Sports Interactive Community
Batman86

FM16: Manchester United Back in Europe

and my game crashes just after my Champions league semi-final away leg against PSV.. so yea a quick holiday past this... and Giggs wins it 0-3 and Valencia scores again :lol:, guessing the competition for his place by a player constantly belting out 7.9+ is stirring him on

1649F9AF2925F343D2ECDE22D5D9861E393A7C97

Ziyech is the player... but i swear he is the unluckiest player ever... every time he gets a 9.0 someone else gets 9.0 AND POM :lol: Smalling got it... Ziyech assisted his goal...

AEBB4CFA56090629C847F18038604B4F53936003

48CDC5B3D12E503971E46A7D6129C5D421C6EEBC

and to rub it in :lol:

Martial as an IF is working well. he is scoring, means i can sometimes chuck in Barbosa :thup:

well then...

028699D28EC8B699D6FEF1535B4AB109A30C189A:lol:

Now when I say shots in a game...

Screen_Shot_2016_01_14_at_15_55_56.jpg

41, 18 on target...

Screen_Shot_2016_01_14_at_15_56_04.jpg

Against League 2 Newport in the 5th round of the FA Cup. Only a 6.8 rating for their keeper too... Crazy stuff.

:mad:

The lowest rating an opposition keeper has had against me over the last 10 games is 7.6...6 of the last 10 matches the opposition keeper has got man of the match with ratings over 9. getting a bit ridiculous now, just played Cardfiff at home in the fa cup quaters and won 3-1 in the end but even then Marshall (cardiffs keeper) ends with a 9.3 man of the match rating.

Its just getting a bit ridiculous now its literally every game every keeper regardless of their ability has a worldy against me.

yNUacD.png

Thats got to be the perfect 1st half! 29 shots and not a single foul or shot conceded, shame the second half of these games are always a damp squib.

B7A612C1AFA6C71AD0A475D8514A9A676DC25CBA

Wayne won Golden boot :lol:

B69D3D183B344CD393B2A1D1DAED8CBE45A80F34

Memphis cleaned up

CF24CE38AA95549B8A78F09F28B7578B9D4F3639

Ratings

DB189DCBBB22A3B042723EAA119ACCABAEB62C49

goals

onwards to signings for next season

0B377A940AF87FD7A74F2CD447365FE83A981F94

a return of an old coach

9BDD64D65E0CC2BB4B6B90E6E5EB3687CB4A4D2F

lots of decent freebies.

4E547CEE3E1F393B61713169B4EF2631C7EB852A

E57FE69AC02FFC3B8EE0754E2EF53FC922929C47

2D730FAE4F6EA058813BD2583FCD606A15CD57F6

054683A076AA765238A48DE81360AA8DC1D88A92

68439B4705C98C40D02CC36E79928E42269330C7

in case you were wondering why.

united first season,

great result and great game to watch. what i like more than the 6 goals scored is the conversion %.

PuybgbZ.png

7A7rcP9.png

i play martial as a target man in the centre of a 3 man attack. hes not the greatest header of the ball so im wondering if i can get a big strong player like lukaku would i be able to get more goals

Just finished my 3rd season and what a season it was, won every trophy available losing only 1 game all season that being against...Norwich! tbh i do find them bizarrely irritating to play for whatever reason, anyway my unbeaten league run ended at 61 games away at Norwich but the league was won at a canter nonetheless finishing up like this:

5tSLUx.png

My goals scored and conceded were remarkably similar to the previous season, i scored 120 last season compared to 119 this but conceded 4 fewer this time round so my +94 goal difference is my new best to date. Memorable away victorys at Chelsea (4-2) City (0-1) and Arsenal (4-2) on top of drubbings to all those at home were the highlights, The title was won by about january tbh but the race for those top 4 places was interesting viewing as the season played out. Annoyingly City scraped into the top 4 by winning on the last day, Liverpool were basically 3rd all season until a poor ending which allowed City and West ham of all teams to claim champions league spots. Arsenal were horrendous all season and sacked Martinez in March and replaced him with...PEP! paying Bayern a 20 million compo package for good measure, anyway unsurprisingly they ended pretty strongly under Guadiola and actually hammered the champions league favourites Madrid 6-3 in peps first match in the champions league quarter finals.

This is probably the first FM ive played where i can safely say all my rivals are getting stronger the longer i go into the game, in previous versions i used to find the AI controlled teams to be really poor in the transfer market and after about 3 seasons all have really horrible looking unbalanced squads and it became pointless to carry on but on this version i actually think its going to get harder for me to dominate to such an extent. Chelsea have been strong from the start and although ive now built up a dominant H2H record against them (and Mourinho who hates me!) and won all of the last 5 meetings they are still the side i least enjoy playing, and still the team i most often have to beat to win cup finals, they like last season again were the ones standing in my way in the FA cup final, ill screenshot the result but it was a tough battle that i just edged. City have been pretty average since i started this save but have built up an incredible squad on my game, They have a striking roster that includes Aguero, Icardi, Vietto and Benzema (good luck keeping all them happy!) since Real Madrid had a january firesale and so kindly decided to flog Benzema and Gareth Bale to my direct rivals City and Chelsea, Madrid had already signed Lewandowski from Bayern so Benzema was getting no games and Bale for whatever reason didnt kick a ball at Madrid from day 1 of this save and Chelsea got him for a cut price 25 million! Im interested to see how Arsenal get along under Pep next season, Chelsea as said are still managed by Jose and Joachim Low is currently Citys boss after they sacked Pellegrini then simeone and then Rudi Garcia i think.

