Sports Interactive Community
Batman86

FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Best result ever, 1-3 down,left back and left centre-back both having mares so i subbed them both and just added retain possession TI to be a bit more measured with our passing.

q2DtjBJ.png?1

Starting a new game and I need a commanding center back, not looking for potential, I need the finished article.

Any suggestions?

Starting a new game and I need a commanding center back, not looking for potential, I need the finished article.

Any suggestions?

Romagnoli, Rugani, Stones.

End of Season 1

Decided I would go all out I was given a transfer budget of just over 90mil.

Transfers in: Laporte £30M, Pogba £82M, Berardi £31M, Zivkovic 850K Gotze £41M, Felipe Anderson £25M, Higuain £45M, Barbosa £15M & Bentancur £4M Total £215M

Transfers out: Fellani £17.5M, Herrera £19.75M, Blind £23.5M, Rooney £37M, Mata 22.5M, Valdes £1.2M, Valencia £21M & Young £18.25M Total £160.7M

Most of my transfers are on instalments.

So what did my team line up consist of?

Team:

GK: De Gea/Romero

WBR: Darmian/Varela

DCR: Smalling/Jones

DCL: Laporte/Rojo

WBL: Shaw/Borthwick-Jackson

DLP: Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin

RPM: Pogba

WR: Berardi/Zivkovic

AMC: Gotze/Depay

WL: Felipe Anderson/Martial

STC: Higuain/Barbosa

What did that get me? You would of thought I would of won the quadruple well it was tough!

Came 2nd in the league to Man City 7 points behind them. W22, D9 L7 Pts 75 GD 56

FA Cup 4th Round lost to Man City

Capital One Cup 3rd round lost to Arsenal

Champions League WINNERS - Beat Barcelona 3-1!

Once I knew it was going to be tough to win the league I concentrated on winning the Champions League.

On to season 2 have been given a budget of £121M

Minimum expectation - reach final of FA Cup & Champions League, Winners of League and Super Cup League cup not important so will use the reserves for the league cup and hope i win that 2 wins with different first 11 trophy for steam lol

I now have Bale, Hazard & Ronaldo as realistic transfers.

I will just build on this season. Bring some youngsters in and will look at buying a marquee signing at end of august depending on the first few results!

Board just randomly threw £27m transfer monies during January Deadline day :lol:

turns out Mustafi is transfer listed by request for 31.5m :D

2151016323AD0E9CC88484880427DA44BFE747CC

snapped him up Liverpool were showing interest

ED2092F262FD31634AA8BDD4DEA4A3D718FEF63F

full list.. Blind was sold for 23m or something to Arsenal

and those unfamiliar names.. are these players.

142EC7DF26C007D64AE221600915D512E70F3E97

scouts found him, scouted him for a few months to see the potential stars, at £5m cant go wrong really, one of the undiscovered South American gems

43CEF736BD60F903C2AC01F96019FC8CBE50167A

tried to sign him.. west brom wanted silly money, got him on loan with a buy clause.

and Barbosa wants to leave because I left him out of the champions league squad... he has been on loan for 6 freaking months and wants to walk into the side in febuary?

Hoping that's sarcasm about Mammana Scott... he's massively known irl and on game... great player though :thup:

cant get a united save going team just missed loads of chances and concedes soft goals has anyone got any advice like signings staff and a tactics

just steamrolled Crystal Palace

0C0F56B45C5775E803DA29E2918B3482A8526F0F

A87B6902DD439B3CD9F1EE50B56834487F469F7E

this guy is beasting it, his PPM is the reason we won 5-0 :lol: pinpoint passes infront of Depay, who assisted those Rooney goals or scored himself... Depay had 3-4 shots saved before he had even scored :lol:

1 assist in 3 games doesn't really tell the whole story, he assists the assist, before I would have to play a young or a Valencia who run and crosses or shoots, usually getting closed down. Ziyech just pings it first time. job done.

What a comeback, 1-3 down from the 1st leg and we produce this.

PzcOHH9.png?1

4nOCwUB.png?1

They even started the match with the intention of doing nothing but defend.

g33vQPk.png?1

cant get a united save going team just missed loads of chances and concedes soft goals has anyone got any advice like signings staff and a tactics

What do you have so far?

