FM16: Should I Buy/Sell Thread

Ty

Wonder if I can post this here.. Managing the Wolves 18th in premier league just entered winter transfer window. Desperately needing to stay up, looking to bolster Defense or new starting keeper.

personally, pour the whole budget into one player, and get quality (I recommend a keeper or striker)

you either need to keep the goals out (as long as your scoring, it's not an issue) or put the goals away (beat teams 3-2 if you must)

there's no point in spending 7m per player, as you won't get the quality needed to improve - you will, but it's marginal benefits

and due to the parachute payments, as long as he doesn't want to leave in the summer then you should be good enough to bounce straight back up again, repeating the process

edit: don't look at established teams for stars, look to star players from the lesser nations (Akinfeev from CSKA comes to mind)

or check the unhappy players at big clubs (if they're not getting gametime, then you're prime position)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selling:

Player Name: Jordan Henderson

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer: Arsenal

Player's Value: 27.5m

Offer: 48.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 90m

Patch: 16.0.3

Season: 2nd

Had a poor 1st season. Only managed 8th so im not in europe. Im not sure if be able to replace him with anyone as good due to the lack of continental football

Selling:

Player Name: Jordan Henderson

Buyer: Arsenal

Player's Value: 27.5m

Offer: 48.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 90m

Patch: 16.0.3

Season: 2nd

Had a poor 1st season. Only managed 8th so im not in europe. Im not sure if be able to replace him with anyone as good due to the lack of continental football

I'm of the opinion that unless I can find a replacement who is either at least as good, or better preferably, I would not sell. So in this case, you can tell Arsenal to sod off, unless they are willing to up the offer to insane levels where the money is too good to turn down.

Selling

Player Name: Jermaine Anderson

Your Team: Peterborough United

Buyer/Seller: Watford

Player's Value: 275k

Offer: 200k up front, 200k over 12 months, 85k after ten league appearances, 30k per ten league appearances.

Transfer/Wage Budget: 300k

Patch: 16.1.0

Season: Summer first window

Agent says he wants to be able to discuss term with Wolves. The above offer is what I negotiated it up to but I'm not sure if it's enough now.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Ron-Robert Zieler

Your Team: Newcastle

Buyer/Seller: Hannover

Player's Value: £5.25m

Offer: £6.5m (meets minimum fee)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £40m/£1.4m pw

Patch: Latest

Season: Just finished 15/16

I've Tim Krul, who's ok, but I conceded a lot of soft goals last season. I've still got Darlow, Elliott & Woodman who I'm trying to shift and replace with RRZ & Timo Horn.

Only really need to strengthen LB & goal keeper.

Finished 5th last season so I'll have more fixtures...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Player Name: Ron-Robert Zieler

Buyer/Seller: Hannover

Player's Value: £5.25m

Offer: £6.5m (meets minimum fee)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £40m/£1.4m pw

Season: Just finished 15/16

I've Tim Krul, who's ok, but I conceded a lot of soft goals last season. I've still got Darlow, Elliott & Woodman who I'm trying to shift and replace with RRZ & Timo Horn.

Only really need to strengthen LB & goal keeper.

Finished 5th last season so I'll have more fixtures...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say go for it at that price. I thought about RRZ myself on my Newcastle save, but I've got Rulli from Real Sociedad coming in on a free at end of his contract. Plus Stoke got relegated so might try and get Butland in.

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Dominic Iorfa

Your Team: Wolves

Buyer/Seller: Newcastle

Player's Value: £6.5m

Offer: £15m up front, 1m in add ons and 30% of next fee.

Transfer/Wage Budget: nothing left but i would like to bring in a couple of faces

Season: start of second season

I'd say go for it at that price. I thought about RRZ myself on my Newcastle save, but I've got Rulli from Real Sociedad coming in on a free at end of his contract. Plus Stoke got relegated so might try and get Butland in.

That, is a damn fine point!

Player Name: Anthony Martial

Your Team: Sunderland

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: 20.5m

Offer: 23.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 87m

Season: January 2018

He's 22 now and hasnt played all that many games, is he exceptional on fm16?

£87m with Sunderland? How??