Anyway the summary of my 3rd season:

e5s0mN.png

FJKKWG.png

duOCTn.png

That champions league final was farcical really, i completely dominated the match as the stats show and somehow managed to be holding on in the end! Psg were awful and didnt register a shot in the first hour of the game by which time id had 24! then veratti got sent off and i was cruising to the end until somehow Barbosa gets on the end of a cross and in a match they were never in i was crapping myself for the last 5 mins, if theyd had won that or even taken it to extra time it would have been a travesty, complete opposite to the FA cup final victory over chelsea where that could have gone either way PSG were very poor and i was shocked how easy it was and i how dominant i was, yet if theres 1 thing ive learned playing this its your team generally needs the best part of 20 most shots to get the same reward as the opposition...

Star players for me were..well basically everyone! i cant say anyone had a poor season really and ended up with 3 players having ratings over 8.0 over the entire season, goals were well spread out with 5 players scoring 20 or more i think, ill screenshot my player stats in a sec to check that! but if i had to say who was my stand out performer id go with Neymar fantastic stats and consistent performances even though Luke Shaw ended the season setting a new average rating record of 8.22 over the course of a league season.

Player stats:

TnN1uP.png

hRdWqB.png

dZx6lm.png

Coming into the summer window and bar finding some crazy potential regens i dont see myself making any signings, the only spot i can realistically strengthen is at right back where Matteo Darmain has had a terrible season only averaging 7.70 across the season...thats literally the weakest area of my team with an ageing yet somehow ridiculously performing Valencia as cover. trouble is with Arsenal not even entertaining bids of 80 million for Bellerin (id never pay that anyway i was just testing to see how much they wanted) and Danilo having signed a new 250k a week deal with Madrid i dont see who else there is worth replacing Darmian with, tbf he has been excellent for me and i have a brilliant 17 year old argentine regen joining im the summer who will be ready to replace him inside the next 2 years anyway.

My squad is:

De Gea/Donorumma

Darmian/Valencia

Stones/Smalling

Laporte/Jones

Shaw/Robertson

Pogba/Renato Sanches

Tielemans/Thiago Maia

Zivkovic/Embolo

James Rodriguez/Lincoln

Neymar/Depay

Dybala/Martial

If anyone can recommend anyway i can strengthen than please do.

Not sure how much longer i will carry this save on atm im still enjoying it and have things to achieve like the club world cup etc but with little way of improving my team and with a whole host of amazing youngsters coming through im not sure where more i can go with it, 1 defeat in my last 97 matches in all competitions is a record i will take pride in though.

how are you affording those..

and anyone know a good replacement for schniderlin?

Affording who?? assuming youre meaning me?

Ive lost all faith in this game being realistic....

ZXpXg9.png

England beating Germany in a world cup on penalties with Thomas Muller missing the deciding kick.....? nah!

Tbf though England are ranked number 1 in the world on my game in 2018...but have just lost 3-1 to Sweden in the world cup semi finals, the other semi final was won by Uruguay who beat Belguim...not exactly a glittering semi final list and a world cup final between Sweden and Uruguay hardly sets the pulses racing! that **** Suarez is pretty ridiculous on my save, hes already up to 80 international goals which to put into perspective Ronaldo retired for portugal on 69 and Messi currently has 59 for Argentina.

Anyway im just about to start pre-season ahead of my 4th season and have made just the 1 signing..Jack Wilshere on a free transfer, some strange free transfers this summer Willian was somehow allowed to run his contract down and has just joined City on a free, i tried to get him to but wasnt gonna pay him the 100k a week and huge bonuses his agent wanted, tbh the only reason id have signed him was to sell him on for a few million, hes worth 20 million so not a bad free transfer for City, Wilshere is worth 17 mil so even if he doesnt perform he cost me nothing but a wage so nothing to lose and ill make a tidy profit on him when/if i sell him.

oaDspE.png

His stats are actually very good and hes still only 26 and i needed an extra CM/AMC option as im intending to loan out Lincoln to get him more game time.

Other than Wilshere and sorting out a few loans for my brightest talents (Donorumma, Gribbin etc) its been a quiet window, im sitting on a 200 million transfer budget and a 1.5 million available wage budget with no one to sign, Bellerin has just signed a new contract with Arsenal so no new right back which im not that fussed about.

Hey guys!

I'm new here but not to FM. I've had the game every year since '12, skipping only last years. I've never played my own tactics, always just downloaded the best ones from the forums but this year I don't feel like doing it, now I kinda take it as cheating. So I've started a game with my small local team and just played without caring about things too too much and I got sacked in my first season in january. So I thought I'd start a long term save with my favorite team, ManUtd! I started the save with 0 transfer budgets so the teams are the same as they were at the start of the season. I just like it more realistic.

So I'm just after my first CL group stage match and lost to Juve at home 0-2. I don't care about CL too much to be honest, but solving the problems I have could make me want to progress in CL too rather than just focusing on the league. So I've got a couple questions that I'm looking for the answers for:

1.) Is the default squad you get at the start of the game capable of winning the league and progressing well into the CL?

