6V914Mrl.jpg

Competitions overview:

sqhj4e3l.jpg

Lost 4:0 to Chelsea in FA semi and 5:0! to Dynamo Kyiv in EL final :mad:

Player awards and team of the season.

norzJ87l.jpg

And transfers (started with no budgets) in january:

sold Can for £36m to PSG and Enrique for 1.1m to Stoke

bought Sven Bender (5.5), Gotze (30), De Sciglio (20) and Munoz (13.25).

Had to restart again decided to scrap the 4-4-1-1 & go back to the 4-2-3-1 formation a attacking one fingers crossed I get it right early

Hmm, my playthrough is in hold atm.

Developing youth is a big thing for me, and currently some of the players i bought as tutors say the players importance is too low to tutor, even though their squad status is above backup and their rep is higher than my youth.

So im waiting until i find out if theres an issue, or if the tutoring mechanic has changed. :(

Finally sold Firmino for $30m, some of it after league matches and so on, but that is fine by me.

Sold Mignolet for $20m, picked up ter Stegan for $20m for replacement.

999 Posts... ohhhh..

How on earth did you get that for Mignolet? I'm trying to move him on and I can't even get rid of him for Peanuts!! Wow great deal for Ter Stegan, how did you manage that? I have Jefferson in goal now with Butland as back up, the idea is Butland will take over from Jefferson when he has developed a bit more!

Inside Forward Attack on the left.

I'm wondering if I should switch him to that position also, I'm currently have him playing in the centre of the park as a RPM alternating with Coutinho. I'm beginning to wonder if these 2 are wasted there..... so I may need to swap position or push the position forward to AP or similar..

Wow Britos' OG on 90th minute brings me the title in the first season

6V914Mrl.jpg

Competitions overview:

sqhj4e3l.jpg

Lost 4:0 to Chelsea in FA semi and 5:0! to Dynamo Kyiv in EL final :mad:

Player awards and team of the season.

norzJ87l.jpg

And transfers (started with no budgets) in january:

sold Can for £36m to PSG and Enrique for 1.1m to Stoke

bought Sven Bender (5.5), Gotze (30), De Sciglio (20) and Munoz (13.25).

Fancy Gaffot, what tactics do you play with, if you don't mind me asking?

b9c5c34d352b027a6234761a9462afb3.png

So far so good on my save. Two tough games out the way and we're getting better the further into the season we go.

Rotating a lot of the team and in the Braga win, I did an almost complete hockey rotation for the first 11 before the game.

How on earth did you get that for Mignolet? I'm trying to move him on and I can't even get rid of him for Peanuts!! Wow great deal for Ter Stegan, how did you manage that? I have Jefferson in goal now with Butland as back up, the idea is Butland will take over from Jefferson when he has developed a bit more!

Mignolet won golden glove the year before, so it was quite easy.

Ter Stegan, I just bid for him and had it accepted, not sure why, could not see anything that would be the reason for it being accepted.

I was considering buying Muslera and selling Mignolet before the transfer window shut, but thought that I ripped this team up enough as it is. :lol:

First game into season 3, didn't play several fringe players, and they all come to me after the game and whinge about first team football..

It has been one game, WTF?? How Stupid.

Lost Can and Icardi in the one match, about 2 months each..

2 of my best players gone!!

Sad darn Face :(

Game has gone Mental.

I now lost ter Stegan, Dier, Volland and Ibe. Add Icardi and Can from before and my first team is pretty low right now.

Fancy Gaffot, what tactics do you play with, if you don't mind me asking?

that 4-2-3-1 standard/structured which is on the pic, 4-3-3 control/flexible and 4-4-2 diamond counter/fluid. 4-4-2 is pretty terrible though :)

A quarter of the way through the season and I have somehow managed to be top by 5 points, not played anyone of note since the first game of the season when I beat Man Citeh 2-0. The scum are up next at home though.