Player Name: Harry Kane

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Manchester United

Player's Value: 38,5 M €

Offer: 84 M € (45 M upfront, the rest in feasible installments and conditions)

Transfer/Wage Budget: 20 M € +

Patch: 16.1

Season: beginning of 1st season

Should I sell? He is my only striker, but I can get the likes of Gabriel Barbosa. It is an enormous and absurd amount of money!!

Buying/Selling: selling

Player Name: Harry Kane

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: ??

Offer: 54million GPB straight up

Transfer/Wage Budget: 17million

Patch: 16.1

Season: 1st season start of game

£54 million is a hell of a lot of money for a club like Spurs, or could I possibly get more if I hold onto him?

I wouldn't take either of those Kane deals personally, as he's your key player (and you'll be strengthening a rival for the next 10-15 years)

I also accept that it's not exactly small cash, and you could completely revamp the squad, but you've got to keep the key players

Personally, I'd look to keep Lloris and Kane at all costs from the starting Spurs squad, and then everyone else is fair game to be sold

Player Name: Will Hughes

Buyer/Seller: Derby (didn't get promoted)

Player's Value: £8.5m

Offer: £5m up front - £7m over 48 months +30% of next sale

Transfer/Wage Budget: £37m/£92.2k pm

Season: End of 1st season

I could probably sell Wijnaldum for about £12m and Hughes would be another HG player... but I already have Ajer, Anita, Romero & Sissoko who can play a role in the centre.

Player Name: Will Hughes

Buyer/Seller: Derby (didn't get promoted)

Player's Value: £8.5m

Offer: £5m up front - £7m over 48 months +30% of next sale

Transfer/Wage Budget: £37m/£92.2k pm

Season: End of 1st season

I could probably sell Wijnaldum for about £12m and Hughes would be another HG player... but I already have Ajer, Anita, Romero & Sissoko who can play a role in the centre.

I wouldnt go for Hughes, i dont think he is as good as Wijnaldum. He also starts with a serious injury too so that will have hampered his development. You can get better for that money

Player Name: M'Baye Niang

Your Team: Swansea

Buyer/Seller: Milan

Player's Value: 3.6m

Offer: 7.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 30m

Patch: Fm2016

Season: 2

Looking for a back up striker for Gabriel Barbosa. Needing someone who can fill a Complete Forward Attack role. Been looking around different clubs and simply can't find anyone so thought I'd look at this guy. He's 21 and his stats aren't great, just wondering whether he has decent potential this year? Could anyone 5 or 6 years in give me an idea?

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a back up striker that would go to Swansea in the second season(finished 5th in the first) then feel free to throw ideas at me. I just want a young back up who I can develop.

Player Name: Breel Emoblo

Your Team: Villa

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £25m

Offer: £60m (all upfront)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £19.25m/£1.556m pw

Patch: 16.1.1

Season: 3rd (Summer 2017)

He's my first choice striker, though I have Benteke as second choice as well as Zach Clough and a regen that need blooding, but he is just sooo good. I also signed Muniain, but plan to play him LW. Plus, I finished 4th last year, so about to have my first season in the CL and he is one year from being Home Grown.

No idea what I should do.

Player Name: Breel Emoblo

Your Team: Villa

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £25m

Offer: £60m (all upfront)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £19.25m/£1.556m pw

Season: 3rd (Summer 2017)

He's my first choice striker, though I have Benteke as second choice as well as Zach Clough and a regen that need blooding, but he is just sooo good. I also signed Muniain, but plan to play him LW. Plus, I finished 4th last year, so about to have my first season in the CL and he is one year from being Home Grown.

No idea what I should do.

Unless there's a world class replacement available for that price, I personally would keep him. If you can pick up the likes of Gabriel Barbosa, Mauro Icardi, Paulo Dybala etc then fair enough, but otherwise you're better of keeping him. His goals could be vital in your champions league quest and also in qualifying for it again next season.