2.) I'm watching every game on full so they take 30 minutes at least or maybe even more (time flies by so quickly when you play FM), as I'm trying to make my own tactics and I want to see how my players are doing. The problems I'm facing is basically the same as the team has in real life: can't create much chances, very few clear cut chances. The results I've had so far are: Newcastle (H) 2-1 win, West Brom (A) 0-0, Everton (H) 2-1 win, Crystal Palace (A) 2-1 win, Leicester City (H) 1-0 win, Juventus (H) 0-2 loss, Southampton (A) 1-1. As I watched every game fully I know that the wins I got were kind of lucky, at least that's how I feel. Never really dominated a game apart from the home game against Fenerbache in the CL qualifying game which I won 8-3 surprisingly. So the tactics I'm using are as follows: De Gea GK Def, Luke Shaw FB Attack, Rojo+Smalling CD Def, Darmian FB Attack. The idea behind the back 4 is to have the central ones focus on defending and have my fullbacks contributing to attacks on the wings, overlapping and crossing in from deep. The problem I'm facing with this is firstly that Shaw has 10 crossing rating, and whenever him or Darmian gets to a crossing position they just wait until a defender closes them down and then it's either a throw in or a corner for us... It's really frustrating as I have cross from deep set up for both of them, I just want them to cross from deep and find either Rooney or Martial inside the box. Are my fullbacks not capable of doing this? I thought Shaw has a really good crossing ability in real life so I was surprised to see him having 10 in the game. I have a midfield of two and there is not a set spot here as I'm just experimenting each game since I haven't found the best yet, at least that's how I feel. I usually play Schneiderlin as a BWM support since he has 18 tackle and I can tell some games he just intercepts a lot of attacks so I'm happy with that. Next to him is either Herrera(sometimes RPM, sometimes AP support or attack), or Schweinsteiger as DLP support. Then I have Memphis as an IF attack or support at left AML position and on the AMR I'm still not sure but I've tried Mata as AP support or attack or a true Winger like Ashley or even tried Memphis there and Martial on the left. The problem I'm facing here is that Memphis is just wasteful. I've seen a lot of screenshots here and everywhere and basically everyone gets him to at least 7.5 match rating and for me he just doesn't do anything, rarely gets the ball and whenever he does, he cuts in and doesn't find anyone, loses possession easily. I like to play with 2 strikers up front: Martial as AF attack and Wazza as DLF support. As I've never created my own tactics ever I had to read a lot about tactics in general and positions/instructions/roles so I'm not even sure I have the right roles to succeed with the default team I have atm but the way I'm imagining a perfect attack is like this: De Gea -> Darmian/Shaw -> Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin -> either Memphis who cuts in and finds Rooney or Mata or Martial OR Rooney as he comes deep to collect the ball and spread it wide to either Memphis or Mata who is supposed to come in centrally with his AP support role and then one of them finds a through ball to Martial or any of the attackers really and then goal or at least that's a clear cut chance (forgot about the FBs, but as I said whenver they get the ball far up the pitch and have the opportunity to cross in they just wait for a defender to close them down and then we just get the crosses intercepted way too easily.)

I have no idea about team instructions either as nothing seem to have worked so far, I'm mainly trying to play a high tempo attacking football with quick short passes and lots of movement as movement creates spaces that I'm trying to exploit. At least that's how I imagine I could break down a team that parks the bus which has been the case in a couple matches but then they counter me as I leave space behind and that's how they usually scored. I usually have pass to space ticked in with exploiting both flanks but yea... I'm still experimenting but as you can tell nothing seem to have worked so far. I have a Birmingham game at home comming up in the Capital Cup 1st round so I have a game to experiment again that's why I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.

Are my instructions/roles wrong? Can this team of players not perform the way I imagine it? Is it a problem that I never have the same tactics for two games in a row and it provides inconsistency?

Anyways, looking forward to your suggestions and thanks!

edit: some things I forgot: sometimes I have lots of team instructions on, like even 12-15. I've read that simplicity could work better and so just use a couple but I'm not sure...

And to be fair I should be happy with the results I got in the league so far as I've had 7 injuries at the start of the season including Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Depay, Rooney... In that west brom game away I used Borthwick Jackson, Tuanzebe and McNair in the back 4... and in the other away draw against Soton Schneiderlin got sent off in the 54th minute and even after we had 1-2 chances. But then again I'm not happy with the way we play and the lack of chances created...

1.) Is the default squad you get at the start of the game capable of winning the league and progressing well into the CL?

I would say yes and that's based on what i've seen in this thread alone and my experiences of playing with. It will be tough though but just playing as utd now myself I went to sign a good centre half and a right winger as I dont personally rate Valencia, Young isn't going be decent for much longer and there aren't any academy prospects ready to step up in the next 18 months (Januzaj being the exception)

