FM16: Everton FC - Howard Kendalls Blue and White Army

IUsedToBeGreat

I tried the give me one more year approach with Barkley and Stones - Currently both kicking off and demanding moves - they are both on Abysmal moral - I wouldnt mind they were both offered new deals... Which seem to have been forgotten - is that a bug?

PS - Yep I started over - I had for some reason started it in Argentinian mode yet selected the English league - which is why the screen shots show Jan 2nd

And I am the captain of this here thread :)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i alway pick everton every year but this year its a hard start. not only dealing with everyone trying to buy my guns Barkley Stone etc. the injuries to all my midfield barring like 4 its a tough gig this year.

It is a tough one, it's not getting any easier, the board have hardened this year aswell

I'm struggling with coaches more to the point clearing out and getting in one for each training discipline... The board won't let me increase the coach volumes... Say we've no money... Even though we have money from the sale of Naismith, Oviedo etc..

I'll confess I love the challenge... But hard!

If you can get top 4 first year it's fairly easy to keep hold of your players, if they want to leave for CL football tell them to hold on for a year or two because of the talented youngsters coming through, if they say they want more money either offer them a pay rise (Lukaku, Mirallas) or tell them that money isn't everything (works particularly well with Stones, Coleman and Barkley)

Sitting in 8th 5 points off the top... I am really struggling with a couple of things

The number of players injured seems a bit over the top - the players holding their fitness levels

The constant moaning of players - I have Jagielka (av rating 7.30) and Stones in at CB (av rating 7.64) - Mori (av rating 7.03... yes less games I get that) - siding with Besic (av rating 6.82) who wants first team action - yet I have McCarthy (av rating 7.70), Barry (av rating 7.44 and Romero (av rating 7.16) - I only play 2 CM players!

This is after the Stones, Coleman, Jagielka axis of I want to leave nonsense!

:mad:

And breathes...

Any advice? I am no nonsense manager - they do this they are never given way to - Besic has just been offered to clubs...MOri - I dont want to I need the cover BUT I will!

Even as a Red, I have to say that's a real nice OP. Certainly did a great man justice there.

RIP Mr Kendall.

as a man utd fan I agree :applause:

Mr Kendall was a great manager and who knows what would have happened if there hadn't been a European ban

everton would have perhaps won the European cup, they were good enough and who knows how things could have changed then in terms of domestic dominance

So how are people getting on with this?

Might start afresh now the games moved on from Beta.

Managed to get Zivkovic (AMR - left footed so makes an excellent inside forward, good PPMs as well) but couldn't get him a WP to start with, so loaned him out to somewhere in Belgium I think. Totally smashed the league in the first few weeks (he had something like 7 goals and 5 assists from 5 games before getting injured).

Definitely going to get him again when I restart

So how are people getting on with this?

Might start afresh now the games moved on from Beta.

Managed to get Zivkovic (AMR - left footed so makes an excellent inside forward, good PPMs as well) but couldn't get him a WP to start with, so loaned him out to somewhere in Belgium I think. Totally smashed the league in the first few weeks (he had something like 7 goals and 5 assists from 5 games before getting injured).

Definitely going to get him again when I restart

I was doing OK on the Beta - I was 5th 5 points off of the top - but now the full version is out - I starting over

Like I have said - I think its harder than it needs to be to keep a hold of the players... I have a half of a mind to sell sell sell!

I've got him. He's rubbish, but I've got him.

My Beta save was Milan, but have been waiting until the full release to start my Everton career. Didn't really get anywhere with an Everton save on FM15, so determined to get stuck in to one on this years game. Due to the injuries, so far I'm keeping everyone around. Normally I do a big sale of the likes of Kone, Mirallas, McGeady, Joel and Gibbo but this year I'm going to keep them around for the first season anyway as tbh, I need the squad depth right now. Only signing I've made other than staff is to bring in Timo Horn. Not overly convinced by Howard on this years game, so for £6.5m you're not going to get much better than Horn. With that signing made I'll be lining up:

----------------------Horn--------------------

--Coleman----Stones----Jags------Baines---

--------------------McCarthy-------------------

----------------Barry------Barkley--------------

--Mirallas----------------------------Deulofeu---

---------------------Romelu----------------------

Happy with that as a starting line-up, and with my first 3 fixtures being Southampton, Bournemouth and Swansea I'm hoping to start the season with a good few points. Come on the Toffees!

