Sports Interactive Community
Ty

FM16: Good Staff

All I could say is set these conditions.

For both:

Motivation - 15

Determination - 15

Level of Discipline - 15

For Tactics add:

Tatical - 15

For Ball Control add:

Technique - 15

Mental - 15

Play around with those and see what you can find. My actual manager(myself) is my ball control trainer and my Tactics is only at 4*.

Paul Scholes is able to run 4.5* for Ball Control though.

Thanks for the help mate much appreciated.

Can anyone recommend any gettable 4.5/5* Ball control and Tactical coachsz? cant seem to find anyone, Montanaro and Bergkamp for some reason arent in my game and im running multiple leagues and a large database so not sure why.

Have i look for Hermann Gerland (Tactics) 4.5 Stars in my game

Have i look for Hermann Gerland (Tactics) 4.5 Stars in my game

Thanks mate will check him out

Has anyone came across many scouts that have 100% knowledge of multiple countries?

Marko Mitrovic, scout at Red Star Belgrade. His scouting abilities (17 JPA, 15 JPP) are modest, but his knowledge isn't.

There's a disctinct lack of good Assistant Managers on here, anyone got any good shouts? Looking through here, there are few mentioned. Beenhakker isn't in my game, Riekerink doesn't have any good coaching stats and Conti has just retired. I'm after a good all rounder. Any suggestions?

I've found Zeljko Buvac to be solid, I just can't pull him away from Real Madrid and have Jan Olde Riekerink instead.

Buvac is the one you want if you're only chasing coaching stats though.

Marko Mitrovic, scout at Red Star Belgrade. His scouting abilities (17 JPA, 15 JPP) are modest, but his knowledge isn't.

can second this. came across this guy last night and he boosted my scouting knowledge from 16% to 30%. unreal knowledge.

I've got Coles as a GK Coach and Cannon as HoYD, I went with Riekerink as Ass. Manager but will probably replace him once Wolves' reputation increasing worldwide. I did have the unemployed German Burgos (Diego Simeone's number 2) interested for a while but then he didn't want to join. Upgrades when I'm doing better :p

need the following staff for man united

under 21 goalkeeping coach

under 18 assistant manager

under 18 fitness coach

also does anyone know of any 4.5/5 star coaches for the below?

ball control

attacking

shooting

Due to I cannot sign any of the suggestions above...

need the following staff for man united

under 21 goalkeeping coach

under 18 assistant manager

under 18 fitness coach

also does anyone know of any 4.5/5 star coaches for the below?

ball control

attacking

shooting

Due to I cannot sign any of the suggestions above...

Paul Scholes is mentioned, and is a 4.5* in shooting who has a preference to be a coach for Man United.

Alvaro Cejudo 4.5* for Ball Control (might have to get him as a player/coach).

René Renno and Matteo Fantozzi are 4* U18s GK coaches.

Alfonso Azurza for U18s 4* Fitness coach.

I think 4* for U18s and U21s is about as good as you're going to get, as higher than that want to be involved with the first time. Though if someone tells me otherwise I won't argue.

Paul Scholes is mentioned, and is a 4.5* in shooting who has a preference to be a coach for Man United.

Alvaro Cejudo 4.5* for Ball Control (might have to get him as a player/coach).

René Renno and Matteo Fantozzi are 4* U18s GK coaches.

Alfonso Azurza for U18s 4* Fitness coach.

I think 4* for U18s and U21s is about as good as you're going to get, as higher than that want to be involved with the first time. Though if someone tells me otherwise I won't argue.

hello,

I have Scholes already, is there any ball control attacking and shooting 4.5/5 star coaches? any ideas on under 18s assistant manager?

Cheers!

hello,

I have Scholes already, is there any ball control attacking and shooting 4.5/5 star coaches? any ideas on under 18s assistant manager?

Cheers!

Did you check out Cejudo for Ball Control? He's a player in early 30s at Betis but I got him on a free as backup player/coach. Try Mark Sale as well for Shooting.