2.) I'm watching every game on full so they take 30 minutes at least or maybe even more (time flies by so quickly when you play FM), as I'm trying to make my own tactics and I want to see how my players are doing. The problems I'm facing is basically the same as the team has in real life: can't create much chances, very few clear cut chances. The results I've had so far are: Newcastle (H) 2-1 win, West Brom (A) 0-0, Everton (H) 2-1 win, Crystal Palace (A) 2-1 win, Leicester City (H) 1-0 win, Juventus (H) 0-2 loss, Southampton (A) 1-1. As I watched every game fully I know that the wins I got were kind of lucky, at least that's how I feel. Never really dominated a game apart from the home game against Fenerbache in the CL qualifying game which I won 8-3 surprisingly. So the tactics I'm using are as follows: De Gea GK Def, Luke Shaw FB Attack, Rojo+Smalling CD Def, Darmian FB Attack. The idea behind the back 4 is to have the central ones focus on defending and have my fullbacks contributing to attacks on the wings, overlapping and crossing in from deep. The problem I'm facing with this is firstly that Shaw has 10 crossing rating, and whenever him or Darmian gets to a crossing position they just wait until a defender closes them down and then it's either a throw in or a corner for us... It's really frustrating as I have cross from deep set up for both of them, I just want them to cross from deep and find either Rooney or Martial inside the box. Are my fullbacks not capable of doing this? I thought Shaw has a really good crossing ability in real life so I was surprised to see him having 10 in the game. I have a midfield of two and there is not a set spot here as I'm just experimenting each game since I haven't found the best yet, at least that's how I feel. I usually play Schneiderlin as a BWM support since he has 18 tackle and I can tell some games he just intercepts a lot of attacks so I'm happy with that. Next to him is either Herrera(sometimes RPM, sometimes AP support or attack), or Schweinsteiger as DLP support. Then I have Memphis as an IF attack or support at left AML position and on the AMR I'm still not sure but I've tried Mata as AP support or attack or a true Winger like Ashley or even tried Memphis there and Martial on the left. The problem I'm facing here is that Memphis is just wasteful. I've seen a lot of screenshots here and everywhere and basically everyone gets him to at least 7.5 match rating and for me he just doesn't do anything, rarely gets the ball and whenever he does, he cuts in and doesn't find anyone, loses possession easily. I like to play with 2 strikers up front: Martial as AF attack and Wazza as DLF support. As I've never created my own tactics ever I had to read a lot about tactics in general and positions/instructions/roles so I'm not even sure I have the right roles to succeed with the default team I have atm but the way I'm imagining a perfect attack is like this: De Gea -> Darmian/Shaw -> Schweinsteiger/Schneiderlin -> either Memphis who cuts in and finds Rooney or Mata or Martial OR Rooney as he comes deep to collect the ball and spread it wide to either Memphis or Mata who is supposed to come in centrally with his AP support role and then one of them finds a through ball to Martial or any of the attackers really and then goal or at least that's a clear cut chance (forgot about the FBs, but as I said whenver they get the ball far up the pitch and have the opportunity to cross in they just wait for a defender to close them down and then we just get the crosses intercepted way too easily.)

I have no idea about team instructions either as nothing seem to have worked so far, I'm mainly trying to play a high tempo attacking football with quick short passes and lots of movement as movement creates spaces that I'm trying to exploit. At least that's how I imagine I could break down a team that parks the bus which has been the case in a couple matches but then they counter me as I leave space behind and that's how they usually scored. I usually have pass to space ticked in with exploiting both flanks but yea... I'm still experimenting but as you can tell nothing seem to have worked so far. I have a Birmingham game at home comming up in the Capital Cup 1st round so I have a game to experiment again that's why I thought I'd ask you guys for some advice.

Are my instructions/roles wrong? Can this team of players not perform the way I imagine it? Is it a problem that I never have the same tactics for two games in a row and it provides inconsistency?

Anyways, looking forward to your suggestions and thanks!

edit: some things I forgot: sometimes I have lots of team instructions on, like even 12-15. I've read that simplicity could work better and so just use a couple but I'm not sure...

And to be fair I should be happy with the results I got in the league so far as I've had 7 injuries at the start of the season including Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Depay, Rooney... In that west brom game away I used Borthwick Jackson, Tuanzebe and McNair in the back 4... and in the other away draw against Soton Schneiderlin got sent off in the 54th minute and even after we had 1-2 chances. But then again I'm not happy with the way we play and the lack of chances created...

I recommend this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/366111-How-to-Play-FM-A-Twelve-Step-Guide. It is a great place to start to get your mentality, team shape and player roles right. Tbh I've found tactics are more difficult to get right since 16.2, others may disagree but the update destroyed my tactic and I've spent a few days recently trying to recreate my tactics in a way that works. Other people on here you should read whenever they post: WWFAN, CLEON, THE HAND OF GOD... and I'm sure there are many more as well but they are ones I read regularly.

Making your own tactics is difficult and time consuming. I find the tactic creator frustrating tbh, it's easier to get a real life team to do what you want them to do rather than an FM team (trust me I know). Once you get used to tactical instructions (rather than what you believe the rather 'wooley' descriptions are telling you) and what they ACTUALLY do to your team in a match - and that will change every update! which the above mentioned article and posters will help you with you will get there.

My top tip is to have a throw away save, and work on the tactics until they are doing what you want them to then take them into the main save and see how they work out and make tweaks from there. PPL may say that's not how real life managers do it, but then again real life managers are able to watch their players train with their tactics and instructions and make tweaks in the build up to the match based on what they see in training!

Good Luck

What would you say are this years must buy hot prospects on FM 16 ?

Many of the signings shown on the previous posts are the hot prospects for this years game e.g. Ajer, Zivkovic, Calleri, Balic, Felipe, Tielemens, Diaz...

Also currently at the club: Martial, Depay, Shaw, Gribbin, Januzaj...

