dafuge's FM16 challenge

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Sky Bet Championship - 2026/27

After last season where I wanted to make the playoffs and we only managed to survive on the final day of the season I decided the best thing to do this season was rebuild the squad. I did this by selling last seasons best player for £5m to Hamburg and put it all into the wage budget. This allowed me to bring in some very good players whilst I also had a tactical rethink at the same time. I had originally planned on going to a 442 but after a few matches I decided to move one striker back into the hole and we saw immediate results. We went from he end of October to the middle of March before losing with this new formation and had a healthy lead a top the table. We did begin to buckle under the pressure at the end and lost 4 of our final 6 but a final day win meant we secured promotion to the premier league as runners up.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Usual rubbish.

Squad - The rebuild went to plan and the squad was larger with more quality. Need to add some class for next season and hope to survive.

Finances - Dont get the £5.25m payment for getting promoted to the Premier league so £2.4m in the bank due to selling two players last season for a combined £9m.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Murray - I knew i needed a top striker to get out of this league and I found this guy. 28 goals. Really impressed.

Stojan Petrov - New signing on the left winf who is more attacking that Ronnie, 15 goals.

Ronnie McLaughlin - Dropped him to right midfield and created so many goals. Great season.

Next Season

Survive

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th
2025/26         Championship                20th              Survival on final day
2026/27         Championship                2nd               Promoted

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uol2YD0.png

Dorchester Town FC

Vanarama National League South – Season 2018-2019

Finally, after three seasons, I finally managed to get promoted! I finished the season 5th, only managing two victories in the last nine league games, so I was not optimistic about my chances in the play off's, but a 4-2 victory in the semi final and a 3-1 win over Maidstone away in the play off final sealed the deal! Over the season we played some pretty good football at times, but are defence is still leaking goals, especially handling crosses has been a nightmare. Our top scorer doesn't want to renew his contract. Changing his mind will be important when we are playing in Vanarama National next year, so fingers crossed. We had a goal of reaching the first round of the FA cup this year, but unfortunately we lost 1-2 to Cheltenham (A) in the 4th qualification round.

League table

Fixtures

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Top Scorer

Fans player of the year

Goals for next season: Survival & 1st round of the FA Cup. Retaining our best players and strengthening the defense.

Marine_F.C.logo.png

2018/2019 - End of Season Review - Vanarama National Conference

I had set myself a goal of improving our fortunes this season, aiming for the top half. I switched to a 5-3-2 in the hope that more defenders would result in fewer cross goals being conceded. Unfortunately, this did not help at all :D Might switch back to 4 at the back based on transfer dealings. Thankfully we had some firepower upfront, with my 3 strikers scoring 22, 17 and 13 goals respectively, which saw us in the top half at all times. A late push put us in the playoff spots and on the last day of the season, we met Cambridge (now managed by Jonathan Walters), and beat them 1-0 and denied them the title :cool:

Playoff semifinals and we meet Cambridge again, for a total of 3 games against them in the space of 8 days. We drew 2-2 at home and won 2-0 away which was probably the result of the season. Those Cambridge guys must really hate us, but somehow Walters is among my 'best opinion' managers.

All this got us a date at Wembley against Torquay. 38,818 in Wembley witnessed an epic! Have no nails left as a result of that game, but promotion \o/ \o/

The board have given me a wage budget of 9.25k for next season which I imagine is pathetically low for League 2 :D Our stadium can also hold only 3900 with 500 seated so that is going to be a problem as well since League 2 needs a minimum of 5000 with 2000 seated.

Competitions Overview

Transfers

Finances - Finally a step in the right direction. Also just realised that we have an awful 9-year stadium sponsorship deal worth only 1.2k a year. :rolleyes: Still 5 years left on that as well.

Key Players

Florent Bojaj - Main goalscorer # 1

Elliott Hodge - On loan player who turned out great in an AP (A) role and ended up with the highest average rating

Shayne Lavery - Goalscorer # 2

Charlie Oliver - Dude released by Man City, easily my best CB

Gareth Hammett - My best regen prospect, originally from the Man United academy. Could be decent if I can keep a hold of him.

Youth Players

YP1 Kevin Forster has not improved at all, so I think I will be releasing him. Highest PA in this years incoming batch of regens was 1.5* so not a lot to look forward to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season     | League             | Position   | Cup Performance    | Achievements    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2016/17    | Vanarama North     | 4th        | Awful              | Promotion!      |
| 2017/18    | Vanarama National  | 20th       | Awful              | Survival!       |          
| 2018/19    | Vanarama National  | 5th        | Awful              | Promotion!      |  

Finally a step in the right direction. Also just realised that we have an awful 9-year stadium sponsorship deal worth only 1.2k a year. :rolleyes: Still 5 years left on that as well.

I noticed that. Its a bit of a bummer for my finances for the foreseeable future

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - Sky Bet Championship - 2025/26 - Third

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South        5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                      4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th 
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th                  
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  3rd                Promoted via Playoffs  

Next Season

Survival!

Upgrade into a Premier League squad

Facility News

Stupid overpriced stadium upgrade

Instead of building a new stadium we are installing 1500 more seats into this old craphole. We are 10k behind what the PL requires. wtf?