I ended up signing no one so that I could get a feel for the squad as is. Going with a 4-4-2 formation with Mata playing in the M-L position as a Wide Playmaker. He's doing okay so far, 11 aps, 7.75 rating. Rooney plays as a F9 (Depay also plays as the F9 when needed) and has 10 goals in 9 appearances with Martial/Wilson playing as advanced forwards, they lead the line well enough but are not scoring loads

We're 1 point clear in the league after 10 games, though Chelsea have a game in hand at 2nd. 2 points clear in CL group with a gutsy* (*jammy) 0-0 away draw at Barca

I generally make the odd changes to instructions based on what my staff tell me in the backroom meetings. One change I made with my staff was to promote Warren Joyce to a senior coach (Butt is now U21s manager) so that he could be in charge of opposition instructions, tbh I've no idea if this is having a real impact but I think it's helping me set up for matches.

I definitely need a CB though, will have to spend in Jan or the summer.

My favourite signings so far are;

De Vrij CB

Stones CB

Dier CB/DM

Sisto MR/L (Wide Midfielder)

Morata F9 (Goal machine)

Value for money they are the best in a team that includes Zivkovic, Gotze, Embolo, Barbosa & Ronaldo

I also got £50m+ for both Mata & Schneiderlin, almost £50m for Martial too. Wasn't trying to sell any of them but couldn't say no to the daft bids!

Anyone had much success offloading Romero? I've just got Rulli on a free and no longer require him. Even offering well below the value. I seem to have a hard time moving everyone this save, I've sold nearly all my unwanted players for less or equal their value.

starting my game with United tonight

any suggestions on staff? who to get rid off? who to sign?

has anyone used Gonçalo Guedes from Benfica? any good?

Had an absolute Weston this evening! I didn't check my Champions League team after the January Transfer window during the first season and so didn't notice that i only had 1 registered keeper in De Gea.

Anyways after a great season with no serious (week or more) injury DDG gets Tendinitis in his knees and is out for 4 months.

A week later i go to play the 1st game of the 1st Knockout Rounds in the Champions League and have to play Rooney in goal as neither Milinkovic-Savic nor Donnarumma are eligible.

Walked away with a 4-1 win and Rooney got a rating of over 7.5 :thup:

Should I sell Schneiderlin to Bayern for 36M pounds?? Its summer 2016 and I only have him, Bastian and Pogba for the DM role.. Not sure if I should accept the offer and if i do then I need someone to replace him in the squad.

Should I sell Schneiderlin to Bayern for 36M pounds?? Its summer 2016 and I only have him, Bastian and Pogba for the DM role.. Not sure if I should accept the offer and if i do then I need someone to replace him in the squad.

In my save Schneiderlin is up as a candidate to be moved on, I brought Tiago Maia and he's pretty tasty.

Oh I played the 2nd leg in the champions league against Shakhtar Donetsk with Rooney in goal again due to DDG being injured and no other registered keepers. I lost 3-2 with Rooney getting a 5.1 rating and being at fault for 2 of the goals and Shaw conceding an own goal as the 3rd. Looks like ill be out in the next round.

First Season, Champs League semi final 2nd leg against Barca.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_12_45_27.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Martial has scored 40 in 45 for me...

Can you say..... NEW CONTRACT?!

First Season, Champs League semi final 2nd leg against Barca.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_12_45_27.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Martial has scored 40 in 45 for me...

Can you say..... NEW CONTRACT?!

How do you use him, what role? In my first and only season as Manchester United, he had a real tough time in making the grade, even lower in the pecking order than Zach Clough.

Season 1 (under my management) 3 goals and 4 assists with a 6.86 average rating over 18 games. I shipped him out on loan to Lyon in January and played better with 8 goals and 2 assists with a 7.34 average over 16 games.

Season 2 (under AI management) 8 goals and 1 assist with a 6.95 average rating over 25 games. He's improved, but still pretty poor and very rarely gets a look in during league games.