1st season I finished 10th.

Started 2nd season top after 7 games.

Sold Lukaku for 60M in summer and my team is as follows

----------------------Ruli (free)--------------------

--Coleman----Stones----Shawcross (3m)------Baines---

----------------McCarthy------Romero(5m)--------------

--Mirallas-------------Barkley---------------Zivkovic(free)---

--------------------- Embolo(15m)----------------------

Having been a former addict in the old Championship Manager days I've not played since 2012 and even then I barely scratched the surface as I thought there was too much messing with tactics etc.. So in FM16 I have just started a games with Sheff Utd in full game and Carlisle in touch, I was trying to avoid Everton. I had a quick look in beta at them but decided I didn't want to destroy them, plus I'll only end up going mad each week at the match when Howard is still played when I just signed a keeper who is far better.... Having found this thread today and reading it I cant help but try Everton, if only to relive my youth in the 80s watching us win leagues again.

I need a bit of help or advice with tactics. I've noticed is how complicated the tactics are now compared to the old days. Does anyone have any tips for a good set up for Everton? To give you an idea of my lack of tactical knowledge in FM16 first 3 league games with Sheff Utd 3 defeats 0-3, 0-3, 0-2.

COYB

right then gents, big FM fan but struggling with tactics and instructions this season. Any tips?

Found Horn is a must at 6.5m

anybody signed Barbosa?

Who do you sell?

Leave training to assistant manager?

Played 2 seasons and the board haven't given any money to me to spend, very limited funds. People finding it the same?

Whats the path of conversation you guys have gone through to keep Stones, no matter what I try he always becomes unhappy and says he's leaving end of.

Also, Frankie Bunn is a decent replacement if Graeme Jones leaves.

Just be careful about them sneaking transfer release clauses in to the contract

My first act as manager is to tie up:

Stones, Coleman, Barkley & Big Rom on to new deals

All 5 year deals and for some of them I insert release clauses - £35 mil on Coleman being the lowest Stones £65 mil, Barkley £85 mil and Rom was £75 mil

All have signed and obviously it gets you through the summer BUT it does eat your budget away as they are all on big money...

I have stalled on the game at the minute - 5th going in to the Christmas period - very inconsistent, beat Man United (a), Arsenal(h) and Chelsea(h), lose (badly) to Liverpool (h), Crystal Palace(a) and Villa(a)... Beat Swansea(h), draw to Spurs(h)... to name a few - My tactics aren't great obviously...

I will start playing again tonight I think but a recommended tactic using the players that we have at our disposal would be welcome...

I've just finished my first season with Everton, I finished 3rd after a poor finish of picking up 8 points from a possible 21 in my last 7 games :( I used the inverted tactic by Merakilja Vujevic, Lukaku got top scorer with 29 goals and Barbosa top assists with 16

2lxdsbd.jpg

2h7di54.png

Just been offered 50m for Barkley, tempted (Jan 2016).

30m upfront

10m after 10 international games

5m over 12 months

5m after 10 goals

40% sell-on fee

sell?

Held my nerve and didn't sell.

I've just signed Martin Ødegaard for £8.5m at the end of the season (thanks to a fight with his manager), he looks an ideal replacement for Barkley, so if they come back with £60m he can go.

Having fun with my annual Everton save.

Finished 7th first season with 64 points. Chelsea won the league by 2 points as Arsenal chocked away a massive lead only getting 2 points in the last 5 games. (They ended up winning Champion's League and Wegenr retired.) Best results were beating City, United and Chelsea @ home. Worst was getting destroyed by Watford away 1-6....

Barkley was pretty ineffective all season long because I didn't let him go to Chelsea and unlike Stones he sulked.

Lost Graeme Jones to Blackburn, replaced him with Jan Olde Riekerink

My First Transfer Window was....

Transfers In

Christian Pavon - 3.5 million (I couldn't get a Work Permit until like early December....)

