Sports Interactive Community
Batman86

FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Iv'e just started my annual United save,

Started completely ***** tbh :(

Poor league form, followed by a draw at home to Kiev then a 1-0 defeat to Bayern in my first 2 champs league games found me in the boardroom to discuss my future, got told I needed a result away at Arsenal in the next game or I was gone, super sub Wilson grabbed 2 and an assist to get me the 3 points and kept me my job!

I started to late in the night and pretty much waxed all my budget on Kane and Barkley,

Going to start again when I get home from work today with a clear head,

Good to see a busy United thread anyway to keep me sane :)

anyone going back to basics with a 4-4-2 ?

don't like the 1 up top formations want a partnership and 2 wide mids/wingers

Tempted, actually trying to find websites that do a good in-depth tactical analysis of Sir Alex's tactics. Unfortunately, there isn't any, because the media and analysts appear to have convinced themselves he was crap at that and just motivated everyone to win. -_-

I think I'm going to resort to the 4-4-1-1 this year. I don't like the 4-2-3-1, it isn't defensively solid enough for me, though it's cool how people get 25-0 results every day with United using it, I find it is usually the other way round for me. At the same time, I don't want to play 4-5-1 like I did in FM15, I want to actually use the AM role this year! :)

I was looking at making a 4-4-2 as well,

I've gone off 4-2-3-1 lately, everyone seems to play it...On FM, IRL most of the top sides use it..The team I coach on a Saturday even uses it! Need a break so 4-4-2 sounds good! lol

Iv'e just started my annual United save,

Started completely ***** tbh :(

Poor league form, followed by a draw at home to Kiev then a 1-0 defeat to Bayern in my first 2 champs league games found me in the boardroom to discuss my future, got told I needed a result away at Arsenal in the next game or I was gone, super sub Wilson grabbed 2 and an assist to get me the 3 points and kept me my job!

I started to late in the night and pretty much waxed all my budget on Kane and Barkley,

Going to start again when I get home from work today with a clear head,

Good to see a busy United thread anyway to keep me sane :)

My trip to boardroom is almost becoming a monthly occurrence. Made it to March and have now been told I need 11 points in the next 5 games or I'm cut. Started with a win, so just 8 in 4 now!

Saying that, feel like I'm constantly fire fighting. This is the third time I have needed to win the next game or get a run of results to stave off the sack. I get it and then throw it away! Wondering if it might just be easier to start again, clean slate, better use of the transfer funds and a clear idea of tactics that might work! Maybe I'll lose two of the next four games and the choice will be out of my hands!

I've had trouble too. Finished third in the league (abeit only 2 points off winning it) and out the champions league at the group stages and fa cup in the semis. Needed a good start, and ive smashed it. Currently joint top in second season after 12 games. Beat Chelsea and Liverpool away :D but then lose to the likes of Watford at home :(

Really struggling in the champions league in a group of death with Athletico and Bayern... Once again i wont make it through, only got 2 points after 4 games hahaha

If you get chance, buy Son from Spurs. Versatile - is a natural as an AMR/L and MR/L and can also comfortably play up front. I've played him as an MR and he's been exceptional. 5 goals and 5 assists in 11 starts with an average rating of 7.91. Reason I bought him is that every time I would play Spurs he would destroy me every time, it became very frustrating. His physical attributes are excellent, has excellent finishing and as a winger is a constant threat. Great player, also provides a revenue boost thanks to shirt sales in Korea!

8 League games left to play in my 2nd season in charge of United. Leading the league by 3 points. Have Dortmund in the CL Quarter Finals, but am out of both cups. Season going well. Strongest XI is:

------------------------------De Gea-----------------------------

--Darmian---------Jones--------------Laporte---------Shaw---

---------------------Pogba------------Schneiderlin---------------

--Son----------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------Rooney--------------------Memphis--

------------------------------Dybala----------------------------------

Oh my. Just agreed an initial £53m rising to £75m deal for Neymar. Joining him will also be Turkish technical maestro Hakan Calhanoghlu who's joining for £7.5m up-front with £20m over 48 months. Two world class attacking players joining the club in the summer and £95m still to spend. Yes please.

------Son--------Calhanoglu--------Neymar------

--------------------Dybala--------------------------

with Memphis, Martial, Mata and Rooney in the squad looks incredible.

Also just beat Bayern 3-0 in the first leg of the CL Semi final. Going well.

