Sports Interactive Community
Batman86

FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

I had the chance to sign him at the start of the 2016/2017 but passed because £94 million for a central midfielder is just hilarious.

To be honest you have to pay ford world class players need little or no training individual focus on their game and Pogba probably would justify that price

You do have to pay, but not that much. Pogba is worth nowhere near that amount IRL & if FM is a simulation of that the same applies. If your paying that much for him - Griezmann & Ronaldo must be worth £150M...Suarez & Neymar went for upto £75M & both have way more goals/assists - so they must be worth similar now if not more.

If Pogba was hitting 30 + goals & 15 + assits a season Id agree with the value, but he isnt doing these thing so I just dont see how that value is justified. Who cares if hes strong and has insane skillz - its assists & goals that win you games not fancy play. Its the result of a completely over the top market & how much Juve think they can get away with asking for him as a result of said market thats given him this value, not his ability as a player. He did absolutely nothing in the biggest final of his career on Sunday, definitly doesnt justify the price.

You do have to pay, but not that much. Pogba is worth nowhere near that amount IRL & if FM is a simulation of that the same applies. If your paying that much for him - Griezmann & Ronaldo must be worth £150M...Suarez & Neymar went for upto £75M & both have way more goals/assists - so they must be worth similar now if not more.

If Pogba was hitting 30 + goals & 15 + assits a season Id agree with the value, but he isnt doing these thing so I just dont see how that value is justified. Who cares if hes strong and has insane skillz - its assists & goals that win you games not fancy play. Its the result of a completely over the top market & how much Juve think they can get away with asking for him as a result of said market thats given him this value, not his ability as a player. He did absolutely nothing in the biggest final of his career on Sunday, definitly doesnt justify the price.

So your saying basically United are going to be over paying for him with him being pursued in a £105 million deal? You have to spend big and just because he doesn't get 30+ goals and 15+ assists doesn't mean he doesn't justifies the value of £90+ million as hes more than a strong and skillful, hes got the defensive attributes to back him up in the team when we are being attacked irl. He's got the long ranger of if not better than Rooney the deep player within him like Carrick back in his prime he basically as complete midfielder as they do come

That's all nice and good.

But he is never, ever, ever worth that kind of money. Not even close. Anyone of sane mind who thinks he is, well quite frankly they're insane.

The pundits talking about it & football fans in general are all pretty much in agreement with that. Hats off to Juve - if this goes through they'll have pulled off an amazing deal for themselves.

except for me he got a better average rating then my right back, was 0.01 below my left back, and only other players ahead were forward players, Pogba sits in CM.. so he obviously bring something, given he is getting similar ratings to my creative players.

Just about to finish my first season... Considering buying lloris to replace de gea. Purely because he has a short term and long term goal to play abroad - has that caused an issue for anyone??

Thanks

Just about to finish my first season... Considering buying lloris to replace de gea. Purely because he has a short term and long term goal to play abroad - has that caused an issue for anyone??

Thanks

I'm in March 2021 and he still hasn't asked to leave, despite having that short term goal and PSG bidding for him every other window.

Anyone stuck with just Damian and Varela in first season? Had some brilliant performances so far

Anyone stuck with just Damian and Varela in first season? Had some brilliant performances so far

Varela is questionable defensively, but boy when he charges forward its a sight to behold him swinging accurate balls in. Darmain just shanks crosses to everywhere but the striker waiting unmarked.

varela is class!!!

i have made a huge mistake though and not played him much in seasons one and two so now his work permit wont be renewed. have vultures circling him with offers. luckily as hes playing week in week out hes rejected them all so far. hopefully it will continue that way until he qualifies for a work permit

Darmian has been outstanding for me. Throughout most of the first season he was just above average/consistant - then the last 10 games or so of the season he sprung into life. I play him as Wing back automatic (as Shaw is always attackign on the other side & I don't want both my full backs bombing forward) & set him to fire early crosses & I got 9 assists from him last season. He fairly often drills in good balls pretty accuratly. Starting the 2nd season off where he started - he's pretty immense for me just now.

Varela I sold in the first January transfer window. He asked for first team football & I said no, but I would sell him. He's 23 & getting too old to play in the 21's & he was never going to get past Darmian or my other right back. He's at Brighton now in the championship doing pretty average.

anyone who has signed dybala would you recommend him

Sign him in a heartbeat in 4 seasons with me at United on my save his lowest return was 32 goals in 35 appearances.

