FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

middle of Dec in season 1

sitting 3rd still in the PL. Arsenal are running away with it. they played 16 and won 14, with 1 draw and loss. Chelsea are 2nd 4 points ahead of me. will be happy to see out the season in 3rd and get my tactic consistent.

got BMG in the next stage of the Europa.

have Allen, Milner and Ings all looking to leave for first team football as I cant give them enough games. happy to sell all 3 if I can get decent bids for them.

have already signed Ruben Neves for 23.5m and Gimenez was listed by Athletico for 13.5m so I had to get him. if I can manage to get Rulli on a free that's 3 of my 5 season 2 targets done in Jan

Well after having a go on the Beta with QPR and testing out the game full release with a mini Unemployed game its time to start a proper save with my beloved Liverpool! What tactic have you guys gone for? Also what players? Thinking of a GK, backup LB, and possibly a CM/CDM and a Winger. All will have to be January 2016 and beyond as I start with transfers off! Cheers

2017, also got $70mil bids for Barbosa, but i rejected them.

want Kovacic for season 2. midfiled 3 of Neves, Can & Kovacic would be immense

would then leave me with Thiago Maia, Chirivella, Ajer, Allan & henderrson as back ups

I don't think you need more than one coach with high star rating in each field. In order to reduce workloads, you can assign a single coach to multiple jobs (preferrably this coach has high man management and mental stats, but doesn't really need high star rating). From what I know only the lead coach's star rating matters.

You see, coaching has never been really my strong point when it comes to the game. I just try my best to get the best possibly star ratings in each area and keep the workload down, I've always done that. :lol:

It's okay though, I have a great amount of coaches across all the areas in my youth teams also now, so I'm settled for a canny while.

I'd like to know too please! I can only get 20/22 for him from Juventus!

Few hours left on transfer deadline day you should receive a bid from Arsenal for around £20 million, negotiate to £40 million straight and they will accept.

Do not offer him out before hand, he is a good squad player up until the time comes to let him go for £40 million.

Use until transfer deadline day :)

Few hours left on transfer deadline day you should receive a bid from Arsenal for around £20 million, negotiate to £40 million straight and they will accept.

Do not offer him out before hand, he is a good squad player up until the time comes to let him go for £40 million.

Use until transfer deadline day :)

Cheers mate will give it a go! :)

I'm pretty sure I am using Coutinho wrong as a left inside forward/support.. 5 goals and 5 assists in 17 games a 7.32 record. :/

Well, this is going to take a while to explain so bear with me haha.

First off, I have three tactics made for three different situations.

1 (Instructions) are for games where I'm a favourite but playing against a decent team at home, or favourite and playing against a far worse team away. I have my two wingers swap positions during the game and I have all the wide players cross for the centre.

2 (Instructions) are for games where I'm favourites to lose and are against the best of the best. However, most importantly; this is the tactic that I also use on the 70th minute if I feel the match is won. This is what gets me clean sheets in the matches like the -0 away win against Chelsea and the 3-1 away win against Man United (starting on 1). I have my defensive forward, who, most of the time is Benteke man marking the most defensive midfielder in their opposing team (or the central DM if it's in the formation). All of my players have the "pass it shorter" instruction also.

Finally, 3 (Instructions) is what I like to call the "nutcase" tactic. This is basically for situations where I either want goals and don't care about the result, or against a far inferior team. This has only really been used in the Europa League and Capital One Cup so far, and the results from using it, home and away are following (scorelines only); 4-0 (A), 7-1 (H), 3-0 (H), 6-2 (A), 4-0 (H), 3-0 (H). So despite it being a very attacking tactic, it still has been keeping clean sheets because I have the DM holding position and covering the BPD's ass when they get too further forward and aren't fast enough to get back (hence Henderson's retraining as a DM - he's pretty quick). I have the two wing backs man marking the opposite wingers, or if the opponents aren't playing wingers, they are set to mark tighter and get stuck in. The attacking three in this formation tend to almost always be the three fastest; Sturridge, Origi and Ibe and they absolutely run riot. I want to experiment with Raumdeuters and a false 9/DLF where the two wide players are the main focal point in the scoring aspects whilst the striker is the one picking up the ball and spraying it to them. This is because I want to replicate the success I had in FM14 where I had two defensive attacking wingers and two false 9s and they basically made my team unstoppable (I need to find that tactic, I'd love to attempt to replicate it).

But anyway... phew, there we go lol. That's my tactical set up. Complicated and calculated, pretty much how I always have been. :lol:

Edit: I'm sorry, but I have to do this;

This is the stats for the team in our 3-0 win against Everton (just happened) using a rotated squad. Started off with the offensive tactic, contained after the 65th minute mark.

4657c57961f87a29796ce913550b0f59.png

And the match stats confirm our complete dominance over them.

