FM16: Should I Buy/Sell Thread

Ty

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The only reason to say no to the kind of money is if you are a big fan of the player IRL and having him on your side makes the game significantly more enjoyable for you. Otherwise, take the money and laugh. Like Welshace says, you can sign several other REALLY good attacking players and still have money left over.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller:Juventus

Player's Value: 61m

Offer: £69m up front, £36m over 36 months. £275k per week, 50k appearance fee. £24m in player and agent fees

Transfer/Wage Budget: £212m transfer budget, £500k spare wage budget

Patch: Latest

Season: 18/19 preseason

Player Name: Paul Pogba

Your Team: Tottenham

Buyer/Seller:Juventus

Player's Value: 61m

Offer: £69m up front, £36m over 36 months. £275k per week, 50k appearance fee. £24m in player and agent fees

Transfer/Wage Budget: £212m transfer budget, £500k spare wage budget

Season: 18/19 preseason

Might as well go for it, with the money rolling in from the TV deal no player is off limits for English clubs frankly:D

Balotelli is available on a free at the end of the 2017 season ..... Has anyone had any success with him ?

Not looking to particularly sell anyone so apologies if this doesn't fit the normal criteria for the thread :)

I personally think he's bobbins, his hidden attributes are pretty much in the single digit zone and heaven forbid you attempt to discipline him. If you are willing accommodate him, he can be a very useful player (until he becomes unhappy about something, which is inevitable)

I personally think he's bobbins, his hidden attributes are pretty much in the single digit zone and heaven forbid you attempt to discipline him. If you are willing accommodate him, he can be a very useful player (until he becomes unhappy about something, which is inevitable)

Cheers mate - confirmed bosman so will see how he is.

Predicting another entry here in a few weeks asking if £500K is enough to get shot of him :D

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Martin Odegaard

Your Team: Gillingham

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: £25m

Offer: ~£50m (£30m up front, £12m spread over a couple of years, some add ons)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m/none left

Season: start of season 5 ('19/20)

Managed to get Gillingham into the Premier League and survived there second season. Picked up Odegaard for ~£10m as he was transfer listed by request. I know he's great on this version but obviously it's loads of money for a club like us

Player Name: Martin Odegaard

Your Team: Gillingham

Player's Value: £25m

Offer: ~£50m (£30m up front, £12m spread over a couple of years, some add ons)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m/none left

Season: start of season 5 ('19/20)

Managed to get Gillingham into the Premier League and survived there second season. Picked up Odegaard for ~£10m as he was transfer listed by request. I know he's great on this version but obviously it's loads of money for a club like us

I'd be a bit cheap here, I'd save it and try to negotiate so you can reload if it all messes up. Reckon you could get more or atleast more upfront. I'm not a fan of addons etc which is why I'd try negotiate either way.

Buying/Selling: buying

Player Name: Juan Bernat

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Bayern Munchen

Player's Value: 24.5mil €

Offer: 20mil €

Transfer/Wage Budget: 320 mil €

Season: end of 2015/16

He spent the second part of season on loan with me, did pretty well. I can get R.Rodriguez, J.Gaya but they will cost me at least twice as much. Alaba would be crazy expensive. Any thoughts?

Player Name: Marc Bartra

Your Team: Arsenal

Player's Value: £17.5m

Offer: £8.5m (£11.75m after his contract signing bonuses) (95k p/w wages)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £58m/400k p/w space left on the wage budget

Patch: 16.2

Season: 1st

Ideally I'd like to have waited a season before worrying about replacing one of Kos or PerMer (29 and 30 respectively) but the release fee for Bartra is a good price I think, and if I don't move now either he signs for Chelsea or gets another contract with Barce and probably doubles that fee going forward. That competition for him is also why I've had to go higher on the wages, the real sticking point of this transfer for me, than I would like to. Any thoughts/alternatives?