Trying to sell Rooney and Rojo this season but for some reason no one wants Rojo and Rooney is rejecting every team that offers him a contract :( guess I'm stuck with them another season. On a bright note though I did get Oliver in and Dybala (Dybala cost me 73m but in 4 games he already scored 13 times included 3 in a 5-0 win vs arsenal so can't complain). Do notice I seem to lack some depth in defence and central midfield.

f9ad6efa5ae0510d7efab64d35c9b6b7.png

So far my most dominating result against a top team, Phil Jones did end up getting send off in the 51st minute after wich I changed my tactics a bit and managed to score 4 more goals. Also happy I sold Blind to Arsenal since he was their worst player on the field

So far I think Dybala, Depay and Martial can be beasts in this game. Haven't gotten Rooney who I'm still stuck with to perform and decided to loan out Wilson since he wasen't very consistent for me.

Just had to share this...

Man%20Utd%20v%20R.%20Madrid_%20Overview%20Overview_zpszvluu0ur.png

Having lost the away leg 3-1 I wasn't too optimistic about my chances, fair to say the boys proved me wrong. Martial was the key, replaced Felipe Anderson after 60 minutes and completely changed the game, got 4 assists. One of the best, if not the best, results I've ever had especially considering I'm still in the first season so not a top class squad.

In the prem I'm top of the table at the moment, 7 points ahead of City with a game in hand. 25 wins, 3 draws, 1 defeat so far, so doing very well. Depay has been excellent as a striker (CF/S or DLF/S) for me, 32 goals and 12 assist in 39 appearances.

A draw away at Swansea in the penultimate game of the season cost me the league title in my second year in charge of United. Chelsea ended up pipping me by 1 point, so winning that game against the Swans would have won me the league. We bounced back quickly though, a 7-0 win over Southampton was followed by a win in the Champions League Final, eventually defeating Napoli 6-2. Didn't come easy though, with 76 mins on the clock we were 2-0. A superb free-kick from Mata brought us back to 2-1 and from there it was the Adnan Januzaj show. He levelled things up on 89 minutes with a superb curled effort before sealing the deal setting up Shaw in extra time to make it 3-2 before adding two more goals himself (one was ruled a Reina own goal, but it was Adnan's goal). So 3 goals and 2 assists for Januzaj, a truely inspired match-winning performance.

Son was the star player of the season. Despite only joining in January he was electric. Led the club in terms of POTM awards, won Footballer of the Year, Fans' Player of the Year and was just an all-round god. 13 goals and 11 assists in the league with 8 POTM awards in 15 games. Insane player. To think the fans were dubious when I brought him in too. Money very well spent.

The summer transfer window saw many changes. Out went Valdes, Yarmolenko (£25.5m), Schneiderlin (£45.5m), Mata (£35m) and Lingard (£3.7m) and in came:

Neymar - £75m

Stones - £40m

Donnarumma - £15m

Calhanoglu - £27.5m

Verratti - £66m

De Sciglio - £20m

Celik (Regen) - £5m

A lot of money to spend but a lot of it is over 48 months so not a massive amount of initial outlay but some world-class talent brought in. With Valdes leaving Donnarumma fits the bill as back-up goalkeeper, the defence is strengthened with the additions of Stones and the versatile De Sciglio, Verratti replaces Schneiderlin, Calhanoglu replaces Mata and Neymar comes in because he's immense. With those changes made, my strongest XI is:

---------------------De Gea------------------------

---Darmian----Stones----Jones-------Shaw---------

-----------------Pogba----Verratti---------------------

--Son----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Calhanoglu----------Neymar---------

---------------------Dybala------------------------------

Beast of a team with Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Laporte, Rojo, Tielemans, Valencia, Januzaj, Herrera, Memphis, Rooney, Martial and Wilson as back-up squad players. We're looking incredibly strong going into my 3rd season. Very pleased with that line-up.

How are you guys doing so well on this years game cause i'm sucking the big hairy meatball this year. I mean i'm no tactical genius but on FM12 I had a decent 4-4-2, and on FM13 I had a 4-2-3-1 that took my Everton team to Champions League glory and i subsequently used varients of the tactic on FM14 and 15 but i'm getting nothing on this years game.

