(FM 16 Beta) - Tav's Beta Smasher 4-2-3-1 Perfection

This is what would have happened if Klopp went to Bayern Munich in the summer.

Tav's Beta Smasher

A 4-2-3-1 Highly attacking pressing tactic. Obviously meant for a top team! Key to the success is the top two strikers, they need to both create and score goals. All round monsters needed for these positions.

We have torn up the record books in the first half of the season. Over 100 goals scored in all competitions (27 games played!!!) and 10 goals against. This tactic is quite possibly the greatest iv ever made. Had some belters over the years too.

I have also created an away tactic. Almost indentical only changes are that the wingers are in the ML/MR slots and its now Control Mentality. Best used in the tough away games or really big home games (Beat Real 6-0 at home using it).

League Table

Best Players

Lewandowski on target for 75+ Goals this season - http://s9.postimg.org/gmkcn3tvj/2015_10_30_00004.jpg

Muller his partner in crime - http://s29.postimg.org/y4deizdiv/2015_10_30_00005.jpg

The main team statistics so far - http://s1.postimg.org/oiooklg67/2015_10_30_00014.jpg

Notable Results

Real Smashed 6-0 - http://s29.postimg.org/6tnygp25z/2015_10_30_00010.jpg

Bremen 7-0 Away - http://s8.postimg.org/5ddv88sz9/2015_10_30_00011.jpg

Gelsenkirken 8-0 Away - http://s13.postimg.org/um54lhj6v/2015_10_30_00012.jpg

Results Overall So Far

http://s4.postimg.org/ge8ni2cjx/2015_10_30_00008.jpg

http://s4.postimg.org/seu3isjyl/2015_10_30_00009.jpg

The Tactics Downloads

Big Favourite/Need a Goal Tactic Tav's Beta Smasher

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=12083341816351889957

Solid Control Tactic Away Solid

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=49051983785121861016

Tav's Beta Smasher Inverted

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07344111785221124505

Away Solid Inverted

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65685283186151824152

More content to follow. Any questions guys then please ask.

The First Day In The Job

This is not a day to celebrate your new job and have a party, no no no, this is the most important day in any new save. Major work and lots of it must be done today.

What i do when i start a new game is use the first day to get all the ground work in place. This allows my team to have the longest preseason possible to get fully acquainted with each other and the tactic.

The tasks at hand -

1. Evaluate your team and bid for all your transfer targets (even backup targets). Your tactic familiarity actually decreases with every new signing to your team so all bids get done day one.

2. Cancel every friendly game! Then arrange games against absolute trailer trash 3 days apart (starting 3 days from now). If possible try and get 12-14 games in place before start of the season. This will ensure max familiarity by game day 1.

3. Evaluate backroom staff and offer contracts to new staff. Mutualy terminate the rubbish members but always keep your best tactic coach. Even if you are getting rid of him when new staff arrive. Keep him and make sure he is coaching tactics only.

4. Set up your tactic and make 2 copies so all 3 slots are being used. Make sure they are exact so the familiarity increases faster.

5. Go on to team training and remove both rest days. Set match training to tactics and push the slider to far left so its max (50%). I leave the other training on balanced and average.

6. Give each player an individual training regime relative to what you want from them e.g. Lewandowski - Deep Lying Forward. If a player needs a certain attribute improved then specialize on that.

7. Do all the news requirements and get ready for the start of preseason. Always be realistic with season targets at player meeting (say your going to win the league )

Getting the best out of the tactic

On the surface the 4-2-3-1 tactic looks like it ticks all the boxes. It gives you extra numbers in midfield, and an attacking shape to fill with the most flair fuelled Brazilians your scouts can find. To get it to work, like any other tactic, you need balance in your team selection. Otherwise you are leaving yourself open for a hiding!

I will go through each position and suggest key attributes needed for the roles. Also the importance of players strong foot and PPM's.

Sweeper Keeper

Needs to have great reflexes, positioning and anticipation. The most essential attribute is Rushing Out, it must be high so he isn't left on his line with a striker through on goal.

Wing Back (S)

Depending on what foot your Inside Forward favours will determine what side this guy plays on.

E.G. Depay for Man U is right footed so should cut in off the left so hes on goal with his stonger foot. This would mean i would play my WB on the left to accommodate this. I would in fact invert the whole tactic (more on this later).

