Nation: Any European

Division: Top/Second

European Competition: Preferably none, but not too fussed

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: ​Not important

Finances: 'Okay' at minimum

Other: Looking for a team with 1 or 2 key players which I can keep hold of and look to build the team around. Ideally the team would be expected to finish mid-table in the top division of their nation or push for promotion in the second division.

Hertha Berlin, I think that the expectations are even lower, and they "always" (or nearly) gets relegated in the first season, but have some really good players that should be able to produce better with an IRL manager than with the AI in charge

Darida, Kalou, Stocker, Brooks etc etc should be a really good base to build on

Hertha Berlin, I think that the expectations are even lower, and they "always" (or nearly) gets relegated in the first season, but have some really good players that should be able to produce better with an IRL manager than with the AI in charge

Darida, Kalou, Stocker, Brooks etc etc should be a really good base to build on

Thanks DKB - will have a look at Hertha

Nation: European

Division: Any apart from the Premier League

European Competition: Yes

Media Prediction: Top Half

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I want to manage a European club that has got a decent amount of reputation like a Dortmund, Leverkusen or Sevilla, any other suggestions would be brilliant

Schalke.

European Competition: Yes

Media Prediction: Top Half

Other: I want to manage a European club that has got a decent amount of reputation like a Dortmund, Leverkusen or Sevilla, any other suggestions would be brilliant

You should have look to Marseille in France

Might be interesting for you

European Competition: Europa league and below

Media Prediction: Any

Other: need 2 teams for an online save, preferably rivals and/or fallen giants

Nation: England (but I'm open to other suggestions)

Division: Not higher than Sky Bet League 1

European Competition: Unless there's a team from Sky Bet League 1 to Vanarama that plays Champions League, no xD

Wage Budget: Not too tight

Finances: Ok at least

Other: Hopefully this summer I'll have enough free time to be bored, so I'd like a lower league team I can build to the top with patience. It would be helpful if it had some nice backstory (I tend to spend more time when I have some kind of connection with that club). Thanks in advance ^^

European Competition: Europa league and below

Other: need 2 teams for an online save, preferably rivals and/or fallen giants

The Milan sides could be a good shout

Nation: Brazil

Division: Serie A (1st div)

European Competition: Any

Other: Want to play either 433 DM or 4231.

Any ideas of fun clubs to play with in Brazil?

Nation: A decent one in Europe

Division: Top

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: Preferably not fighting relegation

Board Expectation(s): Achievable

Transfer Budget: Enough to improve what's needed, doesn't have to be a lot

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Decent, enough to build on (ie not massive debts)

Other: Looking for a fun longer term save. For example, I had a great save last year with Ajax (10 years, won CL multiple times) but I can't get in to a save with them this year

Does anyone have any suggestions? Still struggling to get in to a save!

Nation: England (but I'm open to other suggestions)

Division: Not higher than Sky Bet League 1

European Competition: Unless there's a team from Sky Bet League 1 to Vanarama that plays Champions League, no xD

Wage Budget: Not too tight

Finances: Ok at least

Other: Hopefully this summer I'll have enough free time to be bored, so I'd like a lower league team I can build to the top with patience. It would be helpful if it had some nice backstory (I tend to spend more time when I have some kind of connection with that club). Thanks in advance ^^

Portsmouth is an obvious choice here. They have history, they have no debts, they'll easily get promoted from League 2 to Championship, they have some interesting players and they have a sizeable transfer kitty.

I've also been playing a game with Notts Co. Interesting club, the oldest in the game, but your measure of success will vary. I've gotten back to back promotions to the Prem but I could've easily spent an extra year in League 2 and League 1.

Nation: Europe

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: well I dont want to be the top boys straight off

Board Expectation(s): not fussed, they play to my tune :D

Transfer Budget: something I can manipulate

Wage Budget: probably more important, even more so if the team has loans I can terminate to free up funds

Finances: dont want the board to be stingy, also not adverse to a team ripe for a takeover

Other:

Nation: Spain, Brazil, England, France, Scotland, Italy

Division: Lowest Playable

European Competition:

Media Prediction:

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances:

Other: An interesting team I can get one of the Hero achievements with. I did it once in FM14 with Colwyn Bay, but just looking through the list, nothing really jumps out at me, except for something like Racing, but that almost sounds too easy?

