FM16 : Liverpool FC - Ran out of Klopp puns

cezar.sl

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im Jealous your all playing the Beta version i passed this years version since im getting it on physical this version will start a long term save on Nov 13th

If you've got exams (or something) then it can be a good thing to hide it away until you're done, otherwise you'll mass play it and forget about studying

Im Jealous your all playing the Beta version i passed this years version since im getting it on physical this version will start a long term save on Nov 13th

im just using the beta for a quick look around.

a lot of new layouts on main screens to get used to.

not bothering to get a save going.

Finished my first season 5th recovering from a disastrous start

uhzHgaD.png

First season transfers

bF3eC2Y.png

Decided to shift out a lot of players for the second season and I managed to bring in some quality attackers for decent sums

GfQqz9P.png

Bernado Silva looks and plays like a beast

lfkEGWh.png

Martin Skrtel did his cruciate at the start of the first season so I was forced to rely on Jemerson as 1st choice CB (and then Juan Jesus in as a loan during the winter window) but I knew I had get a ready made quality centre back to challenge in my 2nd season and Manolas has not let me down

nOfyETj.png

Here's my best 11 currently in my 2nd season, leading the table by 3 points with 12 games played and qualified for the Europa knockouts

XrrO5UK.png

Hardest thing is to fit in all the players now; Breel Embolo is developing along nicely

6IfpndX.png

But players like Maxi Meyer and Lincoln are struggling to get much playing time so I'm not sure whether I ought to loan them out or not. May also sell players like Milner and Jordan Ibe who were stalwarts of the first season but just haven't been getting much time this season. Firmino's been massively underwhelming when he has been fit too, looking to shift him out for big bucks hopefully to free up some funds for these wonderkids.

A5LeCIQ.png

ZtwMeqp.png

LxOCavG.png

8y0gsYa.png

Depending on your tactic, Sturridge can be a beast out wide. If you prefer to play with a single dlf type of striker, then Sturridge is fantastic cutting in from the right as an if-a or raumdeuter. In fact, I would argue that he's every bit as good there as he is as a striker.

Ive had a massive amount of injuries but they are slowly returning.Origi was superb when he was basically the only striker available.

Bought Jack Grealish in for 25m,which was the same amount I shipped Lallana out to Arsenal for.

Jordan Ibe shows a lot of potential while Lucas and Skrtel have been excellent(Upto November 2015)

Firminho has done little while Emre Can likes to whinge to the media.

Just finished first season and scraped into 4th place and won the Europa Cup, but very poor in the other two comps.

Made a few minor changes and played 42121 attacking and worked in the main but let in a lot of goals, scored a few as well and Firmino is awesome as a shadow striker.

Just got the budget for season 2 and nearly fell off my chair as its £100M and that's before the new tv deal money has even come in.

I've already got Rulli coming in for free, Maia and Lincoln also joining but so surprised with the kitty I'm not sure what to do now.

Still got a few players to sell and Mignolet gone for £9M and Benteke to follow as he does not fit the system.

Any thoughts on who I should buy?

Just finished first season and scraped into 4th place and won the Europa Cup, but very poor in the other two comps.

Made a few minor changes and played 42121 attacking and worked in the main but let in a lot of goals, scored a few as well and Firmino is awesome as a shadow striker.

Just got the budget for season 2 and nearly fell off my chair as its £100M and that's before the new tv deal money has even come in.

I've already got Rulli coming in for free, Maia and Lincoln also joining but so surprised with the kitty I'm not sure what to do now.

Still got a few players to sell and Mignolet gone for £9M and Benteke to follow as he does not fit the system.

Any thoughts on who I should buy?

if that's the sort of budget you get for the 2nd season its defo going to be interesting.

can relax in the first window and just add 2-3 quality players without forcing loads out and then go and get the major deals for season 2

Just managed to sell Lallana to Arsenal for 48.5m. I assume most people would take this for him also?

Well yes! First season? That is at steal imo. Sure, he is a skilled player, but we have lots of options for his positions. It would also make room for Ibe, who will develop into a real beast given enough playing time. And you can focus on improving other stuff and getting some highly rated youngsters in.

Well yes! First season? That is at steal imo. Sure, he is a skilled player, but we have lots of options for his positions. It would also make room for Ibe, who will develop into a real beast given enough playing time. And you can focus on improving other stuff and getting some highly rated youngsters in.