How do you use him, what role? In my first and only season as Manchester United, he had a real tough time in making the grade, even lower in the pecking order than Zach Clough.

Season 1 (under my management) 3 goals and 4 assists with a 6.86 average rating over 18 games. I shipped him out on loan to Lyon in January and played better with 8 goals and 2 assists with a 7.34 average over 16 games.

Season 2 (under AI management) 8 goals and 1 assist with a 6.95 average rating over 25 games. He's improved, but still pretty poor and very rarely gets a look in during league games.

I use him as a Deep Lying Forward with an AMC just behind him. It took him a while, but past October he started smashing them in. I'll post more pics of results from my 1st season now.

Prem 1st season

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_14_41_58.jpg

FA Cup - look at the OG! I nearly fell off my chair. Pure vindication.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_14_12_07.jpg

CL Final - glorious stuff, even with 10 men.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_14_41_04.jpg

Will post transfers for Season 2 when I get going again... :lol:

Hi all. :) I'm at Old Trafford in December 2016 and I would like a backup DL for Shaw. Rojo left the previous summer and Blackett is on loan at Celtic. Daley Blind has had two 4 month injury layoffs with knee tendonitis which might explain why his pace has gone from 11 to 9 making him too slow to be a serious backup to Shaw.

I've bid £8m on Hull's Andrew Robertson and he's agreed a contract and is about to sign unless anyone can suggest a decent backup DL. Not interested in a rival first team player. Budget would be no more than £15m but as it's a backup DL I'd like, preferably no more than £10m. :)

Cheers.

Quality season there Chad2336 - I would also sell Rooney and shows what a difference it can make!

Hey guys I'm currently using a 4-1-2-2-1 which is going well (based on Fuss's tactic from the tactic thread)

Gk

FBs CDd CDd FBs

DMd

CMa CMa

IFs IFs

CFs

Shorter passing, Lower Tempo, Narrow

But has anyone got a more attacking formation they can suggest, preferably one that has the Striker as the focal point of the attack, leading to a 30 goal a season striker

having to play ashley young as my advanced playmaker just behind my striker due to injuries and hes been my best player, wtf's that all about then lol

Half Way Season Report

Transfers:

Transfers.jpg

I like natural players in their positions, so Rose comes in as a 2nd choice LB for Shaw, Nacho whilst naturally a CB is 2nd choice RB for Darmian (couldn't find a decent RB & I was unaware of Mario Fernandes). Matip comes in as was wary of the defence being too soft. Townsend comes in on loan purely because at seasons start I had Young & Valencia out for 2 & 3 months, with Janujaz on loan it left me with only Depay as a 1st team winger so i needed him, and Periera was promoted from the reserves. Deliberatly made the decesion of more or less keeping the whole squad intact this season to let me assess them, the only player I let go of was Lingard.

Results

Results.jpg

Fairly good season to date. Noteable good results include a draw with Liverpool at Anfield on the opening day, a narrow loss away at City when I think we deserved to win, and a draw at Chelsea which we also should have won had Hazard not equalised in the 94th minute. We also beat Juve 4-0 at home in the CL which was unexpected, but frustrating results include being 2-0 up at half time at Spurs only to capitulate in the 2nd half and lose 3-2 & a 3-2 loss away at Soton in a topsy turvy game. At one point we went 8 games without conceding in all competitions which i was pleased with but still a bit disapointed we've conceded 18 in our 20 EPL games so far. In a fairly strong position as of 1st Jan & we have apart from Arsenal we have all the big teams at Old Trafford having already played them away which gives me more confidence.

Competition Performance

League Table:

League_Table.jpg

League Cup: Into Semi Finals VS Everton

ECL: Finished top of my group, into round of 32 VS Leverkusen

PPlayer Performance

Depay, Rooney & Shaw seem my stand out players, with Rooney & Depay being my top scorers with 15 & 10 respectively. Martial still looks like he is finding his feet, the only player who has been disapointing has been Nacho signed from Real Madrid although he is a 2nd chouce. Townsend who I took on loan as an emergency due to injuries started out scoring 4 in his first 4 games, overall 7.03 from 16(5) in all competitions with 5 goals and 3 assists so he has began to tail off lately. Pereira who only came into the team because of injuries has shown a lot of promise with some cracking goals & performances, but he does have lulls in consistency but he has maybe already done enough to warrant a place in the team for next season which means I need to decide what is happening with townsend on loan & also Janujaz coming back & Young & Valencia not really getting a game as this gvies me 6 wingers when i only need 4......