Louis Schaub - 5 million

Sven Bender - 4.1 million

Jefferson - 2.8 million

Jonathan Calleri - 3.5 million

Lugwig Augustinsson - 2 million

Transfers Out

Naismith - 7 million (Southhampton)

McAleny - 1 million (Wolves)

Browning - 1.3 million (Burnley)

Oviedo - 4 million (Bournemouth)

Osman - 250k (Newcastle)

Jagielka - 4.6 million (United)

Kone - 400k (Bournemouth)

My main formation and lineup was the following.

---------------------- Jefferson --------------------

--Coleman----Stones----Funes Mori------Augustinsson---

----------------------McCarthy --------------------

----------------Bender------Barkley--------------

--Mirallas----------------------------Deuloufeu---

-----------------------Lukaku----------------------

Jan Transfer window I added a few players and cut some more dead wood.

Jan Transfers In

Jose Gimenez Loan for 135k a month with a 13 million future fee.

Predrag Rajkovic 3 million

Thiago Maia - 3.8 million

Jan Transfers Out

Mattioni - 200k (Reading)

Barry - 250k (Leicester)

Pienaar - Free

Gibson - Free

Hibbert - Free

Robles - 1 million (Molde, paying 8k per week though)

Junior - Free

Pennington - 300k (Birmingham)

Tim Howard - 0 (New York, was done in April)

I also signed 3 players on pre contracts for next season.

Andrija Zivkovic - 11k per week

Geronimo Rulli - 40k per week (please get him in real life if he's any good Martinez.....)

Tony Trindade de Vilhena - 11k per week.

End of season side was pretty much

---------------------- Jefferson --------------------

--Coleman----Stones-------Funes Mori------Baines---

------------------------Maia--------------------

----------------McCarthy------Barkley--------------

--Mirallas----------------------------------Deuloufeu---

-----------------------Lukaku----------------------

Lukaku was a beast, just like he's become lately, had 20 goals and 10 assists for the season in the league with a rating of 7.30 with 8 Man of the Matches. Mirallas was my second best player with 14 goals and 11 assists in the league with a rating of 7.20. I bombed out of the Capital and F.A Cups first games and they didn't play in them.

The start of June i sold Mirrallas to AS Monaco for 15 million so I can fund my purchase of Gimenez since the board gave me **** all money. Unfortunately he resigned with Atletico so I had to go back to the drawing board...

I finished my first season on 5th place in the league. Last game vs Swansea at home, a win would be enough to finish 4th but we only drew 0-0.

First part of the season was hard with all the injuries, I was really destroyed with injuries during the season. I sold Stones for 50mil to Arsenal and bought Marcelo Grohe(GK) because Howard just is not good enough, Geromel(DC) as Stones replacement and Zivkovic. But first part of the season we were very bad, drop as low as 14th place and then setteled to 4-1-4-1 formation which saw us bring our form up and had some nice wins against ManUtd,Liverpool and Man City among the others and finally we pushed for CL spot which was fantastic.

Best player was by far Lukaku who carried us through out the season on his back, played superbly with 20 goals and 9 assists and was elected for player of the season.

Now in the summer I decided to go for a rebuild completely and got rid of all of the deadwood and also sold Delafeou(36mil to PSG), Barkley(65mil to ManUtd) and McCarthy(59mil to ManUtd).

For the money we got I brought Yuri Tielemans,Lewis Cook, Callum Chambers, Timo Horn,Ricardo Centurion,Lucas Romero and hopefully Gabriel Barbosa(still negotiating atm). So with Galloway, Holgate,Zivkovic we now have very young and incredibly talented squad.

Horn – Coleman, Chambers, Jagielka, Baines – Besic, Tielemans, Cook, Gabriel Barbosa, Zivkovic – Lukaku

Subs: Marcelo Grohe, Holgate, Galloway, Lucas Romero, Mirallas, Centurion, Naismith

We'll se how this kids will gel and hopefully we have another strong season.

I really enjoy this Everton save..never before played with them.

Having fun with my annual Everton save.

Lukaku was a beast, just like he's become lately, had 20 goals and 10 assists for the season in the league with a rating of 7.30 with 8 Man of the Matches. Mirallas was my second best player with 14 goals and 11 assists in the league with a rating of 7.20. I bombed out of the Capital and F.A Cups first games and they didn't play in them.

I finished my first season on 5th place in the league. Last game vs Swansea at home, a win would be enough to finish 4th but we only drew 0-0.