My striker always seems to be stranded on his own,

My wide players are extremely hit and miss,

My AMC is as useful as Massimo Taibi - he either gets bypassed or is just dismal

and finally I always get outplayed when I'm away from home and I barely scrap wins when i'm at home

Can you guys that are doing well with Man U tell me (or the rest of us) how you do it? I can't get it to work, I've decided to start from scratch (do NOT buy Harry Kane, he is dreadful), but after all that I've been through (beat Arsenal, then lose 5-2 to West Brom, no idea why, the usual FM's 'something is wrong, but I'm not telling you what'), I could use some advice :D

How are you guys doing so well on this years game cause i'm sucking the big hairy meatball this year. I mean i'm no tactical genius but on FM12 I had a decent 4-4-2, and on FM13 I had a 4-2-3-1 that took my Everton team to Champions League glory and i subsequently used varients of the tactic on FM14 and 15 but i'm getting nothing on this years game.

My striker always seems to be stranded on his own,

My wide players are extremely hit and miss,

My AMC is as useful as Massimo Taibi - he either gets bypassed or is just dismal

and finally I always get outplayed when I'm away from home and I barely scrap wins when i'm at home

This is exactly my experience, and I mean exactly.

This is exactly my experience, and I mean exactly.

Its irritating and i've put it here because if its in the tactics forum you just get told it's your tactics and i already know that but reading other blogs and post about tactics doesnt overly help me

my only issue is the random, defenders not bothering to do anything while a striker runs with the ball from the halfway line, i mean they just don't tackle, they just seemingly dance with him as he runs past..

For my tactic I've used a few simple things that have worked a treat:

Cut down on Team Instructions - keep it simple. On last years game tactics could easily handle loads of instructions, on this game it works best to keep it simple

Don't use complete wing backs - WB(A) works well this year

Use a MR as a W(A) - whether it's Son, Valencia or Januzaj all 3 have been dynamite in this position. Seems to work incredibly well with an IF on the other side (Memphis)

Play Control as the default mentality, use Counter against the big teams away, switch to Counter if you're struggling against a big team at home

Another tip. Buy Son Heung-Min from Spurs. Trust me. Best player I've had on this years game by a mile. He's immense. Don't waste the money on Kane, spend it on Son and use him as an MR W(A). Thank me later.

Can anyone recommend a top class CB to sign on this FM i have 40 million to spend and im getting close to january in my first season

A. Laporte

Yeah I have Laporte, he's excellent. John Stones another good shout too. Can't really go wrong with Jones and Rojo though I've found.

Just in November 2018, and I'm already planning my summer transfer activity.

Bastian Schweinsteiger and Andreas Iniesta will both definitely leave the club on free transfers. Antoine Griezmann, even though he's a class player, will make way as I want to bring in Neymar.

Got some excellent young players who are developing really well, so I will post the screenshots shortly.

Robson Wynter - A Youth Academy prospect.

2dayk3a.jpg

Fabian Gadinger - Bought from Stuttgart for an initial fee of £6.75m. Scored on his debut in the Capital One Cup.

2hhk9c5.jpg

Ivan Plavsic - Bought from Barcelona for an initial fee of £6.5m. I'm pretty certain that this guy is going to be a monster and become even better than another Serbian was for Manchester United.

2jbgo4.jpg

For my tactic I've used a few simple things that have worked a treat:

Cut down on Team Instructions - keep it simple. On last years game tactics could easily handle loads of instructions, on this game it works best to keep it simple

Don't use complete wing backs - WB(A) works well this year

Use a MR as a W(A) - whether it's Son, Valencia or Januzaj all 3 have been dynamite in this position. Seems to work incredibly well with an IF on the other side (Memphis)

Play Control as the default mentality, use Counter against the big teams away, switch to Counter if you're struggling against a big team at home

Another tip. Buy Son Heung-Min from Spurs. Trust me. Best player I've had on this years game by a mile. He's immense. Don't waste the money on Kane, spend it on Son and use him as an MR W(A). Thank me later.

I'd second most of this, I was having the same issues (big wins but random losses at home, ineffective AMC).