Major Competition Winners

Sky Bet Championship - Ipswich, West Brom, Met Police

FA Cup - Liverpool

Capital One Cup - Tottenham

English Premier League - Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Burnley, Crystal Palace

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Krasnodar

A League - Perth/Brisbane Roar

Finally a step in the right direction. Also just realised that we have an awful 9-year stadium sponsorship deal worth only 1.2k a year. :rolleyes: Still 5 years left on that as well.

after promotion to L2, my board got a 4 year deal worth 6.6k a year so you are not missing out on too much money from a stadium deal

Met Police 2018-2019 (Season 3)

Season 1

Season 2

Summary

I wrote after season 2 that I thought it would take me three seasons to get out the Vanarama National. Surprise, it only took me one season. Unfortunately in the wrong direction. I was relegated. I was relegated hard. Dead last with 23 points and an amazing -52 goal differential. How did it all go wrong?

In a moment of madness I decided to retain my Vanarama South winning side in order to improve finances (we are losing 100-150k a year). I then designed a 4-5-1 tactic with absolutely no punch. By the end of pre-season I knew I made a mistake and scrambled to bring in some better players. I then spent the early season trying to mesh the team while using a bad tactic. I spent mid-season changing tactics while trying to survive with most of my new (read: better) players injured. By the stretch run I thought I was stabilizing things but I just couldn't win a match, suffering six straight draws with the opposing equalizer mostly coming in the final 15 minutes. Morale then cratered and went on a long losing streak to end the season. It's amazing that I wasn't sacked. I think what saved me was the season ending as I had no answers.

Table

Manager Profile

[color=#323333][font=Courier]Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]2016/17         Vanarama South              16th                [/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]2017/18         Vanarama South              1st               Champions & Manager of the Season[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]2018/19         Vanarama National           24th              Relegated to Vanarama South[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]
[/font][/color]
[color=#323333][font=Courier]
[/font][/color]

The Future

The inquest into my season revealed that I never formulated a club identity. I would choose marginal upgrades in talent without thinking of the whole. Therefore identifying an identity is job #1. From there I can slowly reshape the team into that identity. I think I am going to take my time because I clearly wasn't ready for promotion the first time.

The other issue is our finances. It's bad. We only draw 200-300 to our home matches. We lost 150k in our relegation season. I am at a loss how I can build our audience without zooming up the leagues, which isn't possible under my management, so I am hoping somebody comes in and bails us out.

The final issue is that three of my starters want out but are under contract through the year. Their morale is abysmal and I haven't been able to sell them for free. Do I replace them and let them sit on the sideline for the year and hope they suddenly become happy or do I play through their awful morale and hope it doesn't sink the side?

Marine 2017-18 (Season 2)

League - 10th

FA Cup - 2nd Rd

FA Trophy - 1st Rd

Bags of inconsistency all year. Set new club records for unbeaten run and winless run. Amazing both runs overlapped. Admittedly the unbeaten run only contained 4 wins out of 11 games but the ridiculous amount of cup replays gave me a bit of financial respite. I was devastatingly denied a 3rd round away clash at Prem side Norwich by a 1-0 extra time defeat. That might have saved me from the the potential disaster that I can see in the next few seasons.

Finally sorted a system out which gave us a bit of consistency in the second half of the season and a strong 10th placed finish followed.

Key players

Khius Metz - late signing but still top scored for me. Will be crucial to next seasons chances of anything.

Jonathon Thorpe - A nice source of goals from midfield (again) which as we all know is very useful at this level. Our poor form coincided with his long term layoff. Will be crucial to get some cover in for him this time around.

Both are signed up for next season.

Plans for next season

Look at the playoffs (maybe)

Survive financial ruin

Cup run

History

Season    League      FA Cup     FA Trophy  Players used   Notes
------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    16th       2nd Qual   1st Rd      29
2017/18    10th       2nd Rnd    1st Rd      27

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - English Premier Division - 2026/27 - Sixteenth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League South        5th                  Playoff Final/Promotion
2017/18       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              17th                  
2018/19       Met Police               England            Vanarama National League              1st                   Champions  
2019/20       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      21st                   Survival
2020/21       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      12th        
2021/22       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 2                      1st                  Champions
2022/23       Met Police               England            Sky Bet League 1                      4th                  Promoted/JPT Runner Up
2023/24       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th 
2024/25       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  17th                  
2025/26       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  3rd                Promoted via Playoffs  
2026/27       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      16th                Survival

Next Season

Squad upgrades

Facilities upgrades

Cash dollar dollar

Facility News

Stupid overpriced stadium upgrade yet again!

Another stupid 1500 seats in the stadium rather than get a new one.

Training and Youth Facilities again

English Premier League - Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Tottenham, Burnley, QPR

Sky Bet Championship - Nottm Forest, Swansea, Reading

FA Cup - Crystal Palace

Capital One Cup - Man City

Champions League - Man City

Euro - Barcelona

A League - Adelaide/WSW

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Premier League - 2027/28

I thought we may be able to survive and I went about improving the team. We had a good first half to the season but then in the second half we fell away really badly and were in real danger. We survived by winning our final two matches 3-1 against Burnley and 4-3 against Southampton on the final game of the season after almost throwing it away as we led 4-0. We should have survived with ease but we threw away so many 2 goal leads to teams and ended up losing. Thankfully we survived and made a lot of money in the process. Time to build for next season and look to stay in the division.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - made the 5th round of the FA Cup for the first time which is nice.

Squad - Although plenty of changes were made last summer a lot seem to have been panic buys. I need to purchase a new centre back, wingers and striker.

