Sports Interactive Community
forameuss

[FM16] If I had a Nicol for every goal, I'd have just over six dollars

So with that, the run-down is looking like so. Australian leagues loaded up, but unfortunately New Zealand was still unavailable, along with all other Oceania nations. So I won't manage to get all 18. If you count continental super cups, I'd be beyond that I suppose, so I'm not too bothered.

Next up, I'll be aiming to pick up the Gold Cup and Copa America trophies, leaving me a free run on Europe.

World

FIFA World Cup

FIFA World Club Cup

FIFA Confederations Cup

Africa

African Champions League

African Cup of Nations

CAF Confederations Cup

Asia

Asian Champions League

Asian Nations Cup

AFC Cup

North America

CONCACAF Champions League

CONCACAF Gold Cup

South America

Copa Libertadores

Copa America

Copa Sudamericana

Europe

UEFA Champions League

UEFA European Championships

UEFA Europa League

Oceania

Oceanic Nations Cup - Unavailable

I jeffing love this career. Congratz on another trophy... I can't wait for the Juventus days either...

So, Tom McGarry... absent from the squad nowadays following the World Cup, prior to which he had an incredible record of 116 caps and 116 goals...

Great World Cup campaign, though the knockout stage loss to Italy brings back some bad memories from 2006 :(. In fact, your whole campaign was eerily similar to the actual 2006 campaign!

First game - 2102: 1-0 win vs Wales - 2006: 3-1 win vs Japan

Second game - 2102: 3-2 loss vs Netherlands - 2006: 2-0 loss vs Brazil

Third game - 2102: 2-2 draw vs Chile - 2006: 2-2 draw vs Croatia

Group standings - 2102: 2nd with 4 points and +2 GD, 2006: 2nd with 4 points and +2 GD

Round of 16 - 2102: 4-1 loss vs Italy - 2006: 1-0 loss vs Italy!

McGarry's goalscoring record is awesome, what a legend (despite being born in New Zealand) :cool:

The Asian Cup is 24 teams from 2019 onwards - you have a strange one though, hosted by tiny Guam (who are technically a US territory), and they're not even in the tournament! Your match with Qatar had 700 attendees and your second round game was played at a country club :D. Odd scheduling too, all Group A teams played on the 19th and then again on the 20th.

What a tournament though! 38 goals for, 8 goals conceded in 7 games. Utterly dominant! Great tournament for Johnson too with 17 in 7 :applause:. On track to match McGarry! I love that he was born in Mudgee as well, a rural NSW town with less than 10,000 inhabitants.

Congrats on the trophy - just the North/South American ones to go then onto Europe!

Shame that NZ is still unavailable. I agree with numbas though, looking forward to Nicol's homecoming at Juventus! Keep up the good work - truly brilliant career and save. :thup:

I'm happy to tell you that you have almost there to finish Bobby Nicol's career!:D Exciting way to see Australia coming home with the trophy!

I suggest that for OFC nations like New Zealand, let's wait for another time because I think you might get fortune on another North American team like Mexico or probably United States. After this, coach a good European club or nation to win the last piece of it before getting the World Championships later on. Keep up the good work!:)

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 - If I had a Nicol for every time I've scored, I'd have about six dollars

The Octadecagon Experiment

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

Xh07HIc.png

Ha.....no.

pThsFaq.png

But this is very interesting. For some reason, the Mexican manager left his role. On investigation, looks as though he left to fill the vacant Real Madrid role, leaving his Mexico role ahead of the Gold Cup and Copa America double in the summer.

S2gzdKH.png

Hp6XfSQ.png

This is the big one. We can definitely cross off the Gold Cup from the list, but we also have a small chance of getting the Copa America too. It used to be that you could name a similar squad for both, but instead the Copa America will be our B team. With some creative squad handling, and a hefty dose of luck, we could well cross off both in the next few months. Exciting times.

But anyway, it's off to Mexico for a few months.

So, Tom McGarry... absent from the squad nowadays following the World Cup, prior to which he had an incredible record of 116 caps and 116 goals...

Yeah, that's actually something I forgot to cover (the main issue with being so far behind). All my coaches were dead against handing Tom a space in the squad. Despite being absolutely dominant for Australia, his career had hit the skids a little at club level. He hadn't played for a long time, and only secured a move away from Manchester City during the January window and the Asian Cup itself. It was a tough decision, and I've always been one for sentimentality, but back in the days where I put an ageing Peter Dailly into my World Cup squad for one last hurrah, I didn't really have anyone markedly better. For the Asian Cup I had Johnson and Brennan, which ended up being like bringing a bomb to a knife fight.