- I took away all but 3 instructions - Play out of defence, Run at Defence, Slightly Wider

- Changed mentality to Control

- Moved my AMC forward and have a CF(S) and AF(A)

- Changed my Midfield to AP(A) DLP(D) (Both CM)

- Changed 1CB to St to cover the gap to midfield

- I have IF(A) left and IF(S) right with an attacking player (Memphis/Martial) left and a more creative (Mata/Gribbin) Right

- I do still use CWB(A) on the right and it works really well

This has worked really well - currently 9 points clear 2nd season and just beat Real in the Champs League Quarters, Memphis has been amazing - 27 goals so far after missing some time with injury, Martial, Wilson, Embolo, Gabriel Barbosa and Luis Henrique all have 10 or more too.

If its not working at 45 mins I change one of my strikers (or maybe leave to 60 mins) and go to Attacking and it usually has an impact.

All my defenders average over 7.4 (Laporte 7.80), Pogba Nearly 8.0 as AP(A)

Only position I can't get consistent is the DLP(D) Herrera and Schnederlin aren't suitable due to their PPMs and Ruben Neves is still developing - might have to mould him with specific PPMs to make it work. Might also be that this guy is a little exposed but my defensive record is pretty good.

Schneiderlin (and Herrera actually) work great as a CM(D) in my formation. Have switched to a DLP (S) since adding Verratti, but when I had Schneiderlin he worked very nicely as a CM(D).

Can you guys that are doing well with Man U tell me (or the rest of us) how you do it? I can't get it to work, I've decided to start from scratch (do NOT buy Harry Kane, he is dreadful), but after all that I've been through (beat Arsenal, then lose 5-2 to West Brom, no idea why, the usual FM's 'something is wrong, but I'm not telling you what'), I could use some advice :D

I could probably write a five page essay on what I do, but this is my tactical approach in a nutshell:

-Counter/fluid pretty much always, with the exception of chasing a game or hanging on to a lead

-Adjusting TI's match by match depending how the opposition plays, faster and more direct if they press high, slower and shorter if they drop deep

-Aim to have an extra man in defense (preferably a cb) to avoid opposition creating overloads in central areas, using specific man-marking if necessary

A reactive and defense-first type of approach basically, but always gets high board confidence on attacking football.

It's taken me a while but it's finally clicked.

Season 1: Signed Volland as the team was lacking a quality right winger. Rooney often played up front, wide right (supporting winger) or in the whole. Mata largely in the whole, and Martial up top when I could. Depay wide left as an inside forward with fairly mediocre results (season average 7.07). Failed to qualify for the CL, and then made a huge mess of the end of the season to fail to make next season's CL

Season 2: Went a bit mad in the transfer market, spending £180m on Pogba, Sigurdsson, Rolan, Embolo, Kampl and Vida essentially leaving me with four right sided players. Sold Schneiderlin and Herrera for a combined £97m inc. add ons. Crazy, I know. Got rid of Rooney to Chelsea. Still not good in the league. First win games five matches in, was always playing catch up and still didn't make the CL.

Season 3: Team became a bit more levelled. Got rid of Mata, got Barkley and Gotze (free), brought Bale in in January for £50m. Came closer to the title this time but just left myself too much to do, came third.

Season 4: Bought Javi Maritinez cheap to bolster the squad and then Laporte for £50m in January to add some class to the defence. Got battered 5-0 at Everton on the opening day then won nine on the bounce, then lost two in a row and have now won 11 on the bounce. Beat Celtic 7-0 and Real Madrid 4-1 in the group stage but came second. Currently on 71 goals from 22 games, seven points clear of Chelsea at the top.

It's interesting for United this time as they've got Depay and Martial, two players who probably have the highest PA on the game. You've also got money to invest heavily. My strongest squad at the moment is something like:

DDG, Darmian, Jones, Laporte, Shaw, Pogba, Barkley, Bale, Gotze, Depay, Martial.

Martinez, Coentrao, Thiago Maia, Januzaj, Sigurdsson, Volland [unreal regen].

Depay's also a strange one. He's rightly wanted more game time but simply couldn't displace Bale on the left. I didn't like playing two inside forwards as it lacks width. Now I don't even use one. I've started playing Depay on the right as a winger with Bale on the left and the results are incredible.

This season, playing as AML, Depay's 7.50 from 8 games. Playing as AMR he's 8.59 from 8 games. The transformation has been amazing. From 14 games in the league he's on seven goals and 11 assists with three POTMs.

Matteo Darmian has just won the 2018 FIFA Ballon d'Or. Talk about a surprise! He's no longer automatic first choice RB for me, as I have Bellerin competing with him. He did win the World Cup with Italy the previous summer, so obviously that has played a part.

