FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9dcb54939ea1955582418da3794e78c0.png

I think I should be getting arrested for extortion. :lol:

They gave me 15m for him! I should have tried for more!!

I also got the keeper, but no WP, I'll loan him out and reapply next year, hopefully he will have played enough then.

Managed to get Jefferson in goal and butland was listed by request! ( got him for 7m) so I could not really pass up on that deal!

Now to shift mignolet!

Few youngsters like hagi, ajer, etc in for minimal fees and augustinsson for left back cover, he looks a reasonable prospect!

Hello,

Just started the game as Liverpool.

Transfers in so far:

Felix Passlack

Iver Fossum

Emanuel Mammana

Barbosa

Zach Clough

Ajer

Out:

Enrique

Lovren

Lallana

Plus a few loans.

Decided to try and replicate Klipperty (Klopp's, sorry) formation and go for a 4-2-3-1 with IF. First game was Watford away which we won 1-0 courtesy of a Gabigol goal. Can't seem to get Benteke into the game at the moment so changed him to a TM support rather than attack.

About to play Chelsea..

Beneteke was hopeless for me.1 goal in 15..avg rat 6.1...Tried to offload in January transfer window but no one wanted him even at 9m.

Yeah, I'm playing Clyne with WB(A), but whilst not the best option, I could have Gomez cover there and switch it to FB(S). Hoping Flanagan can do a decent job there when fit again but if I find he can't I'll sign someone then. I'm short on transfer budget now as it wasn't a number 1 priority. Maybe if I get big money for Lallana, but I'm considering bringing Sigurdson in to replace Lallana if Arsenal come calling with big money.

I also play Clyne as a WB(A) and he has been my best player but Ibe is also pretty good there too.Both avg rat over 7.3

Beneteke was hopeless for me.1 goal in 15..avg rat 6.1...Tried to offload in January transfer window but no one wanted him even at 9m.
Only 1 good game for me Benteke had scored a hat trick & thats about it might sell him at seasons end

ok, i will be getting this payday.. who are the goto youth players to buy?

Breel Embolo

Gabriel Barbosa

Ramadan Sobhy

Jairo Riedewald

Malcom

Daniele Rugani

Riechedly Bazoer

That is who I got first season, all good youth. Bazoer is Emre Can like, not quite as good stat wise, but he performs.

Breel Embolo

Gabriel Barbosa

Ramadan Sobhy

Jairo Riedewald

Malcom

Daniele Rugani

Riechedly Bazoer

That is who I got first season, all good youth. Bazoer is Emre Can like, not quite as good stat wise, but he performs.

Cheers the only one i dont know there is Sobhy...

Bazoer im a fan of as i am of Rugani.

I think I'm finally ready to have a go at my first 'proper' save. Tactical familiarity isn't going as well as I'd hoped but I'm keeping the match tactics training high and hopefully I won't start with too much of a hammering in my first game, against Man Citeh.

I'm using an asymmetric 4-3-2-1 formation to try and give a bit of defensive solidity as well as to fit Milner in to the side, I'm not paying him £150k a week to sit on the bench!

Tactics_%20%20Overview_zpsvjtc4ge7.png

I don't want to go too adventurous from the start so I'm going to attempt a possession based game allowing Coutinho and Firmino in particular plenty of creative freedom in order to unlock defences, if things aren't going too well up top then I will remove the 'retain possession instruction. The plan is to use Benteke against teams who defend deep and Sturridge (when fit) against teams who use a higher line.

Tactics_%20%20Overview-2_zpsyg5beaop.png

I've tried to keep signings to a minimum, unless someone (Arsenal) come in with a big offer for one of my players (Lallana) in which case I have a list of targets fully scouted and ready to bid on!

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpsvh15epy0.png

Pre-season was a mixed affair results wise but morale is high so now it's time for the big kick off.

Schedule_%20%20Senior%20Fixtures_zpspsdkli1b.png

Would highly recommend people at the start of the game tying up Reece Oxford for £1.1m compensation from West Ham. Had to offer around 10k per week and a few bonuses etc but him and Gomez could be the central defence sorted for years to come after a few years of tutoring and correct training.

Sven Bender is also a must at £6.5m great defensive ball winning cover with Lucas.

Like others here have done, I've just had a big transfer deadline day with Arsenal coming in for Lallana. Managed to get £40m for him, and brought in:

- Emanuel Mammana for £8m

- Gabriel Barbosa for £15m

- Breel Embolo for £12.5

Looking at having Mammana and Gomez as my future centre back pairing, Barbosa will be coming straight into the match day squad as a sub/cover for Sturridge/Ings, and Embolo is further cover for upfront whilst I'm also training him as an AMC to replace Lallana and rotate with Firmino there. Embolo and Barbosa are also a lot better out wide than anyone we have so it gives me more options tactically as well, though I don't have wide players at the moment.