Your Team: OM

Buyer/Seller: Man U

Player's Value: 27M€

Offer: 36M€+7M bonuses

Transfer/Wage Budget: 63M€/ 8M€/month

Season: 4 (Summer 2018)

Unless there's a world class replacement available for that price, I personally would keep him. If you can pick up the likes of Gabriel Barbosa, Mauro Icardi, Paulo Dybala etc then fair enough, but otherwise you're better of keeping him. His goals could be vital in your champions league quest and also in qualifying for it again next season.

he's also playing as Aston Villa, so it's unlikely that those players would be willing to join him anyway (wage costs will come into it)

I'd keep, as the feasible quality replacements are low, although 60m is tempting

Your Team: OM

Buyer/Seller: Man U

Player's Value: 27M€

Offer: 36M€+7M bonuses

Transfer/Wage Budget: 63M€/ 8M€/month

Season: 4 (Summer 2018)

Assuming you're financially in a good place based on your transfer budget, yeah buy him! By that time in the game he should be looking like a great player!

he's also playing as Aston Villa, so it's unlikely that those players would be willing to join him anyway (wage costs will come into it)

I'd keep, as the feasible quality replacements are low, although 60m is tempting

Valid point but it depends what his reputation is like now that he's a champions league club, and also how well the clubs with the potential replacements have been doing. However, as a general point I agree with you.

Player Name: James McCarthy

Your Team: Everton

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £27M

Offer: £44.5m rising to £51m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £400k

Patch: FM 2016

Season: Start of Season 2

Do I keep or do I sell? He had a decent season but not amazing. Obviously he's very talented, but £51m is a lot of money for Everton right now.

Player Name: James McCarthy

Your Team: Everton

Buyer/Seller: Man City

Player's Value: £27M

Offer: £44.5m rising to £51m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £400k

Season: Start of Season 2

Do I keep or do I sell? He had a decent season but not amazing. Obviously he's very talented, but £51m is a lot of money for Everton right now.

I'd take that. He's good but you can get better with that sort of cash.

Player Name: Nikola Radosavljevic

Buyer/Seller: PSV

Player's Value: 300k

Offer: £8.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Have around 20mil still left this season

Season: May season two

Looking for a young prospect, came across this guy. Scouted him. What you think?

fa3edda3590ec620286cfc652002ad69.png

Player Name: Nikola Radosavljevic

Buyer/Seller: PSV

Player's Value: 300k

Offer: £8.25m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Have around 20mil still left this season

Season: May season two

Looking for a young prospect, came across this guy. Scouted him. What you think?

fa3edda3590ec620286cfc652002ad69.png

Dependent on your budget but personally would be a no from me.

So im Benfica and i hate my strikers. I could buy Carlos Vela for 40 million euro; just not sure how well will he play as a striker in a purely counter attacking side.

Player Name: Carlos Vela

Your Team: Benfica

Buyer/Seller: Real Sociedad

Player's Value:40 million euros

Offer: 40 million euros (release clause)

Transfer/Wage Budget: Not sure, but its going to be big; im going to sell a lot of players that come from loan.

Patch: Fm 16

Season: Start of second season

Player Name: Jack Wilshere

Your Team: Norwich

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £14m

Offer: £9m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25m

Patch:16.1

Season: Summer 2017 (pre-season of third season)

Finished 7th with Norwich in season two so now I need to push for europe. Obviously Jack has his injury difficulties but it feels too good an opportunity to turn down..

Player Name: Benteke

Your Team: Hull City

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £13m

Offer: £6.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m left, already made plenty of signings as im in January

Patch:

Season: 2nd (January Window)

If he's better then your current crop and he fits into your formation then yes, go for it.

Player Name: İlkay Gündoğan

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value:23.5m

Offer: 28m

Transfer/Wage Budget:30.5

Patch:

Season: January first season.

If he strengthens your squad enough then yes but he's costing your budget so it depends if you need players elsewhere.

Player Name: Jack Wilshere

Your Team: Norwich

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £14m

Offer: £9m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £25m

Patch:16.1

Season: Summer 2017 (pre-season of third season)

Finished 7th with Norwich in season two so now I need to push for europe. Obviously Jack has his injury difficulties but it feels too good an opportunity to turn down..

Try and see if you can get the price down but I'd still say yes.

Player Name: Lucas

Your Team: Valencia

Buyer/Seller: Atletico Madrid

Player's Value: 2m

Offer: 26.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 70m

Season: July 2016

Rebuilding my DCs after mine had their release clauses met. I'd have to meet his release clause, but is he worth it?

I am looking for a attacking mid option for my arsenal save (3rd season) I have got Ozil, Sanchez, Theo, Ox and I was hopping to bring through Awobi and rene-Adelede, Awobi hasnt worked out well enough.I do have Embolo I use in attacking mid roles but he is primarily a CF for me. I am looking at bringing in Either Barkley or Odegard.