PLayers.jpg

My best starting XI & best subs based on form/performance:

form.jpg

Overall fairly happy. 2nd in the league only to Chelsea on GD with the 2nd best goals scored & conceded records, 2nd best home record & best away record. Still think we can do better than conceding 18 goals in 20 league games but as a general rule of thumb as long as we concede less goals than games played I'm happy. What really would help is if I didn't keep having the most ridiculous injuries which I have posted about here, although perhaps its logical to say that the bigger your squad the more injuries you will have and my squad will need trimmed down in the summer as we are overloaded with midfielders as I want to move to a 4-4-2.

Managed to get my tatic to work apart from the fact we keep missing so many chances just cant get striker to score consistantly and wingers just keep shooting from silly angles even when i say shoot less often

I really wish the defending would get fix... 1-3 up at Man City and suddenly cant string 2 yard passes together, mark or tackle

and Rooney is leading scorer :lol:

Those of you that arent necessarily Manchester United fans (i'm not a fan of any team but just fan of good football) what are your goals with this team? I'm having a rough time finding the team i want to play with so its nice to hear about other peoples goals :)

Managed to get my tatic to work apart from the fact we keep missing so many chances just cant get striker to score consistantly and wingers just keep shooting from silly angles even when i say shoot less often

Are you playing with an "Attacking" mentality? This used to happen to me all the time until i changed to standard or control.

Those of you that arent necessarily Manchester United fans (i'm not a fan of any team but just fan of good football) what are your goals with this team? I'm having a rough time finding the team i want to play with so its nice to hear about other peoples goals :)

Initially it was just goingt to be a top 6 finish. Now I'm top of the league on 1st January by 2 points so looking to win the league or at the very least make the champions league.

Initially it was just goingt to be a top 6 finish. Now I'm top of the league on 1st January by 2 points so looking to win the league or at the very least make the champions league.

But are your future plans something like being better than Alex Ferguson? Biggest team in the world?

My goal was to bring us back to the top of European football. I ended up winning the league (unbeaten), winning the Champions League and FA Cup. After that season I was happy with what I'd achieved, so I moved on to a new club (Rangers).

being better than Alex Ferguson?

Always!

Also just started the second season and due to finishing 5th in my 1st season i sold Mata after he complained about wanting Champions League Football. Got £36.5M for him and brought Odegaard for £16M to be my future AMC (SS). He's rotating with Herrera at the moment and with Tielemans, Maia and Hou Saeter he's the future of my midfield.

I also brought Pogba for £90M to be the general in midfield with Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger. Finally I brought Sule for £53M who has been a beast in defence.

Switched to a 4-2-3-1 with Martial spearheading the attack (sold Rooney to Real Madrid to allow Wilson, Jovic and Clough to grow) and he's on 15 goals and 3 assist in 13 games before getting a dislocated shoulder.

Being honest i'm pretty torn between playing as United and City. Playing as City i would like to beat Uniteds records and become bigger than Ferguson but IMHO City almost has the "perfect" team. United has more positions to improve (again IMHO) and after the downfall they had IRL the last few years i feel bad for them because of their lagacy. Well guess i can try to beat Ferguson records with his "own" team ;)

LVG is boring me to death with his "philosophy", so I thought why not try me own take on Keegan-ball (the "you score 3 we'll score 5" approach) and see how many trophies that rakes in.

Here's my 2 season update of my first save, with my team, United.

First season was an absolute shocker - didn't have FM15 and FM16 seems to be so much more challenging to what I'm used to.

Competition Results

Premier League - 4th

Champions League - Group Stage (4th!)