Indeed first season 1st transfer window :) now I need to decide if I replace him or try to bring through some youngsters

Indeed first season 1st transfer window :) now I need to decide if I replace him or try to bring through some youngsters

seriously 1st season window and you get that for lallana!!

BYE BYE ADAM

can sell him and get Barbosa in and Ruben Neves. squad is then sorted for me with a couple of other small buys. Timo Horn, Mamanna, Galloway, Ruben Duarte, Thiago Maia.

I'd actually keep Joe Allen if I got that money for Lallana. just move on Lovern, Toure & Enrique

Arsenal want him in my game too, but I play without the first transfer window.

He still wanted to go and I promised I'd let him, but right now he has the most assists, from AMR. Might still let him go. Maybe I can trick Arsenal into giving me money now and getting the player at the end of the season

I feel sad reading this thread and realising I sold Lallana to Arsenal 1st season for only 25mil :(

Had a horrific end to the 1st season where I was unbeaten through my last 5 premier league games. However they were all within 8 days due to reaching Europa Semis and FA Quarters. So many late goals conceded, the worst of which was away to Stoke. 3-1 lead in the 88th minute, turned to 3-3 as the players were just too tired to hold on. This meant going into the last day I was 3 points behind 4th (Spurs)...they lost on the last day and I won, but the goal difference was way in their favour. If the players could have held on against Stoke, I'd be in the Champions league! Bright side, Man Utd finished 11th :D

2nd season has started much better. Currently 4th, having played the majority of the tough teams away already. Going into January now and looking to sign Higuain (Arsenal had a 40mil bid accepted which I've now matched) and Mkhitaryan for the summer (out of contract)

Major Transfers;

1st season

Yarmolenko

Dele Alli

Eder Balanta

2nd season

Ruben Neves

Youri Tielemens

Mattia Perin

Nevan Subotic

Shkodran Mustafi

Richairo Zivkovic

Johannes Geis

I'm taking it slow so far, have made just 4 signings so far, pre-season.

Alex Grimaldo, DL, loan with option to buy.

Gabriel Barbosa, AMR/SC, £9M

Alex Meret, GK, £9.5M

Andrija Zivkovic, AMR, £1.2M (No Work permit, but hoping to reapply)

Only sold Jose Enrique so far, just over £3M.

Still looking for a DM, seeing who else i can sell so i know how much i can spend on one.

Arsenal want him in my game too, but I play without the first transfer window.

He still wanted to go and I promised I'd let him, but right now he has the most assists, from AMR. Might still let him go. Maybe I can trick Arsenal into giving me money now and getting the player at the end of the season

I want Chambers from Arsenal so I might try a swap deal, get chambers and cash for Lallana

I feel sad reading this thread and realising I sold Lallana to Arsenal 1st season for only 25mil :(

Had a horrific end to the 1st season where I was unbeaten through my last 5 premier league games. However they were all within 8 days due to reaching Europa Semis and FA Quarters. So many late goals conceded, the worst of which was away to Stoke. 3-1 lead in the 88th minute, turned to 3-3 as the players were just too tired to hold on. This meant going into the last day I was 3 points behind 4th (Spurs)...they lost on the last day and I won, but the goal difference was way in their favour. If the players could have held on against Stoke, I'd be in the Champions league! Bright side, Man Utd finished 11th :D

2nd season has started much better. Currently 4th, having played the majority of the tough teams away already. Going into January now and looking to sign Higuain (Arsenal had a 40mil bid accepted which I've now matched) and Mkhitaryan for the summer (out of contract)

Major Transfers;

1st season

Yarmolenko

Dele Alli

Eder Balanta

2nd season

Ruben Neves

Youri Tielemens

Mattia Perin

Nevan Subotic

Shkodran Mustafi

Richairo Zivkovic

Johannes Geis

Higuain took 65k less to go to Arsenal :(

One of the first things i tend to do, at the start of a game i plan on using long term, i mutually terminate most staff members and get some great new coaches etc.

One coach without a club that you got to get is an italian coach called Simone Montanaro.

He has 5 stars for Tactics.

(in my game he does anyway, dunno if it varies)

seriously 1st season window and you get that for lallana!!