Just finished my 3rd season and what a season it was, won every trophy available losing only 1 game all season that being against...Norwich! tbh i do find them bizarrely irritating to play for whatever reason, anyway my unbeaten league run ended at 61 games away at Norwich but the league was won at a canter nonetheless finishing up like this:

5tSLUx.png

My goals scored and conceded were remarkably similar to the previous season, i scored 120 last season compared to 119 this but conceded 4 fewer this time round so my +94 goal difference is my new best to date. Memorable away victorys at Chelsea (4-2) City (0-1) and Arsenal (4-2) on top of drubbings to all those at home were the highlights, The title was won by about january tbh but the race for those top 4 places was interesting viewing as the season played out. Annoyingly City scraped into the top 4 by winning on the last day, Liverpool were basically 3rd all season until a poor ending which allowed City and West ham of all teams to claim champions league spots. Arsenal were horrendous all season and sacked Martinez in March and replaced him with...PEP! paying Bayern a 20 million compo package for good measure, anyway unsurprisingly they ended pretty strongly under Guadiola and actually hammered the champions league favourites Madrid 6-3 in peps first match in the champions league quarter finals.

This is probably the first FM ive played where i can safely say all my rivals are getting stronger the longer i go into the game, in previous versions i used to find the AI controlled teams to be really poor in the transfer market and after about 3 seasons all have really horrible looking unbalanced squads and it became pointless to carry on but on this version i actually think its going to get harder for me to dominate to such an extent. Chelsea have been strong from the start and although ive now built up a dominant H2H record against them (and Mourinho who hates me!) and won all of the last 5 meetings they are still the side i least enjoy playing, and still the team i most often have to beat to win cup finals, they like last season again were the ones standing in my way in the FA cup final, ill screenshot the result but it was a tough battle that i just edged. City have been pretty average since i started this save but have built up an incredible squad on my game, They have a striking roster that includes Aguero, Icardi, Vietto and Benzema (good luck keeping all them happy!) since Real Madrid had a january firesale and so kindly decided to flog Benzema and Gareth Bale to my direct rivals City and Chelsea, Madrid had already signed Lewandowski from Bayern so Benzema was getting no games and Bale for whatever reason didnt kick a ball at Madrid from day 1 of this save and Chelsea got him for a cut price 25 million! Im interested to see how Arsenal get along under Pep next season, Chelsea as said are still managed by Jose and Joachim Low is currently Citys boss after they sacked Pellegrini then simeone and then Rudi Garcia i think.

Anyway the summary of my 3rd season:

e5s0mN.png

FJKKWG.png

duOCTn.png

That champions league final was farcical really, i completely dominated the match as the stats show and somehow managed to be holding on in the end! Psg were awful and didnt register a shot in the first hour of the game by which time id had 24! then veratti got sent off and i was cruising to the end until somehow Barbosa gets on the end of a cross and in a match they were never in i was crapping myself for the last 5 mins, if theyd had won that or even taken it to extra time it would have been a travesty, complete opposite to the FA cup final victory over chelsea where that could have gone either way PSG were very poor and i was shocked how easy it was and i how dominant i was, yet if theres 1 thing ive learned playing this its your team generally needs the best part of 20 most shots to get the same reward as the opposition...

Star players for me were..well basically everyone! i cant say anyone had a poor season really and ended up with 3 players having ratings over 8.0 over the entire season, goals were well spread out with 5 players scoring 20 or more i think, ill screenshot my player stats in a sec to check that! but if i had to say who was my stand out performer id go with Neymar fantastic stats and consistent performances even though Luke Shaw ended the season setting a new average rating record of 8.22 over the course of a league season.

Player stats:

TnN1uP.png

hRdWqB.png

dZx6lm.png

Coming into the summer window and bar finding some crazy potential regens i dont see myself making any signings, the only spot i can realistically strengthen is at right back where Matteo Darmain has had a terrible season only averaging 7.70 across the season...thats literally the weakest area of my team with an ageing yet somehow ridiculously performing Valencia as cover. trouble is with Arsenal not even entertaining bids of 80 million for Bellerin (id never pay that anyway i was just testing to see how much they wanted) and Danilo having signed a new 250k a week deal with Madrid i dont see who else there is worth replacing Darmian with, tbf he has been excellent for me and i have a brilliant 17 year old argentine regen joining im the summer who will be ready to replace him inside the next 2 years anyway.

My squad is:

De Gea/Donorumma

Darmian/Valencia

Stones/Smalling

Laporte/Jones

Shaw/Robertson

Pogba/Renato Sanches

Tielemans/Thiago Maia

Zivkovic/Embolo

James Rodriguez/Lincoln

Neymar/Depay

Dybala/Martial

If anyone can recommend anyway i can strengthen than please do.

Not sure how much longer i will carry this save on atm im still enjoying it and have things to achieve like the club world cup etc but with little way of improving my team and with a whole host of amazing youngsters coming through im not sure where more i can go with it, 1 defeat in my last 97 matches in all competitions is a record i will take pride in though.

Interested to see how you set your 4231 up mate?

I'm losing the love for this game, bit by bit.

Interested to see how you set your 4231 up mate?

I'm losing the love for this game, bit by bit.

Sure mate:

X7ufRA.png

Thats my basic set up but tbh it changes on a match to match basis, the roles and duties depend on the match, the opposition and obviously the player but thats basically how i line it up, theres a few screenshots of my team instructions a little further up the page if you wanted a bit more detail if it helps at all.

