FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

I've actually got Zivkovic for free. Not sure how I did that, but I remember I could sign him straight away without offering transfer money. I expected to pay a compensation - in fact I think it mentioned that in the contract offer - but once he came I didn't pay a dime. Feeling guilty about that, though!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How on earth are you suppose to comply with FFP?

Once the players all get a season in first team, wages triple and you just can't do it!

wages in the game are a joke

ive gotten through 2 seasons and at the start of season 3 I've just stopped playing. every player wants over 100k a week. players want new deals within 12 months of signing a deal and if you refuse they want out and will disrupt the squad every time

Moreno wanted a new deal and would only accept 165k!!! this is after a new deal at the start of season 2 but as Bayern enquired about him he wont see sense

what has happened in the latest update??

no tactic works. started 2 new saves just to make a bigger database and can barely get a win. played 11 friendlies and only won 1 game and that's using a tactic that won me the title in my main save. i'm even struggling for possession with this tactic and I finished the season with a 57%ave

what has happened in the latest update??

no tactic works. started 2 new saves just to make a bigger database and can barely get a win. played 11 friendlies and only won 1 game and that's using a tactic that won me the title in my main save. i'm even struggling for possession with this tactic and I finished the season with a 57%ave

Opposite for me didnt work last update but working for me this update my tactics

wages in the game are a joke

ive gotten through 2 seasons and at the start of season 3 I've just stopped playing. every player wants over 100k a week. players want new deals within 12 months of signing a deal and if you refuse they want out and will disrupt the squad every time

Moreno wanted a new deal and would only accept 165k!!! this is after a new deal at the start of season 2 but as Bayern enquired about him he wont see sense

Couldn't agree more, wages IMO have been very unrealistic in the past few versions of this game. Seriously needs looking into and signing on & agent fees.

I mean I have 18-20 year olds demanding over 100K in wages, having only played a handful of games for the club.

Big flaw in the game for me unfortunately.

yes, I agree my tactics seem much less effective now - conceding too many and if I set up not to concede I can't score, I don't seem to be able to find a nice balance. I have gone from a team that has just won the league, champions league and FA cup last season to a team that is struggling to stay in the top 4. I have no new signings this year, team is gelled and tactics are fluid.......

I'm viewing it as a challenge :)

Couldn't agree more, wages IMO have been very unrealistic in the past few versions of this game. Seriously needs looking into and signing on & agent fees.

I mean I have 18-20 year olds demanding over 100K in wages, having only played a handful of games for the club.

Big flaw in the game for me unfortunately.

Like Raheem Sterling you mean? Considering the huge wage budgets and the fact that players develop so fast in the game, it seems that it's not quite so unrealistic to me. On a side note, I'm in season 3 and they often times agree to sack their agent or say that they understand but are disappointed if I tell them no.

Finshed 6th in my 1st season was on course for top 4 but a a slump which cost me shock of the season West Ham finshed 4th Chelsea 5th & Arsenal 7th means all 3 of us will be in the Europa league (crazy)though I'll start from the 3rd qualifying red since Arsenal won the FA cup Henderson won player of the year & Sturridge was my top goal scorer. Only signed 2 players Volland & De Viji as Lallana & Sakho wanted to leave in Januray have Balanta,Romero,Rulli & Rajkovic joining me might loan Rajkovic out for a few seasons then make him 1st choice tried to sell Mignolet but no takers might keep as back up to Rulli

Bought FM as a wee Crimbo present to myself the other day. Only at the start of my first season, bought mainly young players for the future, only real first teamer was Luan from Gremio and Ashley Cole as a back-up. Snapped up Demarai Gray for some more width, 5m release clause, you can't go wrong and I think he might push for a first-team spot. Other notable mentions I picked up are Lucas Romero, Ajer, Driussi, Balanta and Gino Peruzzi as my back up right back. Went a bit OTT with all the youngsters I've signed, but I can never help myself in my first season of my first game of a new FM.

