Sports Interactive Community
dafuge

dafuge's FM16 challenge

Struggling to score goals, sitting in 14th after 12 games and feel a tactical change is needed before we sink any lower.

Gents & Ladies,

After many many years of watching these forums from afar, and having a go at these challenges half heartedly, I've decided to go full blown for this one and join the community for the FM16 Dafuge challenge!

My town, Billericay FC have been unlucky enough to be promoted and will face the unfortunate prospect of my management for hopefully the next 10 years!

Here is my profile so will keep you all updated on my endeavours!

Taking a break from the coppers for a few days due to Nuclear apocalypse issues

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2019-20 Sky Bet League 1

League

Well cant quiet believe how well i am doing in FM16! Managed our forth successive promotion wasn't as convincing as the previous two season and came down to the final day of the season. Sitting third in the league behind Leyton Orient joint on points we just had to win and hope they lost. We stuck to our side beating Gillingham 2-0 in a very close game 2 first half goals were enough. So it was down to the Leyton Orient game against Rochdale! 0-0 at Halftime we were going up Rochdale scored early in the second half and despite Leyton dominating the game it stayed 1-0 and we would finish second behind Wigan and promoted to the Championship!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE | MANAGER OF THE SEASON

Cups

Awful in the cup again out in the first round we were entered in all 3 comps

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen| Transfers | Season Review | Best 11 | Fans Player and Top Goalscorer

[size=2][font=Verdana]Season     Division                                   Pos    FA Cup        Lg Cup    Other Comps         Continental Comps    Notes[/font]
[font=Verdana]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font]
[font=Verdana]2016/17    Vanarama National South          4th    3rd qual rd   N/A       FAT: 3rd qual rd    N/A                  lost in playoff final[/font]
[font=Verdana]2017/18    Vanarama National South          1st    3rd qual rd   N/A       FAT: 3rd qual rd    N/A                  Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19    Vanarama National Conference   1st ​   4th qual rd   N/A       FAT: Winners        N/A                  Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
[/font][font=verdana]2019/20    SkyBet League 2                      1st    2nd rd         1st rd    JPT: Sth 1/4 final  N/A                   Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21    SkyBet League 1                      2nd   1st rd          1st rd    JPT: 2nd rd          N/A                   Runners up, Manager of the year [/font][/size]

Very impressive Iain, just one promotion away from the big boys already! I'm back into my King's Lynn save after messing around with the youth challenge. Had a good start in the conference.

Here I was, happily going about my time in fm16 with Dartford. Promoted to national conference in my first season (which I've never done before) and heading for league 2 in my third. But then I had a quick peek at this thread and now I have the bug...

Any suggestions for a London based team that comes up semi-regularly? I'll read through the rest of the thread in the meantime.

Here I was, happily going about my time in fm16 with Dartford. Promoted to national conference in my first season (which I've never done before) and heading for league 2 in my third. But then I had a quick peek at this thread and now I have the bug...

Any suggestions for a London based team that comes up semi-regularly? I'll read through the rest of the thread in the meantime.

Dulwich Hamlet come up regulary

?url=images.pitchero.com%2Fui%2F79596%2F1404118920_0.jpg&w=250&h=250&t=frame&bg=fff

Salford City

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2016-17        VNN        15th        QUAL

Very disappointing start to the Challenge. I actually started the season ok and was in the play offs but as usual the form dropped around Christmas.

Got a full pre season to go scouting for players. Hoping for a better season next year.

Losing tons of money, Chairman pumped in £200k to help running costs

Had one decent player come through the Youth Candidates. Will post a screenshot tonight. Championship clubs are after him, Rotherham, MK Dons and Preston. Only valued at £4k, so getting pathetic offers for him.

I have made an excel document with all the clubs for this challenge, their reputation, nearest larger city and population.

http://www.filedropper.com/dafugeclubs

Pardon any mistakes, as I am not a native englishman, but I hope this will help some people with their choice of club.

Badge.jpg

Colwyn Bay Season 1

Vanarama National North League

So after my initial success with Rushall I decided to start again with Colwyn Bay.