Take a look here. It was a FM14 article, but the criteria hasn't changed:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2014-discussion/142822-football-manager-2014-staff-requirements.html

terry mcdermott is a good assistant manager who i got for blackburn half way through the first season. Shouts at players and is ofter assertive, but has 16 man manag4ement 16 motivation, and 15-16 for judge players and potential.

Any other 5 star rated defending coaches other than Stam? waited 5 years to get him and when i finally do 6 months later west brom sack their manager and approach the bald headed **** and he sods off!

the bald headed **** and he sods off!

That made me belly laugh for a good few minutes, thanks.

Any other 5 star rated defending coaches other than Stam? waited 5 years to get him and when i finally do 6 months later west brom sack their manager and approach the bald headed **** and he sods off!

I second this, I've got a 4.5* coach in Michael Johnson, but 5* would be nice indeed :p

That made me belly laugh for a good few minutes, thanks.

Lolz

Another thought, how many coaches do people have allowed for the U21s and U18s? I'm playing as Wolves and coming to the end of the third season. I've won the League Cup and warpped up the Prem title, have a few league games and the FA Cup final left to play, and got to the First Knockout Round of the Champions League, so I've got a good reputation, for me as manager and for the team. Yet at the moment I'm only allowed 8 coaches for the U18s and only 3 for the U21s. I know the U21s get trained by the first team coaches, but not all of them are good with Working with Youngsters. I currently have a HoYD, a Manager and a GK Coach in my U21s but don't even have the option to add for coaches. ANyone know when this changes, or is it a thing with English clubs that you have a small U21s coaching team? Cheers.

I've found Zeljko Buvac to be solid, I just can't pull him away from Real Madrid and have Jan Olde Riekerink instead.

Buvac is the one you want if you're only chasing coaching stats though.

Buvac is of course Liverpool assman at the start (came with Klopp) and he is pretty good all round on my LFC save so I am just kept him on.

Bernhard Peters is a very good head of youth development or Thomas Albeck.

A good Asisstant is Giuseppe Baresi (he's free), also Rodolfo Borrell as an Assistant is very good too.

Can anyone suggest any Ataack Coaches who are 4.5* or 5*? I can only seem to find 4* coaches, even with all "suitable for <whichever squad>" turned off. Looking through this thred I only see two; Bruno Conti has retired, and Zanetti doesn't want to give up his job as Manager to be a coach (though his contract is expiring in the summer so I'm hoping I'll b able to get him then). I currently Have Brian McClair and myself as 4* coaches, so really need some reinforcements, and of higher quality!

Can anyone suggest any Ataack Coaches who are 4.5* or 5*? I can only seem to find 4* coaches, even with all "suitable for <whichever squad>" turned off. Looking through this thred I only see two; Bruno Conti has retired, and Zanetti doesn't want to give up his job as Manager to be a coach (though his contract is expiring in the summer so I'm hoping I'll b able to get him then). I currently Have Brian McClair and myself as 4* coaches, so really need some reinforcements, and of higher quality!

Carsten Jancker is a 4.5* attack coach on my game

Carsten Jancker is a 4.5* attack coach on my game

Only a 4* on mine :/ Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jeffrey Talan, Dutch coach has 4* in ball control, shooting and attacking iirc very versatile coach on the attacking front.

It occurs to me that having asked for suggestions it would be helpful if I mentioned who I actuall have! So prepare...

FIRST TEAM

Jan Olde Riekerink (Ass. Man) - 3.5* Tactics (better AM than coach, but do want to replace him soon)

David Coles - 4.5* GK Shot Stopping

Alessandro Nista - 4.5* GK Shot Stopping

Silvino Louro - 4.5* GK Handling

José Sambade - 4.5* GK Handling

Cristian Savola - 5* Strength

Damir Blokar - 5* Strength

Oliver Otto - 4.5* Strength

Antonio Pintus - 5* Aerobic

Julen Masach - 4.5* Aerobic

Valtor Vio - 4.5* Aerobic (also 4.5* Strength, 4* in Tactics, Defending and Attacking)

