FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

some very good signing there Cezar.sl

very interested in the fact that you got Gimenez on loan to buy in Jan. think i'll hold off on any CB changes until the jan window in the full game in the hope of being able to bring him in. number 1 CB target for me to partner Sahko in this FM. especially as balanta has been downgraded.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have targets almost set for full release. will try to get the team I want together for the start of season 2 as a couple will cost too much at the start.

GK - Timo Horn is a must buy for me and then 1 of Karius, Rulli or Butland for season 2 to give me 2 strong keepers

RB - Callum Chambers is my number 1 target.

CB - Jose Gimenez but like Cezar.sl i'll take my time on this and keep Lovern for the start to allow myself time to get him. Will also look at Galloway from the bitters and Mamanna from River.

LB - Jose Gaya is the long term target to work with Moreno but Ruben Duarte or Jorge look like great prospects in this role.

Midfield will be interesting as I want to see the potential of Chirivella and Allan. I have high hopes for both. have a few players in mind over the first season. Think i'll get Ajer and Thiago Maia in window 1 to add debt and then Ruben Neves and 1 of Kovacic/Verratti as my main targets

out wide I just want 2 main targets, Leroy Sane or Berardi. we are well stocked with wide men and have Markovic and Wilson to come back into the team

up front i'll bring in Gabigol straight away. will give me an option upfront and as an AMR.

looking forward to Friday!!!!

I didn't recommend him for RW because he is left footed, thus better suited as an inside forward. I use my RW as a creator mostly. This is because of how the midfield is set up. The MCr runs forward, and if the RW is left footed, they they would go in the same space, and the right wing would be vacant, since the RB is on support.

I'll try to do a longer explanation of the tactic.

An ancestor of my tactic can be found here : Understanding Your Tactic - The Discussion

As for why there aren't any RB recommendations, this is because, for me, the only way to play FM is without the first transfer window, and by January Flanagan is fit again. In the meantime, you have Gomez, Can and Kolo who can be retrained as RB quickly.

If the worst happens, the squad allows for a 3 at the back formation till the next transfer window.

So you make recommendations based on how you play your save, not general recommendations...is that right? I didn't see anywhere in the opening posts you mentioning that you disable the first transfer window.

For what is worth, I think the GK situation does not need to be addressed. I play with attacking fullbacks and the lack of second option to Clyne is far more worrying than the GK position or the need to address the LB spot. Therefore getting someone like Peruzzi from Boca is money well spent - he costs 4-5m euros and has Italian second nationality.

I also like to play with Inside Forwards, thus getting players like Luan (if his random attribute for stamina is good) and Zivkovic for 6m and 2,5m respectively is also worth the investment. Getting someone like Lucas Romero is also worth considering, though not absolute necessity.

What really intrigues me is how others are able to get such crazy money for Lallana......I've been trying to get rid of him, Lovren and Enrique but not been able to get decent money. I would love to get somewhere close their value, maybe slightly below it.

So you make recommendations based on how you play your save, not general recommendations...is that right? I didn't see anywhere in the opening posts you mentioning that you disable the first transfer window.

For what is worth, I think the GK situation does not need to be addressed. I play with attacking fullbacks and the lack of second option to Clyne is far more worrying than the GK position or the need to address the LB spot. Therefore getting someone like Peruzzi from Boca is money well spent - he costs 4-5m euros and has Italian second nationality.

I also like to play with Inside Forwards, thus getting players like Luan (if his random attribute for stamina is good) and Zivkovic for 6m and 2,5m respectively is also worth the investment. Getting someone like Lucas Romero is also worth considering, though not absolute necessity.

What really intrigues me is how others are able to get such crazy money for Lallana......I've been trying to get rid of him, Lovren and Enrique but not been able to get decent money. I would love to get somewhere close their value, maybe slightly below it.

going over the posts it seems that people are waiting until the end of the window to sell lallana and that's when the silly money is being bid

How did you manage to get so much for him? Did you have him transfer listed? Or did Arsenal just offer you that much silly money out of the blue?

Totally out of the blue on the last day of the window. They initially bid 30m I think and I pushed them up gradually, tried for 50m and they pulled out.