Also sent Origi out on loan, and hopefully have a deal sorted out ready for January with Sevilla for Lovren. Accepted £4m to get rid quick.

I'm having no luck with Benteke & Sturridge upfront anyone had any luck yet ? Switched to the 4-4-2 to play both in the same team but not working out so I'm gonna use the 4-4-1-1 rotating both

Sturridge is still injured for me, but I've been having some success playing Benteke and Ings, Benteke as TM(S) and Ings as CF(A), though Origi played as well as Benteke in his position.

I'm having no luck with Benteke & Sturridge upfront anyone had any luck yet ? Switched to the 4-4-2 to play both in the same team but not working out so I'm gonna use the 4-4-1-1 rotating both

Doesn't matter much mate.

I have tested and tested, it seems scoring is very difficult in this years versions.

Only way I have scored reasonable well is to push 4 or so men up, I have two strikers and two winger nearly even with them on the pitch.

Like others here have done, I've just had a big transfer deadline day with Arsenal coming in for Lallana. Managed to get £40m for him, and brought in:

- Emanuel Mammana for £8m

- Gabriel Barbosa for £15m

- Breel Embolo for £12.5

Looking at having Mammana and Gomez as my future centre back pairing, Barbosa will be coming straight into the match day squad as a sub/cover for Sturridge/Ings, and Embolo is further cover for upfront whilst I'm also training him as an AMC to replace Lallana and rotate with Firmino there. Embolo and Barbosa are also a lot better out wide than anyone we have so it gives me more options tactically as well, though I don't have wide players at the moment.

Also sent Origi out on loan, and hopefully have a deal sorted out ready for January with Sevilla for Lovren. Accepted £4m to get rid quick.

Sturridge is still injured for me, but I've been having some success playing Benteke and Ings, Benteke as TM(S) and Ings as CF(A), though Origi played as well as Benteke in his position.

You were only able to get 4 million for Lovren? I made a point of selling him too, but I'm surprised his value dropped so low. I got 20.5 million pounds from PSG for him, but having said that, he's a decent fm defender and I think his attributes are pretty much unchanged from last year. You must have REALLY wanted to get rid of him...

Mignolet

Clyne

Dier

Sakho

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Firmino

Coutinho

Sturridge

Volland

Horn

Rugani

Ibe

Ings

Chambers

Bazoer

Embolo

Sobhy

Malcom

Barbosa

Riedewald

Cataldi

Icardi

Saul.

That is the first team..

Wow what a squad you have there

Defence is good, however I struggle to score, 30-40 shots per game, just can't hit the back of the net as much as I like.

How are you finding Chambers? Any good? I need a DC / DR and ideally English.

How are you finding Chambers? Any good? I need a DC / DR and ideally English.

Stones first choice, Eric Dier second.

Chambers is you can't get either of those two.

Chambers does the job, but he is nothing exciting. If you had him in your main team, it'll still be a good choice.

You were only able to get 4 million for Lovren? I made a point of selling him too, but I'm surprised his value dropped so low. I got 20.5 million pounds from PSG for him, but having said that, he's a decent fm defender and I think his attributes are pretty much unchanged from last year. You must have REALLY wanted to get rid of him...

He's on pretty high wages and I don't plan on playing him at all, as I've got Gomez and Mammana who would both benefit from some playing time. I was hoping to get more, but I had to keep lowering the asking price to get anyone to bite, and it was a non-negotiable offer for £4m. I just wanted rid of his wages, so had to settle for that. Could have been better but I felt I'd done alright on my other transfers.

Having a rough time with Liverpool. No matter what tactics we play terribly. Start of January for me now, league table is

Everton - 50

City - 43

Arsenal - 39

Chelsea - 37

Liverpool - 37

Tottenham - 36

Man Utd - 36

And that's with a few rage quits, otherwise I'd be in relegation battle I suppose :seagull:

Sold Enrique to Stoke, PSG are buying Can for £36M. I am going to buy Sven Bender for 6m as a replacement. Haven't played since FM14 and with new scouting system I find it hard to find any gems to buy.

Mignolet

Clyne

Dier

Sakho

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Firmino

Coutinho

Sturridge

Volland

Horn

Rugani

Ibe

Ings

Chambers

Bazoer

Embolo

Sobhy

Malcom

Barbosa

Riedewald

Cataldi

Icardi

Saul.

That is the first team..

How did you get Icardi? I have managed to sign Tevez, Dybala, Ter Stegen & Goretzka all in my second season but can never get Icardi!!!

How did you get Icardi? I have managed to sign Tevez, Dybala, Ter Stegen & Goretzka all in my second season but can never get Icardi!!!