Player Name: Jeff Reine-Adelaide

Buyer/Seller: Everton

Player's Value: £10,000,000

Offer: £64,000,000 - (£31,000,000 upfront - £9,750,000, 12 monthly instalments - £11,750,000 after 50 league games - £11,750,000 after 10 international games - 20% profit from next sale)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £238,572,034 & £3,041,170

Season: Start of season 3

As you can probably tell I don't need the money, and he will be a vital player in around 2 seasons time, when Alexis is either sold of starts to decline.. I don't want to sell him but I could imagine him to start getting annoyed with not being a first team player soon?

Thank You! :)

Player Name: Adam Lallana

Your Team: Liverpool

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £26.5m

Offer: ~£37.5m (£25m up front, £12.5m through installments and clauses)

Transfer/Wage Budget: None left

Season: first season

Buying/Selling: buying

Player Name: Juan Bernat

Your Team: Real Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Bayern Munchen

Player's Value: 24.5mil €

Offer: 20mil €

Transfer/Wage Budget: 320 mil €

Season: end of 2015/16

He spent the second part of season on loan with me, did pretty well. I can get R.Rodriguez, J.Gaya but they will cost me at least twice as much. Alaba would be crazy expensive. Any thoughts?

I've always liked the look of Bernat though I've never managed him, if he did well with you then him :thup:.

Player Name: Marc Bartra

Player's Value: £17.5m

Offer: £8.5m (£11.75m after his contract signing bonuses) (95k p/w wages)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £58m/400k p/w space left on the wage budget

Ideally I'd like to have waited a season before worrying about replacing one of Kos or PerMer (29 and 30 respectively) but the release fee for Bartra is a good price I think, and if I don't move now either he signs for Chelsea or gets another contract with Barce and probably doubles that fee going forward. That competition for him is also why I've had to go higher on the wages, the real sticking point of this transfer for me, than I would like to. Any thoughts/alternatives?

Nothing wrong with Barta, especially at that price :thup:.

Player Name: Jeff Reine-Adelaide

Buyer/Seller: Everton

Player's Value: £10,000,000

Offer: £64,000,000 - (£31,000,000 upfront - £9,750,000, 12 monthly instalments - £11,750,000 after 50 league games - £11,750,000 after 10 international games - 20% profit from next sale)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £238,572,034 & £3,041,170

Season: Start of season 3

As you can probably tell I don't need the money, and he will be a vital player in around 2 seasons time, when Alexis is either sold of starts to decline.. I don't want to sell him but I could imagine him to start getting annoyed with not being a first team player soon?

Thank You! :)

I wouldn't sell, he looks like he'll be class. Just play him in cup games etc and less important games or loan him out if need but I wouldn't sell at all. Not unless you got 50+mil upfront.

Player Name: Adam Lallana

Player's Value: £26.5m

Offer: ~£37.5m (£25m up front, £12.5m through installments and clauses)

Transfer/Wage Budget: None left

Season: first season

I'd try and get more upfront but how much do you need to cash in? I know Liverpool have better players that can play in his positions iirc but I'd probably accept if you could get more upfront/if the installments were over 12 months, not clauses.

Player Name: Shinji Kagawa

Your Team: Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £22M

Offer: £19.5M with clauses

Transfer/Wage Budget: £6.9M/£98K

I negotiated the offer to £25.5M with clauses, £15M up front. I haven't scouted any replacements, but there's only 17 days left in the transfer window.

Player Name: Shinji Kagawa

Your Team: Dortmund

Buyer/Seller: Juventus

Player's Value: £22M

Offer: £19.5M with clauses

Transfer/Wage Budget: £6.9M/£98K

I negotiated the offer to £25.5M with clauses, £15M up front. I haven't scouted any replacements, but there's only 17 days left in the transfer window.

I wouldn't. The offer isn't good enough and you won't be able to replace Shinji for that sort of money. If a team like Juventus want him there must be a reason :thup:.