Came back with the 48.5 (39m upfront, the rest in clauses) on the last day of the window.

Anyone managed to sign Chambers yet?

I have parked FM16 to one side, until Friday and back on to finish the season on FM15.

had 15m accepted with some small add on's but not continuing the save. Just testing the water. will more than likely change on full release

But Wilson is on loan the first year. And Zivkovic is a lot better, with higher potential according to scouts so.....Plus Rossiter and Ibe are also HG, aren't they?

Anyway, I saw you recommended three right wingers but Zivkovic wasn't amongst them.....which was strange to me considering his potential and price.

Another interesting things is that there aren't any recommendations for RB either, which is also strange because Flanagan starts injured for 7-8 months and there isn't any adequate cover/competition for Clyne as RB. Joe Gomez can play there positionally but his attributes are not good enough for the role/position. Emre Can can also play there but lacks some key attributes for the role, plus he is needed in midfield considering that Henderson is out for some time too.

IMO, the team needs back up fullbacks on both sides and it needs wide attacking players/wingers/inside forwards. Maybe even one more central midfielder depending on choice of formation.

Wilson is only on loan till January.

This is why you need HG players.

lQQQ6Yw.png

Only Flanagan is HG at club, but not under 21. I had to leave 3 slots empty.

Totally out of the blue on the last day of the window. They initially bid 30m I think and I pushed them up gradually, tried for 50m and they pulled out.

Came back with the 48.5 (39m upfront, the rest in clauses) on the last day of the window.

Did you have him transfer listed and for how much?

Wilson is only on loan till January.

This is why you need HG players.

lQQQ6Yw.png

Only Flanagan is HG at club, but not under 21. I had to leave 3 slots empty.

Why did you have to leave 3 slots empty? What about Rossiter, is he HG at club? He is missing from your screenshot.

Got through the first season reasonably well, plug in tactics are not as effective this year, had to work hard to get my tactics right.

Managed 4th in league, won Euro Cup and Capital One Cup.

Started the next season, European Super Cup seen me face off against Barcelona, I won 3-5, Sturridge Hat-trick.

Got $130million to spend on players, I went bonkers and Signed Lots.

William Hamilton

Balanta

Kongolo

Kovacic

Timo Horn

Marquinhos

Stark

Jedvaj

Tielemans

Maia

Bonazzoli

Kieren James (good looking Regen)

Jose Gimenez

Lorenzo Dickman

Gianuca Gaudino

Ruben Neves

Balde Keita.

Out the door went:

Balotelli

Ilori

Joe Allen

Ward

Markovic

Bogdan

Can

Ojo

Alberto

Milner

First season I signed:

Embolo

Mere

Ralls

Aarons

Raman

Ward-Prowse

Grealish

Mowatt

Outs in first season

Leiva

Enrique

Lallana

Toure

Every BIG name signing I tried, I got hi-jacked, mostly by Man City, they Snagged Gaya, Jonny, Volland, Berahino, Rafinha and Ainsley Maitland-Niles. 4 out of those first 5 I had the deals near done, they swooped in.

Why did you have to leave 3 slots empty? What about Rossiter, is he HG at club? He is missing from your screenshot.

He's U21, so no need to register him.

Also, I sent him on loan flowing a successful tutoring by Lucas.

What I mean is that if I want another first team player, I have to leave someone else out. This already happened with Brandt, who I couldn't have registered if he was not already ineligible for having played in the Europa League with his former team.

So start of second season transfer Windows (September)

Spent $277M (Pound not $)

Sold $137M

Transfer budget was $135M

About 3 or so deals over 48mths.

Did not pay over $40M for any player, only 3 were over $30M

I am collecting around $2m per month in loan fee's + wages paid by other club while on loan.

So finances are going to be good net season providing I meet expectations.

I've been doing my usual thing of playing a test season where I just scout players, look at staff and the club etc and generally get a "feel" for what the situation is in the year.

Some might call that a bit of a cheat, but I mostly see it as compensating for the fact that in the real world every manager will come to a job pre-armed with some information and context, and in FM you don't really get that, you're just dumped straight in. It's no different really to reading forums for this years quality players, but is more fun and challenging and there's a lot less flaming and whinging about the match engine.