Jeffrey Talan - 4.5* Shooting

Paul Scholes - 4.5* Shooting

Mark Sale - 4.5* Shooting

Renato Paiva - 4.5* Ball Control

Marco Mandelli - 4.5* Ball Control

Andrea Cossu - 4.5* Ball Control

Álvaro Cejudo - 4.5* Ball Control (currently player/coach but about to retire from playing. Wants way too much to stay on as staff so might replace)

Simone Baggio - 4.5* Tactics

Simone Mantanaro - 4.5* Tactics

Michele Salzarulo - 4.5* Tactics

Brian McClair - 4* Shooting

Myself - 4.5* Shooting

Michael Johnson - 4.5* Defending

Andy Crosby - 4.5* Defending

Chechu Dorado - 4.5* Defending

U21s

Frankie Bunn (Manager) - 3.5* Tactics (I would like to replace him if there were better candidates)

Caetano Calli (Ass. Man) - 3.5* Shooting (again, I would like to replace)

Mike Jolley - 4.5* Tactics

Graeme Lee - 4* in anything, though I use him on Ball Control

I have to request to increase the coach numbers now, and currently focus on U18s, as U21s are coached by First Team staff as well)

U18s

Marco Savini (Manager) - 3.5* Tactics (good Manager, average coach)

Ivan Graziani (Ass. Man) - 4* Attacking

Phil Cannon (HoYD) - 4* in everything, using him for Shooting

Antonion Ferullo - 4* Shot Stopping

Matteo Fantozzi - 4.5* Shot Stopping

Eiji Kawashima - 4* Handling

Alfonso Azurza - 4* either Fitness

Damien Doyle - 4* either Fitness

Francesco Di Gaetano - 4* Tactics

Jaime Castrillón - 3.5* Tactics (contract about to expire and won't be renewed)

Stiven Rivic - 4* Attacking

David Dunn - 4* Attacking

Dario Arcuri - 4* Shooting

José María Mena - 4* Shooting

Ben Petty - 4* Defending

Xavi - 4* Ball Control

I'm playing as Wolves and I've just finished 4th season (won Prem, both Cups and got to semi-final of CL). Yeah, that's a LOT of coaches, but I want more! You can probably tell that at the moment I need more Attacking Coaches for my first team, but I want to get so many coaches that each training area workload is Light. IFor the first team, I have Light workloads for both Fitness, both GK and Tactics. I probably only need one or two more coaches for each of the other areas, but probably another 4 for Attacking.

Suggetions?

Also, if anyone is interested I can list my Physios too? Shout up if so!

U21s

Mike Jolley - 4.5* Tactics

Just moved Jolley to the first team as his stats have improved and he's now a 4.5* Attacking coach! One down, several more to go :p

at the end of my first season with man utd and stam and bellucci have left i need some replacements but also need the following

Tactics - very heavy - 4.5 stars - any 5 star coaches

defending - very heavy - 4 stars attacking - very heavy - 4 stars

under 21 gk coach - 3 stars anyone 4 stars or more?

Also can you get any 5 star coaches for the following areas?

strength - any 5 star staff?

ball control - 4 stars - any 5 star staff

shooting - 4.5 stars - any 5 star staff

shot stop/handling - any 5 star staff

current staff

butt - ball control - 3.5

giggs - shooting - 3.5

hoek - shot stopping - 4.5

walker - strength - 4

strudwick - strength - 4.5

fettis - u21 gk - handling - 3

hulse - u21 fitness - aerobic - 4

valero - handling - 4.5

bonaccorso - ball control - 4

scholes - shooting - 4

bordon - aerobic - 5

bortoluzzi - attacking - 4

salzarulo - ball control - 4

maldera - tactics - 4.5

g.vio - shooting - 4.5

how do you get on your u18s coaching staff to see the star ratings

need 2 under 18s coaches 2x under 18s physio & 1 first team coach all for man utd...

how do you get on your u18s coaching staff to see the star ratings

Under 18s --> Training --> Coaches

As for staff, check out my list above!

Just started a save with Wigan and they have NO scouts at all!

Anyone recommend any to help me on my way please?

I've been looking at scouts a bit today. I want ones who are at least alright at judging players, but primarily I'm focused on knowledge.