Still not happy with my attacking play but Sturridge has returned to full training so will see the effect he has over the next month or two. Firmino is an enigma and Benteke just isn't fitting in.

English%20Premier%20Division_%20Overview%20Stages_zps7nidi8kl.png

that 4-2-3-1 standard/structured which is on the pic, 4-3-3 control/flexible and 4-4-2 diamond counter/fluid. 4-4-2 is pretty terrible though :)

The exact same formation as the picture? With a DM and a CM? I am playing that exact same formation with Liverpool (as your picture) but was wondering what player roles and duties you have set? I am trying to find the right balance!

My new tactic is promising in pre season so far but we will see in the proper season

The exact same formation as the picture? With a DM and a CM? I am playing that exact same formation with Liverpool (as your picture) but was wondering what player roles and duties you have set? I am trying to find the right balance!

Yes, here it is:

1E6mRJGl.jpg

To be honest my team played very poorly for the majority of the season (was 8th on Christmas) then magically in January they started performing until mid-April.

Fixtures from hell 1st 3 games got Man Utd,Arsenal & Chelsea

A very successful preseason done, and I'm ready for a longterm save with LFC. Had a good start with the season as well, sitting in top after 4 games with 12 points. Did some interesting transfers before the upcoming season, and bought in a lot of potential.

In:

Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £30m

Timo Horn (1. FC Köln) - £6.5m

Lucas Romero (Velez) - £4m

Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan) - £1.4m

Out:

Dejan Lovren (PSG) - £19m

Jose Enrique (Crystal Palace) - £3m

Divock Origi (FC København) - Loan

Adam Bogdan (Fiorentina) - Loan

Joe Allen (Arsenal) - £24.5m

Didn't got an offer for Lallana actually, so he will be staying. Maybe because Arsenal splashed the cash on Allen. Was lining up Saul as Allen´s replacement, but Arsenal bought him as well!

A very successful preseason done, and I'm ready for a longterm save with LFC. Had a good start with the season as well, sitting in top after 4 games with 12 points. Did some interesting transfers before the upcoming season, and bought in a lot of potential.

In:

Daniele Rugani (Juventus) - £30m

Timo Horn (1. FC Köln) - £6.5m

Lucas Romero (Velez) - £4m

Andrija Zivkovic (Partizan) - £1.4m

Out:

Dejan Lovren (PSG) - £19m

Jose Enrique (Crystal Palace) - £3m

Divock Origi (FC København) - Loan

Adam Bogdan (Fiorentina) - Loan

Joe Allen (Arsenal) - £24.5m

Didn't got an offer for Lallana actually, so he will be staying. Maybe because Arsenal splashed the cash on Allen. Was lining up Saul as Allen´s replacement, but Arsenal bought him as well!

I find, as soon as you bid for someone, lots of other bids come in for same player, and they get stolen off you sort of.

Why sell Allen? He is alround perfect for off the bench box to box style play.

I find, as soon as you bid for someone, lots of other bids come in for same player, and they get stolen off you sort of.

Why sell Allen? He is alround perfect for off the bench box to box style play.

Completely agree, Allen is excellent cover all round.

I like his attributes, but he was unhappy and wanted to go to Arsenal.

Completely agree, Allen is excellent cover all round.

I like his attributes, but he was unhappy and wanted to go to Arsenal.

Ah that is different, it's a shame but once Henderson is fit he's never going to be first choice though.

My 2 cents, I like Sturridge in FM16 but he average play no more than 10-12 games per season due to injury, is it like that also in the real thing ?

Thanks

@Fancy Gaffot

Thanks mate, how is the team playing with all 3 AM's in advanced playmaker positions? In the three behind the STC (who I keep as Advanced forward ATTK; Carlos Tevez) I keep the AML/R as IF(S) and the AMC (Coutinho) as Advanced Playmaker (S). Sturridge is feeding off your support with 32 goals!!!