You say youre losing the love for it this year may i ask why? is there something you're specifically struggling with? the most irritating thing i find with this version is the number of times the oppositions keeper will have a man of the match performance against you regardless whether they are even actually any good! at times it feels like you need to have 30 shots just to scored twice where as the opposition will score that many from 5 with vastly inferior players.

who is Bergkamp?

His real name is andrija balic. i nicknamed him bergkamp as i was following cleons invincibles thread. i bought him from hadjuck for 6.75 million. decent player and plenty of time to develop

Mentioned it another thread but one bit of business I did at the start of my game was to bin off Fellaini (not for much admittedly, only £9m) and get in Javi Martinez from Bayern for around £30m.

Not only can he fill in at DC if needed he's brilliant in the MC position in my 4-2-3-1 as a ball winner with a support duty. If you play a pressing game he's immense :thup:

End of second season...

Screen_Shot_2016_01_19_at_09_38_34.jpg

Wonderful Septuple!

Screen_Shot_2016_01_19_at_09_41_08.jpg

Paulo Dybala, Anthony Martial, Gabriel Barbosa, Andriy Yarmolenko, Marco Reus & Goncalo Guedes all with 15+ goals. Top drawer.

No major new signings for season 3 apart from Schneiderlin out and Gotze in on a free. Appointed Roy Keane as my AM too.

@chasefailey isnt martinez really injury prone dont wanna jinx you but he is likely do a cruciate

@chad2336 can i see your transfers mate. wanna sign some of same players. utds attack is so limp at min for me. if rooney doesnt score i generally lose or draw

Sure mate:

X7ufRA.png

Thats my basic set up but tbh it changes on a match to match basis, the roles and duties depend on the match, the opposition and obviously the player but thats basically how i line it up, theres a few screenshots of my team instructions a little further up the page if you wanted a bit more detail if it helps at all.

You say youre losing the love for it this year may i ask why? is there something you're specifically struggling with? the most irritating thing i find with this version is the number of times the oppositions keeper will have a man of the match performance against you regardless whether they are even actually any good! at times it feels like you need to have 30 shots just to scored twice where as the opposition will score that many from 5 with vastly inferior players.

Where do i start.Like you say,every second game the opposition keepers have amazing games, constantly getting 8.5 ratings.Fullbacks who don't know how to cross the ball unless they cut back on to their weaker foot(WHY?),or even better having acres of space to cross to at least 2/3 players in the box but instead waiting to get closed down.Strikers who will only take a shot at goal once they have 2 defenders sitting on top of them or through on goal but decide to slow down and get tackled from behind,and my ultimate favourite is the second balls always being won by the opposition anywhere on the pitch.

I've just lost 1-2 away to Napoli in the last 16 of the champions league 1st leg so i'm a bit grumpy.Their keeper had an 8.0 rating and Pogba lost the ball in midfield which fell ever so kindly to their left winger who hit a pin point cross to the striker who sneaked in at the back post for a tap in.Just another day at the FM office.

Where do i start.Like you say,every second game the opposition keepers have amazing games, constantly getting 8.5 ratings.Fullbacks who don't know how to cross the ball unless they cut back on to their weaker foot(WHY?),or even better having acres of space to cross to at least 2/3 players in the box but instead waiting to get closed down.Strikers who will only take a shot at goal once they have 2 defenders sitting on top of them or through on goal but decide to slow down and get tackled from behind,and my ultimate favourite is the second balls always being won by the opposition anywhere on the pitch.

I've just lost 1-2 away to Napoli in the last 16 of the champions league 1st leg so i'm a bit grumpy.Their keeper had an 8.0 rating and Pogba lost the ball in midfield which fell ever so kindly to their left winger who hit a pin point cross to the striker who sneaked in at the back post for a tap in.Just another day at the FM office.

From what youve said i take it like me you tend to favour watching the full match? watching can be highly frustrating seeing players do utterly ridiculous things and all those things you mentioned happen on a regular basis to me as well, i think the games match engine is just pretty naff and its something you have to try and accept as much as you can unfortunately, the players slowing down when they get through on goal thing is ridiculous and so is having a striker with lightning speed in on goal and a defender from 20 yards behind with pace stats below 14 catching him up but like i say unfortunately thats just the match engine being a bit crap.

What season are you in? all i can suggest is keep going because it does get easier, your team will get better the further into the game you go and of course you naturally buy better players every season, but trust me youre not alone with those frustrations and its not just you as i say all that stuff happens regularly for everyone i imagine.

Something really does need to be done about opposition keepers though because that is ridiculous, whether thats the games way of trying to make things tougher i dont know but it definitely feels like its getting worse in my game, ive just had 44 shots against some crappy greek side and amassed a total of 2 goals...thats with supposedly world class players with excellent finishing stats, but they clearly werent up to the standard of the mighty greek 17 year old keeper i faced whos highest stat is 11!...and that was his kicking rating!

@chasefailey isnt martinez really injury prone dont wanna jinx you but he is likely do a cruciate

He's out for two months at the start of the game but I've had no issues with him since.