Manager Profile

Personal Information

Season

After struggling tactically with the Rushall save I decided to download a tactic from the site and start again. We had a great pre-season bedding the tactic in, although we were playing against teams we was expected to beat. We started the season well, including a 7-3 win away at Stalybridge in the second game. After this we really struggled over the next few weeks and I thought it was going to be a case of just trying to stay up. But things started to turn for the better after a 4-2 win away to Rushall (funnily enough) in the FA Cup. We then went on a 13 game unbeaten run, including a great 1-0 win over League 1 Swindon Town in the FA Cup 1st round. Mansfield Town brought the run to an end with a 3-2 loss in the 2nd round, although we was 2-0 up after 38 mins. We managed to keep the form going till the end of the season and on the final day we was confirmed champions thanks in part to Kidderminster losing at Guiseley on the final day. AFC Telford managed to knock us out of the FA trophy at the 2nd round.

So overall a brilliant season way above my expectation. It could of been a lot better had we held on to the lead at Mansfield as they played Stoke away in the 3rd round, eventually losing 6-1.

League Table Results 1 Results 2 Results 3 FA Trophy Results FA Cup Results

Season Review League Player Stats

Transfers

Transfer History

Star Players

Matthew Dowse

Signed from TNS for £2,500, he was exceptional for such a young age. Won't sign a new contract though so looks will be a one season wonder.

Dale Whitham

Signed on a free from Chorley Town. Great first season and can hopefully build on it next year.

Cory Williams

Already at the club when I arrived. Started of as the back-up striker but managed to make the position behind the striker his own and scored 19 goals in 35 starts in the process.

Dominic McHale

Tried to sign him on the previous save with Rushall but was turned down. This time he signed on a free from Ramsbottom. Turned into a great signing and still only young. Would recommend him to anyone starting the challenge.

Chris Speed

Last but not least. Finished top goalscorer at the club and in the league. Signed for free from Stourbridge and managed an impressive 31 goals in 40 games. Again I would definitely recommend signing him.

Next season

Basically stay in the league, although it would be nice to push on for a mid-table position or even a play-off. After coming so close to reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup, getting there this season with a big away day would be brilliant!!

Decided to start this a couple of days earlier than planned (was planning to start after release, but cannot do any skinning at the moment and the database update made the team I wanted colours readable) and have taken over as manager (profile pic2) of Lancashire side Skelmersdale, who appear to play on an industrial estate which has been replicated quite well in game which is a nice touch.

Things haven't started well I haven't even got through the friendlies yet and I have already lost my star striker (who was my only 5 star rated player) to a Conference side, my second best Striker is injured for six weeks and two Strikers I brought in on trial have also picked up injuries :(

On the plus side I've managed to get some excellent (15+ judging) scouts which makes a nice change from being stuck with useless 5-10 level scouts.

And if people haven't already noticed we have a nice new feature this year where you can offer your staff secondary jobs, which doesn't count towards your staff caps, so I've managed to sign a DoF and HoYD and give them jobs as a coach and scout aswell for free.

Well off to a good start lost the opening game to former club FC United, but won my second game to Telford but in the last minute my Keeper got injured (first time in years that has happened to me, thankfully it was the last kick of the game as I'd used all my subs) and is now out for 4 weeks after breaking his hand making a save :(

Salford City FC - Season 1 - 2016/17

Salford%20City_zpspd4khrsb.jpg

Club Background.

Squad|League Table|Transfers|Finances|Season Review|End of Season Awards

My Profile

The season started well and i thought we wereon easy mode for the first few months as us and Colwyn Bay pulled away from the rest of the pack, things of course got trickier through December and even though we still managed to hang inside the top 3 things started to look a little "iffy" into March as we started to get financial troubles mentioned in the media. Has the financial difficulties towards the end of the season got worse, the Chairmanannounced he wanted to leave the club and retire from football. This left us in a spin and the players started to let it effect their game, Peter Lim wanted out and we had a few months of who will take over, will i be kept on, the players kept coming to me for reassurances and morale was dropping... Finally we got a new Chairman, (Corey Poole) everyone was happy in the camp again and we stepped up our game re-took the top spot and won the league!

I'll be staying on then...

Terrace Expansion - To meet National League Regulations...

Youth Prospects;

Steve Russell YP1a - CM/DMC - Initial Profile|Coach Report

Callum Harrison YP2b - CB - Initial Profile|Coach Report

Some of the players being picked up in north/south are insane. Any advice on scouting/ finding such great players?

Slough Town is dead, resigned with 10 games to go and pretty hopelessly buried. Think I'll give them a try again before too long but for now I'm going to try Colwyn Bay. They were my last career in 15, never did manage to get them out of the VCN, just several seasons of mid table finishes.