What formations are you using Sabine?

I'm really struggling this year and can't get any consistency going despite reading every guide possible and trying to keep it simple, I'm either too open and give the opposition far too many chances for my liking or if I try to be more defensive or play on the counter I create very little, rage quit my 4th or 5th Liverpool save in just over a week last night and ready for deleting the game :lol:

a697d744cc926aa92bf8a60735871105.png

Oh boy, stage one of "Wunderteam" is (almost) complete.

What formations are you using Sabine?

I'm really struggling this year and can't get any consistency going despite reading every guide possible and trying to keep it simple, I'm either too open and give the opposition far too many chances for my liking or if I try to be more defensive or play on the counter I create very little, rage quit my 4th or 5th Liverpool save in just over a week last night and ready for deleting the game :lol:

They're in the links (the number and the instructions are separate), buddy. :) 4-3-2-1 has worked wonders for me this year.

It seems that playing more defensive and cautious is the way to go for Liverpool in this version.

Don't worry though, it's taken me almost half of November to get a good Liverpool save going, but now I've found another and more interesting save to go beside it, I'm concentrating on that more.

Cheers, I'd seen the instructions, didn't realise the numbers were separate links to the formations.

I've found it really difficult to be solid without giving up creativity, your standard & contain formations are more or less what I've been using, even the same roles & duties, I've just tried to avoid overusing the TI's and keeping things simple which just hasn't worked then once I've started tinkering have gone and made things worse so going to give it another try with your setup.

If it helps, this is what I started out with on my standard formation instructions;

2c239a2786918c4547e6a1dc64c3e4a8.png

It gives a pretty good basis on what you want to use, and if you don't want to overuse team instructions, the removal of work ball into box, get stuck in and putting the defensive line onto normal won't impact a lot at all.

Emre Can is gone.

Sold to Man City for $63mil, I got sick of his whinging and what not, he just carried on so so so much.

Kovacic is his replacement.

Unlucky.

I managed to get Lucas to tutor Can in season 1 and his attitude improved massively, hes Professional now and is fantastic.

I've been inspired by Liverpool's recent away form and I want to try and recreate that tactic to use in my Liverpool save. Although I've been playing FM for years I've always downloaded tactics so my knowledge of creating tactics is very limited. Any help or advice would be greatly received.

The formation I'm using is 4-1-2-2-1 but it could also be a 4-3-3 I feel.

SW (D)

FB (S) CD © BPD (D) WB (A)

BWM (D)

CM (S) CM (D)

AM (S) AP (A)

SS (A)

Mentality is Counter with Fluid Team Shape

T.I's

Higher Tempo

Balanced Width

Higher Defensive Line

Closing Down More

Prevent Short GK Distribution

Use Tight Marking

Play out of Defence

Exploit the Middle

Pass into Space

Short Passing

Retain Possession

Be more Expressive

Look for Overlap

Work Ball into Box

I feel like I'm using to many T.I's, what do people think? Am i using the right T.I's to recreate the tactic.

Now Sturridge is fit how would people suggest I fit him into the system?

Any feedback or advice would be greatly received. Am i even close to recreating the tactic or have i got it completely wrong?

Thanks for your help.

While i'm not happy with some tactical changes in FM16 (no more focus passing option, the exploit options changes players setting apparently so doesnt just set your passing focus. Very little ability to change the player roles like FM13 where i could lower the CFs dribbling etc), i'm still doing ok.

32 games gone in the league and im 7 clear!

Just won the League cup, into the finals of the FA cup and the semis of the Euro cup.

I'm massively overachieving with really only buying youth.

Timo Horn is a beast for me, 34 games, 20 conceded, 18 clean sheets...... and hes only 22! Bargain at 6.5m.

Aaaand now i have 7 games in 15 days !

Unlucky.

I managed to get Lucas to tutor Can in season 1 and his attitude improved massively, hes Professional now and is fantastic.

Wish I could of got that done.

However, I made $30mil profit and Kovacic is more than capable of doing the same job.

middle of Dec in season 1

sitting 3rd still in the PL. Arsenal are running away with it. they played 16 and won 14, with 1 draw and loss. Chelsea are 2nd 4 points ahead of me. will be happy to see out the season in 3rd and get my tactic consistent.

got BMG in the next stage of the Europa.

have Allen, Milner and Ings all looking to leave for first team football as I cant give them enough games. happy to sell all 3 if I can get decent bids for them.

have already signed Ruben Neves for 23.5m and Gimenez was listed by Athletico for 13.5m so I had to get him. if I can manage to get Rulli on a free that's 3 of my 5 season 2 targets done in Jan

into the middle of Jan now. on a great run of from. 6 PL wins in a row has us now only a point off Chelsea. arsenal haven't wont in the last 5 games so I've managed to overtake them.

squad is taking shape but have had a few player start to complain about game time. so I will be selling Benteke, Allen, Ings, and maybe Milner in the JAN window.

