FM16: What Team Should I Be?

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I've been away from FM for a long time and have recently picked up my interest mainly due to CL and Europa League.

I haven't played this version this much so I don't know much about it. But I imagine it's more or less the same. So why I'm here? I need help to pick a new team. I want to start a long term save where I can develop the team to fit a specific DNA (direct attacking football or counter attack). I just don't know which team to play. I must feel identified with the team. Few ideas:

- Tottenham or Arsenal. Mainly because I like their squads and they have the potential to became much better than in IRL. I reckon it can be pretty easy;

- The underdog option. Like Aston Villa, WBA or Crystal Palace. I like their squads and can be a good chalenge to improve them;

- Athletic Bilbao

- Valencia

- Fiorentina

- Dortmund

These are my initial thoughts. If you have anything to add just tell. I'm open for new ideas.

Hey guys! I've been away from FM for a long time and have recently picked up my interest mainly due to CL and Europa League.

I haven't played this version this much so I don't know much about it. But I imagine it's more or less the same. So why I'm here? I need help to pick a new team. I want to start a long term save where I can develop the team to fit a specific DNA (direct attacking football or counter attack). I just don't know which team to play. I must feel identified with the team. Few ideas:

- Tottenham or Arsenal. Mainly because I like their squads and they have the potential to became much better than in IRL. I reckon it can be pretty easy;

- The underdog option. Like Aston Villa, WBA or Crystal Palace. I like their squads and can be a good chalenge to improve them;

- Athletic Bilbao

- Valencia

- Fiorentina

- Dortmund

These are my initial thoughts. If you have anything to add just tell. I'm open for new ideas.

Keep in mind, I'm an Athletic supporter and play them every year in FM, but I'd strongly recommend them. They have a solid squad that can fairly easily finish in the top four in season one; given their transfer restrictions it's also really fun to go around scouting/developing youngsters and trying to bring in (or bring back) the best Basque players. Also a minor challenge in fending off interest in your best players from other clubs.

Nation: No preference, anywhere within the EU

Division: Top or second divison

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: stable, or at least not too dire

Other: become very burnt out on my current long term save and FM in general and looking for something interesting to help get my interest back

thanks for any help

Hi.

Who should I look at? What leagues do not become too easy due to TV money. I have been Blackburn but I got CL football in first season and having budgets of £60mil make me feel the game is unrealistic. Probably Europe but not too brilliant.

Try out blackpool. 50k budget, no squad harmony and they can't play together. Very poor players. It's a real challenge to even finish mid table. I'd recommend it and I'm only 7 games into my first season.

Nation: England

Division: League 1/2

Media Prediction: Mid/Low table

Board Expectation(s): Mid/Low Table

Transfer Budget: A little would be nice but nothing over the top for the division

Wage Budget: Little bit of play

Finances: Sound NOT rich

Other: A long term save, something to get my teeth into. A decent enough squad with the right additions can mount a promotion charge

Nation: Any in the EU

Division: N/A

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Mid table and down

Board Expectation(s): Realistic

Transfer Budget: More than 0

Wage Budget: Some cash to spare

Finances: At least okay

Other: I want a club with decent finances (for its level) and no recent success (Best game i had so far was Granada). A decent youth setup would be nice as well

Division: Championship/League 1

European Competition: //

Media Prediction: Top half

Board Expectation(s): Top Half

Transfer Budget: //

Wage Budget: //

Finances: Average to good

Other: Nice young players to develop

Division: Championship/League 1

European Competition: //

Media Prediction: Top half

Transfer Budget: //

Wage Budget: //

Finances: Average to good

Other: Nice young players to develop

seriously suggest Brighton :thup:

Transfer Budget: A little would be nice but nothing over the top for the division

Other: A long term save, something to get my teeth into. A decent enough squad with the right additions can mount a promotion charge

Gillingham or AFC Wimbledon?

Nation: Any South America

Division: Any

European Competition: no

Media Prediction: Low

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: any

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other: sleeping giant maybe.

Bit of an odd request here, but I've recently jumped on the Man United youth hype train, and was looking for a team who might have the funds/reputation to get players like Andreas Pereira, Januzaj, Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick-Jackson, Rashford etc.? As I've got a United save going, but all those players benefit more from loans, and I'd love to give them starts!

I started with Millwall, really enjoyable.

Nation: Any in the EU

Division: N/A

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Mid table and down

Transfer Budget: More than 0

Wage Budget: Some cash to spare

Finances: At least okay

Other: I want a club with decent finances (for its level) and no recent success (Best game i had so far was Granada). A decent youth setup would be nice as well

Genoa...

Division: Championship, League 1, League 2

Media Prediction: Lower Half

Board Expectation(s): Lower Half

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: Just looking for a long term save with any Football League Club, getting them to Premier League and Europe.