On second thought it seems plenty of people are doing Colwyn Bay so I'll save that for later. Instead we're running Rushall Olympic.

Off to a surprisingly good start, 9 points in 6 games when we were picked to finish 21st.

I have started with Farnborough. Will post screens when I get home from work.

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Vanarama National - 2018/19

After winning the regional division last year I was expecting a battle to survive until I was surprised to see my owners set my expectations as winning the league title. We were also placed as favorites for the league. We started the season in great form and didn't lose our first game until December. We ran away with the league and the only time we dropped from top spot was when we had 3 games in hand on first place so we took it back very quickly after those games were won. In the end we only lost 4 matches in the league all season and set a new point record. Easy.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We had a great time in the cups this season. We reached the 3rd round of the FA Cup before losing 3-1 to Stoke. We went down 3-0 very quickly and I feared the worst. We did better in the 2nd half and even scored so I was pleased overall. I was disappointed that we didn't win the FA trophy as we walked the league, we lost in the semi finals to Kidderminster 3-2 on aggregate.

Squad - I made some solid signings preseason and tied down my best players to new contracts. I need to get my players onto full time contracts for next season and then start building a side than survive in the football league.

Finances - Massively in debt with the new owners. No more getting bailed out like in the previous regime. The cup run helped a little.

Key Player Profiles:

Diego De Girolamo - Great season scoring 39 times and assisting 16. Didnt expect him to do so well.

Conor Newton - Far to good for this level. 10 goals and 10 assists. Need him to step up next season.

Steve Hope - Brought in on loan as panic cover for Forrester who got injured. 33 Goals and 20 assists was more than I could have imagined.

Next Season

Survive in League 2

Improve the squad

Get best players on full time contracts

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 

Salford-City-FC.jpg?fc095d

Salford City - Vanarama National League North - 2016/2017

League Table - Squad - Transfers

A strong season that was ended right at the end in extra time against Tamworth in the Vanarama North play-off Final. I felt that we had done enough to get promoted but an extra time goal stopped up from promotion at the first attempt. I had originally stated that I would take a mid-table season at the beginning of the year but as it went on it was clear that we'd achieve much more. Perhaps the best signing was Khalid Abdo who progressed into something special. The Cups were a mixed bag with us getting knocked out early in the FA Cup in the fourth qualifying round away to Macclesfield in a replay. We fared better in the FA Trophy progressing to the quarter finals before we were slaughtered 4-0 by Tranmere. Our worst result, a 7-1 loss to Darlington also came around this time. We had been playing SAT-TUE for around a month and it was catching up. Looking at the next season and those coming into the league means we should be one of the favourites outside of Cheltenham and Altrincham. I see those two being big players but I see no reason we cannot take the title. I'm going to spend a lot of time building a squad with some good talent and some new tactics to get us promoted. Hopefully, we can go up automatically this time, but I would take a play-off win.

2016/17         Vanarama North              4th               Lost playoff final, FAT QF.

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2020-21 Sky Bet Championship

League

After such an amazing 4 season where we won consecutive promotion to the championship we had a good first season. We were In the top half of the league for the whole season we flirted with the playoffs but just couldnt break into the top 6. Struggled at the back alot this season think we only kept 3 clean sheets all season and threw away a lot of 1 goal leads late in games. Finding it very hard to attract higher quality players those who are interest want over 10k a week and we just cannot offer that. The club are in the middle of a takeover so hopefully we get a new board with the finances to take us onto that next level! Russell McLoughlin won The Championship Young player of the season!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Awful in the cup again out in the first round of FA cup to Leicester and second round of League cup

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen| Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

[size=2][font=Verdana]Season Division Pos FA Cup Lg Cup Other Comps Continental Comps Notes
[/font][font=Verdana]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
[/font][font=Verdana]2018/19 Vanarama National Conference 1st ​ 4th qual rd N/A FAT: Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
[/font][font=verdana]2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd rd 1st rd JPT: Sth 1/4 final N/A Champions, Manager of the year[/font]
[font=verdana]2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st rd 1st rd JPT: 2nd rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 1st rd 2nd rd N/A N/A [/font][/size]

b7OsolE.png[/img]

Takeover complete! No mention of the new guy wanting to bring in a new manager so i survived! pumped in some extra transfer and wage budget too!!!

Well after telling myself I AM NOT buying this game, I've hit the buy now button.