FA Cup - Runner-up (to Hull)

League Cup - 3rd Round (to Bournemouth)

My Transfers 2015-16

Tf1QYDJ.png

Premiership Table

O8LpgNE.png

Arsene Wenger went on to retire having finally got that elusive Premiership trophy. José Mourinho was fired from Chelsea around about the same point of the season as he was in real life... Maybe Arsenal can do it in real life too?

Champions League - My Group

ktleuao.png

Having a mare. Sporting Lisbon(!) went on to win the competition! They knocked out Roma (6-6 agg. on away goals), Atletico Madrid (2-1 agg.), Chelsea (6-1 agg.), Juventus (final, 1-1 win on penalties). Jorge Jesus the manager then joined Arsenal after Wenger retired. Other shock of the competition was Real Madrid came 3rd in their group, then won the Europa League.

2016-17 SEASON

Brought in new players and created a new tactic, my 2015/16 ones obviously weren't doing the trick.

My Transfers

N4UGDGg.png

Went wild with all the money I was given.

OUT

Fellaini sold £13m.

Rojo sold £12m.

Juan Mata sold £43m, PSG enquired and I saw Ozil was somehow available so chose Ozil, maybe could've got more for Mata. Weirdly, not due to any injuries, PSG only played Mata 10 times in the league the whole season.

IN

Mesut Ozil - £35m

Laporte - £35.5m

Pogba - £88m

Lukaku - £38m

Javi Martinez £34m

And some newgens.

Next season I'm not going to go so crazy and not do money over time, don't want to ruin my save by just buying everyone.

Competitions

xIht1n0.png

It was thrilling stuff on the last day of the season in the Premier League. I was dominating the league but a few bad results caused an absolute implosion with my team and me, Arsenal and Tottenham (who had come out of nowhere) were all tied on 72 points, I was leading on goal difference by about 5 goals over Arsenal. And you can see how it ended... If it weren't for a leg break at the end of January on Gonzalo Higuaín who was Prem leading goalscorer at the time, I definitely think I would've won the Prem and beaten Spurs in the CL. Though Lukaku did take over the mantle and ended up Prem top goalscorer - 22 goals in 24(7)! Higuaín remained CL top goalscorer with 9 goals in 7 games, and had 13 goals in 18(2) in the league and 22 in 26(2) overall. Ozil was top assists in CL with 7, and 2nd in Prem with 13.

In the Champions League, with my shocking performance in 2015/16 season, my co-efficients obviously took a hit and I became a 3rd seed! Was given a group of death with Juventus and Barcelona!

0tF4utS.png

Huge! I drew Tottenham in the Quarter Finals. I drew 2-2 at home, and 1-1 away. Leading to my CL exit, and also the implosion of my team in all other competitions.

Tottenham are the bane of my FM existence. They are destroying everything this season, they're CL finalists, FA Cup finalists and Prem runners up. To put them in their place they're going to be seeing their resolve to keep Christian Eriksen, tested this summer. He is amazing, and he has brilliant attributes considering he's also Either footed.

These are the other results in the Champions League

n3RFouV.png

Sorry for the massive post! Crazy second season, need to tweak my current tactic, my CBs underperform consistently (does anyone else have Laporte bricking himself every game?). Going to create a new one too. I have a £101m transfer budget, and now a £44m bid for Eriksen accepted. :)

Decisions to make! Big offers have come in for Schneiderlin and Januzaj which you'd normally snap their hands off but I only have 45% of transfer revenue made available and would leave my squad depth quite thin (particularly with Morgs).

Morgan Schneiderlin - £50m to PSG.

Adnan Januzaj - £40m to Tottenham (also £35m from Monaco, but accepted that then tried for 40 from Spurs and they agreed so cancelled the other bid).

I now have Ozil, Eriksen, Pastore, Herrera and Januzaj. My main tactic is a 41131 with 3 central AMs. I am going to make a 4321 with 2 AMCs. I think I will sell Adnan?

Now with Schneiderlin, I have Javi Martinez, Bastian Schweini, Pogba and Phil Jones if I have to play him - I'd rather try and sell. Performances only average around 7.00. But I will be short on MCs, especially if I create a 4321 which I want 3 MCs. And I need a ball winning specialist. And I only have £50m and I want to buy at least one CB.

