Sports Interactive Community
Batman86

FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

Is it possible to sell Rooney before the start of the first season? If yes, how much can you get? This is on the latest patch.

Was Hoping to having Martial up top with Depay and Bernardo Silva as inside forwards on the wings and Mata dictating in the middle.

Sold him for 35 million straight up to Chelsea. Offered him out, non-negotiable, they came in right away.

deadline day signings ftw \o/

F317C343BF2E317B0C8B8EB1A76529F38B29D817

will help me when i play 4-4-2 as the player who play wide midfield are not the best in that position

looking for a backup Right back.. tried Rodriguez at Wolfsburg, but his Agent is a pain in the butt, so didn't get him.

42DC1735492FFC9A247D9CF72A7625C1AD1C70BD

found this guy in the list of left backs, loads of development room, loaned him out anyway so I can assess.

scott how much did you get Brandt for, he is a player I am interested in along with muniain and Patrick hermann

£27.5m.

hasn't been impressive for me yet, only 1 goal in 6... but it was against city :lol: and most have been sub appearances

speaking of City... they stopped me winning the title at the emirates :mad: by drawing 1-1 with second placed spurs

don't know if I will go for him but price is ok considering he is rated highly

At the end of the second season I got offered around 155M euros for Martial. This is after winning two league titles and a Champions League title, so the players' valuations are nice and high. Martial wasn't even my first choice striker (which was Lukaku) but played AML most of the time. Januzaj and Depay are more than capable standins for him.

So, is this offer really too good to turn down or will I regret it? It's very possible that I won't be able to find a world class replacement for him (clubs aren't really willing to sell their top players I've found).

won the title and league form has free fallen

still winning in the cups though won FA cup as well as this

34E04536C36B23D359B764F12239B13D3E42C5CE

645DCEE92DA7C1827B3F401B560D71980D3A1FA6

transfers

22B7E7A76747208E9C402F6D33A8AD110951DCD3

6E3A7D9B73DF4D2ED4D8D770DAE034CB24978D66

oh and this is noteworthy

3EDEB02F6922BDAD78F2123A0BA75679C5B224A3

B540918143DBE2ACCBE22BC10E8BD358DF6EFE19

Fellaini won best goal

ok.. transfer mayhem

6927EA9E8BF3A2085BC65279EE3322147A4BA008

sell Mata for silly money (i think it was 73m including addons)

buy Mahrez

Leicester promptly spend the Mahrez money on Rooney :lol:

offloaded Swiensteiger as Madrids Offer is fairly decent, before missing out on my replacement :(, Bought Alonso for peanuts to replace him instead, so i can dip back in the market next season with a few more pennies.

1D3231F8FB02CBAD6446B073521C936E2C8E42B3

gotta admit though, that is some Midfield.. and it tore spurs a new one

A69EB709C45BB3D68363124F62DB5C8ACE9B29C3

Started a game on Tuesday and bought Winston Reid, Antoine Griezman, Marco Reus, Patrice Evra, Darren Fletcher Mikkel Deuland & Emanuel Mammana with Daniele Rugani & Loftus Cheek in on loan. Terminated Loftus's loan since he weren't playing well, got rid of Fellani & let Marcos Rojo, Daley Blind & youngsters out on loan. Patrice was supposed to be back-up for Shaw but he complains too much about not playing so selling him in the summer along with Carrick. I tend to play youngsters in the first team, Varela & Borthwick Jackson are beast along with Rashford & Martial who's got 22 goals. Giving Johnstone a run in first team since de Gea was injured. Got some young players to come in summer including Zidane's son & I'm doing well in league + cups. Tend to lose/draw occasional game which is to be expected with youth mixed in. Was picking up silly cards at beginning of season so I took hard tackling off all players except central defenders & have man marking set for freekicks/corners. Bugs me that Leicester are so crap & Chelsea are bossing it (well as much as they ever do) and Agents always demanding too much fee for players. Also really stupid you can put bids in for likes of Neymar, Lewandowski, Goetze, Aubameyang, Moura & Ibrahimovic and they get accepted but of course the players don't want to move. I'll post some screenshots when season's over but I'm really enjoying it so far. Trainings all balanced with loads of rest days during busy periods & I do rotate squad a lot (Rooney doesn't even start most games). Just want to work on cutting the squad down a little more.

mysst4a6p

My team after getting through the first season, which is the most annoying because you can't offload everyone you want in two transfer windows. That being said huge upgrade on Darmian with Mario Fernandes, he provided an attacking option upfield. Picked up Jake Bidwell as backup for Shaw after PSG took Rojo off my hands. I have a problem with hoarding excellent young midfielders (Lucas Romero, Iver Fossum, Youri Tielmans, Marko Grujic (on loan for WP)) which is why I was more than happy so see Carrick and Schweinsteiger go. The names beneath Rooney (offloading in January, those wages!) are Zach Clough and James Wilson.