Finances - £51m in the bank and managed to spend £13m on transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Lars Thomsen - New attacking midfielder had a solid season. Hope for more next season.

Cristian Alaniz - Record signing at £3.5m joined in January.

Ronnie McLaughlin - Still managed it in the premier league. valued at £13.5m!

Next Season

Survive again

Improve the squad

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17         Vanarama North              3rd               Lost playoff final  
2017/18         Vanarama North              1st               Champions
2018/19         Vanarama National           1st               Champions 
2019/20         League 2                    8th
2020/21         League 2                    8th
2021/22         League 2                    1st               Champions
2022/23         League 1                    1st               Champions
2023/24         Championship                11th
2024/25         Championship                13th
2025/26         Championship                20th              Survival on final day
2026/27         Championship                2nd               Promoted
2027/28         Premier League              15th             Survival

TRlcO7m.png

Colwyn Bay FC - Sky Bet League Two - 2022/23

Our third year in Sky Bet League Two became our last (hopefully) we gained a very secure promotion. Throughout the whole season we dominated the league and even though Exeter tried to give us some competition we pulled through. Our best player by far was again Dylan Moore, who is on loan from our parent club Everton. We played a more offensive style of football this year and was able to do so successfully with some good additions to the squad.

League Table

99 points! We were close to reaching the three digits points, but in the last match we failed. Very good season overall here. Exeter also had a very good year.

FA Cup

Disappointing display against Leyton Orient.

Capital One Cup

We still have our first win waiting for us in this competition.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Penalties...

Notable events:

Dylan Moore Our best player of the season was from Everton, our parent club. This year he became the league topscorer! We already signed him up for a third season at the club. I think he will do very well in League One

Mr. On-loan After five years of not paying this guy a dime he will now join our club on a permanent contract. Kind of a club legend.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama North               5th         Loss in play-off finals
2017/18   Vanarama North               1st         Promotion
2018/19   Vanarama National            13th        FA Throphy winners
2019/20   Vanarama National            1st         Promotion
2020/21   Sky Bet League Two           10th         
2021/22   Sky Bet League Two           5th         Loss in play-off finals
2022/23   Sky Bet League Two           1st         Promotion

Next Season

Survive and bring in young players.

Well done IainWhite on winning the title, Europe is obviously going to take a little longer. Is Van der Burgh really world class or is the rest of your squad still only decent premiership ability.

Yea he is world class! I had a very average center back pairing before signing him and would concede alot of goals through poor decisons but since getting Rube in the mistakes became less and it obviously changes losses into draws and draws into wins! I have now signed a partner for him who is just as good according to my assistant so hopefully it wil make us even more tighter at the back had a good start to the current season won all 4 league games and our first group game of CL against zenit

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - English Premier Division - 2027/28 - Fourteenth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

2025/26       Met Police               England            Sky Bet Championship                  3rd                Promoted via Playoffs  
2026/27       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      16th                Survival
2027/28       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      14th                FA Cup runner up

Next Season

Facilities upgrades

Cash dollar dollar

Facility News

750 seat terrace conversion for 1 million. Useless :( I NEED A NEW STADIUM!

English Premier League - Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, Stoke, Man Utd.

Sky Bet Championship - West Ham, Norwich, Derby

FA Cup - Arsenal

Capital One Cup - Man City

Champions League - Dortmund

Euro - Liverpool

A League - Sydney/Sydney

Having a go at Ilkeston, I'm 5th at Christmas. Some great wins along the way including a 7-1 away victory followed by a 6-1 victory. Been very hit a miss so far. Find the player recruitment very frustrating. I don't get players who have been released from clubs in the same division as you don't want to join?! They should build something in the game where if a player has been unattached for so long they should lower their expectations and demands.

I don't get players who have been released from clubs in the same division as you don't want to join?! They should build something in the game where if a player has been unattached for so long they should lower their expectations and demands.

That is build in I think :) At least thats how I recruit my best players!

Uol2YD0.png

Dorchester Town FC

Vanarama National – Season 2019-2020

Okey, so our first season in the Vanarama National after our promotion, and what a thriller it turned out to be! We started the season with three consecutive losses, and I feared the worst. A little tweak to the tactic did the trick and we started to pick up speed. We were in play off spot for a long time, but halfway through the season we hit a massive dry spell and started falling down the table. Luckily for us, all of the teams seemed to be inconsistent at one point, and I remember one month finishing runner-up to the manager of the month-award having two wins, two losses and a draw!

Seven rounds before the season were over we again started performing (for reasons unknown to me) and it came down to the final day, when we were actually in 5th place, the last play off spot. All we needed to do was to get the same or better result than Macclesfield who were behind us on goal difference. We had Tamworth away and Macclesfield had an away trip to Southend. Tamworth were without a manager and we had won 5 out of our last 6 matches, I was quite confident! We were 3-1 up after 15 minutes, what could go wrong? Answer: everything. We completely fell apart in defense (as has been a constant since I started the save) and lost 4-3! Gutted! Macclesfield were in the lead at Southend, but when Southend scored in the 86th minute I thought there might be a glimmer of hope. We had a couple of big chances at the end, but lost the game and our play off dream in our debut season was crushed! Only 3 teams conceded more goals than us this season, I'm feeling a bit clueless about my defense at the moment. My players are decent enough for the league, but especially in my dry spell midway through the season they acted almost paralysed when defendind. I need at least one decent centre back for next year.