Going to start this tonight and attempt to stick at it this time, FM15 got a bit easy managed Newcastle after 3 - 4 seasons. Hopefully going to start with Darlington closest team to me, do you think its worthwhile leading and reloading or just using a save game as I know who I want to manage?

As I never actually started playing with Farnborough, I have decided to restart since the full fat version came out. Will post screens later.

hey. if anyone could upload a chippenham save that would be great! tried for ages but getting nowhere :( thanks!

have you seen the news about Bognor Regis Town?

Bognor Regis Town of the Ryman Premier League, have used their Facebook page to offer a replica shirt to the first person who can send a screenshot of the team winning the Premier League on Football Manager. They do make a proviso that it would have to be after season 2021-22 as the Rocks currently play in the seventh tier of English football.

With the full release, I reserved a save that I had not posted in the first page; I am now the manager of west-midlands team Sutton Coldfield. Here's hoping we can bring honors to this region of England!

So i'm doing the challenge and after 2 mid table seasons of huge financial losses and facing administration with Skelmersdale United board sell my training facilities for £4,761,000

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554289162

Then restructure my debt

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554289185

Leaving me with a 812k bank loan.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554289210

and £4,824,169 in the bank.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554288603

Something has gone wrong here i suspect so i've reported it as a bug.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441860-Skelmersdale-United-s-training-facilities-are-worth-%A34-761-000?p=10569606#post10569606

Not sure if i should continue.

Started with Darlington, and my first course of action was to sell one of three sell on clauses for Dan Burn for roughly 200K. A nice boost to economy.

Had a couple days out of FM (fallout 4!!), struggling in the Vanarama National league, just above the relegation zone with 22 games to play. We need to double our points tally (26) as a minimum to stay up.

Fantastic first season in Dorchester!

At the beginning of the season we were struggeling to find a style of play and the best starting XI, actually losing all of the friendlies, but little after little we picked up the pace and never looked back. The controlled 4-2-3-1 tactic, with high possession and a lot of very pretty football, paid of with a playoff giving 3. place after 42 matches.

We smashed Brackley 2x2-0 in the semis and went into the playoff finals with a team full of confidence. A flying start gave us a quick lead of 2-1 after 36 minutes, but even though they pressed on and we went down to 10 men after 52', we still managed to control the match and run out as winners!

Some notable stats were that we managed to get Matt Busby second on the topscorer list, but more important to me, was the fact that we managed to get most clean sheets with Harvey Rivers - which absolutely was one of the biggest factors of us going up.

In the 2017/2018 season I'll be trying to set up a 4-4-1-1, with focus on killing time and frustrating the opponent, with us lurking to pick up our chances. We'll see how that goes. :)

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17         Vanarama South        3rd          4th Qf Rd   3rd Rd       N/A           N/A        Promotion via playoff

So many of my matches are ending up with the opposition getting 20+ shots in I'm getting overrun a lot.

Started with Salford, not an original choise I see now, but nonetheless here we go!

fcb870e18daac4cf85ad54c57f691e06.png

Start of my manager, now let's have some fun.

Anybody else having trouble getting permission for a coaching course? I'm about 60% through my second season and I haven't been granted permission once. First it was "we need you at the club" and now the excuse is finances. My stats have improved but at this point I should at least have a National A license.

Anybody else having trouble getting permission for a coaching course? I'm about 60% through my second season and I haven't been granted permission once. First it was "we need you at the club" and now the excuse is finances. My stats have improved but at this point I should at least have a National A license.

Not really, got 2 courses in by the mid point of the 2nd season. Always make sure you are not taking training when asking so they don't come back with needed at training, i can't take any more courses as the finances are -100k so it is valid that the finances don't allow it.

Started with 13 points from 15 but this was the high point of the season as they team went downhill in oct/nov and stayed in midtable until the end of the season. Too many draws and chasing games from behind especially at home. Lost in the 3rd Q rd of the FA Cup to North Ferriby and Altrincham in the FA Trophy.

To make it worse Salford are now in L2.

The defence seem to have mistake a game in them even though the team conceded fewer goals than most in the league. I'm hoping they will improve but the FB's seem very poor.

Lost my best CM (Anton)at the start of the season as he would not sign a new contract. The players who came in only started to perform well by the end of the year. Tella was an ex arsenal player but was rubbish all year and i was tempted to let him go even though he is rated as L2 potential.

Saraiva started the season well but got injured and seemed to have 1 good in ten after returning. His understudy youth player Tierney was one of the few bright spots as he showed signs of potential.