Anyhow, I rejected all the loan offers for Origi that came in in the summer, and thank god I did - I wouldn't recommend loaning him out to anyone. Ings, Sturridge and Benteke are all so injury prone. Sturridge started injured, Ings picked up a damaged cruciate ligaments ruling him out for 8 months and Benteke picked up an injury and then got a hernia as soon as he came back, so was left relying on Origi after loaning Driussi to Middlesbrough. What an absolute revelationg he's been in the first few games:

origi_west_ham.png

origi.png

team.png

Started as Liverpool as I always do with every FM and it's going quite well so far. A few hiccups but that's to be expected.

Transfers so far:

s24hnq.jpg

Tactic that I use for most away games:

2dhfmnm.jpg

Tactic for home games:

mufp53.jpg

Results so far:

nedqb7.jpg

As you can see I really struggle to put teams away and I usually get played off the park away from home. Any tips on how to change this?

Did you guys get a work permit for Rajkovic? I have to wait 120 for another application as mine got rejected.

I didn't appeal the decision and on the final day of the window I re-applied and it was granted as he'd made an international appearance.

started a new save after spending time trying to figure out a new tactic after the update. think I have something working well now.

went mad and brought in 10 new faces with a few for developing for seasons 2/3 as I trim the squad later on.

loaded Serbia so I could see grugic. looks a beast in the making too as DM regista. have him Ajer, Dozzell, Allan, Chirivella all developing realy well so far

2 big recommendations for youth signings are Andre Dozzell and Rui Pedro, the new gerrard and torres for me.

spent 70m on players in and got 68m back on 3 sales. out went Lallana 40m, Lovern 20m, Enrique 3.8m and Toure on a free

IN's

Rajkovic, chambers, Balanta, Grimaldo (Ln), Grugic, Ajer, Tiago Maia, Dozzell, Rui Pedro, Embolo and Julian Brandt

have a few players unhappy at game time but these seem to be unhappy every save unless they start every game. have changed their squad status and this has calmed it down a bit.

Did you guys get a work permit for Rajkovic? I have to wait 120 for another application as mine got rejected.

I made sure i had club set up a foreign team to get work permits, (which for me was a Bulgarian team as they only need 3 years at a club there).

However during January transfer window i tried for work permit, which i succeeded at, and was able to recall him.

what staff do i need to keep cat1 academy status please?

you need nearly all major roles filled.

U21's & U18's manager, coach, fitness coach, Gk coach

you should try and fill you quota of staff as it does help with development

Just wondering everyones thoughts on this, I'm new to FM. I played the original Champ Man ages ago!

I get itchy teeth whenever I play at home with the shape of the stadium. I know lots of people have said that the stadiums aren't that important, however Liverpool playing in something that resembles Old Trafford is horrid, even down to that stupid covered walkway onto the pitch. 'New Anfield' is even worse, a hulking bog standard 3 tier monstrosity with no soul.

Having recently spoken to someone at LFC regarding the stadium upgrade I found out that The Kop cannot be upgraded from how it is now because it would cease to be a 'Kop'

People keep saying that stadium design isn't important in FM and that the design has nothing to do with the manager, but could you imagine the LFC board agreeing to a cookie cutter Old Trafford design for us? I don't want to spend hours designing my stadium (I do really, but it's not make or break), however I would dearly love there to be a large rectangle stadium option.

No messing around, just the option to have a big 4 stand stadium, so I don't have to hate the one I'm in.

Does anyone have a way around this?

Had a bit of a mini recovery will sign a new centreback as Balanta has been poor for me & isn't the same player he was in the other versions of the game I'm playing Can as one of my centre backs but the story has been the development of Lewis Cook who I signed as a backup & for the English rule since Can moved to centreback

Ajer is a beast in my save, and no one should ever sell Milner. I know he's on big wages, but the guy scores goals and is very consistent.
I kept him Milner good on set pieces & can play anywhere only work horse

Sabine have you even got any players left, your team spirit and morale is going to take a big hit and will take a while for your new signings to gel.