We made it to the 2nd round of the FA-Cup which was very nice. We beat League 2 side Port Vale 4-0 at home, then Ebbsfleet (League 1) knocked us comfortably out at home (2-4) in the next round. But two home games generated some good revenue!

Looking at the bigger picture I'm happy finishing 7th and I'm optimistic about next season and I hope we can make a push for the title. We need to get our strikers scoring again, as our top scorer was a right winger that due to injury only played 28 games! Defending was at times shocking yet again, we need a quick fix with some new talent! All our loanees this year have performed pretty well, including fans player of the year Eckersley. All 4 players on loan don't have a contract with their original clubs for next season and I might not get them myself as I probably cant afford their wages if I have to sign them on part time contracts. I don't have a lot to work with during the silly season as the club haven't given me a big wage budget, and I have a lot of players on two-year contracts. Good thing about this is that a lot of my best players are young and hopefully they can progress in ability during next season, not needing too many new players. Two new defenders and 4-5 new players on loan should do the trick!

2 years just to plan and possibly another 2 to build, you will have finished the challenge by then!

They should have been planning for years :D

Yeh its crazy right? We sat in a 5250 capacity stadium installing more seats for years instead of just building a new one :(

Started League 2 with a record of 1-6-6 :(:D

The standard in L2 is not much better than the conference, a 3 match winning streak will put you in midtable. I have managed this season a streak of 6 points in 11 games conceeding 28 goals. still midtable with a few games to go

Thought it's about time I tried this.

New manager of Salford City as I lived in Salford when I was at Uni there and I've been to quite a few games IRL. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400056281493743633/7BA3DC836DC08AC96E7FBB2DF4C3EC00A6ACE506/

EDIT: How do I do it so you can click where I've wrote "Salford City" to open the link?

Season 2 for Sutton Coldfield was a marked improvement over season one. As with season one, it started slow, with the team capturing 9 points out of the first 5 before running off a series of 8 matches without a win. Then came the cup matches, and 2 goals in extra time in a replay win over FC United gave the team some confidence back, and we picked up a couple more wins in October. Then, at the end of October, we hit our stride, and we captured 22 points in the next 8 matches to haul ourselves up from the bottom of the table into the thick of the race for the playoffs. The boxing day match saw us pick off 1st place Stockport 2-1 with a thrilling stoppage time goal from 5th-choice striker Aaron Knight, who was still with the team on a non-contract basis and held only for emergency purposes. He made 9 appearances, and this goal was one of 2 on the season. It couldn't have come at a better time.

Unfortunately, the second half of the season was a bit too inconsistent, with no real runs of bad or good games (until the final 4, where we claimed 10 points in order to cement a top-10 finish). Injuries played a small role, but I really need to improve the team's concentration in the latter half of the season -- it wasn't the top teams that I was worried about; we played the top teams well, with some draws mixed in with both 1-goal wins and 1-goal losses. It was the mid-table teams, and even some bottom of table teams, which seemed to give us problems; handing us 1-goal losses late when we were looking like grabbing a point, or late goals to draw us when we'd had 3 points in the bag.

All in all, it was a decent season 2 in the league. A top 10 finish was really my goal, and in the end we finished just 7 points out of the play-offs....so I will likely be pushing for a playoff spot next season. I was completely unable to bring in enough new faces to beef the team up (we were 22nd in the league in # of different players played--fielding just 25 total distinct players throughout the season). With some key players (all midfielders I think) bailing on the team as they feel we are not ambitious enough to meet their goals, I will be looking to change this in the coming season. I did manage to stay under the wage budget, if just, and the board provided enough cash injections to keep the club afloat; though with no cash to spare even for a coaches course.

PROMOTION/PLAYOFFS

Stayed in the playoff hunt, but a late-season inconsistency kept us from really challenging for a spot. Finished 7 points out of the playoffs.

Cup Competitions

The FA Cup saw us make a run through to the 4th qualifying round, where once again we fell to a Vanarama National league team, this year losing 3-2 away to York (who, after having just dropped from L2, finished 6th in the VNC). Nevertheless, it was a decent run, and provided enough impetus and morale to kick the lads on up the table. Interestingly, our 8 goals scored in the FA Cup were each scored by a different player.

The FA Trophy saw the team make its highest position in history, attaining the lofty heights of the 2nd round. A thrilling 4-0 away win at Radcliffe Boro was followed by a narrow 3-2 victory over Nuneaton, before we finally succumbed to a similarly placed VNS Whitehawk team in a narrow 1-0 loss.

All in all, it was a good run in the cups....though I had hoped to make one more round in the FAC this year. Oh well...there is always next season!

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees -- 4 new players have been inducted, with midfielder Malcom Melvin leading the way. Center-back Rio Bryan-Edwards, yound DM Alberto Garcia (who played every match this season), and goalkeeper James Russel also were added.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season: Somewhat surprisingly, top goal-scorer Sayers didn't even make the top-3 here! Instead, midfielder Ben Drennan (MC, and last year's signing of the season) earned 49% of the vote to win the award. Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson (last year's FPoY) and 2nd top goal-scorer of the season (w/ 17 goals) came in 2nd w/ 21%.

