FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished second in my first season at Liverpool, had the best defensive record and Mignolet was team of the year. Beat Valencia on penalties in a he Europa league final, but disappointed in the cups being knocked out by lower league sides.

Sold lallana for 38mil to arsenal (lol) and also sold other fodder such as lovren, toure etc. signed Tielemans, Luan and Sven bender.

End of the first season I found it extremely difficult to sign anyone, Juve rejected 35 mil for Morata but accepted 21 mil from Madrid, I then offered 30mil for him and locked the negotiations and they accepted which was odd. He then chose Madrid over me which I have no complaints about (although I did offer him 100k per week more)

Bernando Silva signed a new contract at Monaco which got rid of his release clause, so that made him near on impossible to sign, and athletico wouldn't accept anything under 45milliom for Giminez.

Ended up signing Mauro Icardi for 40mil, and Marquinhos for 35mil and now I have 25mil left.

Flogged balotelli to city for 20mil, Benteke to psg (didn't fit any system, don't like using a target man) for 28mil, Joe Allen to city for 10mil, and Markovic to Bayern for 25mil

Hoping to get a Very good left footed inside forward with my remaining funds, but they're like Goldust.

I suppose the over inflated prices does make it pretty realistic.

Re : Morata

Madrid have a buyback clause.

And to add to that.

if you were a highly rated youngster, would you pick Liverpool over and Manchester Club? Or Arsenal? Or a big Spanish/Italy/German Club?

Probably not.

If I was a highly rated youngster, I wouldn't pick any of the English teams to be honest.

How are people getting Gabriel Barbosa in? In my save he wasn't interested in negotiating a contract because he didn't deem Liverpool strong enough....wtf?

BTW, has anyone checked if any Liverpool players are given a boost with the reals of the 16.1.0 and the new data base? There were a few people complaining that Sakho should have higher CA/PA and attributes such as first touch, passing, technique......

What is your starting reputation as a manager? I signed him in the first couple of days for like 3 million I think, but I selected the recommended reputation which was really high. It could be more that he didn't want to play for a manager with your reputation if it wasn't high enough.

Curious as to whether Jamie Carragher is a coach on this game or not? Can anybody check that out for me guys? Do not get the game until Friday. I'm looking to sign him as my under 18s manager if he is on the game. Would appreciate if anybody could try and sign him to see whether he would be willing to accept a coaching contract or not?

Thanks in advance guys.

Curious as to whether Jamie Carragher is a coach on this game or not? Can anybody check that out for me guys? Do not get the game until Friday. I'm looking to sign him as my under 18s manager if he is on the game. Would appreciate if anybody could try and sign him to see whether he would be willing to accept a coaching contract or not?

Thanks in advance guys.

He's an unemployed manager, but not very good.

I'm probably going to jinx myself writing this, but is anyone else finding things a bit too easy? I'm not tearing up the league or anything like that but mid way though my 1st season, I'm sitting top (only by 1 point), but also undefeated, dropped points from draws only.

Only made 3 signings (Luan, balanta, sisto), sold toure, Lallana thus far.

I was expecting a fight to even make the top 4, but here I am. Now I've written this I'm waiting for my form to slump!!!

I am really struggling, tried tweaking my tactics but team cannot seem to create chances or score goals. Entering December we are sat in 8th but only 2 points off of 3rd. We are among the lowest scorers in the league. In the Europa League we have won all 5 games so far including two against Athletic Bilbao. Having a real issue with Sakho's discipline, played 18, 9 yellows and 1 red. Which is completely unrealistic given his calm demeanour in real life. Just checked his stats and he has only recieved 2 yellows in the 48 times he has played for Liverpool. Is it worth bringing this up with game development?

What is your starting reputation as a manager? I signed him in the first couple of days for like 3 million I think, but I selected the recommended reputation which was really high. It could be more that he didn't want to play for a manager with your reputation if it wasn't high enough.

I've given myself the highest, so I don't think that is the problem.

Could it be perhaps the starting date of my save? The starting date is late June in Germany

I am really struggling, tried tweaking my tactics but team cannot seem to create chances or score goals. Entering December we are sat in 8th but only 2 points off of 3rd. We are among the lowest scorers in the league. In the Europa League we have won all 5 games so far including two against Athletic Bilbao. Having a real issue with Sakho's discipline, played 18, 9 yellows and 1 red. Which is completely unrealistic given his calm demeanour in real life. Just checked his stats and he has only recieved 2 yellows in the 48 times he has played for Liverpool. Is it worth bringing this up with game development?

actually now you mention it, he has had 2 reds for me and a few yellows in 1/2 a season

I've given myself the highest, so I don't think that is the problem.