Best season was 59 in 55

I decided to take charge of Man Utd. And I have refrained myself from signing established players. I am more focused on upcoming prospects. These are my signings:

Transfers:

Transfer_zpsuhcyretz.png

Profiles:

Wahlqvist

Wahlqvist_zpsnqlt98k3.png

Meyer

Meyer_zpshok7veqq.png

Lozano

Lozano_zpsimbghbzc.png

Rico Henry

Henry_zps6jsbszqn.png

Galloway

Galloway_zpsfesrwtaa.png

Diks

Diks_zpskffzlqg9.png

Richairo Zivkovic

zivkovic_zpseqq8dojr.png

Currently in the month of October, sitting at 2nd place behind Spurs. Records: 5W 2D 0L

Ruben Neves is just breaking through on mine... bit hard to Dislodge Pogba and Vidal :lol:

Dont normally play Memphis up front, would normally play Barbosa

1B94E2F2F0BB96D2DDA201D35737FEFFB9181750

although I actually dont normally play Bale and Isco together either, usually the side Isco is playing on is Mahrez OR Ziyech, and Bale is always Injured :mad: but given its African cup of nations, I have to get some fitness back into those players.

turns out.. it works

11AE0A3B2B6D6C9D9149C19E3689123D21E14FC1

Isco was Man of the Match, seems odd playing Madrid and they have Schinederlin and Mata.. and I got Isco and Bale :lol:

and for some reason Benteke :/

I tried for Ruben Neves but I felt the asking price is a tad too much ridiculous... I will try again next season or Jan window as I have found out he has a release clause in his contract. As well as Laporte. I have managed to make him feel unhappy at his current club. Hahahah!

Julian Brandt looks very promising indeed but I am afraid that I will have too many players playing in the same position. I should maybe try to get Tielemans instead. I feel CM area is the weakest areas.

An update, I will be signing Maher for 4mil in Jan. For a backup, he still has loads of potential to be a very good player. Only 22yo.

Does lucas romero develop aswell as last year or as good as last year not signed him this game but last year was amazing

Probably not able to sign him at the beginning, at he went to Cruzeiro. But he's still top quality though, but I suspect his ceiling isn't as high as last year.

I have two names in mind, sergi samper and Tielemans. But I am not too sure about samper though. Anyone tried him before?

What about Thiago? It seems that he is available for purchase. Around 35-40mil. Reasonable for someone his quality.

My current midfield 2 are Shweni and Herrera. Doing well both of them.

I am reaching Jan transfer window, The board just offered me a new contract and increase my transfer budget to 95mil!!

We are sitting top of the table W12 D5 L1.

I have two names in mind, sergi samper and Tielemans. But I am not too sure about samper though. Anyone tried him before?

What about Thiago? It seems that he is available for purchase. Around 35-40mil. Reasonable for someone his quality.

My current midfield 2 are Shweni and Herrera. Doing well both of them.

I am reaching Jan transfer window, The board just offered me a new contract and increase my transfer budget to 95mil!!

We are sitting top of the table W12 D5 L1.

Thiago is quite injury prone, if you are wiling to take your chances he is a quality player. I wouldn't :D

I retrained Tielemans into a winger, he's pretty average there but isn't doing too badly. Its just me probably but I'm not fielding a CM with about 9 for Stamina.

Thanks for the advice, I am still figuring out what to do. Another option is Grotzeka from Schalke. Cheers!

Goretzka is one player I've always wanted to buy because all his attributes can be in double digits which satisfies my OCD, then I go "oh look Paul Pogba is available for £90m, why the heck not?" :lol:

Quality player though, think Fellaini-esque physical profile but with some actual bloody football ability.

I have Goretzka.. he can't break into the team.. almost sold him for silly money as well.

wow

Memphis up front in a 4-4-2 is brilliant, he goes out wide a lot and creates stuff, or gets on the end of things himself, instead of when he is out wide, he cuts inside and wastes a shot.

C0C458F4A76DDDBDAD6510A49AC21C1E65ACC439

dunno how young you want, but it is 2018

E9F7705739D6EC5C6A7B7F7F8F5E944160F930A4

To be honest you have to pay ford world class players need little or no training individual focus on their game and Pogba probably would justify that price[/
To be honest you have to pay ford world class players need little or no training individual focus on their game and Pogba probably would justify that price

Gotta agree with Chapman, some times you gotta pay an exceptional amount for an exceptional player.

In my career I brought Dybala at the end of the first season for a total of £120m (might have been more)with that being some up front and some over time. He'd been Europes top marksman that season hence the hugely inflated price.

Since joining me he's averaging 50-60 goals a season and has just finished his 4 season as part of my United team with 77 goals in 58 appearances and was the top goal scorer in all competitions (Prem, FA Cup, Capital one cup, Community shield, super cup, world club cup) and we won all of those competitions as well

Also I signed Pogba just after February in the 3rd season (so he joined for the 4th season) for £73m due to a release clause

Kovacic looking good there. But RM seems hesitant to sell him.

I am not going to waste my Jan Window. Gonna try to sign one of the many names. Trying Sergi Samper, Tielemans and Kovacic. I have 93mil to spend. So why not try all! Hahaha

If all fails then Pogba for 93mil then.

Anyone still using Phil Jones? Too injury prone and he couldn't even break into my starting eleven.... Think of selling him.

Thanks all for the sharing. Appreciate it so much.

Kovacic looking good there. But RM seems hesitant to sell him.