If on the left then left footed, right then right footed. Common sense I know but you would be surprised how much it effects how the tactic works.

Key Attributes - Positioning, Marking, Stamina, Work Rate, Off The Ball, Crossing and Pace.

Full Back (A)

Same as WB but a little more emphasis on the attacking attributes. He will assist a lot if he has good passing and crossing.

Centre Back (S)

Key Attributes - Aggression, Marking, Anticipation, Tackling and Decisions.

Centre Back (D)

Must not have PPM - Gets Forward when Possible. He must be at home when the invasion comes!

Normal every day defender will do the job here. Make sure he is tall, can head the ball and has a little lick of pace about him. This tactic will expose slow defenders so its best to pretend your playing Fifa Ultimate Team here :D

BBM and DLP

Just read the descriptions about what their role entails and you will work out what cuts it here. Make sure your DLP doesn't have PPM - Gets Forward when Possible also. He needs to always be furthest back so he is an out ball when your team can't go forward any more.

I prefer two footed players for these roles if possible. Adds that extra dimension to your tactic. Both must be good at defending too. All round players are essential.

Inside Foward (A)

Must be on opposite wing to his strongest foot. No if's, but's or maybe's. Tactic wont work otherwise. Great pace, dribbling, flair needed here.

Winger (S)

Must be on same wing as strongest foot so he provides that much needed width. Dribbling, Crossing, Pace and Off The Ball are most important.

Shadow Striker

Good PPM's - Gets Forward, Moves into Channels, Plays One Twos.

Bad PPM's - Drops Deep, Passes Before Shooting.

Needs to be that unpredictable force in your team that can put the ball into the net. He drives late into the box so cant be left deep. Decisions and Off The Ball are most important here.

Deep Lying Forward (S)

Think target man here. PPM comes deep is great also.

I want this player to be a physical specimen. Tall, Strong and Fast. He must be able to put the ball in the net but also be able to contribute to the build up play. A small pacey striker wont work so don't even try it. He will be your main source of goals but all goals will be different. He needs to have the ability to score all sorts from all angles. Two working feet will make this man your Hero.

I can't stress enough of the importance of player's stronger foot. For this tactic to work you need a top team with great physical, mental and technical attributes but also the right pegs in the right holes (Or Left peg in Right Hole if Inside forward :D). I would mirror image the whole tactic depending on preferred feet, shifting every position bar the goalkeeper about. Its easy enough to do but I will post a download link if people want it.

I have a question, Could you put a different download link in please, as this tinyupload link isn't working for me? if not Is there anything we need to know i.e. Individual player instructions? OIs? Team Instructions (I can see some but not all).

Finally, is this just a top team tactic, Trying a save with Bradford Park Avenue in the Conference North, just want to know if I am wasting my time?

Thanks

GC

Just ran this tactic. I was Man U and played Stoke at home and they beat me 2-0 and out shot me 21-11 and 8-3 shots on target. 51% possession for Stoke. I will keep testing.

Also, I am a bit confused. You said the most important part to this tactic are the two strikers. But, this is only a one striker formation.

I'm about to fill the first reserved spot above with info about the importance of pre-season. Been essential for getting tactics working fluidly since FM13 really. No longer is it as simple as plug in and play.

Hope it can help some guys out who are struggling.

Getting the best out of the tactic

On the surface the 4-2-3-1 tactic looks like it ticks all the boxes. It gives you extra numbers in midfield, and an attacking shape to fill with the most flair fuelled Brazilians your scouts can find. To get it to work, like any other tactic, you need balance in your team selection. Otherwise you are leaving yourself open for a hiding!

I will go through each position and suggest key attributes needed for the roles. Also the importance of players strong foot and PPM's.

Sweeper Keeper

Needs to have great reflexes, positioning and anticipation. The most essential attribute is Rushing Out, it must be high so he isn't left on his line with a striker through on goal.

Wing Back (S)

Depending on what foot your Inside Forward favours will determine what side this guy plays on.

E.G. Depay for Man U is right footed so should cut in off the left so hes on goal with his stonger foot. This would mean i would play my WB on the left to accommodate this. I would in fact invert the whole tactic (more on this later).

If on the left then left footed, right then right footed. Common sense I know but you would be surprised how much it effects how the tactic works.

Key Attributes - Positioning, Marking, Stamina, Work Rate, Off The Ball, Crossing and Pace.