He cost me a few quid, around $45mil.

I started on him as soon as game started, dummy bids, showing interest and so on, so I slowly got him unsettled.

Then, as it happens, I qualified for ECC after 1 season, and I actually won the EPL first season too. Made a bid, negotiated as much as possible and they accepted.

Then negotiated Wage, Inter already given up on him, he wanted big money, but I got him down to 100k a week.

Just started my first save, as LFC obviously. I started unemployed as I wanted to give Klopp a chance. He blew it: finished 7th, failed to win a trophy and was sacked shortly after the season ended.

After some smooth-talking Mr Warner, I was offered the job (despite my horrendous melted face!) I wasn't left with a great squad to be fair. Lucas was sold and no other defensive midfielder was bought to replace him. Klopp signed Peruzzi, a left back (can't remember his name now but not great!), Carillo and Luan.

Fortunately however I have been given quite a large kitty. My first signing was Stefan de Vrij from Lazio for around £10m plus £30m in instalments. I also signed Mauro Icardi in a similar deal, Sven Bender (who had been transfer listed) for £6m after refusing to meet Grzegorz Krychowiak's release clause of £45m, and Timo Horn for £6.5m.

I then began looking for improvements for the left back position, as I don't use wingers so wanted and improvement on Moreno, when I noticed that Ozil was transfer-listed (and interested)! Amazingly I was able to sign him for £15m up front and £30m over 48 months. He is on £200k per week but I thought I couldn't miss out on that opportunity (Moreno will have to do for now!).

I’ve so far sold Balotelli (£21m), Lallana (£20m), and Luis Alberto (£7m), and am thinking of selling Lovren, although will probably keep as back up.

My only problem so far is than Dan Sturridge wants to leave for Champions League football. I promised that I’d sell him if we didn’t achieve it this year, but he stubbornly wouldn’t accept we were good enough to achieve it (this was before I signed Ozil – I wonder if his stance would have been different had I already signed him?). Anyway I have no intention of selling and hopefully he will come round if we’re looking good in the league.

I have two tactics being used so far: 4-3-2-1 (Christmas Tree), due to the amount of AMs in the squad and 4-4-2 narrow diamond. I will post my tactics in more detail when I’m home, but so far so good. Cruised through my friendlies thus far (who have all been Championship or below, and Vitesse) and just beat Slovak Bratislava in the Europa League qualifier first leg 2-0 at Anfield. Sterner tests ahead of course - not to mention Barcelona away in a friendly. Hopefully their squad will be fit so I can sort of gauge how I’m doing.

How on earth did you gt 20m for Lovren!

I have tried all preseason and could only get 10m!

Tell me your magic! :D

How much do you get with Liverpool first season and how much can you make selling the rubbish players there, want to start a new save, was going to do it with Newcastle but their budget is rubbish, want to sign players like Romero, Pavon, Balanta etc.

It was somewhere around £15m I think, so it's not loads to start with, but you may be able to get more if you ask for it. For me and a lot of others I've seen on here, Arsenal come in for Lallana on deadline day and I managed to get £40m out of them for him which I spent straight away.

It's four wins from four and sitting on top of the league as we leave August, performances need to improve and the movement up front isn't really what I am after but it's a work in progress.

English%20Premier%20Division__zps8jar4fn8.png

Arsenal came in for Lallana and so I went after those targets I was talking about, all prospects for the future. I'll be going for big names if and when I get ion the Champions League.

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History-2_zpsdyfperer.png

I'm in a quandary...brought in Jefferson and Butland - both for very cheap deals :) I have sold Bogdan and also signed another good GK prospect - but need WP for him.

Do I sell Mignolet now or at the end of the season. I'm worried if I don't let him go now then his value will drop, but then I worry what if Butland or Jefferson don't cut it?

any advice?

I'm in a quandary...brought in Jefferson and Butland - both for very cheap deals :) I have sold Bogdan and also signed another good GK prospect - but need WP for him.

Do I sell Mignolet now or at the end of the season. I'm worried if I don't let him go now then his value will drop, but then I worry what if Butland or Jefferson don't cut it?

any advice?

That's where your scouting and judgement comes in, every transfer leaves you as a hostage to fortune to some extent, all you can do is minimise the risks by analysis and scouting.

Personally I'd say both your signings will be up to the task, especially Butland but when they get to the standard you want is difficult to ascertain. One thing for certain is they won't if they don't play them and if you are going to play them is there any point in keeping Mignolet?

Can get £19m for Lovren in first season.

First day of save, offer him to clubs for £20m.

PSG will come and negotiate, offer him at £19m and lock it in. They will accept.

Can also sell Enqique for £3.5m by offering him for £3.5m on first day.

Archived