Geronimo Berbadillo from Udinese has 15/17 JCA/JPA with 16 Adaptability. At the time I found him he had full knowledge of Italy, Peru and Mexico, with partial knowledge of Colombia and slight knowledge of Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Took £4.6kpw.

Danny Karbassiyoon from Arsenal has 16/15 JCA/JPA, but only 5 Adaptability. He has full knowledge of Canada, England and the United States, with nearly full knowledge of SPM, and partial knowledge of Italy and Iran. He's on £1.5kpw.

Bobby Bennett, also at Arsenal, has 15/17 JCA/JPA and 20 Adaptability. Looking at him now, he has full knowledge of Denmark, England, Northern Ireland, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Sweden and Wales. He's on £1.2kpw.

Michael Ternat from Bayern has 16/20 JCA/JPP, but only 6 Adaptability. On my save he has full knowledge of Austria, Germany and Italy, high knowledge of Luxemborg, San Marino, Lichtenstein and Switzerland, and slight knowledge of Poland and England. Roberto Policano from Udinese is similar, without knowledge of Germany or Austria, but with better stats.

Budimir Vujacic is the chief scout at United, but it wasn't hard to get him to join Arsenal as a scout. He has 15/17 JCA/JPA and 13 adaptability. He has full knowledge of Albania, Bosnia-Herzgovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, England, Greece, Macedonia, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro, and nearly full knowledge of Germany, Portugal and Japan.

Marko Mitrovic has been mentioned upthread, so I shall skip over him. Suffice to say that he's the most cost-effective scout in the game that I've found.

Roberto Crausaz from Basel has 14/16 JCA/JPA and 14 Adaptability. He comes with full knowledge of Switzerland, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Paraguay, and he's pretty cheap.

Adding Mitrovic, Crausaz and Vujacic to my scouting department raised me from 42% world knowledge as Arsenal to 54%.

I've been looking at scouts a bit today. I want ones who are at least alright at judging players, but primarily I'm focused on knowledge.

Geronimo Berbadillo from Udinese has 15/17 JCA/JPA with 16 Adaptability. At the time I found him he had full knowledge of Italy, Peru and Mexico, with partial knowledge of Colombia and slight knowledge of Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Took £4.6kpw.

Danny Karbassiyoon from Arsenal has 16/15 JCA/JPA, but only 5 Adaptability. He has full knowledge of Canada, England and the United States, with nearly full knowledge of SPM, and partial knowledge of Italy and Iran. He's on £1.5kpw.

Bobby Bennett, also at Arsenal, has 15/17 JCA/JPA and 20 Adaptability. Looking at him now, he has full knowledge of Denmark, England, Northern Ireland, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Sweden and Wales. He's on £1.2kpw.

Michael Ternat from Bayern has 16/20 JCA/JPP, but only 6 Adaptability. On my save he has full knowledge of Austria, Germany and Italy, high knowledge of Luxemborg, San Marino, Lichtenstein and Switzerland, and slight knowledge of Poland and England. Roberto Policano from Udinese is similar, without knowledge of Germany or Austria, but with better stats.

Budimir Vujacic is the chief scout at United, but it wasn't hard to get him to join Arsenal as a scout. He has 15/17 JCA/JPA and 13 adaptability. He has full knowledge of Albania, Bosnia-Herzgovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, England, Greece, Macedonia, Slovenia, Turkey, Serbia and Montenegro, and nearly full knowledge of Germany, Portugal and Japan.

Marko Mitrovic has been mentioned upthread, so I shall skip over him. Suffice to say that he's the most cost-effective scout in the game that I've found.

Roberto Crausaz from Basel has 14/16 JCA/JPA and 14 Adaptability. He comes with full knowledge of Switzerland, Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Paraguay, and he's pretty cheap.

Adding Mitrovic, Crausaz and Vujacic to my scouting department raised me from 42% world knowledge as Arsenal to 54%.

I have Berbadillo too, he's great! Also try Roberto Ayala, David Suazo, Janne Wilkman, Heiko Lessig, Petr Ruman, John Vik, Wagner Molina and Orlando Ribeiro. I have 47% total knowledge.