I've signed Moreno for my Madrid save due to the fact he's obviously from that nation, and, he seems to be performing really well.

@Fancy Gaffot

Thanks mate, how is the team playing with all 3 AM's in advanced playmaker positions? In the three behind the STC (who I keep as Advanced forward ATTK; Carlos Tevez) I keep the AML/R as IF(S) and the AMC (Coutinho) as Advanced Playmaker (S). Sturridge is feeding off your support with 32 goals!!!

Well I'd love to have IFs on the wings but Coutinho and Lallana are 'greener' as APs. To be honest I don't know how big the penalty is for playing in a less suited role so I keep my players at maximum suitability and it means playing with 3 playmakers.

At the start of the second season Juventus accepted my 90M offer for Pogba and he's ready to sign for 200k per week, really don't know what to do!

I also started my first FM 2016 game with Liverpool, currently sitting on top, and getting near January. So lovely! Using 4-1-2-2-1.

Here is a screenshot of the fixtures so far.

5y7OzGq.jpg

Im thinking about letting Henderson, Sturridge and Lallana go in this january window. What do you think?

Not using Lallana, and Henderson + Sturridge seems to get injuries whenever they come back. Havent played 3 matches with them, and Arsenal keeps bidding 40 mil euro for Henderson.

Season 1 formation

omphibJ.jpg

Backroom advice

C0XdSqk.jpg

Transfers Ins & Outs

oMs7tWv.jpg

Injuries :(

ArihtxDh.jpg

Coaches & Training

IP09OJV.jpg

Im just one game into my season so will post another screenshot of my results when i have a few more played

Hi guys!

I haven't played football manager in a very, very long time...

I'm three games in to my season.

I haven't won a match yet and my squad has been decimated with injuries! I currently have 14 first team players out

It might sound obvious Bash but you have to manage your players very carefully up to match sharpness at the start of the season. Play as many friendlies as possible and don't use players for more than 45 - 60 minutes if their sharpness is below 70-80%.

And welcome to the boards!

Yeah thanks!

I haven't been playing the players longer than 60 mins in friendly's, and when season started all were over 90 for fitness and sharpness. Then everyone started to get injured! At the minute i have NO option but to play people not fully fit :herman:

Hoping everything improves or I shall be getting the boot!

Hmm.

Has this changed from FM15, where your players never started more than 70 odd percent match fitness? I started unemployed on my only FM16 game but I'd be surprised if this has changed. Condition will be up in the 90s yeah but not match fitness (now called sharpness).

Just coming into January but it's looking unlikely I'll finish fourth which was my board expectation; what are the chances I'll get sacked if I don't? I'm tempted to just start a whole new game, as this one has been a mixture of getting used to the game, formulating how I want to play, and incredible bad luck with some games and injuries.

As usual tactics work in pre season & nothing when the proper season starts

I am starting to see some patterns myself.

I am able to get tactics working with no issues, but there are periods where they seem useless and I draw loads of matches (I am yet to lose in current season), during this period, all my teams average rating drops dramatically.

I rest and rotate players well, they're all fresh.

But after about 5 or so games, they snap out of it with a massive win.

These periods, seem to be roughly the same time each year, one is usally early Jan, and the other late March.

922c4079b42f0c75d1f5066dbfdc5b3d.png

Rossiter had a great international break so I'm going to give him a go in the Watford home game.

Lost all 3 games in my draw from hell but draw against Newcastle then beat Aston Villa Benteke scored a hattrick against his old club :D

About to smashed out of ECC by Barcelona, in the first knock out round, so below expectations..

Not sure if the board will like this much.

struggling as well to get a 433 working for me. not a fan of the new tactics screen

So I scout all youth intake, ever year and try to sign who is best.

No one will join, sorry not interested.

Um..

You play for a Championship team, a team who has won the last 2 Premiership season wants you, and you're not interested?

Ok!!!

Great...Ings out for 8 months with cruciates - well at least it's realistic :(