Signing of the Season: Rio Bryan Edwards (DC) (free)

Young Player of the Season: Ben Drennan

Other awards:

Top Academy Graduate

S1: Fullback Dave Clarke -- Potential to be useful in the lower leagues...perhaps he'll backup current starting fullback Hatch next season

S2: Matthew Rogers (AMC) -- looks to be a decent playmaking option already...I may have to adopt a tactic that uses an AMC and see if he can develop.

[b][i]Team, Individual, and league records [/i][/b]
A host of records were set or broken this year: (* denotes ongoing record-bold indicates record broke current season)
[b][i][size=3]Sutton Coldfield-- Team[/size][/i][/b]
Highest League Position -- 2nd in Vanarama North (2015/16)
[b]Highest Attendance -- 802 (vs FC United, FAC2QR, 27 Sept 2017)[/b] (previous record: 776  vs Whitby, FAC3QR, 8 Oct 2016)
[b]Highest Gate Receipts -- £13.67k (vs FC United, FAC2QR, 27 Sept 2017)[/b] (previous record: £13.23K vs Whitby, FAC3QR, 8 Oct 2016)
[b]Average Attendance -- 252 (2017/18)[/b] (previous high: 220--2016/17 )
Biggest Win -- 5-2 (vs FC United, 31 Dec 2016)
Highest Scoring Game -- 4-3 (vs North Ferriby, 20 Aug 2016)
[b]Most Games won in a Row -- 4 (28 Oct - 25 Nov 2017)[/b] (previous high -- 3:  4 Oct - 15 Oct 2016)
[b]Most Games without Losing -- 8 (28 Oct-23 Dec 2017)[/b] (Previous high--5:  6-23 Aug 2016 )
Most Games without Winning -- 7, (23 Aug - 20 Sept 2016)  (Previous high: )
Most games without conceding -- 2 (9-13 Aug 2016) (Previous high: )
[b][i][size=3]Sutton Coldfield -- Individual[/size][/i] [/b]
[b]Top Goalscorer -- Liam Sayers --21 (2017/18)[/b] (previous record: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 17 (2016/17)) 
[b]Top League Goalscorer -- Liam Sayers -- 19 (2017/18)[/b] (previous record: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 15 (2016/17)
Most Goals in a match -- Aaron Knight -- 3 (20 Aug 2016 v North Ferriby) (Previous record: )
[b]Most Assists -- Jamie Hatch -- 12 (2017/18)[/b] (previous record: Jamie Hatch -- 10 (2016/17) )
[b]Highest AvR --Ben Drennan -- 7.20 (40 app) (2017/18)[/b] (previous record: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 7.03(39 app) 2016/17)
[b]Most Player of Match awards -- Liam Sayers -- 7 (2017/18)[/b] (previous record: Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 5 (2016/17)
[b]Most League goals for club -- Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson -- 46*[/b] 
[b]Most League Appearances for club -- Jamie Hatch (102*)[/b]
[b]Youngest player -- Dave Clarke (D(RLC)), 16y264d[/b] (previous record: Alberto Garcia (DM), 16y358d )
Oldest player -- Phil Trainer (DM), 35y272d (previous record: )
[b]Youngest Goalscorer -- Dave Clarke (D(RLC)), 16y271d[/b] (previous record: Liam Sayers (Striker) 18y296d)
Oldest Goalscorer -- Anthony McNamee (AML), 32y213d (previous record: )
[b]Fastest Goal -- Nathan Ricketts-Hopkinson: 38s[/b]  (previous record: Aaron Knight (St): 1m57s)

Promoted from the Regional Premier Division Teams:

FC United, Ashton Utd, Chelmsford, Welling, Cambridge City, Bishop's Stortford

League Winners (relegated)

EPL Chelsea (Derby, FUlham, Wolves)

Championship West Ham (Sheffield United, Preston, MK Dons)

League One Portsmouth (Oford, Scunthrope, Doncaster, Bolton)

League Two Fleetwood (Barrow, Tranmere)

Vanarama National Lg Ebbsfleet (Hemel Hempstead, Chester, AFC Fylde, Sutton Utd)

Vanarama North Kettering (Lowestoft, Solihull Moors, Bradford PA)

Vanarama South Bromley (Wealdstone, Weymouth, Aldershot)

Cup Winners

English FA Cup Arsenal (v QPR)

Capital One Cup Chelsea (vs Watford)

Jonhstone's Paint Trophy Peterborough (vs Mansfield)

English FA Trophy Forest Green (vs York)

Euro Qualifcation

Champions League Group Stage: Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City

Champions League Best Placed Playoff: Liverpool

Euro Cup Group Stage: Man United, Tottenham

Euro Cup Playoff:

Euro Cup 3rd QR: Everton

Euro Cup 1st QR:

Continental Achievements

Man City -- Won European Super Cub (vs Villareal)

Man City -- Eliminated from Club World Championship Final (by Corinthians)

Everton -- Eliminated from Euro Cup First Knockout round (by Ajax)

Chelsea -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (By Real Madrid)

Liverpool -- Eliminated from Champions League First Knockout Round (by Paris Saint-Germain)

Man City -- Eliminated from Champions League Quarter Final (By Arsenal)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Quarter Final (by Tottenham)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Champions League Semi Final (vs Bayern)

Tottenham -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Final (By Fenenoord)

Extra detail: none

What's Next?