Antoine Griezmann and Anthony Martial came 2nd and 3rd respectively.

I can't count the number of times I've rage-quit this past month. Not just given up on this version, but reinstalled FM15! Then, a couple of days ago, I re-read Mancunian Red United's tactics post (#257 above) and thought, if it works for him, I'll give it a go.

A decent pre-season, including three wins and two draws (a 2-2 draw away to Ajax) and a good season opener that saw us draw 2-2 away to Arsenal, gave me hope. That vast number of TI's is more than I like (I normally prefer three or four), but the hunger for a win overcame my sense of tactical purity and here we are, December 4, sitting top of the Premier League, top of our Champions League group (which includes PSG and Sporting) and facing a Capital One cup semi against Chelsea. By any measure, a bloody good first-half (ish) to the season, so to Mr MRU, thank you, thank you, thank you!

The fly in the ointment is our away form. If I could crack that, I'd be happy as a pig in the proverbial. All of which to say, if you're struggling with United give Manc Red's setup a try.

And in anticipation of the inevitable questions, I sold Rooney*, bought Barbosa - who immediately got injured for three months, so Depay and Martial have rotated the striker's role. Mata and Schweinsteiger have been okay-ish but no better and are destined to be sold, and Carrick and Herrera have been impressive in the two centre-mid roles (DLP-S and AP-S, respectively) - first time I've had decent performances from either of them! Young is also one of my standout players playing either AML-IFa or AMR-Ws.

*For four consecutive months I've been getting it in the neck from board and fans for selling Rooney to Arsenal. This is what they're missing: Played 17, four goals, one assist, average rating 6.6. Depay and Martial between them have started 24, scored 21, average rating 7.55 and 7.25, respectively. I'm happy with that!

I can't count the number of times I've rage-quit this past month. Not just given up on this version, but reinstalled FM15! Then, a couple of days ago, I re-read Mancunian Red United's tactics post (#257 above) and thought, if it works for him, I'll give it a go.

A decent pre-season, including three wins and two draws (a 2-2 draw away to Ajax) and a good season opener that saw us draw 2-2 away to Arsenal, gave me hope. That vast number of TI's is more than I like (I normally prefer three or four), but the hunger for a win overcame my sense of tactical purity and here we are, December 4, sitting top of the Premier League, top of our Champions League group (which includes PSG and Sporting) and facing a Capital One cup semi against Chelsea. By any measure, a bloody good first-half (ish) to the season, so to Mr MRU, thank you, thank you, thank you!

The fly in the ointment is our away form. If I could crack that, I'd be happy as a pig in the proverbial. All of which to say, if you're struggling with United give Manc Red's setup a try.

And in anticipation of the inevitable questions, I sold Rooney*, bought Barbosa - who immediately got injured for three months, so Depay and Martial have rotated the striker's role. Mata and Schweinsteiger have been okay-ish but no better and are destined to be sold, and Carrick and Herrera have been impressive in the two centre-mid roles (DLP-S and AP-S, respectively) - first time I've had decent performances from either of them! Young is also one of my standout players playing either AML-IFa or AMR-Ws.

*For four consecutive months I've been getting it in the neck from board and fans for selling Rooney to Arsenal. This is what they're missing: Played 17, four goals, one assist, average rating 6.6. Depay and Martial between them have started 24, scored 21, average rating 7.55 and 7.25, respectively. I'm happy with that!

Many thanks for the praise, mate. It's very much appreciated! I'm glad things are looking up for you in the game. Would just like to touch upon the away form issue - if, like me, you have your mentality set to 'control' in most games, maybe set it to 'standard' for away games and see how that goes.

I've just started my fourth season at United. I had a poor start to season two which saw me sacked so I retired and re-set myself up as manager as I didn't want to lose the work I had already done. However like many here I was having issues with consistency one game I'd beat a top four team the next I'd lose to the bottom club. I went away and I think I have found a tactic that has been greatly successful both home and away and has led to two league wins, two Champions league wins, an FA Cup and the Club world cup as well as a 42 game unbeaten streak in the league.