Nation: France, Italy, Portugal, Germany (not Spain or England)

Division: Top (second tier if the story is compelling enough)

Transfer Budget: Decent to work with, that becomes bigger with success

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Decent/Good

Wage Budget: Decent/Good

Finances: Decent/Good

Other: Basically, I'm looking to do a Diego Simeone-style narrative with a well-known team that is maybe down on its luck or just can't dethrone some of the giants of their league. I want to build a mean team of mad ******** like he did, with a defensive focus. Youth to plug in to the squad would be nice.

Division: Championship, League 1, League 2

Media Prediction: Lower Half

Board Expectation(s): Lower Half

Other: Just looking for a long term save with any Football League Club, getting them to Premier League and Europe.

No bias but Barnsley?

We have a lot of potential in the squad, a very young squad and you will have some money to play with from the profit of John Stones should he go for megabucks.

My thread is here : http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441112-FM16-Barnsley-F-C-The-Only-Way-Is-Up-Surely

Other: Basically, I'm looking to do a Diego Simeone-style narrative with a well-known team that is maybe down on its luck or just can't dethrone some of the giants of their league. I want to build a mean team of mad ******** like he did, with a defensive focus. Youth to plug in to the squad would be nice.

Spartak Moscow. I know they are not playing in one of the nations you listed but the russian league is only slightly worse than the portuguese. Spartak Moscow is one of the big clubs in Russia but have not won the league since 2001. They have one af the best youth and training setups in Russia and you will get plenty of cash. It will be quite a challenge to dethrone Zenit and CSKA. I'm playing with Dinamo Moscow atm and having one of my best careers in FM ever. You just have to watch out for for the rule that in Russia you can have no more than 6 foreigners in the starting eleven.

Spartak Moscow. I know they are not playing in one of the nations you listed but the russian league is only slightly worse than the portuguese. Spartak Moscow is one of the big clubs in Russia but have not won the league since 2001. They have one af the best youth and training setups in Russia and you will get plenty of cash. It will be quite a challenge to dethrone Zenit and CSKA. I'm playing with Dinamo Moscow atm and having one of my best careers in FM ever. You just have to watch out for for the rule that in Russia you can have no more than 6 foreigners in the starting eleven.

Hi Rasnaldo with the rules... is the only foreign rules 6 max in starting eleven? How about foreigners registration for season? Any restriction?

Plenty of options in Germany for this... Hamburg, Hertha Berlin, Stuttgart.

Hi Rasnaldo with the rules... is the only foreign rules 6 max in starting eleven? How about foreigners registration for season? Any restriction?

The only rules is a maximum of 6 foreign players in the starting eleven. You can have as many foreigners in the squad as you want.

Nation: Any In Europe

Division: Top or Second

European Competition: Maybe

Media Prediction: 6-10

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Decent

Other: Basically a team I can challenge for Europe with.

Nation: Europe (not BPL , La Liga , Ligue 1 , Serie A , Bundesliga or Primeira Liga)

Division: Top

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Minimum top half , preferbly top 4

Board Expectation(s): See above

Finances: Not a huge amount of debt , but they don't need to be oil rich.

Other : Good history or batch of youngsters / good set & facilities. Maybe in a division where a team has been bossing it for a long time.

I had a Dnipro save in FM10 and it was one of my favourite saves ever so I'm looking for a similar team in a different league.

Off the top of my head the Swiss , Serbian , Norwegian or Turkish leagues look promising. Does anyone have experience in either of these? Or better suggestions

Norway are a good game just got Follo FK into top Flight and lots of great players on the cheap. So maybe look there

Hi guys, really struggling to stick with one save, always restarting so need to find one to stick with...

Nation: Anyone except England, Spain, Italy, Germany

European Competition: UCL or Europa or none

Media Prediction: 1-4

Board Expectation(s): UCL quail / Challenge for Title

Transfer Budget: Decent

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: No debt

Other: Great youth academy and youngsters

So as you can see from that... someone who comes from a league outside top four and is expected to win or challenge for title.

Long term challenge is in Europe...

Nation: Somewhere in Europe

Division: Doesn't matter

European Competition: -

Media Prediction: -

Transfer Budget: See "other"

Wage Budget: See "other"

Finances: Prefered not in dept but doesn't matter really

Other: Looking for a team like Borussia Dortmund. Great fanbase with the potential of becoming a great team

and the potential of getting access to big money after a few seasons.

I hope you guys know what I'm looking for :)

Recently started a Monaco save, and it went terribly, so I jumped ship. Anyway, the thing I was most attracted to which made me start a game with them was the amount of wonderkids in the team, something crazy like 10 in the first team and 15 or so in the reserve squad, plus another 10-15 in the U19s!! Unfortunately I just couldn't get the team to click so failed miserably.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if there are any teams with a similar setup? Making it possible to field a side mainly with talented youngsters and plenty of potential throughout the squad? Thinking of starting up a Spurs save for this reason and Schalke is also a possibility. Any other recommendations?