/Rudolf Zbinden, the chief scout at Basel, has 16/17/19 Adaptability, JCA, JPA, and full knowledge of Switzerland, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay and Uruguay. Moved to Arsenal as a scout for £8.75kpw.

Also Darío Drudi, he's mid- late-20s at game start but has good stats and will get better, and knowledge of several countries. He left on my game though to become a manager at Barnsley.

What about youth staff like U21 coaches or U18 coaches? I wish there was a search option for them. Most coaches aren't even remotely interested in those roles.

What about youth staff like U21 coaches or U18 coaches? I wish there was a search option for them. Most coaches aren't even remotely interested in those roles.

When you're in staff search you can change the option for results shown. Generally it will be set to show those interested in a first team role, but you can change it to show those who would be interested in working with U21s or U18s. They're not as high quality (as you'd expect) and in my experience the best you can hope for is a 4* coach, maybe a 4.5*. Remeber to also check the Working with Youngsters attribute.

at the end of my first season with man utd and stam and bellucci have left i need some replacements but also need the following

Tactics - very heavy - 4.5 stars - any 5 star coaches

defending - very heavy - 4 stars attacking - very heavy - 4 stars

under 21 gk coach - 3 stars anyone 4 stars or more?

Also can you get any 5 star coaches for the following areas?

strength - any 5 star staff?

ball control - 4 stars - any 5 star staff

shooting - 4.5 stars - any 5 star staff

shot stop/handling - any 5 star staff

current staff

butt - ball control - 3.5

giggs - shooting - 3.5

hoek - shot stopping - 4.5

walker - strength - 4

strudwick - strength - 4.5

fettis - u21 gk - handling - 3

hulse - u21 fitness - aerobic - 4

valero - handling - 4.5

bonaccorso - ball control - 4

scholes - shooting - 4

bordon - aerobic - 5

bortoluzzi - attacking - 4

salzarulo - ball control - 4

maldera - tactics - 4.5

g.vio - shooting - 4.5

I have Antonio Pintus for Man Utd. He gives me 5* for strength.

Jose Sambade gives me 5* for shot stopping.

Thoughts on this guy as Assistant Manager?

felipe%20oliveira.png

I currenly have Riekerink:

jan%20olde.png

Basically, Riekerink has good AM stats as defined by the game areas highlighted, but is a terrible coach (3.5* is his higest level of training) and Oliverira looks to be more of an all rounder. Stick or twist?

Motivation - 15

Determination - 15

Level of Discipline - 15

Would you use these settings for the basis for all coaches?

Motivation - 15

Determination - 15

Level of Discipline - 15

Would you use these settings for the basis for all coaches?

Yep. Then set round it. Some say have 18 of two and 13 of one so it works well, how I do it.

Thoughts on this guy as Assistant Manager?

/snip.

Basically, Riekerink has good AM stats as defined by the game areas highlighted, but is a terrible coach (3.5* is his higest level of training) and Oliverira looks to be more of an all rounder. Stick or twist?

I'd of kept Riekerink, with United you'd have so many good coaches but he looks like a top Assistant.

Yep. Then set round it. Some say have 18 of two and 13 of one so it works well, how I do it.

I'd of kept Riekerink, with United you'd have so many good coaches but he looks like a top Assistant.

I have a couple of coaches who DDM stats are lower than 15 in one area but are higher in the other two, so the 18/18/13 might be a decent rough guide, and possibly help you find better coaches. The higher the total for those three the better the coach will be (obviously they need to have high stats for each coaching area as well), but it's not good if a coach had 20 for Attackiing and Technical only to have a combined total of 19 for DDM. Finding coahces with 15+ in ALL of those categories (in this example, DDM, Attacking and Technical) is extremely difficult. I have my DDM stats set to a minimum of 10 and then have the specific training area stats at 15. All my first team coaches are at least 4.5* and a couple of 5* (in fitness and goalkeeping).

I did keep Riekerink in the end, mainly for hid Judging stats and the fact he knows the current squad. Oliveira isn't at United, he was a free agent so the graphic was red because he's Portuguese. Might get him as a regular coach, let his stats increase and then maybe promote him in the future :p