Player Name: Andrew Robertson

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer/Seller: Hull

Player's Value: £6.75m

Offer: £8m possibly rising to £9.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £76m

Season: 2nd (December 2016)Daley Blind has 9 for pace after having spent a total of 8 months out with knee tendonitis over two injury periods. Looking for a backup DL to Luke Shaw so obviously need someone who is willing to be a backup and not someone who will rival Shaw for the first team DL spot. Rojo has left the club and Blackett is on loan at Celtic.

I wouldn't. The offer isn't good enough and you won't be able to replace Shinji for that sort of money. If a team like Juventus want him there must be a reason :thup:.

I ended up doing it, squeezed it up to £25M with clauses. Sad to see Shinji go, but he was hard to fit in and complained about wanting to go. I ended up getting Lucas Romero who will fit in better as a B2B for £6M with clauses. Saved me a lot on wages, he signed for £5K a week. I also sold Neven Subotic for £15M. Might've been a mistake.

Both of these guys got transfer listed and I'm having trouble deciding between them.

Player Name: Neven Subotic

Your Team: Newcastle United

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value: $10.5m

Offer: $9.5m ($2m+$7.5m over 48 months)

Transfer/Wage Budget: $6m

Season: 1st (January 2016)

Player Name: Gabriel Paulista

Player's Value: $14.75m

Offer: $7.25m ($2m+$5.25m over 48 months)

Subotic is a rock but slow. Gabriel is pacy but not as strong defensively. He is also a couple years younger. Gabriel is $63k/week wages and Subotic is only $43k/week. I really wish I could afford both as my center backs have been horrible.

I can give you a side by side comparison a few years in ( season 4 ) I would say Gabriel is the best option from this.

Y2wdLfw.png

Thought I'd ad my current central partnership as both are cheap to buy.

http://imgur.com/a/SoRnJ

Jovanovic Cost me £2.4 million and Gomez cost me £5 million, however he should be at Lanus at the start and he moved from there to River then to me. Cost river £1.7 million.

Both of these guys got transfer listed and I'm having trouble deciding between them.

Player Name: Neven Subotic

Buyer/Seller: Dortmund

Player's Value: $10.5m

Offer: $9.5m ($2m+$7.5m over 48 months)

Player Name: Gabriel Paulista

Player's Value: $14.75m

Offer: $7.25m ($2m+$5.25m over 48 months)

Subotic is a rock but slow. Gabriel is pacy but not as strong defensively. He is also a couple years younger. Gabriel is $63k/week wages and Subotic is only $43k/week. I really wish I could afford both as my center backs have been horrible.

Subotic has always played well on my saves and I've never used Gabriel but I think Gabriel will have more resale value if need be + being younger I'd take him. The stats shown in the above post help.

Player Name: Andrew Robertson

Your Team: Manchester United

Buyer/Seller: Hull

Player's Value: £6.75m

Offer: £8m possibly rising to £9.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £76m

Season: 2nd (December 2016)Daley Blind has 9 for pace after having spent a total of 8 months out with knee tendonitis over two injury periods. Looking for a backup DL to Luke Shaw so obviously need someone who is willing to be a backup and not someone who will rival Shaw for the first team DL spot. Rojo has left the club and Blackett is on loan at Celtic.

Backups will still end up moaning :thup:. I'd of gone for someone better but I don't mind Robertson, I've always seem the poor kid get ruined and never played when bought by the likes of Liverpool etc. To sit on the bench etc he's an alright pick.

Backups will still end up moaning :thup:. I'd of gone for someone better but I don't mind Robertson, I've always seem the poor kid get ruined and never played when bought by the likes of Liverpool etc. To sit on the bench etc he's an alright pick.
Howdy SpillBlood. Who else would you suggest/recommend instead of Robertson? :)

Howdy SpillBlood. Who else would you suggest/recommend instead of Robertson? :)

Robertson actually looks great on my Portsmouth save to be fair.

05d078913e5cd4cb5f0e89c9b2b89077.png

Where are players such as Jorge, Jonny(covers both fullback positions), Jose Gaya, Ricardo Rodriguez, Jetro Willems, Caner Erkin, Layvin Kurzawa, Faouzi Ghoulam etc on your save? Might be able to snipe one of them early enough. Jorge is a player I will try and sign one day :thup:.