Lucas has been sold and Skrtel is on his way out as well as I got Neves & Jose Gimenez in. Have also Tied up Rulli on a Free for the summer.

I've Promoted Allan up to the first team as his stats are flying up. want to see what a few first team games will do for him over the season. could be a very good squad player.

will look to loan out Chirivella & Ajer for the rest of the season as well if I cant sell Allen

Gee this Luciano Vietto kid can score some goals..

He has only just got into form after getting use to tactics and English footy, but he has played 12, 10 goals and 4 assists.

hes a pure poacher. Fowler level of finishing

anyone found that Flanagan's discipline is terrible?? So many reds form rash challenges, I'm at the point of selling him it's getting so bad, he is only a back up but he is never available when needed as he gets suspended every time I play him!!

anyone found that Flanagan's discipline is terrible?? So many reds form rash challenges, I'm at the point of selling him it's getting so bad, he is only a back up but he is never available when needed as he gets suspended every time I play him!!

See if you can get him a good tutor to settle him down?

66a7c49207a4ffd81092a07867737cd5.png

The sale of Milner and Bogdan means I have taken in over £100 million in transfers this season. Ridiculous.

Did you offer out both Milner and Bogdan, or how did you get rid of 'em? I'd like to get rid of Bogdan in particular, as I've signed Robinson (English!) and Rajkovic.

Yeah, I offered them both out. Milner was arguably the best midfielder at the club but his wage is ridiculous. Had Barcelona, Spurs, Juventus and PSG offering £13 million, and I managed to negotiate with Barcelona the best.

I would probably have kept him on if it wasn't for his wage. If the wage doesn't bother you, I would keep him for at least another season or two because of his quality and great tutoring ability.

How did you manage that? Don't you only get a choice of a few people that lucas can tutor?

You can choose a tutor from the tutees development page , and Lucas was there.

Had to be really assertive with him though as he didnt want to at first.

End of my second season, while it's not the best it's still an improvement over the first season

Results

Swtxyuo.jpg

DaAQTeZ.jpg

Second in the league and won the Europa League, Man City ran away with the Premier League.

And i'm thinking of selling or loaning out Benteke for the season.

Goretzka is transfer listed in Jan of Season 1 on my save. scouts say he is injury prone and would struggle to settle so not taking a chance on him

Hes transfer listed on mine too, though im not going to get him. I have too many foreigners as it is, especially when it comes to squad registration for euro comps.

Hes transfer listed on mine too, though im not going to get him. I have too many foreigners as it is, especially when it comes to squad registration for euro comps.

yeah i'll be struggling when I sell milner & Ings

If it helps, this is what I started out with on my standard formation instructions;

It gives a pretty good basis on what you want to use, and if you don't want to overuse team instructions, the removal of work ball into box, get stuck in and putting the defensive line onto normal won't impact a lot at all.

28j9lht.jpg

Results look OK but it's been a case of sh*t on a stick football with not a lot created.

Leicester goal was a pen, 1 goal against Man Utd was a pen, West Brom was a missed pen but scored from the rebound, Spurs was a direct free kick, Palace was an own goal, Newcastle was a header from a free kick, Saint Etienne was another pen and we missed a pen in the Watford game, so 9 goals in 11 games and only 2 have come from open play (3 if you want to include the OG).

Thought we'd cracked it after the Man Utd game which was a really good performance, if it wasn't for De Gea it could have been 4 or 5, they had 2 players sent off in the last 15 mins but the game was already looking over for them at that stage, restricted them to just 4 chances with 0 on target while we had 25 with 13 on target, Spurs was good for 40 mins or so and Lloris kept them in it until Milner scored from a 30 yard free kick, after that they put us under a lot of pressure but only managed a couple of shots on target, considering both teams went into the game with 100% records with neither of us having conceding a goal I was happy with the performance.

All the other games have been absolutely dire and could easily have lost at Swansea & Newcastle, Watford could have nicked the league game late on as well as I'd switched to the attacking tactic just to try and create something and they got a couple of decent chances on the break, I'm truly lost for ideas now as our play just looks so slow and laboured once we get into the final third, I would have thought the high tempo and IF su's having "more risky passes" PI's would have them trying to knock the ball about quickly but they just seem to get into decent positions then stop for a think and the whole thing breaks down, I wouldn't mind if they were giving the ball away trying a quick pass to unlock the defence.

I don't know if it's a problem with familiarity? I've tried training all 3 tactics at once so they're all on competent at the moment whereas I know if I'd only trained the standard tactic it would be a lot higher now, plus I like the contain tactic and feel confident that if we go in front we can see the game out as so far it's restricted the opposition to nothing every time I've used it so don't want to remove it.