My set up is as follows:

Player Instructions

GK - Defend - Fewer Risky Passes - Distribute to Centre Backs - Roll it Out

DR - Full Back Automatic - Shoot less often - Close Down More - Fewer Risky Passes - Cross Aim Far Post

DL - Full Back Automatic - Shoot less often - Close Down More - Fewer Risky Passes - Cross Aim Far Post

DC (Right Side) - Central Defender Cover - Mark Tighter - Hold Position - Shoot less often - Dribble less - Fewer risky passes

DC (Left Side) - Central Defender Defend - Close Down More - Shoot less often - Dribble less - Fewer risky passes - Hold position

DMC - DLP Defend - Shoot less often - More Risky Passes - Hold Position

MC (Right Side) - Advanced Playmaker Support - Dribble less - Tackle Harder - Shoot less often - More Risky Passes

MC (Left Side) - Advanced Playmaker Attack - Tackle Harder - Get Further Forward - More Direct Passes - Shoot Less Often - Dribble More - More Risky Passes

AMR - Winger Attack - Tackle Harder - Cross Aim Far Post - Dribble More - Run Wide with Ball - Cross More Often - Cross From Byline - Get Further Forward - Stay Wider

AML - Inside Forward Attack - Cross Aim Far Post - Dribble More - Cut inside With Ball - Cross less often - Get Further Forward

FC - Complete Forward Attack - Shoot More Often - Pass it Shorter - Hold up ball - Dribble More - More risky passes - Get Further Forward - Move into Channels - Roam from positions

TI -Higher Tempo - Fairly Wide - Higher defensive line - Play offside - Closing Down More - Get Stuck in - Play out of defence - Shorter Passing - Control

Since switching to this set up I have had far more success in two and a half seasons I am unbeaten at home and have lost twice away in the league.

Hope this can be of some help to others.

Ever since I changed from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1 I'm doing amazing. I had a very good season in my first season after getting lucky and winning the CL as well as the title. Now in season 2 my team is slowly starting to look like a powerhouse, especially with the addition of Dybala (just a pitty he can't play in the CL since I brought him in during the january transfer window). I Dominated the league this year, last few games didn't go to well but I was pretty much rotating heavily to give my u21 players a chance to get some experience in as well since I already clinched the tittle in round 33. Also won the world cup for club teams ofcourse even though I think Rooney missed 2 penalties in the finals (Rooney really in this game for me and I can't seem to get rid of him either). Also reached the finals of the FA cup (only had to play 2 prem teams so lucky draws again) but unfortunatly lost after penalties to man city.

Results in the prem:

6169b12339f24e7fe52025812199b117.png

6c56389fe4e53e8b9e85cc8785bc5447.png

30743bbe13d60297c3118426ada2adc6.png

FA cup:

f678cf2d497572dcdc938fdfde241edf.png

Did lose in the capital one cup but couldn't care less about that cup. Uefa super Cup and Community shield I also won but Don't really care about those two either.

Had a somewhat hard group draw in the CL. Legia Warshaw, FC Barcelona and Internazionale. Managed to go through by winning both games against Legia and getting a draw and win against Inter although I lost both games to Barca. Ended up 2nd in the group wich gave me a great draw against Leverkussen who I beat once and a draw in the other game. Then played PSG, lost 1-2 away but won 1-0 at home to go through because of away goals (way to close for comfort). On the sidenote the transfers this season by PSG seem to be a lot more sensible then I remember from last years game at least, I still remember them buying 5 left backs in one season in one of my saves for no apparant reason, at least this time they seem to spend money on positions that they needed to reinforce. Then a lucky draw again, I could have gone up against Bayern or Man City but managed to draw arsenal for the semi's who I easily beat (3-2 and 3-0). Also glad Barca got knocked out early wich I didn't expect since I lost both games to them. Had 3 English teams in the Semi finals of the CL wich was quite a suprise. In the finals I was up against Bayern wich I concidered a sort of clash of titans but managed to win 2-1 after going down 0-1.

5f6b8961494de0deb9a645a5764fbc00.png

5dc6e49d84b7845e32a0063a2017ea84.png

Aye its all over 48 months lol. Not normally how i play the game but because its still the beta im not treating this as a long term save.

Why not pay it over 48 months? The AI will try to pay it over as long as possible too.