Improve with whatever players I can attract (I still rank bottom 3 in the VNN/S reps listing, and still have 41 lower division teams with a higher rep!--- up from 55 to start the season). I need to replace some midfielders, but have a couple on my scouting radar...hopefully I be able to entice one or two in. I need to increase the squad size, without increasing the salary (no change to my wage budget this season). I might have to bring in a loan or two more than I normally would...if the right players are out there and interested. Ideally, we'll make a run at the playoffs--we were close enough last year to give me hope.

We're still fairly sound offensively, with at least 3 solid strikers to choose from. I also have a youngster from the last academy class that I might trot out and see if he's worth keeping long-term (15 finishing, but poor starting physical skills).

Still can't get a parent club, can't get more than 2 coaches...can't even start a coaching course. Sponsors are not helping... I had a £100/yr LOSS in kit sponsorship this season! Really need a cup run to get some income generated...and may jump-start the reputation a little

Career Overview

Season        Team             League        Position(Predicted)        Achievements
2016/17    Sutton Coldfield    Vanarama North        16(19)                            Survived!        
2017/18    Sutton Coldfield    Vanarama North        10(20)                              Solid-mid table finish

Thought it's about time I tried this.

New manager of Salford City as I lived in Salford when I was at Uni there and I've been to quite a few games IRL. http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/400056281493743633/7BA3DC836DC08AC96E7FBB2DF4C3EC00A6ACE506/

EDIT: How do I do it so you can click where I've wrote "Salford City" to open the link?

Type in Salford city where the link is. Then highlight "Salford City", and at the top of the edit box look for the globe with a chain-link under it...click that icon and in the text box that appears, insert the http...... link

Hampton & Richmond - Vanarama National - Season 2020/21

League Table - a good first season at this level, started slowly but then found form and looked on course for a top 10 finish only to switch off once we became safe, we lost 5 of our last 6 games which was frustrating but overall have to be pleased with how the season went.

FA Cup - made it to round 2 for the first time ever, we lead league 2 leaders Mandfield 1-0 with 55 minutes played before they tore us apart 5-1

FA Trophy - knocked out at the first attempt here.

Squad - needs work if we're gonna kick on.

Transfers - usual turnover

Finances - ended the season 20k up and made a profit for the first time since I've been at the club.

Key Players

Jack Warburton - CM that has been key to how we've played this year/

Nigel Hassell - 16 goals (Including 4 in 1 game) and 10 assists from the left showed he was more then able to step up to this level. He also won Vanarama National player of the season.

Paul Mottershead - 17 goals and at last we've found a consistent goal scorer (even if he does tend to pick up injuries) so of course he won't sign a new deal with us :(

Faiq Bolkiah - tore us apart last season so I snapped him up when he was released by Maidstone, 16 assists from the right and not a coincidence our form suffered in the final moth when he was out injured.

Bradley Jordan - Warbuton's midfield partner, the 2 of them working together is great to see.

Career Overivew

Season              League                                         Position       Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17             Vanarama National League South                 10th           
2017/18             Vanarama National League South                 19th
2018/19             Vanarama National League South                 10th
2019/20             Vanarama National League South                 1st             Promotion
2020/21             Vanarama National League                       16th

Next Season

Try and kick on

So...THIS almost happened. The next day they decided to drop their bid. I'm actually happy - would feel a bit like cheating imo.

Haha, that would have been UNREAL! Also would have been interesting thought to see how it would impact your progress.

And Enfield was a massive failure. Just no ability to score. Didn't win a game until our 13th and just couldn't make up that ground despite better form later.

So now, off to Cambridge City. Hopefully this will go better, still only need to avoid relegation but the starting roster seems to be a major improvement over what I've had to work with in Enfield and Slough.

Type in Salford city where the link is. Then highlight "Salford City", and at the top of the edit box look for the globe with a chain-link under it...click that icon and in the text box that appears, insert the http...... link

Awesome, thanks.

rKIADK.jpg

Farnborough FC 2016/17

First Season Review

League Table

Should be happy with 7th but seeing as we were in the top 3 for the whole season until we lost 8 in a row from end of February we should have done better.

Transfers

Tom Hickey was our best player and picked up Conference South Player of the Year

Mark Jones was our top scorer and second in Golden Boot for Conference South

Here's our end of season awards

Our end of season review

I got second in Manager of the year

New contract was awarded in the midst of our losing run, had clearly done enough by then.

Weak links in our team were defensively, so I'll be looking to shore up that department. I also need more depth and creativity in midfield.

Career Overview

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    7th              

Next Season

Come on Boro!

dorchester_town_fc.gif?itok=71SRM_70

Dorchester Town - 2017/18 Season Report - Vanarama National League

Season Overview

Unsurprisingly, after back-to-back promotions, we were complete outsiders for everything but relegation, and my early season signings were with an eye to playing more defensively. However, when it became clear that it was far easier to sign attacking options, I reverted to my regular 4-2-4 tactic. This led to us scoring the 3rd highest amount of goals in the league, but we would also concede far too many, often producing results such as 5-3 or 4-4. In the end, despite struggling against the larger teams, our form was enough to sneak into 5th place to qualify for the playoffs once again. This time, however, we were beaten, losing 2-1 on aggregate to eventual promotion winners Barrow.

We were average in the cups, beating Vanarama South team Bath in the FA Cup before falling to League One's Reading after managing to force a replay. The FA Trophy saw us defeat Thurrock, before crashing out to fellow National League side Cheltenham.