I am not going to waste my Jan Window. Gonna try to sign one of the many names. Trying Sergi Samper, Tielemans and Kovacic. I have 93mil to spend. So why not try all! Hahaha

If all fails then Pogba for 93mil then.

Anyone still using Phil Jones? Too injury prone and he couldn't even break into my starting eleven.... Think of selling him.

Thanks all for the sharing. Appreciate it so much.

Phil Jines is still in my squad but in truth he's back up to John Stones and Tim Fosu-Mensah

Jan window done. Here are my siginings and my current squad.

JAN SIGNINGS
Jan%20signings_zpsjh8agl2i.png

TIELEMANS

Tielemans_zps5leb49iu.png

SANE

Sane_zpshndcb4c8.png

KOVACIC

Kovacic_zpssl1yy4w1.png

CURRENT SQUAD

Jan%20Sqd_zpsvfsy1poa.png

Ended my 1st season with Utd as PL Champions with an 11 points gap to 2nd place Spurs.

We had the Most Goals scored (88) as well as the least conceded (33). That played a huge part in our success in reclaiming the PL crown! We were also the Capital One cup champions after beating Arsenal on penalty kick.

I had high hopes in my team to at least claim a treble but we were defeated in the 6th round of the FA cup by spurs. And a narrow defeat to Juventus in the Qtr Final. 1st Leg (4-4) 2nd Leg (2-3). If we had defended well in the 1st leg I know we would have gone on to win the CL. It's okay, we will try again this season!

CL Screenshots:

1st leg
CL%201st%20leg_zpsq9116ogd.png

2nd leg
CL%202nd%20leg_zpsbu72xelm.png

I am now in my 2nd season with Utd, Played 3 games W3. It's almost the end of the transfer window. I did a lot of clearing out by loaning out players (Perreira, Januzaj, Tielemans and many more) as well as selling players. I decided to sell Rashford to Watford with the hope he can develop better. I have put a buy back clause option to my advantage if he develops to be a world class player. I need not sell players to fund my purchases but why not do so if I am unable to give the players playing time right? In came many youngsters (as usual I love doing so). Riedewald, Gabriel Jesus, Lewis Cook and Jordan Pickford. For a combined fee of 28.25Mil. Cook and Pickford were bought for the English quota but they do can provide good back up to my current squad. So here are the screenshots for current season.

Current Lge Table

Lgue%20table_zpsunjdmowp.png

Transfers
Transfer_zpsja2iyhtl.png

Transfer%202_zps86ah1s9f.png

Signings

Lewis%20Cook_zpsxe9p68z6.png

Gabriel%20Jesus_zpsxsnbollq.png

Riedewald_zps7rtrbvqd.png

Jordan%20Pickford_zpsvxvzxj9v.png

Current Squad

Squad_zps84ruihd4.png

That is all for now. I will update as and when I have the time to do so. :)

Can you post it on here then? Or are their any other player instructions and Ill just copy them from the pic you posted earlier.

Cheers

Anyone had experience of signing Marc Albrighton? Going to be using a 4-4-2 flat and wanting to have someone on the right wing like Beckham was back in the day who would be able to whip in crosses into the box. Then have an attacking winger on the opposite wing just wondered if anyone had signed him before with United or another team and if so what price would be good price, I did get a £8.75 rising to £16.5 but not sure if its a good deal 

Anyone tried a 4-3-3 with a flat 3 man midfield consisting of Pogba, Herrera and Schneiderlin?

Thinking Schneiderlin as a DLP (D), Pogba as a B2B and Herrera as a CM(S) or AP(S). Anyone got different ideas on regards to roles?

How do you line up with Pogba, Kovacic, Samper and Herera? Dilemma.... I will have all by Jan transfer window....

Edited by muhaimin

What is people's best role as the striker for Martial? Can't seem to get the best out of him on this save and forgotten how I used to get the goal machine. He's done badly just need him to score bit more often with Young currently the top scorer on 6 goals and Martial 4 from 11(1). Playing a flat 4-4-2

On ‎26‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 06:47, Chapman7 said:

What is people's best role as the striker for Martial? Can't seem to get the best out of him on this save and forgotten how I used to get the goal machine. He's done badly just need him to score bit more often with Young currently the top scorer on 6 goals and Martial 4 from 11(1). Playing a flat 4-4-2

I played Martial as a Complete Forward (Attack) in my save. So far top scorer in my team by 1 goal. I am currently in Jan.

My current squad:
Martial%20top%20scorer_zpsyownotrr.png

I have signed Pogba (60m P/ex Schneiderlin), Isco (23m P/ex Mata), Samper (20.5m). I could not resist signing Isco as I felt that he is better than Mata with a similar style of play. And he is available in the market. I have a very deep squad that I sometimes stressed myself out on who should be dropped or sold. These do  not include players that are on loan (Januzaj, Perreira, Tielemans, Riedewald, Kevin Diks and Walhqvist).