First part of the season was hard with all the injuries, I was really destroyed with injuries during the season. I sold Stones for 50mil to Arsenal and bought Marcelo Grohe(GK) because Howard just is not good enough, Geromel(DC) as Stones replacement and Zivkovic. But first part of the season we were very bad, drop as low as 14th place and then setteled to 4-1-4-1 formation which saw us bring our form up and had some nice wins against ManUtd,Liverpool and Man City among the others and finally we pushed for CL spot which was fantastic.

Best player was by far Lukaku who carried us through out the season on his back, played superbly with 20 goals and 9 assists and was elected for player of the season.

I'm about 8 games into the season and Lukaku hasn't been playing very well for me, what formations and roles are you playing the team, Lukaku, and the attackers around him? Cheers.

How on earth did you people get 7mil+ for Naismith? i could only shift him for 4mil.

Just offered him out for 7 million the moment I had control and got a bid in straight away. yeshrug.png

I'm about 8 games into the season and Lukaku hasn't been playing very well for me, what formations and roles are you playing the team, Lukaku, and the attackers around him? Cheers.

4-1-2-2-1

Jefferson (GK)

Coleman (WB-A) Stones (BPD-D) Funes Mori (LD-D) Augustinsson (FB-A)

McCarthy (DM-D)

Bender (BWM-S) Barkley (AP-A)

Mirallas (W-A) Deuloufeu (IF-S)

Lukaku (AF)

Assistant kept saying to play Lukaku as a Target Man, but he performed way better for me as an Advanced Forward.

A few days into my second season I ended up selling Lukaku to Man City for 60 million, 30 million upfront and 30 million over 2 years IIRC.

I'm playing 4-1-4-1 and Lukaku is a false 9 role. I have Zivkovic and Centurion on the wings plus Tielemans from the CM position that are my attack options with him and it works great. Currently 2nd season, 5 games played ,4 wins and a draw. Lukaku has 4 goals,3 assists and 3 man of the match awards already.

Anybody has some screens of Holgate maybe few seasons ahead? Does he develop into quality player?

Let's give this a whirl

The goal is simple, to become Everton's longest serving manager. So we're looking at 12-13 seasons here.

Started with no coaching badges and Sunday league rep (I'm sure Mr Stones and Mr Barkley will be delighted)

Brief look at the finances and projected -10m balance at the end of season 1. Not good

I sold Stones (42m) and Coleman (24m)

Brought in Augustin (better than Oviedo who I also sold for 4m). Also Byram, Muslera and Valero.

My lineup was

Muslera gk

McCarthy/Holgate Rb- (forgot to remove loan back clause on Byram)

Baines/Augustin Lb

Jagielka

Mori (Holgate backup)

Besic (bwm)

Valero (rpm)

Barkley (AM)

Mirallas (RW)

Deulefou (LW)

Lukaku

Finished 4th and lost on penalties in FA cup final.

Lukaku scored 27, Barkley 10, Naismith 9,

Deulefou got most assists 14, Mirallas 8, Lennon 6.

Oh also Bought Fellaini back for 6m. He's a great player for set pieces and crosses in open play. Actually prefer him to Barkley.

I'm playing 4-1-4-1 and Lukaku is a false 9 role. I have Zivkovic and Centurion on the wings plus Tielemans from the CM position that are my attack options with him and it works great. Currently 2nd season, 5 games played ,4 wins and a draw. Lukaku has 4 goals,3 assists and 3 man of the match awards already.

Anybody has some screens of Holgate maybe few seasons ahead? Does he develop into quality player?

He's good as a defensive fullback. Unfortunately he's a bit short for a center back.

Why doesn't Everton give you a good transfer budget in the second season with the tv money kicking in?

I think it's because you still have monthly loan repayments of 1.5m. I got a bit of a boost before January 2017. What is your weekly wage bill? There are so many bargains around that you don't need that much. In season 2 I got Tielamans and Embolo for a little over 10 million. Sold Deulofeu to fund that. Then before season 3 sold McCarthy to Man U for about 15m and replaced him with Lucas Silva.

Someone asked earlier about replacements for Stones- I brought in Papadopoulos. He's always been good in FM and I think is easier to get and costs less than previous years. Him and Galloway are a great combination.

Archived