He's going to be out for 6 months the next time I boot up the game now isn't he :(

4h6xZc.png

In a game full of high potential centre backs this kid tops the lot i think, for some reason there seems to be more amazing centre back regens than any other position in my save but this guy is a must buy i think, only 17 and already in the Schalke 1st team starting champions league games, usually with most amazing potential regens they have 1 major physical floor most commonly their jumping reach i find which is obviously a key stat for a CB but this guy has brilliant stats at such a young age and well rounded ones. Quick, strong, high concentration for such a young age as well as the obvious defensive requirements, just have to wait a bit longer to sign him as hes just signed a new deal with Schalke and currently doesnt want to leave..i can wait ;)

tQ9dWM.png

7KfK9R.png

5hpIsz.png

Well finally the 10 year monopoly of Messi and Ronaldo owning the Ballon d'Or is over! well deserved too Neymar has been consistently outstanding for me, cant help but think Its going to be Luke Shaws soon given his ridiculous average rating stats already this season over all comps its 8.32! full backs are really overpowered in this game ive got Antonio Valencia average over 8 for the last 4 seasons :lol:

Delighted to have 5 of my team in the fifa team of the year although Chris Smallings inclusion is a bit bizarre seeing as hes my 3rd choice centre half behind Stones and Laporte...and im not quite sure what De Gea has to do to get in these teams seeing as his rating is better than Neuers every year and every year Neuer gets in...

Well this is undoubtedly my most successful save in any FM ive ever played by a distance and im really enjoying it, currently on a 74 match all competitions unbeaten run stretching back over a year since that 2-1 away defeat to Norwich, which remains my only defeat in any match since a champions league group game loss at Shakhtar midway through season 2 and im currently midway through season 4...Ive lost 1 in my last 139 matches, not quite sure how because ive never been great at these games it must be my lucky year! the last FM i played was 13 and i really struggled couldnt get any of my tactics to work and didnt even manage to complete a season before my laptop broke down and i gave up! i was useless so something seems to have clicked in 16 which is nice for a change.

ht8ZTM.png

3SgSiD.png

ae4uFs.png

That one game i didnt win in the league so far away at Arsenal was...well.

ra4JTE.png

Robbed.

I think Mourinhos lost the plot..?

NCNa40.png

He is and has been by far Chelseas best player from day 1 of this save, and no he hasnt been injured just got injured or been out for any other reason, utterly bizarre why theyve left him out of their champions league squad, shame i have no need for him hes a beast and has constantly had great games against me, might make a bid just to unsettle him see if i cant make things even more tense there be nice to get him out of Chelsea and abroad somewhere. Yeah Jose and i dont get along on this save so say the least!

1 week before the Charity Shield match against Man City at the start of the 3rd season and i get a news item from an agent.

Normally i ignore these but i happened to catch the transfer amount was set at £0. Decided to look at the item properly and after a week of waiting i signed Mario Gotze on a free following his release from Bayern

Seriously WTF is going on in my save??I've just sat through the most boring 0-0 draw versus Chelsea and then this is the rest of the games played on the same day

MJTNikk.png?1

That didn't last long, Gotze torn his hamstring in his 3rd match and is now out for 4 months.

Doesn't really change anything as Odegaard is 1st choice AMC

Well things have gone worse for me on these games..

6LEje8.png

And Benitez has just been handed his arse.

PMvK6t.png

About to finish my 4th season just have the FA and champions league finals to play against Tottenham and CSKA Moscow respectively, to say its been my best season in FM history is a bit of an understatement but ill post a summary tomorrow.

Did anyone manage to create a tactics that works well without major tweaking during season and would be willing to screenshoot it? I find FM16 the most frustrating in the series since i play FM. I am in my first season and have default squad + rugani and they play like crap. Just like IRL.

Just finished season 4 and was literally 2 draws away from having THE perfect season, team won every single game in every competition bar 1 league match (away at Arsenal drew 2-2) and 1 champions league group match (away at porto drew 0-0) outside of that i watched on in amazement as my team did something ive never been close to doing before, won all 7 trophies on offer and currently on a 105 match all competitions unbeaten run and 46 match winning streak. Not sure i even want to do another season with this save as theres only one way it can go! not sure what else i can really achieve on this now bar developing/waiting for the regens to take over the game which ive never seen before as i usually dont go past 3 seasons in these games.

Anyway Season screenshots:

mROQOZ.png

E7gWvP.png

opMWSH.png

9jqHY7.png

fxRLYs.png

Overall season record:

Played 67

Won 65

Drew 2

Lost 0

I really Hate Arsenal for that draw! Doubt ill ever have anything like that sort of season again tbh but its one for my archives :)

Anyway dont anticipate much transfer activity for the second summer in a row bar finding the odd crazy regen, ive got an incredible Swiss regen with a terrible name it has to be said who im most excited about, just turned 19 had an amazing loan in france where he finished with something like 30 goals which for a 18 year old is fantastic.

hLBFs3.png

Oh and Donorumma is now seriously staking a claim for being better than De gea and hes still only 20, have a decision to make soon:

eDv8Ua.png

Right,so after almost binning this game because my tactics were too flaky I had a good look/read through all the forums and had another go at making a stable formation that defended solidly but also offered something in the attacking department.