Great World Cup campaign, though the knockout stage loss to Italy brings back some bad memories from 2006 :(. In fact, your whole campaign was eerily similar to the actual 2006 campaign!

First game - 2102: 1-0 win vs Wales - 2006: 3-1 win vs Japan

Second game - 2102: 3-2 loss vs Netherlands - 2006: 2-0 loss vs Brazil

Third game - 2102: 2-2 draw vs Chile - 2006: 2-2 draw vs Croatia

Group standings - 2102: 2nd with 4 points and +2 GD, 2006: 2nd with 4 points and +2 GD

Round of 16 - 2102: 4-1 loss vs Italy - 2006: 1-0 loss vs Italy!

McGarry's goalscoring record is awesome, what a legend (despite being born in New Zealand) :cool:

The Asian Cup is 24 teams from 2019 onwards - you have a strange one though, hosted by tiny Guam (who are technically a US territory), and they're not even in the tournament! Your match with Qatar had 700 attendees and your second round game was played at a country club :D. Odd scheduling too, all Group A teams played on the 19th and then again on the 20th.

What a tournament though! 38 goals for, 8 goals conceded in 7 games. Utterly dominant! Great tournament for Johnson too with 17 in 7 :applause:. On track to match McGarry! I love that he was born in Mudgee as well, a rural NSW town with less than 10,000 inhabitants.

Congrats on the trophy - just the North/South American ones to go then onto Europe!

Shame that NZ is still unavailable. I agree with numbas though, looking forward to Nicol's homecoming at Juventus! Keep up the good work - truly brilliant career and save. :thup:

These are the bits I love about careers, when you can draw parallels like this rather than just being a straight talking through of how things went.

Very, very interesting about the World Cup parallels. Unfortunately 96 years later we couldn't hold Italy to 1-0, but as I said I was happy to take that with one eye on the Asian Cup. Would you say the Asian Cup itself is a bit bugged then? The scheduling did strike me as weird, loads of games one day (although it was a Saturday, maybe relevant?) then not too many games on others. In my haste to just batter through games, I didn't even notice the small details like being in Guam, or attendances, cheers for pointing them out.

And the little details about Johnson being born in a tiny rural town...that's the sort of stuff I miss when I'm doing these long challenge-based saves. I'm missing just sticking with one team and watching players grow. Unfortunately, I'm unlikely to ever meet Johnson again in the life of this save.

I'm happy to tell you that you have almost there to finish Bobby Nicol's career!:D Exciting way to see Australia coming home with the trophy!

I suggest that for OFC nations like New Zealand, let's wait for another time because I think you might get fortune on another North American team like Mexico or probably United States. After this, coach a good European club or nation to win the last piece of it before getting the World Championships later on. Keep up the good work!:)

You're almost psychic - Mexico it is, then hopefully a South American nation, then back to club football. I'll be keeping my eyes out for a potential Europa League side too, as I think it would be a better option to concentrate solely on that competition with one side, rather than hope the stars align for a double with another club.

We'll see how things go.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 - If I had a Nicol for every time I've scored, I'd have about six dollars

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

So what do have in store for the spring of 2103?

1JUkKWc.png

Oh. Hardly the big start I thought we'd have, but then neither of the summer tournaments have been scheduled yet. So to fill out the post, here's the squad I've picked for these two games.

ZEtcAzH.png

6BOuz0Q.png

Looking at the squad as a collective, we're certainly strongest in the middle. I'm really favouring 4-4-2 at the moment, but before a ball is kicked, it looks like some variation of 4-5-1 may be the way to go. Perhaps 4-4-1-1. We shall see.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

N6WT62C.png

Not quite the solid start I hoped for, but we beat old foes South Korea (how much do they hate the sight of me by now?).

SHvDuMr.png

A better result here. A South American side too - albeit a weaker one - which bodes well for the Copa America.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

vldXeEY.png

M5kTc2L.png

A much more managable tournament in North America, with only twelve sides participating. Of course, that means that we still have some uneven brackets, and two of the three third placed sides will take their place in the next round. Two-thirds of the tournament teams will make the quarter finals. Same ratio as the Euros, but seems worse in such a small tournament.