Sturridge is not far off returning so going to give it up until Christmas and if we're still playing the same crap then I'm probably going to bin the game off for good, this is my 5th or 6th attempt with Liverpool and I just can't seem to get them firing, I've looked at loads of other formations and tactics and they're not a million miles from what I've been trying anyway and don't have the time to micro manage every detail to find out what's wrong so will probably go back to FM12 which was at least fun and not like a full time manager's job :lol:

28j9lht.jpg

Results look OK but it's been a case of sh*t on a stick football with not a lot created.

Leicester goal was a pen, 1 goal against Man Utd was a pen, West Brom was a missed pen but scored from the rebound, Spurs was a direct free kick, Palace was an own goal, Newcastle was a header from a free kick, Saint Etienne was another pen and we missed a pen in the Watford game, so 9 goals in 11 games and only 2 have come from open play (3 if you want to include the OG).

Thought we'd cracked it after the Man Utd game which was a really good performance, if it wasn't for De Gea it could have been 4 or 5, they had 2 players sent off in the last 15 mins but the game was already looking over for them at that stage, restricted them to just 4 chances with 0 on target while we had 25 with 13 on target, Spurs was good for 40 mins or so and Lloris kept them in it until Milner scored from a 30 yard free kick, after that they put us under a lot of pressure but only managed a couple of shots on target, considering both teams went into the game with 100% records with neither of us having conceding a goal I was happy with the performance.

All the other games have been absolutely dire and could easily have lost at Swansea & Newcastle, Watford could have nicked the league game late on as well as I'd switched to the attacking tactic just to try and create something and they got a couple of decent chances on the break, I'm truly lost for ideas now as our play just looks so slow and laboured once we get into the final third, I would have thought the high tempo and IF su's having "more risky passes" PI's would have them trying to knock the ball about quickly but they just seem to get into decent positions then stop for a think and the whole thing breaks down, I wouldn't mind if they were giving the ball away trying a quick pass to unlock the defence.

I don't know if it's a problem with familiarity? I've tried training all 3 tactics at once so they're all on competent at the moment whereas I know if I'd only trained the standard tactic it would be a lot higher now, plus I like the contain tactic and feel confident that if we go in front we can see the game out as so far it's restricted the opposition to nothing every time I've used it so don't want to remove it.

Sturridge is not far off returning so going to give it up until Christmas and if we're still playing the same crap then I'm probably going to bin the game off for good, this is my 5th or 6th attempt with Liverpool and I just can't seem to get them firing, I've looked at loads of other formations and tactics and they're not a million miles from what I've been trying anyway and don't have the time to micro manage every detail to find out what's wrong so will probably go back to FM12 which was at least fun and not like a full time manager's job :lol:

It seems like you're still doing really well but just struggling a bit on goals. That's why I have my "all or nothing" tactic, which is a similar vain as the standard but much more aggressive.

I only ever use attacking tactics during games though, exploiting a certain weakness (like if they have slow defenders, one footed wingers or small, averaged paced strikers). I don't really use opposition instructions all that much but it could be something you could think about using. This being a tremendous guide to follow, which I might start doing myself. as

For familiarity, what you could do it put the one you prefer in all three spots and use the contain during the game (by just loading it). The familiarity shouldn't be too different because in some ways, the tactics are similar (closing down, passing and fluidity). I played an absolute tonne of friendlies against rubbish sides to increase morale and to get all three tactics to almost fluid before the pre-season and from then onwards, they just kept on improving.

I wouldn't bin the game for good - you're still top of the league and keeping a lot of clean sheets! As far as I'm aware, you haven't conceded a single goal in the league yet, something I'm very envious of. When Sturridge comes back and fully fit, it can only get better for you. :)

edit: Just to mention that a lot of my goals are from set pieces too. Crossed-in free kicks, corners, counters from opposing corners/free kicks, that sort of thing. Hell, we even had a goal from almost a direct long-throw at one point. And the amount of penalties I've had is ridiculous, but I still believe that the quality of goal doesn't matter and it's the result in the end that does.

Ibe wants 125k a week wages after i won the league......got him down to 83k but think its still too high :/

Edit: Oh wow.....i just found out Palombo's hidden mental attributes....WOW. I am soo glad i got him as a backup and tutor! Model Citizen indeed....and his tutee Rossiter is now also a model citizen!

Holy smudge balls!

Just won the league and Ibe comes and asks for a new contract......he wants 125k a week from the 35k hes currently on!

Gotta be something wrong there!

Nope.

Only 2-3 players in my team we're on that sort of money when I got it all sorted.

Within 1 season, they all want another contract, some are even asking for 200k, it is ridiculous.

I don't cave into them.

Archived