I would like to do a "San Marino" type save. But I would prefer to stay out of Europe.

I would likely use claassen's world pack.

I was thinking of doing an African nation but most of their national teams are fairly decent. I'd prefer a really weak national team. The country would have to be able to theoretically qualify for the World Cup. Because that would be the goal.

I was thinking Mali. But too strong already. Paraguay too. Too strong. Can the oceanic nations ever get theoretically strong enough to grow? I poked around there a little but it seems they are mainly amateur.

Any suggestions?

I would like to do a "San Marino" type save. But I would prefer to stay out of Europe.

I would likely use claassen's world pack.

I was thinking of doing an African nation but most of their national teams are fairly decent. I'd prefer a really weak national team. The country would have to be able to theoretically qualify for the World Cup. Because that would be the goal.

I was thinking Mali. But too strong already. Paraguay too. Too strong. Can the oceanic nations ever get theoretically strong enough to grow? I poked around there a little but it seems they are mainly amateur.

Any suggestions?

How about Ethiopia or Kenya?

Division: Top, or maybe second

Other: Looking for a fun longer term save. For example, I had a great save last year with Ajax (10 years, won CL multiple times) but I can't get in to a save with them this year

Nottingham Forest, Leeds United. Both fallen giants and have rivalries in Europe and other top teams (especially Leeds).

Grasshoppers, Braga or AZ could be fun

I'm looking for a team in Europe who has a much larger local rival. Like PSG and Paris FC. I'd like the team to be at least two divisions below the bigger team.

Union Berlin vs Hertha Berlin

Queens Park vs Celtic or Nevco or Partick Thistle

Nation: a european/scandinavian one

Division: top

European Competition: not essential

Media Prediction: one of the favorites mibi top 3/4

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: good for the league

Wage Budget: same as above

Finances: decent

Other: just looking for a team that has been knocking on the topspot in their country, i like to develop young players with one or two marquee signings a season ( ny marquee i mean for the respective league, im not looking for a ronaldo, pogba, ozil type )

Nation: European, preferably a good nation

European Competition: Not necessary

Media Prediction: Something achieveable, but top half at least

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: Enough to make some changes, but doesn't have to be much

Finances: Solid, not massive amounts of debt or losing money each month

Other:

I'm basically looking for a team where I can really build a solid base and create a massive club/leave a legacy. I'm thinking something like Milan, but not too sure. I had Ajax last year and managed to go for 11 or so years and loved it but I think that's actually the reason I can' t get in to them this year. I've just tried Grasshoppers but couldn't get going with that save, seemed great but I couldn't get anything working tactically.

I'd quite like to have a youngster or two with massive potential, that'd be good

Nation: Scandinavia, Eastern Europe

European Competition: Not Needed

Media Prediction: Top half

Finances: Not in trouble

Other: Looking to dip outside of the big European leagues. Would prefer a league without draconian foreign player rules, but I can be flexible. Vibrant history is a plus. The second or third team in a 1-team league (or otherwise right outside a clear elite tier) might be a bit of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Nation: One of the biggest 5-6

Division: Tier 3 and up, preferably Tier 2 and up.

Media Prediction: Irrelevant

Board Expectation(s): Irrelevant

Other: Looking for inspiration for a team with a decent/good youth setup. A fallen 'giant' perhaps. A bit of history one way or another would be nice :-)

Nation: Literally any; somewhere a bit different would be enjoyable I am thinking.

Division: Preferably not in the top division as of yet, but am open-minded

Transfer Budget: Would like a bit of leeway but doesn't need to be much

Wage Budget: Ditto

Finances: Doesn't bother me

Other: Due to a failed hard drive, I lost all of my saves! :( So am looking to start again, but just not sure which team to be. Hoping for a long term save, assuming the new hard drive plays ball!

Nation: Literally any; somewhere a bit different would be enjoyable I am thinking.

Other: Due to a failed hard drive, I lost all of my saves! :( So am looking to start again, but just not sure which team to be. Hoping for a long term save, assuming the new hard drive plays ball!