Q6kvRzR.png?1

BGOtubX.png?1

Most of this is taken from Cleons possession thread but i wanted more attacking thrust and not just ball retention and this is the end result(so far so good).

rGMxbeL.png?1

Nicely positioned to push away from City as we did this to them in our last game.

prMZuNS.png?1

Stones or Rugani? Looking to form a partnership that we had back when Vidic and Rio were in their prime so a Limited Defender and Ball-Playing Defender

Well this is strange , ive just completed my first season in charge of united , managed to win the league and champions league. Now starting second season and Rooney comes up saying he wants to leave for a champions league club. turns out im not in it or the euorpa league lol. Anyone else had this bug slightly annoying considering its the first season ive managed to complete without giving up lol

Does anyone else see these saves with 100-game unbeaten runs and win-every-game seasons and think, "Yeah, okay"?

Could anyone a few years into the save post a pic of Shaw's stats? I'm interested to see how much he actually improves.

Does anyone else see these saves with 100-game unbeaten runs and win-every-game seasons and think, "Yeah, okay"?

Could anyone a few years into the save post a pic of Shaw's stats? I'm interested to see how much he actually improves.

Not that hard to be honest. If you play a couple of seasons and buy good players, the AI should **** themselves up enough for you to easily win almost every game. It's the game's biggest weakness. Saves aren't fun after a few years because it gets really easy. I'm playing with Marseille and in my second season I'm unbeaten after 20-odd games in the league, beating Barcelona home and away in the CL and just easing through the season.

Decided to post after my 1st season in charge. Since starting my saves, I just wanna keep things simple and realistic as possible. Had a very good set up for man utd team with youths(for the future) and quality players coming in. I don't usually like going for superstars, but what I'm looking for is quality players to built my kingdom.

Here is after 1st season:

2r3iaro.png

wu10.png

A walkthrough how the season goes:

The tactics/formations was 4-4-2, used this for most of all my FM games on a Control and Very Fluid mentalily/team shape. T.I is lower tempo and pass into space. I could have put Memphis instead of Malcom, but he's unable to make the cross from the left on regular basis cos he's a right footer. So he will be rotated for Reus. others on the subs are Valdes, Darmian, Rojo, Herrera, Schweinsteiger, Carrick, Fellaini, Young, Gimenez (loan), McNair, Barbosa and Pratto (all will be rotated).

------------------------------------De Gea(GK def)----------------------------------

------------------------Smalling(CD def)--------Zouma(BPD cov)-------Shaw(FB sup)-

--M.Fernandes(WB att)---------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------Schneiderlin(CM def)------------------------

----------------------Mata(AP att)---------------------------------------------------

-Reus(WM sup)-------------------------------------------------------Malcom(W att)-

-----------------Rooney(DLF sup)----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------Morata(poacher att)-------------------------

Somwhere after the New Year, I changed and tweaked a few things in the tactic/formation set up. WB att to FB att, WM sup to W sup, CM def to CM sup and add "look for overlaps" shout. Changes will be made in player roles, T.I and mentality during game due to oppositions strategies. That's how I won most my games.

It's not easy to play Swansea (home), Watford (away) and West Ham (away on 2 different cup matches). Swansea was 3rd in the league during the 1st half of the season so they in top form. Watford was doing their defensive-support metality on their home ground and I have trouble facing them. West Ham was up for those 2 cup matches (league cup and F.A cup) as they keep on changing mentalities during the game, relying Enner Valecia to make wonders.

Massive wins against Chelsea (away on league cup quarter final), Arsenal (home) and Lyon (champion's league semi final). Beat 5-1 at Stamford Bridge as Morata scored a hat-trick. Beat Arsenal 4-3 scoring 2 goals in 3mins and 2 goals in 2mins respectively. Beat Lyon at home and away on 7-0 agg.

Last 2 games of the season was where I let AssMan Roy Keane took charge. We lost 1-0 to Chelsea in F.A cup final and won 1-0 against Barcelona in Champion's League final.

Anthony Martial scored 29 goals, Alvaro Morata with 30 goals and Rooney with 26 goals in a season.

The transfers:

29f2hl4.png

A blend of youths and quality players. constant performers were Malcom, Zouma, Reus, Barbosa, Mario fernandes and Morata from my transfers, mostly on upfont payments and 24-48 monthly instalments.

2 months before season ends, Malcom injured 8-9months, but luckily, I have Andrija Zivkovic to step up and he's been doing wonders for me.

Season ends:

125nhnd.png

Next target for 2nd season is to get more youth to 1st team. I don't look to buy superstars as what others have been doing, but I think rather than breaking the bank for players, I would go for young players with potential qualities for the future.

The 2016/17 transfers:

2ceh51.png

jgjvnk.png

Decided to get rid of Mata, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Pratto, Young and Valdes as I have no places for them and I want to get youth players in. Initially, I thought of buying Pogba and Juventus are asking 70-90million. But I found that Thomas Lemar could be 1 for the future instead. The board gave me 170million for transfers but I will use it wisely. Looking to sell Rooney and Herrera too.

If u guys have any young players to recommend, let me know. I'm starting my pre-season now.

Cheers...

T.B.C.

Young is my Highest average rated player for some reason :lol:

you got Carillo as well, tell me how he works out for you, given him a run while Ziyech was injured :( and wasn't sure.

Young is my Highest average rated player for some reason :lol:

you got Carillo as well, tell me how he works out for you, given him a run while Ziyech was injured :( and wasn't sure.

Tried him out during in the pre-season, he's doing okay so far. The 2nd season just started, so will try him few more run of games..