Just managed to sell Schneiderlin for 75m in the 3rd season.... to PSG ofcourse. And on top of that Also sold Mata for 62m to PSG as well in my 3rd season (prices for players are kind of inflated after winning the CL still it seems)

Got Tielemans on nearly the same level as Schneiderlin already so he can step in there, and Eriksen with a little room still to grow already replaced Mata in my starting 11 now.

so my team now looks like this:

---------------------De Gea------------------------

---Darmian----Marquinhos-----Dier------Jorge---------

-----------------Pogba----Tielemans---------------------

-----Barbosa--------Eriksen----------Depay---------

---------------------Dybala------------------------------

I will be looking for a backup for Darmian though since I also decided to sell Sime Vrsaljko. I think my depth for most other positions is fine with Meyer, Zivkovic, Martial and Januzaj as possible attacking midfield options (and Rooney I guess as well since I can't get rid of him). I have 2 good regens for central defence in the future so for now I'll have to do with Rojo, Smalling and Mammana as backups. I still wish Man city wouldn't have beaten me to Stones though.....

Many thanks for the praise, mate. It's very much appreciated

No, no... thank you! Went to see Deep Purple and Rival Sons at the London 02 last night (v. good) so wasn't online. Still struggling with away form - I've tried dropping down to standard, and even counter, mentality with mixed results. Lost away to Newcastle 1-2 in the Prem, and scraped an ugly 0-0 away at Bournemouth. Managed a creditable 0-0 at Chelsea in the FA Cup, but then lost the home replay on penalties. Which was annoying after beating them home and away in the Capital One semi (Man City await).

The home-away split becomes more obvious when you look at the simple stats:

Home P13 W11 D2 L0 F28 A5

Away P13 W5 D4 L4 F15 A16

Anyone got any advice on how to get rid of Rooney. He got disgruntled after he was no longer my first choice at ST or AMC, so I tried to sell him. But he keeps refusing everyone and says he wants to stay with Man U, even though he skips practice every week (I'm fining him 2 weeks wages every week so far because of that). I demoted him to the under 18's , removed him from the match registration and removed his captaincy as well. I'm willing to even let him go for nothing the thing is he keeps rejecting every other team, Everton, PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Athletico Madrid for example. Mutual release on his contract also failed and if I normally release him it's gonna cost me 31 mil.....

Maybe you shld try to get him happy and offer him abit of game time. Then sell him, he still is pretty useful..

In my second season, we've won the league in April. Can't remember winning the EPL with 5 matches left before. And in the UCL quarter final I'm playing Man City at Old Trafford after beating them at their place already. Finally getting the hang of FM16!

9F0956B9D29E9178F68E09F6028B1BF8A30AADAF

Just finished Season 21/22.

Heartbreaking 2-1 loss in the CL Final vs Chelsea. Could have repeated for a quintuple!

Probably the most swashbuckling PL season ever (historically, anyway), with 124 goals for and 40 against, which was nice after the previous season's heartbreaking 2nd place finish to Chelsea (theme alert).

My team is just now rounding into its prime, with only two players aged 30 or above (De Gea, Eriksen) and key players hitting that prized 25-29 range (Depay, Martial, Zivkovic, Pierre E-H, Laporte, Shaw). The squad's average age is ~23. I play heavy rotation, with even fringe players getting >15 games a season.

I've got a house rule that I don't buy finished players (22+) or pay more than 50m for a player, so spending has been less than 40m pounds a year, with a few years of transfer profit.

Overall, very satisfying career so far.

I have had great success with this formation please give it a try and provide feedback

Quite of lot of instructions here, in general the team tries to play good football by playing out from the back and working the ball into the box in forward areas. There is also emphasis on retaining possession and employing shorter passing. The majority of the play is intended to go through the fairly wideof the pitch through the AMC and inside forwards who will cut inside. This allows space for the wingbacks to get forward and be very effective. Another feature of the play is the much higher tempo and closing down instruction which puts pressure on the opposition and often results in mistakes.

The much higher defensive line works well in tandem with using the offside trap and closes the space for the opposition to get in behind the CM DM.

Best FM 2016 Tactics: Player Roles

GK – goalkeeper (D) – Your typical goalkeeper

DR/DL – complete wing back (A) – I love this role on FM, these guys will create havoc, my four wing backs they managed 42 assists between them, throughout the season. Stamina, pace and crossing are key attributes.

DC – central defender (D) – Your typical central defender, as ever aerial ability will be important. However in this tactic I feel good attributes for pace, acceleration and positioning would be particularly useful due to the high defensive line.