Anyway, we shouldn't be relying on anything like that. We're comfortably the best side in the group, and we should be looking at an Australia-like group stage where we absolutely sword everyone out of the way. I'm wanting ten goals a game here.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

caTRwk5.png

Another friendly, and another win, this time against fairly decent European opposition. Almost a shame that I'll be very unlikely to be around for the World Cup, as I think we'd have a decent chance of going far. They've won it before after all.

But next up it's the Copa America, which I'll cover briefly given I only parachuted in my control before the opening match.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

Copa America Group Stage

CGXJOin.png

GDH0bMw.png

01KT3Dt.png

Well, well, well.

We were not too bad against Brazil, but in the end that was even more disappointing, as we could have gotten something from them. We did get something from our other two games though - two wins. Colombia were fairly recently the highest ranked South American side in the World, and we beat them with our B team.

Could we actually do this?

VTlASFr.png

I think we actually could...

The draw sees us avoid traditional powerhouses Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay, with Peru and either Bolivia or Paraguay standing in our way.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

Gold Cup Squad Announcement

FyxYlt1.png

eDuEBcU.png

No excuses. With a squad like this, we really have to leave with the trophy.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

Copa America Quarter Final

wPk30Gp.png

It's a stupid tournament anyway, don't even know why we bothered...

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Tuesday 10th July

vHlDJMO.png

Wednesday 11th July

zfIXscO.png

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Thursday 12th July

h4UBFtv.png

Remember me saying Jamaica would be our toughest opposition? Mugs.

KpAISpa.png

Line-ups

Match Ratings

Match Stats

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Friday 13th July

HemamI6.png

Saturday 14th July

bYohULt.png

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Sunday 15th July

wGNNboI.png

Eeeeasy, eeeeeasy, eeeeasy.

Canada on the end of a rolicking, and with Nicaragua losing 5-0 to Jamaica, they must be worried about what we'll do to them. Qualification for the next round now assured, a point will see us top the group. No 10-0, no party.

XjCul8X.png

Line-ups

Match Ratings

Match Stats

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Monday 16th July

eYsKNPp.png

Tuesday 17th July

n8VdQ9O.png

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

Wednesday 18th July

2Iozcvu.png

eTN6ZnE.png

Jesus, guys. I was joking.

Line-ups

Match Ratings

Match Stats

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

PbivzoI.png

No shocks in the group stages, now the real fun begins. To put our goal-scoring exploits into perspective, we scored 14 more than the nearest challengers. Ooft.

RvIPEBs.png

And the draw is kind. We'll avoid both Costa Rica and the USA until the final, with a rematch with Jamaica looking likely in our semi final.

Yay Mexico!

Boo, Mexico.

(although I was going to suggest them, since you can do a Gold Cup-Copa America double with them. :D)

Boo, Mexico.

(although I was going to suggest them, since you can do a Gold Cup-Copa America double with them. :D)

Well I've already ballsed that up :p

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

utXq3oz.png

dUvA7QX.png

All thoughts of being like Australia are out of the window now, and to be honest we're lucky to be getting out of this game with the win. Barbados really defended well, and even after we took the lead they hit back to equalise. Luckily we grabbed the winner nine minutes later. Still, we looked cumbersome going forward, and despite having 23 shots, we didn't get any more goals.

Line-ups

Match Ratings

Match Stats

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

18XzqPr.png

A shock in one of the quarter finals as Costa Rica crash out to the Canadians. That sets up a nice USA/Canada derby (is that a big deal? Jason the Yank...ASSEMBLE!) with the possibility of a USA/Mexico derby in the final. We'll face Jamaica again.

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

SCq2MaL.png

PF9hMKH.png

USA vs Mexico is on, but neither side have really impressed in the knockout stages, particularly here. We were a little more impressive than we were against Barbados, and Jamaica put up a much better fight, but it's worrying ahead of our first real test in the final. If we lose...well, even if I wanted to, I'm not sure I'd get another chance in two years time.

Line-ups

Match Ratings

Match Stats

0p8vDjU.png

mqdefault.jpg

mx@fmf).gif

Chapter 3 Part 13

Yes, we Mexi-can.

