FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

Wouldn't mind it myself if you could send it to me as well.

Even though I am successful, I am still willing to try other tactics.

Will do as soon as I get on my laptop tonight

Here's a dilemma for you:

I'm in season 3. As I play with inside forwards, I've got two right-footers on the left wing: Markovic and Origi. As good a player as he is, Lazar doesn't quite cut the mustard in this role.

Wolfsburg have just made me an offer of £30m for Markovic.

Raheem Sterling has just handed in a transfer request at Man City - £32m.

What do you do next? :p

Sign Sterling all day long, I have and played 5 games so far, he's been great for me.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in season 3. As I play with inside forwards, I've got two right-footers on the left wing: Markovic and Origi. As good a player as he is, Lazar doesn't quite cut the mustard in this role.

Well, personally Markovic didn't quite cut it for me as IF, there are far better players in that role. So I sold him in my second season during winter break. No regrets!

And if u can get Sterling for him, who is English and ofc a very good player. Not much of a dilemma in my opinion!

Well, personally Markovic didn't quite cut it for me as IF, there are far better players in that role. So I sold him in my second season during winter break. No regrets!

And if u can get Sterling for him, who is English and ofc a very good player. Not much of a dilemma in my opinion!

Yeah Markovic didn't perform consistently enough for me in season two, and was injured too frequently as well. It did give me a chance to keep his value up, and I sent Zivkovic on loan to Napoli that year to develop him as well. I sold Markovic for around 30 million to Real Madrid. What kind of wages does Sterling want?

You find the 2 million

Yeah Markovic didn't perform consistently enough for me in season two, and was injured too frequently as well. It did give me a chance to keep his value up, and I sent Zivkovic on loan to Napoli that year to develop him as well. I sold Markovic for around 30 million to Real Madrid. What kind of wages does Sterling want?

£145k a week. Well, that's not what he wants but it's what he's getting. Also only £4m (down from £9.5m!!!) for the signing on fee. I was really harsh in negotiations A) because I like to drive a hard bargain and he wanted to leave City but B) because of how he left IRL :p

His finishing etc isn't that much better than Markovic's, really, but he is better than him. And he's English, which brings me up to 11 English players in the 1st team squad. Building a nice little core there.

random question - I run about 18 leagues in my save - season 3 now and no signs of slowing down. Has anyone done a long term save with many leagues and if so how long does it take before it grinds to a halt?

I have a pretty powerful processor, 16gb ram and excellent graphics card. It runs everything I throw at it fine on max settings

random question - I run about 18 leagues in my save - season 3 now and no signs of slowing down. Has anyone done a long term save with many leagues and if so how long does it take before it grinds to a halt?

I have a pretty powerful processor, 16gb ram and excellent graphics card. It runs everything I throw at it fine on max settings

I got to 2022, slight slow down but still playable with no major issues.

I got to 2022, slight slow down but still playable with no major issues.

good to know - thanks

I guess if it does cause an issue, I can just remove some leagues - hadn't thought of that..

Started a save, first time playing FM in years. Absolutely nothing happened transfer-wise until the very last minute of the transfer window, where Arsenal bid £34Mil for Lallana. Obviously, I accepted. Brought in James Ward-Prowse and Carillo, who've both been pretty underwhelming. Tough game so far, in November sitting 8th. Massive help that Sturridge is back, Ings and Benteke just don't cut it for me.

Anyone manage to find a good way to use Bentekers?

Yea, he's great for generating transfer budget. Sold him for 40m (euro) to PSG. After sitting half a year on the bench though.

Haha, fair enough. Think I'll be moving him on then, good star rating but I've always liked somebody a bit more mobile up top.

On another note, anybody had Gabriel Barbosa? He was my first signing at £12Mil, one of my scouts found him. Stats are great for an 18/19 yo.

Haha, fair enough. Think I'll be moving him on then, good star rating but I've always liked somebody a bit more mobile up top.

On another note, anybody had Gabriel Barbosa? He was my first signing at £12Mil, one of my scouts found him. Stats are great for an 18/19 yo.