MC – central midfielders – I would play your midfielder with the best defensive attributes such as tackling and positioning with the defend duty. For the support duty, this player needs to be able to control the game as well as defend and attack. It would be useful if he has good passing and carries a goal threat when arriving late in the box.

AML/AMR – inside forward (A) – You should aim to use a right footed player on the left and vice versa. These guys should have good pace dribbling and finishing ability.

AMC – advanced playmaker (A) or Second Striker – Important player, Eriksen managed 10 goals and 12 assists in 35 PL appearances. Dribbling, technique, passing and vision are key attributes.

ST – complete forward (S) – Ideally you will have an all-rounder for this role, a striker, who can score goals as well as create for others

FM 2016 Tactics:

Pre-season: General training – team cohesion with high intensity (alternate weeks), Match Preparation – match tactics (50%).

During Season: General Training – balanced, Match Preparation – attacking movement (10%).

Use left footed player as inside forward on right hand side and vice versa.

Keep set piece instructions for free kicks and throws as they are with the download.

For opposition instructions use your assistant manager or coach with best tactical knowledge.

Try to get the tactic as fluid as possible during pre-season by organising more friendlies if necessary.

Download Link via Steam and ScreenShots Available to on link

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111270195/myworkshopfiles/?appid=378120

I'm starting to love the board just got this msg:

200f17e1781289042c120c7847a4bc56.png

and after that talk this was the result:

b5e12ccef14baa479efacc333d635747.png

seems the board comes a lot more to me with proposals then before, I've had the board come to me for expansion to the stadium, facilities (Haden't notice one of them had deteriorated but they came to me about it and improved it) and wage budget for assistant manager.

@Sikanderkhan that's very close to what I use as well, the only difference is I guess my CM's since I always play with at least 1 Ball winning midfielder and I play only 1 complete wingback and 1 normal wingback. Seems to work fine at least.

I have had great success with this formation please give it a try and provide feedback

Quite of lot of instructions here, in general the team tries to play good football by playing out from the back and working the ball into the box in forward areas. There is also emphasis on retaining possession and employing shorter passing. The majority of the play is intended to go through the fairly wideof the pitch through the AMC and inside forwards who will cut inside. This allows space for the wingbacks to get forward and be very effective. Another feature of the play is the much higher tempo and closing down instruction which puts pressure on the opposition and often results in mistakes.

The much higher defensive line works well in tandem with using the offside trap and closes the space for the opposition to get in behind the CM DM.

Best FM 2016 Tactics: Player Roles

GK – goalkeeper (D) – Your typical goalkeeper

DR/DL – complete wing back (A) – I love this role on FM, these guys will create havoc, my four wing backs they managed 42 assists between them, throughout the season. Stamina, pace and crossing are key attributes.

DC – central defender (D) – Your typical central defender, as ever aerial ability will be important. However in this tactic I feel good attributes for pace, acceleration and positioning would be particularly useful due to the high defensive line.

MC – central midfielders – I would play your midfielder with the best defensive attributes such as tackling and positioning with the defend duty. For the support duty, this player needs to be able to control the game as well as defend and attack. It would be useful if he has good passing and carries a goal threat when arriving late in the box.

AML/AMR – inside forward (A) – You should aim to use a right footed player on the left and vice versa. These guys should have good pace dribbling and finishing ability.

AMC – advanced playmaker (A) or Second Striker – Important player, Eriksen managed 10 goals and 12 assists in 35 PL appearances. Dribbling, technique, passing and vision are key attributes.

ST – complete forward (S) – Ideally you will have an all-rounder for this role, a striker, who can score goals as well as create for others

FM 2016 Tactics:

Pre-season: General training – team cohesion with high intensity (alternate weeks), Match Preparation – match tactics (50%).

During Season: General Training – balanced, Match Preparation – attacking movement (10%).

Use left footed player as inside forward on right hand side and vice versa.

Keep set piece instructions for free kicks and throws as they are with the download.

For opposition instructions use your assistant manager or coach with best tactical knowledge.

Try to get the tactic as fluid as possible during pre-season by organising more friendlies if necessary.

Download Link via Steam and ScreenShots Available to on link

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198111270195/myworkshopfiles/?appid=378120

Can only see this working with a top team like utd... terribly unbalanced :/

For those of you that still have Luke Shaw, how do you play him?

I've had him as full back attack as I try to follow the pie chart, but thinking of trying him as a CWB or WB. What are the best results you have had with him?