BYE BYE ADAM

can sell him and get Barbosa in and Ruben Neves. squad is then sorted for me with a couple of other small buys. Timo Horn, Mamanna, Galloway, Ruben Duarte, Thiago Maia.

I'd actually keep Joe Allen if I got that money for Lallana. just move on Lovern, Toure & Enrique

Yes indeed last day of the window :) he wanted to go and was already unhappy I had prev rejected 40m from them, so when they came back with that figure it was win win really :)

Toure has gone already, I'm trying to sell Enrique and lovren has spat the dummy at not being played so I think he will be on his way soon!

Brought in balanta, Luan and sisto so far, still a bit left in the kitty from Lallana sale if needed

Just managed to sell Lallana to Arsenal for 48.5m. I assume most people would take this for him also?

How did you manage to get so much for him? Did you have him transfer listed? Or did Arsenal just offer you that much silly money out of the blue?

Transfers out :

a2hCdbD.png

Toure left for free because I wanted to get rid of his wages.

Transfers in :

7FT9M6b.png

Jefferson :

Improves on Mignolet

J2pTSQg.png

Iosu Ruiz :

One for the future

zk1qF4K.png

Julian Brandt :

Can buy him for €29M in 1 year. Good so far.

ICchTnV.png

Jose Gimenez :

Takes Lovren's role as a backup defender.

Great potential. Can buy him for €17M/

tpRzToo.png

Jonathan Calleri :

Backup forward. Planning to sell Origi in the summer.

BdE0D7d.png

Kristoffer Ajer :

Cover for CM/DM. Could develop well. Young enough to become HG later.

LBzV6f9.png

Iver Fossum :

Cover for CM/DM.

YJyNUfS.png

Cesar, you got some good players there. How come no one has mentioned Zivkovic - the left-footed right winger from Partizan? On classic I got him for 2.5m euro and he gets work permit on appeal.

The issue is that he's not that much better than Harry Wilson, and you need him for the homegrown slots in europe.

Right now you only have Flanagan in the first team that is HG at club.

cH0LC4D.png

But Wilson is on loan the first year. And Zivkovic is a lot better, with higher potential according to scouts so.....Plus Rossiter and Ibe are also HG, aren't they?

Anyway, I saw you recommended three right wingers but Zivkovic wasn't amongst them.....which was strange to me considering his potential and price.

Another interesting things is that there aren't any recommendations for RB either, which is also strange because Flanagan starts injured for 7-8 months and there isn't any adequate cover/competition for Clyne as RB. Joe Gomez can play there positionally but his attributes are not good enough for the role/position. Emre Can can also play there but lacks some key attributes for the role, plus he is needed in midfield considering that Henderson is out for some time too.

IMO, the team needs back up fullbacks on both sides and it needs wide attacking players/wingers/inside forwards. Maybe even one more central midfielder depending on choice of formation.

But Wilson is on loan the first year. And Zivkovic is a lot better, with higher potential according to scouts so.....Plus Rossiter and Ibe are also HG, aren't they?

Anyway, I saw you recommended three right wingers but Zivkovic wasn't amongst them.....which was strange to me considering his potential and price.

Another interesting things is that there aren't any recommendations for RB either, which is also strange because Flanagan starts injured for 7-8 months and there isn't any adequate cover/competition for Clyne as RB. Joe Gomez can play there positionally but his attributes are not good enough for the role/position. Emre Can can also play there but lacks some key attributes for the role, plus he is needed in midfield considering that Henderson is out for some time too.

IMO, the team needs back up fullbacks on both sides and it needs wide attacking players/wingers/inside forwards. Maybe even one more central midfielder depending on choice of formation.

I didn't recommend him for RW because he is left footed, thus better suited as an inside forward. I use my RW as a creator mostly. This is because of how the midfield is set up. The MCr runs forward, and if the RW is left footed, they they would go in the same space, and the right wing would be vacant, since the RB is on support.

I'll try to do a longer explanation of the tactic.

An ancestor of my tactic can be found here : Understanding Your Tactic - The Discussion

As for why there aren't any RB recommendations, this is because, for me, the only way to play FM is without the first transfer window, and by January Flanagan is fit again. In the meantime, you have Gomez, Can and Kolo who can be retrained as RB quickly.

If the worst happens, the squad allows for a 3 at the back formation till the next transfer window.

Archived