So it's my beta test. When the game is released, my save starts again, for real.

Anyway, back on topic, I managed to sell Lallana to Arsenal for £30m upfront, plus £4.8m over 12 months, £2.5 after 50 apps and £2.5 after 10 international apps. Muuuahahahahaaha .... suckers.

Nobody wants Lovren though. Obviously.

Got through the first season reasonably well, plug in tactics are not as effective this year, had to work hard to get my tactics right.

Managed 4th in league, won Euro Cup and Capital One Cup.

Started the next season, European Super Cup seen me face off against Barcelona, I won 3-5, Sturridge Hat-trick.

Got $130million to spend on players, I went bonkers and Signed Lots.

William Hamilton

Balanta

Kongolo

Kovacic

Timo Horn

Marquinhos

Stark

Jedvaj

Tielemans

Maia

Bonazzoli

Kieren James (good looking Regen)

Jose Gimenez

Lorenzo Dickman

Gianuca Gaudino

Ruben Neves

Balde Keita.

Out the door went:

Balotelli

Ilori

Joe Allen

Ward

Markovic

Bogdan

Can

Ojo

Alberto

Milner

First season I signed:

Embolo

Mere

Ralls

Aarons

Raman

Ward-Prowse

Grealish

Mowatt

Outs in first season

Leiva

Enrique

Lallana

Toure

Every BIG name signing I tried, I got hi-jacked, mostly by Man City, they Snagged Gaya, Jonny, Volland, Berahino, Rafinha and Ainsley Maitland-Niles. 4 out of those first 5 I had the deals near done, they swooped in.

How big is your squad?

Can you register all those players for Europe?

How big is your squad?

Can you register all those players for Europe?

Quite Large, around 34 for first team.

I have loaned about 6-7 out for cash, getting now around $2.2M per mth just out of loans.

Could still not register all for Europe, 6 players had a huge cry about it.

I sold Lallana to Arsenal for $43.5M all up front.

Dollars? Or Pounds? ;) Either way ... as I said ... suckers ;)

Also, as long as I get a good amount up front, i don't mind getting some monthly monies to ease the bills.

The brilliance of this is that Arsenal's original suggestion was about £14m lower, well under value. They need to work on their negotiation skills ^_^

just curious

even tho they have had a downgrade in PA will anyone look at buying Balanta/Romero just to sell them on for profit in season 2??

cheap quality squad men in season 1 who can allow you to improve the team by selling on for profit

Yeah around 220k I think.

Got him down to 160K.

Couple of small bonus, but nothing drastic.

$10mil Loyalty Bonus however.

ah no

I hate paying silly wages and bonuses.

normally i'll cap any contracts at 150k for any new buys regardless of quality and loyalty or signing on bonus I wont go over 5-6mil

ah no

I hate paying silly wages and bonuses.

normally i'll cap any contracts at 150k for any new buys regardless of quality and loyalty or signing on bonus I wont go over 5-6mil

Loyalty bonus is no big deal, only pay it if you sell the player before the current contract runs out or he signs another then the last one is void.

I am not going to sell him, when his contract is nearly up I will extend it without a loyalty bonus.

anyone into season 2 or 3?

can you see how Allan has Developed (not Joe!!)

Most of the youngsters are -8s.

Probably won't be good enough to start, or even be a backup.

I usually try to make a save in which I give them the max value of their -range, and try to develop all of them, like I did here.

Most of the youngsters are -8s.

Probably won't be good enough to start, or even be a backup.

I usually try to make a save in which I give them the max value of their -range, and try to develop all of them, like I did here.

I might make Chirivella and Allan -9's if they are not that highly rated. would like to give a couple of lads the chance to make it to the first team and i'll give them games and time to develop

I might make Chirivella and Allan -9's if they are not that highly rated. would like to give a couple of lads the chance to make it to the first team and i'll give them games and time to develop

The top end of -8 is enough. 155 is around the CA Benteke and Sturridge have.

I don't think we have any -9s this year. Last year there was Origi and Markovic at least.

The top end of -8 is enough. 155 is around the CA Benteke and Sturridge have.