CONCACAF Gold Cup 2103

6VKhyo5.png

And if you want an extra bit of needle, that semi-final win broke the record for consecutive games unbeaten in the competition at 66. We can go clear if we win the final with 67, and probably extend it further in two years time.

kS4lnqx.png

8aya7CS.png

lZT2noP.png

fqvjf7G.png

The Kings of the 2-1 win again, and we've stumbled rather than roared over the line. It's another trophy, but in a way it's disappointing that we didn't really drive through this tournament like I did with Australia. Can't really complain of course, a win is a win.

TRaA9cn.png

tJ7q8hs.png

BYK6lZh.png

3smOacn.png

HUWxXVZ.png

You know what this means...

tNaUjDh.png

On to the next project.

mqdefault.jpg

manchester_city_profile.png?itok=Dym374vQ

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

4Epdoci.png

AMLbTZq.png

pWOx7yT.png

Now this, I didn't expect.

In case any of you didn't know, I hate managing in England. When I started out with Championship Manager, I didn't do anything else. I was a Man Utd "fan" (I was young, had an English father, and I liked red) until I realised that I didn't really care that much about them, and would much rather follow a team I could actually see. But I digress, back then I would always manage in England. First it was Utd (CM99/00 through CM01/02, the pinnacle). Then once I fell out and back in with CM as it morphed into FM, I decided to broaden my horizons. Not too much though, still based in England but managing sides like Millwall and Portsmouth to glory from a lower division.

But nowadays, I just find England so...boring. The amount of money sloshing around just doesn't appeal to me, nor does the packed calendar and vanilla "everyone-plays-everyone-twice" league structure. So for the most part, I've avoided it with only a few small exceptions.

But this opportunity is too good to pass up. The current game date has just moved beyond Christmas, so this is a 6 month stint in the job for one purpose only. To win the Europa League.

Oh dear... (I'm a United fan)

How have City fared over the 100+ years in the save?

You were born in the mid-80s I would guess... given your introduction to CM etc is so similar to mine! "The good old days!"

Oh dear... (I'm a United fan)

How have City fared over the 100+ years in the save?

You were born in the mid-80s I would guess... given your introduction to CM etc is so similar to mine! "The good old days!"

87, the only person in my Primary school class to want United to win over Bayern in the famous Champions League final.

Good man. Now for your sake - strictly within this thread - I'm a blue...

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

TYPKDLs.png

So a look at the club's history so far. 18 Champions League titles, which seems mental to me. I know we're around the 90 mark in terms of seasons in this save, but 18 still seems like a huge number to me. Even bigger is the 45 Premier League titles. When you take away the 4 they already had (I'm assuming the old First Division is counted in this), that's close to half the number of available trophies going to them. Dominant.

Still though, they play at the Sterling Park. Ew.

dnTrWGM.png

A very good squad, especially this guy...

fvEMzQO.png

Fabio Amico is comfortably our best player, and he'll be key to our success this year.

PNkaUlQ.png

And here's the run of results that led to the previous manager getting canned. Seems a little harsh given the slight upturn, so I guess he was sacked after the Arsenal game.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

So how did I do in my first games in charge, just before the turn of the New Year.

UisrIiq.png

Oh dear. A pretty poor start, and to be honest I'm struggling to find what the best system is for this team. My standard 4-4-2 doesn't seem to work, so I'll need to keep working at that and do it quickly.

iICQxSp.png

And this is probably a big reason why the previous manager was sacked. We didn't help with our previous two results, but this sort of team shouldn't be lagging so far behind.

rbMlZ8L.png

GKYBuI3.png

Even more so when we found out that we have the Ballon D'Or winner in our side. Fabio Amico totally deserves it, but at the moment I'm not sure we deserve him.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

Transfers

3LvTWBO.png

NAN1hyQ.png

What happens when you're an extremely rich club, in an extremely rich league, and you're struggling? Go Shopping!

Fagner joins us to sit on the opposite wing to Fabio Amico, and hopefully he can be the missing component to our team. Or just be an expensive wage-thief. One or the other.

January Results

qouObl6.png

That result in the cup was massive for us. I know it's against a complete diddy, but after three matches without a win, a bad result there could have really hit us for 6. We then followed that up with our first league win, a hard-fought defeat against Chelsea, and then a great, great win against Brentford, who believe it or not are a great team.

KeEM7au.png

Just to clarify, the board only wanted a mid-table finish, so we're probably good in terms of expectations. To be honest though, if we can win the Europa League, I don't really care if we get relegated. I have no other horse in the race.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

February Results

41OKZRI.png

We move on in the cup with another big win, but it's against another poor team. Would be great to pick up the FA Cup while I'm here, but again it doesn't really matter to me. My opinion changed a little with that draw against Liverpool. I don't think we've got enough to get past them in the replay, nor do I really want to anymore. The less games the better. I'll put out my best team - we win, good, otherwise, meh.