Robertson actually looks great on my Portsmouth save to be fair.

05d078913e5cd4cb5f0e89c9b2b89077.png

Where are players such as Jorge, Jonny(covers both fullback positions), Jose Gaya, Ricardo Rodriguez, Jetro Willems, Caner Erkin, Layvin Kurzawa, Faouzi Ghoulam etc on your save? Might be able to snipe one of them early enough. Jorge is a player I will try and sign one day :thup:.

Reckon you must be in 2018 as Robertson is 24 on your save.

By Jorge do you mean Jorge Torres Nilo at Tigres or Jorge at Flamengo? Both are still at their original clubs.

Jonny the D RL is still at Celta.

Jose Gaya signed for Man City this past summer (2016) for £35.5m so he's probably out of my reach without shelling out a lot for him which for a backup DL is not what I want to be doing.

Ricardo Rodriguez is still at Wolfsburg. He looks more like a Shaw rival than a backup and the game considers him to be half a star better than Shaw. I don't mind having a better DL than Shaw but it does mean getting rid of Shaw as I don't think I can convince him to be a backup DL. Getting rid of Shaw would also hurt my homegrown numbers. He qualifies as a trained in nation player and is due to become a trained at club player at the end of June 2017.

Jetro Willems signed for Lazio in January 2016 for £11.25m.

Caner Erkin is still at Fenerbahce. Haven't scouted him yet so put in a request for a report.

Layvin Kurzawa signed for PSG in July 2015 for £17.25m.

Faouzi Ghoulam is still at Napoli.

Think I will buy Robertson and look at Jorge/Jonny later on. Jonny looks good to be a backup for both sides of the defence. :)

By Jorge do you mean Jorge Torres Nilo at Tigres or Jorge at Flamengo? Both are still at their original clubs.

Jose Gaya signed for Man City this past summer (2016) for £35.5m so he's probably out of my reach without shelling out a lot for him which for a backup DL is not what I want to be doing.

Ricardo Rodriguez is still at Wolfsburg. He looks more like a Shaw rival than a backup and the game considers him to be half a star better than Shaw. I don't mind having a better DL than Shaw but it does mean getting rid of Shaw as I don't think I can convince him to be a backup DL. Getting rid of Shaw would also hurt my homegrown numbers. He qualifies as a trained in nation player and is due to become a trained at club player at the end of June 2017.

Caner Erkin is still at Fenerbahce. Haven't scouted him yet so put in a request for a report.

Think I will buy Robertson and look at Jorge/Jonny later on. Jonny looks good to be a backup for both sides of the defence. :)

I bought Ghoulam and rotated him with Shaw, while he is prone to abit of moaning as long as you give him roughly 3/4 of the games Shaw plays he should be fine. Absolute quality for me, and I'm thankful I went for him instead of others because Shaw is prone to a niggle in my save and Ghoulam has been fantastic in his absence.

Player Name: Lucas Romero

Your Team: Leicester

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player's Value: £12.5M

Offer: £48M (£38m + £4m over 6 months + £5.5 after 50 league games + 275k for 10 games)

Transfer/Wage Budget: £0/£49k

Season: 2016-17

He's a complete beast. 7.86 average rating. I've got decent squad but I'm not sure who I'd bring in.

Offer: £48M (£38m + £4m over 6 months + £5.5 after 50 league games + 275k for 10 games)

He's a complete beast. 7.86 average rating. I've got decent squad but I'm not sure who I'd bring in.

PSG are suckers, try and force £50m upfront in one lump out of them. If they do you get alot of money to get a replacement for Romero, if they don't you keep a top quality midfielder.

If he's playing that well I wouldn't but I'm sure you can get more upfront that'll be worth it. I mean I've seen PSG go mental for Kondogbia and that sort of money could help your squad but I'd want more upfront.