Ajax would fit the bill

Looking for two similar teams for a network game.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe

Division: Top or second tier

European Competition: Both teams either in or out of europe

Other: Looking for two teams to play in a network game, looking for similar clubs to each other who are preferably rivals.

Looking for two similar teams for a network game.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe

Division: Top or second tier

European Competition: Both teams either in or out of europe

Other: Looking for two teams to play in a network game, looking for similar clubs to each other who are preferably rivals.

Aberdeen and Dundee Utd

Nation: France, Spain, England, Italy, Portugal, Netherland, Germany

Division: Any

Other: I want a fun carreer, I don't want to be bored too fast.

After playing with Parma, Leeds and Atletico, I want a new and fun carreer.

Nation: A decent one in Europe

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: Preferably not fighting relegation

Board Expectation(s): Achievable

Transfer Budget: Enough to improve what's needed, doesn't have to be a lot

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Decent, enough to build on (ie not massive debts)

Other: Looking for a fun longer term save. For example, I had a great save last year with Ajax (10 years, won CL multiple times) but I can't get in to a save with them this year

Nation: Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary

Division: Lowest Available

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Not top challengers

Transfer Budget: Not Bothered

Wage Budget: Not Bothered

Finances: Not Bothered

Other: I have had awesome saves previously in these leagues just need help picking a team

Nation: Denmark, Czech Republic or Hungary

Board Expectation(s): Not to challengers

Finances: N/A

Other: I have had a great save in these leagues previously just need some advice on who to be and why

Nation: European (France, Germany, Italy, Russia, England, Spain..?)

Division: top 2

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: I want to manage 2 teams at once. I'm planning on taking a MLS create-a-club (swapping Houston for Austin 3:16). I then want to create an affiliation with a European based team to trade players with, Man City/NYC type of setup. I want the youth prospects to go over to the MLS. I dont want a current 'big' team, but I want to create/resurrect a new super power, maybe with a USA back story that I dont know about?

Nation: Denmark, Czech Republic, Hungary

European Competition: None

Transfer Budget: Not Bothered

Wage Budget: Not Bothered

Finances: Not Bothered

Other: I have had awesome saves previously in these leagues just need help picking a team

Denmark has a couple of clubs with great history in the lowest division (2. division): AB, Fremad Amager, Frem, Hvidovre, B 93 are all clubs with a great history, who have now fallen into the lower levels.

Nation: France? Holland?

Division: Preferably top but wouldn't mind going lower.

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Don't care

Transfer Budget: Not needed

Wage Budget: Not neded

Finances: No debt

Other: Looking for a team that has a strong youth system so within a few seasons I can have a reasonable amount of Home Grown players in my squad. That's pretty much all i'm after although I am looking to stay in one of the "better" leagues but avoiding England all together.

Thanks in advance!

Nation: A decent one in Europe

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: Preferably not fighting relegation

Board Expectation(s): Achievable

Transfer Budget: Enough to improve what's needed, doesn't have to be a lot

Wage Budget: Same as above

Finances: Decent, enough to build on (ie not massive debts)

Other: Looking for a fun longer term save. For example, I had a great save last year with Ajax (10 years, won CL multiple times) but I can't get in to a save with them this year

Any suggestions?

Division: Sky Bet Championship, League One, League Two, Conference and Conference North and South

Other:

Looking for a club with a great youth setup, that has some really good youngsters all ready(as in 20 years old or younger),

Nation: European

Division: Any apart from the Premier League

European Competition: Yes

Media Prediction: Top Half

Other: I want to manage a European club that has got a decent amount of reputation like a Dortmund, Leverkusen or Sevilla, any other suggestions would be brilliant

Division: Sky Bet Championship, League One, League Two, Conference and Conference North and South

Other:

Looking for a club with a great youth setup, that has some really good youngsters all ready(as in 20 years old or younger),

Crewe are probably a pretty good option.

Nation: European

Division: Any apart from the Premier League

European Competition: Yes

Media Prediction: Top Half

Other: I want to manage a European club that has got a decent amount of reputation like a Dortmund, Leverkusen or Sevilla, any other suggestions would be brilliant

How about the eastern countries? One of the Moscow, Bucharest or Prague clubs. They are probably a bit smaller than the club you ideally want, but managing in eastern europe is good fun.

Nation: Any European

Division: Top/Second

European Competition: Preferably none, but not too fussed

Media Prediction: Mid-table

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Not important

Wage Budget: ​Not important

Finances: 'Okay' at minimum

Other: Looking for a team with 1 or 2 key players which I can keep hold of and look to build the team around. Ideally the team would be expected to finish mid-table in the top division of their nation or push for promotion in the second division.

Archived