Barkley accoriding to my scouts will cost around 50 mil , Odegard is listed for sale at 31 mil but still only 18 though.

who is the better option, I am looking for someone whod mainly be cover to my attacking players, but I do rotate them a lot.

Rebuilding my DCs after mine had their release clauses met. I'd have to meet his release clause, but is he worth it?

Personally no. I've just checked his stats in season 4 on my Rotherham save and he's very average worth 6.5mil and transfer listed.

Have a look at Balanta, Romagnoli, Bartra, Inigo Martinez, Juan Jesus, Edoardo Goldaniga, Jeison Murillo, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, German Pezzella, Aissa Mandi, Daniele Rugani, Jemerson(Sporting), Dragovic etc.

So many better options basically.

I am looking for a attacking mid option for my arsenal save (3rd season) I have got Ozil, Sanchez, Theo, Ox and I was hopping to bring through Awobi and rene-Adelede, Awobi hasnt worked out well enough.I do have Embolo I use in attacking mid roles but he is primarily a CF for me. I am looking at bringing in Either Barkley or Odegard.

Barkley accoriding to my scouts will cost around 50 mil , Odegard is listed for sale at 31 mil but still only 18 though.

who is the better option, I am looking for someone whod mainly be cover to my attacking players, but I do rotate them a lot.

I quite like Barkley on FM but that seems a bit steep, depends if you need Home Grown or not. Odegaard isn't a player I've had experience yet with either and he rejected me to sign a new contract at Real :(. 31mil sale? Check his Min Fee just incase.

If you need HG I'd suggest Barkley, Grealish(if not natural can be retrained there), Will Hughes(need to be retrained at AMC), Ward-Prowse etc. If you want a potential star of the future check out Callum Gribbin from Man Utd.

If not then check out Sergio Canales(looks alright on this year), Juan Fernando Quintero, Andrija Balic(looks quite good, young and cheap), Denis Suarez, Alen Halilovic, Arda Turan and Rafinha etc.

Check out Daniele Rugani from Juventus, I recall that while he is very much a top quality young defender Juventus do have a fairly strong backline so worth checking if he might be transfer listed. Even if not, he is well worth the investment as his attributes all point towards a top class central defender.

Player Name: Eden Hazard

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £40m

Offer: £36m (transfer listed, and not by request)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £73m

Season: Summer 2016

In theory he's not needed, but the price makes me wonder if I should let it pass. Got Sanchez and Rodrigo De Paul, and the Ox as well since I've got Barbosa for the right wing and just agreed a £9.5mil deal for Berardi to join for that side too (another bargain!)

Player Name: David Meyler

Buyer/Seller: Multiple options

Player's Value: approximately 10m

Offer: 4 - 6m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 6m / unsure

Patch:

Season: 2015 -2016 - 1st window (summer)

Right at the very start of a new save and trying to make a decision one player. Hull City have a solid enough squad to win the Championship, but the intent is to use the budget to add some quality depth and younger players to develop. Selling Meyler provides more flexibility with that.

I'm using a counter tactic with 1 DM 2 CMs. The club has Huddlestone for DM, with on-loan Hadyen for cover. Meyler, Livermore, and Diame cover the two CM spots, and I should be to sign Morten Konradsen as a developmental depth player. The reason I'm considering selling Meyler is that he's a good player but just that. Solid Championship player but not so much Prem caliber. He's hard-working but not that technical. Not that old but doesn't have room to improve. Middle of the road in terms of personality and PPMs (at least by memory). He is quite similar to Livermore and Diame but the least talented of the three. He also moans more than the others, it seems, when he's not getting as many matches as he'd like. I need a 3rd solid CM as Diame needs to be rested. It makes sense to make the sale and buy a young, pretty good player who has the potential to develop well beyond what Meyler is, even if they start a bit below. Think I'm just hesitating while trying to decide whom to garget - some good young English CMs but they are all very pricey. I'm fairly confident I can find a well-rounded CM of some reasonable quality for less than what I can get for Meyler. And worst case, I can loan a young Prem player for more cover.

Player Name: Eden Hazard

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £40m

Offer: £36m (transfer listed, and not by request)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £73m

Season: Summer 2016

In theory he's not needed, but the price makes me wonder if I should let it pass. Got Sanchez and Rodrigo De Paul, and the Ox as well since I've got Barbosa for the right wing and just agreed a £9.5mil deal for Berardi to join for that side too (another bargain!)