Have you looked at Argentinian teams? They don't have a lot of money, but they fit your need for something a bit different, I would guess? There are a wealth of teams in both divisions setup to produce some quality youngsters.

How about a Mexican team, they're fun to play with. The only downside would be the somewhat confusing format.

Nation: One of the biggest 5-6

Division: Tier 3 and up, preferably Tier 2 and up.

Media Prediction: Irrelevant

Board Expectation(s): Irrelevant

Other: Looking for inspiration for a team with a decent/good youth setup. A fallen 'giant' perhaps. A bit of history one way or another would be nice :-)

I know i'm biased, but Burnley has actually been one of my most enjoyable saves. Not a fallen giant or anything but has a decent youth setup and a solid base to build around with players such as Michael Keane and Andre Gray.:thup:

Other:

I'm basically looking for a team where I can really build a solid base and create a massive club/leave a legacy. I'm thinking something like Milan, but not too sure. I had Ajax last year and managed to go for 11 or so years and loved it but I think that's actually the reason I can' t get in to them this year. I've just tried Grasshoppers but couldn't get going with that save, seemed great but I couldn't get anything working tactically.

I'd quite like to have a youngster or two with massive potential, that'd be good

Have you looked at Argentinian teams? They don't have a lot of money, but they fit your need for something a bit different, I would guess? There are a wealth of teams in both divisions setup to produce some quality youngsters.
How about a Mexican team, they're fun to play with. The only downside would be the somewhat confusing format.

Thanks to you both. I will look into both countries in greater detail when I get home tonight. Given me an idea to try and win league titles in both countries.

Other:

Schalke.

Although they do have £100m+ debt but it doesn't affect the finances much really.

Nation: Nowhere too obscure

Division: Any

European Competition: Preferably not

Media Prediction: Anything above relegation candidates

Transfer Budget: Irrelevant

Wage Budget: Irrelevant

Finances: Not in debt, preferably comfortable

Other: I've been a long time lurker around here without ever really having much success on the game, but I've read so many guides on everything from tactics to training to squad and club management, and i'm looking for a club where i can start to try and gain a better understanding of tactics (so no one with high board expectations of Europe and titles too soon) with the finances that would allow me to really experiment with training too, so i can afford good tutors and better staff. The biggest thing though is finding a club that would be happy to finish mid table for a while without me having to worry too much about relegation either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Something a long the lines of the Eredevisie or Portugal seems most appealing at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Division: Top 2

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Mid/ Top half

Board Expections: As above

Transfer Budget: Not too important

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: OK

Other: Done a couple of 5-6 season saves with Arsenal & St. Pauli, just looking for something to get my teeth into with long term potential.

Cheers!

Having had some time to think, I am going to refine my request above.

Nation: Mid Level European (Denmark, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey come to mind)

Europe: Not Important

Media Prediction: Mid Table

Board: As Above

Transfer Budget: Some but doesn't need to be huge

Wage Budget: Room for movement

Cheers :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Nation: Mexico or South America but not Brazil (the amount of highly talented players available at every level gives me a sensory overload - I'm sceptical on Argentina for the same reason)

Division: First or second

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: If first division (mid-to-bottom) if in second anything but relegation struggle. In Peru they can also be title contenders

Board Expectation(s): in line with media prediction

Transfer Budget: some but not too big

Wage Budget: some spare but not too much. total budget should not dwarf the competition

Finances: anything but bankrupt

Other: Basically looking for a team that has good attendance figures and/or facilities but has recently underachieved (or never lived up to its potential) - something like Newcastle. The faster the season's go by the better and I consider it a bonus if there's no apertura/clausure. And I'm playing FM15...

On 7/23/2016 at 13:27, raymondafc said:

Division: Top 2

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Mid/ Top half

Board Expections: As above

Transfer Budget: Not too important

Wage Budget: As above

Other: Done a couple of 5-6 season saves with Arsenal & St. Pauli, just looking for something to get my teeth into with long term potential.

Cheers!