Not been stunning for me, but a good squad player. You can sell him for more than you bought him for.

he's considered the new Neymar in Brazil. can be brilliant if you get the high end of his potential which judging by the price you may have

starting again. spending over 200m in a single window just feels so unrealistic. even tho you get a lot of it from sales it just seems so wrong to do it.

cant ever see Liverpool spending that level of money in a window.

starting again. spending over 200m in a single window just feels so unrealistic. even tho you get a lot of it from sales it just seems so wrong to do it.

Speaking of which...

E1xRcS.png

(And no, I'm not actually interested in him.)

True that, as i said i love realistic saves so i buy most of the time only some talents or not so expensive real life targets. I spend 30 or max 40 million a season.

True that, as i said i love realistic saves so i buy most of the time only some talents or not so expensive real life targets. I spend 30 or max 40 million a season.

I don't mind spending 30-40 mil on a player but I brought in 5 players at that level, Dybala 44m, Kovavic, 37m, De Vrij 34m, Guedes 43m, Morata 30m plus another 4-5 players that added up to another 30m

didn't need Morata or Guedes but just bought them as I had the money. and as soon as I looked at the squad I lost interest. not cause I think its too good just cause I think I spent stupid money and I cant offload a few players either as I'm getting silly low bids for them.

first season now will be all U21 players to develop and then i'll limit myself to 100m tops on any summer as we have done lose to that after the suarez sale.

Cheers pal, still looks a good player to be fair! And according to your report, he could still get better. Happy with that.

Yeah, he just doesn't quite look like he's going to push into Ballon D'or territory, which is a shame. I'd still want £60m+ if I sold him.

How does the youngster Taiwo Awoniyi develop? He's got the potential to be a key player for me at start of s1.

Edit: After recalling him from his loan, realised that he was at the German club for work permit reasons - needs to stay there for 8 years to gain German citizenship. Did not know this.

How does the youngster Taiwo Awoniyi develop? He's got the potential to be a key player for me at start of s1.

Edit: After recalling him from his loan, realised that he was at the German club for work permit reasons - needs to stay there for 8 years to gain German citizenship. Did not know this.

he wont develop into anything special anyway

he wont develop into anything special anyway

Might get a bit of cash for him though. I've sent him back out on loan in Season 3. Physically, he's fantastic - very quick - but technically very poor. Worth £4.5m, so could be worth keeping hold of to sell on.

haha I keep debating this myself and wondering should I have stuck with my original players for a while and given them a chance - like balotelli and benteke etc - I didn't really give them much of a chance.

But I'm really enjoying my save and keep thinking I've put this much effort in so far.... I have not used the editor or cheated in any way so I keep thinking what would I do different if restarted!!

I often lose interest if I have used the editor etc but this time I have not even downloaded it so I'm not tempted!!

Got to January in my save, moved up to 5th, Hallelujah! Tactics seem to be coming together and I'm getting results I wasn't before. Emre Can wanted to leave for a bit as I didn't play him, brought him into the team, good player and he's happy now. Allen wants to leave though, how much do people normally ask for him? I've seeen a couple people get a huge amount for him, but he hasn't really played so I don't think £20Mil+ is very realistic.

Twice now I've played Chelsea btw, first time I managed to get a first half lead of 3-0 only to be beaten 4-3. Second time, 4-0 up, only to win 4-3. Mr Mourinho has a very good half time team talk in him.

Kopsy, I've just started my 3rd season and Joe Allen been superb for me to be honest!!

I'm sure he'd be okay, but I just can't see him being better than Can and Henderson...I could retrain him to DMC position playing deep lying playermaker, that would give him game time for sure.

I sold Can but only had 20m for him! Gutted.

Ouchy, but then IRL you'd £20Mil for a fringe player wouldn't you? He just signed a contract in mine, didn't read the part where it said Minimum Release Fee £45.5Mil. Feel like a tube right now.

As for those asking about Gabriel Barbosa for 12 million and sold him at the start of the 3rd season for 60 million to Man City... he was **** for them up until february haha hes on 300k a week there too haha.

IMHO Berardi's a better bet (although I do have both) and for not that much more money, either.

Archived