At that price I couldn't say no :D. Hazard always seems to be one of the best performers in the prem.

Player Name: David Meyler

Buyer/Seller: Multiple options

Player's Value: approximately 10m

Offer: 4 - 6m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 6m / unsure

Patch:

Season: 2015 -2016 - 1st window (summer)

Right at the very start of a new save and trying to make a decision one player. Hull City have a solid enough squad to win the Championship, but the intent is to use the budget to add some quality depth and younger players to develop. Selling Meyler provides more flexibility with that.

I'm using a counter tactic with 1 DM 2 CMs. The club has Huddlestone for DM, with on-loan Hadyen for cover. Meyler, Livermore, and Diame cover the two CM spots, and I should be to sign Morten Konradsen as a developmental depth player. The reason I'm considering selling Meyler is that he's a good player but just that. Solid Championship player but not so much Prem caliber. He's hard-working but not that technical. Not that old but doesn't have room to improve. Middle of the road in terms of personality and PPMs (at least by memory). He is quite similar to Livermore and Diame but the least talented of the three. He also moans more than the others, it seems, when he's not getting as many matches as he'd like. I need a 3rd solid CM as Diame needs to be rested. It makes sense to make the sale and buy a young, pretty good player who has the potential to develop well beyond what Meyler is, even if they start a bit below. Think I'm just hesitating while trying to decide whom to garget - some good young English CMs but they are all very pricey. I'm fairly confident I can find a well-rounded CM of some reasonable quality for less than what I can get for Meyler. And worst case, I can loan a young Prem player for more cover.

Try and get more for him if his value is higher? But if he isn't needed and you can spend the money to rebuild in places you then I'd sell. Looking at Meyler on my FM he's been very average every season for Hull and apart from good stamina/fitness he's very ordinary.

Try and get more for him if his value is higher? But if he isn't needed and you can spend the money to rebuild in places you then I'd sell. Looking at Meyler on my FM he's been very average every season for Hull and apart from good stamina/fitness he's very ordinary.

Thanks. I'd love to get more him, but I don't think its likely. I forgot to double-check his value last night, but if it is as high as I think, its inflated and AI clubs seem to recognize that. Average is a very good description. If he wasn't demanding of starts and wasn't almost identical to the other two CMs on the squad, I would be less inclined to try to get rid of him.

2015-12-01_00007_zpsycdfgapw.jpg

Player Name:

Your Team:Portsmouth

Buyer/Seller: Valarenga

Player's Value:105k

Offer: asking price of 250k

Transfer/Wage Budget: 800k/9k

Patch:

Season: 2019/20

He's a poacher fair and square. He might improve to be fair and could be worth a punt. What league are you in though? His fitness/stamina/concentration put me off a bit.

Buying/selling: buying

Player name: demarai gray

Your team: Birmingham

Selling: man city

Value: £12.75m

Offer accepted: £14m upfront rising to £20m.

Transfer budget: around £70m

Season: 17/18

Man city met grays £5m release clause at the end of the first season, now at the start of the 3rd I can bring him back.

Championship. I have Ryan Hardie who's getting 20 goals a season so i wouldnt be depending on him to keep me up or anything.

Just too put off with his fitness levels. Might be an alright impact player but how much do your scouts think he can improve?

Buying/selling: buying

Player name: demarai gray

Your team: Birmingham

Selling: man city

Value: £12.75m

Offer accepted: £14m upfront rising to £20m.

Transfer budget: around £70m

Season: 17/18

Man city met grays £5m release clause at the end of the first season, now at the start of the 3rd I can bring him back.

Aslong as he's not been ruined at City then go for it.

Player Name: Marco Asensio

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: 8.5M

Offer: 25M

Transfer/Wage Budget: 32M/330K

Season: July 2017

XSKmxUf.png

or

Buying/selling: Buying

Player name: Oliver

Your team: Valencia

Selling: Atletico Madrid

Value: 2.5M

Offer accepted: 15M

Transfer budget: around 32M/330K

Season: July 2017

i2MpzKl.png

Money isn't an issue coz I'm selling a couple people. I just can't choose between these two.

Archived