Yeah I'm a few seasons in now but it's nice to see Robertson actually reach potential for once and proved me wrong when I was sure you'd be better off with someone else :thup:.

Player Name: Adnan Januzaj

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller:Tottenham Hotspur

Player's Value: £14.25m

Offer: £40m

Transfer Budget: £50m (45% transfer revenue available)

Patch: 16.2.0

Season: Summer 2017, going into 3rd season

Player Name: Morgan Schneiderlin

Offer: £50m

I think I will sell Januzaj, I have Ozil, Eriksen, Herrera, Pastore. My main tactic is with 3 AMCs though.

Morgan is the one I need help with. I am going to make a new tactic as a 4321 with 3 MCs. I only have Javi Martinez (DM), Schwein who's getting old, Pogba and Herrera. I need a ball winner. But I really need to buy a CB and with this new tactic another MC. With only 45% transfer revenue, I'm worried I won't be able to afford a CB and 2 MCs.

I'm thinking, sell Januzaj first, hope for the board to adjust revenue after, then sell Morgan?

Player Name: Emre Can

Buyer/Seller:PSG

Player's Value: £28.5m

Offer: £62m

Transfer Budget: £1m left - just bought Pogba

Season: Summer 2016

My issue is, Emre Can has been quality. He could play holding midfield as a regista/deep lying playmaker - or as a ball playing centre half. I have Laporte coming from Athletico and signed pogba for about £85m I want to develop Joe Gomez but i wouldn't even contemplate it but...£62m!

I think I will sell Januzaj, I have Ozil, Eriksen, Herrera, Pastore. My main tactic is with 3 AMCs though.

Morgan is the one I need help with. I am going to make a new tactic as a 4321 with 3 MCs. I only have Javi Martinez (DM), Schwein who's getting old, Pogba and Herrera. I need a ball winner. But I really need to buy a CB and with this new tactic another MC. With only 45% transfer revenue, I'm worried I won't be able to afford a CB and 2 MCs.

I'm thinking, sell Januzaj first, hope for the board to adjust revenue after, then sell Morgan?

If you don't need Januzaj, I'd sell him, and it means you only need to invest in one centre-half and a centre-mid.

How much of the £40,000,000 is up front? Also be careful selling a player to a team in the same league as you, try and find a team willing to buy him abroad first.

My issue is, Emre Can has been quality. He could play holding midfield as a regista/deep lying playmaker - or as a ball playing centre half. I have Laporte coming from Athletico and signed pogba for about £85m I want to develop Joe Gomez but i wouldn't even contemplate it but...£62m!

I'd sell him for that, easy decision.

Bite their hand off, and then personally drive Can across the Channel to Paris.:lol:

Januzaj is versatile and homegrown, for the latter isn't he worth keeping? Before I'd sell either I'd want more revenue for sure. You could get in a CBs and two MCs for 40/50mil you'd just have to play it wisely.

:eek: That's one heck of an offer. I couldn't say no, PSG bought him for 49mil on my Portsmouth save and where he does look good and versatile he isn't 62mil worth :D. Bite their hand off!

What's he look like stats wise? Normally I'd take that deal to fill my HG quota, but if he doesn't add anything to the team, there might not be any point.

I play with a front 3 (Memphis, Gabigol and Martial), hes backup with Driussi and Embolo

Played 4(3)

Scored 5

F93ch9d.png

just finished third seasn with Portsmouth and win sky bet championship. board gave me 27 million €, can you recommend me best players who wants to join me on DC, AMR(left foot if it is possible) and SC position.

thanks.

Join us all in the Portsmouth thread! This is "should I buy/sell". Basically you've made an offer/received an offer and you want a re-assurance.

Player Name: Tomas Kalas

Your Team: Middlesbrough

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: 5.25 million

Offer: 8.25 million

Transfer/Wage Budget: 2,500,000

I don't have the funds available now, but looking in the January window where I'll likely sell Nsue and someone else. In my save, my scouts rate Kalas as a good CB and he's been one of my best players. Is he worth it?

Season:

Archived