What does matter to me is the Europa League, and we were almost home at the first hurdle. A disappointing 2-0 defeat in Seville was luckily followed up with a wonderful 3-0 win back in Manchester. There's still another 400 rounds to go, so it's early days, but we're still in the game.

s17lJwZ.png

WYI3ttr.png

My job status is secure...jesus, how far have they fallen?

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

March Results

GmJXOq4.png

A mixed month. We're out of the FA Cup after we once again couldn't be separated from Liverpool.

In the league we were rotten again, still struggling to find a system to give us success.

Odd that, because we march on in the Europa League. Didn't concede a goal against Koln, through 4-0 on aggregate into the last 8.

Mc2uQDD.png

This is quite a low. We're now in the relegation zone, and even with three games in hand over most sides, it's a terrible position to be in. Time to really buck our ideas up - we shouldn't be this bad.

N4FWMvK.png

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

April Results

GZuY4nJ.png

That's the sound of turning a corner.

I feared the worst when we drew Tottenham, because we clearly cannot beat anyone in England. Luckily though, the 2-1 first leg defeat was our only one of the month. Arthur Baumgartner put Spurs to the sword in the second leg, turning round that deficit into a 5-2 aggregate win.

Maybe it was just the FA Cup holding us back, because we were unbeaten in the league in a very busy month.

LIymZDZ.png

What a difference a month makes as we climb all the way up to 9th. We've got an outside shot of hitting the Europa League spots, but as long as we finish in that middle zone, I don't care. I fully intend to rest players if we make the Europa League final.

4aml2GA.png

I forgot what this was like.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

May Results

i3TQdfo.png

Against all odds, we're going to the Europa League final. It was a classic in the first leg, but we absolutely stunk the place out in the second. Still, a 1-0 win put us through, and we'll have a shot at the trophy I'm craving at the end of the month.

In the league, we're back to normal, looking OK at times but listless elsewhere. More wins than anything else though, and we're finishing the season far stronger than we started

SST7Vz1.png

We finish 8th, which is great considering just two months ago we were in the relegation zone. Still, for a side of this quality, that's pretty dreadful.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

Europa League Final

v0ysvvr.png

iyZcgn5.png

qgdNXhO.png

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

Europa League Final

pJk31U4.png

J04N5hC.png

Hrg8Gat.png

It had to be Fabio. He got our winner just before half-time, and we happily dragged Ajax through a dreadful second half to hold on for the win.

E0NNkrw.png

EdnoH9N.png

8kLK528.png

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14

Welcome to Manchester

End of Season Round-up

ZXG2lXI.png

q2pzXrs.png

Baffles me slightly that the board are so happy given what the potential of this side is. Still, that Europa League trophy bought me a lot of respect given they expected only a quarter final spot. Plus Fagner ended up being a great signing, despite not being available for any Europa League games after being cup-tied.

But I've done what I came here to do, and as I said earlier, I hate the English Premier League.

QZoRfva.png

giphy.gif

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14.5

Putting myself out there

So with that, the run-down is looking like so. Australian leagues loaded up, but unfortunately New Zealand was still unavailable, along with all other Oceania nations. So I won't manage to get all 18. If you count continental super cups, I'd be beyond that I suppose, so I'm not too bothered.

Next up, I'll be aiming to pick up the Gold Cup and Copa America trophies, leaving me a free run on Europe.

World

FIFA World Cup

FIFA World Club Cup

FIFA Confederations Cup

Africa

African Champions League

African Cup of Nations

CAF Confederations Cup

Asia

Asian Champions League

Asian Nations Cup

AFC Cup

North America

CONCACAF Champions League

CONCACAF Gold Cup

South America

Copa Libertadores

Copa America

Copa Sudamericana

Europe

UEFA Champions League

UEFA European Championships

UEFA Europa League

Oceania

Oceanic Nations Cup - Unavailable

Another updated rundown of where we are, and there's just 6 left to pick up out of the original 17 (thanks Oceania, would've been 18). Still, those contain arguably the toughest. Copa America should be OK, but the rest will be tough. Champions League for obvious reasons. The rest of the tournaments kind of fall into place from there. A Champions League win leaves us favourites for the Club World Cup. If we're with a team that can win the Euros, we should be capable of winning the World Cup and Confederations Cup from there.