Could it be perhaps the starting date of my save? The starting date is late June in Germany

quite possibly it is the start date. transfers seem to have been worked on so that if you bid at certain times a player may not speak to you but at others times he'll jump at the chance to join. depending on other interest

What are the thoughts like for Maia? I've scouted him a bit and been in transfer negotiations, I could get him for around £5m plus add-ons. However, at the moment I'm lining up with 4-3-1-2, so there's no DM players. Lucas is currently playing as a MC(D), and I have Can as back up at the moment, and Allen can play there too if needed.

So far I've signed Augustinsson to replace Enrique as cover for LB and is also a possible future first team player. Looking for cover for RB as well seeing as Flanagan is essentially out for the season, but not really found anyone yet. Hoping Arsenal come in for Lallana but if they don't he can stay as back up. Any suggestions for who to bring in if I'm going with 4-3-1-2?

Why?

What's your balance?

How many players did you sign using the 48months option?

My finances stayed the same, made a $200m profit, and about 2-3 players were purchased over 48 mths.

I am slimming my squad as we speak, if you're not first team or back up, you're out the door.

Means players like Origi, Ings who were sitting on the pine most of last season, will go.

I signed Thiago Maia, is there a reason I can't ask Lucas to tutor him?

For RB look at Gino Peruzzi from Boca. You can have him usually for around 4m Euros at the start.

I'll take a look now, having second thoughts about a RB though, Gomez could cover there for now if Clyne did get injured, but don't want to have two back ups when Flanagan does come back. If he doesn't come back playing well from his injury I may get someone for the second season. I've also signed Timo Horn to replace Bogdan as back up goalie as he has a release clause of £6.5m and is a decent prospect.

I was thinking of removing all the injuries from all the leagues that I have loaded, Everton for instance have eight first team players out injured at the start and a lot of them weren't injured at the beginning of the season.

Maybe I could remove players' injuries that were injured after pre-season? I don't know, I know a lot of people are against tinkering with the game but it could only be fair.

I was thinking of removing all the injuries from all the leagues that I have loaded, Everton for instance have eight first team players out injured at the start and a lot of them weren't injured at the beginning of the season.

Maybe I could remove players' injuries that were injured after pre-season? I don't know, I know a lot of people are against tinkering with the game but it could only be fair.

Most of evertons injured players are back before pre season ends anyway just FYI.

Unsure who to have as Sub 5 & 8. Any help guys?

Firmino is better for the future but not for right now.

Push the L/R midfield players up into attacking positions, have Firmino as Sub. Dangle Lallana in transfer market for $40million, wait for Arsenal to make bid, then sell.

Pick up Embolo.

Sell Lovren (should get $10m), then pick up young guy named Jose Gimenez or Jairo Riedewald.

For top 6 teams I usually got for mario fernandes at CSKA, who you could get for £5million, but this glaring error seems to have been rectified in the full release :(

That's too bad. He has been quite the steal for me. Value jumped to like 20 million pounds immediately after I bought him.

Game is ready to go. Made a couple of small edits to players ask was disappointed with the potential of a couple

Do like the new PA ranges tho as it gives a better scope for players. Should mean no overload of 170+ PA players as that range and up should be top tier with 150 up being good enough to make any squad

Started again..

IN

Rugani

Horn

Chambers (I asked the board to do this, they accepted and signed him for me even though I had no budget)

OUT

Toure

Lovren

And that is it, no more money, Lallana will be sold next transfer windows, Arsenal tend to pick him up then.

That will give me a little more room in the market, not sure where to focus then, maybe a DL option.

I'll take a look now, having second thoughts about a RB though, Gomez could cover there for now if Clyne did get injured, but don't want to have two back ups when Flanagan does come back. If he doesn't come back playing well from his injury I may get someone for the second season. I've also signed Timo Horn to replace Bogdan as back up goalie as he has a release clause of £6.5m and is a decent prospect.

IMO Gomez is not good enough to cover at RB, he lacks the attributes I look for in an attacking fullback. I usually use WB-S/A roles there.

The injuries are ridiculous, especially the way SI decide who starts the save injured. I would remove those who were not inured in June/July, like our very own Henderson

There are half ranges now.. so as well as the usual -9, -8, -7 etc .. there are -85, -75, -65 .. which should be read as -8.5 for example... half ranges..

So what is the range for a PA of -85? Is it from 160 to 180?155 to 175?

Archived