Everything seems to be going well, funnily enough. I had fears that would be a problem, but it's just business as usual right now.

Although it's good to point out that Ayoze Perez, aside from a first game hat trick is really struggling in the team.

Finshed season 2 was a season I want to forget finshed 8th & my defence was the problem now lots of players want to leave for champions league football will let them go but only if I get the money I want for the players but did win the fa cup which saved my job

Coming to the end of season 1

I've 3 games left in PL and I'm joint top but have a game in had

Semis of the Europa and won the first leg 2-1 away

Plan on buying really big in summer and have bids and contract accepted for both dybala and morata but should only get 1 - which one tho?.

There's days I hate this game!

1 win a draw and loss means we finish 2nd!

Shocking drop in form to finish the season, away form let us down big time, top of the home form Lge but only 5th on away.

Arsenal take the title

Europa Lge final still to come

If your looking for a English midfielder can't go by Lewis Cook signed him in season 2 replaced Can who joined Napoli the kid will be a beast in a few years from now

I signed Andre Dozzell. kid looks great and will be looking at him for the first 11 at the start of season 3 with how quickly he is developing

season 1 review

PL - Finished 2nd, really really annoyed at how we finished the season, joint top with 3 to play we L1, D1 & W1 to finished 2nd. title was in our hands but a lack of a cutting edge killed us. too many missed chances (he must score, goal at his mercy, only 1 outcome here) all of which ended up with us missing

Fa Cup - out in the first game away to City

Lge Cup - lost the final to Arsenal

Europa Lge - WON, the one shining light of the season. battled out way to the final and scraped it on Penalties against fenerbache, game finished 1-1

transfers in for season 2

went big on the deals and have Dybala, Morata, De Vrij, Neves & Rulli all in this summer

just working on sales now to trim the squad down. will have to take hits on a good few players to get rid. selling players seems to have gotten more difficult. offer out for 15m get bids of 5m

Just re-started my career at Liverpool. Felt I transformed the squad too much in the opening years and I lost interest in the squad. decided to start again and work sensibly creating a solid platform from back to front.

Only signings so far are Reece Oxford from West Ham for £1.1million & Hugo Lloris from Spurs for £35 million.

One of the best GK's on the game and will be a starter for 8 years or so.

Next area to work on will be the CB's looking Stones at end of first season and also Aldeweirald (Ball playing defenders to replace the clumsy Sakho and inconsistent Skrtel)

After starting at England took over Liverpool after Klopp left for Arsenal, won the league at my first attempt as well as Europa League which I got lucky with the draws (mainly due to a bad start from Chelsea and a bad finish from Arsenal). Sturridge was banging them in for fun before asking to go to Arsenal, I rejected and he was awful until he was happy again, ended up with 29 in league and 37 in all comps. Joe Gomez has been a beast for me. Ibe is ridiculously good scoring 10 and assisting 6 in 26 starts

Gotze was my first signing, listed for £5.5m due to being unhappy. Sterling is back after City finished 8th and he put in a transfer request

In terms of squad it looks like this

GK: Butland (£9.5m), Rajkovic (£3m)

RB: Clyne, Flanagan

LB: Moreno, Durm (£3.9m)

CB: Sakho, Gomez, Phil Jones (£3.2m)

CM: Henderson, Bazoer (£12m), Mancuello (Already signed), Lucas

AMR: Ibe, Sterling (£38m)

AML: Coutinho, Lallana

AMC: Gotze (£5.5m), Firmino

ST: Sturridge, Origi, Ings

Sold plenty on, some for big fees, some not so big.

Emre Can sold before I arrived, gutted, will be resigning him when I've got some big money hopefully

Has anyone got a good tactic for the latest update?

Will message you with a great 4231

Coming towards my 2nd season as Liverpool's main man!