I don't think we have any -9s this year. Last year there was Origi and Markovic at least.

for me Chirivella defo has the potential to be a star. while I don't think he would be at the top end of the -9 rang I'd have him somewhere in the middle 160-170 as he is compared to Busquets IRL.

last year Wilson was a -9 as well. hopefully he stays at that.

I can only wish to get into the 40 millions for selling Lallana. I'd only assume this isn't the first pre-season?

I have promoted Brad Smith into the first team and will be a back up left back, enabling me to sell Enrique and taking £55k off the wage bill. He will be my only outgoing transfer in the first pre-season, as Kolo Toure is a great tutor and the team has a thin enough squad as it is, considering three key players are injured.

I have recalled Lloyd Jones from loan and will tutor him and develop him in the reserves. With his current ability at 19, I highly doubt that Blackpool were going to give him any games.

The best thing about the squad I believe is the amount of players who are adept with both feet. Lallana, Firmino, Milner, Ibe, Clyne and Markovic all have fairly strong or better weaker feet, which is what I love to see in my players. I'll be playing with an inside forward on the right, so this can come in a great deal handy.

I have a great deal of transfer targets, those mainly being young players who will develop in the reserves for a season and then attempt to ease them into the first team. One player who, however is going straight into the first team is the outstanding Breel Embolo

Hello,

Just started the game as Liverpool.

Transfers in so far:

Felix Passlack

Iver Fossum

Emanuel Mammana

Barbosa

Zach Clough

Ajer

Out:

Enrique

Lovren

Lallana

Plus a few loans.

Decided to try and replicate Klipperty (Klopp's, sorry) formation and go for a 4-2-3-1 with IF. First game was Watford away which we won 1-0 courtesy of a Gabigol goal. Can't seem to get Benteke into the game at the moment so changed him to a TM support rather than attack.

About to play Chelsea..

Did you have him transfer listed and for how much?

No he was not transfer listed as I was going to see how he performed for the 1st season before making any decisions, but the offer was too good...

How are people getting Gabriel Barbosa in? In my save he wasn't interested in negotiating a contract because he didn't deem Liverpool strong enough....wtf?

BTW, has anyone checked if any Liverpool players are given a boost with the reals of the 16.1.0 and the new data base? There were a few people complaining that Sakho should have higher CA/PA and attributes such as first touch, passing, technique......

How are people getting Gabriel Barbosa in? In my save he wasn't interested in negotiating a contract because he didn't deem Liverpool strong enough....wtf?

BTW, has anyone checked if any Liverpool players are given a boost with the reals of the 16.1.0 and the new data base? There were a few people complaining that Sakho should have higher CA/PA and attributes such as first touch, passing, technique......

I've also struggled with getting some promising players.

Embolo didn't want to join while I was 2nd in the league and still in all the cups, and a lot of the South American players wouldn't get a WP and I didn't have a feeder yet.

I think I read somewhere on here that its all about timing. if higher rated clubs are interested the player may not want to join you.

you need to pick your moment to scout and to bid for a player

Finished second in my first season at Liverpool, had the best defensive record and Mignolet was team of the year. Beat Valencia on penalties in a he Europa league final, but disappointed in the cups being knocked out by lower league sides.

Sold lallana for 38mil to arsenal (lol) and also sold other fodder such as lovren, toure etc. signed Tielemans, Luan and Sven bender.

End of the first season I found it extremely difficult to sign anyone, Juve rejected 35 mil for Morata but accepted 21 mil from Madrid, I then offered 30mil for him and locked the negotiations and they accepted which was odd. He then chose Madrid over me which I have no complaints about (although I did offer him 100k per week more)

Bernando Silva signed a new contract at Monaco which got rid of his release clause, so that made him near on impossible to sign, and athletico wouldn't accept anything under 45milliom for Giminez.

Ended up signing Mauro Icardi for 40mil, and Marquinhos for 35mil and now I have 25mil left.

Flogged balotelli to city for 20mil, Benteke to psg (didn't fit any system, don't like using a target man) for 28mil, Joe Allen to city for 10mil, and Markovic to Bayern for 25mil

Hoping to get a Very good left footed inside forward with my remaining funds, but they're like Goldust.

I suppose the over inflated prices does make it pretty realistic.

Archived