So finished my first season, went well after a rocky middle due to injury.

League: 1st by 12 points

FA Cup: Won, beat liverpool in final

League cup: Beat 3rd round Ipswich

Champions League: Won, beat PSG in final

I spent alot of money and moved on a lot of players, I brought in Berardi, Rues, Rafhina and Pogba for a combined of £220. Moved on Fellani, Rooney, Carrick, Rojo, Young, Herrera for combined about £110 million. The board kept giving me more money, first an extra £600'000 a week in wages, then £30 million and then £40 million transfer funds. I've also got Saul coming on a free from Spain.

Tactics wise I play 4-2-3-1, slow passing game. with fullbacks very involved in play. Luke shaw finished with 23 assists, Rafhina and Darmian finished with 30 between them. MArtial was top scorer with 24 goals (Vardy scored 33 league goals, my scouts only rate him to 3 stars) Berardi, Depay finished 19 goals and Mata 16.

It took Liverpool 7 games to score a goal, and they finished 10th with 49 points, Klopp sacked in December. Man City lead the league until January by 15 points and then pulled a old school city and finshed 3rd 20 points behind. Chelsea, City, Arsenal finished the league without a manager.

40m pound + 40m (12 mounts) + 10.25m (10 int apps) , 83m buy back clause.

kBNXQm.png

pzZGAL.png

0863C2BD706ECC0FC97FA462564242B9B280BAFE

GARETH FREAKING BALE!!!!

now to figure out how to get him in the team.. Attacking midfielders are blitzing ratings (Depay goes beastly.. Mahrez is top scorer, Ziyech and Isco changing best average ratings)

803E0C501858A75BBB3DB8AC31F660C53EFC9986

and this is cool, wasn't aware the Ziyech was topping shirt sales.

and African cup of nations is killing me... need to rest Fernandes.... Toure Ziyech AND Mahrez gone to Africans cup :(

Do you replace Giggs as assistant manager?

Do you replace Giggs as assistant manager?

I always get Mike Phelan back in as assistant manager. Is a far better ass man and has earned in more to be there. Giggs can stay as a coach or learn the trade at another club first. In my game, he became manager of Derby and led them to promotion.

0863C2BD706ECC0FC97FA462564242B9B280BAFE

GARETH FREAKING BALE!!!!

now to figure out how to get him in the team.. Attacking midfielders are blitzing ratings (Depay goes beastly.. Mahrez is top scorer, Ziyech and Isco changing best average ratings)

803E0C501858A75BBB3DB8AC31F660C53EFC9986

and this is cool, wasn't aware the Ziyech was topping shirt sales.

and African cup of nations is killing me... need to rest Fernandes.... Toure Ziyech AND Mahrez gone to Africans cup :(

would love to see that for real:D

how much did you get him for scott??

I will be starting my FM16 game soon just getting my desktop built nearly done

£40m he was transfer listed

amazing value on my game tests so far I'm getting rebuffed with that for brandt etc:D

summer 2016??

After, I don't know how many, months away from it, I got back to my United save. I decided, with 2 weeks to go before the window closes, to get rid of some of my higher wage earning backups and bring in some players of similar quality but a tad more wage friendly:

Out:

Valencia to Monaco, Young to Southampton, Aleix Vidal to Bayern, Rooney to Real, Carrick to Marseille, Valdes to Leicester, Darmian to Dortmund, Florenzi to Swansea, Blind to PSG, Romero to Hull

Rojo is the only player I was unable to move. My fault though as I should have started trying to sell them sooner. So he gets to sit in the reserves until January.

Darmian.....I wasn't 100% sure on whether or not to sell him. I eventually did and promoted Fosu-Mensah. He made his debut against Arsenal and performed marvelously.

Florenzi was at the club when I took over. He's a good player but he's more of a proper winger than a wing back. Same with Vidal. I was just glad to get their wages off the books.

Real Madrid showed some interest in Rooney. I figured this was the highest his value would ever be so I shipped him off to the Spanish capital.

Blind I did not want to sell. But PSG decided to offer me 53 million for him. So yeah he plays for PSG now :D

The Blind sale takes care of the 35 million I spent on Strootman (I signed him purely to steal him from Arsenal). I brought in Abdennour, Radu, and Sule to bolser my defense and got an absolute steal in Jefferson as my new backup keeper.