Up front Gray did ok but he seems to miss a lot chances, a better striker is needed.

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        3rd       3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North        10th      3rd Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd       N/A          N/A          None

I'm in my 7th season in the championship with kingsronian and they still won't let me go on a course. Really annoying!

Salford City FC - Season 2 - 2017/18

Salford%20City_zpspd4khrsb.jpg

Squad|League Table|Transfers|Finances|Season Review|End of Season Awards

I'm going to be a little arrogant and say if my scouts could of found us better options at Full Back (right and left) then i could of gotten us promoted (or at the very least into the playoffs). We came close to making the playoffs but defensive errors at crucial times cost us, going forward once again we were easily one of the best in the division we just need to shore up the defence and we can challenge for promotion next time out. A couple of our forwards were obviously expecting us to be doing a little better it seems and will not be signing on for another season.

Danny Webber Retires!

Youth Prospects;

Orlando Carnegie YP2 - CB - Initial Profile|Coach Report

Steve Russell YP1a - CM/DMC - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Season 1

Callum Harrison YP1b - CB - Initial Profile|Coach Report - Season 1

Season            League             Position       FA cup     FA Trophy   League cup    Europe 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17        Conference North        1st       4th Qf Rd    1st Rd          N/A          N/A    
2017/18        Conference National     10th      4th Qf Rd    Semi Final      N/A          N/A  

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2022-23 Sky Bet Championship

League

So we set about pushing on from last season and maybe push into the playoffs after falling short last season. We didn't have the greatest of starts and i started doubting my tried and tested 442 counter formation that i had used all the way up to the championship. After a few poor results we were sitting 18th after 18 games and i decided to bite the bullet and move on to a 433 attacking. Playing more fluid the boys managed to get a few draws against teams above us and as they became more fluid with the tactic we kept getting results and moved up the league at pace. With 5 games to go we sat 4th 6 points of top and joint on points with 7th was going to be a tight run in. We won 3 and drew 1 of our next four which meant going into the last day of the season we were joint on points with Sheffield Wednesday and 2 points off 4th. Weirdly Wednesday played early and won and because we had the better goal difference a win would see us crowned champions a draw or loss would have seen us drop into the playoff depending on Notts Forrest. We Won 3-0 away at Brighton and were champions Premier League Football is on its way to Kingsmeadow!

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Awful in the cup again out in the fourth round of FA cup against Palace and first round of League cup against Swindon

CUP FIXTURES

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen| Transfers | Season Review| Best 11 | Top Goalscorer and Fans Player | New Stadium

[font=Verdana]Season Division Pos FA Cup Lg Cup Other Comps Continental Comps Notes
[/font][font=Verdana]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd qual rd N/A FAT: 3rd qual rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
[/font][font=Verdana]2018/19 Vanarama National Conference 1st ​ 4th qual rd N/A FAT: Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy winners, Manager of the year
[/font][font=verdana]2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd rd 1st rd JPT: Sth 1/4 final N/A Champions, Manager of the year[/font]
[font=verdana]2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st rd 1st rd JPT: 2nd rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd rd 2nd rd N/A N/A
2022/23 Skybet Championship 1st 4th rd 1st rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year [/font]

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet League 2- 2019/20

The aim for this season was to survive in League 2. In the end we surpassed this by nearly making the playoffs. We started well and were at the top of the table for a while in the early stages of the season. And our lowest position all season was 9th place. We were sat in the playoff positions for the majority of the season but in the final few weeks we started to lose points and on the final game of the season we lost 1-0 when all we needed was a win to guarantee making the playoffs. In the end we missed out by 2 points. The board have given me an increased wage budget for next season so hopefully I can spend this wisely and we can reach the top 7 next season.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - First round exits in the FA and Capital One Cup, We reached the quarter finals in the JPT before losing to Doncaster. Not a great season in the cups.

Squad - I struggle to improve the squad on last season. Only one player scored over 10 goals which is not a good return. Need to improve in attacking areas for next season.

Finances - Since the new owners took over I am no longer getting bailed out. Thats why we are in major debt.

Key Player Profiles:

Diego De Girolamo - The only player to reach double figure goals. Needs more help next season.

Daniel Barlaser - Brought in on loan and had a great season on the wing setting up 23 goals.

Manu Garcia - Good first season for the Spaniard. Hoping for more next season.

Next Season

Top 7 finish in the league

FA Cup round 3

Improve my attack

Career Overview

2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th