Final League Table

Key Players

Joshua Umerah

A deadline day signing who ended up leading our attack from the front. Will be key to any success in the coming season.

Faiq Bolkiah

Bolkiah was our key creative force, easily topping the league's assists charts - apparently he's the Sultan of Brunei's nephew!

Ben Whiteman

Held our midfield together.

Who Won What

Premier League: Man City

FA Cup: Arsenal (v Liverpool)

La Liga: Real Madrid

Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid (v Barcelona)

Bundesliga: Bayern

DFB-Pokal: Bayern (v Leverkusen)

Serie A: Juventus

TIM Cup: Roma (v Lazio)

Ligue 1: PSG

Coupe de France: Marseille (v Stade de Reims)

Eredivisie: Feyenoord

KNVB Beker: Heerenveen (v Roda JC)

Superligaen: FC Midtjylland

DBU Pokalen: FC Midtjylland (v FC Kobenhavn)

Scottish Premiership: Celtic

Scottish Cup: Hibernian (v Kilmarnock)

Champions League: FC Bayern (v Man City)

Europa League: FC Porto (v Man Utd)

Transfers | Finances | Manager Profile | Club Information | Club Facilities | Best XI (Season)

Season  Division  Position Avg. Attendance  Leaderboard Points (Pos) Notes
16-17   VNS        2nd       902               7,101 (133,749th)     Promoted via playoffs
17-18   VNL        5th        1,009             38,997 (227,347th)

jBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Vanarama National League North - 2016/17 - 8th

Season Review

Not a bad season, I had pretty much written off the first season. I just wanted to sign a few decent players and finish in a respectable position, both of which we managed to do. We started the season well but we eventually dropped off. We sneaked in to the playoff places with one game to go but lost our final game against Brackley 3-1 which meant we finished 8th.

League Table

Past Positions

Finances - A cash injection at the end of the season of £230k left our finances in ok shape.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd qualifying round. I would have liked to get a bit further, just to boost our finances a little.

FA Trophy - Made it to the 3rd round where we were knocked out by a much better team, so no real complaints there.

Squad - I think I've got a decent squad in the making, just need a few more additions.

Transfers - Nothing special. All frees, obviously.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                        Position             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Salford City             England            Vanarama National League North         8th                  

Next Season

Sign a few more decent players

Obtain promotion

kTaSBVj.png

Metropolitan Police - English Premier Division - 2028/29 - Twelfth

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

2027/28       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      14th                FA Cup runner up
2028/29       Met Police               England            Premier Division                      12th                

Next Season

Keep moving up the league

Save some cash for new stadium

Facility News

New stadium is coming but apparently they found a way to install 8k new seats? The capacity used to be 5k so I guess they got permits or whatever to expand more.

English Premier League - Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham, Stoke

Sky Bet Championship - Crystal Palace, Swansea, Fulham

FA Cup - Man City

Capital One Cup - Arsenal

Champions League - Sporting (POR)

Euro - PSG

A League - Perth/Wellington

220px-JBkpZgj2.jpeg

Salford City - Vanarama Conference North - 2016/2017

We played like Sampaoli's Chile and we won the whole damn thing!!

League Table - We were okay, I guess.

FA Cup - Got a little deeper than I expected but Notts County was just too good

FA Trophy - Well...it would've fine to go all the way

Transfers- Had a lot of players that were awful. I just let some rot in the reserves while offloading the rest as I could do.

Squad -Its a young squad

Finances - Got better after the board injected some money in

Key Player Profiles:

James Poole - An awesome winger.

Rusell Griffifts - Our starting goalie

Dave Winfield - One of our starting CBs

Jake Cook - Our starting RB

James Graham - Another of our starting CBs

James Horsfield - Our Busquets and we love him

Oliver Rathbone - Remember him??

Ashley Fletcher - Too good for Salford and will be leaving us. Top goalscorer, tho

Career Overview

2016/17   Vanarama Conference North    1st          Promoted - League Win    

Next Season

We got promoted...so I want to get promoted again :D

Decent first season Harry!

Cheers, I've never really managed this far down the leagues before, except when I did a couple of seasons with Solihull Moors in FM11 I think it was.

We've gone in to the next season a bit light on players due to me not renewing a few contracts of players that were on a lot of money and being under a takeover bid (from a group of fans) and therefore not able to sign anyone.

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 24-25

Premier League

Final Position 8th

The League:

Considering our squad vs some of the bigger teams, we did really well finishing in 8th spot. We were really close to finishing within the magic 6 top spots. With 2 games left of the season, only 3 points were separating spots 5-11. We had every chance to secure a better result, but in game 37 we lost 3-0 at home to an Aston Villa team, that we should have won against.

The Cups:

Both cups were a disappointment this year, exiting both in the 4th round.

Capital One: Entered in the 2nd round and beat Portsmouth 2-1 away. 3rd round we beat Ipswich 3-2 home. 4th round we played against Hull, who were up 2-0 by 10 mins, we managed to draw, but lost in the shootout.

FA Cup: Entered in the 3rd round and played 2-2 away vs Swindon. In an exciting return game we won in 4-3 in a poor defensive effort from both teams. In the 4th rnd we met Arsenal away. Despite expecting a heavy loss, we were up 1-0 72nd minute. Things were looking great, until Arsenal scored 2 goals in the 78th and 84th min, and secured a narrow 2-1 win.