Sampdoria. A mid-level team with tons of history and fairly talented squad. Serie a is a tough league and it is always difficult to break Juventus's dominance. Plus if you haven't run any brand new updates you can still have Joaquin Correa and Roberto Soriano. You also have Palombo ( the best tutor) , Muriel, Cassano and lots of room for growth. Serie A has tons of teams with great history (Genoa (samp's rival), Torino, Hellas Verona) who have a sort of fall from grace period recently. It would be fun to try one of those teams and build an empire

17 hours ago, forzalazio87 said:

Sampdoria. A mid-level team with tons of history and fairly talented squad. Serie a is a tough league and it is always difficult to break Juventus's dominance. Plus if you haven't run any brand new updates you can still have Joaquin Correa and Roberto Soriano. You also have Palombo ( the best tutor) , Muriel, Cassano and lots of room for growth. Serie A has tons of teams with great history (Genoa (samp's rival), Torino, Hellas Verona) who have a sort of fall from grace period recently. It would be fun to try one of those teams and build an empire

Thanks forzalazio87. I have been considering Italy, I had a good Inter save a couple of versions ago. I was looking at the Calcio thread in GPTG as well as some of the team threads. Ironically, Lazio was/are a team I'm considering :thup:

49 minutes ago, raymondafc said:

Thanks forzalazio87. I have been considering Italy, I had a good Inter save a couple of versions ago. I was looking at the Calcio thread in GPTG as well as some of the team threads. Ironically, Lazio was/are a team I'm considering :thup:

Lazio is also a great team to be haha. They start off in champions league so you have that to look forward too and they are super easy to build upon. I was able to win the title in my second year at Lazio( with a lot of luck) so they are certainly a great team with potential. I didn't want to directly point them out to you cause clearly i am very biased but yeah lazio is a great team with lots of history, incredible fans, and you start off with several world class players ( Candreva (he is gone now :() Biglia, felipe anderson, keita, de vrij. I recently took a break from my save with them(sometimes it is too much pressure to manage your favorite team) to take on another challenge but again Lazio is one of the best teams to play with in fm

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find myself in this thread again! Looking for a long term save that could take all year! Note that that's not going to be too difficult seeing as though my playing time is very limited lately. I reckon I can do a season in around one month so a save that could last 10-15 seasons would be ideal. That's not much really to create a world beater.

Nation: Open to any European or South American nation. Would like to stay clear of Euro nations ranked further down than say Croatia/ Austria and I wouldn't want to start so far down in these types of leagues due to it taking too long to make them domestic champions and European challengers! 

Division: Due to the nature of me wanting a long term save I want to be out of the top tier but not so far down that my players don't now how to kick a ball!

European Competition: None.

Media Prediction: Any, possibly steer away from relegation candidates.

Board Expectation(s): Any, not too much pressure.

Other: Ideas: A fallen giant; a team with a history of producing top players; potential components of a money-ball strategy; something else vaguely interesting. Preferably all of the above!

34 minutes ago, 1967 said:

I find myself in this thread again! Looking for a long term save that could take all year! Note that that's not going to be too difficult seeing as though my playing time is very limited lately. I reckon I can do a season in around one month so a save that could last 10-15 seasons would be ideal. That's not much really to create a world beater.

Nation: Open to any European or South American nation. Would like to stay clear of Euro nations ranked further down than say Croatia/ Austria and I wouldn't want to start so far down in these types of leagues due to it taking too long to make them domestic champions and European challengers! 

Division: Due to the nature of me wanting a long term save I want to be out of the top tier but not so far down that my players don't now how to kick a ball!

European Competition: None.

Media Prediction: Any, possibly steer away from relegation candidates.

Board Expectation(s): Any, not too much pressure.

Other: Ideas: A fallen giant; a team with a history of producing top players; potential components of a money-ball strategy; something else vaguely interesting. Preferably all of the above!

Could go for Dinamo Moscow, relegated last year so fit the Fallen Giant criteria, the squad's good enough for promotion so the expectations are manageable and you have a short term challenge in beating CSKA/Spartak etc; before moving on to Europe. 

They were my 'test save'!

I've played a couple of seasons as them and they are a shout but their finances are truly terrible, Russian talent is thin on the ground and foreign player rules limit the money-ball potential of the game. What happens is promotion is a gimme (if you don't go into administration) but then you lose key players and don't have the money to replace them. Then you realise how much of a step up the first division is!

Any more?

Archived