Started off the season with wins against Arsenal and Chelsea and a draw at Liverpool. Next up is Real Madrid away in my first group stage match. This'll be fun.

amazing value on my game tests so far I'm getting rebuffed with that for brandt etc:D

summer 2016??

January 2017.

I got brandt at £27.5m in jan 16

So in November in my 2nd season. First season was amazing with CL and PL wins. I was thinking about it, the CL run was great, I put out Wolfsburg, Real Madrid and City, before beating PSG in the final.

Anyway 2nd season, sold a lot of dead wood: mainly Fellani, Valencia and Rooney for a combined £40 million

I only brought in 2 under 18 players, Odeegard £13.5 (release clause) and Saul Free from Athletico. I also splashed £16 million on Wilshire as he's decent but also makes up numbers in home grown staff.

League: top after 12 games with 28 points

CL: Stuea, Bayern and Ajax, top after 4 games with 10 points

LC: Put out 3rd round by Spurs

FA: not entered yet.

Things going well, strong performances including beating Arsenal 3-0, City 2-1, Liverpool 4-1 and Bournemouth 8-0

Board keep throwing money at me and the club, I currently have £138million transfer and £3.1million wage budget left. Upgraded Youth facilities and training due to be complete at the end of the season. I want to sign a real world class AMC, so may splash some cash on one.

hey I got a little issue with the transfer

first one I can't seem to decide between signing :

rugani or stones

embolo or kane or barbosa

the second one is should I buy a back right back for darmian cause I don't see anyone that can be a backup

PS : I'm a bit new in the game (I played fm 14 once but I stopped cause I don't know how to play it lol)

How about the defenders, should I go for Rugani or Stones?

I know both of them are good young defenders but I can't seem to decide between the two of them

I got Nastasic, Zouma, and Laporte but they're not interested in joining

Valencia is the backup for Darmian and if you want to save the cash, Smalling and Jones can do a job there, and also McNair, i preferred giving him chances there as opposed to CB. Personally I signed a left back instead as I do not trust Rojo.

He's very versatile, and after being upgraded in the winter update (I think) he's a decent player for that price. A friend signed him for Lyon and apparently he was quite good there.

Starting a new game with Manchester United. Is this team good enough to win the Premiership?

Do I need strengthening? Suggestions? A center back, maybe? Who?

I still have 42M euros to spend.

(several players can play in more than one position. original database)

GK - De Gea / Romero

DR - Darmian / Petar Stojanovic

DL - Shaw / Blind / Grimaldo (loan)

DC - Smalling / Jones (when fit)

DC - Rugani (loan) / Mammanda

MC - Schweinsteiger / Carrick / Thiago Maia

MC - Pogba / Schneiderlin / Ajer

AMR - Valencia / Zivkovic / Gabriel Barbosa (3 months out)

AML - Depay / Andreas Pereira

AMC - Mata / Herrera

ST - Martial / Rooney / Wilson

if you want a player who can play in a lot of positions, Felix Passlack can play a load.

hmm well for the first transfer window in the first season I bought Rugani, Mario Fernandes, Embolo and Lamela and sold Valencia

tried to get Iturbe from roma but failed because arsenal signed him

Just finished my 3rd season winning the Prem and FA Cup double and had Dybala pick up the league Golden Boot and was top marksman in Europe with 66 goals all season and 44 in the league as well as 18 odd assists and had Gabriel Barbosa score 30 odd with a similar amount of assists

Been a very long while since I did any sort of update

This is my formation for the 25/26 season

fYfl4Rw.png?1

Standard-Very fluid with very high defensive line and max closing down.

Some of my current squad, mostly regens now.

TrzAVoH.png?1

NGCM8jj.png?1

bw2ykca.png?1

9HgaBZZ.png?1

LZ4fhxg.png?1

So end of season two update and I've been even better.

Won the league by 19 points, and beat Real Madrid to win the Champions league for a second year in a row.

Also won CS, Super cup and Club world championships

Good season, Higuian had 33 goals before his season ended in April, Martial with 15

Shaw won every award, and only failed to win Young player of the month 2 in the whole season, thrown in with Golden boy award.

I've so far agreed a move for Varane (£67million) and Neymar (£115million) which will be all my incoming business this year expect from youths.

How does Januzaj do on this years edition? Also anyone have any recommend any young strikers to sign to compete with Martial and Barbosa?

How does Januzaj do on this years edition? Also anyone have any recommend any young strikers to sign to compete with Martial and Barbosa?

Januzaj is pretty meh, better replacements can be found. I personally replaced him with Gribbin but kept the Belgian as he adds to the HG quota.