Finished 1st season in 2nd place after finishing really strongly in the last 10 games but had a poor season overall in the league and all the cups!

Have really struggled in 2nd season to be honest and will most props finish in 4th and had a poor season in the cups and Champs league going ont in first knockout round!

Where i'm really struggling is away from home and only win about 3-5 away games a season!! Has anybody any ideas for me as I think that I've a really good squad!!

Squad as follows:-

GK- Rulli, Rajkovic

RB- Clyne

LB- Moreno

CB- Gomez, Skrtel, Sakho, Rugani

DM- Cubas, Neves, Lucas, Maia

CM- Meli, Henderson, Allen, Tielemans, Firmino

IF R- Markovic, Ibe, Promes, Berardi, Zivkovic

IF L- Lavezzi, Coutinho, Brandt, Luan,

AF- Sinclair, Embolo, Sturridge, Origi

I also have Lincoln coming in as an AMC when I change my tactic.

Any help will be appriciated.

I sold markovic to Barca for 50m in season 2 - he has done nothing for them and not really developed much - he is now not even getting into their squad and asking to leave!!

He actually played quite well for me before leaving but his stats don't look great.

season 3 now, just sold sisto and Embolo (wanted to leave) for a combined 120m - for a total initial outlay of 16m - so not bad business. In all honesty though I would not have sold either if they were happy to stay, but both were attracted to the bright lights of Dortmund and PSG respectively.

If PSG bid for any of my players they all want to leave - its quite frustrating since I'm current BPL champions and champions league holders!! but no my players seem to think PSG are a bigger better club!

Not all bad though as I always seem to get big money

The replacements are Odegaard and Brandt for a combined 60m so again not bad business. Really happy with my squad now!!

GK - butland, Rajkovic

RB - Clyne, Fernandes

LB - Moreno, Jorge

CB - vallerjo, De Vrije, Gomez, Stones, Dier

AMR - Odegaard, Brandt (new boys)

AML - Firminho, Ibe

CM - Pogba, Alli, Can, Ajer, Coutinho, Tielemans

ST - Sturridge, Origi, Ings

Coming towards my 2nd season as Liverpool's main man!

Finished 1st season in 2nd place after finishing really strongly in the last 10 games but had a poor season overall in the league and all the cups!

Have really struggled in 2nd season to be honest and will most props finish in 4th and had a poor season in the cups and Champs league going ont in first knockout round!

Where i'm really struggling is away from home and only win about 3-5 away games a season!! Has anybody any ideas for me as I think that I've a really good squad!!

Squad as follows:-

GK- Rulli, Rajkovic

RB- Clyne

LB- Moreno

CB- Gomez, Skrtel, Sakho, Rugani

DM- Cubas, Neves, Lucas, Maia

CM- Meli, Henderson, Allen, Tielemans, Firmino

IF R- Markovic, Ibe, Promes, Berardi, Zivkovic

IF L- Lavezzi, Coutinho, Brandt, Luan,

AF- Sinclair, Embolo, Sturridge, Origi

I also have Lincoln coming in as an AMC when I change my tactic.

Any help will be appriciated.

squad is very top heavy. you seem to have 13 players for 3 positions. players obviously cant get any form going. I'd get rid of at least 4 of those players. Normally I would have 2 for every position and then a youth product to rotate in for game time and to cover injuries. Only position I'd have extra is Striker

That's what I thought so got rid of Markovic, Promes, Lavezzi and Origi from the top end with Sinclair going out on loan!! will also try and get rid of Lucas and Meli from Centre of the park.

I'll see how I get on pre season.

Thanks

Here's a dilemma for you:

I'm in season 3. As I play with inside forwards, I've got two right-footers on the left wing: Markovic and Origi. As good a player as he is, Lazar doesn't quite cut the mustard in this role.

Wolfsburg have just made me an offer of £30m for Markovic.

Raheem Sterling has just handed in a transfer request at Man City - £32m.

What do you do next? :p

Archived