 433, made some changes to the backroom staff, got Stones and Barkley tied down with new deals and high release clauses. I've loaned in A.Correa and just got them playing to the potential they have. I have got Kenwright to agree to upgrading both the youth and training facilities which is always a good thing. Shame we can't say the same in real life.

I have limited knowledge of "wonderkids" apart from I know a handful who turned out great on the previous edition, whether the same players will on this remains to be seen. Whether we can afford them, 8m transfer budget? Christ.. and anyways I always try and keep a good core of the original players around , Stones, Barkley, Lukaku, Browning, Galloway, Holgate and then there's Tarashaj or whatever his name is, Garbutt, Besic looks to have potential. Exciting times.

NSNO!

• 1 month later...

4231 deep

LWb/A,CD/D CD/D RWB/A

DLP/D BWM/S

IF/S AM/A IF/S

DLF/A

Team instructions Play slightly higher,close down more,prevent short gk,shorter passing

Player instructions CD's mark tighter,close down less

DLP close down less tackle harder,more direct passing BWM more direct passing and get further forward

Ifs experimented with shoot less often and sit narrower but decided to leave as default hoping moving is more unpredictable and delofeu/mirralas have decent shooting stats

Am Roam from position, would also have more direct passing most likely but Barkley has no vision

(All the players ahead of the 2 deep lying midfielders have tackle harder)

Shape Flexible Mentality standard

Line up

Howard

Oviedo/Baines Stones Jagielka/Galloway Coleman

Barry DLP Mcarthy BWM

IFr Lennon IFL Mirallas/Delofeu AM Barkley

DLF Lukaku

Playing this system i have had amazing results across different saves the big problem with Everton apart from the injuries is the players seem to drop into and out of form quite often especially players like, Barkley Delefeu,Mirrallas,Kone, Jags and Galloway, I watch my games on extending so its quite obvious when someones playing **** game after game , i tend to stick with a settled 11 and change for bad form and injuries.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with a Everton save ;D YMMV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I have been playing CM/FM for many years mainly as my favourite team Arsenal, but decided to try a different team one that suited my favourite formation the 4-2-3-1.

This save has been one of the most enjoyable and challenging saves I have ever had, after a frustrating first couple of seasons finishing 4th and 5th everything clicked in season 3 and we snatched the title on goal difference :) below is a quick summary of my first 3 seasons:

First%20Season%20Transfers_zpsdnoc0cyj.jpg

Barbosa was a must buy for £10m and I needed someone to rotate with Lukaku as well, Poli came in as a much younger slightly better replacement for Barry.

Second%20Season%20Transfers_zpszknmirdi.jpg

Signed some quality players for free in this window, Saul being my favourite! could not believe he was available for free! Rulli and Sarabia were also quality freebies :) Stojanovic was a great find he has been so consistent.

Thirds%20Season%20Transfers_zpslgz3wave.jpg

Another busy transfer window decided to strengthen our defense, replaced Coleman with Chambers and brought in Vallejo and Juan Jesus, also need a decent rotation option to give Barkley a rest Bruno Fernandes ended up taking Barkleys place for a while because of his vein of form.

League%20Table%203rd%20Season_zpsna5cqm9o.jpg

Snatched the league on goal difference with a draw in our last game probably my most exciting a nail biting season in FM ever!

Everton%20Formation%202%20Holding%20Mids_zpsvhnce3kh.jpg

Download Tactic Here (via Onedrive): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmUz7M4OgefckHcuzBSsvOtl1QWE

I use the same formation home and away changing nothing except if we are strong faavourites then i'll switch the AP to attack.

In feb of my 4th season just dominated Real Madrid beating them 3-0 will update at the end of the season...

Quick update season 4: Won our second league title with a game to spare and reached the final of the champions league

League Table:

Really pleased with our defence, only letting in 18 goals in 38 games, we did go 31 games unbeaten in the league was disappointed not to go the whole season unbeaten.

League%20Table%204th%20Season_zps7ydex1rd.jpg

Line-Up and Tactic:

Team%20Selection%203_zpsn4hq6xav.jpg

We play a patient, high pressing, possession style of football.

Team%20Selection%203B_zpsc8zxxzrz.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

9b5543580acc587758bf2c42087f1b67.gif

i just got my updated team of the year and all of the players in the starting lineup for overall one are still at the club. Not had much need to wheel and deal. Gave Barkley a final year- he didn't play much last year but got a key goal and assist in a 2-2 draw in the fa cup final which was won on penalties. Butland and Roberts might be moved on. Butland is on pretty high wages for a backup and Roberts is only my third choice striker. Finally got the double and lowest goals conceded in a season achievement. Might try hold on for 20 seasons and try to get to top of hall of fame if possible but Ferguson is a long way away.

Archived