The Players:

Many things didn't go as well as I had hoped for, felt forced to change tactic and changed to a 4-2-4, instead of our 4-1-2-3. That helped us score more goals, but also had more scored against us. The players worth mentioning are:

Michel Dupuis GK - Wasn't at his best in many games, also doesn't seem to progress that much anymore. Hoping he will get better next season, if not, that is one of the places I need to look at.

No defenders are making the list this year, they just aren't good enough.

Andrew Cunningham MC - Bargain buy from Man Utd for 350k, rated star potential and have high expectations for him in the following seasons.

Kenneth Simonsen SC - Played him mostly as AMR and will keep training him there. 11 goals and 12 assists in 25 games.

Mark Nagy SC - Our topscorer with 19 goals and 5 assists in 26 games.

Walter Romanelli SC - Everton bought im 2 seasons ago for 7.5mill and a p/x, another bargain buy at 2.8 mill. Scored 16 goals and 2 assists in 28 games.

Except the keeper, i switched players around a lot to find something that would work, so only our keeper played many games, but our midfield and attack, seems pretty set now, just need to find better defenders.

The Extras:

Without anything resembling a trophy, the highlights of the season was board finally deciding to use some money. They wouldn't hear any talks of a new stadium, but they did eventually agree to enlarge the stadium. First by 6008 capacity and then a whooping 150 seats + undersoil heating! They also agreed to invest in our crappy facilities. Hopefully, next season will bring even more investments to the mighty grays.

We did beat a 21 year old record though - For lowest attendance in the PRM.......

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup		Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua		None	Final
17-18	VN	11th	None		2nd Rnd		None	FAT Winners
18-19	VN	1st	None		2nd Rnd		None	2nd Rnd
19-20	L2	1st	None		5th Rnd		2nd Rnd	Runner Up
20-21	L1	8th	None		4th Rnd		2nd Rnd	Semi-Final
21-22	L1	1st	None		Semi		2nd Rnd	JPT Winner
22-23	CH	3rd	None		4th Rnd		4th Rnd	
23-24	CH	1st 	None		5th Rnd		Winner	
25-25	PRM	8th	None		4th Rnd		4th Rnd	

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2028-29 Barclays Premier League

League

Had a fantastic season! Got 7 more points than our championship winning previous season. Unfortunately for us Arsenal had a freak season too and pipped us to the league by 2 points.

FIXTURES 1 |FIXTURES 2 | LEAGUE TABLE

Cups

Reached the 3rd round of FA Cup losing to Swansea and the Quarter final of League Cup losing to Man City

CUP FIXTURES

Europe

Our progression in Europe is coming along we are starting to make a name for ourselves topping our group which included Inter, Zenit and IFK Goteborg, In the second round we faced Basel winng 3-2 and 3-1 setting us up with an all English 1/4 final against Manchester City who were too good for us over the 2 legs beating us 2-1 in our home leg. We only could manage a 1-1 draw away and our European dream was over for anther season

Champions League Fixtures | Champions League Group | 1/4 Final 1st Leg | 1/4 final 2nd Leg

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review| Best 11|Top Goalscorer | Fans Player

Season Division Pos FA Cup League Cup Other Comps European Comps Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 Vanarama National South 4th 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Lost in playoff final
2017/18 Vanarama National South 1st 3rd Qual Rd N/A FAT 3rd Qual Rd N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2018/19 Vanarama National 1st 4th Qual Rd N/A FAT Winners N/A Champions, FA Trophy Winners, Manager of the year
2019/20 SkyBet League 2 1st 2nd Rd 1st Rd JPT Sth 1/4 Final N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2020/21 SkyBet League 1 2nd 1st Rd 1st Rd JPT 2nd Rd N/A Runners up, Manager of the year
2021/22 SkyBet Championship 10th 3rd Rd 2nd Rd N/A N/A
2022/23 SkyBet Championship 1st 4th Rd 1st Rd N/A N/A Champions, Manager of the year
2023/24 Barclays Premier League 15th 3rd Rd 4th Rd N/A N/A
2024/25 Barclays Premier League 13th 4th Rd 3rd Rd N/A N/A
2025/26 Barclays Premier League 6th Semi Final 4th Rd N/A N/A Qualified for Europa League
2026/27 Barclays Premier League 3rd 5th Rd 3rd Rd N/A Europa League 1/4 Finals Qualified for Champions League
2027/28 Barclays Premier League 1st 4th Rd 1/4 Final N/A CL Group stages/EL 1st KO Champions, Manager of the year
2028/29 Barclays Premier League 2nd 3rd Rd 1/4 Final N/A CL 1/4 Final Runners Up in the league

3F01595928731F3B838AAF75B46A09C57041716C

96C6D86DC6E068D6C04B1450BFC9A8ED142333A6

Team doesn't look too bad, pre-season, except for an apparent lack of midfielders, strikers, and defenders. On to the Premier League, Salford!

Made it to the end of the season, actually won promotion, but then the players never went on vacation, they just wandered around the grounds for a couple weeks and then started complaining about pre-season starting so early (6 weeks earlier than the set date). Reported it to the bug people, but they don't know why it happened. But I consider it "save breaking" so I'm likely going to re-start...later, after the game is suitably patched to play in a satisfying and responsible manner. I've started two other saves, and they all resort in some sort of post-season lapse/game-breaking bug.

Archived