Full Back (A)

Same as WB but a little more emphasis on the attacking attributes. He will assist a lot if he has good passing and crossing.

Centre Back (S)

Key Attributes - Aggression, Marking, Anticipation, Tackling and Decisions.

Centre Back (D)

Must not have PPM - Gets Forward when Possible. He must be at home when the invasion comes!

Normal every day defender will do the job here. Make sure he is tall, can head the ball and has a little lick of pace about him. This tactic will expose slow defenders so its best to pretend your playing Fifa Ultimate Team here :D

BBM and DLP

Just read the descriptions about what their role entails and you will work out what cuts it here. Make sure your DLP doesn't have PPM - Gets Forward when Possible also. He needs to always be furthest back so he is an out ball when your team can't go forward any more.

I prefer two footed players for these roles if possible. Adds that extra dimension to your tactic. Both must be good at defending too. All round players are essential.

Inside Foward (A)

Must be on opposite wing to his strongest foot. No if's, but's or maybe's. Tactic wont work otherwise. Great pace, dribbling, flair needed here.

Winger (S)

Must be on same wing as strongest foot so he provides that much needed width. Dribbling, Crossing, Pace and Off The Ball are most important.

Shadow Striker

Good PPM's - Gets Forward, Moves into Channels, Plays One Twos.

Bad PPM's - Drops Deep, Passes Before Shooting.

Needs to be that unpredictable force in your team that can put the ball into the net. He drives late into the box so cant be left deep. Decisions and Off The Ball are most important here.

Deep Lying Forward (S)

Think target man here. PPM comes deep is great also.

I want this player to be a physical specimen. Tall, Strong and Fast. He must be able to put the ball in the net but also be able to contribute to the build up play. A small pacey striker wont work so don't even try it. He will be your main source of goals but all goals will be different. He needs to have the ability to score all sorts from all angles. Two working feet will make this man your Hero.

I can't stress enough of the importance of player's stronger foot. For this tactic to work you need a top team with great physical, mental and technical attributes but also the right pegs in the right holes (Or Left peg in Right Hole if Inside forward :D). I would mirror image the whole tactic depending on preferred feet, shifting every position bar the goalkeeper about. Its easy enough to do but I will post a download link if people want it.

Thanks for this information! So, it basically means that all wingers/IFs should be left-footed? Or if both are right-footed, I can invert the tactic, including the fullback/wingback too? I guess the problem arises if I have one right-footed and one left-footed wide player I want to use in the winger/IF positions. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs-situation eh?

The winger and full backs are the only players that give you width. They won't be doing the job right if they have to cut in to use their strong foot. So to get it to work at its full potential you must have this set up this way.

If a player is either footed then you're fine to place him anywhere. Just be aware he doesn't have PPM - Avoids using weaker foot.

The winger and full backs are the only players that give you width. They won't be doing the job right if they have to cut in to use their strong foot. So to get it to work at its full potential you must have this set up this way.

If a player is either footed then you're fine to place him anywhere. Just be aware he doesn't have PPM - Avoids using weaker foot.

I 100% see what you mean, and I agree, but when your two best players are Gaitan (left-footed) and Salvio (right-footed) and they are both wingers, it makes it hard to leave one out. I will find a solution :-)

Maybe try it with a midtier team before posting it here? Munich is just so superior in player quality in germany.

I have said a few times already that it's a top team tactic. Any tactic is only a part of getting the right result. Morale, Team Talks, Press Conferences and Player Fitness are all major variables.

Very good tactic, thanks for sharing. Creates lots of good chances and nice play. It's vulnerable if the opposition comes at you and think it's better than you though.

As for the mid tier argument, I'm currently playing with a mid tier side (Villa, 2nd season, expected to finish mid-table) and I'm doing quite well. When the opposition is coming at me though, I change to the 'Solid away' version and put it on Counter/fluid. Works very well so far. I haven't used it for long tho, but it seems lethal on the counter as well.

Inverting The Tactic

I have started a test save as Liverpool. Top 8 team with potential, not world beaters yet. I'm going to use Away Solid 90% of the time and only go to Attacking tactic when needing a late goal or in the cup. It is the most competitive league in the world so even at home we aren't safe to attack for 90mins.

I maybe didn't make it clear above how important Away Solid is. Until 4 or 5 transfer windows have passed you still wont have the players you need to be the dominate force in your league. Gung-ho will have to wait.