Try Breel Embolo from Basel, big versatile physical speedy striker, good skill & finishing to go with it.

Januzaj is pretty meh, better replacements can be found. I personally replaced him with Gribbin but kept the Belgian as he adds to the HG quota.

Try Breel Embolo from Basel, big versatile physical speedy striker, good skill & finishing to go with it.

Yeah, I thought he might be pretty average on this game. Yeah was looking at him, but they aren't nudging from almost £30 million

Gribbin doesnt develop that well on mine, just buy Ziyech and be done with it.

Embolo, yea only other one I can think of.

there is also Gabriel Jesus.

Gribbin doesnt develop that well on mine, just buy Ziyech and be done with it.

Embolo, yea only other one I can think of.

there is also Gabriel Jesus.

I got Gribbin tutored by Mata and it was plain sailing from there. I might have lucked out getting a Gribbin with high PA as well good hidden attributes (Consistency etc) as he always performed well for me even when Adnan's attributes were seemingly superior.

Just finished my first season. Tight race to the title all the way, only winning it by 3 points. Won the CL, highlight of this beating Barcelona 5-0 en route to the finals.

keMuf1f.png

bYXoEIu.png

Looks like I might finally be getting into a new United save I've been meaning to do since the update came out. Initially I went with a 4-2-4-0 system, but ended up with a pretty unorthodox 3-3-3-1 after being disappointed with the raumdeuter role on the left.

th_Manchester%20United_%20%20Overview_zpsraq67gnu.png

th_Manchester%20United_%20%20Overview-2_zpsyke1jypp.png

Has worked very well so far, only 8 games into the season but 6 wins, one draw (2-2 to Arsenal at home after having been 2-0 ahead) and one defeat (2-1 to CSKA away in the second qualifying leg, having won 2-0 at home). I need to be more careful with protecting leads, other than that it's going great. Pogba, Mata and Martial the best players so far.

One particular highlight so far, his first start after coming off the bench in the previous game:

John%20Cleese_%20%20Inbox_zpskgu50u4b.png

Anybody had any history with that Eric Baily we are in talks with? He does look like a gem for current ability but not sure on his potential would improve him too much

rated a little better then Phil Jones. but nothing special 2-3 stars

Ah he looks a promising signing for us in real life though from statistics and some videos of this season!

Meh. Gave in and purchased Fm16 because it was on sale and nothing better to fill gaming time with right now. Not going mad on this first run through, more just trying to get used to any differences.

Transfer wise, didnt really do much. People I be interested in were going to cost more than I was willing to pay so figured I pretty much stick to the starting team. Barbosa(£9m)/Mammana(4m) were the only purchases, Valencia sold (17.5m). That sale bit me on the ass first game of the season though when he scored against me :( .. Probably will try do some work in January as even though just hit October I am already feeling the fact that light in a few places.

Not had the best start to the season, but somehow it has been good enough.

Started League with a loss, win, draw, draw ... which left us a bit behind everyone. But after 4 straight wins we find ourselves top of the league after 8 games, just a single point ahead of 3 teams. Man city (undefeated with 4wins/4draws), Arsenal and Sunderland

(5wins, 1draw,2loss). Glad to see Leicester in 5th place 2 further points behind.

Poor start of the season almost cost us Champions league qualification. After a 0-0 away draw in first leg, we scraped through with a 2-1 win relying on a 84th minute penalty to get us the victory. Unfortunately so far our European matches havent improved with 2 draws in the first 2 group stage games.

We drew Man City in 3rd round of the Capital One cup. Finished that game 0-0 after De Gea saved a Toure Penalty in the 107th minute..... In the shootout De Gea went on to save penalties from Silva and Fernando whilst we put our first 4 away for a 4-2 penalty victory.

I am not happy with my tactic currently. But I will work on it once they got used to the formation, and will start to train up a backup also. Just not scoring enough goals currently, but defensively we doing not too bad. Will be interesting to see if the season will fall apart... been missing Shaw already with a torn muscle which has weakened our attacking form because he was outstanding rampaging from left back.

Edit:

Best result so far. 0-1 victory over man city. Schneiderlin sent off after 8 minutes, Barbosa scored 3minutes later from a well worked freekick which saw Mata life the ball over the defense to Rojo on the left side of the box, decent cross to far post where Barbosa volleyed it in. From there we somehow held them off for the rest of the match and even had a few chances on the counter attack.

2FAF1D0907EB97A9D13B277FEDD79EBCEFCB2A37

this is some average squad rating. other then DDG getting 6.9 because he had naff all to do Laporte got the lowest outfield player rating of... 8.2

and the players being kept out of the side are on the bench.