But it depends what route we go down really. I did originally want to win the Champions League as the final moment of the save, but I think the international tournaments will be a better finale and bring the career full circle. So I'll be on the lookout ideally for a South American side for the Copa America, or a Champions League side.

Or I could completely change and do something else. Who knows.

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14.5

Putting myself out there

59vZGQz.png

Spain is only marginally above England in the list of places I'd like to manage, although in a different kind of save they might be an interesting one. Barcelona and Real Madrid have been toppled, so it's not the same duopoly it used to be.

xf4c6BV.png

Now this interested me.

I know it shouldn't. I'm a Partick Thistle fan, and as a fan of Glasgow's friendly club (or a fan of any club that isn't Celtic or Rangers) we're almost programmed to dislike the Old Firm. So in a normal save, I probably wouldn't dream of managing either side. But it's attractive here for a few reasons. One, it would be a tough but not impossible slog to get to the Champions League. I'd be the best side in the country on pretty much every level, so I wouldn't need to worry too much about that. And if I could win that 2nd Champions League trophy after so long, it would be a great moment.

CEkuCGB.png

Poj9ynm.png

In the meantime, France came calling, but again it's not one that has ever really grabbed my attention. It should do though, because French clubs have really become a force recently. Not right now though.

STRRzrP.png

What a first interview question that is...not really sure how this has happened, but guessing they've used the Rangers calculator to do their transfers. With decent management, there is no way that a club like Celtic should have a poor financial outlook in Scotland, particularly now it is less of a financial basket case than it was been in the past.

I finished up the interview, but there's more reservations there now than there was before.

gEIwezP.png

Nooooo...

4pmdxMa.png

Nooooo...

Jvopifj.png

Nooooo...

F4AsUka.png

Nooooo...

xbiDjib.png

In the end the decision was taken out of my hands. I probably would have taken it to get a return to Scotland, but the decision was made for me. Fair enough. I'll move on.

But then after that, we ticked over to a summer of international football. Particularly a European Championships. Once that finished...

mqdefault.jpg

Chapter 3 Part 14.5

Putting myself out there

x32Yx88.png

Denmark were the first to make a play for me, but if I'm going to jump into that well, the only minor nation I'll be doing it with is Scotland.

So the rest heard, and piled in their own offers.

JemV9oT.png

Really, that list comes down to two jobs. Spain and Scotland. Spain are a World Champion in the making, and Scotland...are Scotland. It all depends how I want to do this - do I just take on Scotland and move all my international commitments on before I tackle the Champions League? Or do I go with Spain until the World Cup as a stop-gap, and see if I can get a South American job after it to tackle the Copa America?

j7FjUkQ.png

So I'm Spanish now.

mqdefault.jpg

es@rfef.gif

Chapter 3 Part 15

A Brit Abroad

ZFzO6ZT.png

Ahhhh...being back in Europe is like putting on a warm coat. A standard, familiar calendar every couple of years. Lovely.

And talking of a couple of years, I've once again set out a short-term calendar for me. I've kept it from the board though, wouldn't want them getting antsy.

We have the Nations League up first - I'd like to finally win that, but in the end it's just another fairly pointless game. We do play Scotland though. Oo-er.

Then we have World Cup Qualifying. Obviously, we need to top that group, and do it impressively.

Then we (hopefully) have the World Cup. It's my aim to reach at least the quarter finals there, but I think we stand a chance of winning the whole thing. Obviously that won't have the same impact as winning it in glorious ticker-tape with Scotland, but it'll do.

After that, who knows? If I win the World Cup, I imagine I'll stick around to go for the double, then maybe the Confederations Cup too. If I don't win it, I'm gone.

MaMGUaW.png

As usual, first order of business is getting an assistant. Instead of going through a hundred people and having them all say no, I just promoted my U23s manager.

EDExmEk.png

He's no too bad.

The prospect of you returning to Scotland with Celtic just feels wrong. I'm glad that didn't turn out.

Juventus, man!

Good luck with Spain.

That sets up a nice USA/Canada derby (is that a big deal? Jason the Yank...ASSEMBLE!)

Not on our side. Think it's a bigger deal to the Canadians than it is us.

Wow! Good luck with capturing the remaining trophies :thup:

*Checks back for update again, leaves disappointed*