First League Game

This is how I have set up the team to get the best out of the tactic. Few injuries so of course we will be stronger in the future but for now I'm happy. One signing and a big one. Main man Bolasie in to play as my winger.

Tactic Download

Away Solid Inverted for Right Footed Players - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=65685283186151824152

My results so far 2nd season with Villa

2FlAsSL.png

S0Bk9Nc.png

Used 2nd string team for all cup/europa league games. Fierro did very well in the SS-role until he got a 5 month injury.

I've been stating with the attacking tactic in most games, and swithching to soild but using counter and moving the DLP to DM-position when needed.

Edit: My run came to an end in typical FM-rage-enducing-fashion:

IoCVSLt.png

No, I used my own okayish attempt at a tactic. Was struggling to create chances, but it was solid defensively. I only used yours towards the end of the season-

Going through a bit of bad patch now (compared to how it was going). My main striker is on a 13 games goal drought and I'm sorely missing Fierro. My current main shadow striker hasn't scored in 5. Still winning most games tho, just the odd frustrating game with 20+ shots and no goals.

TAV2, do you have any preferences on preferred foot of the striker and shadow striker?

TAV2, do you have any preferences on preferred foot of the striker and shadow striker?

Having a very one footed striker makes him predictable. Defenders can show him onto his weaker foot and a good chance disappears in an instant. Have at least him or your Shadow Striker with a reasonable weak foot. Preferably both if you have the transfer funds.

Not tested to see if Left or Right footed players are better. What I do suggest you have though is a highly determined striker on your bench. Maybe not the same quality as your main man but someone to bring on when struggling. An encouraging team talk to a boy 16+ determination will go along way.

Not tested to see if Left or Right footed players are better.

I could be wrong, but I think my current set up of a right footed striker and a left footed shadow striker (on a reversed tactic) was causing a traffic jam, with them cutting into each others space. I swapped out Lincoln for a right footed player (so I had right footed players all across the entire frontline). It was one who wasn't really suited to the role, but in the first game the attack was looking very different, with the shadow striker popping up in different areas. He got two goals so that bodes well.

Please if you're going to release a tactic don't use a team that is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league.

I'm showing you what the tactic is capable to do at its Max potential. By season 4 of any team, you should have a squad that is head and shoulders better than the rest of the league. Poor AI transfers and relegations/promotions will ensure the league is yours for the taking.

If people are having trouble then feel free to ask questions.

Just for Bob Sardinia -

I made no transfers in the pre-season so my team is pretty poor in comparison. Especially my two CB's (Mmemba and Coloccini). Blame them two for goals im conceding as they get beat for pace a lot. Still winning though.

A tactic is only a small part of getting the results you want. You have to be good at other aspects of the game especially when playing with a mid-tier team you want to overachieve with.

Update on my season

L7JUoth.png

Don't really understand the massive difference. Almost like the players where nervous and complacent at the same time. I think it was probably lots of things at faul, like the pressure of the situation, key injures, FM being FM. Goals stopped coming easily. Afobe 16 games without a goal before he got a 4 month injury. Then I got a couple of key players out injured. Gk Rulli being the most crucial one. That horrid run had the opponent team score on every chance, whereas I had to grind out every goal. I switched back to my own tactic for the Everton game and I'm gonna stick with it until order has been restored.

Would probably echo what TAV2 has said about this tactic; good if you've got great players. First season as Liverpool, I struggled a bit and had a habit of conceding a lot of goals when I did lose. The start of the season was particularly difficult but managed but a good run in the middle third to take me to 5th.

DgaG7Mp.png

Ty87xjr.png

Second season I've upgraded on nearly every starting position and I've been pretty dominant so far

XrrO5UK.png

gNBnSA8.png

That's a lovely squad you have there dude :thup: Are you using Away Solid much?

I am in my second season as Newcastle and doing pretty pretty good. We finished 8th in first season with only one player signed. Made loads of moves in the summer for second season so hoping for top 4 finish.

Half way through Season 2 as NUFC manager and I have a team that can challenge. The tactic works when you have the right level of player needed for each role. Its not a Diablo tactic that gives you cheap wins with players that are not good enough. By Season 4 we should have a squad that can mount a serious assault in Europe too.

2015_11_04_00003.jpg

upload a picture

31 goals for my strike partnership now. Zaza injured for 4 weeks though :(

Archived