What do? I think I will sell Adnan and then delay Schneiderlin and hope the sale of Januzaj will lead to the board giving me more revenue %?

Season Two:

Having won both the Prem and CL in the first season, it was very much a case of trying to do as well as possible in season two. Well, we went and did it all again, with another good performance in the league and playing very well in Europe, although we were seriously fortunate to edge past Bayern in the final, having just 4 shots, scoring 3 (two pens and a free kick)... The transfer news was light, with a number of youngsters bought along with Laporte, who I'm not totally convinced by. The big news was Mata leaving - I couldn't turn that offer down and when Ozil transfer listed himself in January, it started looking like a great deal. He still needs to fit into our system, but it's a good swap. The best performances came from the same guys as last year: Pogba won every award going, Martial top-scored and Shaw and Memphis proved the best partnership in the league. We went out pretty early in both cups, with replays in the FA Cup really taking their toll.

Barclays%20Premier%20League_%20Overview%20Stages-2_zpsvdem7jyv.png

Transfers:

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History-2_zpslwakrnzm.png

Martial:

Anthony%20Martial_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpsamatj20j.png

Fixtures:

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-5_zpse9bnsd3c.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-7_zpsyn1muu2a.png

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures-8_zpsb0h7aioe.png

Young Players:

My aim is still to bring a few more of the youngsters through and a number are really coming on. Januzaj brings loads more creativity to the side when he plays, whilst Gribbin and Fosu-Mensah have massively improved.

Timothy%20Fosu-Mensah_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpsuddrqc2v.png

Callum%20Gribbin_%20Overview%20Attributes_zpsk3bipuvs.png

Decisions to make! Big offers have come in for Schneiderlin and Januzaj which you'd normally snap their hands off but I only have 45% of transfer revenue made available and would leave my squad depth quite thin (particularly with Morgs).

Morgan Schneiderlin - £50m to PSG.

Adnan Januzaj - £40m to Tottenham (also £35m from Monaco, but accepted that then tried for 40 from Spurs and they agreed so cancelled the other bid).

I now have Ozil, Eriksen, Pastore, Herrera and Januzaj. My main tactic is a 41131 with 3 central AMs. I am going to make a 4321 with 2 AMCs. I think I will sell Adnan?

Now with Schneiderlin, I have Javi Martinez, Bastian Schweini, Pogba and Phil Jones if I have to play him - I'd rather try and sell. Performances only average around 7.00. But I will be short on MCs, especially if I create a 4321 which I want 3 MCs. And I need a ball winning specialist. And I only have £50m and I want to buy at least one CB.

What do? I think I will sell Adnan and then delay Schneiderlin and hope the sale of Januzaj will lead to the board giving me more revenue %?

Of the two, I'd definitely sell Schneiderlin. I quite like Januzaj, but there are loads of class AMs in the game that you could replace him with.

b101, Ozil for £17.75m, what a buy! Regarding Laporte - I'm the same. Except I'm practically throwing in the towel with him. Unless I get a big money offer, he'll be a backup unless I can adjust my tactics to get the best out of him. I've got a £92m release clause bid in on Varane, but he really doesn't want to leave so I'll go all out on his contract and hope.

Yeah, I like Januzaj and any other game I'd keep him - he tore it up for me on FM14 and became best player in the world iirc. Just my team is flooded with AMs now - Ozil, Eriksen, Herrera, Pastore and De Bruyne wants to leave City for CL football... I'd love to get him too but his fee is huge and I need defensive players.

Decided to sell Januzaj for £40m, sadly only got £18.5m of the fee for my transfer budget. Also sold Smalling to Spurs (hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me) for just £15m, but he wasn't playing and wanted to leave and I was hoping for the board to adjust my revenue % before Schneiderlin goes. I've delayed twice. I think I will sell and perhaps if I'm desperate I'll break my 'only money up front' purchasing rule.

EDIT: Well, I must have missed the news item - Schneiderlin is still at the club with no offer in sight... Woops! Ah well, perhaps next season.

[video=youtube_share;9vynpNYrzSY]

only in FM would players ping the ball about like this with pin point accuracy